gad786

How do you choose dragons?

Ive noticed different scrolls dont have all the dragons but still they have multiples of the same dragon.so i was wondering how people choose which dragon they want next.

My way of choosing is i go to the ap and i just take any egg that i Haven't caught yet.so basically im trying to get a complete collection of every dragon possible to get for the average user.right now i am able to get the "easy dragons" but eventually ill be forced to spend lots of time refreshing the ap page tongue.gif and then eventually breeding and summoning or getting the neglected dragon.i wont get doubles of a dragon untill i get every dragon or i need to for some reason.

How do you choose your next egg?

Edited by gad786

At the moment I grab/breed eggs for lineage projects. I do have scroll goals that are left unfinished, however, so I try to figure out some lineage involving them beforehand so I have even more incentive to pick that breed up.

I really don't have any specific means of choosing which eggs I get next. I just kinda grab what I like or breed or trade, haha. xd.png

I grab CB rares/uncommons such as Xenowyrms, Blusangs, or Unbreedables, and trade them for low "asking prices" such as 4-5 CB/PB Stripe hatchlings (its not much, since stripes are somewhat common, and I don't ask for influenced hatchlings.) I ask for low prices since I know a lot of people don't have much luck catching rares. That, or I gift them away, and the giftees are usually very happy c:

I automatically click any CB Metallics in the biomes , and any stripes in the AP.

whim, really. red dragons are automatically grabbed. sometimes I'm making a halfhearted attempt at breeding something, so I'll be looking for specific breeds, but mostly I'm just rounding out my collection and grabbing whatever catches my fancy at the moment.

Besides funny codes or a special story behind a dragon, I mostly look for nice lines that I can breed and regift to others. Honestly, that is my greatest joy. There are certainly love certain sprites and get at least a small group of them, but mostly, its about regifting. I do also love lines that are special for some reason. But again, the best part of those lines is being able to share them.

It varies. ATM, I'm working on making an Astrapi x Silver checker, hoarding Magelights, Nebula's, and Anagallis, and clicking on any CB rares I see in the biomes. wink.gif

Edited by The Flash

In the biomes, I mostly focus on what I need for my scroll goals, followed by any rares or nice codes I spot while hunting. In the AP, I love grabbing CB hatchies, "alt-fail" PB Blacks, Vines and Undines, shiny things, nice codes, whatever grabs my eye! smile.gif

I mostly hunt in the biomes rather than the AP, just because I try not to tempt myself with any more nice lineages I need to find mates for. I already have over 100 dragons who need mates, and only 25 of those I can easily breed mates for myself in a few generations. *Sob*

I mostly go for rares. I really like silvers, ices, and coppers, but I will get other things to trade for what I do like, too. I mostly end up with trade bait from the biomes, but it helps me get closer to finishing lineages.

I do, however, always grab red dragons out of the AP, vampires, blacks/vines/undines (to try for alts), nice purples, and sometimes nice pinks. Sometimes I will find a CB or purebred of a breed I like (such as falconiforms) or need more of.

If I know I need a certain breed with a certain lineage, I will look through the AP to see if I can find it. I sometimes get lucky. I found a perfect 3rd gen guardian checker to silver, which I needed for my silver of the same lineage. smile.gif

Mostly lately, though, I have been breeding to try to knock some off of my mate wishlist. I have at least one CB male and female of every breed you can get in the biome, plus all holidays from solstice onward. So mostly I am just working on the mates I need. If I can ever manage to breed them all mates, I can start looking for fun lineages again. Haha!

Really, there's no rime or reason to my hunt. I'm trying to have 2 males and 2 females of every breed I can get my hands on, plus frozens. I prefer the AP since it's a lower time, and usually I can find CBs or nicely lined things I need in there. Reds and pinks are autos, doesn't matter if they're messy or inbred, I allways feel like I have too few of them so I grab what I can get. When I do hunt the biomes it's usually for reds or pinks or more uncommon commons you usually don't find in the AP, or rares, of course. Depending on how high the timeframe in the AP is I have 3-4 eggs from there and the rest from the biomes. I'm just way too impatient laugh.gif I haven't quite wrapped my head around breeding yet, like all the lineage types etc, but sooner or later I'm gonna start experimenting with that as well.

@tinti: A good way to get into breeding and lineages might be the Lovely Commons Project, for quick successes and pretty results. From there, it's easy to design your own lineage styles smile.gif

I mostly go by what's currently available. And then there are the z codes, of course, it's kind of an addiction. One day I'll need to organize my scroll to find all the lineages that I started and never finished! xd.png

@tinti: A good way to get into breeding and lineages might be the Lovely Commons Project, for quick successes and pretty results. From there, it's easy to design your own lineage styles smile.gif

I mostly go by what's currently available. And then there are the z codes, of course, it's kind of an addiction. One day I'll need to organize my scroll to find all the lineages that I started and never finished! xd.png

Thank you, Ruby, I'm gonna check it out! I've seen it around the Breeding Boards but never clicked on it wink.gif

Oh yeah, the z-codes, forgot about them (how could I ever? ohmy.gif) They're so fun and addicting! I'm gonna try to build up an army of those.

Edited by tinti

I have a list of ones I want and I may try to go for a specific egg, or check the Cave and the areas for dragons I know I'd like...

When it comes to new dragons, I try to get at least a few CB during the release, in case they go rare.

If the sprite is especially cool, then I keep collecting, and building lineages. If they're not my favorite, I end up having just those first initial few (plus random neatly lineaged low time insta-hatch ones I find in the AP)

I have a long list of scroll goals I'm slowly chipping away on; mostly it's 10 CBs of each type of dragon, other than rares, but I am currently spending most of my time either finding eggs in the AP that I want to freeze, or breeding for some of the lineages I also have going. I usually try to find rarer dragons since the common ones are...well, common. Right now I am trying to catch more common dragons, since I realized I have very few Stones.

Funny how you can't find things when you want them but they're everywhere when you don't /laugh

I don't really haha!

I am slowly working on a handful of scroll goals, and finishing off various lineages, and right now hunting down Christmas mates. Whenever things get too hard to find I usually fall back on grabbing AP guardians or CB black teas.

I kinda want to get down to 0 things to do at the moment - no more IOUs, finish my 2 major scroll goals (CB life mated pair + 1 of each hatchlings, and then on top of that 10 CB of each breed that are NOT life mated) and name all my dragons. But that is such a long way off that I also just give up fairly often and do the aforementioned falling back on Guardians and Black Teas tongue.gif

I also tend to catch and freeze pretty lineages off the AP which takes up egg room I could be using for my goals but meh, they look nice!

I mostly collect pretty lineages and CB's required for my scroll goals (4 CB's of each breed) and lineage projects (too many to count and new ideas keep popping up, so my list of projects tends to grow pretty fast and I'm stuck with a bunch of WIP's tongue.gif).

Currently, most of my eggspaces are occupied by Holidaykins, since I'm prepping for the upcoming Christmas and Valentine events and am trying to breed mates for all the Halloweens I gathered during this year's event.

I mostly hunt the AP. Usually I grab stuff for my greenwing/frostbite hoarding. However, with the high time in the AP lately, I have just about grabbed anything relatively low-timed.