Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

weeee... two hours before my vamp grows up, and two hours after that, my eggies start hatching and i'll be unlocked again XD

Hello!

So by reusable to you mean something like a bag made out of linen like for clothing? You can wash it and they are really nice to use but not practical when it rains. In the way they are protecting the things inside like a piece of clothing...

Or do you call recyclable plastic and paper bags reusable bags? I mean you can use plastic bags until they fall apart.

Would it be really weird to bring your own bag or backpack to the grocery where you live? So common here to bring your own bags, you just have to be careful if you bring a kind of bag that they are selling if you buy anything there, so that they don't want money for a bag which you already paif for in the past.

most of the reusable bags i have are some sort of study plasticy kind of material, i think it's partially made from recycleable plastics.  i have a tote bag i made from plarn (plastic yarn that i made from plastic bags; as well as some from a weird kind of fabricy something, but i wouldn't wash it like fabric though.  i have some bags that are made from what i'd call "ripstop nylon," which is another fabric-kind of material too.  but i wouldn't bring my backpack for my groceries....

Well you also don't live near a grocery and go on foot there i know... Another strange think.^^ Using your own feets withoug a bus or a car to get around from leaving the house to the grocery and back. Believe me a backpack is better then having to carry bags in your hands, you arms will hurt if you carry bags in your hands.

Oh we also have those kind of bags, like you kind of rent them:
You pay like one Euro and can use it and should it fall apart you can go back and request a new one and they made sure it goes back into the recycling circle. Without paying again i think. But how do you broke those kind of bags? Not sure if that is true for every store/chain but at least one chain is offering this service.

We have to bring our own bags, or pay a fee plus VAT for the plastic ones (but that will cease to be an optio on June 30th). The food store could care less what kind of container you bring so long as you bring something, be it a paper bag, a fabric bag, a box, a laundry basket...

My mother and I used to walk 20 + minutes to the food store with a shopping trolley (tall rectangular thing on wheels) and the bags at that time were paper. Then everyone started to worry about the trees.

My 2nd gen Prize Dragon finally grew up.  Now I can quit worrying about it getting sick like it did once. 

I thought I had an apartment, but I ran the numbers and It's too expensive.  

3 hours ago, Tigerkralle said:

Well you also don't live near a grocery and go on foot there i know

nope, we drive everywhere.  there's a fast food place i could walk to, which is right near where my daughters went to high school.... but that's probably a good 25 minute walk.  and then another 20 minute walk to the grocery store.  that's a bit of a trek back home... and there really aren't sidewalks for some of that either.

1 hour ago, Swiftphoenix said:

Omg @trystan I am hypnotised by your new avvie ❤️ 

thanks, Swift!  it's in the avatar gallery! :) 

SPIRIT!

*hugs back*

Ok. Sleepy and my neck is a bit achy, but ok XD

How's you?

Very exhuasted.

It's been a to busy week.

I'm hoping to get some enough sleep this weekend

*waves*

I really need to get into a better habit of coming here not right before my bedtime uwu

on a different note, there's a huge roach in my apartment and I can't catch it. I also don't have a spray can (or don't know where it is). I think sleeping may suck a bit considering there's a space underneath the door to the bedroom 😧 (please don't crawl into my bedroom while I'm sleeping) D':

Well that's nightmare inducing, Scorpion 😧

Can you block the gap? Like put a towel or something in front of the door?

Eep... Yeah that is rather troublesome!

I know that feeling WS!

Salad again sadly!

Then I can have some take away tomorrow.

It's very early here but good morning anyway.  

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and assorted muffins*

I am sleepy this morning, and the neighbour's cat does not seem to want to go away (and no, those two things are not connected XD ) but insists on clawing at my screen which I fear will eventually tear it. 

Spirit, do you have a decision yet? Or is it today they decide?

Sorry to hear that, Classy. I hope you find somewhere.

Edited by Lagie
As Trystan would say, proofread, THEN post.

Hello peepz. Just watched Spies in Disguise and it was good! (I may be biased because you know me, Spider-Fan and therefore Tom Holland fan)

hey all...

so my younger daughter is on her way home from college for spring break. the bus brings her into center city philly, and from there she can take a train up to a train station that's like about 7ish minutes from my house. the bus station in center city is about an hour away... and i hate driving in the city, and she knows this... but she still asked me if i could come pick her up. i hope she's not too miffed i made her take the train....

If she's miffed, she will get over it.  

My friend and I went thru a lot of stuff today.  I've got so MUCH to do before I move.  I've been here for over 30 years.  

yeah, she will.

my parents moved to their house back in 1978, and moved to an over-55 community in 2014 (i think), so they were in that house for over 35 years.... :blink: