Millennium07

777: Seven Gates, Seven Vices, Seven Loves - OOC

I tried so hard and got so far

But in the end I still lost my breakfast~

xd.png

Anyways, added Blake's data to the spreadsheet.

Edited by KuroKishi

Oh boy. I left for dinner and what happened here? (Don't answer that, I've got a good idea of what happened.) And while I want to say a lot, I'll just let the dead horse lie and not bring up the topic anymore.

@Esko: Hm. I always imagined Sasha more muscular than Esko because she does all of the punching and active stuff, and Esko himself being pretty willowy. I guess they wouldn't have much time to bodybuild when they were on the streets, though. They're probably good runners I think. Always think about what your character does and likes to do -- it will affect what they look like. smile.gif [/Mage's character advice]

Also Flint's like:

user posted image

Okay. I see where you are going, and that is good advice, but here is my two cents.

They aren't the only ones living on the streets. Thugs crawl in the allyways, correct? So, Esko and Sasha would have to be pretty fit to survive. So, Esko and Sasha might even have about the same amount of muscle. Plus, Sasha is all head on in her fighting, while Esko focuses more on strategy and stealth. However, I do like the idea of Sasha being more muscular then Esko. Let's go with that smile.gif

Yes, they are AWESOME runners.

RECAP:

Basically, nothing. Everyone's just been mingling, and now we've docked, and the characters are disembarking.

@Esko: Yes, I agree they would be somewhat fit, although not at the level where they would be able to fight thugs (especially armed ones) head-on. (Not before they began developing saint powers, at least.) It would be much more advantageous to hide or run at their age, and there's also the issue of malnourishment and hunger preventing them from building proper muscle. You gotta get that protein.

@psy: I wouldn't say no to Chuan Li initially being paired with Flint, at least until they find their final pairs. wink.gif

Also, thanks everyone who took the time to fill the spreadsheet ! To be fair I expected like three words per section. tongue.gif

Edited by TehUltimateMage

@Mage: oh, I see. Yeah, makes sense. Well, for protein, there ARE deer, but you are correct.

@Chaos: Esko probably would wear it correctly. Sasha would probably have something messy

Like, in the outskirts, in foresty areas around the city.

Mil? Am I okay to go ahead and have my three step into separate rooms and begin? Or, is there a signal we'll need to wait for?

Um, Thael, you're forgetting.... Verick and Rose can't see each other during the test.

Yeah, there is no danger, don't worry. Mild stun ammunition, calibrated to each student based on their medical tests (so Rose and Cherisa, who are lethargic and blind respectively, will have slightly different ammo used, for instance. David too probably, because he's covered with stitched up wounds still). They'll be informed of this beforehand.

And yep! They can see each other before and after... But not during.

The training rooms are next door to each other, more-or-less.

Um, Thael, you're forgetting.... Verick and Rose can't see each other during the test.

I was just about to point that out. You're too fast for me, Narvix.

user posted image

Basically, for the past few days, I have honestly been considering this RP in the back of my mind, since it seems to be the one location where I have been so critiqued. I suppose one reason I have retaliated so violently is that I hold myself to such a perfectionist standard that being critiqued or nitpicked makes me more angry at myself than anyone else.

When I argue with Narvix or anyone else, you're only seeing half of the anger. The other half is myself beating myself up in some sort of mental fracas until I reshape what I said. The other is blatant, undirected fury at those that made me angry at myself. Then, I realize I'm not mad, I'm just frustrated, and feel petty for acting out and being admittedly childish in several facets.

Then I get mad again for acting that way.

So, it's an unstoppable, spinning circle of unwarranted fury that boils over and never reaches a peak. I don't get mad - I get stressed. I get anxious. I get overbearing. And then I laugh it off.

This is something I can't laugh off, because of how seriously everyone is taking it.

I suppose it's even moreso because I've been believing - whether wrongly or not - that Narvix is being condescending. And the only thing I hate in this world is being talked down to, from any source, and it's why I try to get higher - why I try to become the best at what I do. If I write, I want to write better than anyone else, so no one can say that's wrong. If I draw, I want it to be the best, so that no one can say something is bad.

And it's something that's haunted me for my existence. I know that I can't be perfect, but I'll be damned if I don't try my best to do so.

So when one, little thing, that I forgot somehow, is pointed out in front of everyone - not just to me personally - I get peeved.

And this one was huge.

Yeah, there is no danger, don't worry. Mild stun ammunition, calibrated to each student based on their medical tests (so Rose and Cherisa, who are lethargic and blind respectively, will have slightly different ammo used, for instance. David too probably, because he's covered with stitched up wounds still). They'll be informed of this beforehand.

And yep! They can see each other before and after... But not during.

The training rooms are next door to each other, more-or-less.

And this was just one of many. The other happened in the spreadsheet, but I won't harp on that one, because it was also my fault, like this one was, but on a larger scale.

This one, I wrote an entire text wall, and now what am I supposed to do? How do I edit this out? That's what's been screwing with me for days.

For the first day, my pride told me not to pay attention. To blow it off. That I could ignore Narvix and TUM and I could just continue being arrogant.

The second day, my guilt told me it was my fault. I had to do something about it or it would eat at me. But I couldn't figure out how to go about it without looking like they had "won". My pride still had me.

No matter how long it's been, today, I finally sat down and decided to type this out so that I finally explained all of this. Whether it continues an argument or finally settles it, this is how I am.

I'm a perfectionist. I would appreciate if you sent me critiques in messages rather than OOC. My box is always open.

Also, Teh, I'll go back and change the spreadsheet at some point. Narvix was right but I also want to make a character how I want them to be - regardless of realism sometimes. But I'll be more realistic if that's absolutely necessary.

I'm done continuing these mindless farces of back and forth banter that gets us nowhere and,

makes me afraid to even post in this damn RP.

I have legitimately been afraid to post in this, in a way, because I know that something - one thing - will be nitpicked, whether by Millenium, Narvix, or SOMEONE.. in front of everybody.

Hence why I haven't replied or said anything since then.

Edited by Thaelasan

... Yes, Thae, you are expected to go back and change it. Because you made a mistake and you've clearly acknowledged it. If you really do wanna be 'perfect'... Then surely fixing your mistakes should be top of the list?

I mean, I'll abide by your wishes, and I do seriously apologise for any humiliation I've caused you accidentally.

Like you, I sometimes act before considering what my words might do. And to be honest, I'm sick of seeing this thread derailed by drama as well, as I said once before.

But seeing you post that here, when I'm crippled by emotional pain and bedridden by phantom chest pains the doctor refuses to identify other than being 'stress related' does not help my condition one iota. Hell, I could be dying for all I know, and you're here complaining about having made a posting booboo? These pains are so severe that my tutors almost called a bloody ambulance because of how much agony I felt/still feel. And I still felt them even I came in here to see you, Kuro and Esko (unintentionally) bagging on one of the most important people in the hollow empty shell I call a life? Give me a break, man.

If I feel I need to go into more detail, I'll PM you after I wake up... As I said, I don't want to make you feel like I'm publicly humiliating you... But I guess the long and short of it is... Yes, you made a mistake, you once again forgot something I had said about the RP and... Well for as long as you're in that RP, you need to fix your mistakes, as I would if I had made a mistake in an RP of yours. I'm sorry if making mistakes makes you feel bad... But I've compromised the RP enough already, I shan't be changing anymore of it.

Ugh... Maybe I'm a little harsher than I need to be here, I don't know, but... Regardless, I do agree with Thae on one point... It's pointless to go on in the thread like this. It's degrading to us all. You're a very creative person, Thae... But this there are rules here and you, as everyone must, must abide by them. Even if you were the best writer in the world... I would still give you the same limits as everyone else.

I too, sincerely hope this is the end of it. If I need I say anything more, I will PM you. Until then... Goodnight.

Edited by Millennium07

*wakes up* wow what did I miss here?

Not much, really. No need to add extra comments on it, PM's exist for this reason.

That being said, I finally finished up the ton of tasks I got IRL and now have the time to return to all my RP's. Apologies beforehand for holding you up, Thael - I'll have a post by no later than tomorrow.

user posted image

Now that we have that all squared away. :3

I edited my post.

Btw:

Gotta Be Somebody - Nickleback perfect description of a Saint searching for a bond.

Also, this works just as well.

I may find a love song for each kind of Saint.

Edited by Thaelasan

The same goes for Req and I

Also, thank you TUM ^-^

About to wrap up a school project so hopefully, we'll be more active.

Edited by Lilraaos

Also I realized if this was Dark Souls...

user posted image Dark Saints.

user posted image Light Saints.

user posted image Water Saints.

user posted image Fire Saints.

user posted image Earth Saints.

user posted image Wind Saints.

Kudos if you can name all the covenants.

I know this really has nothing to do with this RP specifically but I felt it was pretty funny how it worked out.

Edited by Thaelasan

Dark Souls? Heard the name, no clue what if is xd.png

I used the elements I did because... Well they're the basic ones you get in any JRPG XP

So I'm not surprised there are similarities to other things xd.png They're pretty common elements~

I'm just going to say right away that yes, it was stated in this post that saints currently have access to all their non-elemental powers. I hope that clears some of the dirt piled on me for starting off the posts using energy powers.

(Read all of the OOC.

Somehow missed this.)

This is frustrating.

Apparently half of my brain has decided that if it reads something important it just won't register it anymore in regards to this roleplay. I had read everything concerning the drawings and such and yet I had apparently missed this crucial info - which could have helped my text walls.

Then again, doesn't really make sense for Verick, Rose, or Vanessa to use them yet.

Verick and Rose physically (as a limit due to their strong bond as well) cannot use their powers unless Verick is at an emotional extreme. Rose - due to reasons Chaos knows - cannot really form her own energy well or else she begins to pass out and become vulnerable. As such, she relies on Verick's energy pool, as a fire user, which builds continuously once he learns how to use it.

Fire can be either extremely overpowered or incredibly weak, because it's based on a user's will, imo.

It's based on how much the person truly needs it and wants to bring it out. It's dangerous. Fire can burn or heal. I keep thinking of pyromancy from Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2. It's something that's used based on the wielder.

But Verick's is extremely - currently - based on his own emotional highs. Hence, he can't really use it unless a danger is actually foreseen. And if he's not able to use his, Rose can't use their ring bond to gain any bonus power.

Besides, I fear using my powers until Chaos actually finally says "go crazy" because, like I said before, I don't want to have to edit a whole text wall because I screwed up again.

user posted image

Meh, it's inconsequential as far as I can tell.