Epyon

Pirates of the Realms OOC

You'd have him start on the ship since the crew is currently at sea in the present RP time. However, it's up to you whether you want him to be a fresh and new recruit or a member that's been part of the crew for some x amount of time before the start of the RP. smile.gif

Thank you Narvix. I'll think about it. laugh.gif

Once you figure it out and place the information in your sheet, it's accepted. smile.gif

Okidoki. Edited. I'll start him off on the ship to avoid unwanted sidetracking. ^^

Although, I am a wee bit confused as to what exactly mister Briagh is currently up to. unsure.gif

Edited by Psyduсk

@Biologist I would say yes. Once Narvix puts her pirate into play, I'll bring in the storm that Calendriel pointed out to Dangan.

@Whispers If that's okay with you, of course.

Sure! I deliberately made Cal uncertain of which way the storm was headed, so you could use or ignore it as needed smile.gif.

No. You're fine. Not everyone can post immediately though. Biologist needs to post still as do I but we've all got lives and, I at least, am often busy from school. I don't know Biologist's schedule.

No. You're fine. Not everyone can post immediately though. Biologist needs to post still as do I but we've all got lives and, I at least, am often busy from school. I don't know Biologist's schedule.

Oh, I just figured that, well since most RPs I used to join in on DCF used to shortly become inactive and just fade away... I got a little worried is all.

Hopefully I can make my post this evening after dinner. It's only morning for me right now so it's going to be some hours until then. Briagh's going to reappear so there's no limbo from the Pirate side.

Ep, were you hoping for anything with the wrecked ships? Cause I can toss in a couple of NPCs to make things interesting.

Yea, go ahead and do that. Let me post and then you can do so. I am hoping for maybe a small encounter on the wrecks.

Hnnnnng Okay. I posted. This took way too long to finish because I kept getting distracted and then I lost everything.

I did run the NPCs by with Ep and he was okay with the ideas I presented.

Just a heads up: My laptop is away for repairs, so my replies might be spotty / non-existent until this weekend or Monday (when I'll be able to borrow a laptop).

Is... is it always this slow? huh.gif

Its been over a week and I've only gotten two posts in.

Edited by Psyduсk

It hasn't even been a week though? Since the last post was made? Ep has to work the night shift 5/7 days. He told me he was kind of stuck as to how to respond with the NPC situation at the schooner. I was waiting on him before I posted Briagh so I can just get everyone at the same time.

But, if you're not patient enough, I can cater to your needs and post with Briagh today. I just need to get my homework done first. I'm nearly finished with a take-home exam and then I need to worry about a 3-5 page report due on the 11th (which I still need to do research for).

The speed of an RP (any RP) can fluctuate depending on the time of the year and the kinds of lives the members have. Sometimes posts get crunched out at a decent rate for this thread and sometimes they come slower. That's just how it is.

It hasn't even been a week though? Since the last post was made? Ep has to work the night shift 5/7 days. He told me he was kind of stuck as to how to respond with the NPC situation at the schooner. I was waiting on him before I posted Briagh so I can just get everyone at the same time.

But, if you're not patient enough, I can cater to your needs and post with Briagh today. I just need to get my homework done first. I'm nearly finished with a take-home exam and then I need to worry about a 3-5 page report due on the 11th (which I still need to do research for).

The speed of an RP (any RP) can fluctuate depending on the time of the year and the kinds of lives the members have. Sometimes posts get crunched out at a decent rate for this thread and sometimes they come slower. That's just how it is.

I didn't know you were waiting for someone else's reply.

There's no need to "cater to my needs". I'm just curious is all.

The change of pace has been rather drastic coming from another forum I was on in comparison to here.

As a rule of thumb, for myself, I tend not to bullet post. I prefer waiting out an order of turns to help ensure that everyone gets a chance to respond to a situation. Plus, it's a lot simpler to just post for multiple characters at once rather than separately. But that's just me.

I'll get to posting for Briagh in a couple hours. I just need to get my report sorted out and outlined first.

Alrighty everyone, the first confrontation should be happening within the next couple of posts. Lets get the first contact done. I'll be posting within two days.

Sorry 'bout the delay. I've had a ton of end-of-year deadlines.

I have no idea what the sealed tube contains btw (the one Cal is looking at). Could be a secret missive, spell or just a message to a loved one. She'll hand it over the Zak, so Epyon can decide when Zak opens it.

Happy new year!

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

Whoa, that's a nasty 15 day no activity gap there.

Is this RP still active?

Unless you're from the future, the last post was made eight days ago (Jan 1st) wink.gif.

Anyways, yes this RP is still active. Are you interested in joining?

As a rule of thumb, for myself, I tend not to bullet post. I prefer waiting out an order of turns to help ensure that everyone gets a chance to respond to a situation. Plus, it's a lot simpler to just post for multiple characters at once rather than separately. But that's just me.

I'll get to posting for Briagh in a couple hours. I just need to get my report sorted out and outlined first.

Alrighty everyone, the first confrontation should be happening within the next couple of posts. Lets get the first contact done. I'll be posting within two days.

I was actually referring to this gap.

Yes, I am interested. ^^

Edited by Drakkoh

Yes, it is. We're just waiting on a post from Narvix as she's having some rl issues that's requiring her attention.

Great! ^^ feel free to post a CS and we can get started on getting you into the action!

Edited by Epyon

Username: Drakkoh

Name: Charles (Charly) B. Andrews

Race: Human

Class: Ranger

Weapons:

• His primary weapon is a decorated yew bow, modeled after the military grade recurve bows used by his former associates. The weapon has an overall length of 1.4m and is reinforced with a lightweight metallic support strut at its midsection to aid in providing its wielder with a more solid and comfortable grip, in addition to helping prevent unnecessary weathering.

• His auxiliary weapon is a long-bladed dagger with a reinforced pommel and sharp tip, designed for stabbing in addition to slicing.

• Lastly, he carries a quiver with a multitude of re-usable arrows upon his back. In most situations, he has it stocked with standard arrows, flaming arrows and venomous arrows, usually dipped in a non-lethal paralytic poison.

Appearance: Standing at 6'2'', Charlie's an unimposing figure with a lean and athletic build. Upon his head is either a cowl, or absolutely nothing at all, besides his full head of unkempt dark brown hair. Strangely enough, he's usually clean-shaven despite his wildkin lifestyle. Perceptive onlookers would note how his two brown eyes seem to dart around from time to time, as if to check for unexpected surprises. For protection, Charlie prefers wearing just enough to shield himself from the elements, and nothing more. Upon his upper body is a long-sleeved shirt and dark brown leather vest, covered with a multitude of small pockets containing his more fragile tools of the trade. Below the waist, he wears a pair of long pantaloons, also similarly adorned with a multitude of small pouches and pockets among their upper half. Upon his feet reside a pair of rough soft-soled leather boots, which look as if they'd seen quite a bit of use.

Personality: No one in their right mind could fault Charley for his loyalty, in fact it is quite the contrary. The human's loyalties sway with the weight of the biggest payouts, a mentality which had lead him towards making plenty of amoral decisions. While he is not a thief per-se, Charlie's doesn't shy away from getting his hands dirty. He's done the work of a scout, a bodyguard, a smuggler, a thug and even an assassin without so much as losing a wink of sleep over his questionable morality. Even so, he knows well enough not to boast about his ventures, and understands the consequences of his actions. Thankfully, his reclusive lifestyle has served him well in protecting him from those very consequences. Identifying by 'treasure hunter' as a profession, Charlie does everything in his power to keep his hands clean while not 'on-duty'. His travels from town to town to hunt for new jobs or opportunities have made him an adept schmoozer. With a wit and tongue sharp enough to rival his arrows, he hoards his fortune... but never manages to hang onto it. Despite all the money Charlie ever manages to earn, he's as wasteful as a person could possibly be. More often than not, the moment he's paid, he finds a way to quickly waste his fortunes, primarily on bribes to the local law enforcement, or other influential town members, and if not them, then on booze, fine food and the occasional nightly tramp... or two. Charlie's ordeals have left him emotionally numb, leaving him with little reason to recollect about his moral decisions. Ultimately, he spends the vast amounts of solitude his lifestyle presents in training, or plotting on his next big cash-in. While it might not be outwardly apparent, Charlie's disdain towards humanity has molded him into a proficient schmoozer; a skeptical and doubtful shell of a human being, perpetually hiding behind a facade of false mannerisms and lies with one goal in mind: profit.

History: Charles B. Andrews was born to a low-class family living in a hunting lodge at the edge of a small town, almost isolated entirely from the civilized world. His upbringing was neither pleasant, not memorable, as poverty and grief were a constant for him and his guardians. His father eagerly taught him the tools of his trade, namely using a longbow to hunt for furs and food, and for a long while, it was the only thing Charlie had to distract himself from the reality of their poorly state of living. At the dawning of his teens, with a head filled with dreams of the big cities and vast wealth to be had, much like in the few storybooks he'd been given over the years, Charlie made the decision to leave his house, which was by then more akin to a prison for him. With nothing but his hunter's bow, a small knife, and a kick in his step, he started his life as a wandering archer, with a lust for wealth. His first few years were difficult, as expected. More often than not, he had to resort to banditry, just to pull through, but the solitary woodsman lifestyle was not unfamiliar to him.

As all things, it didn't take long for things to go very wrong for him. At age 17, he was captured and subdued by a gang of slavers. The ruthless men whom had brought him low had little use for a wee lad like him, other than having someone to boss and toss around. The following year was a hell unlike any other for Charlie, as he was helplessly bullied into performing menial chores and hard labor by his captors. It wasn't until his early 18s that lady luck had smiled upon him, and one of the slavers' leaders took a liking to him. After many weeks of negotiations and proving himself, he had managed to prove his competence as a fighter, and was allowed to join the salvers' ranks as one of their marksmen. This was, ofcourse, just a ruse. A mere couple of days after getting unshackled, and being given a weapon and some decent protective clothing, Charlie had constructed his escape, and executed it. At a few months past 18, he was once again a free man.

It'd take many years for him to recover after his ordeals, but ultimately his experience left him numb to the troubles of others. While he never really acknowledged it as a fact, he resented the world for both his childhood, and his ordeals with the slavers. The only solace he ever found was in the vast fortunes he spent on luxuries and his own safety... and it would never be enough.

Skills and Abilities:

• With over 25 years of archery under his belt, Charly is a seasoned marksman. While his rate of fire isn't something to boast about, his accuracy is. Given enough time and a clear shot, he can hit the equivalent of a human head from a distance of up to 150 yards (135m), mostly due to the fact that it is the limitation of his bow's draw strength.

• While he does carry a knife, his competence with it is lacking, as he only ever uses it to defend himself as a last resort. Truthfully, he mostly uses it to skin animals, disarm traps and shave himself.

• Being fairly new to the practice, Charlie is an okay lockpick, able to easily manipulate simpler locking mechanisms with his array of small delicate tools hidden among the many pockets upon his attire, though he struggles with more sophisticated and complex mechanisms, to the point of simply not being able to pick them at all.

• Traps are a specialty of the hunter, and Charlie is no exception. He's been dealing with animal traps, snares, tripwires and other such devious devices ever since his initial training with his father all those years ago. He knows how most of them work, and he has a knack for spotting, (dis)arming, crafting and salvaging them.

• Lastly, while Charley does extract his own paralytic venom for his venom tipped arrows, that's pretty much where his skills in Alchemy start and end. If he needs something more lethal, or volatile, he ends up buying it.

Pirate or Pirate Hunter or Merchant: Pirate

Ship's Name: Stormlight

Edited by Drakkoh

Impressive. What were you hoping with him? Definitely not a Merchant from the looks of it, would you be leaning towards a pirate life?