AroaraAngelwolf

By the ocean blue...

Jacus struggled to take a gulp of water, coughing out his air so he was breathing water again. After his gag reflex stopped, he swam over to her, "Fyre, I brought some bandages... will you be okay?" He looked around in awe of the place, not used to this view point at all.

((Oddly, her cave itself isn't under water, iris mostly air, with water on the ground and on her bed, the entrance is, then it bends to air in , there is a pool though before the cavern floor. I should have worded it better xd.png but I thought it was obvious cuse only the floor and bed have water on it))

"I think so... the bandages would help keep the moss on. Oh, this is Phill, Phill say hi to our guest" the catfish was swimming around Fyre when she tapped its head. He came out of the bed pool and spat a line of water at Jacus, missing him before swimming off along the side to a hollow hole filled with oysters on the side.

Jacus just blinked at the fish, "...pleasure... so, this is your little abode. It's certainly secluded. I can understand why though. Sea monsters, evil sirens, merfolk hunters. Your life certainly is... active."

"Indeed, but there are times of quiet though. It has it's perks, plus I get to stay warm in the winter... and keep my oysters in line." She smiled softly.

((I am sad to report that mage is dropping out. Busy schedule and all. Seacat, if Embrye could get with Teyna then we can continue with the plot. I'm sure we'll still see mage reading but, won't be posting sad.gif ))

((*pokes in for a quick moment*

Just sayin, if you need another player, I am ready to call.

Just sayin. In case you need backup

*hids back in the shadows*))

((We're alright Esko, besides if you join now, you have missed a ton of stuff and wouldn't get what is going on. We're still even on couples... I'll message Seacat.))

((Sad to see Mage go. :c Anyways, that's fine with me.))

Tyne wasn't completely sure how he managed not to pull away, though he did notice he flinched a few times. He nodded when she explained, though he already knew that and he wasn't completely listening. Instead, he was wondering if how cold his temperature bothered her or not. He always found how warm she was a bit startling, compared to him, who was cold from always being in water. He pulled his hand back as soon as she released it, ignoring the brief flash of pain from the saltwater. He shook his head at her offer. "Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not really hungry," he replied. "Might have to go track down a friend though..." He let out a hum, before shaking his head to pull himself from his daydream-like state. "You should probably check on the cat, too. Unless that's who you were referring to."

Embrye wasn't lost. He had decided to be smart and go to the lighthouse instead of wandering around until someone found him and helped him. So, he was currently staring at a wall in the room he had been lent, sitting on the floor and daydreaming about possible nonsense.

"No. But I will go check on Humphrey, the cat, see how he is doing. Take care Tyne. See you around! " She got up and started walking away stopping to pick up the painting before turning around a blush across her cheeks. "Oh and um...t-thank you for.. um... saving me from drowning again.... " She turned and headed up to the lighthouse, heading inside and back to her room to hang up the painting. Then she went to the kitchen to cook up some breaded fish fillet for lunch, setting aside a few raw pieces for the cat.

---

Teyna was by the reef, as usual. This time though, she was inspecting a bit of fun caught in the vibrant pink and yellow coral. That must have hurt. Many times before, she caught her fin, or hair along the reef and it was painful. She was careful with her tail, the reversed ombre fin with tips shaped like squid tentacles, her long hair matched the blue pinks of her tail, with touches of purple. She wondered where Tyne keeps heading off to every day.

By the time she snapped out of her daydream, she was.... somewhere... it wasn't open water, but she lost the reef, and was too scared to surface to look where she was at exactly....

Jacus just looked around, "Those oysters would sell for a large price, but I recall you referring to them as your children."

"Yes they are, oh Phill, go see if Jasmine has a pearl for me, would you dear?" The catfish swam off to a solitary pool with one oyster in it, then came back with a violet pearl and spat it into her hand. "Jasmine is my favorite, she makes such lovely colors. When I found her, she had a beautiful black one inside. They keep me company. It gets lonely being chased down all the time..." She examined the pearl and then set it in a hollow hole in the wall behind the clam bed, before settling down on her moss. "There's a ledge over by my jellyfish that is like a bench and is quite dry... sit down please. Why don't you sing me a song?"

Jacus looked to where she directed him and made his way there. Sitting down, he thought silently, "...why don't we sing together? I'm sure a duet would sound nice in this place."

Fyre saw his hesitation. "I would sing with you, but in such close proximity to me, you would be affected, and I don't want to deal with a lustful sailor. And besides, if you do resist, you would know what your fatal flaw is.... not many like knowing what that is...It's best if I don't sing. I would hum along though..."

Jacus sighed, "A beautiful gift so cursed... It's a shame you have no control over it. I would have liked to hear you sing... But I trust your judgement for my wellbeing."

"Different songs have different affects on people. I guess I can sing something... but at a lower tune..." Fyre said thoughtfully. "What songs do you know?"

"All the common sailor songs, pirate songs, a few navy songs. And too many pub songs."

((I have no idea where Teya is, so let's go exploring. ...By the way, did you change her name?))

Tyne nodded, turning his head to hide a blush. As soon as she left, he dove underneath the water and began swimming towards the coral reef. Teya was normally there, after all, so it made sense to go there first. And if she wasn't there, then he had absolutely no idea where she'd be, other then her home. ...In which case he wouldn't bother her until tomorrow. If she was lost, though, then it just meant he'd have something to do, considering the fact he didn't usually sleep much. He doubted she would have gotten lost though. Just in case, he kept an eye out for bright colors and a long fin.

((No I said Teyna she's passed the fishing town, about a mile away from it, towards the port.))

Engl called for lunch. "You alright Embrye?" She knocked on his door to get his attention.

---

Tanya swam in a circle. Where was the reef? Her caretaker was to old now to swim on her own and she didn't know if anyone would find her. She'll wait till dark to see where she was at. For now she'll say put.

---

"Hmmmm.... I know a few lullabies.... you start singing one, a joyful one, the more sombre they are the more powerful our voices are. I'll join in. Then I might sing you a lullaby. That is, if you want me to..."

Jacus thought for a moment, "I'll leave that to you. I would like to hear you sing, but I trust you not to kill me." With that he closed and started singing a random shanty with an easy to remember chorus.

Jacus' eyes felt heavy. Added with the swimming he did, he was exhausted, this final song hit him hard as he laid down and fell asleep on the rock. He dreamed of walking on water. crossing the gap of land and sea.