ShadowMonster

Nalom

David took up the rear as they entered the cozy cottage of the woman Eskia insisted they go see. It was strange that withen the hour that Rain and himself were deciding if they would go or not. David wasn't on to believe in fate but something was driving them all this way. David looked over the room as the others started to get comfortable. David took a seat on the floor on the opposite side of Phil's chair. He figured they were all still alive this long so they should keep sticking together. David would be able to keep Phil and Rain behind him if something happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bec had been pretending to be gathering things from the cart when the others entered the cabin in the swamp. Now she was sitting with her back against the driver's bench and looking out into the soupy fog. They were there to see some kind of mystic. Bec didn't believe someone like that would have anything important to tell Bec. Besides, being trapped in there with David and all the newcomers seemed a little too stressful right now.

Her purpose is to stay alive. She had never met her parents but something was telling her that she didn't have any. She was mainly traveling with Rain and Phill because she liked them. She wasn't interested in fate or saving the planet. Her party just seemed to have a higher chance of survival and Bec wanted to take advantage of that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skinner stopped after a little ways of traveling passed the city gates. Dauoa was looking worse for wear and Skinner could feel the energy from the pendent thrashing and pulsing erratically. It was giving Skinner a overwhelming feeling of dread if I keep the mask from Dauoa any longer. Skinner smirked, he assumed that meant that the mask was getting desperate. Skinner had dealt with cursed objects enough to know to ignore the nagging voice invading your thoughts. Skinner could feel that the mask was starving just as much as Dauoa.

Before them was a strange sight. Walking straight onto the wall of fog looked normal, but as Dauoa and Skinner made their way around the edge, they could see that the fog ended abruptly. There was just a wall of swirling fog surrounding an area of unknown size. Skinner blew out a puff of air when he learned that it was a powerful incantation created some time ago. Skinner gave up on trying to break it and walked into it, heading towards the center to get to the bottom of this. Skinner dropped fairy lights as they walked to leave a trail of reference for their journey into the thick, unnatural fog.

Snow was never away this long and Theon was starting to worry, he was sure Snow wouldn't get lost.. he was afraid his loyal companion would be hurt but he decided not to think of it.. it wouldn't help.

"Not much to tell. I dont remember past when I was taken in, so my real family is lost. But my master said he fou d he as a orphan and raised me. He taught me what I know and then we went our separate ways." The smile on theon's face was gone but not entirely, he knew what it felt lose your family. "Must feel bad huh? not knowing who your real family is.." He sighed, the screams of his family echoing in his mind.

"Let people underestimate you, son." His father took a long breath. "But why would i ever do that father?" Theon's voice was a bit high pitched, he was still a kid dreaming of being a knight.. poor kid. "so you can show them how wrong they are, they are more likely to make mistakes if they underestimate you."

Theon was about to mention he was able to cast some magic spells, but he remembered his father's lesson.

"Now I travel with this unfortunate group of people." Theon gave a faint smile, nodding. "I dont blame you, but you're gonna have to deal with it... or you're gonna be really, really upset."

Shane was shocked by the touch, but quickly relaxed, trying to not give away his true intentions. The man looked like what Shane could've been... a criminal who was caught and became a prisoner. Shane was relieved to know that he wasn't the only human, though honestly to Shane, this man was a threat... his thought process was way too similar to Shane's, and only one of them could rule a new empire.

When the rest of the people began to exit the wagon and head inside of a cottage, Shane stayed a little bit behind the group, trying to get a good view of the area, all the possible escape routes. This was exceptionally difficult due to the fog, though Shane got just enough knowledge of the area in case he was to make an emergency run.

Even though the lady owning the home offered everyone to take a seat, Shane remained standing, leaning against the wall and keeping his head low. His eyes stared at the ground as his mind began to think. Remain calm Shane. Do not make a move yet... they have too many numbers. Wait until they split up, take them out when they're alone... then, you can dispose of their corpses, using this house as a base and finding a village to recruit... then your empire can be born.

Eskia came back carrying a tray of food, a assortment of sandwiches on it. Setting it the floor in front of rain she walked away, back to the kitchen. Taking a seat her job was done for now.

Just as sat down her mother came out from behind the curtain. She stood at about 5"3 and a little hunched over. A large cane was gripped in her hand to help with walking. Her large head turrned, taking in the occupants the room. Some were going to be trouble on this journey, she could tell already. All were needed though to take on and reverse what was happening.

Sighing she walked over the large green chair that phill was sitting in and rain was leaning against. Shagging phill from the chair she took her seat. It was common manners to let the elderly have the furniture.

"Most of you know who I am. Some have set to find me while the rest of you were dragged here. I will answer and all questions in due time." Ekia spoke, the same power reverberating through the room. It was a live hum that only stopped when she stopped talking.

She gave a pause and tilted her head to the side looking at the wall that lead to the back. Someone else was coming, a little lost but they would eventually find this place.

"Eskia dear, find them please." She asked, no reference as to what she was talking about. But Eskia need it, she had felt them two as they entered her fog. Standing Weaver through the people and excited out of the room.

"Sorry about the delay but I needed her gone. I know didn't come with a adequate payment and that's not unwelcomed. But you see ia problem, I am growing old. Far older than she thinks, and I wouldnt be around much longer." Stopping she looked around the room.

"I ask as payment, when you leave take her with you. She will be of help to you. That is all I ask. It you agree then to me one by one so I may SEE you." Leaning forward she waited for the first brave soul of those in here to forward.

-----

Rain watched was ekia came in. She was significantly larger than eskia in bulk, but that wasn't what through him off. It had been when she spoke, the power that came from her saturated the room amd made breathing difficult. How could one being hold so much.

Eskia leavimg brought rains attention back to ekia.

"Sorry about the delay but I needed her gone. I know didn't come with a adequate payment and that's not unwelcomed. But you see ia problem, I am growing old. Far older than she thinks, and I wouldnt be around much longer." Stopping she looked around the room.

"I ask as payment, when you leave take her with you. She will be of help to you. That is all I ask. It you agree then to me one by one so I may SEE you." Rain was definitely not going to be the first to walk up to her. Glancing around the ropm he looked at the occupants of the room. A variety of looks spread out between the party, and for some reason raingot the feeling the group felt about the same as him.

------

Eskia wandered out of the house and back around to the side her mother indicated. Setting out he waved her fingures a few times and cleared to fog. Stopping she waited. They would soon stumble apone her so she would wait.

----

Dauoa followed slowly behind skinner, not want to get to close but not wanting to be left behind either. It was getting hard to walk as the hunger feed into and fueled tiredness.

"Skinner, I'm hungry" he know it was redundant but he couldnt help it. Stepping closer he eyes skinners arm. He was thin but dauõa was starting to not see him, Just a sack of food. Given he wasnt in his other form and no condition to fight, that didnt stop him from stepping even closer to skinner and inhaling a large whiff of his scent.

Hmmmmm

Dauõa's chest mummbled as he slowly reached out and touched the sleeve on his arm. Goddess he was starving.

"Skinner I do t care if i have to raid a cemetery when I get back. Please, I'm dieing here. Ill be good afterwords, i promise." Dauõa leaned against skinner a little taking another whiff. Oh how easy it would be to just take out a chuck. Being this close it could happen, and he had felt his teeth amd claws lengthen slightly into a point. The power pushing what it could to him in an attempt to get him food.

Shane's plan was immediately changed. A journey to somewhere else? They were all required? Shane was immediately interested in this new place. Maybe it would hold the wealth Shane had seeked his life, the power and dominance he could demonstrate once he had his own private army. He would use these others to his advantage until he needed them no longer, then he'd eliminate him. Shane wanted to see where this journey would take him, and intrigued, he stepped forward, his own frame towering over the seemingly frail old woman.

Shane of course didn't know what he was getting himself in, and was wondering why no one else had done it first. Was this old woman a mystic, a gypsy? Did she have powers or something? Shane honestly believed these all to be hoaxes, but with the way things were going this entire day, anything was possible.

"So you know something I don't know, huh gran?" Shane said, testing the old woman. "Lay it on me then. I could use a bit of knowledge ya know?" He added on, giving a smug smirk. Shane had no clue what he was getting himself in to.

Ekia turn slightly to a new comer, one she hasn't seen in her sight. But she didn't have to to see him. He was a typical thug in the world. But that will be determined shortly.

Reaching out she touched a long finger to his forehead. As her eyes lit up a shining orange and red, like embers of a fire, here vision took hold of body. Her mind drifted away, to a small town set into the mountains. There at the heart stood shane, but the town empty. The buildings were large and beautiful but there was not a soul along to share them with.

Suddenly the scene whipped away and another one played out. This one he was standing in a door, watching as a woman walked away with a small bundle in her arms. This time he in a stone building, a fairly large one. But he was not happy, be it the dolphin want large enough or other matters.

As the scene ended ekia came away with more that what she was shown.

"You seek power yes. you will have it given not taken. Small it will be ,it will grow, but you are a greedy man and one day something you care for more will be lost to you. All that you seek with come by but no one will be there to share in it with you. You hold a empty home young one." She saddened for him but she could do nothing for him.

She didnt think he would under stand what it ment but it was possible. Doubtful but possible. And the future is always changing, if his black changed his future may change. Only time will see.

Theon looked at Rain as Eskia offered him the food tray, "good meal huh?" He said, his voice a bit lower than usual. As soon as Ekia came in, everyone in the room was staring at her, including Theon.. He thought it was rude so he looked to the ground, he knew the powers mystics posses and was full of respect for her.

When Ekia started talking her voice boomed with power and for some reason Theon's face shone with a smile, he glanced at Shane as he went over to Ekia. "So you know something I don't know, huh gran?" Theon was surprised at Shane's words, he figured him out as a troublemaker, it was obvious.. but his tone and words showed no signs of respect which ticked theon off. "Maybe you should show some respect to her.. Just friendly advice.." His tone was aggressive but he didn't really care.

Finally Ekia finished telling Shane of his future, it was time.. He stood up, sighing, and made his way over to Ekia and gave a light smile, sitting on one knee in front of here, his father taught him respect above anything else, especially against his elders. "What do you have to offer me?" His tone was empty of emotion and just bland.

((Sorry for the rushed post, on my way to school lol))

Skinner stopped when Dauoa stated again that he was hungry again. It had only been forty four hours since they had started treatment and DAuoa was deteriorating faster than expected. Skinner Looked the pale boy over and bit his lip. he needed to do something or the curse looked like it might kill him. Skinner dropped to one knee and looked the boy in the eye,

"I know it's hard but I'll get you some help. Just try and hang in there" he said gently, trying to calm the boy down.

"Skinner I don't care if I have to raid a cemetery when I get back. Please, I'm dying here. Ill be good afterwords, I promise." Dauoa pleaded with him.

A pang of guilt struck Skinner's heart. It was his fault he was suffering like this. Skinner was treating him like a lab rat. Sure he was taking care of him but that was to cover up the fact that he was experimenting on him. Skinner sighed and looked back up at Dauoa, "I know Dauoa. I can't let you cave just yet. this mask has hijacked your body and mind in order to stay alive. This monster that you killed to protect your village is still beating you. It's latched onto you and is using you to continue hurting people"

Skinner rose from the ground and stood at his full height, dusting the knees off while doing so. He gave Dauoa a happy smile, "You don't want to be a slave to this thing forever, do you?" he asked.

A quick glance around revealed that the fog had cleared in a path for them. In the distance, Skinner could make out some kind of small house in the fog. Skinner headed that way, a rune tattooed on the back on his neck began to glow as he drew closer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David listened to the strange old woman's first performance with the newcomer, Shane:

"You seek power yes. you will have it given not taken. Small it will be ,it will grow, but you are a greedy man and one day something you care for more will be lost to you. All that you seek with come by but no one will be there to share in it with you. You hold a empty home young one."

this was what David was excited about. A prophecy is only a prophecy to the person it is about, to everyone else it is a window into the person's character. Unfortunately, what David feared turned out to be true. This Shane guy was a self destructive and violent man. He glanced briefly at Phil and Rain. Shane would have to go through him if he wanted to hurt them. If he did turn out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing, David wanted to be the first to know.

Ekia watched as shane moved and another young man took his spot. This was was better dressed and held weapons, a trained warrior by the look of it. Which was good because all of there future held fighting. Most of there future where bright but a few where dark and two no future.

As theon bent down onto his knee she smiled. A respectable young man, that was good.

"I have already seen your future, it is a bright one." Ekia reached out and took one of his hands drawing him up.

"A great house you once was, now no more. a close friend now lost when the truth be told. Hold fast and take up a strong will for the answer is in your heart to make your house great once more." Ekia smiled gently, his had been a nice one to see. His house and power would be restored,that was a given. But how he went about it would determine the quality of people he keeps around. She prayed kindness was what he would be known for.

------

"You don't want to be a slave to this thing forever, do you?" Skinner replied with a smile.

Dauõa stopped and watched him. Was this nothing more than a game to him, was he a object that skinner could do with what he wanted. He had hopped that he was more than a thing to skinner but the longer he was with him the more it seemed that way.

Seeing red dauoa reached out and grabbed skinners arm, spinning him around before his fist conected with his face. Not stopping dauõa shoved him back before coming at him again.

"Why, I am trusting you and your killing me. Am I nothing more than a toy to you. Something to use and through away when it breaks, because I'm starting to feel broken skinner. " Dauõa hit skinner again and fell, his exhaustion taking its toll. But skinner had fallen also and was on the ground as dauoa sat on his stomach.

Raising his fist again he brought it down slowly, crying as he fisted skinners shirt.

"I thought you cared, but skinner its hard. The line between being a friend and food is blurring, and you may not care but I do. I.... I dont want to be a monster anymore. I want friends and a family, I want to seemy and dad again. I want.....I want......I don't want to do this anymore. Skinner please." Reaching up from his shirt dauõa grabbed his horns. They were a false anchor but it was enough. But like every thing else it didn't last as they finally popped off, ready to start over.

"Aaaaaahhhhhhgggggggggrrrrrrrrr" dauõa reared back amd through them but they didn't far. He wasn't strong enough to through them far. Looking at the man under him he flaired again. Dauõa hit weakly in the chest before leaning down to sniff at neck and shoulder, tears still running down his face.

He was hungry and there was food right there, weaker form or no he could still take a few bites. But something told him he wasn't supposed to. Oh well did it matter.

Dauõa attempted to bite the shoulder under him when he sent flying. Landing a little ways away he looked back up at his food. That was odd, usually there already dead by now.

(After the scream dauõa kinda losses himself. Here's starving and there's food. He loses concept that it's skinner and he shouldn't. Go wild on him he'll survive.)

-----

Eskia was standing a little ways away and was watching the whole interaction between to. It was entertaining so who was to interrupt.

they next thing Skinner knew he was being spun around violently. He saw stars as Dauoa's fist connected with his noes. There was a sicking crunch and Skinner toppled backwards.

dame kid got the drop on me he thought through gritted teeth.

"Why, I am trusting you and your killing me. Am I nothing more than a toy to you. Something to use and through away when it breaks, because I'm starting to feel broken Skinner. "the boy demanded.

"That's not why I'm helping you!" He tried to explain through the boy's blows to his face and neck. Skinner raised his fists to protect himself, "If I wasn't here to try to help you you would already be dead!"

Skinner relaxed when the boy's blows relocated to his chest and decreased in intensity. Skinner knew that it was frustrating and painful but this was the only way he knew how. If he just removed the curse it could have killed him.

"I thought you cared, but Skinner its hard. The line between being a friend and food is blurring, and you may not care but I do. I.... I don't want to be a monster anymore. I want friends and a family, I want to see my and dad again. I want.....I want......I don't want to do this anymore. Skinner please." Dauoa pleaded as he reached up and ripped his horns from his head. He was crying and not out of rage.

Skinner reached up and gently took the boy's wrists, 'I know it's hard Dauoa..." he said softly, "And I know it's hard to believe right now but I am trying to help you. We will figure out a way to sedate the mask's influence." The boy seemed to be calming down. Good, crisis adverted.

Skinner's eyes grew wide when Dauoa leaned towards his neck with a sound of pleasure resonating in his chest. A new source of pain bloomed in his shoulder as his teeth sank into his flesh.

There was a flash of blue light and Dauoa went flying backwards. There was a thud nearby that told him Dauoa landed somewhere close by.

Skinner rose off the ground and drew a wooden spoon from his coat. His right shoulder was a mess with flowing blood. The boy only managed to break the skin. Luckily, Skinner was able to get him away before any severe damage is done. Skinner paced next to Dauoa and crouched down a few feet away. The boy seemed to be crying. Could be a trick to get him closer. Skinner has known skinwalkers to mimic a person in distress to lure in prey. Skinner placed a hand on Daoua's shaking shoulder, "I know it doesn't feel like I'm doing you any good. Hell, I don't even know if I'm doing any good. This thing killed your village and forced you to leave the people you love. I want you to beat this thing so if you ever waver like this just know; I'll be here to make sure you don't do anything you don't want to" He sat crossed legged on the damp grass and waited for Dauoa to recollect himself. Skinner did not want to close the locket and cut him from the source. He wouldn't too as long as Dauoa kept it together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bec raised her head from her knees and looked out into the remaining fog. She heard a scream. A pained and enraged scream echoed in the air. Bec glanced at Eskia who had joined her outside moments before to clear the fog. She was expecting someone but it sounded like a fight. Bec unwrapped her arms from around her legs and scooted to the edge fo the wagon. She peered into the fog, trying to make out the source of the noise.

"Eskia? Whats out there?" She asked, hopping to her feet and joining her on the edge of the fog. Bec didn't wait for an answer, She just jogged into the fog to help whoever was in trouble.

Phill had watched as the other two walked up to her and had their futures fortild if they continued down the path they were on. Phill stood up and walked closer to the older women, his tails swaying nervously. His ears twitched as he heard what sounded like a scream and he moved his head left and right "anyone else hear that? It sounded like someone in pain i hope i'm not just hearing things."

He returned his focus to the seer that stood in front of him. He lowered his head and his ears flattened to the side with his nerves. "I would like to know mine as well please, maybe i could change my path if i am a bad one i just am curious." He had the food wrapper still and was playing with irt in his fingers as he waited his turn. Phill had saw david looking at him and figured that david was being protective. After hearing shane's he was pretty cautious as well and was not going to let him hurt anyone and bring them down too especially not david or rain since he had been around them the most, bec as well was up there though she still had a lot of mystery around her.

Shane rolled his eyes, caring less about the prohpecy given to him. Shane thought it was full of crap, just like the palm reader's in Cincinnati who tricked people into giving them money. "Maybe you should show some respect to her.. Just friendly advice.." Shane turned his head to the one who spoke, giving him a mean look. I'm the dominant one here boy, not you. He thought to himself, before realizing the distrust everyone had of him.

Shane was getting impatient and annoyed with how the others were suspicious. They were right to be, but this would only hamper Shane's plans. He would probably have to work with them, and pretend to be their friend to get what he wanted... and once their trust was built up, that's when Shane would strike, betraying them and getting all the power to himself.

A loud scream broke Shane from his thoughts, and instinct took over. He whipped his gun out of his coat and pumped it, pointing it towards the cabin's entrance. If the others didn't know he had a weapon, they did now, and maybe they would take warning of it.

Eskia watched as bec disappeared offering a small, thats not a good idea before she was totally gone into the fog. She knew that someone else was coming, but from the sounds of it they where having a private discussion. Eskia didnt think it was a good idea to disturb the new comers.

Giving a sigh both mentally and physically she waved her hand in the air dispelling all of the fog from around the place. It made it open and easy prey, but with the amount of people they had inside she didnt think anyone would bother them. And if they did there was enough people to help fight them off.

----

Ekia motioned for theon to take a seat as the next peraon came up. He was a young kitsune with brown hair and golden eyes. He was timid amd shy and it warmed her heart to see someone like that. To long she had seen those around her have a strong leadership like personality, but with no good quality's to make people follow them.

"Come phill, yea? No need to shy and hide away, a person likw you is rare. " Gently she took him by elbow and pulled him closer. Rubbing his hair she cocked her head and sighed.

The vision started with phill walking down a strip of trees, the leaves littering the ground in shades of brown, red, and golds. Two small children was with him but he was missing a important member. For the first time in a while she felt the emotions of the person she was seeing.

Joy

Pride

Love

Longing

And ....sadness.

He had lost someone to get to where he was in this vision.

Again it changed years down the line he is sitting outside of a small stone house surrounded by woods. There must have been a family reunion, this time with new additions. Two older males and two females showed up and in one arm was a babe. Its hair red and black with large golden eyes.

As phills eyes landed on it tears sprang to his eyes. But they were not just from sorrow but joy.

When the vision emded she glanced at the other kitsune who was teying his hardest not to meet her eyes. She wouldnt tell him all of it, it would break his heart and he wouldnt help to complete the journey that lay ahead of the group.

"Hold close to those dead, time is a cruel thing. But joy will be found and bonds will be strong. A family you will have with a past left behind. A reunion of sorts for broken hearts is what awaits you. " Leaning back she took hold of his hand.

"Do not fear child, destiny is a strange thing and tied to the future it is. Set straight nad true and tou will have nothing to fear." Letting go she let him take a seat before glancing at the last two. Both destinys were dark, niether would live to see the end of it. Not as they once were at least.

------

Dauoa cried as he looked up at skinner from where he was on the ground. He had just attacked him and was somewhat successfully. He hadnt ment to but now he could taste the blood in his mouth, and it was almost Divine.

"I know it doesn't feel like I'm doing you any good. Hell, I don't even know if I'm doing any good. This thing killed your village and forced you to leave the people you love. I want you to beat this thing so if you ever waver like this just know; I'll be here to make sure you don't do anything you don't want to" dauõa believed him, unclear if he would do it as a friend or do it as a nice person putting a wounded animal down.

Rolling to a standing position he stared at him. Thoughts running rampant, if he really wanted to it was true. If skinner really wanted to kill him he could have, dauoa just kept forgetting that. And sometimes dauoa catches a glimpse of a man who is more than what he originally man himself to be. If it was acting it was good.

The padding of feet on hard ground made dauoa turn his hear,looking for the source as the fog cleared altogether. It revealed a tall woman with black hair and olive skin coming to them. He had never seen her before but what worried him was the increase of people. He had already attacked skinner and skinner could keep him in check, but what about her.

Giving a growl low in his chest he faced her fully, wiping at the remaining tears on his face. He didnt say anything partly because he was afraid that it would come out more gravely and demonic and because he couldn't. His throat was constricted from crying and from the blast skinner dealt. Who ever she was skinner would warn her and hopefully she would be on her way.

The fog cleared around Bec as she traveled. She assumed that Eskia had done something to help her find the distressed people. Now that the way was clear, She could see a strange man hunched over another person. As she drew closer and the one on the ground shot to his feet and locked eyes with her. There was a brief flash of understanding that was replaced by rage. The man lunged at her, snarling like an animal. Bec cried out in surprise and backpedaled. Her foot caught a rock and she sprawled backwards as Daoua closed in on her prone form.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No! Stay back!" Skinner roared but it was too late. Dauoa had weaseled out from under him and was now charging the innocent woman. Skinner outstretched his hand "Vanet!" he shouted. The stone behind Bec's foot vibrated and shot from the ground towards Skinner's waiting hand. The only obstacle was Bec's ankle and Dauoa's forehead. The stone struck both, tripping Bec and Striking Dauoa between the eyes. Skinner caught a glimpse of the light in Dauoa's eye fading as he lost consciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hold close to those dead, time is a cruel thing. But joy will be found and bonds will be strong. A family you will have with a past left behind. A reunion of sorts for broken hearts is what awaits you. " Leaning back she took hold of his hand.

"Do not fear child, destiny is a strange thing and tied to the future it is. Set straight nad true and tou will have nothing to fear."

The woman's prophecy was cryptic like the rest but David had a better idea since he knew Phil pretty well. It made him feel good that he had a decent future. After his story was finished, the woman focused on himself and Rain. David took a deep breath and rose from his place on the floor. He nodded to her silently, ready to get his future told.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skinner walked to Dauoa and looked down on him. Poor kid. A small trickle of blood leaked from a small split on his forehead. Skinner reached down and sat him up. While he was in the process of picking him up, Skinner was shoved from one side

"Leave him alone! What did you do to him?" Bec Yelled, moving to Dauoa's side to check him over. Without warning, Bec and any lose grass or earth began to float upwards into the air. Bec whirled around and came face to upside down face with the older grizzled man.

"Don't touch my patient" he said firmly, switching the gravity in the area back to normal. Bec crumpled to the ground and Skinner caught Daoua over his shoulder. He glared at the woman on the ground and walked towards the cottage. There was someone standing close by. Maybe they could help them.

She heard the scream amd chooses to ignore it. Knowing what it was she was not worried. All of them would be back shortly. Shane however had other ideas as he pulled out a gun.

"This is no place for a weapon as no one will harm you. So put that away." She glared at him as if daring him to say something. If he didnt like it that was ok, she would just put him outside with his apparent threat.

Ekia looked at the older man in front of her now. She could tell that he had been a looker in his youth but even now he held a good face. He was alot.png like shane personality wise but she could tell from the looks he had been given around the room that he cared for people.

It seemed that he had a tendency to do bad things but was not truly evil at heart. And this would be a key component in his future. Reaching out she touched his shoulder to bring him close and sit next to phill amd david. These three would end up together like family by the time this was done. But that was only if all three survived, as their future could change.

"David dear, earth has closed you out. You can never go back, but a home amd family is not lost to you. So many people will change you and many things will happen. But you future ends dark as discussed death awaits you, but so much more." Leaning back she once done she just continued to look at him. He would have a small future till the end of this journey then he would change. She couldnt see past that amd that usually ment death.

------

Rain watched the whole scene unfold, nervous about what was said to both phill and david. Phill was to loose someone important and david was apparently.....to die?

That didnt make scene and with the three of them they should be able to over come just about any obstical. It wasnt right that they would lose someone. But as she has said, destiny is connected to the future and the future is ever changing.

Making room for david rain scooted over to beside ekia's knee. He figured that she would still want to touch him like she had done for everyone else but the area in from of her was turning out crowded.

"Hello" rain all but whispered his greeting. He wasnt to sure what to say but it was the polite thing to do.

-------

Ekia looked at rain as he scooted across the ground. He was weaving around the people to get closer without actually standing. Ekia know it was because he didnt like being around alot.png of people, in situations like this though where there was no escape. Rain liked to hide behind or under others.

Laying a large hand on his head she rubbed his ears. Making sure to scratch just behind them at there base. A low rumble came from him as he leaned into the touch. Giving him a smile she filtered through what to say.

"Time will fix old wounds but time is something you do not have. A lover lost, a old companion found. A legacy left behind, a child to bare. A family you give, sorrow you bring, a life you saved. These are yours, no one else's."

Glancing around again ekia took in the faces that where there. She was missing some, two she new was coming, the othere choose to stay outside. Standing she made her way to thw door.

"Feel free to stay here for the night and rest, you will need it. If you steal anything I will know and kill you myself." She said in a joking tone before disappearing out the door.

------

Recognition dawned on dauoa as he spotted the neckles hanging of of the womans neck. This woman was bec, the same censorkip.gif*** that he put his faith and trust in and she ripped it out. The first person he had trusted in a long time of his own free will and she destroyed it.

If she had just talked to him he would never had gone out and never had hurt himself. He would never had been caught. Rage bubbled up in him as the tears dried. This was her fault, he would still be running around if it wasn't for her.

Dauoa wormed is way out from under skinner and took off at bec. He didnt get far as skinner screamed something behind him and a blinding pin lit up on his head. It hurt so much and pulled at his consciousness, slipping to his knees on the ground he faded and fell.

-----

Eskia had catched up with bec just as she was dropped back to the ground. The older man was walking to her but she paid him no mind as of that moment.

"Told you bec, wasnt a good idea. That one there" she pointed to dauoa on skinners shoulder. "Is close to death and isnt in his right mind. You should have listened."

Eskia then turned to thw man not saying a word and lead them back to her house. Out front she stopped to share a few words with her mother before leading skinner inside.

"Back behind that curtain is a bed, you can lay him there to rest. Sleep will help him the most right now." Stepping out of the way she made room for him to pass.

-----

Ekia watched her daughter come closer before she stopped to tell her what had happened. As the shifter came by ekia reached out and cought her shoulder.

"Child, I think we should talk. You hurt and I can feel your pain from inside. What ails you?" She could scence becs pain but she knew the answer. Unlike the others though bec needed to come to terms with herself first before ekia could help. As she was her future was a blur just like her in her state of mind.

"Sit back on the wagon and talk, eskia will deal with those inside." Ekia raised her cane and brought it back down, a gentle thud hitting the ground. Orange runes shot up and around filling the area one more with thick fog. Still they stayed away from thw house by 10 feet or so. Just enough that bec could see and talk to ekia without feeling threatened severely.

Shane's eye twitched at the mystic snapping at him for drawing a weapon. Do it Shane his sadistic thoughts commanded Turn your gun on each one of them. Shoot them all down, make them all die. Watch the life fade from their eyes. No one tells you what to do.

Shane just about did that exact thing, before he locked the safety of the shotgun, putting the weapon back into his coat sleeve with an annoyed mutter. Not now, not today, not yet. There was still a treasure out their to seek... to him, none of the lives in the room mattered but his... they were all expendable. It would only be a matter of time before he began to eliminate them, but that time was not now. Soon, maybe, soon.

David flinched, not at the scream, but at Shane's trigger happy reflexes. Hypocritically, David's hand went to his own gun belt, his fingertips brushing the wooden stock. Shane was carrying a standard Wilson combat 870. It didn't have a shell rack that he could see but David knew it had a capacity of seven, six in the mag and one in the chamber. This guy could have enough fire power to take them all out. David's newly designed guns were spectacular but they were still rustic. Shane's semi-auto capabilities surpassed David's guns in both speed and damage. The only advantage he did have was that his gun took a specific type of ammo. A type of ammo that was unavailable as far as he knew.

David's fortune was the second cause for alarm. It was dark, much darker than those that came before him. "death awaits you?" What was that suppose to mean? Didn't death await all of them at some point or another? That aside, the never getting home part was more distressing than dying. He at least thought he was going to die on earth. Also, this didn't explain why he was even here in the first place. Perhaps no one truly knew why he was brought to Nalom.

David was broken from his string of conscious when a familiar face burst into the room after Ekia left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you so much." Skinner said, walking backwards to talk to the woman, "And it's good to see you again, Ekia" he said with a smile. He used his free hand to twist the knob and step into the little cottage.

David was surprised to be facing the group of people he dealt with in New Mesa. David glared but nodded in approval. He must be remembering his request he made earlier. What he didn't know was that Skinner was here on different business and in no way changed his mind. Him being here was a coincidence. A very heavy coincidence.

"e'hem...hello all. Good to see you again." He said stiffly. What the hell were they even doing here? He thought they were leaving. Skinner excused himself deeper into the house.

He found the bed quickly, it was exactly where Ekia told him. He gently lay Dauoa on the bed and took a look at the cut on his forehead. He might have some bruising but his ability to heal was amazing so Skinner was not concerned about dressing such a small injury. He did, however, pull up a chair and took a seat next to the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bec was surprised when the old woman caught her by the shoulder, causing her to stop mid stride.

"Child, I think we should talk. You hurt and I can feel your pain from inside. What ails you?" she said in a strangely powerful voice. It was a voice used to giving bad news.

Bec shook her head, "Nothing. I just rather stay outside, that's all" she said, crossing her arms. Despite her defensive answer, she continued to walk slowly alongside Ekia's old form back towards the house.

The old woman took a heavy seat on the back of the wagon.

"Sit back on the wagon and talk, eskia will deal with those inside." she said, patting the space next to her. Bec started to resist again but something changed. For an instant, her form seemed to waver slightly. It was like a skip in a vhs. Her face softened and she obediently climbed inot the wagon next to her.

Bec looked down at her little silver bird dangling in front of her chest and sighed.

"I...don't feel like I belong on this trip anymore." She said softly. Truth was, Bec had been denying anything had been wrong after her talk with both Daoua and David. She assumed that they were in the wrong and didn't talk to anyone about it.

"I messed up to many times. I shut out Dauoa when he opened up to me about something horrible. Then, last night I had sex with David in another form. I just thought it would be fun but he got upset that he didn't know it was me" She wouldn't look at Ekia. she just watched the magic fog roll in.

"I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've never been around a group this long. I'm just doing what has always come naturally to me"

Bec drew up her knees to her chest and sighed.

Rain had been sitting in the front room when the door opened. He as expecting to see Ekia coming back in but instead skinner walked through the door. He was carrying someone on his shoulder, it looked a lot like Dauõa but without antlers.

"e'hem...hello all. Good to see you again." He said stiffly, he stopped to look the group over and rain didn’t like it. What was he doing here, did he have business here or just happened to be passing through.

When he left through the back door rain turned to the group. Confusion on his face.

"Does anyone know what he’s going here. I thought we left him in new mesa. And was that Dauõa. He said he was going to turn him in to the pacifiers. But he’s here instead and looks half died." Rain looked at David with this last bit.

-------

Ekia made room for bec on the wagon and wrapped her in a hug. She left like she needed it.

"I...don't feel like I belong on this trip anymore. I messed up to many times. I shut out Dauõa when he opened up to me about something horrible. Then, last night I had sex with David in another form. I just thought it would be fun but he got upset that he didn't know it was me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've never been around a group this long. I'm just doing what has always come naturally to me" doing Bec's whole explanation Ekia listened quietly, Bec needed someone to listen and point her in the right direction, not tell her what to do.

"Bec, you don’t belong anywhere in this world. no place is given because you are one of a kind, you must make your own place. Most are born through parents, given a family and love. You came from the earth, you have no parents so your path is harder to forge." Ekia took in a breath, this being the most she had talked In a while.

"But you have started building a place. This group you are with, they are the material to build a house. Your time and interaction with them the tools to put it together. You are no longer alone, but give it time."

Quietly Ekia looked at her and took her hand. It had been such along time before she had shown anyone her visions, but Bec needed to see her future.

Ekia drifted away into darkness, a speck of light playing open and growing larger. The scene opened to reveal Bec trailing behind Rain and Theon, Ekia looked to the side and spotted the spectral form of Bec. She looked scared and out of it. Holding tighter to her she brought her closer to hold her steady.

"Shhhhh just watch, I know its confusing and it doesn’t look good but it will change."

In the vision rain and Theon was talking openly about different fighting styles. Bec in the vision was trailing behind. Falling farther and farther away. Eventually rain seen her and held his hand to Theon. Walking back he smiled and grabbed Bec's hand and puled her forward.

"So Bec, I have never seen you fight. Would you like me and Theon to teach you"

The scene changed again and this time it opened to a small stone house. Ekia remembered this as Phill’s house. Bec was sitting in a chair smiling at Phill and what appeared to be his grown kids. In her arms was a small child with large red fox ears and golden eyes. The child was Phill’s but Bec had a smile on her face as a younger child ran by and stopped. Taking and pulling her from her seat to play. Handing the child to Phill she went off. When the child got far enough away its form shifted and changed. Ekia know the child was not Bec’s but one being kind of like her. Almost like the earth made it for her

"Mommy let's play." Bec’s form never once changed in this scene. The smile happy on both faces.

Willing it to change again, it looked as if time rewound to back doing the journey. This time Bec was with Dauõa and skinner. Both were laughing and crying over something. Bec looked slightly embarrassed but skinner was explaining something Bec done and why not to do it.

Dauõa had hugged Bec before he left to go do something.

When the scene ended and the last one played out it opened to the end of the journey. Everyone was in a large flat plain. Small flowers grow out. Theon was leaning on Bec a small wound in his side. Phill was sitting on the ground and crying while skinner stood by him, a silent pillow of strength for those in need. Eskia stood beside Shane he glanced at David. All were standing around to glowing figures, both were talking in whispered voices. Immediately Ekia knew they were gods, and she and Bec had been graced with seeing there presence in her vision.

"Do you see them, they are God's. Never before have I seen one. I think its a good sign to you. "Ekia glanced back to the sad faces around the two. There was a person missing but Ekia didn’t comment.

"I think what the vision is trying to tell you is, you make your way. This group is your family and you will build a home in the heart of many here. As they will you. You have been blessed by seeing this, so I don’t have a set prophecy for you. Stick to this group and this is what you will have. Work for the future of the ones you will have near you. But stray and it could change, the choice is yours and I would tell you what is right. But you want a place to belong and people to call your own. You can and will have it but like building a house it takes time."

Ekia pulled them back to the wagon. Gazing out into the fog she watched it roll out and about, opening and closing, a living entity all its own. She waited for Bec to regain her breath and come back to her scenes

------

Dauõa opened his eyes and looked around. He was in a bed closed off in a small room. Sitting beside his was skinner in a chair. His head was down, bowed as if tired.

"What happened. “croaking a dry throat Dauõa winced as he sat up. He was sore and had a splitting headache. Reaching up he felt a small cut on his head. Glazing at skinner who had raised his head Dauõa spotted the blood on his shoulder. Gingerly reaching out he touched his shoulder as the memories came.

"I'm... sorry"

Edited by Acornia

As Bec came too she had tears running down her face. The vision Ekia had showed her was quite confusing and straightforward all at once. The over all look of the vision was like that of an old movie, the environment looked grainy and jumpy.

The first part of the vision was confusing at first, but after the scene unfolded, the feeling was replaced with that of happyness. If what Ekia showed her stays true, Rain and the newcomer Theon will become life long friends. The same was true for Phill if she played her cards right. The child had her confused. She had never thought pregnancy was possiable for her. Maybe something will reveal itself on the trip?

She was glad to see that Dauoa and Bec seemed to make up but was unsure who the tall grizzled man was. Could it be the man she saw earlier with Dauoa?

The end of the journey is what made her cry though. There was a friend missing in the scene where they were talking to the gods. Rain was no where to be seen and Phill was drawn up on the ground sobbing. Dread filled Bec's stomach as the vision faded and she was back in the wagon with Ekia.

Bec sniffed and wiped her eyes with the heel of her palm. Her vision was so detailed. she wondered if the others got a show like that. Another fact was nagging at Bec's mind. Something she picked up on while the connection with Ekia's mind was still open. Bec was silent before speaking,

"Does Eskia know?" she asked, knowing the old woman would know what she was referring to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skinner raised his head to look at the boy when he spoke.

"I'm sorry" he said gravely. Skinner shrugged, an action that hurt his bitten shoulder. He had forgotten he was injured.

"Don't apologize. It wasn't you that attacked me, it was the mask." He said. Skinner had just finished writing his findings in his notebook when Dauoa finally came too. there wasn't really a job for them to do now that he figured out that the fog was coming from Ekia. Being one of the original occupants of New Mesa she is protected by the Independent Mage's Clause that states that any native magic user does not have to register with the city or get permission for any environment altering magic they might preform. His father had personally signed Ekia's paperwork to allow her to practice magic without censorship from the city. Skinner hadn't even been born when that happened. He could only imagine how old the mystic actually is.

Rain stood and stretched, he had been sitting there for some time and no one had said anything or done anything. He was beginning to wonder if they had all frozen.

"Well now that terror has been diverted" he gestured to the back room, " I'm going to go find something to set up as a dummy. I will take her up on her offer to stay the night, but I’ve grown kind of lax in my training so I’m going to practice." With that rain left for outside. As he stepped out the door he noticed Ekia and Bec in the back of the wagon. The fog set out about 10 feet from them so about 15 from the side of the building.

Rain figured he would need more space than that but was unwilling to ask. Luckily he didn’t have to as the fog around him backed up and cleared making the side of the house visible from 50ish feet. Looking over he spotted Ekia watching him. Nodding her head she turned back to the discussion at hand.

Rain scrounged around and found a round piece of wood, maybe a barrel lid at one time. Placing it leaning on the side of the building he backed you to take inventory of his weapons. He needed to get back into shape if he was to go against Lucian, and if he had already see Tristan, Lucian wasn’t far away.

(((Feel free to have your characters interact with him.)))

-------

Ekia looked from rain who had come out the door back to Bec. The question had caught her off guard, for her to read back up the channel that Ekia had created to show her the vision, she would have to have a affinity for there kind of magic. It was rare but not impossible.

"No I haven’t told her yet. And I don’t think I will, she wouldn’t go with your group if she did. She would wear herself out trying to stop it but its something that cant be stopped." Ekia was quiet for a minute wondering if she should bring up the possibility of Bec using there magic.

She decides against it, one day eskia would notice and be overjoyed to teach her. Someone to help her cope with her loose.

"Do you have any questions that you would like answer before we head inside. We have a form of privacy here."

-----

Dauõa scooted to the edge of the bed, his feet right beside skinners. Reaching over again he attempted to heal the small wound on his shoulder as a apology. The edges glowed a little and closed but the bulk of the bite was still there. Two small round puncher marks for his canines.

Hanging his head the though back over what had happened, what skinner had said to him. Was he telling the truth.

"I know it doesn't feel like I'm doing you any good. Hell, I don't even know if I'm doing any good. This thing killed your village and forced you to leave the people you love. I want you to beat this thing so if you ever waver like this just know; I'll be here to make sure you don't do anything you don't want to"

"Would you, if I lost all since of who I am would you kill me. Your possibly the closest thing I have to a friend right now." Dauõa looked up meeting skinners eyes, holding them he continued. " Kill me to keep yourself safe."

"Somnum" Eskia’s voice rolled in from the curtain. Dauõa's eyes rolled back and he fell onto the bed with a soft thud.

"You know he's dying right, At this rate he may live 4 days. And that’s a maybe. What do you plan on doing when he passes, because he’s already kind of thin and sleep deprived. Starvation is a awful way to go. But as I said earlier he needs his sleep. That will help some, how long has he been having trouble sleeping." Eskia walked in and sat on the edge of the bed, this man knew mother somehow and it intrigued her.

Eskia looked at Dauõa’s prone form again. He looked rough but there was little she could do. She could revert Dauõa back to how he was before skinner had the mask but then all the power and the spirit would be back in the mask, with Dauõa wasn’t around. But that still wouldn’t help him any.

"You know, if he survives he will either see you as one of a few things. I can't tell you for sure what it will be but you could be his savor, friend, fatherly figure, older brother figure, lover." Eskia shuttered at the last one. Both where men and skinner was older than Dauõa by a lot. But she wasn’t going to through that possibility out the door. Dauõa could warp the fatherly or brotherly love he may have for him into something else.

"Just be careful, ok. I also suggest you give him some time in his other form. That will help a little. And there is a traveler's grave yard about a mile from here. Its away from the city so it’s not watched over. I suggest you get some food for him from there. Or I can send someone from out there." Eskia pointed to the other room.

Edited by Acornia

Theon listened to what Ekia was saying quietly, his face still empty of any sort of emotion. "I have already seen your future, it is a bright one." Theon felt fear seeping out of his head and hope take over in its place.. it felt good, you could see that through the smile on his face.

“A great house you once was, now no more. a close friend now lost when the truth be told. Hold fast and take up a strong will for the answer is in your heart to make your house great once more.” Theon sat on one knee before Ekia a boy, his heart filled with fear and stood up a man, strong with hope.

“Thank you.” He took one last look at Ekia before moving away.

=================================================================

Short gray withered grass was swaying left and right with the wind, Snow had been running for hours.. searching for something to hunt but there was nothing. Snow was trotting by this point, he would have to go back now as he knew Theon would start getting worried but just as he was about to turn around he heard the scream of a woman shouting for help, he froze for a second, thinking wither he should go check it out or go back to Theon and decided he would check it out. He sprinted in the direction of the screams and soon found a young woman, around the age of 22 pinned up against the wall by 2 guys, one was holding a knife in his right hand and the other wasn’t armed. The woman was wearing a white short dress which was now stained with dirt where the men had grabbed her, she had long blonde hair and green eyes. “Pretty eyes you got there sweetheart.” The guy with the knife’s tone was aggressive yet calm, he was threatening the woman with his knife, messing around with it in front of her face. “Please… let me go.. I’ll give you a-anything!” The woman was shaking with fear when Snow came out of the grass, his teeth reflecting the light as it shone onto it, and his snarl was loud, he took one step after the other slowly towards the thugs. “M-m-maybe we should go man.” The thug without a weapon was backing away slowly while the other one just watched Snow come closer. “Im not going to run from a stupid dog, you go on ahead you coward.” His tone was vicious, but damn was he stupid. Snow started gaining speed one step after the other as the man let the woman go, she ran away as fast as she could and in seconds she only left a trail of dust. The man clenched his knife as strong as he could, ready to swing the moment Snow jumped at him. “C-careful with that ego man.” Those were the words the unarmed thug said before bolting away. Snow sprinted at the man, his teeth ready to make its way into the man’s flesh. He jumped and dug his teeth into the man’s right hand before the man could even blink. The man’s screams filled the quite skies, his right hand was basically torn, blood dripping onto the ground, Snow was standing over him, his red eyes staring into the thug’s black eyes, and dug his teeth into the thug’s neck.. and in a second it was all over, the man was just a corpse with Snow howling over it.

Snow turned and started making his way back to Theon, he had been away for too long.

====================================================================

Everyone had listened to their prophecies when Rain made his way outside, it was a couple of minutes before Theon did the same things, he too had been sitting for too long.

He made his way outside, inspecting the environment, especially the fog... he thought it was pretty cool how they could control it.

Rain had already set up what looked like a dummy, it would have to do. He made his way to his horse and grabbed his sword and a whetstone, and sat ona tree stump sharpening the blade. It was a fine blade, decorated at the hilt by a white wolf with red eyes; it was half a foot longer than normal long swords tapered to thrust as well as slash. With three fullers incised into the blade to reduce weight.

Edited by Sacriel

Phill had been unsure of how to react as he had watched emotions cross over the face of the older women who was reading his future. He had been slightly worried though she had ruffled his hair which is why he had calmed enough to let her read his fortune or whatever it was she was doing. He was thinking and after a while he began holding his head unsure what was going to happen. Someone important..his thoughts imediatly went to rain, david, and bec. He had been standing in a mix of shock and sorrow but he did like the part about a new family, the fact that he had to leave people behind worried him. He walked up hearing only part of david's story and hugged him.

The hug was quick but it was a tight hug that betrayed that he was growing close to david. He let go of the hug and walked outside after rain and theon did but he walked past them. He found a tree not far away and let himself build with his anger and the need to protect those close to him. Electricity flowed through his body as he began throwing punches at the tree, planning to do so as long as possible. His punches were sending off electricity in front of him as he hit the tree.

He had seen rain setting up the practice dummy but phill had always used trees. He had been hitting the tree for a few minutes before he sat down holding his fists together as he thought about what he heard. He needed to get stronger to not lose his family for a second time. He closed his eyes focusing on just trying to relax his mind to stop thinking of what it would be like if one of the few that he could see as family dieing.

David watched as people in the cabin began to trickle back outside. Soon, it was only himself and Shane left in the small house. He rose from the floor and went to a shelf of books near the passage to the rest of the house. He was trying to act uninterested in the other man in the room, hoping he would leave. He needed some time to think about what Ekia had told them was to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skinner gently moved Dauoa's hand away from the bite wound. He knew he was trying to heal him,

"I'm fine Dauoa, Save your strength." he said. Skinner was a doctor and would deal with his own injuries later. The row of teeth marks throbbed under his shirt but it was not unbearable. He would heal himself after DAuoa was down.

"Would you, if I lost all since of who I am would you kill me. Your possibly the closest thing I have to a friend right now." he asked, looking Skinner dead in the eye with seriousness.

Skinner sighed and shook his head, "It won't come to that. I'm going to make you better" he swore.

"Somnum"

Dauoa collapsed and was guided back into the bed by Skinner's steady hands. He looked over his shoulder to see the young mystic he saw earlier outside. Skinner chuckled, "Latin eh? That's a funny conundrum. A dead language on Earth is a language of power in Nalom" He said, laughing at the concept.

"You know he's dying right, At this rate he may live 4 days. And that’s a maybe. What do you plan on doing when he passes, because he’s already kind of thin and sleep deprived. Starvation is a awful way to go. But as I said earlier he needs his sleep. That will help some, how long has he been having trouble sleeping." the woman said from the doorway.

Skinner nodded and looked back down at Dauoa.

"Yeah. I know"

Skinner had noticed his steady decline in health since he had been in his captivity. However, every time he preformed tests on his vital signs and brain activity they came up positive. It was as if he was both going through starvation and not going through it at all.

"You know, if he survives he will either see you as one of a few things. I can't tell you for sure what it will be but you could be his savor, friend, fatherly figure, older brother figure, lover." she said in her fortune teller voice he recognized from her mother. Skinner shuddered at the last one in unison with Eskia. There was a period of silence after that prophecy. Skinner just wasn't sure what to say about that prediction. He was grateful when she went on.

He had planned on letting his form loose outside New Mesa. Skinner was unsure what would happen after exposing Dauoa to the mask's signal and would not risk a containment breach within the walls of New Mesa. For all Skinner knew this species of wendigo could walk through walls.

"Just be careful, ok. I also suggest you give him some time in his other form. That will help a little. And there is a traveler's grave yard about a mile from here. Its away from the city so it’s not watched over. I suggest you get some food for him from there. Or I can send someone from out there." she offered. Skinner shook his head,

"No, that won't be necessary. I will take him to the graveyard to blow off some steam. Thank you or the direction." he said politely. He thought for a moment, "Do you know what the group out there is planning on doing?" he asked. If they were heading that way he could see how Dauoa is adjusting around other people.

(((I'll have something with Bec later. Gotta run to work)))

Almost everyone was gone, but that one David guy, the one Shane needed to leave. This mystic had to have something of value or use, maybe a few extra shotgun shells or maybe at the least a baseball bat? Most of the thuggish tools Shane had used before should be common place in this world as well, right?

Shane could always kill the man right now, his back was turned after all. But even that had it's own problems... the shotgun wasn't necessarily quiet, and if his shot somehow missed, this guy had several guns of his own to pull. If somehow he did kill, the others would rush into the noise, and that would be three more shots he'd have to use, with a chance of them missing. So, instead of trying to steal now, Shane just walked out the door, to see what everyone else was up to.

As he walked out, Shane heard talk of going to some graveyard, to blow off steam. This would be a perfect opportunity to voice his opinions, maybe find out a little more about the creatures fighting style and any magical powers they had. Who knows, maybe it would come in handy, and it wouldn't be bad for Shane to brush up on his hand-to-hand abilities, a skill he normally used on a daily basis.

"Practicing on just a still target?" Shane said loudly, trying to get everyone's attention. "You know, how about you practice on a live one?" Shane smirked, giving glances to all in the area. "You see, I want to prove something here. You need to let off steam, or practice your combat skills? Test them against me. I want to have a spar... you know it will be fun." Shane continued his strut, waiting for one brave enough to face him. Of course, it wouldn't be hard to find the courage to fight him of course, due to most of the creatures having a magical power. But it would earn some respect from the normally lawless Shane.

Rain had finished putting up the practice dummy when Theon walked around the side of the house, sword in hand. It was a beautiful blade really. Rain had seen the hilt but nothing else until now. If he knew how to use a large weapon he would have been jealous. But with his expertise laying in poison, deception, and quickness. Small blades and magic preferred as the common way with him.

“You any good. You said you where the best, care for a little one on one?” He wasn’t expecting Theon to accept but it would be a nice practice. A lot more fulfilling than using a dummy.

Not even seconds later Phill walked out of the house and to the edge of where he was hoping Theon would spar with him. He seemed agitate and possibly worried. He took his frustration out on the tree that was nearest him. Electricity sparking and burning anything it touched as he raged.

“Hey Phill, save the tree’s and come spar with us. Well me if Theon doesn’t think he can take me”.

A sly smirk played across his face as he glanced out of the corner of his eyes. Would Theon take the bait, would he fall to goading and teasing so easily. Would he rush in sword draw or stalk around looking for a opening. Would Phill join rain or side with Theon. Or would he brave them both in a test of speed and cunningness.

“So both of you feel free to engage whenever.”

Rain drew a dagger from his boot keeping a eye on both. This would be good practice and a stress relief.

"Practicing on just a still target?" It was loud, Shane's voice as he popped up.

"You know, how about you practice on a live one?" Rain didn't know if he liked that idea. He was a trained assassin and he know at least Phill had a little experience with the same thing. Theon was apparently a master swords man but he know virtually nothing of this man. If he didnt know how to fight or couldnt keep up rain could accidentally kill him.

"You see, I want to prove something here. You need to let off steam, or practice your combat skills? Test them against me. I want to have a spar... you know it will be fun." The more he talked the more rain was having second thoughts about taking him along. If his prophecy wasnt a bad omen then his attitude was.

" It may be fun but I dont know you really well. There if three off us. Take your pick and if they agree with you then you can have your spar." Rain looked him over one more time. He seemed really full of himself and confident in his ability. But he still did not wish to hurt him.

"Although I refuse to do more than a one on one until I know what your capable of."

------

"No, that won't be necessary. I will take him to the graveyard to blow off some steam. Thank you or the direction. Do you know what the group out there is planning on doing?" Skinner had asked from his place beside the bed. Eskia had ignored his comment on using Latin. It was a dead language for a reason, not that she killed them but you couldn’t have everyone running around speaking it. The language held power but it was the few with power in them that made it terrifying.

“ Honestly I don’t know where there going. But some of them if not all should be passing by there tomorrow. I think rain has plans to stay tonight and he’s the leader. If he stays, most of them will stay with him. Although I’m not sure why’s he’s in charge.” Eskia finished and left. She had no reason to continue to talk to skinner as of that point in time. Coming back out into the living room she spotted David. He was the only one left in the house and he looked like he was deep in thought.

"What's wrong, you look a little troubled.” She took a spot in her mother’s large green chair. Her feet didn’t quite touch the ground making her look even smaller than she was.

Edited by Acornia