AroaraAngelwolf

By the ocean blue...

"A siren? You've met a siren?" Embrye's eyes lit up. "I've never actually seen one, I don't think! Maybe because I'm normally lost somewhere on land. I've heard about them, though! About merpeople, too!" He seemed more like a little kid then an adult when he was like this. "So that's why you were singing that, then! Hmm, you must be pretty lucky that she didn't hurt you. ...Did she? And maybe they don't trust humans! A few bad souls can make a whole group seem terrible, after all."

Tyne nodded in understanding. "Makes sense." He paused. "You draw? ...And paint? he asked, a bit curious now. "What kinds of things?" He splashed his tail idly, staring at her as he ate. "Compared to you, I'm not all that interesting. I daydream, watch fish, gather shiny objects, and occasionally attempt to make stuff with the shiny objects, which does not end well. 'Shiny objects' as in jewelry and pretty much anything that's been lost to the sea, of course."

Edited by seacatsmew

Engl laughed. "That's pretty much all you can do in the water! The ships at the bottom.. I paint those, I drew several sirens once... dolphins, sunsets.. pretty much anything I think is worthy being passed down and seen.... which is nearly everything... But I can only go down so far and last so long under water.. you live there... you get to explore more."

Jacus sighed and nodded in agreement, sucking some crab meat from a leg, "It works both ways kid... A human kills a merfolk, all humans are evil to them. A siren kills a human, all merfolk are evil to us... yet I met another siren who doesn't despise our kind... and for that... I need to look at everyone closely before deciding who is good or bad. As for the "drunk" siren, she did not hurt me... like she could, I've see every terrible thing in this ocean, I'm not scared of any shark or hypnotic song." He grinned to himself.

Tyne shrugged with a chuckle. "It's not all that great. You can swim, even for short amounts of time. We can't exactly grow legs and start walking on land. The most we can do is crawl onto land, and we'd dehydrate before anything." He smiled. "And we can't draw or paint underwater. Or do much at all. Exploring the sea gets a bit tiresome when you've lived there all your life." He shrugged again, looking up at the sky. "But I digress. I'd love to be able to see one of your drawings one day." He looked back at her with a smirk. "I'm sure that they'll be pretty. Not as pretty as you, but I don't think anything could be that pretty."

"You must be pretty brave, then, not to be afraid! And two sirens? Wow! ...Plus, you learned a lesson from the first!" Embrye smiled. "It's a good thing she didn't hurt you. The second one, that is. The "drunk" siren." He laughed a bit at the nickname for her. "Hmm, so you're... A sailor?" he asked after a moment. "Well, a captain of some ship, at least." He let out another upbeat hum, smiling all the while.

Jacus nodded, "Correct. I originally was the captain of the "Great White Hammerhead", but now I have a much smaller ship to myself in dock at the moment. I'm a drifter, so my profession changes quite frequently. What about you, you haven't said much about yourself except your name."

"Ah, that makes sense!" Embrye paused. "Well, I'm an explorer! I was using a small little rowboat because where I was originally going wasn't too far on sea, but I ended up here from the storm. At least, that's what some people said! I don't really remember. I'm always told I have good luck- great, even- because I don't get into much danger and when I do, I'm normally okay. But I don't think anyone actually has bad luck- It's all about how you look at your situation!" He smiled brightly at Jacus. "I tend to get lost, though. My mother does, too. My father is normally the one tracking her down! That's how they met, actually!" The man thought for a moment, before shaking his head. "I guess that's it, really!"

Jacus blinked and then started to laugh, "You talk more than I do! Your funny Embrye!" He laughed more in a jolly way and went back to eating the crab. He looked out to the ocean to try and see and other strange people or occurrences. He then thought about the group that tried and steal Fyre. If they found out Jacus stole her, he would have more people on his butt.

Embrye grinned sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck. "Thanks, I think?" He decided it'd be best to treat his injuries, no matter how minor they seemed, and grabbed the medical bag. His expression turned to a somewhat content, focused expression, as he treated his scratches with the skill of someone who had done this many times before. And he had. After all, when you're out, discovering new things and, well, exploring, you didn't always have someone who was fully prepared for every injury you could possibly get. So, you'd have to figure it out yourself, and come as prepared as you dared. 'Heheh, that rhymes! Prepared and dared!' he thought, his normal, cheerful expression returning as he finished with the medical bag. He didn't exactly know where he should put it, so he decided he'd ask the lady later.

((*giggle* Dotz....... you posted Catherine on here not on beyond the soul....))

Engl blushed once more. "I-I'll bring out s-some for you to see....well.. I-I guess you can try making things out of coral and shells... " She ate a bit of her crab and cracking the legs and eating the meat out of it.

Fyre came to check on her lighthouse friend and, seeing her boat gone she sat on the dock with her comb and hummed.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus looked down at the dock and saw Fyre combing her hair. A smile appeared on his face as he began to sing "What would you do with a drunken Siren." He sang the chorus as he hopped down the rocks to the dock, but finishing a third chorus, he tripped and tumbled into the water. Not expecting the cool water, he flailed and grabbed a rock to pull his head out of the water. He coughed, fastly holding the rock.

Fyre lazy looked over. "Aw! Are you a human in distress?" She laughed and got off helping him off the rock and onto the deck. "It's nice to change it around, dear captain..."

Jacus coughed a bit on the deck on his back and turned to Fyre. A slight smile on his face, he laughed, "I didn't kiss you scale, so I didn't need any help, Fyre of the Sea." He patted the pocket with the scale in it. He also looked at the necklace around her neck. "Heh, you kept it huh?"

"I knew weren't in immediate danger, I just wanted to change the tide a little for once oh... and Hush hush about that... don't even speak of it it is taboo for my kind...

" She whispers holding a slender finger to his lips. "Now why are you by the lighthouse? Isn't there other things to explore in the Port... or even the little fishing town? Of course I kept it, a gift is to be appreciated isn't it?"

Jacus nodded when told to be silent. He sat up and looked down at her, "The port is in ruin, and I am sure that ship and it's crew that captured you might throw the blame of losing you to me... and I got enough thugs on me to add to the list..." He laughed and looked out to the ocean, "I met one of your sisters... she was as charming as they come..." Clearly sarcastic.

"Ah ... old orange tail has always had a... charming personality. Specially when she tries to throttle me... then it's just hilarious. Understandable.... nearly every siren wishes to kill me because I ruin their fun.. but I have also come to terms with the fact...... no need to bore you with such trivial thoughts..." She waved her hand dismissively, "how about you tell me a story?"

Jacus made a huge grin as he jokingly changed his voice to be a bit more piratey. "Aye! You want to hear a story now do yo? Oh alright I guess... this be a tale of a time when I was the young first mate on the famous ship, The Red Hawk. The Captain was nicknamed, "The Ocean's Flame." We said Captain Flame for short. Now we and the Captain were one of the only ship's on the ocean who could say we killed a kraken and lived. The proof was the great monster's beak on the bow of the Hawk. The kraken was owned by some sea witch who wanted revenge on us. Unfortunately, her songs had no affect on us. Either we were singing too loud sailing at day, or too drunk at night to notice. Unable to end us herself, she charmed another ship's captain into helping her. Captain Yun and his ship, Rot Wood were a terrifying force. With the help of the sea witch, they were given cannonballs that would magically eat away at any wood they came in contact with. Appropriate for his ship's name, Yun and his crew tested their weapon successful. One cannonball was all that needed to make contact for the other ship to decay away into nothing. The day finally came when we saw them on the horizon. They gave chase, we had heard of their weapon and knew that was how they planned to eliminate the Red Hawk. They sailed aside us, and Yun ordered us to surrender. Captain Flame laughed at the order and instead blew Yun a kiss. The entire crew laughed as Yun's face grew red with anger. Yun ordered his men to load a cannon..."

Jacus paused and turned to see how interested Fyre was in his story before reaching the climax.

((Eh? Good story? Ehhhhhh????))

((Sorry mage going to fast for you? And Seacat? ... xd.png let's slow it down for them Dotz... k?))

Fyre just tilted her head waiting for the rest of it. "Speak normally... what's the point of telling me a story if I can't understand half of what you say?" She flicked water on herself. "I might tell you one after this..."

((Her story is important to the plot so all three of you gotta read... ok?))

((Actually I've just been a bit busy. Not too fast for me at all. xd.png And okay. ))

Tyne smiled gratefully at her, finishing the crab. "Hmm, maybe." He looked up, staring at the sky for a few seconds, before looking down at the water. He was silent, just kind of... Staring into the water. He splashed with his tail, causing ripples, and turned his head away from it, to the left. He had something on his mind, but he didn't want to think about it. Sadly, what you want to think about and what you think about tend to be completely different things. He let out a groan, somewhat carefully leaned back until he was basically lying on the rock, staring up at the sky again.

((Have some random Tyne filler. Don't wanna say what he's thinking about. Not yet at least.))

Engl looked at the ripples for a moment. "Say....... I haven't seen a whole lot of your kind, but my great great grandfather had written in his captain journal about many merpeople around this place and elsewhere.... but... now.. there isn't many why would that be?" She leaned out on the boat and dropped the empty shells in the water watching them sink.

"Hmm?" Tyne sat up, examining her face for any signs that she was joking. He found none. "...You really don't know? We're a dying race. Both merpeople and sirens." He pushed his own crab shell into the water, following her example. "Most of us have gone into hiding due to this, from what I know. ...And the ones who don't tend to end up like I did. Or worse. Gender doesn't seem to matter to them." He paused. "Well, either that, or I am a very feminine male," he added. "Doubt it, though. ...Either way, I'm straying off topic again." A light sigh escaped his lips. "...Basically, back when your great great grandfather was alive, there were still quite a few of us left. Now, not as many. Not nearly as many." His eyes, which had glazed over as he spoke, focused again and moved to stare into her own eyes. "...But it's beyond either of our control, so why worry about it? It's best to enjoy the days we have left then sit around worrying." He managed a small, somewhat forced smile, that clearly revealed that he had spent quite a while worrying about it. Well, that and other things.

"But can't you have.. you know.. merkids... or something?" She blushed and looked at her hands. "N-nevermind you don't have to answer that.... sorry. To personal... I'm prying aren't I?" She fittled with her mermaid broach necklace crimson to her ears turning away from him.

(Someone gotta break the ice.....they can't as far as he knows..))

Jacus looked at her, only talking with a slight accent... He sighed and turned away, "Well I'm sorry if my story isn't interesting enough for you... This story is important to my history... I don't need to finish it..."

((Busy week for me. xd.png Don't worry I'll catch up on the reading. My characters aren't interacting with anyone at the moment, so I haven't been checking back often))

Fyre tilted her head even more. "I am sorry I am not being excited about your story. Being as old as I am, nothing really gets you going anymore. But please do continue. My own story is important to my kind too." She waved a hand for him to continue with his story.

((You can send one of your characters over to Embrye if you want. He's kind of just sitting around somewhere near the lighthouse.))

Tyne blinked once. Twice. Three times and what she said finally registered. His face burst into various hues of red. "E-Er, uh, well... F-From what I know, n-no. We can't... Reproduce." He averted his gaze. "I... Don't mind answering your questions. Really. You can ask whatever. Er, w-well, some things I won't answer, b-but there's not many." He coughed awkwardly and watched her, his blush now having died down to a pink tinge.