ShadowMonster

Nalom

~~~~~~~~~~~~Bec

Bec had hoisted Rain's unconscious but stabilized body on her back and carried him piggyback the whole way the nymph's camp.

“Feel free to stay as long as you like, this is a protect place so you don't have to worry about being attached. But on the same note this is a sacred place so treat it with the care and respect it deserves.” The woman said when they arrived. Bec gave a short bow to the water elemental, "Thank you so much for saving us" she said, gently laying Rain on the forest floor, "I don't know how to repay you"

The woman was gone though, vanished into a shallow pool of water without so much as a ripple. Bec sat next to Rain's sleeping form, her eyes forward on the man that saved Rain's life. He was busy collecting supplies for a fire. The fascinating thing was one man was gathering tender, another was trying to get a spark going, and another was blowing into the fire to heat the small embers being created by flint against steel. It didn't take long before they had a small campfire to chase away the shadows and chill.

“B….e…..c”

Bec looked over to see Rain sitting up on his own and looking around. He was ok! Bec wrapped her arms around his neck for a quick hug, "Rain! Your alive!" she cried, pulling away and looking at him. One of the colorful men offered a water bladder to the revived kitsune. She motioned to the three old men sitting by the fire, "That man saved you..." she thought for a moment, "I'm sorry. I never got your name"

Ishmaels laughed in unison,

"Call me Ishmael" he said with a wrinkled smile. Bec wasn't sure but it looked like the man had aged ten years in the past few minutes. Bec turned her attention back to Rain, the memory of the sinking buring in her gut rushing back. What had he done to her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Skinner

Skinner was reading a few pages of past notes about art restoration. The area was silent spare the crackle of the fire and the soft song of the wind through the ruins. That peace short lived as a primal roar echoed from the trees to the west. Skinner scanned the treeline and snapped his book shut. Was that Daoua? Skinner was unsure. he rose to his feet and sudden;y felt very strange. He was lightheaded and the vision in his left eye was begining to fade. He rubbed it with the heel of his palm, getting a flash of shapes he could not quite make out. His stomach sudden;y felt like a pit had opened. He was starving. He was only half aware of the locket bouncing gently on his chest.

Without warning, the locket jerked forward and remained at a ninety degree angle for half a second before dropping back to his chest. What the hell?he thought. The necklace jerked forward again, this time with enough force to throw Skinner off balance. Skinner started walking in the direction it was pulling him. The hunger and blindness had passed, leaving him with a strange empty feeling

It wasn't long before he found Daoua. He was crouched on the edge of a small pool of water. Skinner noticed the strange aquatic fae in the shrinking puddle. Skinner drew closer and stopped next to Daoua, the locket momentarily forgotten. "Daoua. What did you do?" he asked, assuming he didn't find her this way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~David

David kept his face chipper and unsuspecting as the leader called him out on his bluff. David did not waver. That was his story and he was sticking by it weather this man believed it our not.

“HA! you know of us and wish to join. I think you lie. Your friend here doesn't look like he wants to join in anything. And your women over there isn't good for anything then maybe a ugly bed warmer for a blind man.” The group of men laughed like the lackeys they were. David just smiled back at the man trying to intimidate him.

“Hahaha, I like you. You have spunk, I would be glad to have you. And you can even keep your hideous wrench.” The man chuckled as David shook his hand. He would have sighed in relief if that wouldn't have blown his cover.

"Thank you much, sir." He said, "Oh, and I wouldn't mock her. She can liquefy your brain" he said with a smile. He didn't know if that was a lie but the magic in the world seemed pretty versatile from what he has seen so he wouldn't doubt it.

“Your friend on the other hand I don't like. If you wish to bring him it will take some convincing. Otherwise will kill him here, as there is no reason to bring another crazy egotistical censorkip.gif*** with us. There's enough of them as is.”

David frowned and looked back at the man brandishing a knife. He looked back at the leader with concern. He took slung his arm over the man's shoulder and lead him away from his two friends. This action caused a response from the surrounding men but no one moved to stop him.

"Look, I know he's a dick and it's not really my place to ask for favors but he was kicked in the head by a horse as a child. He isn't really all there" he lied. David may not like Shane but getting himself locked up complicated their exit strategy. Even if he didn't have one yet. He was just trying to keep everyone alive right now and lying his ass off seemed like the best option.

Edited by padfoot

Phill had followed daoua and was careful to stay as silent as he could. Seeing what dauoa was approaching he started coming out and looking over the river spirit. The kitsune walked closer to the large river spirit and tilted his head. Phill avoided the spines as he got closer cautiously. "Hello, is there a way to help you back into the water? We had come out here to try and find food but we didn't expect to find someone like yourself." He looked over her trying to see if there was a way to grab and move her back to the water. Thinking though he was not sure if she was stuck or if she was just out of the water of her own free will and they are interupting her. "If you want to go back in the water that is, if we are intruding on something we can leave but it seems like you may need help. Daoua is not a mindless beast, he was made this way but he can still think, he is still who he is the only difference is that he needs to eat to survive, we are traveling with someone who is trying to help fix that."

Skinner soon was walking up after daoua let out that aweful noise that caused his ears to ring. He looked over at skinner when he asked dauoa what he had done. "We came out here to hunt, he wanted to chase something since he missed it and braught me with him. We found her like this, i think she may be a river spirit but she is out of the water and i am not sure i can get her back in the water alone considering i may be strong but she has a lot of sharp spots on her. I think he wants to help but wanted either your permission or help to do so."

Edited by voltage

----rain----

Rain jumped slightly when Bec touched him, he could feel the familiarity of his magic in her now. It was going to be a life long presence in her now, one she couldn't get rid of.

Rain glanced to the man, men, that Bec had turned to address. He had saved him? But why?

Still though he owed him his life. And that brought the count up to two people that he owed a great debt to, three if you count Bec.

“Thank you, both of you.” He took the water skin and held it to his lips letting the cool water wash down his throat. When he was done he handed it back and turned to the fire. Sitting cross legged he glanced at Bec.

Had she noticed, she must have. He could feel it churning under her skin and boiling in her core. It was odd as the power was once his, and so it was still connected to him. He could feel it but not use it.

He held out a finger, waiting for a flicker of flame. But none came, and reality came crashing down. This was real, he really did it. He was no better than a human now, one with training, but one no less.

“Bec? Do you feel any different.” He wasn't sure why he was asking, he know she should. But…. He turned his attention to look at the fire in front of him. A empty and devoid look on his face.

“So what now?” He wasn't talking to anyone in general, it was directed more towards him. But a answer from anyone would be helpful as he felt incomplete and …..Lost.

-----Dauoa-----

He watched as she visible cringed away from him, his scream hurting her ears. The sound of steps told him that another had joined him. Glancing to his right Phill popped up, like always he was the first to be helpful. He dauõa was thinking on eating her still.

Given he had called for help, but the thought did cross his mind a could of times. And the curse didn't help any.

More steps and Skinner had shown up. He was asking what he had done, did he not trust him. That was kinda harsh. After all, if he wanted to kill her he would have already.

“He cannot touch me, he is corrupted. And for a being like me, it would mean the death of many things.” The white head of hair turned until shinny green eyes landed on phill.

“Child do you not know what I am. I am not just a river spirit, I am the goddess of a lake and the surrounding bodies of water. A minor deity to the two true Gods who preside over this world.” Her gaze flowed back to Skinner and the wendigo.

“And your friend was much like me before he became a beast. That is likely the only reason he maintains any control. A lesser being would have been consumed long ago. But even so, I would still like help if you don't mind.”

Dauõa glanced to Skinner and back to phill. What she said was true.

“She is right, I can not touch her. If you two would her I'll be on my way. I'll come back later, after I've gotten something to eat.” With that he wandered off. He didn't go far, just out of visual range. There he sat and watched them work on getting her back into the water.

Phill shrugged as she began talking to him telling him that she was a goddess and not a river spirit. He shrugged it off as he really didn't care if she was a goddess or river spirit, she needed help so he would try to do so. "Alright i may be able to get you back in there but one thing is making me unsure, you have a lot of spikes are there any in the ground because i may be able to lift you and drag your tail but if spiles are on it going in the ground i don't want to risk breaking them."

Bec recoiled her hand when Rain flinched. She felt it too, it was a kind of spark that resonated through their bodies. It was a strange sensation, one that she had never experienced before. She remembered what Rain had done before he passed out from blood lose.

“I'm sorry, this may be a little painful. But I don't need them where I'm going to be going.” Rain's last words rushed back to him. She looked down at her chest where Rain has sent some kind of burning. What had he done to her in her last moments?

“Thank you, both of you.” Rain said. Bec gave him a sad smile. If she was stronger, this wouldn't have happened.

"No need to thank me. I would just be another traveler passing by if your little hummingbird friend wasn't there to lead me to you" Ishmael said from across the fire. He was sitting next to his two clones, and one was checking the small puncture wound in his shoulder.

Bec looked down at her feet and drew her knees to her chest,

“Bec? Do you feel any different.” Rain asked and Bec looked up at him. Bec searched her being for something that felt different. There was something different about her. Without warning, Bec's hands began to heat to the point that they burst into flames. Bec cried out in surprise and shook her hands wildly to extinguish the blaze. Her hands were not going out and she was scared she was going to lose her hands to the inferno.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Skinner

Skinner narrowed his eyes and slung his hockey stick from his back. He planted the handle into the ground and whacked Phill in the back of the head with the flat end, "Show some respect, boy." he said, stepping forward to the pool and taking a knee. It had been quite sometime since he as seen a deity. Which was strange because in Nalom, everything seemed to have a god resigning over it. This one was a lot nicer than the last one he met. That one tried to harvest him for organs and burn his town down. Good times.

Skinner extended his hand and sank in below the clear water she was surviving in. No protective properties, no defenses. She must have washed in and was trapped when the river dried up. Skinner rose to his feet and wiped his hand on the outside of his jacket. He clapped his hands together, "No, we aren't going to drag her. What the hell is wrong with you?" he snapped at Phill when he recounted his brilliant plan. He turned his attention back to the river goddess and smiled, "I'll get you back, don't worry." He said calmly.

Skinner took up his staff and rolled it between his hands as if he was trying to start a fire. He had his eyes closed and was muttering something under his breath. After a few seconds, he opened his eyes and stuck the end of his hockey stick into the pool of water. He swirled in in a circle, throwing small eddies around the pool. After he was satisfied that the pool was stirred, he turned around and wedged his shoulder under his staff. With a groan, Skinner lifted a solid form of liquid water from the pool. The water constituted into a rough sphere, the goddess safely contained inside. The weight was rough on Skinner, he wasn't as young as he used to be after all. Skinner huffed out a word in his custom Latin and the sphere seemed to float on the end of his staff on it's own. Skinner glanced over his shoulder at the Goddess on his back, "Alright your godly-ness, where's home?" he asked.

Edited by padfoot

The leader looked between david and Shane, not sure if he believed him. If he was lying it would be dangerous to have him around. Because that would put him in his right mind and saying stuff like that. If not that, then a potential crazy man running around would be just as bad. He would be unpredictable.

But the prospect sent a deep shiver of delight down his spin. The challenge would be welcomed and entertaining. But if he got to out of hand he would have to put him down, a loose cannon could spell disaster for his operations.

“Fine, …. He can come to.” The leader turned back to the group with a flourish of his hand to the group.

“I am know as Alduin, and this is my band or dark brothers. I welcome you to our ranks. To place you in a set position though. Demonstrate your powers to me. If you are strong enough you will have the privilege of raiding with us. And while you're at it, tell me your names” Alduin backed up and motioned to one of his men. The selected man hopped down from his horse and came to stand in from off David and eskia.

---eskia

Eskia watched the interaction from a safe distance. It wasn't that she was afraid of them attaching, more that she was afraid for their safety. After the ugly bed warmer and hideous wrench comment she was ready to drowned them all under a mile of dirt.

Stepping forward her eyes meet with the leader, Alduin, a spark with the intent to maim clear. Sh wouldn't let them off if they wished to disrespect her. She kept in mind thought that all actions had consequences so she couldn't bury them underground.

“So the women wishes to prove herself.” He smiled cockily back to his buddies, laughter running through the group.

“I will speak for my companions and I. I am Eskia, daughter of Ekia and the last of the race of mystics. The one you have been speaking to is David, a human from earth and under my protection. The last is Shane, his is a cocky and hotheaded man. He is a follower to the group. And none will fight unless they wish to.” She was growing annoyed with the whole situation but turned to David and Shane anyway. If they did not wish to fight then she would fight in their place. Although she suspected that it wouldn't be a issue.

“So David what do you wish to do?” She asked coming closer.

----rain

Rain nodded his head at Ishmael in thanks. Either way he had saved him and it was with Bec's concern for him that had sent her out in the first place.

A short scream from bec and her exploding hand had rain jumping up and stumbling next to her. Laying a steadying hand on her shoulder he leaned forward and took her hand. It was at that moment that the kiss from earlier came back.

And rain froze.

He didn't know what to do, he was with Phill but she had laid her lips on him. Was it just a spur of the moment or did she try to get a quick shot in before he died.

It didn't seem like something she would do. But he still didn't know her that well. Was it possible she had held feelings for him.

No?

Rain turned back to the problem at hand and snaked his hand down her arm to firmly take a hold of her hand. Cupping it in his he closed his larger hand around hers, making a fist of the two.

“Bec calm down, it's ok.” Bec's breathing was elevating so rain leaned into her back. Looking inside for her new found powers. It didn't take long, they were like a inferno burning brightly in her. Tugging it he tried to pull them in.

He waited….and waited.

Nothing happened.

He had NO control over them.

Frustrated he shuffled around to sit in front of Bec. Careful not to catch anything on fire. His and her clothes wouldn't burn, but everything else would.

“BEC, stop and take a deep breath.

Good….

Now look inside you to what you felt earlier. Find it and imagine pulling it back. Back into the well it belongs in.”

Edited by Acornia

This was it. Shane was at his breaking point. He'd been attacked, threatened, insulted, and now, forced to join a gang he had no interest in. Yet here was this man, asking for him to prove himself, to see if he was WORTHY to join his gang. Did he just doubt Shane's abilities, ones that shouldn't ever be tested. Oh he was in for a real surprise.

"Oh show my worth you say?" Shane said, kicking up some dirt. "You don't think I'm strong enough?" In a flash, Shane jumped to the closest man, ripping him from his steed, and throwing him to the ground. Men began to move towards him to save their comrade, but Shane pressed his knife to the man's neck. The others knew if they got close, their fellow would be killed. "Huh, good enough?" Shane asked, drawing a little blood as he began to press his knife a little harder.

The water deity was hefted up with a slab of water into the air. It appeared that the human had magic to help, although the kitsune had been trying to help to. It wasn't for a lack of trying, he just didn't seem to know what to do. Her spikes weren't that bad.

Swimming around in the water that was there, parts of her that had dried or started to soaked up the water and filled out. It was still the same amount of water as before but it was contained in a smaller area.

“Thank you, to both. Kitsune I know you wished to help so I shall remember you. And you human, thank you again. “ She glanced back the way that dauõa had done, she could feel him close. Was he sticking around because of this two. He seemed to know them and obviously he wasn't a mindless beast.

“You may want to call your friend before we leave. It may be a long walk and i would hate for him to get separated. He also….intrigues me. Do one of you possibly have control over him. “ She glanced back at Skinner. She assumed that it would have been this man who had it as the other didn't seem very... Authoritative.

No sooner had she said something then he came stalking out to fall into place behind the man holding her in the sphere.

“Tell me, what's your name?”

----

Dauõa came out of the tree line as Skinner hefted the mermaid up on his shoulder, the stick doing all the work. He glanced at her before looking back to Skinner. Was he happy that dauõa had called instead of eating her. He didn't want to feel like a dog, but a word of appraisal would have been nice.

“I’m Dauõa. You?”

He took a few steps towards Skinner. Reaching out he touched the locket and flipped it closed leading to the transformation back into his other self. He fell back again looking at his hand, it had touched skinner and a odd little shock ran up his arm.

“I am kortona.” She got silent as if thinking, her hand on her temples. “ Dauõa, aren't you Lunos and Remas child, of the crystalious forest.”

His eyes widened as he shook his head in conformation. How did she know? He had left that forest so long ago.

“Oh human, if you follow the drying river for about 3 miles it will lead into a large river. That is were I will leave you.”

She appeared to to done talking to dauoa because she had turned back around to face Skinner and phill. After a few minutes he toned her out and his eyes settled on Skinners back as he walked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~David

David smiled at Alduin, "Nice to finally meet you, Alduin" David said after Alduin introduced himself. David would have sighed in relief if he didn't know it would give them away. It seemed that David's quick thinking and silver tongue saved them.

David stepped back when Eskia gave their introductions. Seemed that the next step was to head to their camp and prove themselves. Eskia stepped back to David,

“So David what do you wish to do?” she asked.

David beamed back at the woman, "Why we ride with this band to riches and glory!" he said enthusiastically.

"Lets ride this out and bolt the first chance we get. These guys seem nice enough" he said, quieter this time so only the mystic could hear.

The whole plan came crashing down when Shane flew off the handle (once again) and attacked the closest man. He was screaming something about proving himself and holding a knife to a man's throat. David paled and glanced back at Eskia, "Ok....scratch that" he muttered, taking a step away. The others were moving to Shane, swords drawn and hands glowing with ranged magic. It dawned on David that there was no way to save Shane. The man had sabotaged everything he so carefully set up and frankly, Shane could piss off.

"Eskia. You have any ideas? We need a exit strategy. Now"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Bec

Bec stopped flailing when Rain took hold of her shoulder.

“Bec calm down, it's ok.” he said firmly, taking her hand in his. She couldn't help it. Her hands were on fire! What did Rain do to her?

“BEC, stop and take a deep breath.

Good….

Now look inside you to what you felt earlier. Find it and imagine pulling it back. Back into the well it belongs in.”

What was he talking about? Oh! Now that Rain explained it, Bec could feel it. A dull burning in her gut that seemed to stretch through her veins and into her hands. Bec took a deep, shaky breath to calm herself. Gradually, the roar of the flames that covered her hands began to diminish. Bec worked against the power welling up inside her until she got it contained back into the well in her gut. Her hands flickered out and all was silent.

Bec was still breathing hard but the burning in her system was gone. It was under control again. for now. Bec wiped her brow and huffed, "What...what did you do to me back there, Rain?" she asked after she was calmed down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Skinner[/i]

“Thank you, to both. Kitsune I know you wished to help so I shall remember you. And you human, thank you again. “ the river goddess said from behind him. It was strange, although she was completely submerged, her voice was as clear as if she was walking beside him.

Skinner waved his hand loosely in the air, "Don't mention it. Goddess or not, I wasn't going to let to shrivel up and die out here" he said. Ten years ago, Skinner probably would have captured the goddess and sold her to the highest bidder. Skinner was glad to say that part of him was in the past. He took his Hippocratic oath a little more seriously in his old age.

As they walked along the dry riverbed, the goddess asked their names, "I'm Skinner. I'm a scientist in New Mesa".

About that time is when Daoua decided to show himself again. This time, he drew up close in front of Skinner, making the man stop walking. The wiendigo reached out and closed the locket around Skinner's neck. He looked down in surprise and when he looked up again, Daoua was Daoua.

"Oh...uh, sorry. I forget I control that." he admitted sheepishly, "Good call on calling me over, would have been a shame to eat a goddess". Skinner was still unsure how daoua was even able to call him the way he did. Or what that strange feeling was. He would just have to remember to bring it up later during an examination. The locket was as new to Skinner as it was to Daoua. He guessed Skinner did have some control over the boy, even if it was just his transformations.

“I am kortona.” the fish woman said from behind him. Skinner tried to remember if he had heard that name anywhere. The fog of alcohol and age made his search fruitless for he couldn't not remember anything about her. "Nice to meet you, Kortona".

They walked in silence. Kortona said that it was three miles away so they would be walking for a while. Skinner decided to maybe use this situation to their advantage, "I assume you were trapped upstream when the Plague swept through the area. Do you happen to know whats causing this?" he asked. She would have better insight to Nalom that Skinner could ever hope for.

Edited by padfoot

Phill was a little unsure of why he thought he could help but at least he offered. If not for skinner and his magic though phill would have been unsure how to help considering he had nothing to lift her and the water. "My name is phill, a pleasure to meet you." Phill was walking beside skinner and had tried to swat him a few times to get him back for swatting him, missing both times and realizing dauoa was there and he didnt want to see if his electricity could save him he stopped trying. He kept his head down and played with his necklace while they walked.

When he started to see slightly more greenery he kept an eye out. Soon he was off picking velarian root and a few other flowers that he was familiar with. Soon he had a couple of three types of flowers, one of them when mashed and made into a salve could help clean and disinfect wounds. The second was to help with burnes if made into a salve though at the moment he didn't have the tools he could use them to bargain if need be, lastly was the velarian root which could help calm down someone who ate it as well as make them tired so it could help possibly if one of them gets enraged or very anxious it could help calm them. He jogged back into place the medicinal herbs in his backpack having made sure not to take more than they would need.

-----Rain-----

"What...what did you do to me back there, Rain?" Bec's voice quieted as the fire receded and faded. He could tell that she was getting gas handle on her emotions the longer he talked to her. The edge in it though let him know she still didn't like what was happening.

“I ….gave you my power. Over fire.” Rain glanced up at her face. She was a little pale but another emotion was popping up. Maybe anger, he had just literally shoved a hot pipper in her. So he couldnt really blame her.

“Look, I though I was going to die and i didn't want you defensless.” His hands raised into the air as he backed up and sat cross-legged on the ground.

“Don't give me that look. I did what I though was right and I'll be here to help with teaching you how to use it.” A sigh escaped him as he though over the order he wanted to tell her the info. It would do her no good if he held back.

“ So first thing you need to know, no I can not take them back. Once given away they won't accept the original host. Although not many of us give our powers up, so...That could be false. Second, unfortunately as I grow so will they and you will have to learn to control whatever new extension has been given.” Looking to the side he gazed at Ishmael as he wrung his hands in his lap.

“So um… yea. Any question. Cause if not I think we will rest here tonight.”

----Eskia-----

Eskia watched Shane's display. What was she going to do with him, could he not tell bluffing when he sees it. For someone with a wicked heart he wasn't exactly smart and now the leaders attention was back on David and eskia as his men rushed in to help.

For a second it looked as if they may have cared about the man that Shane held but that wasn't the case as a mounted mage blasted a spot close to him with a fireball. His mark was Shane, wind had caused him to miss.

“For trying to prove yourself you're not doing a very good job. You friend here looks to be trying to kill me men, if my own men don't kill themselves.” Alduin draw a sword that was at his waist and started making his way to David and Eskia. A few of his men followed with him, each with their own wicked looking blade.

“ No matter, I still have plenty. And i think I have changed my mind. If I have to take him to I would rather just kill you. It's a thrill you know. I wouldn't have minded either but he was so quiet and then suddenly….you know.” He waved his weapon in Shane's general direction, who was now fighting of any raiders who got to close.

Eskia looked at the ground and back to David. She had finished her rune name spell. Now just to lay it down without throwing David and Shane. The magic wouldn't effect the caster but the same couldn't be said for those two. David however was close that she could grab, shane was out of reach. He would have to catch up later.

She reached over and wrapped her top arm around David's waist pulling him in while her other hand reached down and touched the ground. Green and brown scrolling like writing spread out from the tip of her finger where it was touching the ground.

“terram meam vocem meam. vos autem montes plana est terra quam volo, ut ego dico. sternuntur TERRIS”

Rumbling, low and heavy filled the air and time seemed to spot as everyone looked around to see what was happening. She smiled when she caught the surprised look on both alduin’s and David's face. Small cracks raced out and up the hill, spreading to the surrounding area.

Loose pebbles and dirt bounced and leaves fell from the surrounding trees. Like a band had been snapped the ground under everyone gave way, eskia and david gently drifting with the ground. Everyone else, if they where luck was just knocked around. A few unfortunate souls were buried under the soil as the ground leveled.

Eskia with her firm hold on David took off away from the group of bandits as fast as she could. Glancing back she didn't see about half of the raider and she didn't spot Shane right away. She hoped that she hadn't buried him under a ¼ mile of dirt.

“Think he will be ok, hmmmm, hope so.” She asked as she ran. She didn't stop and glanced behind her every so often, no one had given chase yet and they were already almost outside of her ½ radias.

She only stopped long enough to pull out a seed from her clothing. Releasing David she gave him a few second to right himself before she deposited the seed into the ground.

“et incrementum in annos veteres.” Eskia backed up grabbing David's hand as she went. In the spot the seed was is sprouted and grew rapidly.

A twing

And small bramble

A 5 foot tree

10 feet

20, 50, 80

The tree grow massive, smaller plants around it grow as the magic leached into the surrounding area. Grabbing a branch she hefted David up and sat as it continued to grow. The top opening to reveal a hollow inside. Sliding in she hunkered next to a bark wall.

“Sorry about that, both. We saved ourselves but in the process a whole swamp or something died.” She waved him off to catch her breath.

“This is why I don't use this magic much. Why! Ahhhh I'm so mad.” opting to brew in silence she stared angrily at David. He wasn't the cause for their problems but it made her feel better.

-----Dauoa-----

-----Dauoa-----

Dauõa walked beside Phill, he was half tempted to be spiteful and tell skin er that it would be the first time. In the few minutes that they had been walking his attitude had turned into one of irritation. He had been good and Skinner had given him a small compliment but for some reason he didn't like kortona talking to anyone.

Was it because she know who he was, which he has chosen not to answer. Or maybe it was because she was calling Skinners attention. It wouldn't change anything, he was still getting hungry which was inevitable.

"I assume you were trapped upstream when the Plague swept through the area. Do you happen to know what's causing this?" Skinner spoke up drawing dauõa out of his thoughts, and Phill came up and rejoined him at his side.

“Well yes actually, it was some mages and a large crystal. From the talk of things they were just foot soldiers but they should know somethings. They are about 5 days journey upstream from one of my rivers. I was coming this way to check on some old friends when I was caught in the shallow puddle.” For the most part she ignored him and phill.

With no one else to talk to he turned to phill.

“Should we go back or stay here. He seems to be able to handle it by himself, and it may not be a good idea to leave our stuff unattended.”

Edited by Acornia

Buried. It was an unfitting end to Shane, but one anyways. Or so it would seem. The vile, villainous man wasn't finished yet. Breaking free of the dirt, Shane rose like a zombie, brandishing his knife. Anger swept through him, as he saw one of the raiders rush at him. Although said man was armored with a blade much larger than Shane's own, Shane slashed the man's throat before he got close enough for a strike. Pushing the choking victim down, he noticed his former allies retreating, conjuring a tree.

Traitors. It wasn't like Shane wasn't going to eventually betray them, but being double-crossed just completed Shane's descent into pure evil. He might have been redeemable before, but now, that was too long gone. Picking up the sword of his victim, Shane began looking, finding his way to a steed. It was a mere horse, and although he'd never ridden a creature, Shane hopped right on, before kicking the beast in the rear. It began to sprint away, though not in the direction Shane wanted. Speeding uncontrollably away, Shane was taken opposite of his former allies, as their figures grew further away. He would get his revenge and riches... or die trying.

Phill had gathered all of the medicinal plants he thought they may need and got back in time to hear skinner talking about the river and being answered. He was relativly quiet unsure of most things and still on edge now looking for some sort of ambush or camp. He was playing with his necklace when Dauoa looked over at hoim and asked if he wanted to go back to be by the camp or not. Phill slapped a hand to his face before responding. "Going back seems like a good idea we need to make sure that our stuff isn't stolen and i wouldn't mind looking in the buildings some." His tails swayed behind him as he slowed down and turned around ready to go back to the camp.

Bec's eyes widened as he told her exactly what he had done. He had stripped himself of his kitsune powers over fire and forced it into her. She didn't ask for this. What was she? Mad? Hurt? Scared? A little of it all flashed across her face as Rain continued to speak.

“Don't give me that look. I did what I though was right and I'll be here to help with teaching you how to use it.” he said, as if she was the one bothering him. Her face softened and she gave a weak smile. She understood that Rain just wanted her to be ok if he was to die. She didn't ask for this though. She has always accepted the consequences in life and can always find a way to wiggle free. Rain felt the need to protect her just like she felt like she needed to protect him. What they both needed was to actually talk.

Almost as if Rain could read her mind, his next statement told her she could not pass his power back where it belonged. She signed and hung her head, "Guess I don't have a choice, do I?" she asked, already knowing the answer. She just nodded, 'Yeah, we should stay here, all of you are injured now" she said, looking at the clones of Ishmael across the fire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~David

David's stomach flipped as the hill they were standing on suddenly lurched and flattened. Eskia and Davvid were unaffected but the rest were not so lucky. A majority of the men around them were simply gone, to where David did not know. Others were partially submerged in turned earth. David didn't stay to gawk long, they were sprinting across the flat plain as fast as they could in the other direction.

David began to slow as Eskia conjured a massive tree from nothing more than a glowing seed. He was jolted back to reality when Eskia grabbed him around the biceps with two of her four arms and started to climb the steady growing tree. David regained his grounding and began to climb after Eskia.

David pulled himself into the hollow section of the trunk Eskia vanished into ahead of him. He flopped down heavily beside Eskia, panting hard and patting himself down for his water.

"Are...You ok?" he asked between breaths, "What...the hell was...that?" he asked. That was astonishing to say the least. He finally found his water bladder and uncorked the stopper. After he was done drinking, he offered it to Eskia. It felt like they finally stopped growing. How tall had their hiding spot gotten anyway?

“This is why I don't use this magic much. Why! Ahhhh I'm so mad.” Eskia huffed, glaring at David.

David raised his hands to show innocence, "Hey! Don't look at me, I had things under control before that chucklehead decided to flip his censorkip.gif"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Skinner

Skinner thought for a moment about what Kortona said. Foot solders? Maybe he wasn't dealing with a normal cult. He figured it had to be a group of humans that stumbled across the wrong ritual. From what the river goddess told him, these people seemed more organized than he thought.

Skinner stopped walking when Both Daoua and Phill wanted to turn back and go back to camp. Skinner shrugged, 'sure, suit yourself" he said, "I'll see you guys when I get back". Skinner turned back around and when their separate ways.

Edited by padfoot

~~~Dauoa~~~

Was he really just going to let him leave, was he really ok with that? Skinner was strong, he could take care of himself should the need arise. But still being that far apart set dauõa on edge.

But if he was ok with it dauõa wouldn't stick around. Besides he had all but been glued to his side for the past 4 days. Skinner was probably getting sick of dauõa by now. Maybe time apart would be good for him.

“Ok, see you later.” Turning he started the trek back to the wagon,following Phill absent mindedly. A few minutes of silence passed before Dauõa looked over at Phill.

“Hey, what are you going to do when this is over. I plan to go back to the forest if Skinner breaks the curse.” He changed the subject my moving on to lighter topics. And a end game for him was something he hadn't really thought about.

“Although if I go, I think I would want Skinner to come with me. But I don't think he would want to, he may decide to go back to New Mesa.”

~~~Rain~~~

“No you don't. If I had known that someone was going to come and save us, I wouldn't have handed them over. But it shouldn't be hard to learn to control it “

Looking to the fire rain laid down but kept his eyes open. He was available to talk if they wished, but if not he would drift off to sleep. He was tired from the events and a actual sleep was needed.

“If you have anymore questions let me know now, otherwise I'm going to sleep. We will resume our travels tomorrow.” He stopped for a moment forgetting about Ishmael. Was he going to be traveling with them or be on his way in the morning.

“Ishmael? Are you going to be traveling with us or are you going to be taking your leave in the morning.” He didn't mind if he traveled with them, he was nice enough and he did save him. Having someone like him travel with them would be good but what was he doing out this way in the first place?. If he was going to a town that was in the direction they were heading he would be more than happy to accompany him.

~~~Eskai~~~

Eskia's heated gaze still bored into David. She didn't like what had happened and even if she didn't like shane she still didn't like leaving him there. But at least now it was a fair fight, the number of raiders having been cut in half.

“To answer you question that was my magic. A spell to flatten lands. But for every action that is taken a repercussion of equal value is given.” She took a deep breath to steady herself. Her breathing having evened out.

“Other than that, this tree will protect us from the raiders but is large enough that Shane should be able to see us and make his way here. That is if he wasn't buried under 6 feet of dirt.” leaning back she rested her head on the wall.

“Other than that this is a good place to rest for the night.”

Edited by Acornia

Phill was glad to be walking back towards canp knowing that he may be able to get food and relax. He heard dauoa following behind him and gave a small nod at his last comment. "Yea skinner may not want to come with you but on the other hand he is full of surprises so he may very well insist on it. As for what i want when everything is over i'm not sure, i want to be with rain and visit all of my friends that i am making, i want to be happy, maybe eventually have a home."

His ears twitched as he could hear the sounds of some small animal running around in the forested area. His soft dark golden eyes were scanning the area while he hummed quietly to himself. He walked cautiously after hearing bandits were around. "So what did you find in the building you went to explore, anything good?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Skinner

Skinner and the Goddess continued on, following the dry riverbed towards her home. The landscape was beginning to liven up with every passing mile. It wasn't long before Skinner could smell mud and see the shimmering surface of the river. Skinner smiled and looked over his shoulder at Kortona, "Looks like you'll be home soon" he said with an upbeat inflection.

They were almost there when three men slid down the dry bank and stopped in a line in their path. Skinner frowned. They were wearing dark robes and brandishing weapons. Skinner stopped a safe distance away, "Hello travelers. You...seem to be blocking our path." he called, sure that was what they were trying to accomplish.

The man in the middle laughed, causing the other two to join in, "Oh, old man, We know. We can't let you put the goddess back in her river." the man called back, stepping forward threateningly.

Skinner took a unconscious step back and tightened his grip on his staff. He couldn't put her down without losing all the water she was contained in and fighting with two hundred gallons of water, not to mention a deity, could be dangerous.

He had to decide quick because it was at that moment that the bandits rushed forward with weapons drawn.

Skinner drew his wooden spoon, which brought a laugh and pause from the group, "Uh oh guys, the geezer is going to whack our knuckles." Thee man chuckled as they began to spread out to surround him. Skinner looked at Kortona apologetically, "Sorry about this, ma'am" he warned.

Skinner swung his staff around his neck and the bubble of water arced around like a massive hammer. He brought it down on one man's neck, trapping him up to his shoulders in water. He knew the man would drown, maybe he could also see what Kortona's spikes could do.

With on man struggling to bring his head to the surface, Skinner aimed his spoon at the right-most bandit. He was drawing closer with a curved sword in his hand. " Fuzoh he shouted. Exotic matter sparked from his spoon until a purple arc of lightning lanced out and struck the man in the chest, a thunderclap sounded from the contact. The man was flung into the underbrush, trailing smoke till he landed. Skinner hefted the bubble back onto his shoulder, the action lifting the trapped bandit off the ground. He leveled his gaze on the last man. His eyes were darting left to right, trying to decide it this was worth the bosses wrath. Skinner flicked his wrist "sepcrum de luto" he said almost nonchalantly. Mud crawled up the man's legs and solidified all the way to his neck. Skinner stepped forward and looked down at the frightened man. He smiled and thumped him on the forehead with his wooden spoon, "Don't go no where, I'm going to return this deity to her home"

with that, Skinner stepped around the man and walked the rest of the way to the water's edge. As he passed, he shook the unconscious man loose in front of the man trapped in mud.

At the water's edge, Skinner gently lowered the bubble of water into the sluggish current and released her. He watched as she swirled in the deep water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Bec

Bec looked down at her hands, "Sure. Easy" she said to herself. She had trouble controlling her own abilities. How would she learn those thrust upon her?

Rain seemed to be winding down for bed and Bec couldn't blame him. They all had long days and needed to rest.

The Ishmael in the center smiled at Rain's question, "I'm actually heading out east of New Mesa to visit family a few towns over. I guess if it's on your way we could stick around"

, the colorful man said, motioning to his clones. He would keep them around until his wounds close. Otherwise Ishmael could die from the combined injuries.

Bec swivled around on her butt and lay back, using Rain's thigh as a pillow. Things would be better in the morning, as long as she didn't burn the forest down in the mean time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~David

David poked his head out of the hollow and looked down. The ground was obscured by a thick canopy of leaves. Skinner couldn't remember if they had always been there, the climb was quick so he didn't have time to take in the scenery. They were incredibly high up and David could see the raider camp digging their comrades from the leveled hillside. Shane was no where to be seen. That didn't mean much to David. He didn't want to underestimate a man of that caliber of instability.

David retreated back into the safety of their hole. He sat back against the far wall facing the opening. Eskia was right, they could pick up the pieces and leave in the morning.

Edited by padfoot

~~~dauoa~~~

He was walking back with Phill. If it was advice that he had wanted or just his honest opinion on what he thought Skinner would do, he was out of luck. Phill had split it down the middle and it made him antsy. He didn't like the thought that Skinner would leave with the necklace if he wasn't cured by then.

"So what did you find in the building you went to explore, anything good?" Phill prompted a change in subject. It was good. Nothing would come of him worrying over it, he would have to ask later.

"Nothing much. There was this weird orb that I think Skinner wants to take with us. I also want to but I don't know how to move it. If you touch it you will find out why we want it. You'll also find out why we can't move it." He took a couple more steps when a pull tugged at his soul. It was gentle but firm, there but not there. It was an odd sensation.

A picture of Skinner flashed through his mind and his blood ran cold. Was he in some kind d of trouble and that was why he was seeing him. Turning back he stumbled his way through the woods. He was so much slower in this form. If Skinner really needed his help he would never make it in time.

10 minute later and he broke through the tree line to a small bank that lead to a river. The slug like water swirled and cleared as white spikes rippled under the surface. Skinner stood along the back, a man trapped in mud behind him and another unconscious on the ground.

"Skinner, you ok. What happened." He made his way to him standing by his side. His first concern was not the clearing water or the men behind him. His eyes traveled over Skinner checking for injuries.

~~~rain~~~ (ready for a time skip)~~~

Rain felt Bec move and a weight settle on his thigh. Uneasy weld in him but he left her where she was. She had put up with enough for today and there was no reason to make her suffer more.

Rain looped his arms behind his head and settled back getting comfortable. Closing his eyes he mumbled​ out a quick thanks to Ishmael before drifting to sleep, to tired to stay away any longer.

~~~eskia~~~(ready for a time skip)~~~

Glancing at david once she turned to lay on her side facing a curved wall. She could hear him as he shuffled to the hole and back, and as long as he didn't fall out she didn't care what he did. She had faith in him that he wouldn't do anything stupid to her or to the position they were in.

Phill was unsure of what dauoa meant by he would figure out why they couldn't move it simply by touching it. Was it maybe something that paralyzed those who touched it? He turned to ask dauoa only to have seen him run off again. He continued back to camp and soon he was there and after making sure everything was in proper shape he sat down. He ran his fingers along the necklace he wore. His eyes scanned the area before he stood back up a minute later too curious. His tails flicked as he walked into the building, not long after he saw the orb and stepped slightly closer. Reaching for it he quickly pulled back as he was not sure what it did and if it ended up paralyzing him he would have to wait for one of the others. He was pacing back and forth watching the orb trying to decide what to do, thinking of putting a shirt over it to cushion it then pulling it with all his weight but he didnt want to have the slightest chance of cracking or breaking it.

Phill was not going to risk it so instead he went back to his sleeping area. He lay down stretched out and looked up at the sky, enjoying the peacefulness arround him though slightly sad at the lack of noises.

Edited by voltage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Skinner

Skinner looked back in surprise when he hear Daoua's voice. He rose to his feet and dusted the mud from his knees. He looked at the wiendigo with a puzzled expression, "Thought you were heading back to camp with Phill?" he said. Maybe he heard him wrong. Skinner shrugged and looked towards the bandit still trapped in the middle of the river bed, "Some goons jumped me but it's alright. Still got it, even with only one hand"

Skinner stepped away from the river's edge and stepped in front of the scared man trapped in solid mud. It was a good thing the man stopped struggling. Right now it was just a thin layer of mud. Skinner hoped that the man gave up before the mud weakened. Skinner checked the pulse of the man he almost drwon. He was still breathing so there was that. He rose and squared up the the leader standing before him.

"You want to tell me what you were doing?"

The man's eyes darted around before settling on Skinner's, "we...we were just trying to make a quick buck"

Skinner tsk'ed and shook his head, "So you were just hanging around till someone with a goddess walked by?"

The man looked very uncomfortable and Skinner smiled, "There it is. The truth will set you free" Skinner released the mud prison, "now. Spill it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~David

David woke when sunlight turned his eyelids pink. He cracked his eye and shielded it from the glare of the rising sun. It was morning and their tree had not been cut down. David groaned and sat up, his back protesting from sleeping on such a hard surface.

Crawling to the opening in the trunk, David poked his head over and peered towards the ground. At first, he didn't like what he saw. Barely visible through the trees, he could make out movement below. David sat back. This was bad. Just as he thought, they found a safe place to spend the night but it drew the attention of the raiders. David drew his gun and started to step out of the safety of their hole. He paused when his foot touched the first branch. He looked back at Eskia and holstered his weapon, "Hey. We got company" he reported, "Follow my lead. Without Shane, We might be able to get out of this for a second time".

As David reached the bottom of the tree he stopped a dozen feet off the ground on a lower branch. Everyone was on their feet and pointing their weapons up at David. The man raised his hands to show innocence, "Hey hey hey. It's alright. I come in peace" he said, scanning the crowd, "Where's Alduin?

(((Bec to come)))

Edited by padfoot

Shane was a good distance away from his former allies, their tree a mere line on the horizon. He'd been chased by a few raiders through the night, and unable to control the horse he'd stolen, Shane had a rough time. Although he killed his three pursuers, he'd received a few wounds himself, and the horse he had been mounted on was also dead. The rising sun woke Shane, and reminded him of the scene last night. There were several corpses surrounding the plain, four horses and three raiders. Shane sat about ten feet from the carcasses, resting against a lone tree.

"You were something else." Shane said, kicking the robed corpse of a raider aside. "Hurling your fancy little flames like some magic trick. Couldn't stop a steel blade." Shane glanced at his stolen sword. He still was surprised he'd killed three men with such an unfamiliar weapon. "Gotta save ammo." He thought to himself, patting his shotgun. He'd come close to using it.

The new land had been psychological and physically tormenting for Shane. He had not eaten in days, and that hunger was too much to resist now. Looking down at another raider's dead body, Shane's stomach began to grumble. He had killed the man with a slashed abdomen, but that wouldn't hamper his next act, as he got down on all fours and took a huge bit out of the corpse's arm. Nalom had driven Shane to cannibalism.

~~~Dauoa~~~

Dauõa watched as Skinner questioned the man, the other on the ground not making a sound. the fear he had felt was unfounded so why was he here. Skinner didn't need him, he had proven that already.

But his mood improved as he looked to the prisoners. When Skinner released on he hoped he ran, it would give him the hunt he had been craving and feed him. Stalking closer he gave a sniff of the man before him.

“When your done, can I have him. I've been itching for a hunt for the last couple of days. And corpses are fine and all, but nothing beats a warm body.”

Looking back to skinner he didn't miss the disapproving look he was missing. Slinking off a little ways he sat down and watched Skinner continue with whatever he was going to do with the man.

All in all Skinner looked fine. So his mind drifted back to why he was here. If Skinner was ok and he could handle himself, what was the point for the necklace to call him here. Was it worried for his safety, or worried about something else.

~~~eskia~~~

"Hey. We got company.Follow my lead. Without Shane, We might be able to get out of this for a second time".

Eskia rolled over and sat up, her hair was sticking up and she clothes was wrinkled. She did not feel like meeting the raiders again.

“After bearing their friends six feet under I don't think they want anything to do with us, at not friendly. But hey, I love your misguided assumptions.” Following david out of the tree she fell down behind him. Landing hard on her back.

"Hey hey hey. It's alright. I come in peace, Where's Alduin?” David was attempting to find the leader while eskia pulled her flattened self painfully up of the ground. Some laughter near her had her fingers glowing again, that caused the laughing to stop almost immediately.

“I'm right here. We came to hunt you down for what you did yesterday, it was amazing. Your friends not with you is he.” Alduin stepped out from somewhere in the back of the group.

Edited by Acornia

Phill was unsure of how to react to the orb that was behind the vines but he could only guess that it was important. He moved the vines out of the way and let a hand touch it curiously as if going to wipe dust off of it. As soon as his hand touched the smooth surface of the orb his hand tensed as if it was taking control of his muscles. The wierd sensation slowly moved through his entire body before he was thrown across the room smacking against the wall with a loud thud. "****, what was that? So your electric possibly maybe i can stop you then."

Coating his hands in electricity the determined kitsune stood and walked towards the orb again. His tails swayed behind him slowly as he thought through all his options. He was not positive that this would work but he had hope that it would. Phill quickly grabbed the orb again and he felt his body resisting the tensing that had happened before but now it made him see splotches of colors before once again sending him against the wall. Standing up sore phill stretched as he paced in front of the orb that was giving him so much trouble. "What are you, why are you here and so difficult to grab?" Phill muttered to himself as he tried to figure out a way to grab the orb. He had no clue what this artifact was or what it actually did but he wanted it and he was going to try his hardest to get it. Phill was sure his back would probably be bruised by the end of it but that was nothing new to him.

Unsure of what else he could do he grabbed some vines after letting the electricity off of him. Wrapping them around his hands he carefully touched the orb again, this time it seemed like nothing happened for a few seconds then he felt a warmth in his chest right before the familiar pain in his back. Getting frustrated he stood up and paced in front of the orb, having no clue what it was but knowing that after being slammed so much he will have it before he leaves. Phill walked out of the old building and to his bag. He opened his bag and pulled out an old shirt taking some cloth from it, ripping strips off and wrapping his hands in multiple strips. He walked back into the building and approached the orb. He lay a hand on the orb and could feel heat going through the cloth as he rubbed the surface getting rid of the dust as well so that he could see it better. It was starting to climb up his arm so he quickly switched hands fascinated that he could touch it this long. "Are you finally growing used to me then, i am not sure what you are and don't worry i will not sell you i may let someone with magic let me know what you are though." At the end of his sentence the heat soared and he was thrown once again this time smacking his head hard against the wall.

Growling phill stood up and walked to the orb and took the wrappings off his right hand. He put his hand on it focusing all his will power on the orb to command it, make it accept him. He felt as if this artifact was testing him so he would prove that he would make a good candidate for it. If it was meant to kill he would have been dead the first try or if lucky the second but he has survived multiple times. He could feel once again his muscles begining to tense up on him but he continued to fight through it and just as he felt he may be thrown back he pulled his hand away switching hands, stalling out the throw back. He picked up the orb slowly growling as he struggled to lift it. Once it was in his hand he felt the orb stop effecting him as much now only effecting his legs which caused him to growl louder. His entire lower body was paralyzed and he stood holding the orb basically it's new stand for now. He was unsure of why this thing was so persistant but he knew he would not give up. He groaned as he looked at the orb unsure what it does. "What do you do? I just want to know and i won't hurt you whatever you are. I do not want to be a stand for you though i want to be able to move."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Bec

At some point during the night, Bec rolled away from Rain and curled up on her side by the smoldering campfire. The sweet calls of birds and the heat of the risen sun caused her to stir and awaken. She sat up and looked around with bleary eyes. Oh yeah, they were still in the forest that the tourchbug monster attacked them the night before. Rain was still asleep. Ishmael was a single man again, colorful powder covered the ground around him. At some point the man had deconstructed his clones once he was sure the wound wouldn't kill him. The man was snacking on something crunchy and bite sized from a small drawstring pouch.

Bec whirled around when the sounds of approaching hooves came echoing from the surrounding trees. Her eyes settled on Ishmael riding with two horses in tow.

"Oh! You're awake. I had one of me ride bak to New Mesa to grab you some transportation. I figured it would be better than walking." Ishmael still in the camp said as the other drew closer, "It'll cut our travel time down as well" The man across from her offered her his bag of food. She took it and pulled out a handful of dried fruit, "Ghank you so much. I don't know how to repay you for saving us"

Ishmael waved his hand to dismiss her,"It'll cut our travel time down as well" he said with a wrinkled smile. Was he getting older? Bec was unsure but the man's youth seemed to be less than when she met him. Maybe he had a short and limited life cycle? Bec hoped not. She wouldn't forgive herself if she caused someone else discomfort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~David

David tried to reach out and snag Eskia as she fell. The act throwing him off balance and sending him tumbling down after her. He sat up and wheezed from the wind being knocked from his lungs, bringing another round of laughter from the surrounding group. There goes their high ground David guessed. None of the bandits moved forward to attack or restrain. That was a good sign. David caught his breath and sat up when Alduin stepped forward

“I'm right here. We came to hunt you down for what you did yesterday, it was amazing. Your friends not with you is he.” the man said calmly. Why wouldn't he be calm. The had David and Eskia right where he wanted them.

David improvised quickly, "I thought you guys had him" he replied with a puzzled expression. David thought more carefully about his next words, using the time it took to stand to think. He brushed himself off and looked back at Alduin, "I told you he wasn't all there. I regret now defending him" That much was true. He really did regret defending Shane. David was bending over backwards to make sure they all made it through the confrontation in one piece. Shane had been too stupid, too stubborn, or both to realize what David was doing. As far as David was concerned, Shane was an enemy. Now the raiders knew what they were capable of so now they were cautious. David was unsure if this was a good thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Skinner

The man stood there with Skinner's spoon to his throat and spilled their entire mission. The three men were members of the Church of the Broken God and were sent here to find and kill Kortona for their cults mission. When Skinner asked what the mission was, the man did not know. The hierarchy of the cult meant that only a select few knew the end game for their mission. That was frustrating and Skinner showed it by ripping open his shirt. He uncapped a marker and started to draw on the scared man's chest. He placed his hand over the rune circle and whispered a few words. After he was done, the man looked at him with wide eyes, "Now. I want you to go back to your little cult and tell them that you were successful in killing the goddess. Now If you don't do what I ask, that little tattoo will convert your organs into sawdust.

“When your done, can I have him. I've been itching for a hunt for the last couple of days. And corpses are fine and all, but nothing beats a warm body.” DAoua said from behind him. Skinner glanced his way and back at the man.

"no" he said simply, "We need him alive". Skinner smiled and pat the man on the face twice, "now grab the men I haven't killed and get the hell out of here. If I see you again you won't be so lucky". Skinner remained where he was as the man retrieved his counterparts and vanished back into the woods. Skinner watched where they left until the crunch of their footsteps diminished until they were inaudible. Skinner sighed and started to walk back to camp. As they walked, Skinner spoke up, " So what brought you back?" he asked the stag by his side.

Edited by padfoot

~~~rain~~~

Rain rolled over at the sound of voice, one a slightly higher pitch than the other. It was a tad bit annoying as he was trying to drift back to sleep to have it grating on his consciousness.

Turning back to the way he was before, opening his eyes against the harsh sun he spotted Bec talking to Ishmael. Another Ishmael was riding into the clearing. Sitting up he stretched, working out the kinks in his sore muscles.

"Thank you so much. I don't know how to repay you for saving us" Bec was saying as she took a bag of something to Ishmael. Where he had gotten the bag of apparent food was beyond him. But it made sense that he would have food and water.

"It'll cut our travel time down as well", getting a closer look at the man he looked older than he was last night. But after a night like what they had anyone would look like they had aged.

“Well again, thank you. You don't have to help us but your doing it anyway. Same with last night, you have gone more than any reasonable man would do.” Standing he walked over to Bec and ishmael, taking a seat beside them he rubbed his eyes. Sleep was still hanging on by a threat and it was making it hard for him to concentrate.

“So what now” for once he was at a lose of what to do. They would obviously be continuing their journey but would they head to the nearest town first. It would probably be a good idea, go and gather some good medical supplies. Although nothing was likely to save them if one of them got punched through the chest again.

~~~eskia~~~

Eskia sat on the ground looking at the people around her. David was trying to butter up Alduin again, stopping him from attacking? She had a strong notion that Alduin had no intention of harming them though. The look on his face when he had spotted the two was maybe one of wonder, and caution.

Glancing around she did notice that he was missing some men, probably still buried under the ground back from there fight. It may have been part of the reason he came back. Even if he wasn't happy with what had happened, he needed the people and if he liked the power David and eskia had, then she wouldn't be surprised if they ended up going with them.

"I told you he wasn't all there. I regret now defending him" David had a slightly regretful look on his face, playing off the slightly innocent act. And from what she could tell it was working.

“Yes, went I asked you guys to prove yourselves, it was more towards you two. I didn't think he would go that far.” Alduin approached the two cautiously, fear peeking through the strong facade he had set on his face.

“I think your friend here has more that proven your two's worth. I would like for you to be raiders with the main raiding party. I think your strength will be a great addition.” Eskia glanced at David for conformation on the plan, she didn't see why they wouldn't go as this was what they were aiming for in the first place.

“I'm good to travel with you bunch of hideous raiders. This ugly bed warmer is good for more than just the blind man.” Standing she brushed herself off and tugged on David's sleeve. A look saying not to say anything more than he had to. The last thing she needed was them to know she wouldn't perform that magic again unless necessary. And it would only be it David's life was in danger or her own.

~~~dauoa~~~

Grumbling a bit at the refusal to let him eat the man Dauõa stalked away back to the woods. Occasionally he would kick at a stone while Skinner dealt with the man held fast by the mud. He had hoped that with his good behavior and with Skinner having apparently becoming more lenient that he would be ok with it.

But it happened that Skinner had more plans with the guy as he did something to his chest. Walking closer he hoped to hear what Skinner was saying to the man but he had finished up as Dauõa came within hearing range.

Then Skinner just let him go. He released the hold that the mud had and told him to leave. Why, why he wanted to eat the man. But he vanished into the woods seconds later with his friends.

Turning dejectedly back to camp he fell into step behind Skinner. " So what brought you back?" Glancing up to the back of Skinner's broad shoulders he sighed. Would it really matter if he answered, Skinner was probably just making small talk anyway.

“Nothing really, just a pull to come back to you I guess. So where are we going tomorrow.” Dauõa stepped up next to Skinner and placed a hand on his shoulder, leaning against him he smiled. “ You know I just couldn't resist seeing you again, I just missed you that much”. Joyful gaiety danced in his eyes as he held Skinners gaze.

Edited by Acornia