TJ09

2015-10-25 - Halloween Event: Brewing up Mischief

I breed my Black Marrow pair and keept all their eggs D: Now I have 10 eggs on my account, what happened?

Edited by Glaciarie

I breed my Black Marrow pair and keept all their eggs D: Now I have 10 eggs on my account, what happened?

I only see 6 eggs.

The others probably auto-abandoned.

I only see 6 eggs.

The others probably auto-abandoned.

I saw all the eggs on my account, but now it's fixed, woops ^^

You won't keep them. You need to pick one, and the rest will AP, but if you don't pick one, they all will AP. Or is it now that one is picked for you, if you don't pick? Been here too long, many changes. lol

You can't keep them all forever. They will auto-abandon after a certain amount of time, so pick your favorite ones now.

Beaten to the punch by everyone else again.

I have 39 treats so far, and there are at least 4 others I've seen I don't have yet.

Not a very colorful batch this year.

That's because Halloween is supposed to be dark and spooky duh. Looking at mine, there don't seem to be too many dark vs bright ones compared to the other ones. Maybe you just don't have enough of the shinier ones yet?

I'm posting too much, aren't I? But I love Halloween and DC Halloween events.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

I wish the effects of the potions would last until the end of the event or at least 2-3 days not only 24h sleep.gif

Ah, but Crow me luv, check out the previous years. Much more colorful selection, hon.

OMG that's gorgeous O.o

I know, right? I wish we had them looking like this in the cave for good, it's beautiful!

I really wish the dinosaurs and the Mint Dragon would stay that way, or at least have the option to stay that way.

How often do the trick-or-treat and ingredients pop up? I saw someone say 12 minutes or so a few posts back but it feels a lot more often than that. Unless... Time just flies when you're having fun? cool.gif

Just got a Swirling Shadow. Looks cool.

In a more metaphorical sense, these tricks and treats do seem to be "darker" than previous years - as in, there's lots of scary stuff and not much candy or shiny. Spiders, bloody knives, eyes, brains in jars, bats, that really weird deer thing. It's all rather creepy. I like the fireflies though.

Ah, but Crow me luv, check out the previous years. Much more colorful selection, hon.

Hmm, I can see your point to some degree, but I still see some pretty non-dark-and-drab ones. Maybe it's because I missed collecting treats for a few years and only have two other sets to compare. It also seems I'm not getting anymore, so maybe I'm done collecting them all now? That seemed fast compared to, say, the Festival of Eggs.

But the kids like dark and edgy these days, don'tcha know?

In a more metaphorical sense, these tricks and treats do seem to be "darker" than previous years - as in, there's lots of scary stuff and not much candy or shiny. Spiders, bloody knives, eyes, brains in jars, bats, that really weird deer thing. It's all rather creepy. I like the fireflies though.

But creepy is the whole POINT of Halloween, really. X-mas and V-day have the fun, fluffy, shiny things covered.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

It also seems I'm not getting anymore, so maybe I'm done collecting them all now? That seemed fast compared to, say, the Festival of Eggs.

But the kids like dark and edgy these days, don'tcha know?

You can't be done, hon, cause I've got more than you do.

Just got another one, so it's still going, have over 40 now.....

Edited by Riverwillows

Do ingredients spawn randomly, or at certain intervals like treats do?

There's a bit of an interval to them, but it seems to be based off the "rarity" of the previous one you got than a set time. I say this having just spend 9 hours hunting them to help with the Wiki. I noticed that the less common an ingredient was, the longer I seemed to take to find the next, but more common things (like Pumpkins) I'd get hit with 5 with like a minute between each.

It's weird.

Edited by animetriplicate

Late to the party but eager to get started!

Happy Halloween, DC!

And thank you, TJ, spriters, and event makers!

And I locked myself with a CB Lunar for five hours : P Time to pray I get a nicely lineaged Desipis now xd.png

Hm....these ingredients are a pain in the bum....where's that fruit I need for my onion? xd.png

But creepy is the whole POINT of Halloween, really. X-mas and V-day have the fun, fluffy, shiny things covered.

Well, yes, point taken, but trick-or-treat is the fun, little kid friendly part of the holiday. The costumes, movies, decorations can be as scary as you like but you're still going to end up giving a four year old in a princess elsa costume a snickers bar :P

Maybe I'm just biased because I don't particularly like halloween.

Finally got the potions thing to work, made this very distorted mint xd.png

Finally got the potions thing to work, made this very distorted mint xd.png

Makes me wish I hadn't released my mint forever ago.

I don't like their normal sprites but man, if they could stay like the potion sprite...

Edited by MetalheadStevie