Polar

Extraterrestrial

Maklar smiled at Liv brightly as his mother took her place in the back of the procession. "I'm right here my love..." he took her hand and stepped into the back of the Roman style carriage. The lions began moving, pulling it down the lane where dragons bowed as they passed with the queen. 

Maklar's hair was wavy, braided and twisted around a diamond circlet across his brow showing his rank as a Prince. He laced his fingers with hers as they neared the temple. The steps seemed only for a dragon to climb it, but the lions veered off and took a path that switch backed up to the temple's peak as his mother climbed up beside them.  Once at the top, the crowd went silent as he helped his wife out of the chariot and stood before his mother who shank and held a slim blue bowl in her hands. 

"Citizens of Ryuu, visitors of Earth, emissaries of Rasabol. We are gathered here to celebrate a joyous occasion. The sixth son of mine, Maklar Ver' kütve, the Red dragon, Breather of the sun has found a mate to whom his soul will be bound to tonight!" Her voice seemed to echo around the area almost like it was enhanced. 

--

Rose smiled and leaned against Zahar. She was exhausted, having to work overtime at home then on a special project for herself, then a gift for the newlyweds. She fought to remain on her feet. 

----

"By the two moons, and two suns, they couldn't have chosen a better match for my son. The moon goddess Sakura smiles down upon this couple tonight. Now, two halls lost now have found each other, and forever will be bound by both love and fate. With this water, blessed and given to us by our most precious moon  Alora-" she raised her hand to the blue moon now directly above the temple. "I give my blessings to this now one entity, to be fruitful and peaceful, have longevity and prosperity in this pairing. Maklar, as the male, do you accept your role in support of your wife and family, protect her and provide for her the tender care that only a spouse can give.... take over her duties when she's weary and stressed and be the foundation to build up this woman in our society?" She asked. Maklar nodded "this I do, all for my soul." He replied. His mother handed him the bowl and he took a sip from it. She turned to Liv adding a drop of her blood and Maklar doing the same. 

"Olivia Henderson, My son shall be called Maklar Henderson, your mate and spouse. In our society, it is the female who supports the family, who is in charge of the home and finances, and considered the bread winner. Women are the pillars  on which life itself stands, for without us, there will be no children to raise. Maklar has agreed to be the foundation of the house you will build. Do you accept this longevity we are giving to you, and the task of the head of the household along with the bond you hold over my son?" She asked holding the bowl of now soft gold liquid to her. 

Liv felt better as Maklar slipped his hands into hers, the anxiety beginning to change into nervous jitters as the sun lions pulled the carriage up, up, up to the temple, rolling to a stop. Maklar climbed out first before helping her down, the now risen moons shining brightly over them as Lady Solest began to speak. Liv concentrated on ignoring the blood rushing in her ears, listening as his mother spoke. She swallowed as Maklar gave his vows, taking a sip from the bowl. Both he and his mother added a drop of their blood to the bowl before offering the bowl to Liv. She took a deep breath while Lady Solest was speaking, willing her voice to be steady when she spoke. And it was - Liv felt she sounded a lot more confident than she was - as she said her vows. "This I do, all for my soul." She took the offered bowl, taking a sip of the soft golden liquid. It didn't taste like blood - though she wasn't sure what she expected it to taste like - and wasn't unpleasant, spreading warmth through her veins though not making her feel much different. 

~

Zahar smiled, both at his friend's marriage and Rose, who was currently leaning tiredly against him. He happily held her up, thumb rubbing lightly against her hip as he watched the ceremony.

Edited by polaristar

Solest lifted the still full bowl and the liquid began singing in the harsh tongue of the dragons. The liquid flew from the bowl and changed into a serpentine dragon. It then wound around both of them, pulling them together. A flash of blue and gold and they where glowing blue and gold around the both of them. "To seal the bond, kiss your beloved." Maklar grinned like a crocodile and scooped her up into a kiss. His wings burst from his back startling his mother as he transformed halfway and took off with her in his arms swooping down the temple side then down the path at high speed before shooting into the sky.  He then landed and  held her tight.

--

Rose laughed at Maklar's happiness. "He certainly cheerful!" She looked up as the Dragon boy landed at the base of the temple and set down his new wife. He stretched a scaley claw into the air. "Come on I'm starving, been fasting all day! Let's eat!" He shouted at the other dragons who beat their wings and roared in agreement, taking off to set up a feast table for the bride's family and starting a party in their honor. 

Liv wasn't prepared for the dazzling serpentine dragon that was the liquid itself, which pulled she and Maklar together before giving a vibrant flash of blue and gold. The last step was easy - just a kiss - though of course Maklar made it that much more dramatic by scooping her up and flying into the air, swooping around the temple and what seemed like everywhere else before landing, holding her tight to her chest. "That was dizzying," Liv gasped, glad he held her steady while her head stopped spinning from the all the rapid movements. "Little warning next time, yeah?"

Maklar gleefully yelled about eating - for which Liv was thankful, since she was starving - and the dragons surrounding them roared and beat their wings loudly in agreement, swooping off to set up the feast. 

~

"They always are," Zahar chuckled. "Dragun marriage is by far one of their most sacred tradition - but their marriage works much different from my race's, and humans. Humans and Derga have very similar wedding traditions, while draguns... completely different. It involves literal soul binding. Eventually, from what I've heard, they'll be able to share things like thoughts and feelings." He motioned her and the rest of Liv's family towards the feast. "We should hurry. The draguns can eat, so believe me when I say to get there early before there's nothing left. I'll show you which food isn't ridiculously, burn-your-tongue-off spicy, too. This way."

Maklar  folded his wings and smiled sheepishly as he walked with her to the table, tail whipping the earth and curling in excitement. "I should have, sorry about that love. I got over zealous. It's not every day you find your soul mate and are bound together." He said as he helped her into the seat in the middle of the table pointing at the candlebra over what looked like a roasted cow pig thing and they shot up scorching the soft palm of Platinum, his elder brother who was in Dragon form waving his tarnished silver scales and blowing on his hand. 

"That hurt brother! What was that for?" came a voice in their minds. 

"Table food for humans and dragüns in human form only brother. Our guests should be able to experience the delicious food that Ryuu offers. You go eat with Zorzorn. " he scolded as he helped the rest of Liv's family get situated. "So Lily and Mark how was the ceremony?" He asked as he got everything on his plate and pointed out the spicy things and the 'mild' things that he'd rank as earth's spicy foods. 

((Hopefully she said it correctly. It's 'this I do all for my soul' meaning this he does for the both of them for they are now one soul. "For all my soul" in the draconian language is singular, one person and one mind instead of the one they share now. If that makes sense))

---

"Really? Wow, to actually bind one's soul to another.. wow." Rose said astonished. "They must be absolutely certain of things before marriage then. To share thoughts and feelings with another... I can't really imagine that.." she jumped as another dragon a female approached them speaking into everyone's mind. "We from the Xara'har family offer our congratulations, and have made a sky dance routine in honor of your binding."  She bowed and sat on her rear claws starting a song, waving her talons like a conductor as smaller brightly coloured dragons tumbled through the air, twisting and looping to the song. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Liv's dad's name is Mark))

Liv kissed Maklar's cheek. "It's alright, I understand." She giggled at his brother, Platinum, who sulked off down the table, still waving his now-human hand in pain. "Is everything on this table spicy, Mak?" Liv asked in amusement, taking what he said to be the food with the least kick on to her plate.

"It was lovely, Maklar," Lilly said. "My little girl is all grown up, now that you're for all intents and purposes our son-in-law - though I couldn't ask for a better one."

"I know you'll treat her well," Mark said. "Now, all we have to worry about is the human wedding."

Liv groaned. "That's way more stressful! You're helping me plan everything, Mak, no way you're getting out of it. I don't care if you live in a different galaxy, I will fly over there in the Apollo 11 if I have to." Despite her serious tone, she grinned. "But let's enjoy the moment, and not think about super-stressful human weddings. Which some of your family will be attending." Noticing Rose, Liv gave the other human girl a wave. "Hi Rose, it's good to see you again! You too, Prince Zahar. We really should exchange numbers, Rose. I need another girl to talk about all... this to."

"Considering Maklar and I see quite a lot of each other - and by extension you will too - I think that's a great idea," Zahar said. "Congratulations on your binding, Maklar. You deserve to be happy, buddy."

"Thank you," Liv said to the dragonness, and watched in fascination as dragons began to dance. Liv leaned over to Maklar. "This is so cool, does this always happen?"

"To answer your statements, Rose, you're right," Zahar nodded. "Draguns are not like humans and my kind, who can move on after rejection. Dragun do not: they only love once." He chuckled as she jumped. "I forgot to mention that draguns do a sort of telepathic communication when in their dragon form. Sorry."

"Most of it." He picked up a plate of strawberries that where chocolate covered. "But I asked Rose to pick these up. I discovered them in your kitchen once, and I kinda got hooked. This is what the water tasted like to me. Ah yes the dancing is traditional part of every ceremony, although each one is different from the last. " he said eating a bite of meat. "I will help with the human wedding. I'm actually fascinated about seeing your brother's wedding, I never witnessed a wedding before. Derga or human. Considering that it's just simply a contract signed, I didn't see the point, and it isn't as permanent as our binding. But now I'm curious as to your culture views to the marital agreement. " He said looking at Mark and Lilly. "Likewise. I'm glad you enjoyed it. You can call me Asher. It sounds like a human name, but it means son in bond, basically son in law in the more, speaker friendly version of my language. I will definitely take great care of your daughter, and great pride in calling you may family. I must tell you now though, this bond means I have to be in the same room as Liv once a month on my planet, Rasabol. So I'll be visiting more often, and sleeping in her room-on the floor of course- it's only required I share a space with her to deepen the bond otherwise it'll fray and.. well I'll not get into that. What I'm trying to say is, I'll keep my hands to myself until-"

He was interrupted by a woman with white hair, rose colored skin and vibrant blue eyes. "Yes, so long my sister in law doesn't get curious and run her hands down his spine." She chuckled. Maklar turned orange. "Stargazer!" His voice rose three octaves. The woman laughed. 

"My name is Valai (val eye) I'm Pitch's mate. It's important to know for a dragün's wife that the spine is quite sensitive. In human shape that is. Poor pitch was so shy that he slept with his back against the wall for half a year! Rub the spine, and the males practically beg for attention..." She laughed as Maklar practically lunged at her from across the table. "Shut it! She doesn't need to know that keep quiet! Pitch! Your wife is nuts!" He shouted at his brother who was tickling his daughter's belly with a talon ignoring them. 

----

"That would have been good to know beforehand. "She says rubbing her temples as the groom tried to get at his own sister in law, he was practically smoking from embarrassment. "That'll suck though, falling only once. How can someone be so sure they are the right one? It just .. mind blows me. " She says starting to eat carefully. 

"Mm, strawberries!" Liv said, taking one. "Chocolate covered, too! I'll make some for you sometime, Mak." Liv was awed at the dances of the dragons. "That's so cool!" She ate as Maklar spoke, mumbling "You'd better help," In between bites. He was in the middle of explaining the time they'd have to spend together for the bond to solidify when he was cut off by a woman, whose most striking feature were her vibrantly blue eyes. Liv giggled, liking the woman already. She introduced herself as Pitch's mate, frankly informing her what she believed all dragun wives should know. Frankly, Liv didn't know that Maklar's voice could get that high, as her new husband's face turned noticeably orange.

"Thanks for the intel," Liv said with a grin. Her parents simply shook their heads, turning to talk to her siblings as Maklar shouted at Pitch, who was pointedly ignoring them in favor of tickling his little daughter's belly with a talon.

Rolling her eyes, Liv grabbed Maklar's arm and tugged him back into his seat. "Simmer down, Mak," She said. "I was gonna find out eventually. Nice to meet you, Stargazer. I think we'll get along just fine. Your daughter is adorable, by the way."

Jackson was snickering from across the table. "Ah, what's a wedding without a little family drama, eh? Oh, and Liv, I'm still bitter that you technically are married before me. So not fair, stealing my thunder like that."

"I'm not having an Earth wedding for months, Jackson," Liv sighed. "Don't worry, your 'thunder' is still intact."

~

"Sorry," Zahar apologized. He chuckled at Maklar, who currently was looking as if he was about to throttle his sister-in-law, looking amused. "Ah, family drama. At least his twin isn't here, that would make it ten times worse. As for the love thing: honestly, I don't know. I don't think they can choose who they fall in love with, but considering how doting they are towards their chosen other half it is rare for them not to eventually get together." Zahar took a bite of his meat, quickly sipping from the milk Liv had thought to add to the table for those that couldn't handle all the spices. "Glad she thought to ask for milk to be added, otherwise we'd be in some sort of trouble," Zahar chuckled, waving towards the rest of Liv's family, who also had milk in front of them. "Anyways, I was thinking the four of us could go on a beach trip, oh, a few weeks from now? Give Liv and Maklar a few weeks to settle in to their new routine, then have some fun. How does that sound?"

Maklar sat down at Liv's request and set to eating his meal. "I know, isn't her violet scales lovely? She has my eyes too, but her father's gum colors. Maklar is the only red one here. " she said waving to the dragons that ranged from toxic orange to neon blue, brown, silver, gold and all shades in between. The closest thing there was to red was a deep merlot color, or a red purple color of a plumb. There were scales, feathers and fur of all kinds. However there was no true red on any of them. "Maklar is truly a marvel. Red is the color of the sun, and the first dragün. I believe once he fully matures, he'll be bigger than his brother pitch. " She says sitting down beside Jason and moonrise. 

"This is more like a binding then a wedding. It's more sacred and from what Zahar told me, nothing like a earth wedding. " Maklar said. "It had to be done, I couldn't wait another year, nearly two years your time, for both moons to be full at the same time. " 

----

"Oh yes a vacation sounds lovely. The milk helps, but I've won a pepper eating contest once or twice, so I can handle a little... holy Gandalf! This is hot!" She grabbed the glass after a few bites of the meat and drank it down. "Yep, definitely glad for the milk."

"Yes, she's beautiful," Liv agreed. "I noticed that too, it's really interesting," She said, before her eyes rounded. " Bigger than Pitch? He's huge!" Liv looked at Maklar. "If you get any taller, I'll need a ladder just to reach your face!"

"Well, it's still what the draguns consider to be a marriage ceremony, right? After this, the two are husband and wife," Liv said. "So technically... I got married first."

Jackson looked away with a playful pout, turning to talk to Hope instead, allowing Liv to overhear Zahar and Rose's conversation. "Why didn't you tell me you were planning a vacation for the four of us, Mak?" She asked. "That sounds awesome! I love the beach."

Zahar gave Rosea knowing smile, taking another few bites of his meat as Rose grabbed the milk. "I tried to tell you," He laughed. "I wasn't kidding when I said that draguns like all their food hot. I'm a bit more used to it, since I grew up around it, but still... I don't know how they eat half the things they do. Like those peppers Maklar eats all the time - it's a wonder he doesn't have heartburn."

"Not taller. Larger. Human shape stops growing at eighteen. " Maklar muttered. "Dragon form doesn't until thirty or forty..." he took a bite of a strawberry. "I'm not a fan, water and all, but it should be warm so I'll be okay. It's cold water that affects me, anything lower then sixty degrees affects my flame. I was never planning it, Zahar was. And you are correct on that sakurata..." He retorted to Liv's question and commenting on the fact she pointed out about them being considered as husband and wife now. Hearing Zahar talk about him eating the peppers- as he just so happened to bite into the purple flame pepper- he snorted and started laughing. "One of my stomachs is full of fire! It's impossible for a fire elemental dragon to get heartburn.  You're just jealous because you can't take the heat..." he grinned at his friend. "However, if you ate it, your throat would bleed, and we can't have the king's silky voice get raspy huh?" He laughed joyfully. His wings and tail faded away, returning to fully human form.  It was then he caught a whiff of the perfume Liv wore. His eyes went ablaze, turning molten red gold as he dragged her from her chair and into his lap. "What did I say before about that sent? You getting back at me for what I said in the garden? Because it's definitely working..." he groaned. A vain popped in his neck as he turned his head away from her as their wedding gifts and performances continued throughout the meal, trying his hardest to not burrow his nose in her neck and see if the skin there tasted as good as it smells. It was then he recognised the scent as strawberries with a hint of Jasmine and vanilla. "Devilish woman... you'll be the death of me... " he turned orange as the yellow flooded his cheeks as he muttered the words low enough for her to hear: "You torture me so, but still more beautiful as a goddess of the stars...to call such a flawless moon stone mine is a miracle in itself. I am a very lucky man indeed to find such a rare and perfect gem."

--

"You did and I was stubborn and didn't listen, but I'll think I'll stay away from those peppers. " She says pointing to a vibrant green dragon who ate a purple pepper and started spouting smoke. She then heard what Maklar said about the peppers and her already large eyes widened. "Yes, definitely not. And you do have a rather... silky smooth voice. Like rich chocolate meets creamy caramel...." she mused giggling at the dragün's display of affection. 

-----

The wedding gifts where mostly songs, dances or poems composed in their honor, often presented by a female of the family. They went from strangers (who did the written and performing works) to family acquaintances some who still did songs and others gave gifts for the household such as; paintings they made, tapestries they've woven, porcelain cups and plates to crystal glass and blown glass or metal vases. Each family- no matter how large- gave one item or composed one performance for the couple. 

From acquaintances went to extended family. His uncles and aunts (whom he had three and two respectively) and their mates' family and Stargazer's parents all presented their gifts. They presented them with cooking recipe books translated so they can both make meals-and are fireproof, a free couples spa package at a ryuu resort for mix race mates for as long as they want whenever they want, a ship large enough for ten people with a smaller ship that'll fit five inside, the smaller ship's coordinates preprogrammed to Maklar's home on Rasabol so the two can visit each other, a better long distance communicator for both of them that would glitch and can be handled as a human phone to not raise suspension. 

Then from them to his mother and siblings. This was different from the rest, for each sibling gave a different objects, working from youngest to oldest. His little sister Rinka presented a medium sized stained glass window with Liv on Maklar's back. Typhoon gave them a sea shell collection that had an image in the shells of a beach with a sailboat in the distance. Windsheer gave them a wind chime made of glass, metal, wood and bamboo to create a array of sounds. Moonrise gave them a elaborate wood carving of a castle on a working waterfall fixture as a garden piece. Platinum made them matching armor suits, the breast plates where in a stylish almost leather looking jacket design. Ice queen came with a necklace for Liv, made from her own tiny scales that looked like opals that formed the shape of a single wing pendant that appeared to be carved from pure opal. Little and big blue gave them blades. Little blue with Maklar's sword that would flame up with his command, and big blue with Liv's, a switchblade made of Gringa, heated to a silver color and with cobalt runes he claimed that made the blade cold and would freeze whenever it cuts flesh of someone other than the wielder. Storm the second eldest brother gave them an embroidered quilt that had the moons, stars, suns and planets of Rasabol and earth with two soul like figures reaching out to each other over the distance. Maklar was represented by a pale pink colored thread, and Liv by a baby blue color. Pitch and his wife gave them matching journals. They explained that when one writes in one, it appears in the other and would disappear from the book once the intended responds unless they drew a star next to the passage, then it would move to the middle of the back where they could continue to read each other's words. Considering Maklar was a hopeless love stricken poet, this was perfect for communication so they don't bother the other when asleep and can tell the other about their daily activities. Then his parents came forward with a deed to a plot of land with a house for the both of them to have ( the main house on Rasabol would be the base of operations from mak's duties to Zahar however he won't have to live there) on the farming planet Farice so they'll have privacy. His mother gave them a box with two crowns in it. One made from red gold and brass interwoven bands with a sun emblem in gold embedded with diamonds for Maklar and a rose gold with a blue metal interwoven with a white rounded scale representing the moon. "Xeanta had made these six months ago. It shocked me when she asked me to give them to you as wedding gifts, and I inspected them both for any kind of hidden traps, discovering there is none. She told me the scale is from her body and the diamonds from her heart stone." There was a collective gasp as dragons touched the stone they had protecting their hearts. "Both of you standing against her,  and her isolation made her realise that she was wrong about both of you being weak and accept you as a respected Prince and Princess of the dragün people... She asks for your forgiveness and wants to start anew." Solest said softly.

((Done! ))

((Wow that was really long nice job))

Liv hummed in response. "Right, right, I think you've mentioned that before." She gave a shrug. "Either way, I'm excited, it'll be fun. Almost like a honeymoon." She heard her dad choke from across the table. "Don't worry, we won't do anything, dad," Liv said, grinning impishly. The sound of Maklar's laugh pulled her attention back to his conversation with the crown prince, the two exchanging jokes about hot peppers. "Can't ruin that good speaking voice of yours, Prince Zahar," Liv added with a grin.

"Please, Lady Liv, just Zahar will do. You're married to Maklar now, you're practically family," Zahar said with a smile.

"Alright," Liv agreed. "But only if you drop the 'Lady' title from my name."

The prince chuckled, before going back to his conversation with Rose. "Deal."

Liv gave a half-embarrassed squeak as Maklar suddenly pulled her from her seat into his lap, her cheeks flaring pink. She realized he had finally caught whiff of her perfume, which she knew full well would drive him crazy. She leaned back, exposing more of her neck with an innocent smile. "Oh, this perfume? I knew you liked it, so I figured..." She blushed. "You flatter me, Mak."

She heard Jackson stifling his laughter, and leaned back forward to glare at him. "Oh shut up, Jack. Unless you'd like me to bring up the time when -"

"Nope, nope, not necessary," He said quickly, pointedly ignoring Hope's giggles in favor of his food.

Liv turned her attention back to the gifts. The draguns didn't hold anything back, giving everything from performances to spa resorts to journals to blades (which Liv was excited to carry around). They even got a house. Maklar's parents didn't make a big deal about it, but Liv's family looked shocked. Liv was too, for that matter. She didn't realize a house fell under the acceptable list of wedding gifts, though considering it was his parents she supposed it was a little different. The most shocking gift was perhaps from Xeanta, Maklar's twin. It was two crowns, crafted for her and Maklar, made from Xeanta's scales and the diamond that shielded her heart. "Wow, really?" Liv asked quietly, shocked. She glanced at Maklar, waiting to hear what he thought about the gift - though Liv had a gut feeling that there was no trickery involved. Though she did feel better knowing that there were no hidden traps.

~

"Yes, that's probably for the best," Zahar agreed, taking a gulp of milk after a particularly spicy bite of his meat. "Phew, this stuff has kick. Never gets old." The prince paid no mind to Maklar's antics, instead choosing to chuckle at Rose's description of his voice. "Hmm, I like that description. I think it's fitting - though of course you'd compare me to something sweet."

Even Zahar's eyebrows flicked upwards in surprise at Xeanta's gift. Maklar's twin wasn't exactly known for her kindness, least of all towards her brother. "Xeanta is Maklar's twin," He explained to Rose. "They've never been on good terms, so this is a surprising gesture. Diamond given from a dragun can be sacred, especially from the one that guards her heart. Maybe this means Maklar and she can finally make right."

Maklar blinked, then sniffles. Everything went deathly quiet, as the dragün known for his tight grip on his emotions started to shed some tears. "That's all I ever wanted was for her to accept me. She's my twin, we hatched from the same egg... She is my sister, I'd risk my life for her if she was in danger... I still love her no matter what she did to me. Of course I forgive her!" He said rubbing his eyes. Someone handed him a handkerchief and he blew his nose incinerating the square of cloth. "Sorry.. " he muttered as a few chuckles came from the crowd. "Lay off the flame peppers for a while laddie." Called a rust colored dragon. Maklar rubbed his eyes again and carefully unbound the crown he wore from his hair and placed on the one his sister made as a symbol of his forgiveness. His hold on Liv tightened as he burrowed his nose on the spot where the perfume was strongest to calm down and get a grip on his emotions before he became like a child and started sobbing uncontrollably at his own wedding.  The clammer slowly started back up and went back to it's usual joyous tone. By that time, plus five minutes, Maklar had controlled his urge to cry with relief and joy at his sister's reconciliation however he had lost control of his instincts at the same time and was now trailing tender kisses up and down Liv's neck purring loudly. Kissing turned to playful nibbling and licking until his dad smacked his head and snapped him out of his trance as he was nibbling on a spot, causing his fangs to scratch two thin lines on her neck. He turned his head away from her looking completely embarrassed and his skin had turned a pale gold as a result, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. 

----

"Dragün people have such big and caring hearts." She said as Maklar started crying and forgave his sister. She seemed to look at nothing in particular. She wouldn't be able to do that. Forgive someone who hurt her like her mother. There was just too much pain and misery there. Absent mindedly she reached and took his hand, seeking comfort and reassurance that the one she trusted the most other than her father was there.  As the newly wed dragün appeared to be getting a little too frisky she snapped from her trance as his father's hand smacked the back of the dragün's skull. "Of course I used sweet honied words to describe you. I am a Baker of sweet things who has the sweetest matchi boy in the universe.." she said softly.

((Do we want to wrap up the party soon?))

Liv was surprised that Maklar, the man known for his stoic disposition, was about to cry. Apparently, everyone else was too. Liv followed Maklar's actions, taking the crown that Xeanta had made for her and placing it carefully on her head. Maklar burrowed his face in the crook of her neck, the party resuming it's normal uproarious noise after several moments of silence. Liv squeezed Maklar's had as the dragun got a grip on his emotions, several minutes passing with no change. Of course, she noticed the second something did change since he started trailing warm kisses on her neck, which quickly evolved into licks and nibbles - and Liv would be lying if she said she wasn't enjoying it. As Maklar was nibbling on one spot in particular, his fangs grazing a particularly sensitive part of skin, his father smacked him on the back of the head. He quickly turned away, looking utterly embarrassed. Liv held back a giggle, and noticing Jared sniggering from his seat across the table she kicked him hard in the knee. "Ow!" He exclaimed, glaring at her.

"What?" She asked innocently.

"You know what you did, Liv," He hissed. "That's going to bruise."

She sent him a look that said she didn't regret her actions in the slightest. "Sorry."

"No you're not," Jared grumbled, before returning to his conversation with Windsheer (who looked quite amused by the whole exchange).

~

"Many do," Zahar agreed. "There are the sour apples of the bunch, but most are very noble." He noticed Rose seemed to get lost in thought, reaching for his hand. He gladly obliged, lacing his fingers through hers. Zahar watched in amused silence as Maklar got a bit too... enthusiastic with his new bride. Maklar's father hit the dragun on the back of the head before he could go too far, though Rose's voice distracted him from watching the rest of the scene. "Flattery will get you everywhere, love," Zahar chuckled, lifting her hand to kiss her knuckles. He glanced back at Maklar, who was now a bright shade of gold, and smirked. "Ah, newly wed draguns. Especially the males, just can't help themselves. Instincts go wild, it's really quite amusing to watch," He murmured to Rose. "Never thought I'd see the day it happened to Maklar, though. Figured I'd be the one to get married first."

((Yes. A couple more posts then we can do the vacation.))

After seeing a couple yawns from the younger dragons and the humans Solest announced that the wedding party would be retiring to the castle to sleep. Moon Rise whistles and called a horse like creature with two curved horns protruding from its head one silver and one gold both shaped like a unicorn's horn only this had two horns instead of one. The stallion was large enough to carry three people on it's back, four if two rode side saddle. She helped Liv's parents on its broad snowy white back, then helped Jackson and Hope on as well. The steed took them back to the castle and road inside, dropping them off at their selected human rooms. Meanwhile wind and moon shifted into their Dragon selves, wind picking up Jared in her blue claws cradling him as she flew to the castle, moon doing the same in her form although far gentler than her sister. 

Maklar let Rose and Zahar ride in the chariot back to the castle as he scooped up his wife, sprouted wings and a tail once more, and took off. He swooped around the castle and landed on a windowsill of a turret. With his tail spike, he unlatched it and pushed it open, stepping down the two feet to the window bench beneath it, then to the floor setting her on her feet. 

He then turned and closed the window, wings and tail disappearing once more. "This is my room when I stay on Ryuu. Through those doors is a larger version of this room for my dragon shape, but this is room enough for me to enjoy." He said pointing to  a set of doors decorated with dragons breathing fire on the wall that contained a California king sized bed set on a four post frame with gold velvet outer canopy curtains and silver sheer curtains inside. Both sets where pushed back and tied around the posts reveling a luscious silvery blue fur on top of black silk sheets. His room was fit for a Prince and by the light of the full moons it was quite spacious with light and dark contrasting woods for furniture, and colors that was either a rich crimson, crush velvet black or starry night silver. 

A snap of his fingers brought a wide fireplace and all the candles in his room to life with an unnatural white blue flame. His domed ceiling was painted deep blue with what looked like diamonds set into it, making the constellations glitter. He strode to a wardrobe on a wall opposite of the bed, opening up a door beside it reveling a bathroom. He took off the crown and set it on a vanity desk on the other side of the bathroom door. "Those dresses are designed to make the couple intimate with each other on their wedding night however you are not like my kind so me touching your back probably wouldn't affect to you the way you touching mine would..." he said softly. "I'll undo the clasps, and I have asked for a pair of clothes and pajamas brought here for you to wear to bed tonight. You can change in my bathroom for privacy if you so wish. " he said formally, his movements guarded as he removed his shoes and jewelry items save for his wedding ring. He then padded over to her and started on the lower clasps of the dress back to the upper one, undoing the last one but not pulling it loose. His fingers trembled as they brushed her neck softly. "A small tug should loosen the last hook.... I'll... um... I'll change in the restroom." He muttered, voice husky as he snatched his pajamas, dashing into the bathroom and shut the door. Opening a second later, an arm tossed her pajamas on a chair. They were made of silver silk. 

Inside the equally large bathroom, Maklar sucked down air as he slid to the cool black marble floor, his trembling legs unable to hold him upright any longer. "Get it together...stupid great lizard..." he muttered to himself pressing the heel of his palms on his eyes while relishing the cold floor beneath him. He nearly tore off his top three liars, laying with his back down on the floor trying to calm the growing heat and need... no.... hunger was more accurate, to caress, to kiss, to taste every curve, count every freckle, callus, scar, stretch mark... every single millimeter of his new bonded wife. To connect his mind with hers (that he didn't realize that already happened subconsciously as they entered his room) so she can feel what he felt when near her. The incredible passion and unbounding love he had. With a groan, he flipped from his back to his front, pressing his cheek to the floor. He definitely didn't expect his instincts to be so.... so.... powerful. Maybe it was because fire and desire where relatively close to each other, and no wonder the floor was letting off steam as his body grew uncomfortably hot. He would take a long cold shower if he could do so without making him ill. "Stupid, stupid idiot..." he huffed not really knowing what to do at this point. He can sleep in the Dragon sized room, it was within the parameters, and his nest was close to his bed on the other side of the wall so it could possibly work, but would Liv be okay with that? Well isn't that the million dollar question. Damn, it's going to be a long night.

He thought sarcastically, unknowing that it had entered Liv's mind as well.

----

"It was quite the contrast when I met him first then when he was with Liv." She responded getting up to leave, stifling a yawn of her own. "It's shocking really, how such a young man can give off such a powerful presence and yet act so tenderly with a woman who's probably just as dangerous as he is.. " she laughed. "The same applies to Maklar and Liv." She added with a wink getting on the chariot, holding her hand out to help him up. 

((Had to finish my homework before I could post, but it's all done... only took all afternoon! -_- I was out in the morning looking for costume stuff and found the perfect trenchcoat for my Castiel cosplay :D))

Liv was pretty relieved when Solest called for the party to retire - she was getting pretty tired herself. She laughed as both Jared and Jason were scooped up by Wind and Moonrise respectively - the former was squawking in indignant surprise. The last thing Liv could hear Jared yell was "Be gentle, that hurts!"

Of course, she let out a startled squeak when Maklar gathered her up, taking off and wheeling around the castle, landing easily on the sill of a turret, unlatching the window to climb inside before putting her down. Liv's jaw all but hit the floor when she saw the elaborate room - it was fit for a king, and she had never seen something so fancy as long as she had lived. It put her bedroom back on Earth to shame. Maklar snapped his fingers, and the fireplace and all the various candles sprung to life, crackling with a merry, white-blue light. Liv followed Maklar's actions, removing the crown and her jewelry. Slipping off her shoes, she padded over to place them neatly beside's Maklar's. Liv brushed her hair out of Maklar's way, allowing him to reach the clasps to pull them loose. She could tell Maklar was tense and guarded - something she hadn't seen in a long time - but Liv had a good idea about why. She felt his fingers tremble as they brushed against her neck. "Thanks Mak," Liv murmured as he stammered awkwardly and disappeared into the bathroom, arm reappearing just long enough to toss her silver pajamas over a chair. Giving a half laugh, she shook her head gathering the pajamas from the chair and placing them on the bed. They were soft silk, and felt cool and light. She changed quickly, long used to having to hurry with three older brothers, and hung the dress in the wardrobe. Liv heard Maklar mumbling on the other side of the bathroom door, and deciding to give him time to work out whatever it was he needed to, hopped on to the bed, sitting Indian style on the plush comforter. She practically jumped out of her skin when she heard his voice, clear as day, even though she knew he was in another room, definitely out of earshot. Blinking, she shook her head and answered anyways. He had probably just spoken louder. "Yeah, it's going to be a long night if you stay in there the whole time. Venture out and maybe I can help you with your million-dollar question." She rubbed her hands over her pajamas. "Also these pajamas are really soft and comfy, I'm keeping them after this. Can I do that? You know what, I don't care. I'm doing that."

~

"Oh, you should have seen him when we were teenagers. Moody nightmare, he was," Zahar said with a snort, before laughing. "Aha, I see what you did there." He helped Rose up into the carriage, before taking her offered hand and pulling himself inside, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "So, what did you think about your taste of dragun culture? Like a zoo, don't you think?" He asked with a chuckle. "Pun intended, just don't tell Maklar I said that, eh?"

Edited by polaristar

((Oooo, supernatural and Halloween go hand in hand! :) ))

Maklar heard her with his enhanced hearing. He frowned slightly then realized what happened. He eased himself to his feet and changed out of his pants to the black silk pajama bottoms. He never wore a shirt to bed, and had forgotten to grab one in his mad dash to the bathroom. Gathering up the wedding garments, he stepped out into the room and walk to his wardrobe, hanging them up nicely. Her brother said it before, he was built. He had muscles in places humans dreamed of having, looking far more intimidating by seeing just how broad his shoulders where. He had runes that covered a third of his body, mostly on his upper arms and lower legs that where hidden under silk, however he had markings in gold on his skin. From alcamaic symbols of fire, heat and sun, metals and gems, to circles within circles. 

He wrapped up his hair in a bun reveling a string of runes running from the back of his neck down his spine. The only other markings on his back where the wings, the gold lines thicker than anywhere else on his body taking shape of his dragon wings to the smallest detail. He had a couple scars here and there, but nothing major. He took another deep breath and turned to face her. "You can keep the pjs, I had them made for you. I was thinking I could sleep in my dragon room, if I sleep in the nest it'll be close enough through the wall. Or, if we sleep on opposite sides of the bed... but I don't think I.. can remain in control of my instincts. I never felt this way towards anyone and I'm known for my control over my emotions, to... to have this... desire to beg for your touch, your  sweet tender kiss.." He shook his head rubbing his temples before folding his arms across his chest biting his lip as he looked nervous. "I tell you that I love you, and how much I care for you, but I never imagined that feeling being so incredibly intense. Every fiber of my being wants you yet I am a man of my word so it's really conflicting for me. " He realized he was rambling. "The point is, I think it's best if we don't touch at all otherwise I'll get... very passionate and I don't know if you're ready for that or.. if I'm ready for that just yet... " 

-------

"It's definitely exciting. I won't, after all, you have such beautifully colored hair, it'll be a shame if you lost it along with your eyebrows. " she said leaning against him. "But I prefer the easy going way of your people. There was too much going on to absorb it all. " she got off at the castle and a servant lead them to their rooms that were across from each other. She kissed Zahar goodnight before heading to bed.

((Aw, that stinks! Have you been catching any of the rereleased CB Halloweens? I saw a Copper in the volcano earlier but was locked :mellow:))

As Maklar finally emerged from the bathroom, Liv had to look away to hide her blush. He was just as intimidating without armor as he was with it, not an ounce of fat on his body. He was all muscle, and though Liv wasn't one to be shallow she figured she was pretty lucky to get to spend her life with someone so... attractive. Runes patterned over his body, golden against his red skin, many of which disappeared below the waistline of his pants. He seemed to be avoiding looking at her, allowing her to stare freely at the muscles moving in his back and shoulders, though she quickly glanced away when he slowly turned around, quite sure her cheeks were at least a little pink. Maklar explained, looking quite embarrassed, nervous, and almost ashamed as he explained why it was best that they sleep in separate rooms. Hopping off the bed, Liv padded over to him, squeezing his arm gently. His skin was very warm against her own, and she mused that it was hot, even for him. "Do whatever makes you comfortable, Mak, you won't hurt my feelings. I'm going to the bathroom to brush my teeth, and then going to bed." Releasing his arm from her grasp, she walked towards the bathroom.

~

((Should we do the assassination arc now?))

Zahar chuckled, rubbing a hand fondly through his hair. "Yes, it would be a shame, wouldn't it?" Upon their arrival to the castle, he helped Rose out, following a servant to their rooms. "Goodnight my love, sleep well," He murmured, kissing her sweetly. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to knock." He parted, heading into his own room to prepare for bed.

((I got one Cb ghost dragon, however I'm saving spots for the new Halloween dragon coming this year.))

Mäklär nodded and let her pass before padding to the bed and climbing inside. He'd be okay. They'll just sleep on opposite sides of the bed. He had brushed his teeth when he was in there and washed his face with cool water to get his mind focused. With another snap, the fireplace went to embers, and most of the candles went out except for two candles on either side of the bed, perched on a dresser. When she came out and got settled a flick of a wrist put those out too. Maklar didn't expect to get any sleep, however he was exhausted and it hit him as soon as he laid down. Within a half hour he was asleep. 

(((Assassination? I thought we'd do a quick beach arc. I have an extra idea for the assassination attempt though...))

Rose kissed him back and went to her room going to sleep. 

((We can do the beach arc first. I've written so much Sherlock fanfic today for nano that I just can't do any more right now lol))

Liv didn't take long in the bathroom only a little more than five minutes. Considering she grew up with three brothers, she had to learn to be in and out quick, or get barged in on. The room was dim when she left the bathroom, the fireplace that provided most of the room's warmth down to embers. She crawled on to the opposite side of the bed from Maklar, quickly getting comfortable as he snuffed out the last candles with a flick of his wrist. Her exhaustion hit, and she was asleep within minutes, breathing deep and even as she shifted in her sleep.

((Going to skip to beach. nooo! Lost Rose's bathing suit pic!))

They were all sitting in Zahar's ship as they flew to the island he chose for their vacation. Rose had on a black swimsuit, a modest bikini with a rose embroidered across the top. Around her swimsuit she wore a dark blue beach wrap dress  to cover whatever skin showed. A tattoo showed on her ankle, حياه which means life in Arabic that sat just below a series of thin scars. On the back of her neck was another tattoo hidden beneath her hair, and yet another wound its way from her left shoulder across her back and around her right leg once before it stopped. It was the entire 'all that is gold does not glitter' poem, ending in the Arwen eveningstar outline on the back of her thigh. "I never been to a tropical island before! I'm so excited, and you look adorable Liv!" She giggled.  She got up and walked over to Zahar kissing his temple. "Thanks for bringing us my love. It's good to get away from it all for a little while. "

---

Maklar had his knees to his chest, head on his knees as he was trying not to get motion sick. He had on a loose button down shirt and swimming trunks on (with flame designs of course) his tense stance also said he was trying very hard not to hound Liv about covering herself up.... for when he first tried to when he picked her up from her home he ended up getting chewed out and smacked on his arm. Then he got increasingly flustered by her glittery suit and how she exposed her back on purpose. "Are we there Zahar?" He muttered, peeking out at the sound of rose moving around the cabin. His eyes locked on Liv. "Does your brother have a wedding date set up? That way I can take it off and see the ceremony. "

((I seem to have lost Liv's picture too D: ))

Zahar was, for once, piloting his ship, tossing in the occasional conversational comment. He was primarily piloting in order to not stare excessively at Rose, who was wearing a pretty and very distracting bikini. Zahar didn't look even remotely royal at the moment, dressed in silver-colored swim trunks and a loose, short sleeved black button up. "We're about five minutes out, Maklar," He informed his friend, ship circling around the private island owned by his father. He smiled at Rose as she dropped a kiss to his forehead. "That it is, Rose. Buckle in, ladies and gentleman, we are beginning descent!" The tropic island wasn't very large, but inland was a rich green. The water surrounding it was a pristine blue, and the white sandy beaches were as inviting as the Earthen ones. The only sign of any sort of habitation was a large villa sitting only a little ways off the beach. The landing strip was farther inland, and they'd be driven back by servants who had come several days ago to prepare for their arrival.

~

Liv knew for a fact that Maklar was flustered by her swimsuit, which was sort of the point. It was black and had green-blue sequins that flashed in the light. Obviously, it was a bikini, which showed off her curves underneath the cover up she had slipped on before the left. Maklar had tried to ask her to wear something a little less... revealing, but she smacked his arm and told him in a rather long-winded way that he could take his suggestion and shove it, much to the amusement of Jared, who happened to be around at the time. Maklar backed off after that, more occupied with not getting motion sickness on the ship than staring at her glittery suit. Rose was talking about how exciting this was, and Liv couldn't help but share in that sentiment. "I know, right? I have never been to one either, but from the pictures I've seen tropical beaches are absolutely gorgeous!" She grinned at Rose's compliment. "Thanks, Rose, you look pretty cute yourself! I love the wrap you have, where did you get it?" Liv's attention was distracted by Maklar, who had asked about the date of Jackson and Hope's wedding. "Uh, I think they have. I can't remember the exact date, since last time we talked about they were throwing around a few, but they were planning for sometime in April, I think. They want to do it outside, so they're going to have it before it gets too hot outside." She sat down in the seat beside Maklar's at Zahar's call, buckling herself in as the prince began his landing descent towards the breathtaking island. "Have you ever been here, Mak?" She asked in excitement.