TJ09

2016-10-31 - Happy Halloween

*Edit* Including the new dragon, I've caught 54 Halloween eggs so far! ohmy.gif

WOW thanks for the idea - including those I bred for my lineages, I have (so far) ended up with 63. AWESOME xd.png (and one new zombie.)

This is the last year I bred all my Haloweens. Next year I'll only breed my projects/requests and trades.

TBH I worry that the issue isn't so much too many eggs being bred as that a lot fewer people are picking them up this year than last. There's been discussion all year that the game seemed quieter and at first I thought it was illusory, or temporary if real, but I expected to see a lot more activity in my hatcheries once the holidays came and it's been very distressing to see things be so slow. I've been forced to use two hatcheries even on ER eggs when once EATW would blast an ER egg open within minutes by itself. It's a little sad. I wonder what happened. Did that many people really leave over not having a raffle? Or is it something else?

I didn't even breed close to all of my Halloweens, because I got distracted by IRL and ran out of time, but I don't think I will next year either if things remain this slow or slow down even more.

On the other hand, I can't deny that I've been gleefully glutting myself on as many as I can get ahold of. I don't have any Aeons so I can't and don't worry about gender at this point. Just snatching as many G2s and other stuff I like as I can.

Edited by Lurhstaap

EATW isn't as fast as it used to be - I'm finding Evina's does better for ERing these days....

I've been getting as many Halloweens as possible, but I ran out of freezing spots and I need to wait for my hatchlings to grow up to get more. ;-; Is there a reason there's a limit on freezing actions? (Sorry, I'm a newbie (kinda).)

I'd grab more eggs now, but...influencing is impossible with low time. And I'm out of aeons for pre-cog too.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/wEJxd

2g gold from male witchlight

man the male witchlight pose and female gold pose are perfect for each other imo plus those colours are amazing

shame im probably gonna give this egg away

Ahhh, I want a gold so bad xd.png And yeah, the sprites are amazing ;o;

Why're you gonna give it away? o-o

Influenced, precog, or gendered wrong, I just want more. I find that with only one exception, I love the Halloween dragons better than any. If I had more slots, I'd grab more.

Ahhh, I want a gold so bad xd.png And yeah, the sprites are amazing ;o;

Why're you gonna give it away? o-o

because i prefer cb dragons over bred ones. if i were to make a checker lineage out of this it would be after i complete all my scroll goals for cb dragons which would probably take over a year. so why not give away these pretties for other people to enjoy as they'll just be sitting around on my scroll doing nothing for a long period of time.

and yeah i got a really wonderful trade for my two golds. im really happy my female produced an egg instead of refusing

I have three hatchlings growing up within an hour. I'll be grabbing more of these AP eggs.. I hate to see eggs die. Hopefully I can catch some messy eggs from the AP to freeze.

Influenced, precog, or gendered wrong, I just want more. I find that with only one exception, I love the Halloween dragons better than any. If I had more slots, I'd grab more.

I agree. I rescued 12 more 'Weenies from the low-time AP & will go back for 2 more in 2 hours. I'm not even worried that the (precoged) majority will gender wrong, I just want more. I miss the time when I didn't concern myself with prettiness & just concentrated on collecting as much as I could. I can turn all the misgenders into perfectly nice spirals. I'm rediscovering a wonderful lack of stress with that thought. Maybe later I'll tally up my total haul, after 5+ AP trips, several frozens & 16 new witchlights, I might scare myself at the number!

Thank you to those who abandoned and I'm glad that I was able to do some trading for them.

I think next year I will definitely abandon some so that there will be more love to spread around.

Lowering multiclutches of old holidays may help, but I find that a rather unpleasant last resort. Taking away one of the few unique perks of holiday breeding seems like it should be Plan Z.

Actually, many of the Halloweens I bred produced only 2 eggs instead of 3 or 4, so maybe some kind of regulation is already in place?

Obviously some holidays are going to die because there are just too many and not enough room to grab them all, which is fine in some regards, but having an AP backlog last a week is a bit excessive. It's usually a lot worse when it comes to Christmas too, thinking back to previous years.

Maybe adding a day before sending eggs to the AP wasn't such a bad idea...

But think about the flip side. Yea, right now it's sad because the eggs are below influence level, but back during the frantic breeding week the eggs in the AP were up to a day lower in time than they would have been previously. The eggs rather quickly started dropping below 7 days, while before they would only get below 7 days once they reached 6 days in reality. This would have contributed to the increased numbers of holidays AP hunters could raise, since an egg that starts a day lower is going to be an adult a day earlier. So it very well could be that the AP would be in an even worse state of backlog if the added day was still in place, as counter-intuitive as that may seem at first.

Please no... There were and are extremely good reasons (including the one referenced by Pokemonfan) to get rid of the added day.

I'm not sure instead why people keep breeding their Halloweens once the new release starts...

well its their dragons their choice to breed. maybe they forgot to breed earlier or decided to wait until halloween to breed as a way to celebrate halloween

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am SO locked..... THREE HOURS - they'll be gone by then, then sad.gif

YOOOOOO

I'm locked but I screamed at my brother to log on to his account and I'm screaming over his shoulder to click this and that and I'll trade him some things I catch once I'm not longer locked xd.png

Edit: things not thugs oooops xd.png

Edited by Clya