ShadowMonster

Nalom

Bec leaned on the old woman gently, Whats the point? What hope does our dumb little group have in saving the world that might not even be possible to save?" she asked. He wanted to be optimistic, really. It was just that the events over the past few days made her doubt they could act as a team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The book David was thumbing through was a histroy of New Mesa. He just finished skimming the first chapter about how it was founded. New Mesa was created by the citizens of a smaller city to the east called Littledeb. Littledeb had strict laws about the use of magic and the way people could live. All the laws were enforced and created by a tight religious regime. Anyone caught breaking these laws were exiled into the forests. Eventually, a small village of criminals formed close by Littledeb. The city's government then began placing sanctions of the forests that surrounds the city, pushing the village of exiled people further and further east. Eventually, enough of the population was exiled that they had the population of a medium village. The city began to grow and grow under the promise of freedom from the laws of Littledeb. Soon, the citizens of the rival city began to leave, moving into the much more fun city of New Mesa. Eventually, Littledeb collapsed due to New Mesa placing an embargo on the dying city. Littledeb was downgraded to little more than a province by the time New Mesa got their own government.

That was all very interesting but one fact stuck out in his mind. The man who helped establish New Mesa as a city was named James Skinner. That was Skinner's name. David wondered if they were related.

"What's wrong, you look a little troubled.” a voice said from behind him, causing him to whirl around in surprise. It was Eskia in the green arm chair her mother was sitting in minutes before.

"Oh! Uh....nothing really. I guess your mom's prophecy spooked me." He said, replacing the book on the shelf, "That much is to be expected though. Something else was on David's mind but it wasn't really Eskia's concern. He was worried about Shane, the newest member of their group, and what he had in mind for them all. He seemed to have a brooding past that he just couldn't let go, but that could be said about six of the seven people he has met since arriving. David understood keeping secrets but not making that secret the biggest character trait you posses.

David pushed Shane out of his mind and took a seat in a wooden chair across from Eskia. David was still curious about something Ekia failed to mention.

"So do you have any idea how to stop the Grey Plague?" he asked bluntly. He wanted to get straight to the point. If she was going to be traveling with them he could get details about her life later. The Grey Plague was a matter to be addressed as soon as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slowly but surely, all of the members that arrived here with her trickled out into the yard around Ekia's cottage. Rain and Theon were discussing something around a hand made target on a stake and Phil wandered off to fight a innocent tree. The only people she had yet to see emerge were David, Skinner and Dauoa. Bec wanted to talk to David now that she had a little more insight from Ekia.

Bec would have listed the new guy with those who were absent but he strolled out shortly after. His first bit of conversation offered was not a "hello" or a "how are you", instead he opened with a challenge to fight. At first Bec was annoyed and hoped one of the guys would beat the sense out of him. Then, she thought about all the stuff Ekia told her and showed her. In the vision she found her courage and learned how to fight, why not start early? Bec hopped off the cart and turned to Ekia, "thank you for all that you have shown me. I was honestly content with living the way I have till I die. You showed me I can make an active change in my life, instead of relying on what I become" She squeezed the old woman's hand gently before turning back to Shane.

"Yeah? I'll fight you" She called to the pacing man. She was weary of the strange staff he was carrying but assumed he wouldn't be using it. Bec was, as always, unarmed and wasn't about to pick up a stick in a desperate attempt to level the playing field.

Edited by padfoot

Rain whipped his head around to look at bec. Was she crazy, she didnt know how to fight and this guy new enough to kee him alive. She could get seriously hurt, or worst.

Glancing between the two rain took a couple of steps toward bec.

"Are you sure, I didnt think you could fight." Rain met her determined eyes, set with resolve. Giving a nod rain backed up some and made his way to where theon and phill where. She she thought she could handle it then rain would let her try. If shane got two out of hand rain would step in but only if bec either asked him to or she wasnt in any condition to fight but both kept going

----

"So do you have any idea how to stop the Grey Plague?" Daivids question had caught her off guard. She had been expecting a little more of a explanation but with a prophecy like he had been given it was understandable.

"Not for certain, I've seen bits and pieces. The more recent was of a large lavender colored crystal off to the west of here. It sets off crackes of thunder and lightening, a deadly purple hue to it. When it touches the ground things die. I'm not sure exactly where its at or how to get there, or how to stop it or whats controling it." The longer she talked the more her voice lost its momentum. She felt

Inadequate sometimes, specially next to her mother. She loved her but it hurt that she couldnt control what she sees or for how long she sees something.

"But mom says you guys defeat it, whatever is causing it. So I have faith you guys will be fine, well most of you." Eskia hung her head a little, most of the solid information she had was from her mother herself. So she didnt have much to give. One thing she had seen was rains death, she didnt think her mom had seen it. She know of it but had not seen it. Eskia had had it as a dream a couple of months ago and thought that was what it was, a dream. She only drew the connections when she started seeing snippets of him again and finally when he showed up.

Phill had followed rain away from the tree and his place on the ground standing. He drew a blade and inspected it slowly. He saw the beautiful hilt and smiled as he took a few swings through the air. Phill tilted his head unsure if bec had any practice fighting but decided if she wanted to do it it was her choice. He let his tails sway behind him and he began humming. He had some training with assasination but he was mostly trained in close combat and learned from many people through his travels.

Phill stretched as he looked at theon and rain while he took his stance with his sword beside him. He knew he would have a chance at having a strength advantage but rain was slightly faster then him. He was not quite sure about theon but if he could get theon's sword away from him even if phill lost hos as well he thought he would have a good chance especially if he used his powers. "I am willing to duel as well for practice, it is great and i could use something to help me blow off some steam."

"I am willing to duel as well for practice, it is great and i could use something to help me blow off some steam." Rain turned to look at phill. He was torn because he didn't want to practice but he also want led to watch and make sure bec was ok. Choices, choices.

There was no real reason why he couldnt do both. He would just have to keep a eye on bec and this would get him loosened up incase he has to step in.

"Sure ill duel against you. Do you want me to take it easy on you." Rain plastered on a smile as he faced Phill. Hunkering low to the ground he sat on the balls of his feet waiting for phill to make the first move.

"Just one question, power usage or no. I would hate to burn you." Rain shifted his weight and wiggled his eyebrows at phill.

Shane quickly turned, spotting one of the most beautiful girls he'd ever seen. Wait, was she the one who wanted to fight? She had to be joking! Shane let out a laugh, a loud, deep one filled with surprise. "You?" Shane asked, still surprised. She looked more like a model than a fighter. "You got guts, you know." Even though Shane didn't think much of her, he already had a little respect for the girl. Not many would fight him unarmed back in Cincinnati, so this was welcome.

Shane eagerly cracked his knuckles, stepping in front of his opponent, his bigger figure casting a shadow down over her. He got in his stance, one polished by street fights and criminal assaults. Fists clenched and arms raised, Shane's dark eyes narrowed, as his smile began to fade. He was another beast in a fight, one more cruel and sadistic. He would enjoy inflicting pain on his opponent, and that was something he planned to do.

"Ready to go? I hope so." Shane said eagerly, as he began to bob up and down, moving in circles around the girl. "Go ahead, you strike first. It's the least I can do." Shane said in a mocking tone, giving one last smug grin before the fight.

Bec Glared at the man's response. It was belittling and insulting, making Bec wish she let someone else take this lug on.

"You got guts, you know." he quipped, recovering from his laughing fit he had earlier.

A smile tugged at the corner of Bec's mouth. If that impressed him, he was in for a big surprise.

"You're so easy to impress. This shouldn't be hard" she said.

"Ready to go? I hope so." the man said as he began to circle Bec in a classic fighter stance. She started to walk towards him but paused. Her hand shot to her chest and her fingers closed around the cool, silver bird. She reached behind her head and unlatched the clasp. She handed the necklace carefully to Ekia, "Keep that safe. It was a gift." she said with a smile. She turned and stepped towards Shane.

The connection with Bec and the Necklace snapped the moment she handed it over. To all observing, every blink revealed a different form. Each person watching would see different images simultaneously. Bec became flowers, a dragon, people, loved ones, a classic car, a well cooked steak dinner and the list kept going. All the forms that had been suppressed by the necklace came rushing out and it felt great. She made a mental note to remove the necklace more often.

Her random wheel of transformations finally landed on one. She didn't know who she linked with but she was shorter than her last form. Her skin was a dark olive and her hair was dyed green and shaved into a short mohawk. She was wearing a black jean jacket with the sleeves torn off. She was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans with marker doodles and names covering the thighs. Her feet here heavy with black combat boots. She squeezed her knuckles, which were tattooed with the words, "Baby Doll"

with this new form also came a new personality. Even though she didn't know who she was linked with, she liked what this form brought to the table. She didn't know how to fight but in this skin, she felt like she could. She was so confident, so badass. She raised her fists to a natural feeling scrapper stance and watched as Shane's circle grew tighter and tighter around her. She did what any normal person would do, she stuck out her foot in front of his path.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skinner confident that Daoua would be fine sleeping off his wiendigo hang over without him in the room. Skinner needed some air anyway. Skinner picked up his jacked off the back of the chair and put it on. When he reached the door jam he stopped. He looked back at Dauoa, debating shackling him to the bed frame. He decided against it. It was shown that as long as Skinner wore the locket Dauoa would remain close by. The incident earlier in the Underground was an outlying circumstance where a giant bipedal alligator attacked him and drug him off. Skinner shook his head with a scoff and walked out the door.

Skinner nodded to Eskia and Skinner who were chatting in the living room. David shot him a smile but his eyes said something else. They said, "We need to talk" and it made Skinner frown. Why would he want to talk to him? Skinner kept walking through the living room and pushed the door open that lead outside.

Outside wasn't as peaceful as expected. seems everyone paired up to fight. Was their an argument? He looked across the yard to Ekia sitting on the wagon and raised his eyebrow. Observation for a few seconds revealed to Skinner that this was not fueled by anger. They were training. Skinner stepped down off the stoop and crossed the grass to the wagon. He leaned against the side to watch,

"Thank you for helping us. I was sent to investigate your fog fence on your property. People were telling tails of ghosts and curses. Guess it's time to renew the licence, eh?" He was merely joking, of course. The city couldn't touch Ekia, she was here first.

Edited by padfoot

Phill watched as rain plastered a smile on his face. He gave a big smile of his own "thats funny considering when you went berzerk i took you out with only one touch. Maybe i should be the one taking it easy on you." Phill lowered himself as well getting into a stance that would allow him to choose multiple angles to attack from.

Phill chuckled as he shook his head and his tail swayed. He gave a low playful growl looking at rain. "No powers i guess, i would hate to end up sending you unconcious just by landing one hit which lets be honest whether its you throwing one i catch or me throwing one it would be a little off balance. Besides lets not give too much of our powers away yet." Bouncing from side to side lightly on his feet he feigned left taking a small step in that direction before leaping to the right of rain ising his sheathed sword to try and knock the dagger out of rain's hand.

"Thank you for helping us. I was sent to investigate your fog fence on your property. People were telling tails of ghosts and curses. Guess it's time to renew the licence, eh?" Ekia seen skinner come out and walked her was. He had the same gate as his father and the same way with words. His joking tone was something she had missed from James and it seemed skinner was almost just like him. It gave her a pause to smile.

"There's no need to renew if I had to, I won't be around long enough to matter. And eskia will be going with them when they leave." She looked at the different groups around the clearing. Only one wasnt doing anything.

"Why dont you join them. You could use it, or are you perhaps here for a prophecy. One for both you and him." She geusture back to the house where dauõa was asleep inside.

-----

Rain watched phill as he bounced lightly on his feet. He had a good stance, a little off balance but not bad. It made for quick movement like how he faked going left before his weight shifted to the right. The smallest movement was all rain need to dodge.

When phill lunged foward rain dropped his dagger to free that hand. Reaching forward he grabbed phills wrist and pulled him foward as rain fell into a roll around to phills back. Coming to a crouching position he smiled. Yes he had lost his dagger, but he had more andhe didnt have any intention of hurting phill.

"Come now, ill go easy but youll have to go full force. A little trick like that is easy to see through. Tell you what" pulling another dagger from a breast pocket on the inside of his shirt he flipped it in the air.

"We will raise the stakes. You can attack and for every attack I dodge I'll work on receiving you of your clothes. So if you dont want to be naked" a evil grin passed onto his face " you may want to pick it up a notch" rain figured he would enjoy himself. He remembered he and lucian only did this a couple of times before rain got better at dodging.

Phill felt what he wanted to happen happen. He was disarmed and flipped over but rain grabbed him. He grabbed rain's wrist at that time and though rain had a dagger out and was taunting phill he laughed. He knew he was stronger and rain had just gotten in close and gave him the oppurtunity to use his strength to his advantage. He pulled on rain's arm and sent him to the ground in front of him. He still had rain by the weist and his face was now above rain's with a confident smirk. "Dodging may work better for you since countering was exactly what i wanted. You may be bigger, faster, and older, but i have trained on my strength all my life on anything i could find."

Phill stood up and pulled rain to his feet as well. He chuckled and began tugging at rain"lets hug it out make sure to have a good match but bowing is not enough i mean we are friends and all." He had his other arm out pulling rain closer to him. His tails swayed slowly behind him as he had a smirk plastered on his face and a mischievious twinkle in his eyes.

Rain wasn't expecting to tumble to the ground as phill caught his waist. He would have to be more careful next time not to get to close.

As phill pulled him to his feet and pulled him closer rain settled against him.

"lets hug it out make sure to have a good match but bowing is not enough i mean we are friends and all."

Agitation at phill getting the best of him he heated up a finger and jabbed it into his side, not hard enough to hurt alot.png, but enough for phill to get take the hint.bolting away with a laugh. He felt joyful and relaxed. Bec didnt seem to in over her head and skinner had comeout a little while ago and was talking with ekia. Rain dashed out of reach and round the side of the house.

Phill had began to try and get rain into a tight hug that would comfort him but also keepvhim still. Feeling his side poked with a really hot finger he jumped slightly and watched rain back away. Phill felt relaxed at all of the seemingly calm atmosphere. He began pouncing off after rain trying to catch up but ready for a trap. Reached the corner rain went around and stopped tossing a stick in that dorectoon. He began humming while his tail swayed behind him comfortably. His ears were perked as he was trying to check and see if he could hear forrs being built just in case.

Shane was extremely surprised by the girl's sudden transformation into that of someone else, not expecting such a move, and it was enough for her first attack to slip under his guard. Shane felt his legs collide with her outstretched foot, as he stumbled a bit, nearly falling to the ground. This brought him back to focusing on the fight, as he planted his other foot into the ground, giving off a grunt as Shane pushed from the ground into a dash, extending his fist toward's his opponent.

Rain ran around the side of the build, hearing phill walking at a steady lax pace. Glancing around a small wood box and random tools were all that was back there.

Taking a running leap at the box he bounded up into the roof of the small house. Rolling up onto the roof out of sight rain stayed in his spot for a minute. The subtle crunch of dead leaves told him phill had made it to the back. He would be expecting rain to do something, now wasnt a good time to drop on him.

Crouching he speed walked to the front and jumped down before walking up to ekia. Hiding infront of her he waited. Somehow rain and phills spar had turned into a game of hide and seek. Spar when found.

Rain smiled at ekia and skinner, hoping that they would act as cover. His ears layed back to hide the peak of them over ekia rain listened for the light steps that belonged to phill.

Bec laughed and danced away when the man nearly toppled head over heels. She didn't expect that to work and it made her laugh. Maybe this guys wasn't as tough as he looked as she wouldn't get her ass handed to her. She loosely closed her hands and brought them up in front of her head for protection.

Bec was not expecting the man to charge her with his fist out like a fool. She was so caught off guard, he didn't have time to try to protect herself. She closed the gap between her arms but she wasn't quick enough. the man's fist slipped past her forearm and connected with her cheek. Bec sprawled back and landed on her but. She touched her face but her face was different. Where Shane hit her was a fist sized indent in her cheek. Her face was unblemished but was warped. She rubbed the spot where she was hit. Her face felt soft and vacant of bone, it moved like some kind of gel under the skin. In an breath, her face was back to normal with only slight discoloration and the same sensation of a bruise. Bec stood back up and spit something black on the ground, "That all you got?" She asked, putting her fists back up and giving him a few solid jabs towards the face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(((Skinner to come)))

Phill continued walking around the home curiously. He was going slow and keeping his ears perked up for any sort of noise rain could have caused. Phill could hear some small thuds that he couldn't identify from closer to the front. Phill began concentrating and he lifted a few inches off the ground. He hovered to the front awekwardly unsteady but it didn't give him away like walking did. He saw a tail tip hanging down slightly behind skinner. He dropped onto the ground and began sneaking up toward rain, following his scent while his tails swayed behind him.

Skinner's happy expression crushed when Ekia revealed that she was finally dying of old age. She seemed at peace but it still made Skinner sad. She remembered his dad introduced him to Ekia the first time they relocated to Nalom. Skinner was barely ten at that time. It seemed like a long time ago and he couldn't remember many details. He gave Ekia a half smile and sighed heavily, "I'm sorry to hear that. Are you sure you want to be alone?" he asked, worry crossing his face.

Around the time their conversation wrapped up, Rain ran around the side of the house and hid behind Ekia and the wagon. Skinner looked around for Phil and the other new face. The new guy was still where he was last time Skinner saw but Phill was no where to be found. The foxes must be playing. The changing woman just took a hard punch to the face. Wow, this guy was ruthless. She only tripped him after all. He raised an eyebrow where her face warped from the punch. It was gone so quickly he almost wasn't sure it was real. Could have been a trick of the light?

The other kitsune followed around the other side of the house and attempted to sneak around the wagon to surprise Rain. Skinner turned his attention back to Ekia, "So....do you know anything that could help the boy?" he asked, knowing she would know what he was talking about.

Shane stood back on his feet, hunching over a bit to block the girl's fast fire punches. He was definitely a lot bigger and taller, and Shane knew his reach would be enough for his next move, as the girl was too close now to really escape, unless she was a lot faster than anticipated. After taking one of the punches to the chest, Shane's arm shot out, and his hand reached for his opponents throat, as he attempted to grasp around it with his large hand.

Ekia watched rain and phill run around, they where like small children. And it made her feel young again to see them doing small things that reminded her od quieter times.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Are you sure you want to be alone?"

Turning slowly to take him in she looked him in the eyes. She truthfully didnt want to be alone and she might not be, that was something that would play its coarse. A wait and see what happens.

"No one wants to be alone in there final moments skinner, remember that. It will be useful to you. But if it was just me I would live to see your great great descendants. But i am only one part of a whole, and while I live they to live. When i die, they to will die. Not as benevolent as us as they are evil creature. They kill even each other to gain power. This my death is coming round." Turning back to the sets of people in front of her she watched as bec got a fist in the face.

"So....do you know anything that could help the boy?" His question was so veg, there were many boys here but the one he had brought in was who he cared about.

"Yes and no. This is something he may always be. Changing it because he wants it is not enough for him, he will have to want to change for someone else. But some strong counters against it can be found to the east in the blistering sands of desert Krishna. But take heed, as the beast he is, heat and fire are not his friend."

---

Rain spotted the tips of phills ears over ekia and skinners head. Taking off over to the other side of the wagon he used it as leaverage and a catapult. Tackling phill to the ground, rain rolled to his feet a few feet away from him just outside of his reach.

-----

Dauõa rolled over in the bed, the feeling of lose was enough to wake him. Something was gone, the same thing that had been gone for the last couple of days. It left a whole in him, a void that couldnt be filled.

Rolling out and onto the floor dauoa stood and walked to the curtain that closed off the entrance. The pull was coming from outside the house, skinner must have been out that way. Pulling it back he passed through, spotting david almost immediately.

Dauõa's eyes grow large as he scrambled back, tripping over something one the flood. What was he doing here, did he come to kill him off like before in the alley. Did he come to finish the job because skinner didnt.

"I'm ...im sorry david." Eyes darting around the room dauoa spotted a door he suspected lead outside. If he could make it out there maybe he could out run him. But david didnt move, he just....looked at him.

Taking that as a good sign dauõa shuffled back and twisted around till he was stand before bolting to the door.

Bec was caught off guard when Shane lashed out with his left hand and wrapped his fingers around her throat. Her surprised gasp caught in the throat for it could not get through her closed airway. She gasped and fought back against the man weakly. He was much stronger than her current form. Bec's fists bounced uselessly against the parts on him she could reach. Bec's struggle began to weaken as a black spot formed in her vision. She was fading and her mind raced with panic. What had she gotten herself into when she agreed to spar with Shane? She though it looked fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skinner frowned as Ekia explained why her death was important. It made Skinner feel a little better but he still didn't like that New Mesa was loosing their only good Mystic. Skinner couldn't fill those shoes. He sucked at precognition.

"Yes and no. This is something he may always be. Changing it because he wants it is not enough for him, he will have to want to change for someone else. But some strong counters against it can be found to the east in the blistering sands of desert Krishna. But take heed, as the beast he is, heat and fire are not his friend." Ekia explained sadly.

Krishna eh? Skinner had never traveled that far and was unsure what was even out that way or what kind of creatures lived among the sand. If it could help Daoua he was willing to try. Skinner ground his teeth when Bec was grabbed by the throat. As he expected, Shane took things too far. Skinner's hand tightened around the handle of the wooden spoon in his jacket pocket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David raised an eyebrow when Daoua came out of the back room. It was amazing that Skinner let him wander around on his own after seeing what they saw the night he hired him. David could not spot the mask he usually had with him though. Skinner must have it and that's why he can leave Dauoa unsupervised. David still didn't like it though. How could he protect the others from a killer if the killer wasn't a killer all the time. Considering this was the man that beat up David twice for saying the wrong thing, Skinner would kill him right back for messing with his patient.

truth was that despite Skinner's age and attitude, He scared David a lot. It was unsettling how he could go from a caring doctor to a sadistic wizard in a matter of a few words. Dauoa squeaked an apology from his place by the door that confused David. Why was he sorry? He hadn't seen him since he shot him in the alley. If anyone should say sorry it should be him.

"Uh....don't worry about it, man" he said, still unsure what the problem was.

Edited by padfoot

A cruel, sadistic grin formed at Shane's mouth as his hand grasped tightly around the girl's throat. Immense feelings of power, dominance, and pleasure gave Shane evil glee, as he watched the life begin to drain from the girl's eyes. It was too late now for him to stop, once he inflicted pain, Shane would have to be forced by another person to stop, which is exactly what he wanted someone to do. As he waited for someone to jump in and interfere, Shane tightened his grip, reaching in with his other hand to get a nice two handed squeeze on the poor girl's neck. If no one jumped in and ended it immediately, Shane was probably going to kill the shapeshifter, and not blink twice in regret or anything.

(cue someone rescue?)

Rain heard the gasps coming from bec a few feet away. Glancing up shane had his hands wrapped around her throat, cutting oxygen to her lungs. Rain saw red and flew up off of phill.

Not a thought passed through rains head as he flung himself at shane full force. Rapping his legsa around his waist and his arms around his neck. Lighting himself up rain pulled back knocking shane off balance.

"I should kill you. I let you join us because your human and it seemed like a good idea. Well you've proved me wrong "

Jerking shane to the side rain fumbled and through him to the ground.

Shane hit the ground with a shattering crash, all 220 something pounds of him. For such a small creature, the first sentient one he met for that matter, the beast had some strength. Shane was quick to jump back on his feet, his sadistic pleasure turned to anger. This fox thing had interfered with his enjoyment AND tested his dominance. That was a no-no for ol' Shane. Although he was above average at best in fighting barehanded, Shane was very strong, and his blows had some major knockdown power. But could he land a big hit on the quick and nimble kitsune? Shane would soon find out, as he threw out a tremendous straight-legged kick with his long right leg.

Rain scrambled up from the ground and stood infront of shane. He hadnt been expecting shane to kick out almost as soon as he had gotten up. The kick sent rain back a little, it would leave a bad bruise. Air didnt seem to want to find its way into him as he exhaled from it.

Grabbing the leg that connected nicely with his stomach rain twisted it as he sank claws into the ankle. A snap sounded as the joint popped outof place. Rain had been prepared for that but not for the fist that came out of no where and connected with his face.

Rain flew back and landed on his side, a split lip and broken nose dripping blood. Standing again rain wiped it away and bent his knees going into a fighting stance.

Glancing back to bec he noticed her choking a spitting but breathing again.

"Bec you ok?"

Shane recoiled back, his leg bent awkwardly by the kitsune, who he had sent flying with a big strike. Leaning on a tree, he prepared to do something that'd hurt like hell, but it would have to be done, he'd have to relocate his dislocated joint. Gritting his teeth as he grabbed his leg, he began to slowly twist it back the right way, as he bit through the pain with closed eyes, before he heard a sickening crunch, as it snapped back into a normal position. It would be sore, that was without a doubt, not to mention the bleeding from the claw marks. Though he had been dealt greater wounds than ever taken in a fistfight, Shane wouldn't quit until he proved his dominance, as he rushed back into the fray, intending to use his large size and strength to his biggest advantage, attempting to wrestle the quick kitsune into a pin on the forest floor.

Cravis aerie

Skinner shouted with his wooden spoon aimed at Shane. There was a slight thrum of energy in the area around Shane. Without warning, gravity began to pull on the man much harder than those around him. Skinner was using a gravity well to trap him in place. Skinner had noticed the look in his eye and recognized it from many bar fights Skinner had been involved it. It was a look of pure blood lust. He had seen enough. With Him almost strangling Bec and then attacking Rain when trying to stop him was too much. Skinner finally felt the need to step in. He excused himself from Ekia's side and crossed the yard to stand next to Rain's prone form. He was still holding his wooden spoon and keeping an eye on Shane, "That's enough. Take a walk, friend", Skinner said non-threateningly and bent down to check on Bec and Rain, "fights over".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bec gasped for air in the grass. The spots in her vision were clearing and she became aware that she was laying on the ground. She must have blacked out. She tried to cry out when Shane clobbered Rain in the nose and sent him sprawling in the grass next to her She broke down into a coughing fit when she tried to shout. She was grateful when the magic man stepped in and did soemthing to stop him from coming. She was sure he would kill them if no one stopped him.

Bec shifted in the grass while Rain attacked Shane. She was now in the body of the white haired little boy he first met Phil and Rain in. He slowly sat up and looked warily at Shane frozen in the grass.

"Bec you ok?" Rain asked from beside him. Bec looked down at his bleeding face with misty eyes and nodded. the lump in his throat prevented him from speaking. He just wanted to run away and not have to see the man ever again. He did not move though. He was no longer going to run. even if this man scared her.

Edited by padfoot