MisunderstoodDreamer

Make 2nd gen Thuweds protected by sickness?

I still can't stop to think about my disadventure, so I would like to see if at least it can be of any help to others who may be in the same condition.

Basically, during the last Thuwed breeding (10 days ago) I received an egg. It was late night when I noticed it (by chance, I shouldn't have been online at that time), I was so sleepy and tired to totally forget to fog it as prevention. When I woke up after 8h I discovered that overnight it was viewbombed and was sick. I rushed to fog it, but it died the same sad.gif

Now, since Thuweds are well known and easily traceable, wouldn't be helpful to have their offsprings protected by sickness? Since you never know when they'll arrive on your scroll, they may be delivered when you aren't online and killed before you even notice it.

At least, may they be protected until you perform an action on them, meaning that you have noticed them on your scroll and therefore took them in care?

Don't know, just throwing out an idea to the public. Let me hear your thoughts unsure.gif

~ Proposals ~

1. Eggs protected by sickness.

2. Eggs protected by sickness until an action is performed on them (meaning that the receiver has noticed them).

3. Eggs auto-fogged upon arrival on scroll.

4. Totally reworking the sickness mechanics so that sick eggs won't die (unless they are sick for days) but will just take longer time for hatching https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry8343959

5. Finding a way for avoiding strangers to add your eggs to sites.

6. Eggs aren't showed on their parents' progeny page until it becomes an hatchling or a frozen hatchling/adult.

Edited by MisunderstoodDreamer

I agree. That must have been so sad to see that happen. I personally haven't gotten one yet (I don't even have a Bronze Trophy) but still. I feel for you.

Please implement something to prevent Thuwed eggs from dying until an action is taken. It seems like a reasonable solution.

I also think they should be protected from dying from sickness, like CB prizes ... or maybe auto-fog them upon arrival?

or maybe auto-fog them upon arrival?

Aren't they already? I seem to recall the one I received some months ago being fogged... I might just misremembering though smile.gif In any case it is indeed a good idea to have it arrive fogged!

Edited by Rhynn Collins

I would say this was unnecessary... if it weren't for the fact that yes, they ARE very easy to trace down and viewbomb, all someone would have to do is check the progeny of the dragons on the Thuwed page.

As it is, I can support, because they're rare AND they're extremely easy targets. At least a fog on delivery if not protection.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

I'm sorry for your lost, but I'm surprised that this has become an issue. I thought at one point TJ fogged it what he put an egg on a scroll. Wasn't the case when I got mine, but no one seemed to bother it.

Maybe TJ should just fog it at delivery. It will be protected, but you'll still be responsible for raising it correctly.

I would go for a fog on delivery, but not protect from sickness. that is the job of the owner.

I also think they should be protected from dying from sickness, like CB prizes ... or maybe auto-fog them upon arrival?

Auto-fog upon arrival would be a great solution too, I didn't think about it! Thanks for proposing it smile.gif

TJ can choose the solution he prefers the best, I would agree on whatever decision he'll take for fixing this matter. It's something too heartbreaking to live or to see happening to someone else again...

I have a 2nd gen THUWED dragon, actually it's not a very popular breed nor is it named so I think someone viewbombed you for spite.

I'm not sure how to go with this suggestion, but like everyone said you should have just fogged it the moment you got it. ER then add to hatcheries and repeat

Much like when protection for 2G prizes was suggested, I don't support this - but not because I don't want them to be exempt from such a harsh and unnecessary 'punishment' for something the scroll owner didn't even do, but because I would greatly prefer sickness be reworked for every dragon.

skauble posted a really great solution to the whole view bombing issue into Discussion on View Bombing thread.

*hugs*

Sorry to hear about your Thuwed. sad.gif I only ever got one 2G Thuwed and I was very paranoid with fogging it regularly... I would have been extremely heartbroken if I'd lost it to sickness.

[ Edit: Late typo fix. @_@ So embarrassing. ]

Edited by pinkgothic

I have a 2nd gen THUWED dragon, actually it's not a very popular breed nor is it named so I think someone viewbombed you for spite.

I'm not sure how to go with this suggestion, but like everyone said you should have just fogged it the moment you got it. ER then add to hatcheries and repeat

I know it, I've always been careful with my eggs. I always fog precious eggs but at that time I was for falling asleep on my computer so I totally forgot it and went to bed sad.gif

Definitely there's someone around that doesn't like me, don't know why. And it surely got too many views for such few hours of life, there was obviously an evil intention behind sad.gif

That's why I proposed to discuss this, the chance of aiming to a Thuwed egg while the owner isn't around should be contrasted.

Much like when protection for 2G prizes was suggested, I don't support this - but not because I don't want them to be except from such a harsh and unnecessary 'punishment' for something the scroll owner didn't even do, but because I would greatly prefer sickness be reworked for every dragon.

skauble posted a really great solution to the whole view bombing issue into Discussion on View Bombing thread.

*hugs*

Sorry to hear about your Thuwed. sad.gif I only ever got one 2G Thuwed and I was very paranoid with fogging it regularly... I would have been extremely heartbroken if I'd lost it to sickness.

This isn't the same thing as 2nd gen Prizes. For having a 2nd gen Prize on your scroll you have to claim them on a link and you are aware of their arrival, while Thuweds arrive on your scroll at any moment.

Thanks for posting that link, it's a really interesting solution too smile.gif

Another one would be that hatcheries would require you logging in, so nobody can add your eggs unless they know your password. It should work like http://dcrecords.tj09.net/check , where you are brought to the Dragon Cave API login page. But I guess not every hatchery site can do this sad.gif

Edited by MisunderstoodDreamer

I would have no objection if TJ fogged a Thuwed egg when he added it to someone's scroll. I agree to this because TJ breeds randomly and the new owner might not even see the egg for hours or even days if they have RL issues.

I do object to a Thuwed egg being immune from sickness. It's the new owner's responsibility to make sure eggs/hatchlings stay healthy.

------------------------

Then again, I think the whole mechanic of sickness and eggs dying should be eliminated alltogether.. along with removing refusals. DC is different enough from other pixel games already, and I see no reason for players being punished for playing a game that is supposed to be for fun and relaxation.

I would have no objection if TJ fogged a Thuwed egg when he added it to someone's scroll. I agree to this because TJ breeds randomly and the new owner might not even see the egg for hours or even days if they have RL issues.

I do object to a Thuwed egg being immune from sickness. It's the new owner's responsibility to make sure eggs/hatchlings stay healthy.

This. But hatcheries requiring a log in will never work - there are so many other ways to viewbomb, and you can't force them all to, anyway.

Another one would be that hatcheries would require you logging in, so nobody can add your eggs unless they know your password. It should work like http://dcrecords.tj09.net/check , where you are brought to the Dragon Cave API login page. But I guess not every hatchery site can do this sad.gif

This won't protect you. At all. I'm aware of a couple of non-hatchery clicksites with a ton of power; anyone making a habit of viewbombing will probably be aware of more. Your idea might slow down a casual angry player, but a dedicated viewbomber (in other words, someone who's viewbombing because it's what they do, not someone who's angry about a single egg) won't even be inconvenienced.

I would support an autofog on delivery for a 2nd-gen Thuwed, but not full sickness protection. I'd also support skauble's viewbombing solution that pinkgothic posted, and would prefer this to an autofog answer.

This isn't the same thing as 2nd gen Prizes. For having a 2nd gen Prize on your scroll you have to claim them on a link and you are aware of their arrival, while Thuweds arrive on your scroll at any moment.

Thanks for posting that link, it's a really interesting solution too smile.gif

I didn't claim it's the same thing. I said my opinion of it is the same. smile.gif I don't support changing the way sickness works for a subset of dragons. I want it to be fixed globally.

Making hatcheries require your scroll password will unfortunately not fix the problem, for two reasons - one, they need API access to be able to do this, and when they get API access is unfortunately out of their hands (I've been waiting for many months for one for DDF), and two, it's easy to viewbomb people using high traffic forums all the same. I generally prefer server-side solutions for this reason - that's one place where it has to change, and there's no way anyone can get around it then. laugh.gif

[ Edit: I should also clarify that don't support does not mean actively oppose - it just means I have no interest in seeing this changed, since I think there is a better solution to the general problem. ]

Edited by pinkgothic

I think fogging on arrival is the best solution, since eggs arrive randomly.

(This may also cut down on the number of people who accidentally abandon their Thuwed without checking its lineage, not realizing that it's a gift, and not an egg they accidentally picked up without realizing. At least people would be more likely to check the egg to see why it's fogged. Two birds, one stone, and all that. smile.gif )

(This may also cut down on the number of people who accidentally abandon their Thuwed without checking its lineage, not realizing that it's a gift, and not an egg they accidentally picked up without realizing. At least people would be more likely to check the egg to see why it's fogged. Two birds, one stone, and all that. smile.gif )

This is a very good point. I didn't realise that was a problem. ohmy.gif

I think that, specifically for Thuweds, the best protection would be an auto-fog, as has been pointed out by a number of people. Thuwed eggs are easy to track, and often, Thuwed breedings are getting an announcement in the forums (Congrats thread, Do You Have a Thuwed thread, trading threads...)

Considering all that, you might check your scroll before going to bed, then wake up to broken shells on your scroll. :/ That's definitely not fun, and you have no way to prevent this from happening.

Making log-in mandatory for adding eggs/hatchies to a hatchery won't help, either, as there are click-exchange sites like Yarold's around. With these, it's quite easy to viewbomb someone else's egg.

I support auto-fogging on arrival. I have never gotten on the list and only SEEN it open once (took too long agonizing over what I wanted) so if I ever did get on it, I'd want to MAKE SURE my baby survived. Having it fog on arrival would help immensely, especially since if TJ breeds it while I'm sleeping or at work, that's the majority of 24 hours I can't be around for it.

I caught mine in the AP by chance so I've never been on the list but I also support auto fog upon arrival.

Another vote for autofogging. But also one against sickness protection.

Auto-fogging upon arrival sounds tempting at first, but I'd like to point out that you usually wait a while for a thuwed. So what if you happen to be on vacation or without internet for whatever reason when your thuwed arrives? While a friend can keep an eye on your scroll and add your growing things to a hatcherie, they can't fog or unfog things for you. And having a long-awaited thuwed run out of time because it happens to arrive fogged while you're away is as terrible as having it die of sickness.

I absolutely agree with pinkgothics post:

Much like when protection for 2G prizes was suggested, I don't support this - but not because I don't want them to be exempt from such a harsh and unnecessary 'punishment' for something the scroll owner didn't even do, but because I would greatly prefer sickness be reworked for every dragon.

*hugs*

So, for the reasons she stated, no support for sickness protection for specific eggs, it's better to rethink if the mechanics of sickness itself should be changed instead.

Edited by Ha-Ki

So, for the reasons she stated, no support for sickness protection for specific eggs, it's better to rethink if the mechanics of sickness itself should be changed instead.

What if sickness isn't reworked, though? Saying no because you'd prefer a different thing is a bit of a non-answer...

For me, personally, I'd be fine with fogging on arrival smile.gif

I don't really think any egg should be immune to sickness, but I think fogging upon arrival is a great idea. smile.gif