SkySong278

A Knight's Story

Avery nodded and got up as well. "Let's go to the peer first for the outfits. " He said softly and headed that way. Along he peer he pointed out different ships and what the rigging dose and then they got to the peer market. "Oh there's the vender! Good thing I know my sister's size!" He said running up to the stall and looked at the clothes picking out a lovely black one with gold trim and red patterns on it and a shirt with gold medallions that matched the black one and as an added bonus, a dress that had silver designs on a azure blue material. "This would look lovely on my sister! It's a little too reveling to be a proper dress but the movement and lightweight of it is perfect for swordplay if needed! " He giggled and bought the outfits along with a small intricate dagger for cody and a dress and slippers for himself. "Did you find anything you'd like?"

----

Rayna sighed softly. "It is unfortunately not a big surprise to me. Not only was my late husband was physically abusive, but also degraded his self esteem. " She said and stopped brushing Toro. "It worked on both of us quite well. I grew up in a empowered environment however, and I resisted each time Dominic came for me, however that's all my son has known. He suffers from times where he degrades himself and is quite upset. " She turned to her and took her hand. "Don't be discouraged by this, or get upset or angry at him. He just needs love more at these moments. He gets this way when he thinks everything is going too well and is waiting for something to happen to make the good be balanced by the bad. " She said softly. "Just remind him that he has been through all the bad, and now the good is coming. "

----

"Indeed I'll miss her too. Her spunk is quite a refresher to Zane's stout and stoic demener but he is quite handy, he spotted the attempt on my life right away before I even had any for thought of the actions. Not only that, but he made sure we rushed to my wife's aid before the woman assassin could turn from Alex to her. "

“Alright,” Sarah said in reply before following after him to the pier and listening to his explanation of what the rigging did for each ship he pointed out. She then followed after him again with a smile when he excitedly went to the market and she heard everything he said afterward. “Yes that’s a very good thing in order to find the clothes you need both quicker and easier,” she said before going up to the stall as well and looked at all the clothes there to see if there might be something that she might wear. She paused in her looking when she heard what he said he found for Alex and looked over at what he had picked out. “Those are very pretty,” she said before he bought them and then said in reply to the question he asked, “Not yet.” She then picked up a pretty blue and green top with matching pants that were her size before saying, “Never mind. Found something.” She then went over to the stall owner and purchased them before going back no over to where she had left Avery. “Okay I’m ready to go to the sweets stall.”

~*~-•-~*~

Alex listened to everything Rayna said and looked a bit sad when she heard that his self esteem was degraded at times thanks to his biological father. She squeezed her hand back when told that she shouldn’t get upset or angry with him at these times and give him a bit more love instead. “Of course. I’ve never shown anger towards him and I don’t think I ever will especially during these kinds of times,” she said with a small smile. “I’ll make sure to do that. Maybe he just needs to be reminded of that from time to time.”

•*•~°~•*•

“Yes she does have have some spunk but I don’t mind it at all. I’m also glad for her quick action that saved me from that assassin maid,” Gwen said in reply while Alivia listened to that with interest.

“It was a very good thing that she reacted so quickly,” she said in reply after swallowing another bite of her breakfast.

Edited by SkySong278

"alright! Let me swing by the tack shop first to get the equipment for Zane and then we'll get the sweets. " He said. He turned into the shop and haggled for a bit, payed and the lovely red saddle in the window soon had a sold sign on it. He left the shop and took her hand running into the candy store next to the leather shop.  He got his favorite truffles, some fudge and some chocolate covered cherries and blueberries for Cody. He paid for both his stash and Sarah's candy as a thanks for joining him today and gleefully munched on a candy rock stick as he left the store. 

---

"That's precisely what I do. Chin up dear, your wedding dress is complete and I already have a list of flowers for your wedding. Your brother has been very detailed in his notes and even booked the cathedral a couple months prior once the exact date was set that would be big enough for your family and mine to come. I've been getting RSVPS for the day, and the gifts where shipped ahead. He even offered to set up portals for those who are too weak to travel long distance, so you can meet his grandparents too. Zane is just worried. " She said softly and tapped Alex's nose playfully. "You know what always cheers him up?" She pulled out a basket of food and a recipe. "I was going to make this for you this morning but, I think it'll be good if you do it. It's his favorite Lentejas con chorizo 

----- 

"Can we please not talk about Zane and Alex and them here?  It's all we ever talk about." Edward grumbled. 

"I thought you would be happy after your vacation? Did something happen to upset you?" Harold asked. 

Edward just put down his fork and left the table without saying anything. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

“Okay sounds good,” she said be in reply before she watched as he went into the leather shop to get the red saddle that was currently in the window and then went with him into the sweet shop that was next to it. She looked at all the sweets that were there before picking out some fudge truffles and a grape flavored Rock Candy stick. She was about to pay for them when he did instead and then followed after him out of the shop with her goodies and said after eating one of her truffles, “Thank you for my sweets.”

~*~-•-~*~

“Okay and should I go back to try it on for one last fitting or are we done with those? Oh that’s really good and I’m glad he’s so detailed with these kinds of things as well as him booking the cathedral months in advance so that we don’t have to do that part and just show up. I’m glad the gifts have already been sent ahead as well as Ave offering to create portals for the elderly family members to get here. I can’t wait to meet them. I’ve been working on my Spanish so that I can have conversations with them and whoever else only speak that so that I’ll understand what they’re saying. I understand,” she said and smiled a bit when her nose was playfully tapped. “What?” she asked before seeing the basket and the recipe that Rayna pulled out and then listened to everything else she said afterward. “I’ll be glad to make it for him and thank you,” she said before taking the basket that had the food and recipe in it.

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia looked a bit sheepish when she heard what Edward asked about not talking about Zane and Alex anymore, thinking it was as bit of her fault when she mentioned them in the first place. She then could only watch when he left the table after putting his fork down without saying anything in response to the king’s questions. “He seemed fine then Your Majesty. I think maybe he was expecting us to talk about something else other than the impending wedding. I’ll go talk to him and find out exactly what’s wrong as well as maybe try to get him in a better mood,” she said before getting up herself and going after Edward to catch up to him and find out what exactly was wrong.

Edited by SkySong278

"Thank you for joining me today. You want to come over for dinner tonight?" Avery asked as they got to the area that he lived in. "Cody may want to see you too." 

----

"That's wonderful to hear! Now I'm going back home, the shop reopens and I still have to finish some final alterations on a birthday dress for a countess." He said and gave Alex a hug. "And just to let you know... The few times my son mentioned he got..." She coughed. " 'Excited' involved you. So I think he's going to be fine on his wedding night. " She giggled and winked at her. "I will need one last fitting for you, but this time it's for a set of underthings. And the fasteners are on the back of the dress. " She giggled again and left. "Take care of my son dear toodles!" 

-----

Edward was in the walled off part of the courtyard swinging his sword at some dummies and slicing the hay out of them. He snapped and started talking to nobody after looping off one's head. "First I find out that a man has been following Alivia around, one that has been lying to the kingdom yet is supposed to be my trusted adviser when I become King, and now she is doing the same thing the princess did and talking about Zane when with me!" He turned around and hacked one in half, thick post in the middle being cut clean through in a show of strength. "What is it about him huh? So what he's strong and handsome. I was blessed by the mages when my mother had her baby shower with strength of five men and with hair like gold and eyes like polished emeralds! I'm a prince, their only kid yet he's the one they constantly talk about! I'm off to school and come back to this? Really?" He chopped another one down, hair now a shining sweaty disheveled mess. "I'm tired of this! It's always about Zane this ,Zane that, poor Zane his father was a (donkey), oh Zane is just so strong willed nothing can stop him, Zane is a saint! Zane makes awful jokes, is incredibly depressing and pessimistic! He rarely smiles and just is a downer all the time! Just to hear him constantly go on and on and on about how he feels so pathetic and living a lie by not showing his true self with Alex is just damn annoying!" He snarled and chopped up a dummy breathing heavily.  He leaned on his sword point down and started to sob. "It's not fair he gets to see more of my father then I do. It's not right that I just have to take classes and listen to them prattle on about his triumphs and his life; I'm their son! They haven't talked about my high exam score that crushed the top school's record. They haven't talked about how I went undefeated in the last fifteen debate tournaments I've been in while at school. Not even when I.... " He started to sob uncontrollably falling onto his hands and knees dropping his weapon entirely. "N-not even when I pretend that I was okay when princess Danielle rejected me for the glorified bodyguard! The woman I've been preparing my entire life to spending with, to marrying and she just.... Just....." He hit the ground with his fist. "I had several opportunities to align my kingdom with far wealthier and respected kingdoms and rejected the advances of other princesses because I believed that I was in love with her! Did they even make sure I was really okay? NO!" he slammed his fist down to emphasize the word. "They just planed a ball for me to find a wife like my entire life preparation ment nothing!"

Edward breathed heavily and cried for a couple minutes before he got eerily quiet. He then slowly got up, picking up his weapon and spoke in a chilling tone as if sensing her presence. "If you tell a soul what happened here, you will regret it. " He growled and sheathed his weapon stomping off twords the castle without even looking in her direction. 

“You’re welcome. I had a lot of fun. Sure I’d love to and I’d like to see him as well,” Sarah said in reply to what he said and asked when they got to the area where he and Cody lived.

~*~-•-~*~

“Okay and good luck with that commission,” she said in reply before returning the hug and then listening to everything else she said afterward. She blushed a bit at both the mention of him getting ‘excited’ when mentioning her as well as where the fasteners were on her dress before blushing a bit darker when hearing about the underthings that she needed to be fitted for. She nodded before saying in reply to the last thing she (Rayna) said as she (also Rayna) departed, “I will. Bye!” She then went back to her and Zane’s house with the basket afterward and then when she was back inside the kitchen, she started to follow the directions on the card on how to make his favorite dish with the food that was inside it.

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia heard everything he said to himself while watching him hack hay dummies with his sword, starting to cry a bit herself. She didn’t want to walk up to him while he was in his mood, although she was tempted to, and was about to say that she was sorry for earlier when he walked towards her but didn’t get the chance to before he was gone. She could only nod in reply to what he had said to her while he headed back to the castle and followed behind him but at a distance. She went to the stables where Yue was and got out a piece of paper and a writing utensil out of one of the bags attached to her before writing a note for Edward. When she was done writing it, she left the stables to go back to the garden, and gave it to the queen while telling her to give it to him when she saw him later as well as saying that she was going to head back home for a bit but would still like to go on the tour of the castle when he’d be in a better mood. She also thanked them for the delicious breakfast. After receiving a nod, she went back to the stables, got Yue ready to go, told her guards that she’d like to go back now, and then started to head back to her house afterward. Little did she know that they were going to run into bandits on the way back (just a bit of drama. figured he could go rescue her after one of her guards rides back to the castle to tell them what happened and after he’s calmed down a bit).

Her note to him read:

Dearest Edward,

I’m sorry that the conversation over breakfast turned out to be mostly about Zane and Alex for I didn’t mean for that to happen. I should have changed the subject and I’m sorry again for not doing that. Maybe we can do the castle tour a bit later as well as possibly going on a picnic date in the garden maze. We can have one of the guards at the castle be our chaperone. I love you.

Love,

Alivia

Edited by SkySong278

Avery nodded and lead her to his home in the wearhouse and walked inside. "Hey Cody, I brought your sister over. Oh and I got you some sweets. " He said handing him the chocolate. " We're going to have a early dinner. Do you have any preferences?" He said tieing on a apron.

----

Zane came in and washed his hands and arms in the laundry room sniffing the air. "Wait... Are you making... " He peeked into the kitchen and Saw her. "Are you making my favorite soup? " He came up behind her and hugged her from behind chin resting on her shoulder. "It's just what I needed. Thank you so much love." He hummed softly.

---

Edward had packed up a bag, changes into a set of pesent clothes and took a lesser known horse from the stables several minutes after she left. While he was sneaking out of the gate when Alivia's guard running up the road panicked. He was running away, not because he was angry at Alivia, but at his parents and the lack of care they seemed to have. With a grunt, he saddled up and rode in the direction the guard came from. He didn't get her note or hear what the guard wanted but if he's going that fast it would be a emergency. He rode up on the group at a trot hood pulled over his head. 

Sarah walked into the warehouse with him and nodded in acknowledgment to Cody as well as waved at him when she saw him and then sat down at the table so she wasn’t in the way.

“Hey love and welcome back. I see that and oh thank you. No I don’t. I’m fine with anything you cook. I love everything you make,” he said in reply to the question before setting the table with silverware and napkins. He then waved back to Sarah with a smile of his own before also sitting down at the table.

~*~-•-~*~

“Mhm. Your mom gave me the recipe when I saw her in the stables earlier. She said that she was going to make it for us for breakfast but she wanted me to make it for you instead,” Alex said in reply to his question before feeling him come up behind her and held her close to him as well as his chin against her shoulder. “I’m glad. She also told me to remind you that the bad stuff is over and now it’s time for the good stuff,” she said in reply with a smile before she finished making the soup. “I hope it’s as good as your mom makes it,” she added after spooning out some of it into a bowl for him and giving it to him afterward.

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia and her guards continued to ride for a bit longer until they were approached by some bandits that had been hiding in the bushes, trees, and behind the trunks of the trees. They tried to go around them but they only surrounded them more. The guards drew their swords before she was taken off of her horse, and captured. She let out a scream before she was knocked out on the side of the head and one of the guards who saw that ran on his horse back towards the castle to try to get some help while the other two guards fought the bandits.

When the one that ran to get to the castle got there, he saw what looked like a peasant riding away from it and towards the way he had just come from a little while ago. “Excuse me, but could you please help? My Lady Alivia was captured by some bandits while we were on our way back to her home. I was able to get away but I’m not sure where they took her and I’m worried that they might harm her,” he asked and said to him while hoping that he’d help. He had no idea it was the prince in disguise.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery sighed and rolled his eyes. "Boy you're hopeless. " He teased. "Hmm... Ah! Let's have some roasted chicken with scalloped potatoes? " He said with a snap of his fingers after washing his hands a knife and six large potatoes hovered in the air and began peeling themselves as Avery got the chicken he got yesterday from the cold box and began seasoning and stuffing the bird with minced mushrooms, garlic, salt, bread crumbs and several spices before putting it in the stove as the potatoes where sliced and floated into a pan. 

-----

Zane looked down at the bowl and sniffed. He sniffed again as he took it and set it down and pulled her against him and kissed her deeply for about thirty seconds before pulling away then kissed the top of her head tenderly. "Although I always heard that, I never really believed that all the bad luck I've been through is now being balanced out by the good. " He murmured and took the bowl to eat the soup taking a bite as he headed to the table. He had to pause as he made the loudest moan. "Bueno." 

-----

"I saw your rush and was heading in that area. Lady Alivia is being courted by the prince right? Go inform the castle guard and I'm sure the majesties will send men back out with you. I'll go ahead. Quickly now." He said inn a deep voice. With a swift kick, his horse took off like a shot. 

He quickly arrived in the area where the bandets where and drew his weapon. "Enough you vagabonds! Release the poor woman at once!" He growled still in a terribly fowl mood. 

Cody blushed a bit at Avery’s teasing before saying in reply to the other question he asked while sitting down next to his sister, “Sure that sounds really good.” Sarah nodded in agreement from where she was sitting at the table and then watched with interest as the potatoes peeled themselves while floating in the air.

~*~-•-~*~

Alex kissed him back just as deeply as he did her for the same timeframe before he pulled away and said all that he did. “Do you believe it now?” she asked him curiously before following him over to the table. When he stopped, she went around him and sat down before blushing a bit when she heard what he said softly. “I’m glad. I love you amor de mi vida,” she said just as softly with the blush still on her cheeks.

•*•~°~•*•

The guard nodded in reply and quickly went to the castle to tell the king and queen what had happened before getting permission from Gwen to take some of their guards to help in the effort. She wasn’t sure where Edward had gone to but also thought that maybe he had gone on a small ride to get some fresh air after breakfast earlier. The guard got back on his horse while the other guards did as well and he led them back to the area where Alivia had gotten captured by the bandits.

Alivia was slowly coming to when she heard someone tell the bandits to release her but didn’t recognize the voice. She thought maybe it was possibly in disguise but wasn’t sure.

“Oh? Why should we? Who is she to you?” the lead bandit asked in a slightly challenging way with his arms crossed over his chest.

She shook her head a bit in order to clear the fog that was in her head a bit more so she could see better and she thought she saw Edward standing there but in a different kind of outfit. She started to tear up a bit when she thought of him, knowing that he hadn’t been in the best mood when she saw him earlier and was angry with her. She composed herself long enough to get herself free from one of the bandits holding her captive while the lead bandit and the person who she thought was Edward were talking and hit that bandit in the leg with a discarded dagger that was on the ground. The one she hit in the leg with the dagger got her back in the shoulder after he composed himself and she winced slightly before he tied her hands behind her back with a tighter knot than before while glaring at her, warning her not to do that again.

Edited by SkySong278

"It would be wise not to hurt her again." He said darkly. " I am just a traveler. It's not to me whom she is, but to the Prince. Let's do away with pleasantries and chatter. I'm not in a good mood for talking and my sword thirsts for blood." He snarled drawing his weapon. It was enchanted silver, the only thing that stuck out from his poor attire and his face hidden deep in his hood. "Oh, look at that fancy sword boss. I'll get it for you-" a cry of pain sounded after a flash of silver and the bandit who was starting forward to engage Edward had his sword cut from his (the bandit) hands, having three fingers removed from his body. 

Edward got into a stance again. "Who's next?" Edward snarled.

Edward left a note on his bed for whomever would find it. It read: whomever reads this, inform my parents that I have left the city. If my parents are reading this, do not come looking for me. You know of my skills. I can take care of myself. I feel like I have been living in a shadow when I returned from school. Please inform Alivia that I am not angry at her. I am tired of my hard work and diligence going unrecognized to the both of you like it was expected for me to be great. So, I am leaving for now. I need time to heal.

---

"That's right, you never seen magic up close before." Avery said noticing her interest as he added cheese after it grated itself, salt and pepper and cooked the potatoes. "What would you like to drink?" He asked them both as a hot pad floated over to the table, the chicken removed from the oven by unseen hands and he set the pan on another hot pad. "Dinner is ready!" He said with a flurish and with another snap, the dishes washed themselves, at least the ones that he had used so far. 

---

"I do. You should try some. It's good and spicy." Zane said. "I still feel depressed, but... I have a beautiful, loving and patient wife with me I think I'll be okay." He said finishing his bowl and then pulled her onto his lap. "Can we go for a walk today? " He looked at the clock. "It's already passed lunch. Wow we really slept in today."

“Ah but if she doesn’t mean anything to you, why should you care if we hurt her one more time or not?” the lead bandit asked in reply to Edward‘s first statement before nodding to the bandit that was holding Alivia that gave him a sign to hit her again and he did and this time he knocked her out with the butt end of the dagger he held. 
Her head turned towards the right before she fell unconscious due to both the pain of that injury and the one on her shoulder.
Some of the bandits backed away after one of their colleagues got three of his fingers cut off by the “fancy” sword held by the traveler.

The guards from the castle and one of Alivia‘a guards got there just as the bandits backed away from Edward. They started to surround the remaining bandits and also started to draw their weapons if they would cause any trouble.

———

Gwen went up to their son’s room a little while after the guards left and saw the note that was on his pillow, reading it afterward. She started to get tears in her eyes before calling her husband, “Harold!”

•*•~°~•*•

“Yes, that’s right. It seems to come in very handy when making dinner,” Sarah said in reply to the statement before heading the question about what she wanted to drink. “Water will be fine,” she said before Cody said, “Tea for me please.” Then they both watched as the food appeared on the table before being told that dinner was ready. “It looks and smells really good love,” he said while Sarah nodded in agreement. Then they both started to spoon some food on their plates afterward.

~*~-•-~*~

“I’m glad you liked it and I’m also glad you’re feeling better. I’ll get some in a bit,” Alex said in reply to the first statement before hearing the rest of what he said. “I’m glad you feel a little better and thank you. I’m glad,” she said before being pulled into his lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck before saying, “Mi amor de mi vida.” Then she heard the question he asked afterward and said in reply, “Sure I’d love to. Maybe to split tree hill and we can have a picnic as well. I guess we were both really tired.” This last thing she said was said in reply to his last statement after he looked over at the clock.

Edited by SkySong278

Edward saw red. He just witnessed a woman being struck not once but twice, handled roughly and he grinded his teeth in anger. He didn't even realize the guards where surrounding them. Rushing forward his hood fell back as he charged at the bandit who hit Alivia and plunged his sword through the man's leg, removed the sword as he spun around and had the butt of his sword smack the bandit's temple hard enough to make it bleed. Then he lept on the leader and knocked him down sword jamming into the ground beside his neck. Emerald eyes dark with rage as he growled out an order. "This man will be hung for his crimes, him and the rest of the highwaymen here. Arrest them!" He barked at the guards. "If any of you put up a fight, you will be going to jail missing limbs, or avoiding prison all together with you being a head short for the gallows." He growled to the bandits.

"Gwen! I just heard news from the guard that lady Alivia was attacked on the roadside! Where's Ed....-" he shouted running down the corridor out of breath and stopping seeing the bedroom void of his son and his wife distressed. "What is the matter?" He said softly, eyes seeming to age and grow sad seeing things like candles missing, the tinderbox and flints gone by he fireplace, the money bag, hunting crossbow and bolts Edward kept in his room missing. 

------

Avery made tea for himself and Cody and brought water over for Sarah before sitting down and dishing out his portion. "We got some wonderful gifts! I got Zane a new set of tack in red leather. I brought home some chocolate covered cherries and blueberries for you too so don't eat them all at once, you'll get a belly ache."

--

"Showing off your Spanish skills? Your accent is off a bit, but it's not your native language, so of course you'll sound off. I was thinking about just around the City. I've been only to a few places while living in the city limits and I will like to explore a little bit. " He said softly resting his head on her shoulder. 

The bandit beside Alivia that was attacked by Edward cried out in pain before the leader did the same, his face growing a bit pale when he saw that the ‘traveler’ was the prince as well as when he heard what he ordered the guards for them and where they were going afterward. He nodded in understanding when he heard what he said and backtracked somewhat to get away from him and then went to gather the other bandits before they were all tied up by the guards at the prince’s command.
Alivia came to a little while later, or rather tried to but her vision was a bit blurred due to her head injury. She heard Edward’s voice telling the guards to arrest the bandits before asking, “Edward?”

———

Gwen handed him the note to read, sniffing a bit to try to not have too much of a runny nose. It was then that she looked around the room to see that a few things of Edward’s were gone. She hadn’t noticed that before and only the note.

•*•~°~•*•

Both Cody and Sarah nodded their thanks to Avery as he got their drinks before the former listened to everything he said. “Sounds like a great wedding gift and aw. I’ll just have three each then after we’re done eating dinner,” he said with a small teasing pout when he heard that he couldn’t have too many of the sweets his love had gotten for him.

~*~-•-~*~

“I’ve been practicing and oh. I’ll try to work on that a bit more. Oh okay we can do that. Can we do a picnic dinner at split tree hill, then?” she said and asked before running her fingers through his hair after he had rested his head on her shoulder.

Edited by SkySong278

Edward immediately went to Alivia and pulled her into his arms, clicked his tongue so his borrowed horse would kneel so he can get on without letting her go. Once the guards took the bandits back to the castle Edward waved for Alivia's personal guards to continue escorting her back to her home. He partially covered her with his cloak and tenderly kissed the lump on her head. "Keep still and quiet. Keep your eyes closed. Bright light and loud noise makes the hurt after a head strike worsen. ..." He was quiet for a while, pulling his hood back up. "I'm sorry I made you cry... And I'm sorry for threatening you. I would never ever harm any woman. I'm not angry at you." He said softly, hand cupping her cheek softly. "I'm just hurt. I don't know how to feel right now. It hurts when you wholeheartedly trick yourself to love somebody yet they don't feel the same. I'm not saying that I don't have some feelings for you... I am just bitter and toxic right now. I need time alone to think and heal. A lot happened in a few months with the princess, the ball, the sickness, and now this..." He stopped at the edge of her town. "I'm running away for a bit. I'll return for the wedding however before I go..." His thumb rubbed along her upper and lower lip before placing his lips on top of hers holding them there for two deep breaths in a chast and tender kiss. He handed her to a guard after that and took off through the town and taking a road at random once he reached the crossroads.

Harold read the note and sighed in relief. Of the many thoughts that crossed his mind was a kidnaping glad it wasn't that but still conserning. "Ed.. ran away? " 

((Will post others in next post.))

((okay))

Alivia did as Edward told her to do which was keep quiet and keep her eyes closed as well as still after she was partially covered by his cloak and before listening to everything he said afterward. She wanted to say something but didn’t and would instead put it in a letter to him later. She just hoped that one of her guards would see which way he would go so that she could send that one after him with the letter. When she heard that he’d be back for the wedding, she was glad and then grew a bit curious as to what he was going to do when he went silent after that. Her heart then began to flutter when she felt him trace her lips before he kissed her and she was able to kiss him back before he left. “You saw which way he went, right? I’d like to send you after him with a letter,” she asked and said softly to the guard that she was handed off to.

“Yes I did Lady Alivia. I’ll be happy to deliver that letter for you. Just let me know when you’ll like me to do that,” he said in reply before walking with her in his arms to her house.

———

Gwen nodded in reply to his question before wiping her nose a bit. “It’s our fault. We keep talking about Zane and he doesn’t like it when we do,” she said before going over to him and resting her head on his shoulder.

Edward rode hard to another town, through that one then turned off into the deep forest at the base of the mountain range that borders 3/4ths of  the country. There he eased up and slowed to a trot then a walk before dismounting and getting off the road sweeping away any evidence of him leaving the road and took a trail into the woods. 

I don't think it's just that. We rushed him. I remember my own first heartbreak and it was devastating. He's much like me my dear. Holding his emotional response in check but I'm afraid he has no clue how to vent it out. Our boy is very strong and skilled. He'll be fine in the wilderness. Let's hope he and lady Alivia are okay out there. " He said hugging his wife. 

----

Avery flushed when he got teased. "Well I don't want you to bellyache when your tummy hurts from eating too many sweets again. " He said softly sipping his tea. "Everything is set for the wedding and reception. It's going to be the best day of my sister's life! Oh Sarah, have you come across any promising young men... Or ladies if you'd prefer them- yet?" 

----

He shivered and hummed. "I love it when you do that. Just be careful not to get die on your hands. " He said softly. "Sounds like a plan. What should we pack for a picnic? A salad and fruits?"

Alivia’s guards and she herself made it back to her house an hour or so after their chat, there were a lot of houses in the town she lived in, and her parents were concerned when they saw the current state that their daughter was in. The guards made sure to relieve their concerns by saying that she would be fine and just needed a lot of rest. They nodded and made sure to have a maid and a doctor follow the guard that was carrying her upstairs so that she could get the care that she needed.

———

“Oh okay. I guess when he gets back, we’ll have to do better with not putting a whole lot of pressure on him. He and Lady Alivia seem to get along really well. I just hope that continues,” she said before hearing the footsteps of a few guards in the hallway.

“Your Majesties we just came to inform you that the highwaymen/bandits that had captured Lady Alivia have been put in the dungeon per Prince Edward’s orders. Lady Alivia has also been rescued and has probably made it back home by now,” one of the guards said after both of them bowed to the royals.

•*•~°~•*•

“I know and I appreciate your concern. That’s why I’m only going to limit myself to three sweets each so I won’t eat too many,” Cody said in reply before both he and Sarah heard the rest of what Ave said afterward. “That’s very good and I’m sure it will be,” he said before Sarah said in reply up the question that was directed at her, “No not yet and I’m into men. Not that it’s a bad thing to be into women, because it’s not, but my preference is for men. I’ve gotten quite a few suitor requests, but it’s a bit difficult to get through them all.”

~*~-•-~*~

“I know. That’s why I do it. You also like it when I give your shoulders a massage. I’ll be careful of the dye,” she said in reply before hearing the rest of what he said and asked afterward. “Okay and that sounds good. We can also bring a pie for dessert.”

Edited by SkySong278

Finding a suitable place, he pitched a tent and settled in for the night.

--

Harold looked at his wife after receiving this news. "Now we have some idea where he has gone. He probably ran into her guard leaving and rushed to her rescue. I'll go question the bandits in prison." He said and turned to the guard and saw blood on his armor. "Wait did you get injured?" The guard shook his head. "The prince did a number on a couple bandits. A nurse is with two of them trying to stop the bleeding and one has died bleeding out from a leg wound and his temple caved in. His highness was terrifying. " His armor rattled as he trembled. "He looked absolutely furious. "

----

"I wasn't sure since your brother had a affinity for both but perhaps I can help you go through them? I can do some research on some and you can do what you want with it, so your safe. I'm sure Cody, Zane and your father would be enraged if one of the suiters turned out to be a bad choice.." he said softly. "One of the ladies I went to the convent with found that out. She was a good friend and was like Cody, but preferred men. She contacted me about a man who she was infatuated with then a week later she was in the infirmary.  That's the weekend I left without telling you love." He said to Cody. "I first got her healed up then got her back on her feet, then I tracked that man down and ... Let's just say he's not producing children or sitting down anytime soon. I've started on attack and defense magic. I think I'll go to a different location to call a new familiar. " He said softly finishing his meal.

--

"Pie? Darling you're speaking my language. Let's get things ready so when we come back from out walk we can just run in and get the basket then head back out." He said softly setting her down and getting up making sandwiches. 

Alivia slept for awhile, the doctor checking over her wounds while she slept. The maid also got things the doctor requested her to get for him to help heal Alivia’s wounds and then once they were done, they left her room, and the doctor reported to her parents that she’d be fine and also that her wounds had been seen to. They nodded and looked relieved before going to the sitting room. They would check on her a bit later after she had gotten a bit more rest.

———

“Oh? I’m surprised. Maybe he did it due to Alivia being in danger and if that’s the case, I’m glad she’s someone that can bring out that protectiveness in him. Although it’s a bit scary how far he’ll go to do that I’m still glad he has a protective side,” Gwen asked and said in reply to everything the guard said.

•*•~°~•*•

“That’s understandable and yes, please. That would be a big help if I had help going through all these requests. Yes, I’m sure they would and would want to protect me. Oh I’m sorry to hear that about your friend but I’m glad that she’s better or at least I’m assuming that’s the case now,” Sarah said in reply to Ave’s suggestion of him helping her out with the potential suitors she had before Cody got curious when he heard about that being the weekend he (Ave) didn’t tell him he had left. “Oh but why didn't you tell me? I would’ve understood,” he said now with a confused and perplexed expression on his face.

~*~-•-~*~

“Mhm and I’m glad. That sounds like a very good idea and perhaps while we’re out we can also pick up a pie from the bakery or would you rather it be homemade instead?” she and asked in reply before making a sound of disapproval and pouting a bit teasingly when she was set down. While he put the sandwiches together, she located a basket, and started to put some fruit in it.

Edited by SkySong278

"they did hit her twice. She's been brought home and looked after by her doctor I believe." The guard said. 

"It is conserning that Edward would go to such an extreme... But he did initially left the table in a fowl mood. I agree though, that protectiveness would make him a great King, and think before he acts. But.... We have been expecting a great many things from him. And this," he waved the note. "is the proof that he needs just a little bit more time to adjust and mature. " He waved off the guard and sat down in a chair removing his crown. "I wish he could have just told us me needed more time to deal with everything. " Harold sighed pinching the bridge of his nose.

--

"Well..." Avery got up and turned his back to them washing his plate and utensils. "She's better now but um... The reason why I didn't tell you is because I didn't want you to see my ugly side. I burned a man's backside pretty bad. I wasn't in the mindset to tell you. " He said softly. 

----

"I would love a pie made from you, but if we don't want to lose daylight we best get one from the bakery." He said softly and folded the sandwiches in cheese cloth and tucked them into the basket with a canteen of wine in the basket too. 

“Oh then that’s why. He had good reason to do what he did then because of that. I’m glad she’s at home with the family doctor so that she can recover faster that way,” Gwen said in reply before hearing everything Harold said before and after the guard left. “Yes he would make a very great king and possibly he just needs to believe it himself. Maybe he didn’t feel that much emotion until we continued bringing up Zane and Alex’s wedding among other things and it got to him,” she said in reply before getting up and moving behind him to gently massage his shoulders when she saw him pinch his nose.

•*•~°~•*•

“That’s good that she’s doing better and it’s understandable of what you did. I would’ve understood but I understand why you didn’t tell me and it’s fine,” Cody said in reply while helping bring some other things over from the table to put away and Sarah helped as well.

~*~-•-~*~

“Okay. Maybe a chocolate one or fruit?” She said and asked in reply as a suggestion of what kind of pie they could get before going over to the basket and closing it after he had added the sandwiches to it. “I love you mi amor,” she said after moving behind him and wrapping her arms around his waist.

Edited by SkySong278

((shall we skip to wedding after this?))

The King nodded and took her hand. "He's definitely a strong man. Let's just hope he stays safe out there." Harold said softly.

--

"I'm glad that Star and her hatchlings are doing better. Apparently they started to shed the metal scales and she's willing- with my help- to make a suit of armor for Zane out of the pieces. It would be just like his sword, unbreakable and strong. I told her that a brestplate for him, his wife, the prince and for you would do nicely. There's enough material to make two and a half full suits so whatever is left we can make into helms since the more vulnerable areas are the chest and head areas. " He said drying the dishes. "Since it's apart of her children's skin, dragon's blood would be on it and then forged in dragon flame. Star wanted to do something more to thank a dragon slayer's descendent who refused to spill the blood of magic creatures and instead spill his own blood in defense and protection. "

---

"Fruit. Can it be blueberry? I love blueberries." He smiled softly as she hugged him from behind. "Yo también te amo mi bella esposa." He said softly saying he loved her too and then calling her his beautiful wife. "Let's go for that walk now." He said taking her hand and leading her out of the house. 

“Just like you my love and yes,” Gwen said in reply before squeezing his hand out of comfort.

———

Alivia continued to sleep for another couple of hours or so until she woke up and wanted to send a note to the king and queen. She rang a bell that was on a side table next to her bed and a maid came and she asked her for a piece of paper and a writing utensil. When she got those, she wrote to them that she was going to be fine and that Edward said that he’d be back for the wedding. He just needed time to heal. After she signed her name at the bottom, she asked for a messenger and once one came she told him to deliver the message to the castle. He nodded, got a horse, and then rode to the castle.

•*•~°~•*•

“That would be awesome to have and I’m sure Zane and Alex would enjoy it as well. I’m glad Star and her babies are doing well and that the hatchlings’ scales are starting to grow back. That’s very good news. The blood would make the armor very strong I’m sure. That’s very nice of her to do. I’ll have to thank her the next time I see her or you can do it for me the next time you’re out there visiting her,” Cody said in reply before starting to put the now dry dishes away where they belonged.

~*~-•-~*~

“Okay and sure. Mi guapo esposo y rey,” she said in reply before squeezing his hand a bit while walking out of the house with him to start their walk through town.

Edited by SkySong278