Jen-Kollic

Stitching the Solstice Dragon - COMPLETE

It looks lovely! I can't wait to see the finished image.

I'm beyond jealous of your skill.

Oh my goodness, that looks amazing thus far! ohmy.gif Can't wait to see the final result! :3 *stalks the thread*

o: I've only done needlepoints so far because the guesswork involved in cross-stitching would drive me mad, but I have to say, that is gorgeous!! I'm with Mage on this one-it makes me want to stitch some dragons!

I'm following this; too awesome to ignore. tongue.gif

What guesswork?

*silently watching thread*

A bit more progress:

user posted image

Did I mention I really love the colours in the wings? The snowflake shapes are being left blank for now because I'm going to use sparkle effect thread for those, so they'll be done last with the whiskers and antlers.

Pixel art does translate really well into cross-stitch, this is being worked directly from Odeen's sprite zoomed in to 3200%. The hardest part is matching the colours, especially when I've forgotten to write some of them down...

Oh my gosh, I love this! As an amateur cross-stitcher myself, this is really cool to see. I want to try and make some other sprites myself, this is amazing!!

Absolutely lovely, its amazing that you've been able to replicate the wing colors.

Oh wow, it's wonderful seeing the sprite so perfectly replicated on a larger scale. Beautiful work so far. <3 biggrin.gif

That's so pretty! I will definitely follow this project!

Ooh, this is really cool! I'll be stalking :3 Looks great so far!

Added in the whiskers with metallic thread, unfortunately the sparkle effect doesn't show up that well in the photos:

user posted image

This is turning out beautifully!

Slooooooowly getting there, more blank parts filled and the tail started:

user posted image

Also you can totally see the coffee splash now. The whole thing'll be washed when it's done though, so any marks should come out. I'll be doing the antlers last because they'll be added with metallic thread which is an absolute pain in the arse to work with because it tangles and snags so easily. But at least they'll look sparkly.

*fangirling*

Man if those were sold on the DC Shop imagine how fast they'd sell out!

It's absolutely gorgeous right now, keep it up!