xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Oh my goodness @Starscream those people sound horrid. My mom was a waitress for 40 years, I've definitely heard some ridiculousness, but wow. 

Yesterday was kind of icky, tons of last-minute stuff needed to be done in preparation for my stepdad's visit, which meant I was a bit irritable and mom was a bit snappish. It's also my, er, womanly time (can I say that?) and it's making me super-extra moody and tired, I ended up going to bed at like 9:30 last night when I normally stay up well past midnight. OH, and the stupid 'special report' about Trump cut off the first 20 minutes of Once Upon a Time last night, which I was sooooo mad about, it's the last season and missing anything at this point makes me very flaily. I decided it would be better to wait a day or two and find the episode online instead of watching the last half and missing the first half. 

Today *should* be better, mom is at the airport right now picking up my stepdad, so... 'Vacation' time has started!

I had a nice day today! My mom and I visited my grandma and uncle and spent the day over at their house. My dad went grocery shopping while we stayed with grandma and then brought food so we could all have dinner together. :)

today we have freezing rain, chance of power outages. I had a migraine all day at work, took a nap after got home to get rid of it and felt like a over cooked noodle all evening. I think this deceptipasta is going to bed now.

I had to do a bunch of marking today for my year 12s (seniors) and that took a lot of time. It's a small class, but the marking isn't any faster than for a big class because I end up giving more detailed feedback and spending twice as long on each essay. :lol: It was interesting, though. The weather has been pretty miserable and the rain continues, but oh well. :P

I was sick yesterday so I stayed home from work, my boss didn't sound too pleased with me. I was only going in for 3 hours as a favour anyways so it's not like I missed a full days shift. 

I was supposed to be off work today, as it was my weekend off, but something came up with a coworker so they forced me to come in. I wasn't too pleased with it, I had plans today and they got ruined. I was in a cruddy mood all day because of it.

6 hours ago, Zinogre said:

I was sick yesterday so I stayed home from work, my boss didn't sound too pleased with me.

Your boss should be pleased you didn't go to work and infect them! :P It's in everybody's best interests if sick people stay home, rest up and get better. 

I had a pretty nice day today. I was able to help a few of my year 12s (seniors) with their essays on the text we're currently studying and it was great to see them understand the task better as a result. Of course, if they hadn't ignored the preparation sheet I gave them in the first place, they wouldn't be struggling as much as they are now and there would have been a few less tears. You can lead a horse to water... :lol: At least they're all good now, though! That's the main thing.

Kinda mixed bag. Weather's great, which means that my mood is better as well. Woke up feeling quite energized actually, looking forward to the day.

I even felt like I looked quite okay, which was great considering I had to take a new photo for my license today.

Then I was turned down for a job that I'd really have liked. See, I had already visited earlier and was told to come back on Monday when the boss was in and it sounded like they really were looking for new employees at the moment. But today I was told they weren't. I don't feel any resentment for them at all, they were very nice about it and I'm used to being rejected by now, but man, I had my hopes up this time. False hope sucks.

Got sent home from work today thanks to me pulling my back lifting up a box. It hurts to walk so they told me to get the heck home :lol:

I've had a great day of relaxing, doing a bit of homework, and playing Dragoncave. :)

I've been picking up a lot of slack at work for someone who went on leave without completing any of the work they should have or fulfilling their various obligations, so things have been a little bit stressful the last couple of weeks. I did get a chance today, though, to talk to my boss about it and she was very supportive, as usual. So that certainly made my day better. :)

Better day so far than I've had in a while - then again suddenly losing a beloved kitty friend of almost 15 years can do that to a person.  But been feeling like maybe I'm re-discovering my equilibrium over the last few days, and the other two fuzzballs are due at the vet in a little while, so things to do, y'know?  Distraction actually is a helpful coping mechanism for me.  And I actually got my fat girl cat interested in playing earlier - she is so lazy, it's more work for me to get her interested in active type of play rather than just stting back & watching while swatting a paw occassionally.  And now without her "Bully Buddy" she doesn't really have anyone to run around with, since the other boy-cat isn't as confrontational as his brother was.  They don't get into it at all like the other two did - my old baby has always been a bit of a pushover, & girl-cat def. dominates.  *sigh* Maybe I should look into kitty treadmills - reducing her food isn't enough, it seems.

Just now, Sunrunner said:

Better day so far than I've had in a while - then again suddenly losing a beloved kitty friend of almost 15 years can do that to a person.  

I'm so sorry for your loss! But 15+ years is pretty old, so be glad you were able to give him a long happy life with you. :)

My day so far has consisted of me lazily staying in bed because classes were canceled today. So... My day has been good.

Edited by aqub

I'm doing surprisingly well today. Stayed up until midnight last night dying my hair and then having to leave for work at 4:30am... I'm awake and alert and the day is going by fast! Now if people would answer their phones when I make calls that would be nice...

my day was...not great. I ended up getting a cluster headache in class and had to leave early. Teacher was not happy, but. I couldnt stay in class any longer.

Got sent home again from work today due to my back. I've been feeling quite sore and standing up for hours at a time is not good with back spasms. When I got home I took some muscle relaxers and I've spent the rest of my day in bed.

It was okay, I guess. Working through stuff I need to do over the summer for college and I had an okay day at college as it was, but still... it was okay.

Had a pretty good day, went to the movies and saw Ready Player One (awesome!), then went out to eat at Red Lobster, a place we can never afford on our own... My stepdad really spoils us when he visits. I decided last week that I wasn't going to take time off from work this week while he is here, I technically have PTO I can use but with my boss working remotely from out of town now the department sort of needs my help more then it really used to. That's fine, I don't really mind working while he's here, except that I sort of have an issue with jealousy when him and mom do fun things without me, so... May have to deal with that tomorrow while at work. Oh, the apartment's maintenance people *finally* came over and fixed our kitchen blinds that have been broken for an entire month, so happy about that!! Totally wouldn't be an issue at all except that I sleep in the living room and the uncloseable blinds meant sun directly in my eyes in the morning. 

7 hours ago, Zinogre said:

Got sent home again from work today due to my back. I've been feeling quite sore and standing up for hours at a time is not good with back spasms. When I got home I took some muscle relaxers and I've spent the rest of my day in bed.

Oh no! :( I hope you're feeling better now that you're relaxing.

I had quite a nice day. Someone new has started working with us this week and she's great, so it's a huge relief. She's replacing someone on long service leave who is absolutely terrible (not a team player, refuses to do above the bare minimum and sometimes not even that, very rude) so it's a lovely relief to be able to work alongside someone more keen and motivated. :D I'm loving it. In my role, I work very closely with this person, so it's honestly just amazing to have someone with the right attitude around. ^_^

Went to the hospital this morning, my back was worse when I woke up. I could barely bend down to pick up my pants. It didn't take long for the doctor to see me, she prescribed some painkillers and muscle relaxers. I've already taken one of the pain pills, but the muscle relaxers I take before bed. I now have the next 3 days to rest and relax, as I got taken off work. I'm just hoping that the pills help, if not I might have to get an xray done or even be off work for longer.

Had a pretty good day. Got up earlier than usual to do some shopping before the evening, as my friends and I had planned some roleplay-writing for the evening. Then my mom called and asked me to come for a visit as my brother was visiting her as well, then I got back home and made dinner and then we got to writing. All in all, a fairly average day.

Having a great day!  I just had a real life chicken hatch(it is still drying off), and at least two more eggs have pips in them!  And this is the first of two batches I am hatching!

I had a customer hit on me over the phone. It was...a bit creepy. But it's better then it happening to me face-to-face. Still got him to make a payment with me though (I work in a credit collections job).

Other than that, day's been pretty good so far. c:

I'm having a very in bed sort of day today. :P Which is nice because I'm exhausted and just want to rest. 

My day has been good, and my mom made some really tasty spaghetti for dinner, which made it better! ^_^