xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Well, the train is closed for the holidays and this is the last day of work before Holy Week. So, I was forced to take the bus. Unsure of the bus routes, I got lost and ended up farther north than I intended. :P Got late for my work

My day was nice! My boyfriend and I are staying in a cottage in a small town by the sea. Today we headed up to a fish market and bought fresh mussels and langoustines. He did an amazing job making them; tasted amazing! ✌️

I hope it becomes more manageable soon when the weather settles down @voidrabbit :( Weather changes can make a lot of things so much more comfortable. Some people think it sounds silly, but it can be so impactful. 

It's my first day of holidays today (for two weeks, yay) so I spent the day sleeping until midday and I'm still in bed an hour later, with no intention of getting out. :P

Today was alright, work was okay and I got permission from my boss to switch my days next week so I can go to the fair on Thursday, I'm really looking forward to that. On the other hand I'm kinda down and emotional today, and it's gotten worse tonight and now I'm just sort of trying to do anything I can to stop from constantly crying. *sigh* 

Sometimes I remember that in the Japanese version of Luigi's Mansion the icicles in the Cold Storage room do 20/100 damage of health. That's 1/5 of your health, five hits and you're done. 

In the International versions however, they do 40/100, twice the amount of damage. That's more than 1/3 of health, two hits and you have 20 left, three hits you're done, game over.

What cruel force decided this was ok? It's not like the icicles were the only thing that could hurt you in that room, there's a boss ghost, who shoots ice at you, and can drag you like every other ghost can, which do damage. Damage that I can barely take when the icicles do 40 per HIT. Sure, I've managed to beat the boss plenty of times now, but child me suffered for months on end because I simply couldn't handle that and every single time I remember this fact, this regional difference, I want to scream, feeling the stress of my younger self.

I had a bit of an unpleasant day. My car went in for servicing and the cost of very necessary repairs is $3000. There's another couple grand of repairs that can wait, but my goodness. The car itself only cost $6000 or $7000 when I bought it so the repairs are half the value. It's just your standard wear and tear, since it's pretty old, but I'm settling on an apartment I've purchased this month and it could not have come at a worse time. I also had an eye test today and need to buy some glasses. Hopefully my health insurance will cover most of the cost of the glasses, but man! I've got a few big bills coming up, unfortunately.

Being an adult is totally overrated. :P 

It's been freezing and raining nearly all week here in this little town, felt shut in for the past few days. Today the sun finally came out and no sign of rain, so my boyfriend and I had a little barbeque by the water. 💖 Has been a good day so far.

17 hours ago, Valtrois said:

It's been freezing and raining nearly all week here in this little town, felt shut in for the past few days. Today the sun finally came out and no sign of rain, so my boyfriend and I had a little barbeque by the water. 💖 Has been a good day so far.

That sounds really nice! :D

I had a great day. I finally got to see the inside of my apartment, which has been in construction for the last 18 months. It's still a construction site and a couple of months off being finished, but it was so exciting to see the space that very shortly is going to be my very own! I'm giddy with excitement just thinking about it. It's small, but it has a lot of natural light and it's well built, so I'm happy. 

Fine. A little stressed though because I need an internship this summer for one of my required college classes, but I haven't gotten a response from the two people I have messaged yet. 

Oh man! Everything went wrong today! 

1. It was raining when I woke up.
  2. The place I went for a toasted sandwich for breakfast was sold out of what I was desperately craving.
  3. I went to another cafe, resigned to getting something else, and after like five years of never changing their menu, they'd taken off the one thing I wanted.
  4. I can't find a solution to my current fridge situation. After talking to two different appliance shops, I was told that I'm not going to be able to get a fridge that fits in my apartment without removing cabinetry that I don't want to remove. (The apartment is freshly built - why would they design it in a way that makes it so difficult?)
  5. Any fridge I do buy (that still isn't a solution to my exact problem) is going to cost at least twice what I budgeted for - if not three times. 
  6. I tried making a vegan cake because I have a vegan friend coming over tomorrow and it tastes like rubbish.
  7. The flour had gone bad so I had to go out and buy more late at night.
  8. I hurt my hand opening a container.
  9. I dropped a pair of heavy scissors on my foot. 
  10. Someone I was looking forward to seeing told me they're not coming to book group tomorrow night.

Oh my goodness. I'm honestly exhausted after the day I've had. No wonder I've been so grumpy. :lol: Luckily, I have a fun day planned tomorrow so hopefully all my bad luck has come at once and tomorrow goes off without a hitch. ^_^ That will be the silver lining. 

I've been sick recently, so I'm not having a very good day. But yesterday we took the dog out in public and lots of people came to pet him and say how cute he was, so that was fun. :)

Today has been surprisingly good for me (although not so much for my mom, it kinda seems like the universe is out to get her today, nothing major just small things keep going wrong). My mom's knee is hurting pretty bad so she wasn't up to walking around stores, but I needed to go a few places (and she's my ride), so we took my dog for a car ride and she stayed in the car with the dog while I went in. One grocery store, which wasn't really anything interesting or special, but then we went to Target. I must mention here that I have severe social anxiety and have always had issues with talking to workers at stores... But today I went into Target alone, spoke to two different workers in order to find out where the correct headphones were, and got through a very busy checkout line, all with no anxiety issues. Not a big deal for most people, but I'm feeling pretty darn happy about it!

@HeatherMarie that's fantastic! Well done! Don't worry about what is and isn't a big deal for other people - any personal achievement is definitely worth celebrating. It sounds like you had a very successful day. 

My day was good! :D Much better than yesterday.

I went to a quaint little country town with my mum and we had lunch there together and looked around the shops. It was lovely and the weather was perfect. Then this evening I had the first meeting for a book group I've organised with my friends. I was a bit nervous that people would be a little shy, but it all went really well and we had a fantastic discussion and there was heaps of laughter and fun. ^_^

My day isn't over yet, but it's going good so far! :3 I've been really sick recently, and I'm finally starting to feel better. I don't know how long that'll last, though.

I got my learner's permit today! I'm really excited about that so I'm having a good day. :) 

Well I learned recently that I can get on the cave and the fourm here while I'm at work...As long as I'm not on a call, I can lurk and egg hunt all day, haha!

It's a great distraction for when work is slow. c:

We had diners from hell today - I'm a cook at a local restaurant.

Recently I had someone send a deep fried ice cream back at me because "it was cold" Not sure they fully understand the concept of what this dessert was... Still -  today's diners from hell.

Our menu is fairly small and we have some turkey club sandwiches available. The turkey does come in pre-cooked and frozen. we just slice it in house and serve it - its quite a nice sandwich. I missed the first round of returns, but tey sent ALL their food back twice and their kids food back twice. Their complaint was the cold sandwich was that, cold. They wanted it hot, because the last time they got it hot. (did they get the right sandwich?) They said the turkey was fresh out the oven! (I nearly choked in my gingerale. I know that is not remotely possible. I know the assistant general manager (AGM) was looking a bit fit to kill, but he plastered on his plastic smile and was overly kid to the point of making me want to hurl. As for the kids meal, they said the chicken was underdone. We cut the chicken open and looked at it and it wasn't. It was perfectly done (we temp our chicken sure sometimes an error is made but not often) Second time, they send it back (same deal) The grill cook was looking frustrated and the AGM was very reassuring. They settled on a grilled cheese sandwich for the kid. But what the hell. These people clearly went out for the sole purpose to try to get a free meal by acting like total (can I say jerks?) jerks. I don't think they did get comped. Every now and again we find people with a superiority complex. If I had been running the kitchen, I'd have said they could leave.

We can only reason that their turkey sandwiches might have been warm the last time is if it was in the pass for a while before getting to the table. there are times of the day when we are run off our feet and it can take a bit of time to get all orders together at the same time. the Turkey Club is a fast and easy to make meal.

1 hour ago, Starscream said:

Recently I had someone send a deep fried ice cream back at me because "it was cold" Not sure they fully understand the concept of what this dessert was... Still -  today's diners from hell.

Oh my goodness. I laughed out loud when I read this. That is unbelievably dense! :lol: I would be frustrated if I had to deal with people like that every day. I hope your next shift at work is better than that.

My day has been good so far. I went out for breakfast with a friend I haven't seen for a while and had some delicious baked eggs. :D I did spill my coffee everywhere because the table was a bit wobbly, but oh well. :P I also managed to beat the rain home which was lucky!

I've had a good day so far. Mostly just reading and going to class, but still decent!

So far so good. Work has been going well for once, haha. On the other hand, I've egg locked myself and am terribly impatient, but unwilling to let go of any of my eggs... >*<

I had a pretty chill day, went to work and then relaxed at home. I have a few assignments I have to work on over the weekend, so I decided to take today easy and start tomorrow.

It stormed so much today! :o Luckily, it was very intense for a short amount of time and then stopped. I was particularly lucky because my roof didn't leak, which it usually does if we get heavy and prolonged rain. Thank goodness I didn't have to get the buckets and towels out. :D That in itself made it a pretty good day.

Friday the 13th really came through this time.  .___.

First, one of the toilets overflowed during the night and soaked the hallway carpet. Luckily, it wasn't gross water. Plumbers came over and told us the pipe (which is 50+ years old) is crushing. To replace it means digging through the living room floor, yard, and driveway, and shelling out $40,000+. Doesn't look like we'll be doing that any time soon. It was unclogged, but of course that's only a temporary fix. It will inevitably happen again. Now we have rather loud fans running right outside my bedroom door to help dry the carpet. Next, I find out about a serious family issue. In all honesty, though, I'm not actually surprised. Hurt, but not surprised. Third, my anxiety got the best of me and made me quit my job. Brand new job. I'd rather not say how long I've had it as it is quite embarrassing. I'm both sad and relieved. Sad because I wasn't there long and I feel like a quitter, but relieved because I was legit having nightmares about it. At least now I know I can't handle that kind of job...I guess... Time to find a new job!  \o/  *dies a little on the inside*

The one thing that saved my sanity today was that pretty intense albeit short thunderstorm that just happened. Thunderstorms always manage to cheer me up.