Millennium07

777: Seven Gates, Seven Vices, Seven Loves - OOC

All of the Saints elements are based on will... It's got nothing to do with just fire ^^"" there is nothing separating a Saint of Fire literally bursting into flames when angry from a Saint of Air creating a tornado... They all work the exact same way.

Your Dark Souls example... Though agsin, I've only heard the name and know nothing about what it is, sounds apt for all the elements honestly. They all vary greatly based on the user's personality and traits. Morgan for instance, will use her powers vastly differently to Blake, for instance.

Dunno what you mean by mana pool though...? Again there is nothing separating the pool of a fire user from that of an earth user... They're all literally the same. I mean, I know why Rose's is compromised, and she relies on Verrick due to their partnership... But it'd be no differant if he himself were water. (Huh. We don't have a same-element pair, huh? I feel like that's a missed oppurtunity somehow...)

And yep, Thae, elements won't be allowed for quite some time yet. Just energy for now~

Hope everything i did power related was alright?

Also just a theoretical question here, but what would happen if one of these recruit Saints were to fail this test?

They'd be trained in like a boot camp until they could pass... Unless, for some reason, they legitimately couldn't pass, in which case, they'd bd reassigned - like Sonia.

I keep meaning to draw her and the other staff for you guys.

EDIT: Psy, that's marvelous!!

And yesss, he's right! The school is built as an extension to a cathedral~

Edited by Millennium07

For more detail:

Mana pools:

I originally believed that Saints work based on a limited mana pool. I keep wanting to inflict limitations on Saints because I've played VERY few roleplays with actual "hey go crazy you have serious magic power."

Then again, this is manga-themed. Hence why Rose was how she was.

But I digress.

In any case, the limited mana pool would become unlimited after training, but it is based on the user's will and soul.

Like I've said before, each user channels something different based on personality and traits, like you said, for their power.

Verick's emotions, not just as a Fire Saint, heavily influence his power currently.

But if we don't have mana pools and I'm just over thinking this, again, I would like more guidelines about how Saint powers work.

- What are the limitations?

- What affects each Saint different from another?

- What makes each Saint type unique, more than just "I can use this element and you can't?"

- What does each Saint need in order to use their abilities? Does a water Saint require a Water source? Hence why I believed Fire needed a mana pool - they can forge their own fire from their own spirit, whereas others may need a source of it.

- Or, if that's not the case, can they all just manifest magical matter, and break the laws of physics momentarily/permanently?

I'd really like to know, to avoid "stepping on toes."

user posted image

Basically, should Chaos accept it:

The tribe that Venessa found on one of her mountain treks was a group of roughly 40 people, from different cultures and religions, who had lost their homes and families to the demons. Some blamed gods. Others blamed demons. But because the military couldn't fight the demons effectively enough (in their opinions) and Saints were rare, they began their own form of training. Whether other Saints are from/were taught by this tribe is up for grabs, but the tribe focused on the elements of the wild, rather than the six of Saints.

It was known as the Wild Ones, or the Ek'tal. They have devised their own government and have grown from humble beginnings. They have followers who give up all material belongings to seek strength to fight demons - no matter if it actually works or not. Because of their hiding and their small community, finding them is a rare occurrence, but they accept all who are lost, whether due to demon attack or simple misgivings.

The four aspects are Might, Courage, Will, and Tenacity. They are the four pillars of an individual, which determines their natural ability. By focusing through these four pillars and learning from the animals that represent them, people can go beyond normal limitations.

As such, Vanessa has become much more animalistic, hence her use of the term copulation and her natural attitude towards all things nature. The tattoo upon her arm may be shared by other Saints (doesn't have to be Earth) who found the tribe in their dark times.

I'd actually like if one of the teachers had once been one of them. It'd be cool. Or if they worked for the Academy in secret, searching for Saints amongst their ranks.

Nope, no mana pools.

There are limitations... But not ones like that. After a full two years of training, and bonding with their partner, a Saint can... Do practically anything nature can with their element.

But depending on WHAT it is they try to do, they tire quicker. Like... If you run somewhere, you'll be out of breath. But if you walk it'll take much longer to get out of breath.

Let's take Verick and David for a moment. As Saints of Fire, they can do anything with fire that can be done with fire. Eventually.

But when they first learn to manifest fire... Even just creating a fireball will be exhausting.

It's like going to a gym. The note you work out, the more you can do.

With me so far?

That's something you've actually grasped quite nicely since day one.

Saints will use their elements differently depending on how they choose to fight.

Verrick seems the type to go all-in, for instance, trying to get a battle overwith quickly, with fierce firestorms, whereas David would hang back and conserve strength, attempting to hit an enemy from behind or on a weak point with a weaker attack, or even forgoing his fire attacks altogether to use his Vice Reflector's chains instead, either setting them on fire, or electrifying them.

You are overthinking, yes, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's mainly that you've misunderstood, which I can try and clear up now.

- What are the limitations?

I answer this one above

- What affects each Saint different from another?

You mean, what makes David different from Verrick?

Their Vice Reflectors (IE, David's chains) and Vice Breakers. That's pretty much it, other than fighting style.

- What makes each Saint type unique, more than just "I can use this element and you can't?"

Nothing. I've been saying this since day one.

- What does each Saint need in order to use their abilities? Does a water Saint require a Water source? Hence why I believed Fire needed a mana pool - they can forge their own fire from their own spirit, whereas others may need a source of it.

The answers are on the first page, but for those too lazy to look them up, they all require the same stamina and energy that swinging a sword or delivering a sharp kick would, but in addition to that:

Saints of Fire:

Fire - Fuel (air will do)

Electricity - Air

Plasma - An ionisable gas (once again, air)

Saints of Water:

Water - Moisture (as can be found in the air), or the ingredients to create water (Hydrogen x2 + Oxygen x1 - both of which are, once again, in the air)

Ice - Same as above

Saints of Air:

Air - Any has (so again, air)

Saints of Earth:

Earth - Any land

Plants -Direct access to soil

Metal - Direct access to metal or to soil/rock

Saints of Light:

Light - Any source of light, however faint

Saints of Darkness:

Darkness - Any shadow

Void - Any shadow large enough for a person to fit into completely

And onto the next part, hooooh boy...

I have to admit, it's really well thought out, but... Well it sounds like the beginnings of an RP, not an addition to an existing one.

I mean, first of all, even if I did accept it, I'd veto the 'go beyond human limits' thing because... That doesn't fit with the established lore.

Second, it'd be impossible for them to have Saints with them. A Saint's brand gives off a distinct invisible energy pulse, which can be detected by special radars used at the academy... It isn't possible to be avoided, and they're taken without choice to the academy.

But my main issue is... I don't really see the point? I mean... I get you wanna help with the plot and world building... But you can't.

It's already been done - all the RPs I post are like that, ask Kuro, he was in an old one of mine just like it, and I was just as adamant about keeping things how I intended them back then.

I mean... It doesn't interfere with the plot overall... But it doesn't really do anything at all. It just doesn't... Really make sense?

I mean people regressing into tribal behaviour when in remote areas under constant attack by demons, sure, that's downright scientific, but... There is no way they would have any means of training Saints. There is no way to tell if a Saint even IS a Saint until their mark appears, at which point they are immediately taken away.

I mean, I don't know if you intended this group to be a plot-based thing, as in, the characters would run into them, or they'd visit them at some point, and if you did - once again, no, because the plot is already done and it just doesn't fit in with everything else.

I mean this isn't an outright no... But I really just don't see the point? I mean, if you can fix the flaws and explain a point, then maybe I'll consider it.

But regardless, I hope that answered your questions~

user posted image

Very very well-done explanation. Thank you.

The second idea was a shot in the wind. The whole basis wasn't just "training Saints". In fact, it's not even focused on them. It's training people - no matter how much it doesn't do because normal people can't fight demons almost at all - to try and become something better.

But as for the first.

FIRE CONTROLS PLASMA, ELECTRICITY, AND FIRE?!

Oh my GOD THAT'S AWESOME.

But wouldn't Light control plasma (light energy) and air control electricity (storm and lightning energy) as well, in some form, meaning possible combos? Like Air could move moisture in the air to a Water Saint, and vice versa.

*thumbs up*

Aaaaaand nah, Light is all about bending light and stuff. Plasma is created by heat. So fire xd.png

And yessssss awesome I know yes yes xd.png

And yes~ Saints of Air can CREATE electricity, by combining hot and cold air currents - they just can't CONTROL it, like Saints of Fire can - who can do both.

user posted image

But, plasma creates heat.

I'm in college for chemistry classes and such (well I was recently), and plasma is not just formed by heat but also creates heat.. it's like a constant battery.

I'm really tired though so I may be like.. mixing things up. Probably am.

I'll recheck it tomorrow, even look it up..

But for now I'll just take your word for it. But it makes sense. But fire is also the most dangerous because of it.

In comparison with Thael, though, I managed to incorporate Blaze Knight as an important Phantasm. :3

Edited by KuroKishi

Not really? It wasn't like you could 'join the WKs' and I said from the start that you could let your character succumb if you want.

... Of course that bit was removed when I redid it... I think I've tried to do it like three times now. Holy crap.

Shh... Wraith Knights couldn't be joined, but he was a Knight.

That makes him important for me. And, if my mind can recall correctly, he used to be a strong Phantasm. Had some connection to WK, definitely.

One more try wouldn't hurt, eh? biggrin.gif Just for old time's sake.

I mean, if you wanna try again, I'll be right there.

Edited by KuroKishi

I talked a about it with Lilly, and I might... But be warned, the first time was VERY different to how I retooled it later, and things I allowed the first time, I didn't later on.

Partly because of how and why the first one died and partly because, creatively, I was never happy with it.

But yes, it'd be very different yes.

If I did revive it you were still interested regardless though, you'd be welcome to give it a crack~

Edited by Millennium07

Jeez... I disappear for a couple of weeks and this RP seems to have hit the fan. About 2 more days and I'll try to get myself back into the action.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I was endorsing it. But not many people would have thought about it so I was like "Oh because of that."

I caught it. Don't worry.

user posted image

Edited by Thaelasan

Okay, so I am looking at the list of unpaired people, and I remember something about four of those people being paired with the wrong people at first, having problems, then eventually getting paired with the right people. Which four out of the list are the ones who will go through that? I ask this so it is easier to pick a partner for Esko.

I have been thinking of a plot twist for some time...if Esko doesn't get paired but is kept, he wouldn't be able to look out for Sasha in the labyrinths, and he wold HAVE to trust Robin. That would be hard, with him being the overprotective big brother, but that would bring some plot.

Then again, that would make him a bummer to roleplay. He would just sulk and train. He wouldn't be fun to rp....

I am in one crazy situation right now

I only recall two people having the problem of not staying paired with their original partners. You might be mixing up Zakku's characters in that count because they were already at the academy before any of our characters were and couldn't find matching partners with their wave of Saints.

Unless I am wrong I believe Alis and Antonio are the two who would like to have a pairing that doesn't work out before they end up together.

Edited by psyshock

That is correct, it was Alis and Antonio. I just don't think there was another pair that we decided to cross them with.

I'd also be interested in having Flint have a bad pair at first, though it would be just as interesting if he gets the right one right off the bat.

Come to think of it... He's still unpaired. Not many available guys/girls compatible with him.

So... yeah... Where'd everyone go?

Also... if you wish to know more about my characters, feel free to ask. I've had a few weeks to flesh them out and work on the details relating to their compatibility. I'll also use it as an opportunity to verify whether or not these details will be accepted in the actual storyline.