MyaMouse

YAAD OOC

Okay so I'm kinda slow at writing and it doesn't help that I have school in the way of stuff, but I've been working quite hard on a post for a couple of days. I've finished the post now, and it took a couple of hours, 5/6 tops. So I need to know... Are you still accepting entries?

Okay I've been waiting for a couple hours now and I'm getting really impatient so... Sorry. I hope I didn't do a bad. Please let me know if I have and I will remove my post.

Here we go!

I think you're fine. Your intro post is basically your admission, as opposed to turning in a traditional RP sheet. Mouse and Esko will prolly be on later to give you the OK. We get a Brute dragon, yaaaaay~

I think you're fine. Your intro post is basically your admission, as opposed to turning in a traditional RP sheet. Mouse and Esko will prolly be on later to give you the OK. We get a Brute dragon, yaaaaay~

Awesome, thanks very much! biggrin.gif

And yes, I did choose a Brute dragon, though I'm not entirely sure why. I was going to choose a pygmy but then ruled it out because it would be too useless ._.

I basically just scrolled through all the ggs on the wiki, opened up a bunch that seemed interesting and eliminated the rest. How did you choose yours?

And yes, I did choose a Brute dragon, though I'm not entirely sure why. I was going to choose a pygmy but then ruled it out because it would be too useless ._.

I basically just scrolled through all the ggs on the wiki, opened up a bunch that seemed interesting and eliminated the rest. How did you choose yours?

It's actually both simple and complicated. Ever since I joined the site three years ago, I've been taken with the beauty and contrast of the Sunsong's scales. They just have this incredible sense of lighting and stately elegance that I've always been attracted to.

I equate that ethereal beauty similarly with a race of bird-shapeshifters called Herons from my all-time favorite videogame (they have that impossible, otherworldly beauty, almost like angels). Thus, I named my first Sunsong after Reyson (a royal Heron prince), and I've been hooked since.

As for my partner Chris the Antarean, he may be based entirely off my pretty-boy husbando xd.png

Edited by Sugar-Free

Evolve, giving your post a read-over on my phone, I think you did a great job for your first time! I'll look at it again when I'm able to on the computer.

Ooh, Brutes are cool. Anyways, I'm going to answer the question even though I wasn't asked because I like to butt in on things feel like that's a good question.

I originally was torn between multiple dragon breeds, either Blusang, Solstice, Glaucus (I chose Glaucus last time I participated in a human-turned-dragon story), or Chrono. Eventually, I chose Chrono because I felt it fit Silver's personality best. There's also another really complicated reason behind my choice, but I won't bore you with all the nonsensical details and bad explanations. You can probably tell that I like the color blue based on my choices, but I'm usually pretty unpredictable and indecisive.

As for my side dragons that'll come in later, Sierra was a character I RPed in one of my first RPs on the site. She was the one I liked the most, so I decided to remake her in this. Taloss is based on someone I know, and Wren is just... there... I dunno, I wanted to RP a Solstice and Sierra + Taloss so I just made up my clan lore on the spot. I have many "favorite" dragon breeds, but I'm the most attached to my Blusangs and CB Solstices. *ends explanation that no one asked for*

I might edit to where one of my other dragon come in o.o

(Joins Silver in the random question answering because she likes to spill out her ideas.)

I usually go with fighter dragons, but for once I wanted to try something more supportive and peaceful then "Rawr, I'm going to rip your face off", especially since I plan on reintroducing old YAAD characters that... uh, fit that description. xd.png With that I wanted to try out one of the new releases, and out of all of them Antareans were one of my favorites. Top that off with Lindsey Stirling's latest album and Poof! Ended up with Kayla (Coil was inspired from a cat we used to have).

Though, speaking of characters, @Esko and Mousie: Would it be too early to reintroduce one of my old YAAD characters to try and move things along? With all of the newly-transformed characters still disoriented from the whole " We're suddenly dragons" thing, I'm not sure if you guys have a preference on the timing.

Edited by skwerl56767

Actually nevermind, I'll make them more regular characters if no one minds. ASM is going to be one, still thinking on the other(s).

Edit: Sugar, didja mean Aeon Wyvern? You wrote Aether Wyvern. Near the end of your post. My DR kinda is named Aether Wyvern, so I'd like it if you could edit that out.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

@Esko: Should I post with the planned side cgarries and then ask you to do it? Or what?

I would prefer that your characters *not* be taught behind the scenes to allow for some sideplot. Maybe PM the theoretical sideplot to me and I'll decide.

I chose a Magi the first time around, since Mage --> Magi. When the Magelights came out, I noticed that would have been a much better fit but it was too late by then xd.png So I saved that for another character.

I guess I still have to reply to Narvix, but waiting on Pyro on the other side. I think it's probably a good idea to have everyone react to something new now, Esko.

(Joins Silver in the random question answering because she likes to spill out her ideas.)

I usually go with fighter dragons, but for once I wanted to try something more supportive and peaceful then "Rawr, I'm going to rip your face off", especially since I plan on reintroducing old YAAD characters that... uh, fit that description. xd.png With that I wanted to try out one of the new releases, and out of all of them Antareans were one of my favorites. Top that off with Lindsey Stirling's latest album and Poof! Ended up with Kayla (Coil was inspired from a cat we used to have).

Though, speaking of characters, @Esko and Mousie: Would it be too early to reintroduce one of my old YAAD characters to try and move things along? With all of the newly-transformed characters still disoriented from the whole " We're suddenly dragons" thing, I'm not sure if you guys have a preference on the timing.

If it's who I think it is, yes.

If it's who I wish it is, no.

------------

I was originally torn between multiple breeds, either Blusang, Solstice, Glaucus (I chose Glaucus last time I participated in a human-turned-dragon story), or Chrono. Eventually, I chose Chrono because I felt it fit Silver's personality best. There's also another really complicated reason behind my choice, but I won't bore you with all the nonsensical details and bad explanations. You can probably tell that I like the color blue based on my choices, but I'm usually pretty unpredictable and indecisive.

As for my side dragons that'll come in later, Sierra was a character I RPed in one of my first RPs on the site. She was the one I liked the most, so I decided to remake her in this. Taloss is based on someone I know, and Wren is just... there... I dunno, I wanted to RP a Solstice and Sierra + Taloss so I just made up my clan lore on the spot. I have many "favorite" dragon breeds, but I'm the most attached to my Blusangs and CB Solstices. *ends explanation that no one asked for*

------------

It's actually both simple and complicated. Ever since I joined the site three years ago, I've been taken with the beauty and contrast of the Sunsong's scales. They just have this incredible sense of lighting and stately elegance that I've always been attracted to.

I equate that ethereal beauty similarly with a race of bird-shapeshifters called Herons from my all-time favorite videogame (they have that impossible, otherworldly beauty, almost like angels). Thus, I named my first Sunsong after Reyson (a royal Heron prince), and I've been hooked since.

As for my partner Chris the Antarean, he may be based entirely off my pretty-boy husbando xd.png

Omg lol all you guys have reasons for yours I feel like such a cop-out lol .-.

Edited by ReEvolve

Well, you can't really use me as an example for that... I go all-out with my creations. I definitely might have a problem.

Mousie.... yeees? xd.png If it's the Guardian you're thinking of, it's not her. But I am considering the Ice and a certain Tri-Horn. Or if it's too early for those two as well, I'm also thinking of the other Guardian that I abandoned earlier in old YAAD, as well as the Thunder; problem is, I still don't know what to do with them... Maybe I'll wait and see if you bring back your own dragons on the latter, since there are relations there.

I don't know, is the answer yes? I'll go with yes.

For the sake of curiosity, is there any way to access the old YAAD threads?

For the sake of curiosity, is there any way to access the old YAAD threads?

I was wondering that too, so I have a rough idea of how far to go with my characters etc.

Ooh! Thanks, Dalek!

No problem smile.gif it's amazing what you can find with the search button wink.gif

Would I be doing a bad if I used 2 twins and put them in a two-headed dragon?

Actually nvm, I probably won't be able to manage multiple characters that aren't linked lol.

I'll post this anyways in case someone want to use this idea.

So, I used the search feature and these are the threads I found:

You As a Dragon

You As a Dragon 2

*groans*

okay so DO NOT TAKE YAAD 1 AS A POSTING/CHARACTER CREATING GUIDELINE. just don't. it was kinda extreme.

in fact i'd be a lot more comfortable with no one reading it at all ^^'

@Blade the Ice is fine. The main Guardian is not fine. The baby guardian miiight be fine? I don't remembr much about him tbh. The Tri-Horn I think is fine, but i also don't remember much about them either.

@ReEvolve No, and that's been done in the past as well.

Edited by MyaMouse

*groans*

okay so DO NOT TAKE YAAD 1 AS A POSTING GUIDELINE. just don't.

in fact i'd be a lot more comfortable with no one reading it at all ^^'

No worries; those are two MASSIVE mountains of text I ended up having neither the time nor patience to comb through. I had some plot elements lined up for Akita and Chris and was mostly trying to peruse to see if they'd be viable, but jaysus D:

(Pokes.)

Floof, waiting for you to post. tongue.gif I don't know who else needs to post though... Maybe Raptor? DarknessDragon was the last person to post.

EDIT: Not Floof, Dash. No one knows who I'm talking about when I call you Floof. xd.png

Edited by skwerl56767