ShadowMonster

Nalom

"It's an addiction and they keep me from snapping and flying off the deep end. It's nice to have a fallback that never fails to calm you down". Skinner was doing something to the end of his light. It sparked and flickered slightly as he twisted and turned it in his fingers. It interested Dauõa but not enough that he wanted to try it.

"So its like a good addiction, I didn’t think any kind of addiction could be good. Do you smoke a lot of them because I think i have only seen you smoke 2 or maybe 3. Wait does that mean that something has you worked up because your smoking one right now." He asked as he backed away so skinner could stand.

"Yeah, these are popular on Earth. I picked it up from my dad. He is the one that taught me the flavor change trick." Dauõa coughed as a cloud of pine and rain scented smoke was blown into his face. Waving his hand to clear the smoke away he trotted to catch up to skinner who was already walking away.

"Well that one didn’t smell nearly as bad." Mumbling under his breath he took a spot on skinners left. "How far is it to the shop that you have to get stuff from, and do we really have to experiment more when we get back. I kinda want to either go for a run or take the antlers off. Playing ,lets se what happens if I do this, does not sound very fun and its usually painful for me. Unless you get some odd form of satisfaction from it."

----

Rain wandered back up stairs with Phill. The thump of his feet the only indication that Phill was following him. It was odd, he know by all rights that he wanted to talk and spend time with him. But he didn’t have the energy, just like he didn’t have the energy to deal with the creature back there. Maybe there had been a poison or something on Tristan's blade. If that was so it would have to either be something rain had never come across before or a mixture. If there was it had to be slow acting, he was stabbed last night. Most that he knew off worked in minutes or a hour or so. Nothing he knew of took hours.

Reaching the top of the stairs rain held the door open and walked to a bed. Sitting he waited for Phill to grab his stuff and say something. They had a little bit of time before David and Bec came back with the wagon. With so many people though they may need to upgrade.

"I think we may have two many people for everyone to sleep in the wagon. It would probably be a good idea for everyone to by there own tent makings or a hammock." Rain looked around and spotted his bag that he had gotten from Sorcha pulling it over he reached in and pulled out the sword and handed it over to Phill.

"Hey, a friend gave this to me. I don’t use swords and well.... think of it as a late birthday gift." Rain glanced around trying not to meet Phill’s eyes. Gazing over at the pillows and blankets on the bed a idea struck him. Most inns would not be expecting someone to come in with a bag with the properties of a black bag of holdings.

Why sleep with no pillows and blankets when he could take these. Reaching over he started stuffing pillows and blankets from the bed into the bag. Each disappearing as it was eaten by the bag.

Smiling back over at Phill, a little more cheerful than before he cracked up laughing.

"Well at least we have blankets and pillows. To bad we can't fit the bed in here."

-------

After the introductions to that small group and ignoring the shifter for the most part she wandered back to Theon. Glancing back occasionally to watch for fox boy 1 and 2 to reemerge. Turning her attention back to Theon she listened to him while petting snow. She liked animals specially dogs or anything in the canine family. Its what she most closely resembled.

"Hmph, no I'm not from around here.. accent gave it away?" He asked a smile lighting his face.

"I'm Theon, I am by all means just a common sellsword.. I travel all round and meet new people, people have tales.. I just heard about mystics through tales." He was hiding something. It was evident in the way he talked and held himself. He had a air about him that didn’t say commoner. Not that she really cared who he was as long as he came with her.

Tilting her head down she eyes starring into his. "Lies may work on others, I may not know much about you but a commoner selling his services you most certainly are not." Glancing back at the other group she turned back. " But that is your business not mine. I’ve seen you in my sight coming with us, that is what I care about."

Smiling she sat on the ground beside snow still looking at Theon.

"Besides. Most of my kind died out ages ago. To know about us you would either have to have the money to buy the book which we are recorded in or a poacher, and you don't see you as the latter of the two."

-----

Dauoa followed skinner quietly through the streets and down some shady alleys. Finally reaching a end dauoa tried glancing around skinmer to see what he was up to but only got a sight full of jacket. When skinner finally did move dauoa was left stairing down a long drop with a latter into a large underground cavern. Turning dauoa slide down the latter, almost running into skinner a couple of times.

When they neared the end with about a ten foot drop dauoa let go and jumped over skinner landing on the ground. The room was large and small oil lamps light the place up giving the place a warm glow.

"I give you: the underground. Pun intended I'm sure" Skinner said as they began walking. "You can wander around if you like." Dauoa glanced back at skinner unsure it ge wanted to leave or stay. He didnt like the idea of getting to far from skinner specially if something happened. In this form he was weak, he didnt know really how to fight. The only thing he has going for him is he was faster than most people.

"Would it be safe to wander off, better yet do you want me to leave so you can do stuff." He looked up at skinner slightly worried that he would tell him to get lost. He would survive but what if he got lost. Sure the pull was there so he was sure he could find skinner again but what if something happened to him and someone took the neckles.

Edited by Acornia

Phill had followed rain quietly, he did not want to deal with the other things that were outside. His tails swayed behind him as he walked up the stairs. The idea of talking to eople was not one thatphill wanted to have at the moment. The fact that they had been attacked, he lost control of his powers, he upset a friend, and he then had to worry about the other's saftey. Worn out mentally and slightly worn out physically as well he grabbed his bag and all the things he thought he may need.

"I agree, having people buy a tent just in case they need to sleep on the ground would be a good idea, keep the rain out as well as be slightly more comfortable than the ground." He watched as rain grabbed his bag and pulled out a sword handing it to phill. He took the sword and looked it over, the hilt was crafted perfectly and the blade seemed to be in perfect shape and much sharper than his dagger.

Phill smiled and gave rain a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, i love it, it is really well crafted. No need to avoid eye contact, it means a lot to me so thank you for thinking of me."

He watched as rain began stuffing pillows and blankets into his bag, phill chuckled as the bag ate the blankets and pillows. He joined the laughter tfrom the pillows and blanket being swalowed by the bag. "I am pretty sure they would notice a bed missing silly."

Rain gave phill a odd look at the wording he had just used. Calling him silly had been such a childish thing to do and it just reminded him of how young they are.

"Well we best go before them come up here. We can wait across the street or something and it shouldnt be long before david and bec come back with the wagon." Standing from the bed rain grabbed their bags and took off out the door and down the steps. As he passed the front counterman he passed of their keys and stepped out the door.

Making his way across the street he took a seat on the wooded porch area of the bar amd waited for the rest. He kept a close eye on the 3new comers but didnt act for conversation. If they wanted to talk he would answer but he didnt feel like initiating it. Turning to phill who had taken a seat next to him he guestered to the three.

"So what do you think. The bug dog think is a little odd but having a giant wolf would be nice."

"Smart one, aren't you?" Theon sighed.. A common sellsword, thats all anyone had to know for now. "Maybe in due time." He looked over at Eskia, he just wanted to be done with this mystic business as soon as possible.

He glanced over at the other people the mysitc had talked to.. he was just wondering what would a mystic need with kitsunes.. shifters.. and him. Theon got up, paused for a second then walked over to his horse, in one of the saddlebags tied to the horse was a couple of books, his father had taught him that a man's mind is as strong as his sword, and just like swords need whetstones, minds needed books to keep them sharp. "No, I'm not a poacher.. I just read." He sat to the other side of snow and placed his hand lightly on Snow's head. "If only it were that easy, to just say everything you had on your mind.. hmph, sadly thats not the case." He frowned for a second, but the smile was back. He couldn't trust anyone.. not yet.

David was left standing on the street with Bec by his side. as Rain and Phill walked back inot the Inn and the spider cat scampered away to the man with the wolf. David didn't like this situation. With the badger bug, not being left with Bec. David sighed and looked at Bec, "Well, lets go get the wagon" he said, walking off towards the north gate.

David paid the stablehand the fare for keeping their wagon and horses and climbed abord. Everything seemed to be in order. Their few belonging they left in the back were still where they left them. Bec Climbed up after him, taking a seat on the bench next to him. The walk over had been mostly in silence. Bec was excited to tell David what he had been up to since he vanished on the first day. David was absent though, Bec rambling on while David contunied to think about what had happened the night before.

They were heading towards the gate when Bec finally dropped a piece of information that didn't sit right with David,

"so how's your side?" he asked, motioning to the side of his body that had been injured in the attack the night before.

"Oh it's fine, just a little sore when I stretch" David replied, the fact not hitting him for several seconds, "Wait. How did you know about that"

Bec only shrugged with a mischievous grin on her face. David's mind began to fill in the blanks and complete the puzzle. The realization can crashing down on him like a great wave.

"YOU were Uttara?!?" he asked loudly, causing other drivers to turn and look at them. David's look of shock did not disappear when Bec just continued to grin and nod her head up and down.

"That means at the club...her....you! YOU! With the guns- during the atack....I mean thank you but you could ha- And after we...." David whirled around to look at Bec again, "We....at her place....OH MY GOD WE BAN-...e'hem...are you telling me that we had sex last night?"

Bec smiled wider at the man's sputtering, 'you know it big guy"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skinner shook his head, "No no no, Of course you can stick around if you want. What I'm doing is not private." He explained to the boy as they walked deeper and deeper into the underground, "I just thought you would have more fun wandering around instead of shadowing me to go shopping for groceries".

Finally, they came upon a multicolored tent with it's flap pinned open. The smell of many herbs and chemicals wafted from the interior. Skinner ducked through the opening and into the shop.

"Skinner! Darling!" the old woman from behind the counter exclaimed and maneuvered towards them through her packed store, "I thought I wouldn't see you today"

"I wouldn't forget about you Yaga" He replied, embracing the small woman and kissing her on the cheek.

She stepped back and squinted at Dauoa, "And who's your friend? Haven't seen his face around here"

Skinner cleared his throat, "He's a patient. I'm mentoring him in exotic matter transmutation and thought I would take him somewhere to show him where to get the best supplies in New Mesa"

The woman punched the taller man in the chest, "Stop it you scarecrow, you'll make me blush" she said with a chuckle, "It's nice to meet you. This beanpole treating you right?"

After some quick catching up, Yaga vanished from the counter and walked through a beaded curtain to the back of the tent. When she returned, she was carrying a cardboard box with Skinner's name written on the front in neat, loopy handwriting. Skinner orders nearly the same list of things every time he visits so Yaga began keeping stuff he usually bought aside for him to make pick up easier. On top of that, Skinner rattled off a few more...less that legal items he needed for Dauoa's treatment.

"..... four quarts of pixie blood, Powered dragon dung, ferafluid, three...cases of Abbolith secretions and a ubu claw? " Yaga asked, reading back from the list she was taking as Skinner spoke, "that everything?" She asked.

Skinner nodded with a smile. Yaga was quite old but she was still as sharp as ever. Nothing got passed that woman.

Skinner followed as she weaved through her shop expertly, picking up the items requested and handing them back to Dauoa and himself.

Once they were done, Yaga gave him a list which he pocketed with only a quick glance, "That's what I need this round. Take your time sweetie, I know you're busy with work' she said, motioning to Dauoa, "Take care Luke and tell your mother I said hello" she said.

Skinner's face twitched but he did not act. He hugged Yaga goodbye and left the tent, their arms loaded with boxes of supplies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bec couldn't help laughing at David's world crashing down around him. He figured it out pretty quick. Even if he basically told him. David had seemed much less relaxed and distant on the ride into New Mesa so Bec jumped on the opportunity to have a little fun and try to make him fell a little better.

"so you were Uttara the whole time?" he asked, his voice shaky like he was upset or angry about something.

uh-oh. Backfire

"You tricked me! You used your crazy powers to trick me into sleeping with you"

"David. That didn't take much tricking on my part"

"Be serious Bec. You....you-you can't just do that to people. That....you-"

Bec frowned. This was not going how she expected it at all. "Whats the big deal? everything we did was consensual. You especially seemed to like it when-"

"Enough. So Uttara isn't real? She was just...you, just some copied form you used"

Now it was Bec's turn to be offended,

" Now wait a minute. Uttara was just a fake name. The person was as real as this one you're looking at. All of my forms are unique, not stolen from you'r memories. Each of my forms are people who have never existed. Each with different personalities and quirks. My Forms are real, David" she said sternly.

"But it's still you. Your memories and thoughts. You just change suits....It's....I' dont know Bec." David said, slumping in his seat.

He looked like he had given up Bec took the risk and touched him on the arm, "Hey, I'm sorry I've upset you. I just thought you might want to have some fun"[/green]

David gave a weak smile and shook his head, "Yeah...lets talk later"

They could see the Inn coming into view and they would be to the rest of the group shortly. David didn't want to get the others involved in this drama.

Edited by padfoot

"No no no, Of course you can stick around if you want. What I'm doing is not private. I just thought you would have more fun wandering around instead of shadowing me to go shopping for groceries". Dauoa followed skinner as he shook his head. It was nice to know that he wasnt getting booted because skinner didnt want him around. He had the neckles and the mask sealed up at his place.

"No, I dont think I like that idea. Ill just stick with you." And he did, following skinner through tents silently taking in the sights. Taking comfort in how close skinner was from him. He figured it was the spirit that made him feel this way. A kind of realization on its part that dauõa wasnt going to get it back so in order to preserve itself it had to have dauoa stick to skinner to protect him if the need arose.

Dauoa followed skinner up into a large multicolored tent. The strong smells making him wince as he crossed the threshold.

A old small woman came from behind a counter toward skinner. She seemed to know him really well and he got no scense that she was a threat. Glancing around as the two talked he spotted a lot of odd things, from glass co tainers filled with animals to dried plants.

Movement and a flicker of blue from the mouth of the tent caught his attention. Standing just outside, hidden partly by the flap was a small child. It had a blue and white hoody and black pants. Dusty black hair peeked out from the hood, but that wasn't what caught his attention. He was wearing a mask, one like dauõa had just a day ago.

"And who's your friend? Haven't seen his face around here" His attention snapped back to the lady and skinner. Niether seemed to notice him, but he was almost in plan sight.

Glancing back the child waved at him and left. Intreged dauoa looked back to skinner who was being handed something from the woman. Neither was paying attention and skinner did say he could leave. He didnt like the idea but something about the boy was off. It was like it was calling him, its silent voice light and sweet.

Glancing back one more time at skinner dauõa took off out of the tent to follow the child. It wove in and out of the throng of moving people, not set in any particular direction. Doing his best to follow it he speed up, behind it by a couple of feet it glanced back. Light child-like laughter floated over its shoulder.

Dauõa wasnt paying attention to his surroundings, so caught up in the child spirit thing he missed the dwindling of tents as they neared the end of the main cavern. It stopped suddenly infront of a tunnel that lead down a dark passage. Glancing around he spotted the last of the tents about 15 feet behind him.

Looking back to the child it laughed again before waving a small hand at him. It beckoned him closer, back into the dark tunnel. Stepping closer he reached for the hand that was stretched out for him. It was like he was in a trance, he knew he shouldnt take its offered hand. The feeling it gave off was wrong but once he started to reach for it he couldnt stop.

"Skinner I'm sorry, I think I found something I wasnt supposed to."

--------

A agervated sigh escaped her at the rejection of the young man. What would, no could, she honestly do to him if he told her so.ethings about him. After the rejection he stood and went to his horse. Petting it a couple of times before he pulled out a book and came back.

So he reads, I wonder what. Cant be interesting. Hm boring for a boring human.

"No, I'm not a poacher.. I just read. If only it were that easy, to just say everything you had on your mind.. hmph, sadly thats not the case." She listened to him as he took a seat on the other side of the wolf. Must not be that trusting either. Specially with the way he had been eyeing the rest of the group.

"It is that easy, what you find hard is opening up. But I can see why not, trust it a hard thing to come by. But fortunately with this group you will be around them for a long time. And with time comes trust."

Eskia chanced a peek over at the other two kitsunes who had taken up residence on her other side a little ways down. They were ideally chatting about something or other. Not that she really cared.

"So theon, what have you picked up to read. And snow, can I use you as a pillow. I see that we may be here for a little while." She smiled figuring she should ask before doing so. It was polite and seeing as how the wolf is intelligent, it seemed right.

Edited by Acornia

Phill tilted his head at the odd look he was given, he knew that he sounded young but in all reality he was pretty young. He was in thought about their age and what they had been through already before rain braught him out of his thoughts. "You are right we should be out there and waiting for them just in case. It would be best to go whenever we all are ready but what about getting supplies we may need for the road?" He walked down behind rain and nodded to the counterman who told them to have a nice day.?

Following rain he kept an eye on the others that were out there. He sat beside rain his ears twitching from the conversations in the building behind them as well as the scents of the food. Phill was not sure how to talk to them so he just stayed quiet until rain spoke up. "I think the giant wolf would be cool as well, i am not sure about the bug dog but they both look like they could come in handy if you need to fight. " phill was sure that the other's would be hack soon so he stretched out and put his backpack on, his sword now strapped to his side for easier access to it if need be.

Nodding his head rain agreed silently with phill. Although he wished for no more fighting for at least a while. The assassins from last night was enough for him and the worry that it feed him till he was back with the group was more than enough to last him a lifetime.

"Lets hope there is no more fighting for a while. And i thing david had a place to shop. If not we can stop at a old acquaintance place. She would give us whatever we need." Leaning back onto a post that held the roof of the padio up he glanced with laddened eyes at phill.

When david camr back with the wagon he may lay down fpr a bit in the back. Still the thought from earlier ate at him.

"Hey phill, when you where attacked. Did you get a good look or whiff at the weapons they used. Was there anything odd about then." Closing his eyes his ears flicked as he listened to the sounds playing out around him.

David cracked the reigns and the horses lurched forward with a whinny. David and Bec were silent in the front of the wagon. David was still steaming over his and Bec's conversation just seconds before. Rain and Phil had climbed into the back of the wagon and was working on getting comfortable. He figured that the six legged thing and the man with the wolf would follow or lead or whatever. He was sure they would do something. David slowly pulled the cart back onto the main road and started across the city of New Mesa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skinner was talking about the properties of various things he picked up when he realized that he was no longer following him. Skinner turned and looked around him, trying to pick out the horned boy in the crowd. Nothing.

"DAUOA!" He called. Several moments passed with no answer. Skinner cursed and set the boxes on the ground. He hastily drew a rune circle on the ground and set the boxes on top of it quickly. He said a few words to send the box away. Hopefully back to his house. He did the whole thing very quickly so there was no way to really be sure. Skinner pushed through the crowd back to Yaga's tent to retrace his steps.

His long legs pumped against the stone floor as he rean through the crowd calling Dauoa's name. He really hoped he was ok. Otherwise he was going to have to hurt him.

There! For an instant Skinner could make out the white haired boy stanidng at the mouth of a tunnel. Skinner wasn't sure if he was trying to make a break for it. That didn't make sense though. Dauoa wouldn't even know how to leave the underground without his help. Skinner ducked under two men carrying a large roll of fabric and broke into a sprint as Dauoa stepped into the darkenss. "Dauoa. No!" he called after the boy but it was too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David pulled the cart next to an open air market near the center of town. He stopped the horses on the side of the road and looked into the crowd of people shopping. David turned and looked at the group in the back, "Alright, here we are. I'm going to stay here and....guard our stuff." he said with a shift of guilt in his voice, 'Don't be too long"

Phill watched how rain was acting and simply relaxed. He got into the back of the wagon pulling rain in. "The greatsword seemed normal but the arrows had some sort of poison on them." His ears flickered from the sounds as he spoke up "hey david you have a place in mind to shop for supplies?"

Theon shook his head at Eskia asking Snow to use him as a pillow and gave out a chuckle. "I'm not reading anything specific." He was reading a book about the history of his old house and how it came to be.. it's lords and ladies.. it's knights, the book wasnt old though, his father was listed as both a lord and a knight in it, but only in brief descriptions. "The history of the noble house Rykker." he sighed. "I've taken a lot interest in this specific house after its downfall." The words pained him but he played it cool.. trying not to sound too angry or sad.

==========================================

"Hmm, I dont see why not." Snow didnt really mind anything, as long it didnt affect Theon.

He could see through theon's pain and gave him a quiet gentle nudge with his nose, which theon returned with a pat, smiling.

==========================================

"Seems like we're going, I suggest you go on ahead.. Ill follow on my horse." Theon got up and started reading his horse for the journey, putting the book back in it's bag. He glanced over at Snow, and waited by his horse.

Eksia watched in annoyment as david pulled the cart out I to the road, not bothering to wait and see if she wanted a ride. But that was ok she could scramble up the back but that would make her look undignified, although with the way she moved she probably already looked like that.

Sighing she turned to theon amd snow, both had gotten up amd was leaving also. Shaking her had she took off in the direction of the cart. Catching up she jumped at the back and shuffled her way in and around phill and rain. Taking a pleasent place inbetween them and the front of the wagon she peered out over at theon. Leaning on the side closest to him to hear him better.

"So theon, why does that house interest you. Do you have a tie to it. Is the reason your traveling have something to do with it." She asked as she rubbed a random ear in her lap. Glancing down she seen the red appendage and followed it back to rain. He wasnt looking that fine, must have laid down for a nape.

Just then the wagon clattered to a stop.

"Alright, here we are. I'm going to stay here and....guard our stuff." Eskia looked at david. She didnt need anything so she would stay in the wagon.

-------

Rain stood from his place on the porch and climbed into the wagon. He wasnt feeling that well and the rocky movements of the wagon wasnt helping. And it was only made worse as the bug, dog thing climbed in. Rain shuffled over to give her room before laying down, resting his head on phills leg. One of his ears was was laying back and he jolted when he felt fingers on it.

The thing was petting his ear as she talk and it relaxed him. " Hey what's your name." He didnt think he would get a answer as she was absorbed in a conversation with theon. But a quick Eskia was muttered to him before she went back to the other conversation.

Turning back to phill he took a big breath as the wagon came to a Holt. "Alright, here we are. I'm going to stay here and....guard our stuff." Rain pushed himself up and jumped down from the wagon they were in a open market like place. It was in the center of town, a wide open cirlce.

"So I think it would be good to get provisions for the road plus the sleeping arrangements. Want to split up and get the stuff. Meet back here in a hour. "

-------

Dauõa's hand connected with the cold hand of the child. All sence of warmth he may have had started to be consumed and his mind was pushed back. A empty shell it what held its cold hand. It giggled again glancing past its new play toy and lunch at a man who was yelling and running to them. Slowly amd almost tauntingly he pulled the horned boy into the bark tunnel.

"Follow to get your friend back, if not he's mine." It receded back into the dark out of sight. The boy followed easily, just a meet puppet to what he was. And if the man followed he would be helping it have dinner for tomorrow.

---

"Dauoa. No!" Who's voice was that. It sounded so familiar, like a old friend or family member. He felt like he should know them but it didnt matter, he had no family and not even friends. But that voice! Why would it feel as if he had hear it a million times before.

However the incling he had in his mind disappeared as he was lead out of sight. The small nagging dwindling to a light throb of recognition that wouldnt come.

All he had to do was hold the hand offered to him and he would be alright. It was a friend, one he felt he had known for a long time. Someone who wouldn't leave him.

Skinner cursed as Dauoa was pulled out of sight by the strange glowing boy. A rune tattooed on the back on his neck was beginning to crawl and itch. "Underfae" Skinner hissed as he drew his flute and pointed it down the tunnel "Lowlis" He whispered. a ball of blue light manifested at the tip of his flute and hung in the air above him. He repeated the formula three more times, this time shooting the balls of light down the tunnel. The furthest one reached about thirty meters ahead. Just as it landed, Skinner could make out a scaly tail sliding away from the pool of light.

Skinner made his way carefully down the tunnel. He had a hunch what had snatched up Dauoa. Skinner was a fool for bringing him down here. He didn't even warn him about the types of things that lived down here. There was a reason law enforcement doesn't look underground in the tunnels under the city. Why hadn't this tunnel been sealed off from the Underground? He would have to bring that to Jetta's attention later. Skinner fired two more of his blue flares down the hall.

As one rolled across the floor, it revealed a leg wearing simple shoes. Skinner dashed towards it, "Dauoa, are you alright!" he called. As he got closer and the light revealed the rest of the form, Skinner realized that it wasn't really anyone. It was just a severed leg lying in a pool of blood. The point of disconnection was ragged like it had been torn loose from the person's body. Skinner let out a sigh of relief, this leg was much too large to belong to Dauoa. Skinner fired off a few more blue orbs to light his way as well as creating two more to hover around his head. He considered himself to have a strong constitution but he still couldn't help feel shaken by the sight of the leg. He pushed deeper on, picking up his pace and hoped that Dauoa wasn't already dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bec hopped down from the seat of the wagon and looked back at David. The man kept his eyes forward like he had most of the trip to the market. Bec sighed and walked towards the back of the cart with Phill and Rain.

Bec didn't want to wander off again. He wasn't sure they wouldn't leave her if he did. He leaned against the side of the cart and waited. He was just going to tail Phil and Rain considering he really didn't need anything.

Phill shrugged as he jumped down out of the cart behind rain. He smiled as bec jumped down beside them. "I think that it is better to stick in small groups at least, besides we just need some medical supplies and food, we don't really need any tents but if so we could get by with maybe two max since i like sleeping on the ground as long as there is no snow there that i have to worry about."

Phill made sure he had an alright amount of money still and looked around the stands. He spotted a well made oak wood merchant stand that had a few canned food items that would last longer then most other types of food. He walked over to the stand and paid for three cans that they could cook and would provide them for a meal since finding any sort of animals for food after they got out of the protection would be difficult. He put the cans inside of his bag making sure that everything he needed was in there. "Alright we have some food just in case we need it but medical supplies i think are next on the list of things we need."

Rain glance back from his spot infront of phill, a are you for really look. 3 cans of food was not going to feed 7 people. But the tents they could do with less of, two would work perfectly for there group. Some could sleep in the wagon amd the others in the tents. He was sure that theon had his own tent and bedding. Possibly his own provisions.

"Alright we have some food just in case we need it but medical supplies i think are next on the list of things we need."

"Do we still have the stuff that we stuffed into davids hat. If not get extra then if so then get a couple of rolls of bandages and ointment." Following thw flow of traffic in the market rain stopped as a little stall that sold fabric. A roll in the back having caught his attention. It looked like leather and it was fairly large. It was possible that it was a tent. Or at least something that could be used as one.

"How much for the leather tent or fabric." He asked while pointing it out. The portly man turned and looked at it before turning back.

Giving a huff as he took in the red fox he picked it up and dropped it on the counter. " Well depends on who's asking."

Rain was bewildered, never had he had someone ask him for his name when he just wished to buy their wares. Although it would not be uncommon to ask if it was ment for someone else.

"Who do you think, I came to inquire about it like told."

"Do you have the payment, it wasnt cheap." Suspicion evident in his voice.

"Yes, you'll find it already being dropped at the agreed place. Your contact should be getting it right now. "

"Hmmmm. Who do I know your not jipping me."

"Because if I was you would be alive, there would be no point in talking to you otherwise."

"Fine, tell your master thanks for the buisness."

Rain nodded his head and walked away, a smile playing on his face that he couldnt see.

A little was away he leaned into phill, chuckling a little.

"Well that was lucky. Someone's in trouble." With a full hearted laugh he went back to the wagon dropping it off. It took up all of the arm space that he had so he couldnt carry medicine and such with it. Turning he went back to find some medicine, trailing behind phill as he lead the way this time. The whole ordeal made him feel slightly better. Jipping someone always made him feel better, he didnt wish death but it was fun to cause trouble.

-------

"Dauoa, are you alright!"

There is was again, the voice that sounded so familiar. It wouldn't leave and it was trugging his mond up to think more. To recall memories that were buried under a blanket.

But the hand was still in his and a gentle squeeze was enough to drag his mind away from the voice, just to the next time it spoke. Then another squeeze and it was gone again.

Dauoa registered them stopping by the hand in his leaving to trail feather light up his arm. Another hand on the other arm. Both hands pressed warmly into his arms holding them into place. But it didnt bother him, a small part of his mind scratched to reach the surface. Screaming that something was wrong, but it was buried again by the warmth.

Pain was registered as his eyes shot open, seeing for the first time since walking away into the dark tunnel. His mind screamed, the small voice of his mind barreling out and taking its rightful place through the fog.

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A scream ripped from his throat as he stared up into the slitted eyes of a reptile like creature. It was latched onto his shoulder, its eyes meeting his in a moment of surprise. It must not have expected him to come out of its trance.

Dauoa pulled away, a sickening rip following him as pushed at it. A shove sent it stumbling backas he turned and bolted in a random direction. As he ran warmth trickled down his arm, from the smell it was blood. He couldnt stop to see the damage but it must have been a nice chunk taken out as the blood was dropping in a little river.

A flash of blue from up the tunnel caught his attention. Was it the thing again, coming back to finish the job. Is this was his victims felt before they died. Scared dauõa clamped a hand on the wound to stop blood flow and glanced around. A small notch in the wall was enough for him to fit into, if he was going to die today he would at least wound the creature. There was a good chance it would sniff out his blood anyways.

Hunkering down dauoa watched as it drow closer. The blue lighting up the tunnel. A small blue ord shot past his little hiding spot and it had him confused. It had a blue jacket but it didnt glow enough to light the whole tunnel. Maybe it was a trick ro make him think skinner had come to help. But why would he, dauõa was trouble to him. With out him skinner would be free to do whatever he wanted. No this couldnt be skinner, it was the monster. When it got close enough he would attack in the hopes he got lucky.

But this form was so weak, no claws or powerful legs to run with. No strong jaw to deliver death to. Grabbing a stone that fit into the palm of his hand he curled it to his chest. Blood lose making him shiver and slump slightly in exhaustion.

Skinner had heard the scream and took off undding down the tunnel. His boots thudded against the packed earth and stone floor. Skinner continued to fling light balls into the inky blackness, creating a path ahead and a trail behind. Skinner stopped and listened, There was another weird noise schoing off the rock walls.

Scrap thud....scrap, thud It sounded like someone was walking with a limp. A rather large someone at that. Skinner pushed on, not about to leave until he had proof Dauoa was a goner.

Movement from the wall to his left caught his attention, luckily at just the right time. Skinner extended his flute into the strip of darkness in the wall. Something had screamed and lunged from the crack as he passed. Skinner pushed the flute between the attacker's eyes.

He paused when his fairy light illuminated his attacker's face. The formula Skinner was speaking died in his throat. It was Dauoa. Bloody and pale, the boy stared at him with fear in his eyes and a rock posed to bash his head in. Skinner dropped his arm to his side, "Dauoa! censorkip.gif we need to get you out of here." he said, moving to inspect the boy's injury to his shoulder. The damage was extensive but it didn't look deep. Luckily, there didn't seem to be any muscle damage. Skinner didn't have any supplies on him and the kid was looking worse and worse. They needed to act fast.

"Dauoa, where is the thing that attacked you?" Skinner asked but the answer did not coming from Dauoa though.

Something rough and powerful slammed into Skinner's side and flung him away from Dauoa. He hit hard on the stone floor and rolled to a stop. His flute clattered away from him. Skinner picked up the closest fairy light and rolled it back the direction the attack came from. Skinner struggled to his feet, his side stabbed with every breath. Skinner assumed he had a few cracked ribs. he was lucky in his mind.

the ball rolled to a stop at when it hit something. Skinner gazed up and up until he could see what they were up against. Standing behind Dauoa and partially hidden by the darkness was a massive bipedal alligator. It's large jaws dripped with saliva and blood. Skinner stepped into this tunnel thinking he could handle whatever was in it. He was beginning to doubt that.

Skinner's lights must have been messing with it's night vision because it lumbered right passed Dauoa and headed towards Skinner. He guessed it was because of the lights hovering around his head. Skinner frantically searched the floor for his wand. The gator dropped to all fours and began to gallop towards him at a frightening pace.

The gator was nearly on top of him when he finally closed his fist around the smooth wooden surface of his flute. The beast lunged at him and Skinner jammed his fist into the creatures mouth, "matriem xtenit!" he shouted. There was a flash of yellow light from inside the creature's mouth. Skinner's flute had almost tripled in length and prevented the gator from closing it's mouth. It shook it's head wildly and shook it's head from side to side.

Skinner did not wait too long. He ducked around the angry reptile and bolted blindly towards Dauoa. He bumped into his patient and snagged the boy roughly by the collar of the shirt, "Move. NOW!" he yelled, pushing him down the tunnel to get him started. The last think Skinner saw before the fairy lights went out was the monster looking back at them with burning eyes. It's powerful jaws snapping down, turning his flute to splinters with it's powerful jaws.

With his wand gone, all the fairy lights he produced winked out simultaneously, plunging Dauoa and Skinner into pitch darkness. From somewhere behind them, He could hear the monster regaining it's footing and begin it's chase again. They needed a way out fast.

Dauoa sat in his acove until the thing creating the blue was right on top of him. Suffling it his feet he lunged, screaming his frustration and fear as the creature. His hand poised in the air ready to strick flesh.

A flash of blue illuminated a familiar face giving reason for pause. Hand stilled as rugged breaths forced their way in and out of his lungs.

"Dauoa! censorkip.gif we need to get you out of here." It was skinner, he was here in the flesh and blood. Dropping the rock it landed with a dull thud as dauoa reached a hand out to touch him, conformation that he was real, as skinner studied him.

Dauoa was at a loss for words. He had come for him and not left him down here to die. Why? Now he would have to face the same thing dauõa had and he may not be lucky enough to escape.

"Dauoa, where is the thing that attacked you?" Where was it? Did he want to find it, no they should run. That thing was twice the size of dauõa. And dauõa was shorter than skinner, finding it was a bad idea.

"No skinner we sh......" dauoa never got to finish his sentence as something hit skinner and set him flying. Fear trugged back up, he could hear it behind him. Moving and breathing, its breath fowl and rotten.

Dauõa could only watch in horror glued to the spot as skinner slammed into a wall and fell to the ground. His flute rolling away from him. Turning on the creature his eyes landed on a the creature from earlier.

It took no notice as it passed him, a small light by its feet. He heard movementand a scream from skinner in his weird language and dauõa's world slowed. Fear that skinner had meet his match.

A blur ran to him bumping into him and grabbing his shirt. "Move. NOW!" And like a switch had been flipped everything picked up again and he was dragged down the tunnel. Soon he was running just as fast as skinner keeping pace with him.

"Skinner I swear..if we get out...of this, I'm sticking.....to you like glue and I'm sorry." Pants and wheezing broke up his speech.

Fear shot up at the cracking of something and then the blue orbs disappeared. Dauõa glanced around as his eyes adjusted quickly. A strong feeling of protection coming through the bond witht the neckles, seemingly to push him to let no harm befall skinner. Fear also rolled through as the lights went out.

" Come on skinner. What do we do? I dont have my mask and I'm week in this form. And even if I did that things massive. I would be able to out run it but it would be a draw to kill. And i used alot.png of energy so im starving." Dauõa grabbed skinners arm and called him back down the tunnel. Weaving around objects that could trip up the blind human, the worst a severed leg.

He could hear it clearly as it race to them. It moved so much faster and it was alot.png stronger. Glancing over his shoulder he watched as it reared back to snap its jaws at Skinners legs. A hard shove at him sent skinner out of the way. Dauõa looked between skinner and the beast, skinner couldnt see from what dauõa could tell.

Glancing back at the beast dauoa opened his mouth and screamed at it. He felt a welling in him, one he could do nothing about. Screaming again its attention was trained on dauoa. Charging at him, dauõa rolled out of its way and a deadly game of Dodge started to play out. Occassionally when it would turn its attention to skinner he would scream or throw something at it.

"Skinner any ideas, I don't want to die and I feel you don't either." Muttering under his breath he added, "again I wish I had my mask." Exhaustion and blood loss making him slow, that was all that was needed as it lunged, snapping it's jaws around his leg that didnt move fast enough.

Aahh......

His scream died of as it rolled and dauõa rolled with it. It stopped when dauõa fell silent, releasing his leg presuming him dead or unconscious.

Dauõa laid there stunned. He hurt and his leg was even worse. The roll had sent his world spinning and he fell silent, blacking out for a minute. When it stopped dauoa came to it meandering after skinner.

Pain bloomed from Skinner's injured rips with every breath he took. It was making it difficult to run. Dauoa seemed to posses some kind of low light visibility like the gator fae that was chasing them. He lead Skinner deeper into the tunnel, putting as much space between them and the monster.

" Come on Skinner. What do we do? I don't have my mask and I'm week in this form. And even if I did that things massive. I would be able to out run it but it would be a draw to kill. And I used a lot of energy so I'm starving." The boy panted next to him from somewhere in the dark.

Skinner shook his head, "I'm not looking to kill it. We just need to get away from it". Skinner knew how to fight. He also knew when he was outgunned. Especially when they were being chased by a fifteen foot alligator with biceps.

The next thing he knew, Skinner was sprawled out on the ground again. Without his flute he was unable to manipulate any exotic matter. It was much weaker without some kind of conduit. Good thing for them was that Skinner could use anything as a conduit.

"Skinner any ideas, I don't want to die and I feel you don't either." Daoua yelled over the sounds of violence. Good he was still alive but for how long?

"Working on it!" he yelled back, feeling around on the ground for anything he could use.

Skinner felt around until his hand closed around something stick-like. It'll do. Skinner raised it towards the sound of Dauoa's cry of pain. Skinner had something that would work, he was afraid Dauoa would get caught in the crossfire. Desperate times called for desperate measures.

"Ventabos 'pellere he yelled. The tip of his wand, which in the feint light could see that it was a severed arm, lit up with a brilliant white light. The tunnel was flooded with daylight and the fingers on the hand began to smoke a curl. This particular formula was one Skinner rarely used. It had some...unfortunate side effects.

The light suddenly rushed forward, blowing the arm apart in his hand and causing Skinner to fall back from the recoil.

"Stay down!" he yelled over the rushing sound of the phenomenon as it struck the monster in the chest. It was thrown off it's feet and sailed back down the tunnel. It's defining roar shook the walls as it got farther and farther away from the duo. There was a distant clamor followed by eerie silence.

Skinner rushed to Dauoa's aid, "Dauoa! Bent u goed? Dat zal niet houden het naar beneden voor lang, dus we nodig hebben om een ​​uitweg te vinden. Kan je lopen?" Skinner asked. There was a light source coming from somewhere that allowed him to inspect the damage done on the young stag. His leg looked better than his shoulder but both were still pouring blood. Skinner placed his hand on Dauoa's chest, "dit gaat vreemd om te voelen" he warned.

A rune began to glow brightly on the back of his hand as sparks of exotic matter flowed into the boy. That would help with the pain and slow the bleeding but it was no medical treatment, more like a quick fix. without proper treatment this boy was as good as dead. Skinner's skin was glowing with a dim, white light that seemed to be coming from right below his skin. Another side effect.

Skinner helped Dauoa to his feet and glanced around. At first, it was just darkness. Then, something high above caught his eye. On the ceiling of the tunnel, there was a single pinprick of light. Skinner pointed, "Er! Het moet een straat afdekklep zijn" he said, walking toward the wall. Sure enough, his blind hands found the cold, rough surface of a ladder, "Op deze manier" he said, mounting the ladder and starting to climb.

An iron manhole cover in the middle of a crowded street lifted and slid aside. Skinner's dirty and blood spattered face poked up after. No one seemed to be paying them any mind as they climbed into the sweet daylight of the topside world. Now that Dauoa was properly lit, Skinner could see how bad he really looked. His face was pale and blood streaked. The rest of his clothing was soaked in blood from the wounds the Gator fae inflected on him. He needed to get him home, quickly. Now if he only knew which way that was...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Rain ripped off the guy selling the tent, Bec sat back and watched the two shop. He was uncharacteristically quiet for he had a lot on his mind. Shopping was the least of his worries but it beat hanging out with David alone again. She didn't understand why he was so worked up. She had never gotten that reaction from someone before. Perhaps it was because he felt as if she lied to him? Bec frowned, even though she didn't see it that way it was understandable he would think that. She honestly though he knew it was Bec but looking back, it didn't seem right to her either. Bec didn't like to talk about it but her ability was quite convincing. Her whole life she had been taking advantage of the idea that pretty people need to be taken care of. Bec had survived this long by making friends and having them help her acquire food and shelter.

While the kitsunes were shopping for supplies, Bec morphed again. In this crowd there was no telling who she connected with to create this form but they had good taste. Bec inspected herself in a full length mirror hanging behind the counter at a stall. She had very long black hair that was wrapped up neatly in a intricate bun on the back of her head. Lose strands were braided into loops that trailed down her back. Her skin was olive and her eyes pink. She had to be at least six feet tall, The sudden change of height made her lightheaded. She wore a flowing blue gown that made her look like she was going to a formal and ritzy occasion. Bec placed her thin hands on her hips and checked all her angles. It wasn't often she was able to look at herself in the mirror right after a shift. She really was beautiful. A single tear rolled down her cheek at the thought.

Edited by padfoot

"You should really stop asking questions now, in general.. just stop bothering him, okay?" Snow glanced over at Eskia before jumping in the back of the wagon. "Really, I mean it."

==============================================

"So theon, why does that house interest you. Do you have a tie to it. Is the reason your traveling have something to do with it." Theon sighed at eskia's questions, was she always that buggy? "No and no, now I'd honestly prefer it if you stop bugging me with these questions.. why dont you tell me more about yourself, your mom and what the hell your mother needs with us?" His tone was calm and composed. Theon got off his horse when the carriage stopped, he grabbed a bottle from one of the saddlebags, wine, drinking was as essential as food for him, he drank while eating, he drank while reading, and sometimes he even drank before fighting.. He remembered that one time when he was in court and a prisoner had chosen trial by combat, Theon knew the prisoner.. he was of a rich house and would definitely owe whoever stood champion for him that day.. and so, Theon volunteered, he was only a boy of 18 at the time but had been training ever since he was 7 and this was hardly the first time he fought. In the end, only Theon was left standing.. and he was left with a light scar on his left arm, and the gratitude of a noble house and it's lord, he never called in a favor with them and they were surely in his debt.

Theon gave a light smile while reminiscing of the good days, his house might have been presumed extinct and burned down, but he still had friends, powerful ones.. and he would call on them when the time comes, and he would only hope they would return the calls.

Eskia glance from theon to snow. She didnt like being told what to do but she could tell he didnt wish to talk about himself. Respecting that she changed the subject as snow joined her in the wagon.

"You know dog, you body is fairly large and you take up a good portion of the wagon. Where is everyone else going to sit. Thats it the horses dont die from trying to pull your weight." Glaring at snow she leaned back against the dribers head board. Taking a peek at the human to see what he was up to she laughed. He was just sitting there looking straight. His jaw was set like he was mad and he looked a little constipated.

"No and no, now I'd honestly prefer it if you stop bugging me with these questions.. why dont you tell me more about yourself, your mom and what the hell your mother needs with us?" Her attention returned to the only members of the newly formed group that would talk to her.

" Well you know that we are mystics, do you know about our other half. The skeksis are our darker side, the thirst for power and will trample all in there way to get to it. For every mystic there is a skeksis, amd should one die the other does to. As for why the myatics numbersbare practically non existent, I have no idea. Me and mom thing we're the last."eskia looked out at the crowd with a longing, wondering what it would have been like if she had friends her age to do stuff with.

"As for what mom wants, well I can guess as I have a pretty good idea. The grey thats been killing everything. She wamts you guys to stop it. Our sight has shown us that you will so we came to get you started." Growing bord she reached over and nudged mister constipated getting his attention.

"So david, whats your story, if you want to talk about it."

Still she kepted a open ear to theon in case he wanted to talk. These humans didnt talk alot.png and she was getting bord, if she wandered away though she would have to go searching for them again.

--------

Dauõa was laying on the ground watchong in horror as the gator got closer to skinner. He couldnt see it but he could probably hear it, and that caused him to fumble around in the dark. Triumph shown on his face as he held up his item, which was a severed arm.

"Ventabos 'pellere" Light filled the tunnel and for a minute dauoa was blinded from his spot on the ground. Smoke and burning flesh filled the area as the arm exploded and a large white ball rushed at the creature. Skinner was thrown back but was alright enough to issue a warning to stay down. It wasnt like he was going anywhere.

The roar from it vibrated off the walls as it sales out of sight. Its scream cut off into dead silence. Looking from down the tunnel where it was thrown to skinner who was rushing to him he pushed himself up making to stand.

"Dauoa! Bent u goed? Dat zal niet houden het naar beneden voor lang, dus we nodig hebben om een ​​uitweg te vinden. Kan je lopen?" Skinner was talking in another language or jibberish, not that dauoa could tell the difference. "dit gaat vreemd om te voelen"

Skinner had placed hia hand on his chest. What ever he had said had a pleasent side effect at the bleeding slowed but dauõa still had trouble standing. And the way that skinner looked, he looked like a god or something. He glowed from within almost, it was beautiful in a odd way.

While dauoa watched him, taking in the effects of what he had done skinner was looking around. Dauoa followed his finger as skinner pointed to something above them. "Er! Het moet een straat afdekklep zijn"

"Skinner...... i can't understand what your saying." Dauõa was shivering as skinner made his way to a latter that was kinda hidden. With a limp he followed close behind, dread at the climb worrying him. Skinner on the other hand seemed fine so he let him go first.

"Op deze manier" skinner started up the ladder, dauõa watching to see if he could handle it. It didnt take long before he was half way before dauoa had even started.

It was a slow climb, he had to stop every 10 to 15 rings or so to get his strength back. Now that most of the adrenaline was gone and the cold set in his light shivers where turning into one that raked the whole body. Finally when he reached the top he crawled through the opening into the light and warmth of the day.

"Hmmm. Skinner you alright." Dauoa laid in the road for a minute watching people go by, non seemed to notice or care that they were there. Rolling onto his side he glanced at Skinners fave from his spot on the ground. He didnt want to move, he just wanted to sleep. His body hurt and it was ready for a rest.

"Thank you"

Rolling over onto his hands and knees dauõa pulled himself up and held a hand out for skinner. Pulling him up beside him he held his nose up in the air. He couldnt get a familiar scent anywhere.

"So do you know where we are. I cant smell a familiar scent anywhere." Glancing around he spotted a somewhat familiar face. There was a man woman standing outside a door of a nearby building talking quietly to a man. She was waving her arms madly about as if in anger.

Looking back to skinner he made his way over. As he drew closer the woman noticed him and stopped talking altogether, waiting for him to approach.

"Excuse me, you look familiar so I was hoping you could point me and my friend in the direction of the blue inn." Dauoa grimaced at the disgusted look she gave him. She looked like she didn't want to be associated with two blood covered and filthy men.

A sneer passed quickly overbher face as she pointed down the main street.

"Follow it down to willow lane and take a left. Follow that to sparrows hollow. Its near the edge but close to a gate to the city. From there you just have to follow Elwood back. Your not far but its still a good 45 minutes walking." She didnt mention not to take any back alleys as most where closed off. She had already given them more than enough.

Nodding his head dauoa turned back to skinner and throw his arm over his shoulder and set out in the direction she had pointed them in. The longer they walked the more he leaned on him.

"Why did you come back. You could have died, and instead of one of us it could have been both. In some moments I dont know if your stupid or detrimentally nice."

Edited by Acornia

Phill chuckled as he watched rain go over and get a tent or what seemed like a tent without even paying. He shook his head "well they don't call kitsunes the trickster spirits for nothing. " phill walked up and saw that there were some bandages as well as some more ointment. He placed down some small coins making them look like they had a higher value and would look that way for a while. Once the lady put them in her coin pouch however he released the spell so their value was back to normal. He bowed before putting the medicine in his bag, walking a small ways away with rain.

Phill enjoyed playing small pranks every now and then and this was no different. He looked around as his mind raced with thoughts of what he wanted. He found a small store and keeping an eye on rain he performed the same trick, this time he walked out wearing a black hoodie/cloak that had purple stripes along it since they had none with green. He chuckled and stretched out and letting out a groan as his muscles woke up more. "Is there anything else we may need? We could get more food though due to the protection i believe we can stock up on food from the lake or forest around town though canned would last longer though how many would we need?"

Rain smiled at phills comment, yes that was a good way of putting it. Tricksters, causeing light malice but not lasting damage. Well it honestly depends on the kitsune, but rain generally wasmt like that and phill appeared to be about the same.

"Is there anything else we may need? We could get more food though due to the protection i believe we can stock up on food from the lake or forest around town though canned would last longer though how many would we need?"

Shacking his head rain glanced back over to phill. He figured they where about done and he didnt want to stick around d anymore.

"No, lets head back. Well be out of town in a little bit. " As for more medician he just didnt care anymore. They had a little, and if they were careful it would last.

"Well lead the way back phill" rain draped he arm over phill,leaning on him as he walked.

Phill stretched out slightly and chuckled at the idea. He decided that they were done shopping as he couldn't think of anythin. He looked around and gave out a soft sigh. "Alright but first we need to find bec."!phill smiled as he felt rain leaning on him, he walked back towards the other stands "bec? Can you hear me?" Phill was curious where bec could be and kept an eye out for the necklace as well. "We will be out of here soon enoughbut making sure we a prepared is a priority."

"Alright but first we need to find bec." Rain looked at phill to see ifnhe as serious. Bec was one of those people that came and went, she had a tendency to pop up and stay for a little while and disappear. If you didnt know who she was and that she could transform you would think she never existed.

"I think we wi......" rain was cut off by phill calling out.

"bec? Can you hear me?" Phill called out searching the crowd for a familiar face or neckless. Rain didnt see her though, at all. It was like she had disappeared again.

Glancing inside some of the building that were at the edge of the square he seen many people he though may have been her. But upon closer inspection they were just random strangers.

"We will be out of here soon enoughbut making sure we a prepared is a priority." Phill did have a point though, even if rain was tired and hurting they wouldnt get far if they left and something happened. But he really just wanted to leave. Still phill called out to bec and rain wanted to leave her to, although he had full faith she would show back up.

Stepping around a corner he made out a small shop that smelled strongly of herbs. Walking in he took the place in, it was defiantly a place for healing. And a couple of minutes later he was walking out with a bag full of ointment, dried herbs, wraps, splints, scalpels, needles and thread and more. Walking out he waved to phill to his attention before heading back to the wagon.

Phill was trying his best to find bec but he just couldn't seem to find them. He was sure she would show up again but leaving her without at least trying to find her would not be good especially if they were leaving the town. Phill had stopped by many people but could not find the familiar necklace unsure if he would even be able to see it if it was tucked under their shirt. He was hoping that they could all be together before they left.

When rain came out of a shop with medicine and waved to him phill walked towards him. Phill walked back towards the cabin beside rain. "I am not sure where they got to but i hope they find us before we leave town or it wil be difficult on them. I am glad you found the medicine shop, it seems like we are as prepared as we can be other than more food and being better rested but there's not much else."