Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Arwena got on Drago and headed out of the stable.

"I see you got that string thing. Oh Jacus, would you ask the two girls in my stable why they are there? They were hostages, I wonder why they didn't go home."

Arwena looked at Jacus and Drago quizzically.

Jacus knelt by the girls and talked to them quietly the biggest things that Drago and Arwena could hear were, "No parents." And "Orphan." Jacus smiled and told them that they would find a good home and went back to Arwena and Drago. "...yeah.."

"When I write to get he council i'll also write to a friend of my dad's. They've been trying for years, and... five years ago they found out she was sterile. She's been depressed since... they will take in the children. They live just outside the Forest realm, that is, if they want too." Drago nodded. Lately it's been hard for her husband to get her to eat. This might bring her joy finally.

Jacus nodded, "You would have to go through human law... The paperwork involved and all... The couple would need to come here for that.

"I'm quite sure they wouldn't mind that! They'll be happy just to have children. Although her husband, Astif would come, she, Enya, hasn't gotten out of bed for a while. .... this might give her new hope, like I said, there might not be any more orphans waiting for a family with us elves living so close by."

Jacus smiled, "If open borders and mutual living becomes a thing between our kingdoms, I'm sure life would improve for everyone in almost every way."

"Indeed. Girls, wait one day. I'll come by tomorrow afternoon to get you two. Jacus, come on. I need to send those letters right away." She started riding to his house. When he caught up with her, she asked again. "I am curious Jacus... what did the king say to you? Was it about us? It might seem silly, but while I was speaking to him I felt the need to ask his permission for us... that's what we ask the council. If they don't approve of a couple they won't allow it. Most of the time, the relationship turns sour after so many years... They prevent that from happening.....

I know he isn't like that though, and refrained from asking..."

Jacus closed his eyes, "The king has no business in others relationships. That is between the families of the couple. He stays out of those affairs. It is not his place. Our council is our families. They make the judgement if the couple should go on together or split before things goes south."

"I thought so, that's why I didn't ask. This is a big adjustment for me.... hmm, looks like it's going to rain tonight. " when they reached his home she had Drago lay down and she made (with magic) a little cover for him to stay dry. Then she went inside, writing the letters and calling two hawks to deliver them. "There... now that is done.." She pulled out her violin and reading the book slowly started to play with some squeaks and mistakes that she corrected later on.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((I'm going to take a day off from this RP. Some time to collect myself and all while I got 4+ RPs here and 2+ RPs on another site. This one certainly is my longest 1x1.))

Fine by me! Mage should be posting on ocean blue today, and I'm waiting for lady to post in pack. I also have other rps on here and other sights (although I keep waiting for them to post on other sights but they aren't) ))

Jacus sat and listened to Arwena when they heard a knock on the door. "That must be Nick." He went to the door. It was Nick

Arwena stopped and smiled at Nick. "He's out back." She lead him to Drago, knocking on the roof of his little hut. "Drago, come out and meet a friend of Jacus's. His name is Nick." The wolf crawled outside and looked at Nick. He huffed.

"He says hi. And you smell like soot..." At that the wolf sneezed twice and shook his head. "Agh! It is strong! What.... is going on Jacus? You wouldn't bring a friend over just to meet me..." there was a low growl as he narrowed his ice blue eyes at Jacus, head tilted suspiciously.

Nick looked nervously at Drago, "Well... You were serious..."

Jacus laughed, "Drago, Nick here is going to measure you out from that he can make armor for you."

The wolf's eyes brightened and he stood up proudly. "Finally! I get that armor! You are the best brother Jacus!" He slopped a kiss on Jacus's cheek, his tail wagging a little bit before he composed himself.

Arwena laughed. "Don't worry, Drago won't bite, watch your toes though, he tends to step on them by accident. If it helps, I'm a druid. Drago is my companion. He thinks like a human dose... I think there's a spell I can cast to help you understand him... if you want me to."

Nicked shook his head, "I sorta need to get going before this rain. I'll measure and leave."

"Damnit Drago!" Jacus laughed, "I was clean all day!"

Drago huffed a laugh and held still for Nick to measure him.

Arwena held a cloth out to Jacus. "Here.... " she was totally trying not to laugh at him. "He just... made you... cleaner.. " She snorted then burst out laughing and keeper giggling. "I think you have drool in your hair!"

Jacus swiped the towel and rubbed his face and hair.

Nick quietly measured Drago's head, body, tail, legs, paws, and claws. He finished by patting Drago's head. He turned to Arwena, "What color would you like the metal? I can make it dull, shiny, or solid. I have a variety of armor quality metals too."

Arwena looked at Drago before speaking to Nick. "There's a style that makes the metal look blue and dull, and have it formed like a Dragon, the horns he wants shiny, and sharp if you can. The metal should be able to take a lot of stress, at some point in time he'll be fighting and it can be anything. Weight won't matter, he could carry a war horse on his back without hindrance. He also said, don't worry about his back, his head neck and belly are his weak points..."

Nick nodded, "I know a tailor that could make a custom saddle for the armor."

Jacus smiled, "I'm guessing you mean Jenn?"

Nick laughed, "You know it."

Arwena shifted and pointed to the leaf shaped green saddle that was Drago's. "I already have one, thank you though for the offer. I know it wouldn't match, but I'm not to fond of leather, any hide we use is from old goats, sheep and yaks we keep. Before they pass we ask if we can use their hide.. it's .. a druid thing. That saddle is made out of yak hide, and sheep wool.... it took me a little while, in your standards, to make it. When a druid summons a animal large enough to ride, they must make a saddle for them by themselves.

I don't doubt this tailor has skills, but.... I would like to stick with my own workmanship. I'm asking you to make the armor, because I am horrid at smithing...and no elf wants to go near Drago..."

Nick nodded, "Jenn could try an tailor it into the armor, or add a latch so you could add or remove it at will. Worse cause, I try and build around the saddle you have."

Arwena shook her head confused. Drago started drawing. "Tell him he does not have too, just make the helm, claws, and chest guard only for my upper half. I will not be wearing the armor constantly. The claws I will, the helm, no. It would be a hassle to ware armor when we want to ride. Like the king dressing up his horse, just for a simple trot around the castle yard. I am not a horse, therefore need different requirements then horses do. He huffed then looked up at a slow roll that sounded. His ears flattened and he backed into his hut with a whimper.

Nick sighed, "Just see me in two days... I'll have most it done, and then I can touch it up when he wears it."

Jacus nodded, "Will do."

Drago yelped as lightning split the sky. Arwena looked at Nick. "Sorry for keeping you so long, hope you get home safe and dry..."

She crawled in with Drago calming him and humming trying to get him to sleep.