AroaraAngelwolf

By the ocean blue...

Fyre was doing a back float in the high tide looking at the stars. A storm was coming, but it would be midnight before it got here. She enjoyed the calm waters while she could. She saw a figure on the beach, her eyes almost glowing in the dark.

------!__________________

Engl shivered at the top, pulling her coat around her tightly. With the storm comes fog, and the sirens don't need to sing in stormy weather, it's already treacherous enough. She had in her ear plugs as she sounded the horn. It was going to be a long night.

Jacus stood on the beach, shirt undone and arms at his side. He could feel the storm, he knew the feeling from years on the ocean. He had his eyes closed as the wind blew onto his chest and face. The wind was his ally and enemy. A sailors joy and fear at them same time. Something to be respected, a force of nature. Right now, Jacus would enjoy the cool air before retreating to the safety of the indoors. He was unaware of anyone watching.

Fyre came as close as she dared to get on the sand. "Is that you Captain? Back so soon?" She splashed her tail making the water swish, shloop As she swayed side to side and then lifted her tail over her head splashing herself.

Jacus looked down surprised, not expecting her, "Aye... I enjoy this beach. The perfect border for land and sea." He smiled and put his hands in his pockets. "I didn't know you were curious of my whereabouts. Seems we are making this a normal occurrence Fyre."

"Hmm... let's see... this is my home, and you are in a land where merpeople and sirens live, So...... being we keep running into each other, it is a good thing we are acquainted then. Didn't you hear any good stories? I like to hear new ones. In fact I swim by ships to learn new songs and stories to sing and tell my babies...." She sat on her tail, so she can spring back into the water if needed.

Jacus laughed, "Ah, so you are a mother than. I'm surprised you haven't been spending time with your husband." He didn't know if we was correct on that. But the way she said it, it sounded like she had children.

Fyre let loose a musical laugh. "I am no mother. My babies are oysters like the one in your pocket. That was Drez, and he gave me the most trouble. I grow pearls, and I found, like singing to plants helps them grow, singing and telling stories help them make beautiful pearls. I also have a little pool I keep jellyfish inside. They keep me company and my friend a little catfish helps keep off loose scales...."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus blinked, not sure how to respond, "I see... Well if you need songs and stories, I'm full of them." He smiled proudly until he saw a small flash in the distance. "Maybe not now... The storm will be here soon enough... I should head back to safety and you back to the water. This storm won't be merciful."

Fyre looked behind her and nodded. "No.. it won't be. I must prepare my home... good night captain Jacus..." She took off again and swam to the lighthouse once more getting home and preparing it as the fog horn went off again as the clouds came in.

Jacus retired to his room. He watched out the window waiting for the storm to hit. A few ships rushing into port, portmen scurrying to tie everything down. Jacus gave a small salute and closed the window, knowing it was going to be a rough night.

((Sorry! Didn't know exactly what to post.))

Although he couldn't hear the horn, the current was enough to alert Tyne to the incoming storm. He found a small cave hidden near the ocean floor, far enough away from the surface that it wouldn't be disturbed, and quickly checked for anyone or anything. Luckily, it didn't seem like it was occupied. He swam inside to get settled for the night.

((That's the best I can do; Hopefully it's enough. Again, sorry for the wait!))

((That's fine! Just wanted you to post before I start the storm.. mage my mermaid is nearly done I need to color her tail and add in details, then she's finished.))

The storm was a strong one. Forceful winds rattled the windows and made the lighthouse shudder and feel like it's swaying but Engl shivered and blew the horn at five minute intervals all though the stormy night. Lightning split the sky several times and rain came down in sheets. Around dawn the storm moved inland, leaving broken branches and anything that wasn't strapped down was moved by the strong winds.

Engl shivered and changed before getting some sleep at dawn.

___

Fyre ventured out to see what damage the port had this time.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus had moved the cabinet to cover the window. After that he fell asleep through the storm until morning. He yawned and moved the cabinet to see the port post-storm.

((KK))

The port seemed to been stampeded through. Weaker buildings were destroyed, parts of the dock were wrecked. Some ships were adrift and others broken, masts snapped or hulls beneath the water. People were outside making sure everyone was safe. Sailors ran to their boats and got small rowboats to reclaim the ships adrift. Jacus ran out to sighed in relief that his boat was intact and still tied down.

((Mmkay.))

Tyne woke from a nightmare that occurred quite often for him. Even so, it still took him a few seconds of panic to realize that was all it was- a nightmare. Still a bit shaken, he looked outside to see that the sunlight was coming through the water... And wreckage. He swam outside, figuring it might help him calm down a bit to see. There wasn't all that much, but he was a bit far from port. He swam to it, and blinked at the destruction. Now calmed down, he swam up to the surface, peering out from over the waves to see... More wreckage, sailors, and boats. Quickly realizing that this was a terrible idea and someone might spot him- Plus, no one seemed to be drowning currently- he dove back underneath, going down as far as he could and staring towards the shore in thought.

((Ahaha I have terrible inspiration currently, so this is probably the best you'll get for now.))

((Enough for me))

Fyre, being a little more daring, came as close to the docks she could get, watching men bring back ships. She was actually under the docks. Two sailors near Jacus pointed under and untangled a net nearby. Fyre moved to the side to dive down and collect the stuff that fell into the ocean, the sailors dropped the net on her. She thrashed and fought, getting tangled up more but refused to make a sound. "Oy! Look at what we found by the docks Captain!" A older man with a long black beard flecked with silver, dressed in a long red trench coat with a black hat and a white feather stuck in it came over to the men and looked at the water and laughed heartily. "All those years chasing after a dream and I finally find and capture the key to my success! Good job boys, when the ship is brought to dock and fixed, put..... a barrel of water on deck and secure it tightly... then... put your catch in it, we want it kept fresh..." he muttered to them then shouted orders across the water to the far furthest ship that was painted red gold and black with a black top sail with a white feather crossed with a cutlass painted on it.

Engl slept for a few minutes, having dozed at the top of the tower for a couple hours surprisingly. She went down to her private dock then along the shore, holding a telescope to survey the damage and see if anyone was in the water near her house. Something shinny caught her eye and she turned to look at the water seeing it was Tyne. She blushed a little and folded her spy glass down and put it in her pouch on her belt, then picked up a smooth rock and skipped it along the water over the merman so it wouldn't frighten him and also let him know she was on shore... or at least it would make him look and he would see her.

((You're right, hands and faces are hard to draw orz

Username: TehUltimateMage

Name: Nathan Leblanc (Nickname: Nate)

Race: Human

History: Having grown up all his life in this same town, all Nate knows is the ocean's waves. At most his contact with the rest of the world are stories brought by sailors and the occasional traveler who passes through the small shop of trinkets (and jams and dried fish) owned by his aging parents. He doesn't really know what he wants to do with his life, but he is content with what he has right now.

Personality: Nate is quiet, introverted, and prefers to be alone. He doesn't really talk to people and seems to spend his free time floating in the ocean than looking for something to do. Despite that, Nate is a sensitive guy even if he doesn't know how to react to other people's feelings or act on his own emotions.

Looks: Of course I'd pick Haru as an image.

Username: TehUltimateMage

Name: Selena (SELL-eh-nah)

Race: Siren

Favorite pass time: Causing mischief and collecting shinies -- mostly by plundering ships she or other sirens have sunk.

History: [Will complete later]

Personality: Selena is not a particularly nice siren. She is known to play around with lost sailors before killing them, and setting spells she harbors particular hate for. Selfish and vain, she is easily bribed by objects and promises but will hold grudges if others double-cross her. She is loud and makes her disdain openly visible, though she tones it down around people who she deems important to her.

Looks: Will add colors later. Her straight hair is a pale coral orange and is shorter in the back.

Mark: A black serpent coiling up her left arm.

Type of tail: Like a comet goldfish -- orange and white with a delicate, long and flowing tail fin almost the length of her actual tail. She has fins on her hips and a dorsal fin that runs along her human back.

Should I wait for your and Seacats to make characters? And I was thinking that Selena would know Fyre already since there aren't many Sirens that exist.))

Edited by TehUltimateMage

((Name: Teya (tea-yah)

Race: mermaid

Favorite thing to do: ride dolphins, and swim along the reef

History: (optional)

Personality: She is very shy, but is a day dreamer and often floats just below the surface looking down at the reef. (Rest is in front))

Looks: Teya

Just in time too I just got finished! I thought they would too.. and Seacat, can Teya know Tyne? She looks up to him like a older brother))

((Hopefully this form will work?

Username: seacatsmew

Name: Embrye (emm-bry(bry is like fry))

Race: Human

History: Embrye has a habit of getting lost. And I don't just mean the lost you get in towns or forests- I mean, he can get into the strangest places from, well, strange places. It was a 'skill' he got from his mother. Somehow. Anyways, his life, since he left his parents, has literally been all about exploring. And getting lost, somehow. He's lucky enough not to get into any real danger, but he's had some close calls.

Personality: He's a fairly optimistic guy, with a knack for getting lost, but also some pretty good luck. Sometimes. Kind of. He's friendly and a bit naive, which has gotten him into a lot of trouble.

Looks: Here you go.

Also, sure, Aroara. ^^))

Tyne blinked as a rock skipped over where he was, and surfaced to see who it was. Spotting Engl, he paused, startled, before smirking and swimming over, stopping before he went too far over and ended up stuck and drying out. So, he ended up somewhere between waist-height and knee-height water. He groaned, and reached his arms out to her, laying flat on the sand. "Come swim with me!" he called out, before letting his arms flop down, staring at her from the water. "Please~?" he added after a moment, lifting and dropping his tail to splash somewhat lazily.

((All added!! smile.gif))

Engl laughed. "I didn't know you where so dramatic! Only if you don't drown me! I wanted to swim anyway.." She took off her belt and set it on the shore along with her shoes then ran in, half diving, half falling in the water as she passed him. She steadied herself, then started to swim out to deeper water. She flipped to her back and started to float. "You coming?"

______

Teya's lithe body followed the colorful coral slowly, almost lazily as she watched the fish leave their homes and go about their day after the storm. She doesn't dare look up, Tyne's scar made her abandoned all thoughts that humans can be nice. The storm didn't bother the reef that much, only braking off dead pieces of coral.

((I can see your Siren for some reason Mage...))

Jacus looked in shock as they barreled Fyre. Knowing his couldn't smply fight his way to the barrel, he decided that trickery and talking would be the best way to rescue her. Luckily there were a lot of barrels around. Now to get to work. Making his way over to them, he made himself look oblivious as he walked over to the sailors with Fyre's barrel. "Ahoy! Quite a day to be at this dock here. You guys local or just visiting?"

The men slammed down the top of the barrel on Fyre who was far to big for it. A tip of her tail stuck out from the lid. Now she knows how sardines feel. "Neither. Just a pit stop before we sail off again. The ship looks fine, nothing a little tree sap can't handle, so as soon as we get these barrels loaded along with other supplies we'd be off at the next high tide...."

Jacus gave a friendly smile, "Ah well she is a beautiful ship! What do you call her? And how long has she been at sea?" In any quick moment that they looked away, he moved a barrel full of dead fish in her place and Fyre's barrel off to the side with other random barrels not belonging to anyone.