Jen-Kollic

Stitching the Solstice Dragon - COMPLETE

Spectacular and shiny! This has really inspired me to start a cross-stitch starring some of my favorite dragons, even though I ought to be spending that time writing. xd.png I bet it will look even more stunning by Christmas!

Its lovely! ^^

really makes me want to add cross stitching to my growing list of arts I want to do

Edited by flame249

For Odeen's birthday you should send her one ;D

That is BEAUTIFUL! You must be so proud!!! Congrats!!

And to Odeen too! The Solstice dragon is truly a beautiful work of art and creativity. I wish I was around when they released ;P

So pretty o.o I've been watching this for a while but never really commented.

Question: to post these sorts of things (like turning sprites into arts like cross-stitchings or beads (perler/pony) etc.) on this forum do you need permissions from the spriter? This may not be the place to post this but I've been watching this for a while and thought you would know lol

Edited by Clya

Question: to post these sorts of things (like turning sprites into arts like cross-stitchings or beads, etc.) on this forum do you need permissions from the spriter? This may not be the place to post this but I've been watching this for a while and thought you would know lol

They asked me before they began. In most cases it's mainly a courtesy to ask, and I want people to ask when they make fan-art of my dragons mainly because I love seeing what wonderful things people do with something I've made, but with cross-stitch it might be more imperative to make that contact beforehand since you're directly transcribing the artwork onto another medium.

Question: to post these sorts of things (like turning sprites into arts like cross-stitchings or beads, etc.) on this forum do you need permissions from the spriter? This may not be the place to post this but I've been watching this for a while and thought you would know lol

You should always ask permission, the artist has every right to refuse. If you make a pattern then you'd need the artist's permission to post it as well. All the rights to the design belong to the artist, and as Odeen says, turning it into a cross-stitch is basically doing a pixel by pixel copy of their work.

Aaaaaaand, finished!

user posted image

It's now hanging up on one of my bookshelves in the circular frame. I used some glow in the dark threads on the orb between the horns, but I'm not sure how strong the glow will be. Still, I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out, thanks again to Odeen for letting me use her awesome design!

Round of applause for you! This is... wow!

The finished piece is absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing your work with us and thanks to Odeen for the lovely artwork!

Oh, that is stunning!

That's so beautiful! I cross-stitch from time to time, but I doubt I'd be able to make such a great thing from scratch.

Oh wow, that's seriously stunning work! Well done indeed!

Makes me truly wish I had the time these days to stitch...