AroaraAngelwolf

By the ocean blue...

((Okay, lol, there are A LOT of sayings...))

Jacus laughed and looked at the setting sun, "We got a lot of sayings... you talking about the red sun one right?"

"Yes, I know it rhymes but I forgot the words. " she flicked her tail, accidentally getting him a little wet as well but not knowing she did.

((Short! sad.gif sucky...))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((ok... works for me.))

"Hey!" He laughed and wiped the water from his face. "Red sun in the morning, a sailor's warning. Red sun at night, a sailor's delight. That's how it goes."

((Mmkay. Can't think of much right now anyways.

Also, thank you~ That's exactly what I need for his posts. xd.png))

Embrye didn't let it show, but the silence bothered him a bit. He didn't dare speak, though, and instead glanced around a bit as he ate. He was curious about the paintings, but figured he could ask about it later. The lady seemed a bit nervous when she spoke. Not used to people? Well, he didn't want to make her uncomfortable by asking a million questions at once. Which he'd probably end up doing anyways. Ask a million questions at once, that is. Just not yet.

((I can't think of anything that's why I'm skipping ahead to start new interaction. Very welcome! I use it often when it feels like I'm repeating myself too...or to find better words..))

Engl finished eating and stood up. "Would you like more? No storms tonight... no fog. Only in the morning there would be a little but not enough to need the horn... could I get you anything else?" For the most part, she muttered to herself about the horn, then seemed to remember there was someone there. She stood holding her bowl waiting for a answer.

_____

"Ah.... so tonight with the sun red it means good sailing tomorrow. I guess I'll be avoiding the dock for a while. Should definitely avoid it for the red ship might still be there looking for my. Oh.. sorry. Large fin.. bigger splash."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus grinned, "Don't worry about it. Water is to you as air is to us." He watched the sun disappear and the red Rays come over the horizon. "There's father... The Ocean's Flame... They are together in a dance of red and blue. I know he is happy with her now."

Embrye shook his head with a smile. "No, I'm good. Thank you for the food!" He stood up with his bowl merrily. "And for letting me stay here. And for anything and everything else I missed. Also, the horn? ...The loud thing I think I heard last night? I must have really strayed from the path... At least I'm alive!" He paused. "Oh, I'm rambling again. Oops!" He grinned sheepishly.

"Your mother? Or the ship? I guess she sank... bet she floats like a dream in the afterlife. I must get back to my cave... you. Should be heading back too sailor... good night. And thank you for that story. " again she kissed his cheek before slipping into the water and swam off.

________

Engl looked startled at the floodgates of words coming from him. "Uh.... yeah. The fog horn is to let sailors know there's a cliff here. And it helps drown out sirens songs. Your welcome. " she took his bowl and went to the kitchen, washing the dishes and leaving them out to dry. Call if you need anything, bathroom is two doors down to the right of your room. If you don't have any questions... I'll call it a night and work on some other things before heading to bed..."

Jacus chuckled and sighed, "No, my dad is dancing with the ocean herself... while he loved my mother, the ocean was always his true calling." When she kissed him and left, he sat back against the rock. "...your getting in trouble again Jacus... hehe..."

At the mentions of siren songs, Embrye's eyes lit up. "So there are sirens here! I've never seen one before. Heard of them, but not them. Maybe I'll see one here! Or a merperson... Maybe the merman my grandfather..." He trailed off, his smile fading, before shaking his head and grinning brightly again. "Anyways, okay! Nighty-night!" He quickly left to go re-locate his room. And not get lost. Luckily, this time, he didn't, and after double-checking to make sure it was the right room, he closed the door behind him and slipped, fully clothed, under the covers. ...After removing the knife from his clothes, that is.

He noticed, as he drifted off, that the necklace from his parents was still in his pocket.

At the mention of the merman she froze. His family was responsible for that nasty scar on Tyne? Tears pricked at her eyes. She won't let him see Tyne. She'll protect him. She wasn't much, but she'll make sure this lad, no matter how kind, saw Tyne.

When she was finished cleaning up, she went and painted for a while before heading to bed.

((Skip a couple day after this... I messaged mage, they'll get on next week... very busy this week..))

((Just to clarify, next post happens after the timeskip, correct?))

((Mmkay.))

Embrye woke up in what his mind registered as an 'unfamiliar environment'. Out of reflex, his hand reached out for his knife, grasping it tightly as he sat up, opening his eyes and blinking a few times. Wait... This wasn't unfamiliar. He had apparently slept in, but he was at the lighthouse, and not somewhere completely unknown. He let out a groan as he carefully placed his knife back and rubbed the weariness out of his eyes, stretching soon after. He had really slept in. Figuring Engl would already be out and about, doing whatever she did during the daytime, he got off the bed, making a mental note that he really had to find some sort of work, because he didn't want to burden the nice lady that let him stay there any longer. And exploring was out of the question for now. He didn't have any supplies, after all.

His hand went to his pocket, tracing the familiar shape of the necklace. He didn't dare put it on, out of simple knowledge that if the lighthouse keeper saw it, she might get curious as to what was inside the satchel held on the string, making up the 'necklace' of sorts. And what was inside were a few silver scales, only one or two still whole, the others broken. He still remembered the promise he made to his father, regarding the merman those scales once belonged to.

Embrye picked up his trusty knife, putting it back where it belonged(which was actually a small sheath designed for it which most people didn't notice), and left the lighthouse.

Tyne, on the other hand, was lazily floating near where he and Engl normally met. He wasn't sure what to do today, seeing as how he finished his gift for her, and had absolutely no idea where she was. Normally, she was the one who called him over... Not the other way around. He spotted a man at the lighthouse, and quickly dove under the water to escape his view. He had seen this one a few times before. It seemed like he was staying at the lighthouse. Which didn't bother the merman at all. What did bother him, though, was the sense of dread that washed over him whenever he spotted the man. He hadn't ever met the guy, but... Why did he seem so familiar? He was curious, but the closer he got, the worse the feeling was, and the more familiar it all seemed. He couldn't exact put his finger on what it reminded him of, though, which was driving him mad. He might end up having to force himself to go see. After all, it wasn't always he felt this way about someone.

Engl was finishing up her painting. She was currently letting it dry as she changed out of her paint shirt and into a nicer one that she could still swim in without ruining it. The day was clear, perfect to be on the dock.

As for the enthusiastic explorer, she avoided him, keeping her trips to the dock a secret or telling him she was fishing or crabbing,or something like that. She didn't tell Tyne either, afraid she might scare off her newfound friend. Her fleeting conversations with him wouldn't draw suspension, for her naturally occurring stutter made it apparent that she hardly socialized with strangers and is timid around them.

She did her hair in a braid and snatched her now dry painting, running down to the dock bare foot slowing until the boy was out of sight before settling her painting down where it wouldn't get wet, then rushed down to the edge of the dock. Engl fell on her knees, hands gripped the edge as she peered over into the depths searching for that glint of silver and a wave of blue yellow and white hair. She grew worried when she didn't see him lurking just beneath the waves and leaned closer to the water, her braid falling in, her body threatened to follow as her nose was me at inches away from the salty waves.

Tyne blinked as he spotted Engl. It didn't seem like she saw him, though. Although he was somewhat tempted to wait until she fell into the water- because she definitely looked like she was going to- he decided to be nice... And instead possibly tease her. He swam to her side, emerging moments later. "Careful, you'll fall in if you lean that close," he said with a smirk, somewhat secretly pleased that she hadn't forgotten him. He'd have to ask her about the man, since she hadn't told him anything about him. But that could wait until later. Teasing Engl was more important then random men. ...Unless- Shut up, brain, he snapped. If she likes someone, it's her choice. I'll even be happy for her. He paused. ...If I keep thinking that, this feeling will go away, right? His focus quickly switched back to the present. He could deal with these thoughts later. He really had to learn how to stop them from interrupting him every five seconds.

Embrye was lost. I'm pretty sure everyone expected that. It was more of a 'how in the world did I do that' lost, though. He had absolutely no idea how he managed to turn around completely, heading for the lighthouse again. Maybe one or two or... Nine wrong turns? He had to get a map or something. The lighthouse was currently the only place he didn't get lost in. He figured that he might as well go see if Engl was in there, and if not, then attempt to figure out a way to not get lost. Maybe focusing would help.

Unknown to him, the satchel that was in his pocket had fallen out.

((I have no idea what else to do with my characters right now.))

Engl sat back quickly as he came up beside her, just to lay flat on her belly and give him a hug. "Tyne! I have something to show you! Then we can swim together and check out more of the sunken ships. I haven't seen them all, and I like to collect stuff out of them sometimes. I try to pull paintings and restore them the best I can, if the aren't too damaged. After that I need to check on the cat, he's around here somewhere bit is a cranky thing and doesn't like anyone touching him..." She grinned and hopped up. "Wait there..." she ran down and came back holding a piece of canvas and flipped it around grinning from ear to ear at him.

The painting was of him sitting on a rock twisted around to look at the viewer, his hair dangling down, and tail curved gracefully around the small rock, his fin in the water. She caught his playful smirk, the glisten of water all over him and his tail looked like pure silver the way she had it gleam in the light. He looked strong, and mysterious, with a saddened look in his dark violet eyes. "You said you wanted to see my painting, well here is one! I started on this the day I met you... i-its better then sunsets and sh-ships at sea.... I would give it to you but um... the water... might mess up the oils... I can do another on thick canvas and acrylic paint so you can have it.. or sealed in glass.. um... I would like... to keep this one though.. i-its some of my best work..." She blushed and looked down at her toes wiggling them against the boards.

The cat she mentioned was a black-and-white cat named Edgar. He found the bag and played with it, before bringing it up to his home of hay in the stables far from the lighthouse on the other side of the main road. He lived there, nearly wild, keeping out mice in the barn and storage area of the house.

"Cats are cute. ...When they aren't trying to eat my tail, at least." Tyne watched as she ran off, only to come back seconds later with a canvas, grinning widely. He raised an eyebrow, wondering what caused her to smile that widely, until she turned around the canvas to show him. ...Saying he was amazed would be an understatement. Of course, him being him, he quickly recovered, smirking to match the painting. "No need to~ Seeing it is enough for me," he responded. "Ah, but that reminds me." He hadn't forgotten at all. "Here." He threw something shiny towards her. It was a cockle shell charm on a chain that clearly did not originally belong to that charm, but was actually in pretty good shape... Considering it had been on the sea floor for who knows how long. There were also various other charms hanging on it, smaller then the cockle shell, which made it look more like a giant charm bracelet then anything. "I attempted to make something. Didn't turn out so well, but it did give me something to do. I don't wear jewelry though. Well, besides the bracelet you gave me. ...Don't normally wear clothes either... Anyways, do whatever you want with it." He had a shirt stashed away, but he just never wore it. Why would he? There was really no reason to. He didn't even know why he kept it.

After wandering around for a bit, Embrye concluded that Engl was not there. He was about to leave when he realized that the satchel he had was gone. "Well... It's gotta be around here somewhere... I think." He decided to retrace his steps before checking outside. Which was going to be fairly hard, considering his habit of getting lost. But the satchel was tied to a promise, and he couldn't lose it until he fulfilled said promise. Which was to give the merman his scales back, of course.

Edited by seacatsmew

Engl caught the charm one handed and studied it. "This is beautiful Tyne! I .. don't normally have jewelry on other then my necklace.... but I would ware this most definitely! " She hooked it on her wrist and set the painting down in a dry spot. "Thank you it's beautiful!" She sat down on the edge of the dock.

Embrye would see the cat crossing the road with the pouch in his mouth. Trotting to the barn.

((dotz mage, your charicter placement i kinda need it since they both cnat leave the water... i'll come up with something if you guys cant))

Jacus woke up in his boat which was floating in the light ocean breeze, still in sight of the port but far away enough to not interfere with any ships leaving or going.

Fyre was supposed singing softly, not enough to catch attention of sailors, buy loud enough for her to hear. She was swimming backward and bumped her head on a boat. Looking up, she saw it was Jacus's boat. She knocked on the side to say hi to him.

Jacus groaned, still partially asleep when he walked on deck. He grumbled getting out a pole, "I swear, if I sent my boat on a reef or rock..." He looked over and saw Fyre, "Oh... Hello there..."

"Morning... how are you? Not much of a early bird aren't you? How did you sleep?" She she floated around the boat, keeping away from a bottom so she doesn't scrape her tail.

Jacus moved to a lower part of the boat and stuck his feet in the water. "I slept fine. The slight rocking of the boat puts me to sleep like a baby in his mother's arms." He smiled and then yawned.