xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Meh day topped off with frustration at trying to trade anything not a CB. :/

Edited by SheridanCharon

Kind of boring. I was going to go to a Halloween party, but the friend giving me a ride backed out last minute. So I stayed home and watched old Halloween movies instead while reorganizing my dragon groups.

My mom had her 2nd eye surgery today and it went fairly well, only took about an hour from prep to recovery. Someone is required to stay there the whole time, since the patient will be out of it after, but I took a book and headphones and it was fine. I'm a tad annoyed at the moment though because we just found out that we're getting new neighbors next month, in the apartment next door that's been vacant for almost a year... Not looking forward to that. Walls are very, very thin.

One of our fellow dragonneers, Frodo, here since the beginning of the Dragon Cave, is not faring well health-wise.  It hurts my heart that there is nothing I can do ..

If only Riddick were around ... as with his smarts and connections, maybe there is some way he could help.

Stressful. 

Managed to clean the entire store and catch up on stocking the food, but then customers came in and ruined everything.. Well, the kids did. Along with multiple big orders and still not finishing the bigger tasks.

Then my supervisor came in 2.5 hours later, going "How was your shift today?"

Me: tenor.gif

I pulled something in my upper back three days ago now.  I've done it before; it's always in the same spot, so I was just resigned to it hurting for a bit and gradually getting better.  But this time it's not.  I can't turn my head, I can't move my left arm much, I can't sleep, I can't even take a deep breath without it hurting.  In the morning I'll call the doctor, but I'm not sure what she could do. 

This morning was otherwise okay.  I met some of my fellow night-shifters for breakfast, and got to talking with two I haven't interacted with much before.  Just going felt like an achievement because I have a lot of social anxiety and I'm afraid of driving, but I made myself go out.  And some beading projects are going smoothly to be done before Christmas.

It's my birthday! :D Two of my best friends came over for the weekend. The weather is gloomy and rainy, been having some trouble sleeping, but otherwise I've had a very lovely day.

42 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

It's my birthday! :D Two of my best friends came over for the weekend. The weather is gloomy and rainy, been having some trouble sleeping, but otherwise I've had a very lovely day.

Top 29 Birthday Memes #birthday #memes

Gotta go to the dentist to get a cavity fixed whoopee. on the bright side pokemon USUM shuld be in today.

Yesterday was awesome, got to go to church with my mom for the first time since her knee surgery, and this new church is so so much better. Today was awesome as well, I just got back from spending an hour petting and taking pictures of horses (part of therapy). Horses are just so wonderful, just to be around them.

Yesterday was very hectic, I was hosting a sports tournament for university students for one course we have. Everything went smoothly and I actually had so much fun there! Our teacher came by and also complimented us on our great work, so I'm very happy with the outcome. Today is my boyfriend's birthday, sadly he has work all day so we'll have to celebrate on the weekend!

Overall my day was alright, got some awesome stuff while at the dollar store, including some Christmas presents for my mom. But there was a 15-minute hysterical-crying attack brought on by a mix-up on my mom's part, in which I curled up in a ball in the car the entire drive home and cried uncontrollably, and had to take an anxiety pill which I don't do often anymore.

My weekend was pretty good except for being female and having mother nature kick yer butt. =/ 

went out to catch Farfetch'd in pokemon go the last 2 nights otherwise playing ultra sun and watching twitch

Last few days have kinda sucked. Mom's car (my only form of transport) got a flat tire, and we learned that the new-ish car has a different type of tires that our usual used-tire place doesn't carry. Calling around to other places revealed a *lowest* price of $99, which is simply not possible when I make less then $300 a month. So... Not sure what to do there. Had a professional patch the tire, it should be good for a month or so, but... *sigh*.

I've been struggling to find interest in things lately. The things that I'd usually do for enjoyment just leave me thinking/feeling, "I don't want to put in the effort." I posed a question to my mother if she ever felt such a way. She didn't and when I gave her a somewhat metaphorical example she seemed horrified trying to imagine what it was like. That oddly made me feel better in a logical sense, because if this was horrifying to her, then it must be something related to the settings as of late. I suppose this is normal for someone with my various mental/emotional issues. 

Well, it is better than last night when for a while I was on a mental rampage of eff-you's (not at all modified in there) towards my eldest brother and perhaps most of my siblings in general.

I suppose so far, this means today has been fine. *Blinks* 

I've been having another spell of chronic back pain lately.  This lasted longer than normal, and I finally went to see my doctor about it.  She gave me some muscle relaxers that helped, and noticed during the examination that my spine wasn't quite straight, which was a shock because I'd never heard that before.  At least I have a reason for why it hurts sometimes, though now I worry that it just was never visible before, implying that it might keep getting worse as I get older...?  She sent me to a chiropractor, which made me a little anxious.  It turned out to be less strenuous than I feared and I do feel better this evening.  The chiro said while prodding around that I had a rib popped a little out of place in back as well, and did something to push it back.  I think I know the fall that caused that years back, though now I'm sitting up wondering what ELSE is going on in my body that I don't know about.  :unsure:

In the morning I have to go buy a set of new tires, which is going to run several hundred bucks even with a discount.  Spending large chunks of money scares me, even when I know I need to do it.  I might not be getting a new graphics card this winter after all.  :(

Right now I'm sitting in front of a heater, drinking a ginger matcha latte thing I found in an asian market, and working on a beading project for a Christmas present. Life is going alright for now.

Edited by Gryphonic

Today was alright, if a bit stressful with multiple errands and house-cleaning. .... Then tonight came and things all went downhill. My dog has thrown up three times in the last 24 hours, and at first I thought maybe I'd given him too many bites of my dinner last night. ..... Then I found an empty, shredded box of chocolates under the bed, where he usually hangs out. Given that the box was completely empty, and chocolate is *poison* to dogs, I pretty much freaked out. He seems to be alright, and my mom said there were only a few pieces left in the box, but I am just so *mad* at my mom for leaving a box of *poison* where the dog could get to it!

^ Gah!!! I'm sorry to read that Marie19R! While more of a cat person, I do like dogs and I live with three of them. It is good to know he seems to be okay now, but... oi. That must have been almost panic attack inducing. >_<

Today was fine. Other than being woken to move plants inside for a cold front coming in, things have been good. My lack of interest in things has moved on and I have been enjoying experimenting with computer drawing again. Sadly, I know this is just a calm before the storm. I am very wary of the weeks ahead and the stress that will build up.

Edited by Nyxity

Overall very tiring. Went to sleep at 230am cause roommate kept me awake cause the cat kept trying to go under our artificial tree so he shoved him into his bedroom as a 'time out' while I was trying to sleep so the cat screamed to be let out. Woke at 8am cause i tossed and turned and my uncle from out west is down so said he'd come by in the morning with beef (or buffalo) jerky and pepperoni and he heckin did not arrive til heckin noon so I had like 5h of sleep total. Sore eyes, cranky etc. Also woke at 8 cause neighbour upstairs was moving out so the one above them was helping to clean out their apartment all heckin day. Napped earlier for maybe 1.5h til he started at it again and got too noisy. (the ones who moved out were smokers too so he has to deep clean the apartment cause they smoked inside it >:|)

Got back from a shower minutes ago so i feel a little better after that and nap. My eyes before then were burning and watery.

oh ya and 2 days ago was the anniversary of my old dog being put down, yesterday was the fb reminder of them not heckin telling me a darn thing cause I was in class in college so they put her down during that and hid/got rid of her things and did not tell me. (she was 12 and a cranky butt shih tzu too. >.> this was back in 2011 when she got put down but the reminder is always on fb of the betrayal my family did by not telling a frikken adult the family dog (1 of 2) was put down. I was not a smol child.

Edited by Keiren

My migraine week kicked off this weekend, so yesterday I was pretty much bedridden along with achy muscles. I woke around eleven pm? I finally ate my first solid meal for the day since I just drink a shake in the morning, did some chores, caught up on things online and then decorated the Christmas tree. I find decorating it more or a chore these days since I decorate it alone, but my parents prefer that I do it because my OCD tends to ensure it will have a certain order to it. -__- I finished it somewhere around five this morning? I have no idea what I did after that, but I probably wound up in bed again.

I had my morning shake around ten or eleven, continued to stay in bed and didn't rise again until four. I ate my first solid meal for the day, did some chores, saw my dad, got online to catch up on a few things and wound up in bed again. I rose about an hour and a half ago to take my meds. I seem to be a bit down lately, but I blame it on the usual chemical imbalances in my brain along with the time of the year. My head still hurts. Joy.

Does anyone else here tend to find their own birthdays to be sort of depressing? *Eyes calendar of the day coming up*

Ugh, I was feeling a bit ill on the weekend but yesterday I was feeling better so I went to work for a few hours. Turns out I was still sick and cycling in a snow storm did not help at all, so now I'm even more sick than on the weekend... And the most annoying part that it's one of those flus where my fever rises only a bit, so I'm kind of stuck in this feeling-ill-but-am-I-really? -limbo for like a week before I'm finally healthy again. Good thing I don't have any lectures on this semester anymore so I'm not missing any of those.

It was pretty ok, I had to take a spanish exam today (last exam for this week & year) so I'm relieved right now since there's no school work anymore for me to do currently (except for a geography presentation I'll prepare in the holidays).

Went to visit my mother today. Had dinner together, quietly celebrated her 50th birthday as she's not the kind of person who likes to celebrate her birthdays anyway.

Had a tooth removed last saturday, and today I'm finally able to use the left side of my mouth once more. Words can't describe how good it feels. :D And my arm's feeling a lot better too. Pushing or lifting anything with it still hurts, but at least I can use it without a terrible amount of pain. Things are steadily getting better as weekend approaches.

I'm sick as heck. I woke up with a horrible migraine + nausea, but I managed to somehow catch the last holiday eggos I needed so yay <3