Polar

Extraterrestrial

Maklar watched the scene with amusement. Then he started to make a sound he didn't know he could do. He was purring. It sounded like toothless from how to train your Dragon. He let her go and started walking with her behind her brothers still making the sound.

"This is interesting..... " He said as he touched his chest. He shook his head and looked at her. "Dragon's breath condensed into a liquid is a cure all for bruises burns, scratches and broken bones. It can also cure a few sicknesses. It's how we treat animals at home. " He said

When they got to the house he lead her inside and had her sit down as he got a cloth damp and lightly cleaned her cheeks and hands. Then he cupped his hands and breathed twice in them and held them over one another before removing one hand and holding out a cupped hand with the same cloudy liquid that was in the bottle. "Put this on any scratches and bruises you see. It will help greatly."

"You alright?" Liv asked him, concerned. He seemed a little confused, but she wasn't completely sure why. Maklar treated her very gently, as if she would break if he handled her too roughly. He cleaned her off, and while she would have protested that she was perfectly capable of doing it herself she doubted he would allow her to anyways. "Thank you." She said, watching in interest as he provided her with the same stuff that had healed her burn. "You healed my burn with dragün's breath? That's really cool!" She said, taking some and rubbing it on her stomach and the rest on various bumps and bruises she had attained from the game. Her brothers had all insisted on taking Zeke so once again, it was just her, Maklar, and her mom, who had worriedly asked what had happened. "Zeke happened." Liv had grumbled as Maklar led her into the living room.

"This is amazing, Mak, thank you." She said sincerely, wrapping him in a tight hug. "I owe you one."

"It is nothing to be concerned with. " He said softly to her question. He was startled when she hugged him and he lay his hands on her back leaning over the foot and two inches height he had on her to hug her properly.

"Please, do not consider yourself indebted to me. You are a friend of mine, and I am protective of those I consider friends. I have very few in the first place. " He held her tighter, the purr bubbling up in his chest again. "You sure you are alright? When the shock wears off feel free to come to me. Do not be afraid of appearing weak in front of me. Men here view women differently then my people. I admire your strength of heart, you handled the situation like a professional. In my eyes, there is nothing that a woman can not do, and even if they shed tears, it is their spirit healing itself. ..."

He sat down and hugged her properly and tightly. My mother always said, Hygorin (hi-gore-in) flowers never bloom if mother nature never cried...but when she does, even when her heart is shaken, there is beauty in the midst of the storm."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Should we play it out until the next day and then skip to the fourth, or would you rather just play out the whole week as some sort of 'bonding experience'? Also, I have a villain idea rolling around in my head, so after this I'm going to go poke it with a stick wink.gif ))

"If you say so." Liv responded, pressing her face into his neck. She doubted that she would sleep well tonight - she had such a proactive imagination that anything even remotely startling tended to give her nightmares. "If you insist." She said with a smile before nodding. "Yeah, I'm okay for right now. But I get nightmares really easily - I'm sure this will be a common theme tonight." She admitted to him with a slight chuckle. Liv wasn't completely sure why she told Maklar that - even Jase and Jared didn't know, but it wasn't uncommon for her to seek solace with Jackson when she was younger.

"You know, Maklar..." She started hesitantly, "We haven't known each other long but I consider you to be a good friend. I just thought you might like to know that." Her voice was slightly muffled but it was easy to understand. He was quite warm, Liv found, and she was quite sure that if he held her like this for much longer she was liable to fall asleep. She pulled away slightly reluctantly, feeling drowsy. She realized the stress had finally hit her and she felt as if she could sleep for a week. "If I hugged you much longer I probably would have fallen asleep." She told him with a giggle and a rueful grin. Her eyes darted to the clock on the wall. "It's only 11:30 - my brothers know I'm in safe hands, so they probably won't drop by again until later." She tilted her head, staring up at him from her position on the couch. "So what do you want to do until then?"

((Skip to the fourth.I want to play rose again! 'Poke idea with stick too' ))

Maklar was asleep. He was breathing heavily, eyes half closed he didn't wake when she moved. The anger flared up his fire, but only for a moment. A dragun's fire is their source of strength and power. When he had calmed, the flame lessened, leaving his exhausted and warn out from the experience.

((Wait, where is Maklar supposed to be? I'm acting as if he's on the couch and she's in her bed. We can jump to the fourth after this interaction.))

Liv was curled in a tight ball in her bed, the fan's movement being the only sound in the dark room other than her quick breathing. Flashes of Zeke's face swam through her dreams, with taunting laughter and pain from nondistinguishable place. "Babe, stop fighting if you know what's good for you. You're mine now." His voice snarled. She jerked awake, breathing heavily with tears stinging in the corners of her eyes. She realized that Zeke could have assaulted her. She could have died. Liv's chest heaved as her fears were heightened in the darkness. What if he came for her? What if Zeke finished what he had started? The darkness pressed around here, there was no one here to save her now... "I'm right here. I'll protect you." Maklar's voice floated through her consciousness. Maklar... but no. She didn't want to disturb him - he was asleep, and she doubted he would want to hear about her silly fears in the middle of the night. "When the shock wears off feel free to come to me." Liv remembered him saying. Maybe... no. She wouldn't pester him.

It was several more long, stifling minutes before she couldn't take the silent, fear-inducing darkness anymore. Rolling out of bed, she stumbled as quietly as she was able out of her room, fearful tears blurring her vision as she moved down the stairs. What if he was behind her, ready to grab her? Or waiting at the bottom of the stairs to ambush her? Her breathing increasing, Liv half-ran down the hallway before bursting into the living room. All was quiet. Maklar's breathing was slow and even, his large form draped over the couch. Despite his feet over the edge he looked quite comfortable, and Liv second-guessed her decision to wake him. But she wasn't sure she could stand going upstairs in the dark again, and the natural groans of the house sealed her decision. "Maklar!" She whispered, shaking him awake. "Please." Her voice cracked - how was she supposed to explain what she was feeling? She was terrified, mostly, and was unable to get a good night's rest when feeling like she would be jumped at any moment. Liv needed to be somewhere safe. She needed him.

((He was on the couch. ))

Maklar's even breathing stopped. He opened his eyes, the golden orbs literally glowing in the dark. He looked at her and lightly touched her cheek. "Tell me what makes you afraid. " He sat up and pulled her to his lap holding her.

He brushed the tears away from her cheeks. "I'm here, I'll protect you. Stay as long as you need.." He said with a low purr. This felt nice. Maklar didn't know how to put this feeling to words. He knew she needed him, and he liked feeling needed. "I'm right here.... I'm right here. Nothing will ever hurt you when you have a fire breathing Dragon protecting you."

((I think I saw a typo and read it wrong.))

Liv curled up in his arms, pressing her cheek against his chest. The steady beating of his heart and the unspoken promise in his voice calmed her, the trembling of her shoulders subsiding somewhat as he held her. "I'm afraid that he's coming for me." She whispered to him, swallowing. "I keep thinking he's going to jump out and finish what he started." Liv told him, before giggling slightly. "Yeah, I know you'll look out for me." She murmured. "I was just alone and scared and it was dark and..." She trailed off, shutting her eyes tightly. She could hear rumbling in his chest - Liv wasn't completely sure what it was but it was a comforting noise. Her breathing leveled and her shaking subsided almost completely. "Thank you." She murmured for what felt like the millionth time that day. Her eyes were drooping, the lack of sleep washing over her in a wave of exhaustion. A few seconds later she was asleep, breathing level and even as she burrowed deeper into Maklar's chest.

((You can write a short reply to this and then time skip or you can just post after the time skip, it doesn't matter to me.))

Edited by polaristar

Maklar moved and lay down tucking her beside him covering only her legs and letting his own body heat keep her warm. He rubbed her back lightly and soon he fell asleep along with her arm hooked around her so she doesn't fall off.

--------------------

Rose waited with a tunic on and trousers, her own sword at her side. It was made from Damascus steal. The sword was on her hip as she waited near the bunker for him to land, sitting in the shade of the trees

Zahar wasn't completely sure how he managed to convince his father to allow Rose to visit. Usually humans were never taken to this planet unless they were engaged to be married, but Rose was different and as a prince he had more freedom than most. He woke up that morning with a large yawn, stretching out and feeling his bones crack and pop. He rolled over, looked at his clock, and... "Crap! I'm gonna be late!" A picture of dignity, Zahar hurriedly dressed and didn't touch his hair, giving him an attractive yet slightly rumpled sort of look. Maklar had been gone for the past week, and Zahar had contacted him earlier in the week to check up. For someone who swore he wouldn't be engaged in six months, he sure seemed smitten by the silver-haired girl that would occasionally appear in the video behind him. No one else would have noticed, of course, but the dragün had seemed to be less grouchy than usual.

Zahar barreled haphazardly through the corridors, nearly running down three young guards as he burst into the hanger and ran into his ship. "Launch to previous coordinates." The prince panted, sitting down only to realize he had left his cape in his room. "I can get it later." He said to himself, shaking his head. It wasn't long before the ship set down and Zahar dropped out, still looking quite winded. "I see you've came prepared." He commented. Rose's clothes were much closer to what women on his planet and he couldn't help but eye her appreciatively. "My cousin, Raham, is very excited. We don't want to keep him waiting, now do we?"

((I'm assuming Maklar is back on Rasabol at this point? Just clarifying before I write Liv.))

((Yes he is.))

Rose stood up and walked over to him looking concerned. "Are you alright? You didn't have to rush. It's a lovely day today." She looked down at her outfit. "Is this okay? It's something I usually wear to a renaissance festival, I thought it would be better to have something similar to your clothes...." she trailed off fussing with her tunic. She had her hair braided then put up in a tight bun so it wouldn't get in the way when she was practicing.

"I have my sword, Damascus steal, forged by me. But I agree. We shouldn't keep him waiting. I would like to see your planet too. Oh-" she reached into a satchel and handed him the last two copies of the Lord of the rings. "I promised you these. " she then scampered up the ladder inside. "Do you need coffee or something in the morning?" She called down to him. When he finally got up, she was sitting buckled and waiting in the passenger seat next to his place. "So...." she said spinning in the chair. "Any guesses on my middle name?"

"Just fine." Zahar replied, jumping up and pulling himself into his ship. "I just got up like 20 minutes ago, is all. And your dress is fine - quite close to the women on my planet." He examined her sword for a moment before nodding to himself. "Your sword works fine for our purposes today. If you were to train consistently you'd need metal forged by my people but for today it will do just fine." Zahar sat down in the pilot's seat, not even bothering to buckle himself in before he sent his ship back to his planet. "Just so you know - there are a lot less women on my planet than on yours. Men will not disrespect you like they do on Earth, but fair warning that they will try to win your affections. As long as you stay near me you will be fine. Also, people might think we're engaged because usually humans are only brought to Rasabol if they are engaged to one of its residents." Zahar rubbed the back of his neck. "Just throwing that out there."

Zahar pursed his lips in thought. "I have a few ideas, but none I'm willing to share quite yet. Just so I'm clear: the name can be found in the first book, correct?" He opened the hatch and dropped out, lifting a hand in greeting to the young engineer working on the neighboring ship. "Come on down, and see the wonders of my planet!" Zahar said jokingly.

~ ~ ~

Liv sat curled in the window seat, looking outside at the trees swaying in the breeze. Dark clouds hung heavy over the air like a blanket, making the outside stifling and promising rain. It was only eleven in the morning but the clouds had remained from the night before, seeming to echo her mood. It had been four days since Maklar left, and four sleepless nights. Somehow, when he was here she managed to find herself curled up on the couch with him, his arm wrapped tightly around her waist in order to keep her from falling off.

But without him she was restless, jumping at every sound and unwilling to sleep due to the nightmares that plagued her dreams. Jackson or Jared would often stop by, and she'd curl up into their side for a nap while they watched TV. But naps could only go so far, and heavy bags hung over Liv's eyes as she struggled to stay awake. She understood that Maklar had duties back at his home, so she didn't beg him to stay behind and help her, even though he probably would have if she had asked. She convinced him that she was fine... but she wasn't. Liv hoped every day that he'd be back, but it had only been four days - why would he come back here so soon?

Liv had felt listless and anxious after Maklar left, and despite her continuous assurances to her parents that she just felt under the weather she wasn't completely sure they believed her. After the first night when Liv's dad had just about pummeled Maklar for him being curled up on the couch with his daughter, Liv was forced to explain what had happened and now every time they saw her they gave her almost pitying looks. Liv couldn't stand it, and too nervous to go into the woods alone for fear that Zeke was lurking there, she just stayed in her room instead with only Malachi for company. Even the dog seemed worried, often trying to convince her to come into the woods, but it was soon clear to him that his master simply didn't want to. Instead he stayed holed up in the room with her, bored but determined to help his master.

"Yes it can" she said and dropped from the hatch with a flip and landed on her feet. "As for the whole "winning my affections" no need to worry about that. I'm a little harder to get". She looked up in wonder. "Holy mother of Megatron.... I feel like a child in a sweet toy store now. "She giggled.

She ran out from under the ship to get a better look and jumped up and down. "This... is amazing!" She salqueeled. She ran back and grabbed his hand and dragged him out from under the ship them she stopped and looked at him. "I think it's best if you lead the way. .. " she said softly looking sheepish.

-------

Maklar was also depressed. He seemed grumpier then usual back at his own planet. He snapped at everyone, didn't sleep well and looked into the distance worried about liv.

He went back, this time with his mother who held a wide barrier around him to repeal the rain. It looked like a large umbrella really. They approached the house and he knocked on the back door. His mother had brought the Hygorin flowers that had a beautiful and strong fragrance and seemed to glow softly in the dim light, for liv's mother, as a thank you for taking care of her sick son (and putting up with him).

"If you say so." Zahar said with a smile. "They are very persistent, however. But they should leave you alone with me around." He said with a chuckle. Rose was excited, much like a kid in a candy store as she grabbed him by the hand and towed him in the exact opposite direction of where they needed to be going. He looked slightly shocked at this but quickly masked it, instead smiling in amusement. "I suppose I should. Especially since you were going in the wrong direction. I need to stop by my room to grab my cape, but that will only take a moment." He led her out of the hangar, seemingly immune to the curious looks and respectful bows he received as he passed - growing up as royalty had left him more resilient to such attention than most.

"Here we are." Zahar said, swinging open his door to reveal a nearly spotless room. "Maids must've come." He said. "This bed was nowhere near made when I left this morning." Rummaging through several drawers, he finally pulled out his trademark silver cape and swept it around his shoulders, clipping it on and making him much more intimidating of a figure than he really was. "Alright, Raham should be out and ready now, I'll lead him and you in simplified stretches before we get on with the lesson." He shut the door behind him, leading Rose through countless mazes of corridors before the walked into the dazzling light of the twin Suns. A boy of about fourteen, with hair the same color as Zahar's and bright blue eyes grinned and waved. "Hullo, cousin Zahar!" He greeted energetically before his eyes fell on Rose. "Hullo! I'm Raham, Prince Zahar's cousin and the secondary heir to the throne. What's your name?" The youth asked with a slight bow and an energetic smile. His voice held a British sort of sound to it - from his accent it was obvious that he hadn't always lived in the city surrounding the castle.

~ ~ ~

Liv jerked so violently at the site of Maklar emerging from the trees that she fell off the window seat with a thump and a groan. Blood was flowing out of a gash in her palm - she had asked her dad to fix that nail, but he never had. At least now he would after she gave herself a nasty cut. "Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch!" Liv repeated, hopping to her feet and running into the bathroom. "Why is it always me?" She turned on the tap and let water wash away the blood from her hand.

"Liv, you have guests!" Her mother yelled from downstairs.

"Just a minute, Mom. Just had a little, erm, accident!" She shouted back, somehow managing to stop the bleeding and seal it with a large Band-Aid. Shutting off the lights she ran full-tilt down the stairs, where her mother had just let in Maklar and a woman with whom he shared remarkable resemblance.

"I'm Lily, Liv's mother - it's a pleasure to meet you." Her mom said with a smile. "Oh Liv, there you are. I was just introducing myself. What did you do to your hand?"

"Just a little mishap with that nail by the window seat, Mom. Nothing to worry about." Liv said with a sheepish but tired grin before tackling her friend with a hug. "Hey Mak, it's good to see you!" She said, her mood lightened considerably as she pulled away and offered her unhurt hand to his relative. "Hey, I'm Liv. It's nice to meet you."

Rose seemed uncomfortable with the attention. She walked close to Zahar and looked around the palace corridors. "Lucky." She said softly at his mention of maids.

"Hello there, I am rosemary." She says with a bow. "Um... Rosemary Baker... I really don't have a cool title..." She looked at the Prince. "I'm ready, what do you have for us?" She stood beside his cousin looking at the Prince. "Let's get this started I'm excited about this!"

------------

Maklar scooped her up in a hug holding her tightly. "Hey, how are you doing?" Me muttered softly to her. "I got a gift for you. " He says setting her down looking at his mother. "Allow me to introduce the wife of the Kings General, and Queen of the Dragün, my mother Solest de Algörün Ver' Köwtêv (Solest -de- Al-gore-n) Light of Ryüü. " He said, formally introducing his mother.

The woman dipped her head in greeting to the both of them. Her voice was beautiful, and enchanting. Her eyes were the color of opals and her skin a red color with silver marks. Her hair was braided much like her son's and matched her eye color.

"Pleasure to meet both of you. I brought you these lady Lilly. They are Hygorn flowers native to my home planet. They thrive in humidity and rain. I'm quite certain they will thrive here year round. They can outlast in a fire, droughts and freezing temperatures. They are Ryuu's national flower, and is even on the royal crest. " she handed Lilly the small flower bush. "This is a thank you gift for tending to my son, and for any trouble he might have unknowingly caused."

Zahar laughed. "Not as lucky as you might think - they keep moving my clothes around, I can never find anything. Why do you think I had to look in three drawers before I found my cape?" He questioned, grinning.

Raham seemed enchanted by Rose. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Rosemary. I am excited to fight with you today." He said somewhat formally, bouncing on the tips of his toes. "I already did my stretches, Cousin. I figured they'd be a bit rigorous for someone who has never performed them and decided to do them on my own."

"If you are sure you are stretched out, then I will lead Lady Rose in a short warm up." Zahar said. He had slipped into a more formal way of speaking on his home planet, as it was what was expected of him. He showed Rose some easy stretches, and it didn't take long until they were ready. "Alright, Raham, get in the typical stance one would take at the beginning of a fight." Zahar told him. His cousin did as he was told, slipping into the stance with practiced ease. "Good. Now, Lady Rose, I want to copy his stance as best as you can. Once you think you are ready, I will tell you to begin some beginning-level sparring." He glanced at his cousin. "You are very close to the advanced level, Raham, but I need you to use beginner's moves."

His cousin nodded. "Okay, Zahar. I can do that."

~ ~ ~

"Not too bad, all things considered." Liv whispered in response, though it was a small lie, as she was practically dead on her feet. "It's a pleasure to meet you." Liv responded with a smile and a dip of her head. Her mother did the same.

"Oh, Maklar was no trouble at all, a perfect gentleman!" Lilly exclaimed, leading them to the dining room. "Much more helpful sick than my boys are perfectly healthy, he was an absolute pleasure to have." She told Lady Solest. "Can I get you two anything?" She asked as she placed the pot on the windowsill where they would get sun once the weather cleared. "A truly generous gift, thank you!"

Liv leaned over to murmur quietly to Maklar while her mother was speaking. "I need to talk to you." She whispered. Liv didn't want to worry him, but she had to talk to someone and he seemed like the best person.

Edited by polaristar

Rose followed his instructions warming up and stretching. When told to take a similar stance, and his cousin was instructed to use beginner moves against her, she rolled her eyes. "Stop babying me is insulting! I told you i know how to fight!"

She he huffed and drew her weapon. In a bit of irritation, she decided to show off, and spun the sword in her hand, flipped it into the air, spun, caught it and took up a stance. "I'll go by the human moves. Don't worry, I'm not a porcelain doll. " she smiled at his cousin brightly.

--!-----------

"Don't lie to me." He muttered in her ear. "I can tell when you are."

((It's a bush so she can plant it ))

"No thank you lady Lilly, but I would like to speak to you privately if you can spare a moment of time." Solest said softly. "Good, it is nice to hear at least one of my sons have good manners, it makes me happy knowing I got a few things correct." She smiled a little.

Despite her not wanting to concern him, the emotion wrinkled his brows lightly. "Anything, what is it?" He said softly, his tone and eyes looked worried.

"Alright, fine." Zahar said with an amused smile and a roll of his eyes. "Though don't say I didn't warn you. Raham has been training to fight since he was ten." He turned his violet gaze to his cousin. "Raham, give it all you got."

Raham brightened considerably. "You got it, Cousin!" He twirled his sword too, for good measure.

Zahar crossed his arms. "Don't draw blood, and no engaging in hand to hand combat." He sent his cousin a pointed look, and Raham grinned sheepishly. "Alright. On your mark... get set... go."

His cousin had moved immediately, his sword moving easily as if it was an extension of his arm - it was obvious that he had had years of practice and intense training.

((You can RP this part.))

~ ~ ~

((Whoops, my bad. I'll go back and edit the previous post later.))

"Sorry." Liv mumbled, looking away. "I'd rather talk about it privately." She was relieved when his mother said she had things to discuss with her mom - it meant she could pull him away to talk properly. Towing him upstairs to her bedroom and flicking on the lights, she sat down on her bed Indian style, moving so that he could sit if he wanted. "I haven't been sleeping." She said quietly, the bags under her eyes accented in the fluorescent lights. "Too many nightmares." She told him as Malachi barked excitedly in greeting, nuzzling Maklar's hand in hope for a treat. "I'm able to nap when one of my brothers are around, but... I haven't been actually sleeping, like, at all."

"Of course I can spare a moment - between Liv and the boys I'm hard-pressed to be able to talk to any other mothers now that they're older and can drive themselves around." Lilly smiled. "Please, have a seat. I'm sure we all feel that way; I can't help but think that sometimes my boys have no manners, they act like animals sometimes, I swear." She smiled, lines appearing around her face that showed her age. "Liv is my youngest, I have three boys that have already moved out, that's why they're not here making a racket." She told Lady Solest with a chuckle. "Now what is it you'd like to speak to me about?"

Rose also moved like the weapon was her arm. Their swords clashed, pulled away and clanged again. After the boy pushed her back a bit with his swings, rose turned the tables. She got on his inside, pushing him back. It was clear she too had training and practiced well.

The two seemed evenly matched when rose stepped wrong and her sword was knocked from her hand. She barely dodged the swift sword and smiled slightly when the boy stopped, the sword at her neck. "Well done! You were able to keep up with me, but there's one thing my sence taught me...." she grabbed his wrist and yanked him off balance, his back to her. She held a small dagger to his neck. "Always carry more then one weapon so you are never without defense. "

----------

Maklar sat on her bed and held out a small round device. "I know, me too. Here, this can only contact me and the picture is clear so it seems like I am right there. Call me when you need to. There's only one button and that's to call or hang up. " He said, rubbing the dog's ears absent mindedly. He set it down and brushed her hair back from her face to see her eyes better. "That way I'm a call away, no matter how many light years away I am from you..."

She sat down with a grace that was entirely natural. "I have five girls and six boys who are all animals literally. It's murder on the carpets of my home. Had to remove them due to the scorch marks." She said with a little laugh.

"Although my people are great beasts capable of causing many disasters, like every creature, there is a weak point. Formidable as we are, when it comes to our hearts, there's nothing more pure or fragile as a dragüns loyalty and love. " she looked at Lilly with soft eyes. "I know you see it. Every mother knows when it comes to their children. My son is quite smitten with your daughter."

She paused for a moment. "Do you remember your first love?" She asked, waiting for a response. After it came she continued. "I do. I am married to him. You see, while human hearts and even the Degra when trying to woo a woman move on when there is no connection between them anymore. A dragün on the other hand..... does not."

She looked at her wedding ring twisting the band around her finger. "Even if your daughter doesn't return his affections and loves another, my son will never marry, never look at other women, and protect her from afar to make sure no danger befalls her. Even when she has long passed, he will continue to watch over her grave, grieving for her and guarding her remains until he himself joins her in the afterlife. Our hearts are made of glass, and our first love is our only and our last. Maklar doesn't understand his affections for her right now, but he soon will discover what his Dragon self feels for her. "

She traced the wood grain on the table. "Do not worry. He will not move forward in their relationship unless she takes the first step. Male dragün's are submissive by nature to any female, and even can not tell a lie, even a little one, when a woman is present in the room. If this courtship continues, he will eventually come and ask you for your daughter's hand in marriage. I am telling you this so you are not alarmed when he does so..."

((I feel like it's going to take longer for Rose and Zahar to get together than for Maklar and Liv, lol))

Zahar laughed at Raham's shocked expression. He knew that his cousin had never lost to a human before - his reaction was enough to show that. "Well done, Lady Rose!" He praised his friend warmly. With a flick of his wrist her sword was hovering point-down above the ground, waiting to be grabbed. "Another lesson for you, Raham. Never underestimate your opponent." He said, still chuckling. "Now, again. You both have learned more as to what to expect from each other - strengths, weaknesses - so I expect you to use that information as you fight again." It was obvious that the young Prince was a natural leader and teacher - his voice held ringing authority and certainty that many older than him didn't possess. "By the way Raham, I talked to your mother and she wants you home by ten for chores."

The youth grumbled but didn't object, instead twisting put of Rose's grasp and inclining his head in approval. "Well done, Lady Rosemary. You fought well and are obviously a worthy opponent." Spinning his sword, the teenager moved into position once more.

Zahar wore a knowing smirk. It was obvious his cousin was quite attracted to Rose - Raham highly valued good sparring skills and did not give compliments such as that often. "You may begin whenever you are ready." He stated, stepping back into the shade in order to shield himself from the two suns and to give the two more room.

((Again, you can RP the fight out))

~ ~ ~

"Thank you, Mak!" Liv said, hugging him to hide her blush. She was starting to realize that she liked him. A lot. But he lived on a completely different planet, not to mention her was a different species than her. It would never work. She leaned against him, fighting the exhaustion that had been weighing her down for days. But something was niggling at her, something he had just said... Then she remembered. "You haven't been sleeping well either? Why not? Are you okay?" She asked him anxiously, looking up at him through worried silver eyes.

Lilly laughed slightly, talking a seat as well. "Ah, the boys used to track in mud all the time. Mark, my husband, managed to sort that all out. Though I must say that burn marks are new." She sobered as Maklar's mother became more serious, explaining about her kind in a gentle voice similar to the one that Maklar would use around Liv.

"Of course I've noticed, with those two it is difficult not to. Liv is... well, she's tough but she has never been much of a social person. Being attracted to your son will obviously be a new feeling for her - I doubt she'll know what it is at first, as innocent as she is."

Lilly nodded at her question, listening. Like her daughter, she seemed to take things in stride, seeming unfazed at what Lady Solest told her. "I'm glad you told me this, thank you. I feel like I should reassure you that Liv is not going to play with his feelings - they will realize what they mean to each other eventually, and she won't look at another man twice for as long as they stay together, whether it be only for a little while or for the rest of their lives."

Lilly paused for a moment before continuing. "When he comes and asks me - though usually here the man asks the father - I will have no problems. I have seen how he treats her and know that he would never harm her. So when he comes... he has my full blessing." She spoke confidently - she knew Liv, and her feelings would be no match for the confident, attractive, sweet dragün that she had stumbled upon in the woods.

((Also, question about the purring that I meant to ask - is it just because he is smitten with her, or does it serve some other purpose like naturally calming her down or something?))

((Maybe..... smile.gif Rose has been in fencing in college, but she was in kendo and judo classes, and her father and some soldiers taught her krav miga and special forces knife skills. She's a strong woman. ))

She put away her tiny two inch dagger and grabbed her sword. "You're not to bad yourself kid. But... you're still pulling your attacks. Yeah I'm a woman, but I'm certainly not fragile. I grew up in a military family on a military base. I learned how to fight with the best of them. Try out some new moves you learned recently. K?"

She said and took her stance again. He nodded and took up a fighting stance. Rose took a step to the side, then another. He seemed confused at what she was doing but kept his weapon pointed at her. She then lunged forward and fainted to the right, before swinging it under his intended block to the left side. He blocked it, pushed her blade away and tried copping her move of getting on the inside.

She stepped back. It then become a sort of dance with deadly weapons. They spun stepped, slid spun again, leaned towards each other then away from the other. This time he knocked her blade away and the dagger. He tripped her then pinned her.

Still she grinned. "You're learning, but... I suck with swords...." she kicked him off, doing two black flips and pulled from her back two six inch long black daggers in a show of skill, making them a blur around her hands before stopping them in front of her face in a X. "So, let me shake things up a bit..."

--------------

((Purring is a show of affection and trust. It is basically his instincts saying "this woman makes me weak" such a action in public could be taken either as "this woman is mine and mine alone" or "she's under my protection, hurt her and you die".))

He pulled her onto his lap and tucked his nose by her neck, another deep purr sounding as he breathed in her wild flower and pine mixed with wet earth smell. "I was worried about you. I know it those memories haunt you. I wish I could take them away. I have been trying to find out what star is your sun in my sky, but it's hard to find..." He said softly, eyes drooping. Her scent alone made him calm and relaxed. "Do you want me to heal your hand?"

"For humans, the men rule, for dragün, the females go to war or work and the men stay to egg sit or watch the hatchlings. I've gotten into many arguments with my husband on that note. Females of my race is stronger, powerful, and larger then the males. To them, we are a gift gracefully bestowed upon them from the gods. For us, we seek the mother for the blessing, for she is the one who carried, birthed, nursed, taught and raised the child. The sire has little authority over a wedding considering it's the women who plan it. "

"But, I will mention that to my son when he does eventually ask. Make sure he does it properly. Now, speaking of weddings, there's something I need to tell you. You're family may come, but during the ceremony she'd have to drink a single drop of my blood and his blood in a cup of moon water. This will turn into an elixir that will give her youth and longevity for as long as my son lives. She will age slowly and will outlive her brothers. I am asking because you know her best, will she be able to go through with this, seeing her family grow old as she stays young?"

((Ah, gotcha wink.gif ))

Zahar watched silently, his seasoned eye picking up both of their weaknesses. Rose was good, but she often left her left side unprotected. Raham looked slightly intimidated by her use of two daggers instead of a sword. "You must learn to go against a variety of opponents, Raham. She has a weakness, find it."

"Can I use -" Raham started hopefully, thinking about his powerful mind reading, but he quickly let the subject drop at his cousin's face.

"No, Raham, figure it out on your own. And stop holding back, she can handle it." Zahar said scoldingly. "Now, continue. I don't want any more talk from either of you until someone has lost."

~ ~ ~

((Okay, that makes sense smile.gif ))

"I may not be sleeping, but I don't want you to worry." Liv said, running her hand through his hair as he pressed his face to her neck. "You can do it later, you don't have to worry about it now." She told him, yawning and pressing her cheek to his head. He sounded drowsy, and she was too. "Let's take a nap." She suggested, pulling him down so that they were laying on her comforter and curling into his chest. She may not have a chance with him but she could at least enjoy his company while it lasted.

Lilly chuckled. "I can imagine, among a race where men usually are the head of the household I feel that could make some tension." She hesitated, thinking. "I know Liv. She wouldn't want to watch us grow old and die but at the same time, she'd be consumed with guilt for eventually leaving him. I think she would do it, but not without some regret that she couldn't grow old alongside her brothers."

Raham, now determined to prove his strength to his cousin charged at Rose. He was startled at her swiftness. She darted down and hit him with the butt of the hilt, enough to hurt or bruise later.

After the first initial attack (sloppy on his part) both become a whirlwind of motion. Where rose left her left side unprotected with the sword, she was dangerously skilled with the daggers, leaving no weak points.

When it started to seem like a stand still, rose started to play dirty. She stomped on his foot. Jabbed her elbow in his stomach. Hit the hilt of her weapon on his inner thigh. Rahman was shocked as he was pushed back more and more. This human fought like a true seasoned warrior. He was starting to get fatigued. But she was too, she wasn't used to the gravity and the heat.

In a desperate attempt, he made a few of her dirty moves knocking her to the ground, but the pointed guard of a dagger hit a spot on his wrist, forcing him to drop his weapon. No matter, he planted a foot beside , the other on her right hand. Restraining her left wrist when she attempted another attack, and lifted his left fist to show she's defenceless now.

Rose at this point didn't see Raham, she was six again, coming home from girl scouts. She saw her mother with the bottle above her and she turned her face with a whimper.

---------------------

"Hmmmm.. " He hummed and slipped off his shoes as they lay down and wrapped his cloak around them both holding her tightly. "You smell wonderful.." He said softly half asleep. It didn't take him long before he was fully asleep.

"As to be expected.... " she said with a sigh. She then waved her hand in a dismissive fashion. "Enough serious talk, it's been a long while since I spoke to another mother and like any woman I do enjoy a bit of gossip. I might come from a different planet, but please talk freely to me. I'm sure I'll figure things out without too much explanations." She grinned brightly at the woman.

"Hey!" What did I say about hand-to-hand?" Zahar barked, using his telekinesis to force the two apart. "There is a reason we don't fight dirty when practicing. Sparring is about skill with your blade, not with your hands." He turned a furious gaze to Raham. "Raham, you should know better. Disarmed means defeated." He flicked his wrist, returning the sword to him. "Go home, your mother needs you now." He ordered the youth, who apologized quickly before scurrying off. Shaking his head, Zahar turned to Rose who was cowering even after Raham had left. "Oh Rose." He sighed, striding over and kneeling down, pulling her to his chest and allowing her weapons to hover point down without using his hands. He made calming noises, rubbing her back. "It's alright, no one here will hurt you. It's only sparring."

~ ~ ~

"You smell wonderful..." Liv heard him say softly. The words didn't quite register in her addled mind, the exhaustion that had been weighing on her for days finally taking over as she relaxed and fell asleep, breathing softly.

"Yes, it has been long time since I've talked to another mother. Living way out where we do, there's just nobody around." Lilly said with a shake of her head. "The boys love living in the suburbs - they all live in an apartment together, the place is a mess." She shook her head fondly. "Though I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Jackson gets married. He told me he is going to propose to his girlfriend soon, a lovely girl." Lilly said, pleased.

At that moment the door banged open, and Jackson rushed in looking breathless but excited. "Mom, she said yes! I proposed earlier and she said yes!" He exclaimed gleefully before noticing the guest. "Oh, hi! I'm Jackson."

"Lady Solest, this is Jackson, my oldest son. Jack, this is Lady Solest, Maklar's mother." Lilly told him, looking thrilled. "Congratulations, I'm so proud of you!" She said, getting up and hugging him tightly.

"Thanks Mom. Maklar's here? Sweet! I've gotta go tell them!" He said before running upstairs and skidding in the room before rolling his eyes. "Of course they're asleep." He muttered with a roll of his eyes, walking back downstairs. "I'll tell them later. In case you were wondering, they're both conked out on the bed." He said with another eye roll. "Liv hasn't been sleeping, and it doesn't look like Maklar has either. Just throwing that out there." He popped himself down in a dining chair, mumbling about OTPs under his breath. "How are you today, Mrs. Solest?" He asked politely with a smile.

Rose was trembling. "I smelled like beer for weeks. " she whimpers and her hand traced the scar across her nose to her eyebrow. "Mom was always mean...." she curled up against him and let him hold her. She took several deep breaths before muttering. "I'm sorry. I should have asked to fight like that. It was how I was taught..." She leaned against him and slowly her trembling had stopped. "Thanks..." she muttered softly.

-------!--------------

Solest started laughing. "Oh my such marvellous timing!" She giggled and waved her hand. "Lady solest please." She said softly still giggling." Mrs is a common term for a last name, solest is my first name, I don't think you could even pronounce my last name dear boy! I congratulate you on your successful proposal and wish the both of you good fortune and happiness."

She leaned on the table a bit. "I figured as much, my son has indeed not been sleeping and in his current state, not resting isn't well. His fire is recovering quicker then expected but to get to its former intensity, he needs two weeks our time to completely recover his strength. " she looked at Jack. "So you also think they are a cute pair?" She giggled. "Maklar was always is stoic and professional, but lately he's quite cranky, he even knocked out one of his brothers the other day. I am doing well, concerned about my baby boy but such is a mother's job. "

She looked at Lilly again. "Two of my eldest sons are married, the eldest is finally having a child... the poor dragün woman's family has a history of fertility issues and sadly had many still born hatchlings or dead eggs. She came running to me yesterday with the news much like your son did, and now my son never leaves the single egg alone and grew fiercely protective of his potential child. "

She gave a knowing smile. "Four of my sons are still bachelors and are very very messy.. I swear they get it from their father, that man leaves his tunics, cloaks and socks everywhere and I'm constantly tripping over armor. " she said rubbing her temples.