ShadowMonster

Nalom

Rain was joined by phill as he made his way back to the wagon. Bec had still yet to show up and it looked like the rest of the party was ready to go. He and phill had gathered most of the supplies that they had needed also, so they should habe to stop once they got moving after ekia's.

"I am not sure where they got to but i hope they find us before we leave town or it wil be difficult on them. I am glad you found the medicine shop, it seems like we are as prepared as we can be other than more food and being better rested but there's not much else." Phill commented from his place behind rain.

Rain turned it over in his head as he climbed up into the drivers seat of the wagon. He had taken some medician from the healer shop and was feeling much better. So he could drive and take them on there way.

"Yes but bec has a uncanny ability to find us and turn up when ever.i have no doubt that we will see her in a week or so. David go sit in the back. Looking at you is giving me a head ache." Rain watched as david climbed over the seat before he scooted over to make room for phill beside him. The wagon moved unsteadily as david climbed back and took a spot between eskia and snow while phill climbed up beside him.

Glancing back at theon he waved to catch his attention.

He didnt know him that well but if the dog bug thing wanted to bring him and the wolf he didnt care.

"You good to leave, cause we're setting out." Rain clicked the reigns and jolted as the wagon lurched foward. A minute later eskia's head popped up between them, pointing every now and again to give directions.

Eskia had been sitting and looking at david, waiting for a answer. He either didnt hear her or ignored her and both where likely. Turning her attention back to theon she watched him grab a bottle of something.

"What is that." Curious as to what it was she shuffled closer away from snow to the edge of the wagon where he was. A light scemt of possibly fruit drifted to her nose. What ever it was it was strong and smelled good.

Her attention drifted from him though as both the kitsunes came back and settled in the drivers seat, after the red one had kicked the human out. They shuffled around to make room for them before she turned back to theon, a slight smile dusting his face.

"Does it taste that good that it has you smiling." Swaying sideways fro. The movement of the wagon she smiled as he scrampled to catch up with the wagon.

"So are you going to stick arpund after talking to mother, or are you going to leave." Truthfully she would prefer him to stay as he was the nicest and most chattiest person here.

"What is that." Eskia's question brought him back to reality, his smile slowly wearing off. "Wine, what.. you've never tried wine before?" he asked, looking a bit puzzled. Wine was a drink for lords, ladies, knights and even common soldiers alike, it was widely used in all kind of feasts and banquets. "The Imp's Delight." Theon remarked with a hint of pride, Imp's Delight was one of the more well known brands of wine. "There was a story once of a dwarf, a highborn dwarf, he was one of the smartest people to ever walk this world..Noiryt was his name, he had a drinking habit and was rarely seen without a cup of wine in his hand, when he got old, he decided to start his own wine brand, as a gift to the world."

Theon took another slow sip from his pouch, the cool liquid freshening him as it came into contact with his mouth. "Does it taste that good that it has you smiling." Theon chuckled at Eskia's question, "You could say so." he said with a faint smile.

"So are you going to stick around after talking to mother, or are you going to leave." Theon stopped for a moment, he actually didnt have an answer to it, he was craving a return to his home, well in the end it all depended on what her mother had to say. "I'm not entirely sure, I'll hear what your mother has to say and will base my decision on that, I have to see whats in it for me too, you know?"

Eskia catch the puzzled look thrown her way. It wasnt as if she had ever been put into a position to try it. Her and her mother were not exactly rich and usually only had what the could scrounge around and turn up. But theon changed his discussion as the topic of discussion changed.

"I'm not entirely sure, I'll hear what your mother has to say and will base my decision on that, I have to see whats in it for me too, you know?" Tilting her head she gve him a funny look. She was always one to take what was offered but she would still do things if there was nothing in it for her. But that was mostly to her mother.

"Well i cand tell you what you will get out off it. My sight won't let me see things as i wish. Mother may be able to tell you, but i do know that in some cases she wont tell someone something because it will change the future." Silently she contemplated from her spot next to snow, his presence warming her back.

"If by some chance there is nothing that interests you enough to go, is there something that I or one of us could give you to....... help you decide to come." She had seen him there at the crystal. He was just as important as the next person in this group, she just could tell him that.

Standing as the wagon rolled over bumpy ground she jumped down. Standing she scuttled across the ground to catch up to theon. Holding a hand out as she went she decided to change the subject again.

"So your wine, can I try it."

"If by some chance there is nothing that interests you enough to go, is there something that I or one of us could give you to....... help you decide to come." Theon never really needed money, what he needed was power, " Power over injustice." Theon's tone was a serious one, "I guess." He remarked with a lighter tone, giving away a small chuckle.

""So your wine, can I try it." Theon looked over at Eskia who was now on the ground, he took one more slow sip, and handed it over to Eskia. "Now don't drink too much, i dont know how mystic bodies behave, but if its anything similar to humans, you're gonna get dazed and your eyes will go blurry, especially since this is your first time, and then we'll get lost." Theon gave Eskia a slight nod and looked over at Snow.

Snow was getting up, he looked at theon and jumped off the wagon, looked at Theon once more and bolted off in the distance. Theon gave a quiet sigh. Snow always did that, or wolves in general.. staying in the same place doing nothing wasnt something wolves did.. he just needed to run, Theon didnt like this however, he couldn't watch over him that way.

Eskia graciously took the bottle handed to her as theon informed her of his opinion. "Now don't drink too much, i dont know how mystic bodies behave, but if its anything similar to humans, you're gonna get dazed and your eyes will go blurry, especially since this is your first time, and then we'll get lost." She was flattered that he wpuld actually cared about her well being to a certain point or maybe he just didnt want her to drink it all.

Holding the bottle to her mouth she took a small sip. It was sweet and rolled over her tongue leaving a pleasent tingling. Putting the cape back on after another sip she held on to it as snow hopped down, she hoped that with his movement theon would forget that she was holding the delicious drink.

Placing it into a fold of her clothes she watched confused as snow took off into the woods. Did he have to gobor something.

"Where's he going." She asked as she climbed back into the wagon.

Shane quickly sat up, his hand firmly grasping around his shotgun, the one familiar thing to him in the moment. These weren't the streets and alleyways of Cincinnati, this was far from it. Instead, it was a gorgeous field, filled with lush, bright-green grass that swayed magically in the gentle breeze. Shane had never been outside of a city, so the sight was strange and alien to him. Nonetheless, he wasn't one to be afraid, as he stood up, brushing himself off.

Shane began his travel through the fields, trying to find an explanation for this. It could be anything, from rival gangs to failed murder. Shane had no idea that he was in another world, far away from his home of Cincinnati. Even though Shane disliked his home, it was familiar to him, something that Shane really needed at that point.

Shane nearly jumped out of his skin when a strange creature approached him. He pointed his gun at the thing, knowing from his schooling that such a creature didn't exist. Shane would've shot it dead by now, but considering he only had about 4 shotgun shells, he didn't want to waste ammo on something seemingly harmless.

"Get out here! You wanna die?" Shane shouted at the animal, pumping his shotgun threateningly. The intimidation tricked work, as the thing ran off yelping. Shane let out a little chuckle, glad to see that even the creatures here had fear, a thing that could be used to Shane's advantage.

Shane continued his voyage, journeying through the majestic and mysterious land of Nalon. He walked with caution, taking it easy and slow through the thicker shrubbery and the taller grass. Although he spotted a few more strange beings, Shane didn't engage with them like he did the one earlier. Then, a sight dawned on Shane, that being of a town. "Maybe there I can find answers." He questioned himself, before he began to walk towards a group just outside the settlement.

Phill followed rain towards the wagon while listening to rain. He looked over at rain while sitting next to him. "Yea she is very good at finding us but just feel weong doing so." Phill felt the wagon move forward and slowly rested his head on the back of the seat. He sways his tail while his ears twitch. He listened to everyone but his eyes slowly closed before reopening and looking around.

Rain glanced over at phill noticing his drifting closed before opening again. He must have been tired or at least content to lay back as watch everyone. The wagon shifted signalling the exit of snow and eskia.

Watching as snow disappeared he gave a sigh, what was with all the new company lately. Not only theon amd snow but her to, gancing back he spotted eskia take a offered bottle from theon. Was it water, was she thirsty? If so they had water and they shouldn't be on the road long before reachinf her mothers place.

Glancing at movement up ahead and a little into a small field rain spotted someone coming toward them. He had every intention of continuing on but the man seemed set for them. Not wanting a confertation rain pulled thw wagon to a stop and handed the reigns to phill. Hopping to the ground he walked to the new comer, placing himself between the man and the wagon.

"You seem to have buisness with us, is there something I can help you with." Rain stopped a little ways away and took him in. He was rugged and dirty. He hoped that he just needed directions, he didnt think he could stand having another along for the ride. Although if it was what eskia said was ok he would go with it. Who know maybe her mother wanted him along to.

Shane stared at the man, or what he thought was a man, approach him. Then, Shane quickly noticed something off about the creature. Shane towered over the being, his shadow casting over the kitsune, as he looked at the thing in shock. The creature had a few tails, and clawed hands. He possess fox like ears, and despite the strange appearance, Shane was greeted with an even tone.

Shane had two options: He could either intimidate and threaten the creature, or he could pretend to be nice and maybe get something out of it. Robberies were normally a trade of Shane's, but since he didn't know what kind of skills this creature possessed nor if he had anything to assist him in his wagon, Shane decided to fake politeness and maybe try and get an answer for the strange things he'd been seeing all day.

"Yes, I could use your help. Where exactly am I, and how far is Cincinnati from here?" Shane asked in his deep, gruff voice. "Man this is one strange trip... last time I ever think of doing a drug again" Shane thought to himself as he awaited an answer, thinking all of this to be just one big hoax.

He seemed to be contemplating something, weather it be good or bad was up in the air. The way he talked was off though, and rain didnt like it.

"Yes, I could use your help. Where exactly am I, and how far is Cincinnati from here?" He broke the silence woth his question, immediately rain knew he wasnt from here. That explained his clothes and accent and also his current state of hygiene. How did he get mixed up in these kind of things.

Giving a pointed look but remaining polite he pointed back to the town.

"Your from earth right, well this is nalom. Since ive never heard from Cincinnati you are not from here. So that town there, it's new mesa. I cant tell you how to get back to your planet, sorry. Currently i am traveling with another earth dweller and we are going to see someone to help. If you want to wait around we will most likely be back. Unless you want to come with, heaven know because we dont have enough people." Rain turned and left the man as he walked back to the cart. He would deal with him later, unless he asked him questions. As there was no were to go in the cart he would have to answer in the hopes that any curiosity be quenched and his sanity spared.

Edited by Acornia

"Yeah, thanks." Shane replied, before watching the creature turn away and go back. On another planet? Not on Earth? Shane nearly fell to his knees in horror. But it wouldn't be that easy to make Shane quit... as he had a tendency to do bad things. He would follow the wagon in secret, scout out and see if this kitsune had any tricks up his sleeves, and if there weren't any, he would hijack said wagon and find himself a few people to fear under his leadership. It would be a vile plan indeed.

Theon noticed Eskia take the bottle for herself, he sighed and decided to not act upon it.. He didnt want more enemies as it is. "Live, learn and forget." Theon's father always reminded him with these words, they were the words of his house after all and he lived by them.

"Where's he going." Theon thought Eskia would already know that. "Nowhere, he just needs to run.. wolves dont like staying idle for too long, let alone dire wolves." He smirked and gave a light smile. The wagon came to a halt as the Kitsune went to talk to someone, seems like Rain was in charge, Theon didnt mind, he didnt want to be under the spotlight. However Theon was raised to lead, and was even often called "Little Lord.' as he would lead his house after his father's death, and would step up to lead if the need arises.

Rain walked back to the wagon at a leisurely slow pace, just giving time for the stranger to climbed in if he choose to come. Hoping into the drivers seat again he glanced back looking for his companions. All was accounted for except the wolf, but that was ok. Less strain on The horses.

When he noticed the mam still standing in the same spot he gave a short polite wave before snapping the reigns. With a jolt the wagon resumed it's slow track down the road. The journey was short but relatively peaceful. Glancing back to the newest member he held up his hand, beckoning him to come over.

"So theon right. What are you good at. If you stay with us its nice to know what you can do." Rain smiled, trying for a friendly face. He didnt think it was possible for him and his past but he felt a small kinsmen ship with him. He wasn't sure why, he just did.

"And I don't know if anyone has introduced themselves to you yet. I'm rain, this one here is phill and the grumpy human in back is david. And you have already meet eskia." A chuckle escaped him, it wasnt a pleasant happy one. More of a dark humorless laugh.

"She seems fond of you by the way, careful or you'll have a four armed girlfriend." Glancing back he didn't see eskia anywhere. Pulling the cart to a stop he glanced around for her before they landed back on theon.

"Where'd she go! She's our guide, she can't leave us." Truly looking at the landscape for the first time, and not just glances as he passed, he noticed that everything was returning back to the death and decay that it was before entering new mesa. And a thick fog had rolled in, where it was coming from he had no idea but it wasn't good.

-------

Eskia had seen as rain had hoped down amd talked to another human then come back. Truthfully she paid it no mind, as she was only sent out for this people. Which she didn't even have all of them. Still she kepted a eye on him as they left.

Rain called out to theon, and she watched as he left to talk to him. She supposed it was ok, she couldn't hog all of his time. Glancing over at david he was half asleep in the wagon as was phill, virtually therewas no one to talk to.

So though the plants turned dead and any water looked black and smelled fowl. They were getting close to her mother's house. She would have to point out directions shortly but not quite yet.

Movement out in a dead feild caught her attention. Rain and theon must not have noticed as neither one made a move or acknowledged it. Glancing back to it she turned and made her way over. It was the human from before, the one rain had talked to.it was odd that he was following them amd didnt take a ride.

"Hey, who are you and why are you following us." If she left him to trail behind there was a great possibility that he would get lost in the fog. She had set up the runes for that very reason. It made her place hard to find.

"If you continue to follow us from this distance you will get lost. Come and ill lead you back. But if you hurt them I wont hesitate to hurt you." Eskia waited till he was moving before following side by side with him.

Phill had listened to rain talking to the other man. He held the reigns for rain until he got back in handing them to him. He gave a small smile as he watched rain talk to theon asking what he could do. Phill smiled politely as he was introduced "nice to meet you." He gave a small yawn as he was still tired his tail laying in his lap. He gave himself a small bite of the one granola bar. "Anyone else want a bite or their own i only have two more."

Shortly after The others reached the wagon. A new, tall woman with black hair climbed into the wagon next to David. She had lost sight of Rain and Phill in the market and decided to backtrack to the cart to wait. She figured it would be easier than having them track her down again. She looked at David, who continued to ignore her, as the cart lurched towards the edge of New Mesa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skinner and Dauoa were back in his basement. He was working quickly to finish up the repairs on their bodies. They had barely made it back. He resorted to carrying Dauoa when his consciousness began to fade. They had survived the gator fae but only barely. Dauoa insisted that he could not understand what he was saying. Skinner guessed that was because his last formula preformed reset his language center of his brain. To him it was english but to others it was something else. He was washing his hands where the cookoo clock doorbell upstairs rang out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David was dozing when the cart suddenly lurched to a halt. he sat up and looked around. Eskia was scampering across the decaying field towards a figure. Skinner's hand went to his left blunderbuss on his hip. This man had a gun, he could see that from his place in the cart. That threw up some red flags. As far as he knew, David was the first person in Nalom to design a firearm and he hadn't seen anything like it since he got here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skinner was greeted by a rather large man standing at his door. Skinner looked him ups and down, trying to place where he has seen this person before. The man had his arms crossed and was glaring at the skinny man. After several seconds of no one saying anything, Skinner broke the silence,

"Uh....what?"

The man cleared his throat and produced a envelope from his pocket,

"You still got that damn murderer locked up"

Skinner nodded and the man scoffed,

"Should give em to us, we know how to take care of his"

"There wouldn't be anyone to put on trial if I handed him over to you" Skinner mumbled, reading over the letter.

" Well, anyway. You have been confirmed to begin treatment BUT, we have another job for you."

Skinner raised his eyebrow and the pacifier continued,

"You field is working great but there has been reports of heavy fog and strange occurrences just outside the city walls."

"Which side"

"North"

"So you want me to head that way and see what I can do?" Skinner asked,

The man rolled his eyes and sighed, "I don't want you too but the chief seems to trust you for some reason" he said, shaking his head.

"So you want me to check it out?"

"What does the letter say, smart guy?" and with that, he turned and excused himself from Skinner's presents.

Skinner tapped the folded letter against his palm and blew out a puff of air. What was he going to do about Dauoa?

Edited by padfoot

After seeing plants begin to rot and wilt extremely fast, Shane was put on edge. A large, thick fog rolling in didn't ease him up any. He heard a noise, and immediately his shotgun was aimed, a new creature entering his view. Shane looked at the new creature, one he hadn't spotted before. This one looked even less humanoid then the first, the four arms unsettling Shane. That along with the fog gave him the impression that this was a dangerous monster, but when the mystic spoke in a calm tone, Shane eased up a bit.

"Well, I was actually just interested in this new land, and decided to explore a bit of it myself." Shane lied, lowering his shotgun. "You know, that sounds like a wonderful idea. I promise, I won't hurt a hair on their head." Shane added on, answering the strange creature's response. He was surprised at the compassion the beings held to him, a complete outsider. It was the one thing he'd never received, and it felt odd. Nonetheless, years of living sinful still weighed Shane down, and even he knew he'd never be good again.

"Well, I was actually just interested in this new land, and decided to explore a bit of it myself. You know, that sounds like a wonderful idea. I promise, I won't hurt a hair on their head." Shacking her head she lead him back in the direction of the wagon. Once twice raising her hands and mumbling under her breath. Each time the fog lift and clean, making visibility improve.

"For some reason I doubt that, but I'll leave that to be discovered I have yet to see it. What is your name." Making back to the wagon dodged a upset rain and wanted her hand in the air again causing the fog to disperse and create a clear path for them.

Walking beside wagon see kepted the new comer in her line of sight. It wouldn't for him to run off. Given she hadn't seen him in a vision yet, but he was a human from earth. That alone has to make him pretty important.

Matching pace the wagon set she pointed down random tails and such. Weaving and out of what appeared to be the main road. It seemed like aimless wandering but she knew where she was going and it showed. Shortly a small house can't into view with a small chimney with smoke rising from it.

-----

Rain stopped eskia coming back from were ever she had disappeared to. Relief flooded him along with anger, did she know how stupid it was to leave. And to make it worst another person trailing behind her. It was the man from earlier. Feeling a sigh escape rain choose a few coarse words before just following her directions.

One thing bothered him though, how did she see him through this fog. It was thick, specially before she muttered something and it cleared a little. Was she controlling it. Was that appear of her magic.

"Anyone else want a bite or their own i only have two more."

Rain glanced a phill week was happily munching on a bar of food.

"No I'm good." Turning he glanced to the back spotting a new figure. One he must have skipped earlier.

"We're have you been, we looked every were for you."exasperation evident in his tone and gesture as he through his hands in the air.

"You know nevermind, I'm going crazy. Already I'm acting wierd and i must have imagined you gone." Rain turned around and continued on, only relaxing when a small house came into view.

------

Dauõa blinked tired eyes open. He couldnt remember how he had gotten back to skinners as he was laying in the attic room he had stayed in the first night. Glancing around skinner wasn't there and the door was closed. Standing a twing of pain shot up his leg and through his shoulder.

Limping he made his way to the door amd tried the handle. It wouldn't budge, was it locked. Even after all that he still didnt trust him enough to let him wander around. And maybe it was a good thing as he was hungry. The pangs he felt running through his stomach calling out for blood and fresh food. The healing was taking a lot out of him and he didnt was to attack skinner from hunger. But man could he smell him, he most have tended to him, his scent was all over the room. It was almost enough to make him drool from its smell.

This was bad. How was he going to keep skinner from coming in or just keep him away. Maybe the neckles had a reverse effect on skinner. Like where dauoa could feel skinner, maybe skinner could feel him and his hunger. If he could hopefully he would stay away until it passes.

Edited by Acornia

Phill had offered, taking another bite as it didn't seem that anyone wanted to take him up on his offer. When he noticed what had to be bec in the back he gave a long sigh. "We were looking for you, i got slapped quite a few times trying to spot your pendant. I thought you were gone again but luckily you are here." He gave a big smile, his eyes still semi closed.

Feeling the wagon stop he watched as the other two got on and observed that maybe she was controlling the mist but he had no proof. Phill gave a small whistle as he saw a house just starting to come in view. He patted rain gently on the head "if you are going crazy then so am i, i thought bec was gone too. Plus i have emotions that i try never to feel out of fear.

"Shane." Shane responded, keeping his last name a secret. Few knew his last name, and sometimes those that figured it out, where disposed of by Shane himself. His last name was a constant reminder of his poor ways of being raised, and now those same ways had turned him into what he was today... a ruthless killer.

The fog began to part to Shane's surprise, when he realized the strange creature leading him was the one behind it. This definitely wasn't a trip. This was real. Then the wagon came into view, which relaxed Shane a bit. His gambit could still be pulled off, until he realized that there were more passengers than he had expected.

Even if he somehow would hit all 4 shots off on the others, there would still be a few to rush him. Shane thought he could take them in melee combat, as most of the creatures were considerably smaller than him. Though after seeing the controlling of the fog, Shane began to wonder if these creatures would be easily stopped by a mere shotgun blast. He was still lost in thought, and would probably need to be called upon to snap back to reality.

"So theon right. What are you good at. If you stay with us its nice to know what you can do." Theon looked over at rain and gave a faint smile too. "Listen Rain, I don't want to seem like censorkip.gif*bag but I barley know any of you, and I'm not gonna give away all my cards just yet.. Just know that I'm really good with my weapons I guess." Theon's tone was a relaxed and chill one, he didn't want to sound too aggressive.

"And I don't know if anyone has introduced themselves to you yet. I'm rain, this one here is phill and the grumpy human in back is david. And you have already meet eskia." Theon chuckled at Rain's remark. "Yeah I've met Eskia, nice to meet you phil.. I'd say the same to David but it seems he doesn't wanna talk." Another chuckle escaped him, "I trust you met snow? My direwolf? He's mostly tame." He smirked, it was a warning.. sort of.

"She seems fond of you by the way, careful or you'll have a four armed girlfriend." Theon was actually puzzled at this point. "Oh please, I don't want none of that." He hoped it didn't sound too cruel, but he really didn't. He glanced at Rain frightening over Eskia's disappearance. "Don't worry she'll be back.."

David nodded but did not speak to the newcomers. Eskia was just grabbing whoever off the street and adding them to their preexisting group. For someone they just met, they sure were being loose with trusting random people. Especially Rain, David glanced back at the kitsune driving. It was strange that he was allowing so many people near without too many questions. Very unlike Rain. David turned his attention to the newest person to emerge from the fog. Eskia was insisting that he was important.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bec leaned towards the front of the cart, resting her elbows on the seat and squeezing between Phil and Rain. She wanted to see Eskia control the fog. It retreated from their path like some bizarre plant life. a short time later, a cottage began to fade into view. This was the place? She didn't seem to fond of visitors.

"We were looking for you, I got slapped quite a few times trying to spot your pendant. I thought you were gone again but luckily you are here." Phill said

Bec laughed, "Don't worry. In a situation like this you can count that I'm somewhere close by" She said with a laugh, "I'm not going to wander off again. It caused too many problems last time" she muttered the last part with annoyance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skinner unlocked the attic door and it swung inward. He was dressed for work. A long leather duster, heavy boots, his hockey stick slung across his back and a look of intent in his eyes. He looked Dauoa over and frowned. The boy was looking worse for wear. This was the second time in two days he's been injured severely. This time he didn't seem to be healing quite as fast. Something was telling Skinner that his treatment was not working and he was still suffering from the mask's hunger.

"Get dressed, we have a job"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David didn't like the way this Shane character looked. It was the same look people got right before they rob a gas station. This guy was sizing them up! David cleared his throat to get his attention, " Hey. Relax, friend." He said gently from his place on the back of the cart, "We don't want any trouble from you." David was confident, smug even, that Rain, Phill and himself could keep this guy from knocking them off for their wheels. Shane was dressed differently from himself and the rest of the party but still in a way that was familiar. He appeared to be wearing clothing from earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skinner lead Dauoa through the streets of New Mesa. Luckily Dauoa only killed in his monster form. Otherwise, the people passing them by would recognize him and cause all sorts of problems.

Skinner had already explained that a pacifier showed up at his door and gave him the order to investigate a fog curse on the outside of town. They were currently heading north and the gates that lead out were visible. Skinner had a hunch he knew what was spooking everyone.

Eskia lead the wagon right up to the front of the house, stopping to address the group.

"This is my house, I know it looks shabby but i dont want to hear it. I work with what I wave without bending the makeup of any materials around here." She tailed off as she watched a mouse scamper across the ground near her feet.

"Mom is inside, treat her with respect as she is older than most of you. Also what information she had to tell you is important so listen." Her mind and head drifted back to address the small group of people in front of her.

They were here, finally after what seemed like forever. Turning to the door she pushed it open and went to the back of the group. Everyone could file in before her as she still had to close the fog.

Watching as the group walked in the last being david eskia turned back to tend to the fog, closing it and shrouding the place made it safer for them from prying eyes.

"Fluat" Eskia waved her hand through the air. A pale orange lighting he fingers as the fog thickened once again. Closing of the outside world and boxing them in. Facing the house again she wandered through the front door passing everyone as she went.

Pulling aside a large drown curtian she walked into what appeared to be a bedroom.

"Mom I brought them like you wanted. What would you like me to tell them."

"Have them take a seat and ill be out in a few minutes."

Hugging her mother eskia left through the curtian again and looked at the face's around her. Each held there own personality and destiny. Damnation or salvation was theres to choose as she had seen many times before.

"Feel free to take a seat and she will be out in a little bit, in the mean time does anyone want tea or food." She asked before going to a small kitchen that was connected to the livingroom.

------

Rain hoped down from the wagon and waited. For what he didnt quiet know, this had been there destination for a little while and now that he was here he wasnt sure what he wanted. Did he want to know what was causing the chaos of this world or remain ignorant. They say ignorance is bliss.

Being the last inside he took a over his shoulder. A shiver ran the lenght of his spine as the fog closed in, bending to eskia's will. Stepping through the door sje was out of sight so rain took a seat on the floor next to a chair. Theon hapened to be closer to him and there discussion had been interrupted by their arrival.

" You know, I dont see how you can reveal all your cards when the only thing I know is your name." He whispered to him. He didnt know why but being loud just felt ......wrong.

"Besides its not like Ill eat you or anything."

A few minutes passed before eskia came through and dissapeared through a curtain in the back only to reappear a few seconds later.

"Feel free to take a seat and she will be out in a little bit, in the mean time does anyone want tea or food." She asked before leaving through another opening. He could still see her through a hole in the wall, she was in a small kitchen.

He wasnt particularly hungry but it wouldnt hurt to eat. He would snack on what ever she brought out.

-------

Dauõa grimaced as the door swang open. This was the last thing he needed was skinner showing up when he was in this state. His hunger was eatting at him from the inside out and when skinner stepped into the room his smell just made it worst.

Backing away slightly he put what distance he could between himself and skinner.

"Get dressed, we have a job"

Dauoa turned away looking for his cloths, anything to distract him from the smell of the person behind him. Slipping on some clean pants and a shirt he turned and followed skinner at a short distance. But when they stepped out into the street dauõa could only remain silent and pray that the edge of town came quick enough.

With the amount of people he felt as it he would tackle one and ripe off a arm to eat. He heard skinner talking and explaining his job but dauoa was busy looking at the people around him, his eyes growing feral the longer they went.

"Grrrrrrrr" Dauõa hadnt ment to make any noise and he sighed in relief as the town evil came into view. Glancing at skinner he grinded his teeth together. Now if only he could refrain from attackimg skinner, even in this weaker form.

Edited by Acornia

The wagon came to a halt and everyone started getting off, Theon was still mounted.. watching as everyone started trickling into the house, almost observing them one by one. He finally saw Eskia restoring the fog, he felt a little bit safer that way.. you never know who.. or what is watching.He dismounted his horse and gestured it to stay, he took his dagger and sheathed it in the small scabbard on his waist, he wasn't planning on doing anything with it but he wasnt about to walk in defenseless, He went into the house inspecting the old walls as he walked. "Feel free to take a seat and she will be out in a little bit, in the mean time does anyone want tea or food." Theon smirked at Eskia's offer, he just wanted his wine back.. but decided not to mention it, it just wasnt the time.

" You know, I dont see how you can reveal all your cards when the only thing I know is your name." Rain was right, Theon was being too cautious.. he knew that.. but ever since they got close to the house he was on edge. "Yeah, better safe than sorry y'know.." he took a deep breath. "Alright, I'm a sellsword.. probably one of the best out there and im not boasting, its what ive been doing all of my life and i dont think ill be stopping." he thought he must have sounded too arrogant but thats not what he was going for. "What about you, Rain?"

Rain turned ,taking in theon in suprise. He hadnt actually expected him to answer, with how reserved he had been so far he was expecting to be blown off. But with a thoughtful look from theon, as if contemplating what to tell him it gave rain a purpose. A reason to keep talking to him. Was he expecting him to tell his lifes story, no. But he was hoping for something to get them more comfortable around each other.

"Yeah, better safe than sorry y'know.." theon stopped taking a breath as if to prepare himself. "Alright, I'm a sellsword.. probably one of the best out there and im not boasting, its what ive been doing all of my life and i dont think ill be stopping." Rain stared for a minute, he didnt figure theon the kind to boast or exaggerate information. But without going against him he wouldnt know, but from what rain had seen there choice of weapons were totally different. If a fight ever did come down rain would just barbeque him anyway.

"What about you, Rain?" The question caught him off guard as his mind danced over the possible outcomes of fighting him. It would be interesting to spare with him one day but that would have to wait.

"Not much to tell. I dont remember past when I was taken in, so my real family is lost. But my master said he fou d he as a orphan and raised me. He taught me what I know and then we went our separate ways." Rain didnt mind telling him this little bit about himself, he did however think it not a good idea to tell him everything.

Given he felt like his master was after him, attacking those close to him. He didnt want to became attached like he had with phill and the rest. They would just become something used to hurt him.

"Now I travel with this unfortunate group of people." He sighed and leaned back onto the chair he was proped against. A part of him wished to stay but the other part was calling for answers to what they had been searching for.

Phill had chuckled when bec had talked to him. He nodded in relief when they said that they would stay close to the group from now on. They pulled up in front of the small house and phill jumped out making sure to stretch his legs and wrap up the remaining small amount of his food and walk in. He overheard rain talking and decided just to listen more.

When told to take a seat phill found a somewhat comfortable looking chair and sat in it. He heard the offer and shrugged "i am sure some of us could use a snack if you don't mind?" Phill was sitting somewhat by himself just listening to the other conversations. Phill was not really in a major social mood and with the new people he was too on edge to sleep though his body still was pretty exhausted from all that had happened. Seeing howveveryone was waiting patiently he began tapping a rythm on his legs.