Moonlight_Eevee

Team Contagion

I've officially switched sides since noticing this possible glitch. Go Team Contagion!!! wink.gif

I said this on the cure thread, but would it be possible for it to be the way the game works at the end? Maybe if the virus doesn't win, then the cure bar just builds until everything is cured in order to end the event.

I said this on the cure thread, but would it be possible for it to be the way the game works at the end? Maybe if the virus doesn't win, then the cure bar just builds until everything is cured in order to end the event.

But we were (albeit slightly) in the lead before that sudden massive drop. If that were the case, wouldn't we have gotten a massive boost instead?

I dunno. I've lost any motivation to continue this game further. First the 0 zombies now this. Happy Halloween I guess.

Honestly, the game is just for fun, anyway, and there wouldn't be actual effects on gameplay no matter who won. If you're having fun playing minesweeper, then you're having fun playing minesweeper.

Besides, if you just give up, then contagion will definitely lose. ;3

Thanks Shokomon, thanks littleironhorse. your good sportsmanship is appreciated. I have enjoyed the silly banter and tug of wars too. I hope this gets resolved so we can continue our worthy competition. smile.gif

*gives ironhorse a little green bug hat and sticker* welcome to the team. we have chocolates and apple cobbler.

I dunno. I've lost any motivation to continue this game further. First the 0 zombies now this. Happy Halloween I guess.

Hey! Don't give up smile.gif

Play it for fun and help your team if you wish. If we win think of how cool it will be! Plus if there is some kind of special dialogue at the end, wouldn't you like to see ours if we won? Or see cure's knowing that we, you, gave it your all?

I feel ya on the Zombies, but don't let the game and the zombies take away your Halloween fun!

We had the lead, I'm sure we can get it back up and fight for it!

(I may not be able to focus on Minesweeper, but my enthusiasm and pep talking can help here xd.png)

Ohhh, so all along we did have a natural boost. Wow. There are much fewer spread users than I thought then. O.O

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Welp, that's it. Final nail in the coffin.

Done with this game, there's no hope. Already been having a crappy day, glad to see it's not letting up. I'm off to Youtube.

Thanks for dashing my last hope I had today.

Edited by FlyingDragona

I call that TJ cheating sad.gif

Why? It's not his fault that the vast majority of users have chosen to cure. The meter right now is actually really representative of who chose what. The game could have been very boring this week if spread hadn't been getting artificial help.

While I have been spreading, I don't see the issue with users controlling the bar on the last day and the win being purely user-driven, even if it is not the side I am on.

All that artificial help did was give us a false hope and made us think like what we were doing actually mattered. This is utterly humiliating. Before we knew we were getting help, it actually felt like a contest. Now it's just a foregone conclusion. There's no fun in that.

Edited by FlyingDragona

All that artificial help did was give us a false hope and made us think like what we were doing actually mattered. This is utterly humiliating.

I'm sorry, I'm just really not understanding why.

This game would have been 0 fun if one side or the other had just taken over from day 1. Then there really wouldn't have been any motivation to play and have fun.

And, again, the bar is pretty representative of the amount of users that chose each side. Why be humiliated just because you picked the less popular side? It's not like the spread side has been sitting here doing nothing, expecting to win for free - people were playing and trying.

Asides that, the mini-game and event has absolutely no bearing on actual gameplay. If you're not having fun with it, that's fine: not everyone will be into all the events. But if you were having fun with it, try not to let this get you down. In the end, one side was probably going to win over the other, anyway. One side has to lose. Let's be graceful losers. Because at least we had fun getting there. =)

I'm sorry, I'm just really not understanding why.

This game would have been 0 fun if one side or the other had just taken over from day 1. Then there really wouldn't have been any motivation to play and have fun.

And, again, the bar is pretty representative of the amount of users that chose each side. Why be humiliated just because you picked the less popular side? It's not like the spread side has been sitting here doing nothing, expecting to win for free - people were playing and trying.

Asides that, the mini-game and event has absolutely no bearing on actual gameplay. If you're not having fun with it, that's fine: not everyone will be into all the events. But if you were having fun with it, try not to let this get you down. In the end, one side was probably going to win over the other, anyway. One side has to lose. Let's be graceful losers. Because at least we had fun getting there. =)

Even being on the winning side, I feel humiliated by this.

The bar wasn't representative at all of the effort both teams made.

I see what FlyingDragona means...it's humiliating because we didn't know we were getting a boost and we actually thought we were equal contenders against the Cure side. Now that that's gone, it's obvious we've been on the losing side this whole time. However, you're right as well. We don't have to be sore losers about it. It's no one's fault that most players chose the Cure side from the getgo. I just would've liked to have known about it from the beginning is all. Still, we can hold our head up high knowing we put in our all. (Although I personally feel if we never had the boost people would continue to try harder anyways...there's something to be said for rooting for the underdogs to win!).

Even I'm a tad bit disappointed.

I'm one of the ones from day 1 on Team Contagion. Now that I know that we're not going to win without help, there's no point in playing anymore

Explanation!

The bar was set up such that if no one did anything, spread would naturally win (i.e. spread got free contributions). For the final day, that artificial help falls off, so what you're seeing is the actual user score.

Hmm...

Well I can sort of see the logic in that. In the sense that when a new disease enters a population group, the early spread is always faster until an effective cure is found.

But I would have appreciated knowing this from the start. I think it would have influenced many players' approach to the game.

Oh well, it's just a game! wink.gif

Even being on the winning side, I feel humiliated by this.

The bar wasn't representative at all of the effort both teams made.

I would have been a whole lot more disappointed for cure to have won day 1 and to spent the whole week looking at an unmoving, unwinnable bar. JMHO

I call that TJ cheating sad.gif

I agree with this.

It doesn't feel good to find out that what we thought was us doing a good job was actually the system giving us a freebie.

Quick edit:

I want to note that it's not the loss I'm sore about. It's the fact that the way the game is set up is proving to us that we never had a chance to begin with.

It's not TJ's fault that Spread was the less popular side, no, but the way that the game works just feels... cheap? The only way we could have won was if the system was helping us, and that's no kind of victory.

Edited by Kiryu

I think the best thing to come out of this whole thing is that those who never played minesweeper before got to experience it. Kids these days, growin' up without experiencing the banality of the same 4 games every computer came with.

Now let's see some dragon solitaire, dragon mahjong, and dragon-space-cadet pinball for next year.

I admit it was a bit of a letdown, but it was still a fun experience (and yes I did learn how to play minesweeper xd.png). At least people from the Cure side have been good sports, and the playful banter was quite entertaining. I'll go down fighting! >:D

We're not going to win at this rate. There seems to be a ridiculous surplus for Team Cure. But the real question, would it have mattered anyway? The illness would have gone away so I don't get why people were so very bothered that they didn't like the green goo. At the end of the event, it still would have gone away regardless if Contagion won

I would have been a whole lot more disappointed for cure to have won day 1 and to spent the whole week looking at an unmoving, unwinnable bar. JMHO

It would have given us motivation to work harder and see actual impact of our actions. Whatever, its over.

But for the love of god, whatever you do, don't introduce dragon solitaire. That will be the end of me.

And I too. But I wasn't really playing germ-sweeper just so cure could dominate the playing field. It was the close competition that kept me playing and submitting wins.