Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

@purplehaze Yep, I meant the text that is displayed on the browser tab (or window) - not so easy for me to translate these things into English. 😹

I never looked at the the link, though, but that's true! And of course I do agree with you that it's nothing super important, just some inconsistency.

@Long_Before_Sunrise You mean this one?

Also, talking about inconsistency... haha.

randompair.thumb.png.2207fb758ad6bb6a76063310c8ae6fd7.png

Edited by Tiira

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Hershel is the only SAlt Yule Buck, right? 

Yes.

On 11/17/2022 at 8:05 PM, Shadowdrake said:

On the other hand, they also could have given 0 eggs but I don't ever see that happening on holidays.

Random fact but while 0 eggs doesn't happen anymore on holidays, it used to. I remember the huge disappointment of my one and only Valentine 09 (at the time) not giving me a single holiday egg on Valentines Day 2010.

If that's the year I recall, wasn't there a glitch at the start of breeding ? IIRC it was reset for the ones that failed, but most people never noticed.

1 minute ago, Laura-Borealis said:

I'm having trouble resetting my password for the site (not the forum)
Account name is your scroll name, right?

Right. Has your email changed? That sometimes causes people trouble.

Just now, Lagie said:

Right. Has your email changed? That sometimes causes people trouble.

No, it's the same one I've used for years.
It's weird because I changed the password a few weeks ago (and promptly forgot it) and everything worked fine then.

Does the encyclopedia count when you look at an undead dragon during the day, while it is in tombstone form?

27 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Does the encyclopedia count when you look at an undead dragon during the day, while it is in tombstone form?

Yes!

I've been inactive for most of this year, from Valentine's through Halloween. Is it normal for the AP to just be all xenowyrms most of the time now? Or is there a mass breed or something going on that I just don't know about? Maybe I'm just unlucky but that seems like a strange pattern.

5 minutes ago, Amberfly said:

I've been inactive for most of this year, from Valentine's through Halloween. Is it normal for the AP to just be all xenowyrms most of the time now? Or is there a mass breed or something going on that I just don't know about? Maybe I'm just unlucky but that seems like a strange pattern.

I've noticed that it's sorta always like that lately. 

3 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I've noticed that it's sorta always like that lately. 

Drat, that's my preferred hunting place and it's almost useless if that's just the new normal. I like them but not that much.

28 minutes ago, Amberfly said:

Remember when it was mostly Striped dragons? And messy ones at that? Xenos seem to have taken that space for now.

There is a mass breeding effort going on right now, but not Xenos...

It might add some variety. I just hope it doesn't throw enough eggs in there that the AP eggs are too old to influence!

4 hours ago, Amberfly said:

Drat, that's my preferred hunting place and it's almost useless if that's just the new normal. I like them but not that much.

Yeah, it's the new normal to see a bunch of Xenos there.  It's worse than usual the last few times I've checked, but it's normal for there to be a lot of them.

It's folks breeding them--often with Cenestials which can multiclutch--in the hopes of getting a Stat out of them.

Why does the graveyard page no longer seem to work? Everytime I visit, nothing happens. Logically, there should be some eggs dying every day.

2 hours ago, Dogmage999 said:

Why does the graveyard page no longer seem to work? Everytime I visit, nothing happens. Logically, there should be some eggs dying every day.

It's random whether it displays for you every hour, and you'll see the dead eggs then.

How does one lineage?

I nabbed this guy and they gendered correctly, so I want to continue their pretty lineage! I also have no clue how to make a lineage look like this!

what would I need? Obviously a heartstealing dragon but… yeah I really just don’t know how to do this.

lineage here https://dragcave.net/lineage/nxzea 

I believe they’re a checker??

1 hour ago, Cuon said:

How does one lineage?

I nabbed this guy and they gendered correctly, so I want to continue their pretty lineage! I also have no clue how to make a lineage look like this!

what would I need? Obviously a heartstealing dragon but… yeah I really just don’t know how to do this.

lineage here https://dragcave.net/lineage/nxzea 

I believe they’re a checker??

For that, if you wanted to continue it, you'd need to get your hands on several more 2nd gen dragons from that sort of pairing--so 2 more male Silver Tinsels from a male S.Tin paired with a Heartstealing Dragon, and 2 Heartstealers from male S.Tin/Heartstealer.

Then, you'd have to breed them until you got a 3rd male S.Tin from one and a 3rd gen Hearstealer from the other, and breed those 3rd gens into a 4th gen Heartstealer to pair with your S.Tin.

That's if you wanted to avoid inbreeding.

For a lineage like that you may find it easier to instead try and come up with a complementary checker lineage that you think would look nice paired with it and breed them in a pattern until you have a mate for that dragon, rather than continuing that checker pure.  (Simply because getting 2nd gen prizes is a pain in the butt)

25 minutes ago, KageSora said:

For that, if you wanted to continue it, you'd need to get your hands on several more 2nd gen dragons from that sort of pairing--so 2 more male Silver Tinsels from a male S.Tin paired with a Heartstealing Dragon, and 2 Heartstealers from male S.Tin/Heartstealer.

Then, you'd have to breed them until you got a 3rd male S.Tin from one and a 3rd gen Hearstealer from the other, and breed those 3rd gens into a 4th gen Heartstealer to pair with your S.Tin.

That's if you wanted to avoid inbreeding.

For a lineage like that you may find it easier to instead try and come up with a complementary checker lineage that you think would look nice paired with it and breed them in a pattern until you have a mate for that dragon, rather than continuing that checker pure.  (Simply because getting 2nd gen prizes is a pain in the butt)

I can definitely see why people hate doing this.

20 minutes ago, Cuon said:

I can definitely see why people hate doing this.

Well, that is a particularly hard lineage to make. Being between a Valentine dragon with a scroll limit and a Prize dragon with a very limited supply of CBs, makes it very trade intensive to continue. Most checker lineages, even with rare or uncommon dragons are not that difficult and can be a lot of fun. Some people do really enjoy the challenge of building lineages like the one you have, though.

For some reason, I can't view my own forum profile even though other users' pages work just fine. Is it just me, or could something have gone wrong with the latest software update?

(And what are those new member reputation points? 😸)

1 hour ago, Tiira said:

For some reason, I can't view my own forum profile even though other users' pages work just fine. Is it just me, or could something have gone wrong with the latest software update?

Yes, this is happening to me as well. Here is the error message that appears instead of my profile:

[[Template core/front/profile/profile is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edited by 0x08