scoutbun

What should you be doing right now?

Printing bank statements for reimbursements from my late mother's estate. 

Since I am dealing with a lawyer for the probate part, and I am not meeting with him today, it can wait. 

I spent most of Sunday sorting thru and matching checks to bills and making a copy for the lawyer, so just my personal bank statements need printing.

I also should be getting my records ready to file for Social Security, but that would mean going thru the paperwork upstairs in the condo, which I don't want to deal with right now.. Out of sight, out of mind. I don't have visitors go up into the bedrooms, as I still have unpacking to do and it is cluttered.

------------

So, instead of that, I am playing Fish World and Dragon Cave, and I am hatching the eggs that I grabbed from the AP just to toss them back as hatchlings. I split screen my computer so I can multitask. While drinking too much coffee.

I should be eating, but instead I am doing my nails.

I am halfway done with my nails, but I am getting tired of filing.

I put on nail tips and the gel stuff. I am not going to polish them until tomorrow.

They are only about 1/3 to 1/2 inch longer than my real nails.

I haven't done my nails in years, as I was working.  Now that I am retired, I am doing a lot more for me.

It may sound silly, but pretty nails make me feel younger than my 62 years. I feel like 59 again!

I should be working on the intro post to a group rp I'm hosting.  I'm only half way done and I promised it would be done some time tomorrow 😰

Reading. I bought a copy of Hidden Figures at a tag sale today.

Instead I am sore from laughter. My next door neighbor came over.

There was a family fun festival in our town today, and he had volunteered to be in the dunk tank. This was all set up as a fundraiser for the oncology department at a local hospital.

I went and spent $20 to dunk him. $1 a ball.

I got him in 4 tries, as I am awful at tossing a ball. Then I let somebody else (a 12 year old kid) finish throwing the balls.

He got him 4 or 5 times with the remaining shots.

I didn't stay long at the festival, as I really only went to be a shill, which is really what stuff like that needs.

Some people won't play because they are lousy shots, but when they see others miss and perhaps hit the target, they are willing to try.  

Others start to get really into the whole joy of the event and will try. After all it is a fundraiser.

He got dunked a lot. A real lot. He was in the tank for several hours, as he was one of only 2 people who volunteered to be in the tank.

So, my neighbor is exhausted and really sore. Sore at me too. Lol, I have been warned about karma.

He is a great guy and a good sport.

-----------

I did this a few weeks earlier as well. A local Dunkin' Donuts was having a dunk tank and I paid $20 to dunk a politician, and after I dunked him, gave the remaining tries to one of his friends. Then, when I left later, the politician and his friend were donating money to dunk each other.   The money went to our local soup kitchen.

Best part is that there was a ceremony where there were a bunch of politicians posing for photos, but Jack was the only one who stuck around and opened his wallet. Good guy. I vote for him every time he runs.

----------------

In between my random fits of giggles at the whole thing, I will start on my book.

I should be finishing my class project, but I'm playing pokemon and surfing DC.

I need to be sleeping. It's after 3 AM, but got lost in the new Legend of Zelda game, and was having too much fun.

Decorating, but I'm afraid it's had its pound of flesh off me for today.  Note to self - you're too old to be doing theses jobs now!

I should be getting ready for work...instead I am checking dragons and reading the Forum...LOL!!

I don't know - but whatever it is, I'm here and not doing it....

Finishing a character ref sheet, eating (I'm pretty hungry actually), getting groceries, reading my newest book. What I'm currently doing: none of these

I should be finishing some artwork and signing onto Sky: Children of the Light to meet my partner for the daily quests... but instead I am messing around on my phone, having no idea what I am doing.

Edited by StarKaabi
This entire post wound up in bold text and I haven’t the slightest idea how or why it is refusing to be undone... so now it is italic instead. At least I don’t look like I’m shouting this way...?

I have some spreadsheets I need to be updating here at work, as well as some people I need to be trying to call, but I'm just ready to go home and I'm always so anxious with phones. I hate calling people, lol.

Painting my neighbour's shed!  I took part of a wall down that many moons ago was the side of a coal house for both properties.  I told my neighbour that I'd get the wood treatment to protect his shed from the elements at my side, and since then we've had nothing but rain.  Today, I got the first coat of primer on.  I strongly suspect I could've managed two but  - look at that dark cloud!