Starryluv

Dreaming of DragonCave

I had a dream where I was reviewing user descriptions, except instead of being text they were these short videos, and most of them here not describing dragons. The first was about a spaceship designer/pilot who had built a nifty orange spaceship and at the spaceship expo with all the other designer/pilots. They all got okayed to fly their demo ships around, but when the described character's turn came around, the person in charge was like, "nope, this one doesn't follow regulations" and stopped him from flying. The character was then all mad, thinking, "that's dumb. These are all new, unregulated ships; and anyways, mine is so much better and more unique than any of those."
The second "description" in this dreams stared with a note saying it was by DirtyTabs. An evil witch (the described character) had gotten a rather nice letter from one of my non-DragCave characters politely requesting they get together so they could discuss the current state of the timespace continuum. The witch then went to a restaurant called "DirtyTabs Bar & Grill" (it had a big neon sign above the entrance) and met with a gentleman in a really fancy tuxedo to whom she complained that she had received the most awful letter and asked what should do about it. The tuxedo-wearing man recommended she either ignore the letter or send it on to someone else, and then the witch repeated her question. This looped until the description ended.
The third "description" in this dream, I was wandering through the wrong side of an aquarium with somebody else. I was trying to see into the tanks, but couldn't really see because the ones that didn't have opaque backings had window-blinds covering them up. I did catch a glimpse of a stratos dragon (the 'dusk' form, I believe - the one with the orange throat) in one of the larger tanks. The aquarium itself that was being described, except the segment didn't actually describe anything. I think it ran over the 1,000-character limit? Or maybe it's because I woke up at that point.

I dreamt that TJ made it so you could switch between trophy levels you had obtained (maybe because you e.g. like just having four slots and the limit helps you not overindulge, or something; though now that I'm awake I assume it was just debug code that had made it into production and he couldn't be fussed to remove again :P). And people were playing around with this and noticed that it also affected how many stats a thing would need to grow up. And there was a very brief fun moment where two things coincided:

(1) I derped and let a 4d 1h hatchling grow up that I had meant to stun and trade - it was something valuable like a 2G prize that I didn't actually want to keep, but which was now an adult on my scroll,

(2) someone noticed that you could revert things to a previous stage if you switched to a lower trophy level, sometimes, if the stats and your timing were right!

So sure enough I could revert it to a hatchling and do the stun thing after all. :P And then TJ fixed that because that part was obviously a bug. (My hatchling stayed as it was, he just closed the window of opportunity to make use of this bug, he didn't revert its effects.)

In the waking world I have to say that I doubt the trophy levels would work that way even if one wanted to slightly scale stats with trophies. It would have to be the other way around - easier for the newbies, i.e. lower stats for things to grow up on lower trophy levels.

Also:

[15:46] <Sethiss> my first thought was "could this be exploited to 'save' ND that died at the last moment?

[...]

[15:50] <pinkgothic> Re: saving NDs, sneaky. ❤️
[15:51] <pinkgothic> Though probably not; growing up is at 4d, dying is at 0d, and changing stats is not time travel.

I had a dream that seemed to almost play out like a movie.

It was about one of my lineage pairs, a blue pargulus and a glowback who I'm hoping to start a lineage with. Anyway, the dream was just their life from meeting to settling down together and I vividly remember a scene of them by a quiet lake in a forest and the glowback was laying with her head on the pargulus' back.

It was weirdly sweet.

Last night, I dreamt that a Shimmer had triplets and I was fortunate enough to get 1 out of 3, lol. 😆

I had a dream two nights ago right after I joined DC and it was so weird I was and abandoned chided outside of my home and it freaked me out when I woke up and got and abandoned egg.   

I dreamed the AP time was at 6 days 21 hours. What a nightmare!

I just dreamt that a Black Dino was added to the cave (it looked like a comical Orca - though I think it was supposed to be a Megalodon or something similar) and that there were also two other prehistoric themed dragons added [one egg looked like a fossil, the other seemed like it was made of bone fragments]...though these eggs were twice the size of a normal dragon egg sprite. (No, I didn't see the hatchlings or adults of these dragons :()

Well, part of my dream last night did involve DC when, during the Halloween new release egg drop, if users were not careful enough, they would come across a secret page with a spoopy drawing being that would essentially remove a person from existence, so long as they looked at it.

No idea what this was meant to symbolise but it did remind me of the final boss battle with Giygas from Earthbound. I would prefer it if something like this was not implemented in future holiday events.

Bumping this because I can't get this dream out of my head.  

Last night before bed I was clicking on the newly-adult new releases in hatcheries to get a head start on unlocking their encyclopedia entries despite the encyclopedia entries not actually being there yet (they are now, though). I guess that was really on my mind because I ended up dreaming about the Encyclopedia, it looked mostly the same but there was one strange flowy bright-green dragon in it and I remember in my dream thinking 'dang, I keep forgetting that one actually exists, I need to get more of those!' I think it was bigger than the sprites surrounding it, and it was towards the top somewhere among the 'A's. It was bright green but kinda pastel-green, and the pose was like it was mid-air facing the viewer with it's large chest/stomach area the main focus. 

I had a dream that next month's raffle was a "Dream Dragon" raffle.

Users entered for a chance to win any one dragon of their choosing with a custom code and color pallet (so you could have a Palomino horse dragon with the code Dream or a Black Chicken with the code Zeggs) . It didn't matter if the dragon was a holiday, hybrid, thuwed, unbreedable, etc.The only rule was that you couldn't wish for a dragon off someone's scroll (so you couldn't wish to own Penk for example)

It was a great idea until a massive debate came up in the forums over what the value of these new "dream alts" would be to the point where TJ came along and flat out cancelled raffles.

A while ago I dreamed a mass stealth update happened, with dragons with similar but slightly different descriptions to the current ones appearing occasionally. It turned out they were exorbitantly rare shinies, some just recolored with different descriptions (like a moldy cheese that was actually just leaf green), some with completely new poses. I only managed to grab two, but given sheer expected rarity I was pleased with getting two at all.

I've also dreamed before that DC forum looked completely different, a black and... green? style forums with large side margins and a smaller-seeming chat base.

10 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

A while ago I dreamed a mass stealth update happened, with dragons with similar but slightly different descriptions to the current ones appearing occasionally. It turned out they were exorbitantly rare shinies, some just recolored with different descriptions (like a moldy cheese that was actually just leaf green), some with completely new poses. I only managed to grab two, but given sheer expected rarity I was pleased with getting two at all.

I've also dreamed before that DC forum looked completely different, a black and... green? style forums with large side margins and a smaller-seeming chat base.

For a long time I've wished for some new 'true rares' on DC, the only thing that comes close is Stats. 

I often dream about small DC things that I don't even realize didn't actually happen until I get online in the morning. Most recently it was a trade I put up before bed and I got lots of offers but they were... Not completely the same dragons we have in the game now, very similar but somehow different. I actually remember thinking, *in the dream*, that I was going to miss out on all those offers by the time I woke up (my dreams like to screw with me, lol) .... But all of it was a dream, even the part about putting up a trade before bed. 

I dreamed I saw some Desipis eggs in the AP, and I thought "TJ must have mistakenly started Halloween already even though it's only September". Then I found out it was a new release that just happened to look like Desipis eggs. They were Cookie Dragons that were unbreedables, and we had to bake them to make more.

Then there was another breed that had different CB variants that we could find behind different doors inside a building that was also a book somehow. I found more and more different doors in the book, so I asked TJ how many variants of that breed there were, and he said fifty-four.

Dear TJ, please don't release a dragon breed with 54 variants.

I dreamed that there is a new April's Fools event which replaces all egg descriptions with either insults or funny and illogical sentences. I grabbed an egg with the description "This egg is french fries.", and "This egg smells like dishwasher.". 

16 hours ago, DreamButton said:

I dreamed that there is a new April's Fools event which replaces all egg descriptions with either insults or funny and illogical sentences. I grabbed an egg with the description "This egg is french fries.", and "This egg smells like dishwasher.". 

omg... it would be so frustrating but I would absolutely love if this happened 

On 12/29/2021 at 4:22 AM, Arcy said:

omg... it would be so frustrating but I would absolutely love if this happened 

Haha, me, too. :lol:

I dreamt of the Valentine's event tonight. There were new dragons, of course, and they were roughly the same colours as Graves, only paler. They were, however, a bit sturdier, like Harvests. Weirdly, they had dimorphism.

There was a story that included a Water Dragon named Leander or Levander, but I was too excited about the eggs to read much of it (people say they have a hard time reading in dreams, but I do that all the time, as I love books and often dream of bookshops).

I was napping this afternoon and dreamt that I woke up and saw tons of super-low-time Valentine eggs in the AP, like 8 hours left I think, and I couldn't understand how Valentine eggs could even exist this far from breeding-week but I clicked madly and ended up with two messy Eradors. But when I checked their lineages the lineage page was different, hard to explain but instead of seeing the lineage-tiles from the side it was like a point of view from the top of the page looking down. 

On April I dreaming about a place with a lot of dragons. It feels unfamiliar yet for some reason I have these deja Vu, that I know this place. When I wake up I realized that somehow I dreaming, on 3d format, a site that I have used many many years ago.

And now here I am, back after a dream lol.

just last night i dreamt that all the caves were removed and the only way you could get existing dragons was by summoning them with two different new guardian species of dragons you had to catch yourself.

you had to pair two different guardian species to get a specific dragon. a ton of them were made so there was hundreds of combinations you could make to get a species of dragon you wanted.

I had a very vivid dream that someone I was arranging a trade with sent me a message saying it wouldn't work out. Later that day when I was awake, I remembered the dream message and tried to reply to it, only to find out there was no such thing lol

i had a dream that i bred an erador with a falconiform and it produced a multiclutch of 4 falconiforms. the first one had the code (Genie), which i was super excited about, but then i got busy with dinner and by the time i got back i was almost out of time to decide which egg i wanted to keep, and i misclicked and accidentally sent Genie to the AP and cried a little