TJ09

2016-10-31 - Happy Halloween

Everyone is getting adults, and mine won't grow up for another 7 hours. *pokes them*

This wall is kind of ridiculous. I mean, it's nice that people are able to grab some extras after Halloween has ended, but it's the 5th. Time for Halloween to go bye-bye.

There's only so much space. laugh.gif I'm trying to hatch and give away dragons to relieve it, but I'm low on space as it is.

i wish we could rescue more eggs. i'd hate to see them die sad.gif maybe i'll manage to get a few more tomorrow, when the rest of my witchlights grow up.

i'm pretty happy that i got as many as i did, a total of 34 shadow walkers (my favourites), and only the last two of unknown gender. i'm going to breed heaps of aeons in time for the next holiday season.

I agree w/ all of this. I'd like to be able to have scroll limits of 8 eggs/24 total hatchies and eggs.

All but four of mine have grown and one refuses to gender.

Awww! It's really too bad that there's not enough time now to Influence and I'm' running out of the Precognition beasties!

I know. I'm locked with hatchies, which I love, but seeing all of these Halloween eggs still sitting there is really testing my sanity. lol.

Out of curiosity I just counted mine and then double checked and the number still rounded out as 50. ...I think that may be a record for me. blink.gif

Even if I can't grab anymore by the time my babies grow up I'll still be happy. I caught so many great lineages and a fair few I can continue and even some I had been hunting for, so this Halloween was a huge success. I can only hope for the same luck this Christmas. happy.gif

OOoooh

I counted mine too

I have 48 right now...hopefully I can get more.

----

The saddest thing is that right now I have at least 2 dragons that won't be gendering right ;/

Seven of my witchlights grew up during the night, five more will grow by this evening, & the last four don't grow up till tomorrow. I'm on my 5th tour of the AP now, grabbing whatever I can. Some of my finds will be fine as either gender, the messies are joining the frozens. I love still being able to pick up Halloween eggs!

Well, I'll need to wait another 12 hours for my first witchlights to grow up, but in the mean time I've saved 14 other Halloween dragons from the AP. If any are left, when my Witchlights start to grow up, I'll pick up some more. I'd hate to see them die because just because they're in the AP. smile.gif

I can definitely see it happening. Perhaps, its time for the scroll limits to be updated. Such a shame to sit with locked scroll and see all those low time eggs go by.

Yeah, if anything maybe TJ will increase scroll limits for holidays, especially Halloween

I too am surprised that the holiday wall is still there. No telling how many eggs have died behind it. Oh well, I think it's fun trying to find the bottom of it!

I didn't even breed all my Halloweens this year. Glad I didn't since the AP is still clogged with ones from people who did breed them.

I think this event is about going to double my total number of Halloween dragons.

My little witch lights gendered .u.

I forgot you can't influence if under 3 days

There's always the "hatchie didn't gender right" thread....

I too am surprised that the holiday wall is still there. No telling how many eggs have died behind it. Oh well, I think it's fun trying to find the bottom of it!

I had that thought yesterday morning, and went to check the graveyard. Lots of eggs from Nov, but didn't see any that were left in ap with a 7day death chart/numbers on their page.

And I too forgot to breed any of my hallows.

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

I definitely think we're going to need more egg slots and limits. This coming December there will be nine Christmas dragon breeds going into the AP; since a lot of people won't be catching Hollies right off the bat, they'll probably collect six eggs and keep the seventh open for Holly hunting. Only collecting one egg for six out of nine breeds during the initial rush is going to mean a whole lot of eggs in backlog while people wait 2-3 days to hatch. I imagine certain breeds, like Snow Angels and Yulebucks, are going to be permanent clogs in the AP because people just don't have the space to collect older breeds anymore. Whereas messy lineages used to get picked up as well in the past, for freezing or just to have more pretty sprites on your scroll, people are going to be a lot more strict with what takes up precious egg space.

I can only see this getting worse =P I love being able to collect so many halloweens right now, but it's a symptom of a soon to be much bigger holiday issue.

Well, I'll need to wait another 12 hours for my first witchlights to grow up, but in the mean time I've saved 14 other Halloween dragons from the AP. If any are left, when my Witchlights start to grow up, I'll pick up some more. I'd hate to see them die because just because they're in the AP. smile.gif

I wanted to pick more up but I've got a limited # of aeons and the eggs can't be influenced...so it's just becomes a gender lottery that I have to wait like 2 days before I can see the genders.

I definitely think we're going to need more egg slots and limits. This coming December there will be nine Christmas dragon breeds going into the AP; since a lot of people won't be catching Hollies right off the bat, they'll probably collect six eggs and keep the seventh open for Holly hunting. Only collecting one egg for six out of nine breeds during the initial rush is going to mean a whole lot of eggs in backlog while people wait 2-3 days to hatch. I imagine certain breeds, like Snow Angels and Yulebucks, are going to be permanent clogs in the AP because people just don't have the space to collect older breeds anymore. Whereas messy lineages used to get picked up as well in the past, for freezing or just to have more pretty sprites on your scroll, people are going to be a lot more strict with what takes up precious egg space.

I can only see this getting worse =P I love being able to collect so many halloweens right now, but it's a symptom of a soon to be much bigger holiday issue.

There'll always be the newer members like me who'll pick up the old breeds tongue.gif

I doubt more eggslots will solve the problem. It will make it worse, because people have more room for eggs to grab and thus will breed more eggs the next year. And so on, and so on.

This year I didn't breed all my Halloween dragons, and seeing the AP still full, I decided in the future not to breed all of my holiday dragons anymore. Maybe only those from last year because I like them to have at least one offspring or I only breed the CBs.

You can't really tell people how to breed their dragons, so maybe reduce the multiclutches for older breeds or according to ratios?

Edited by Idril

I doubt more eggslots will solve the problem. It will make it worse, because people have more room for eggs to grab and thus will breed more eggs the next year. And so on, and so on.

This year I didn't breed all my Halloween dragons, and seeing the AP still full, in the future I decided not to breed all of my holiday dragons anymore. Maybe only those from last year because I like them to have at least one offspring or I only breed the CBs.

You can't really tell people how to breed their dragons, so maybe reduce the multiclutches for older breeds or according to ratios?

That's a good point for sure... Ratios or multiclutches difference. What about maybe adding more freeze slots, even just during holidays or of holiday breeds only? I still haven't frozen all I wanted to for sprite collection, and definitely would have got rid of some AP eggs through freezing.

My first Witchlights don't grow up for another eleven hours or so... HURRY UP I NEED TO SAVE SOME AP EGGS. sad.gif

I don't see how being able to pick up one or two (or nine) more eggs will make the problem worse. I doubt all of those being picked up will be bred next year, especially if they're messy or going to be frozen. Especially especially since many people will want to freeze in order to make more room to collect more. Holiday dragons are going to exponentially increase every year regardless, and I'm of the opinion that having oodles of holidays actually decreases one's desire to breed them all. Just too many lineages and mates and pairs to pay attention to. Not that it's hard to just go down the list and mass breed.

Lowering multiclutches of old holidays may help, but I find that a rather unpleasant last resort. Taking away one of the few unique perks of holiday breeding seems like it should be Plan Z.

Obviously some holidays are going to die because there are just too many and not enough room to grab them all, which is fine in some regards, but having an AP backlog last a week is a bit excessive. It's usually a lot worse when it comes to Christmas too, thinking back to previous years.

I still think if we were able to influence them now, they would be picked up.

I unlocked this morning and had to use precognition on a lot ( which i Now ran out of) and i tossed back the ones that would gender wrong, ones i would have normally kept and hatched so i could take more.

Has anyone seen one of these new Halloween dragons on the AP yet..? I've been refreshing for at least an hour now, and also for a while earlier today, but not a single one..

I don't remember it being so hard to catch earlier Halloween releases..

Lowering multiclutches of old holidays may help, but I find that a rather unpleasant last resort. Taking away one of the few unique perks of holiday breeding seems like it should be Plan Z.

So very much this. I am getting a shedload of lovely stuff, and I want more !

@ spirit - yes, several, though I didn't catch any of them

Edited by fuzzbucket

Just tried using the Aeon BSA for the first time, and it says one my 2nd Marrow eggs will be female, so until time will tell if it's correct ^^; "Your dragon uses the power of time magic to create an illusion of the future, revealing that this egg will be female, though its future may still be influenced." Also, I'm locked again xd.png

*Edit* Including the new dragon, I've caught 54 Halloween eggs so far! ohmy.gif

Edited by FluffyPillow