MyaMouse

YAAD OOC

But, Antareans don't have tail barbs???

Yeah, that's why I'm asking ^^"

I'm pretty sure there will be parts where the lore is ignored.

I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of parts where the lore is ignored.

Ohh, that's what I thought at first, but the tail spike thing had me thinking Cassare. Though Antareans might have tail barbs? Their tail seems to extend past the feathers/fur.

Working on a post, but islts slow cause I'm at work

Oh! I do have a legitimate reason for giving Kayla a tail barb; I had messaged the original creator about it, along with some questions about how Antareans actually work. I'm not allowed to release any of the answers because the encyclopedia page for Antareans is being written right now, so I'm hoping it's finished soon so I can blurt out what I know; but I was given the go-ahead about hinting at these things in the roleplay. A little fun, mostly sucky... But yeah, I do have a reason for the tail barb. (I'm probably going to end up habitually checking the Dragonopedia now so I know when it's updated. xd.pngReally don't like keeping confidential things...)

Phew...I'm almost done. I hope I get everything right in this intro post...I'm so excited, though!

EDIT: I can't finish up my part of the post with the transformation yet. I have to reread where everyone is in the cave and such (there's...two caves???) and I'm being called away. My dragon will be a Sunsong Amphiptere, if that's fine.

Edited by Sugar-Free

*sigh* I'm probably not gonna be able to post this afternoon, or today at all. I'm having tons of trouble coming up with new material. I'll try to post sometime this weekend. I don't know if I'll be able to though.

I'm really sorry.

Edited by Geometry Dash YouNoob

I'm sorry for double posting here but I have some questions I didn't want to edit into my last post and go unseen.

Are we playing with the assumption that every dragon naturally breathes fire unless otherwise stated in their lore? Or is there some other mechanic we'll be using?

Also, how much are we going to stick to DC lore? Will there be instances where the lore is mostly ignored or are we sticking to it completely with no leniency?

I want to stick to the lore as much as possible, but where there's not lore, we'll have to establish something on our own. So yeah, if the lore does not state otherwise, dragons breathe fire.

@Sugar There's one large cave, with numerous tunnels. One of these tunnels leads to the lake.

I want to stick to the lore as much as possible, but where there's not lore, we'll have to establish something on our own. So yeah, if the lore does not state otherwise, dragons breathe fire.

@Sugar There's one large cave, with numerous tunnels. One of these tunnels leads to the lake.

Okay, thanks for clarifying! Is the lake still inside the cave or does that tunnel lead outside?

Hmm I've been running under the assumption that the lake is in the same 'room' as the others since, when I looked up images of caverns, the majority of them were dominated by an underground lake. It's why I've been watching everyone else's dragons, why Silver noticed me and Valst, and why Pager approached me and Valst.

Oh, I thought it was described as being at the end of the largest tunnel?

You woke up...

The location of waking may change, depending on the amount of new players, if our main group split, ect. At the start of this roleplay, our heroes will find themselves in a large underground cavern. It would be dark if not for the abundance of mana crystals all around. The entire ceiling is covered in these crystals. Small tunnels lead off to other parts of the cave, perhaps even outside. The largest of these tunnels leads to an underground lake. It's very cold, very deep and makes your scales/skin/fur feel nice and smooth. But it may not be a good idea to drink it; it's clean, but with very high levels of limestone. There are a few springs that are safe to drink.

I added bold to the sentence to make it more noticeable.

Oh dang it. What about a small spring? They're mentioned at the end there.

EDIT: Wait, beiningtian. Shadow Walkers have four legs, a grey body, and no horns. So...????

Edited by Narvix

Uhh... exactly how does telepathy work? Like is thinking the words you want someone to hear and focusing on them. Or...?

Well, for our heroes, basically everything they think is being broadcasted unless they're being trained by their friends (in which case most things will be accidentally broadcasted.) Telepathy will be the first thing to grasp, no worries.

Hmm... I was planning to have End teach Dusky, hence the question. I can do it offscreen and post some subplot characters instead.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

yo yo yo, miss White Knight! Have a nickname you'd prefer? I'm Mouse!

I do like your post, but know this- the reaper boy isn't really a reaper. He's just a human that looks like a reaper. He's less predatory and more just dickish. There is also a magi dragon and a woman who help him turn people, though the girl normally sticks to the background.

Edited by MyaMouse

Hey Mouse! You can call me MWK or Lily, whichever you prefer.

I totally didn't get the whole deal, so I'll keep that for the next time we talk about it. From Minnie's view, all she knows is some creepy guy with a scythe came into her shop and said he needed her, freaked her out, and knocked her unconscious. (so hopefully that works with what people will tell her about him?)

How are you doing?

Hey Mouse! You can call me MWK or Lily, whichever you prefer.

I totally didn't get the whole deal, so I'll keep that for the next time we talk about it. From Minnie's view, all she knows is some creepy guy with a scythe came into her shop and said he needed her, freaked her out, and knocked her unconscious. (so hopefully that works with what people will tell her about him?)

How are you doing?

i'm good, thanks! taking way too long to write this post. i'm only reusing an old one, dammit, why is it taking three years?!

'I gape at him, scandalous thoughts sweeping through my mind'

okay i think scandalous is the wrong word here ^^' maybe terrifying? horrible? no offense, but just... scandalous isn't what you'd use there.

also, we're in an underground cavern, so unless I misinterpreted your post, you're in the wrong place.

if you need to change anything, there's an edit button in the top right of your post if you didn't know.

*is critiquing for literally no reason*

but i dunno. everything is esko's call in the end. tongue.gif

edit: fml color tags why you do this

Edited by MyaMouse

i'm good, thanks! taking way too long to write this post. i'm only reusing an old one, dammit, why is it taking three years?!

'I gape at him, scandalous thoughts sweeping through my mind'

okay i think scandalous is the wrong word here ^^' maybe terrifying? horrible? no offense, but just... scandalous isn't what you'd use there.

also, we're in an underground cavern, so unless I misinterpreted your post, you're in the wrong place.

if you need to change anything, there's an edit button in the top right of your post if you didn't know.

*is critiquing for literally no reason*

but i dunno. everything is esko's call in the end. tongue.gif

edit: fml color tags why you do this

Life hates me today. >.>

I get where you're coming from on the critique. I wrote it that way since her first thought isn't 'hey they want to kill me,' it's more 'hey they are here to either rob me or somehow hurt me.' I guess I could have written it better/clearer.

Because bbcode hates us all today.

Edited by MyWhiteKnight

EDIT: Wait, beiningtian. Shadow Walkers have four legs, a grey body, and no horns. So...????

The "raised arms" thing was actually referring to wings, oops.

...The horns and grey I didn't know. Thought they were white but transparency and so those are actually ears. :/

Also, welcome, MWK!

Do note that apparently Harley... Well, this random girl, I suppose, is apparently supposed to save you from all your dreams.

Edited by beiningtian

Thank you!

I will change that as well. Is there somewhere that I am supposed to find these characters in this thread earlier? I didn't find it in the beginning of the RP thread, at least nothing explicit. This is my first YAAD RP, so I'm not sure how it all goes.

Thank you!

I will change that as well. Is there somewhere that I am supposed to find these characters in this thread earlier? I didn't find it in the beginning of the RP thread, at least nothing explicit. This is my first YAAD RP, so I'm not sure how it all goes.

Since there are only two pages, even though the posts are long, you should read all the posts. The thread OP (Esko) wrote a post that had them in it. It will also give you an idea of what to do.

It's probably also in the posting guidelines somewhere, though, if not, i'll go yell at Esko for ya.

edit: yeah it's in there. it's the second post in the ooc.

Edited by MyaMouse

Ooh, my bad. I thought the 'grim reaper' person was the dragon magi, and there was no one else there.

ah. no, magi dragons are the type of dragon.

Yunno, you have a magi dragon xd.png the orange one.

speaking of which, what type of dragon is minnie? i noticed you put in a sapphire dragon in your post, so you at least know some dragons more than me, i only just found out about them xd.png

ah. no, magi dragons are the type of dragon.

Yunno, you have a magi dragon xd.png the orange one.

speaking of which, what type of dragon is minnie? i noticed you put in a sapphire dragon in your post, so you at least know some dragons more than me, i only just found out about them xd.png

I am super new to all of this, tbh. I went through an encyclopedia of all the dragons and chose the one that matched Minnie the best. So, it was the sapphire dragon. biggrin.gif