_Sin_

ANSWERED:Distributing New Prizes/Special/Limited Dragons

Just to show my age: the original Alchemy had three different levels but each level doubled the score.

Simplifying (or trying): you could still become Grand Alchemical Emperor but you could earn that ranking by playing a lot of times at the Easy level or with 1/4 of the times playing at the Hard level (this should address Pokemanfan's point). At the bottom of this post, I will add (from Wikipedia) how the scores translated to Ranking.

So we could associate the Ranking obtained with one earned dragon. Don't pelt me with cabbage yet: cap would be taken in consideration.

Let's see if I can summarize the posts with improvement suggestions:

- Not just Alchemy, multiple games that require different skill sets.

- Multiple games should still have similar hardness and give out similar amounts of points.

- If you play more than once, only your top scores for the day count as your "one a day play"

OR

- Staggered points: 10 points per game per day - but only if you reach maximal score (if there is a cap). If you don't, you only get 1 point per 10% of the maximum score that you surpassed.

Did I miss something? Help!

Score Ranking

range

0-399 Cursed

400-699 Bungler

700-999 Dabbler

1000-1499 Junior Apprentice

1500-1999 Apprentice

2000-2499 Senior Apprentice

2500-2999 Prestidigitator

3000-3499 Hedge Wizard

3500-4499 Concoctionist

4500-4999 Thaumaturge

5000-5999 Transmuter

6000-6999 Wizard 3rd class

7000-7999 Wizard 2nd class

8000-9999 Wizard 1st class

10000-11999 Grand Wizard

12000-13999 Alchemist 3rd class

14000-15999 Alchemist 2nd class

16000-19999 Alchemist 1st class

20000-24999 Master Alchemist

25000-29999 Grand Alchemist

30000-39999 Supreme Alchemist

40000 and above Grand Alchemical Emperor

(Personally, I found it way too simple to enjoy it much.)

The version we got to play in DC... yes. Play at Hard level and is not smile.gif

Well, where can I find a "hard" version of this game? I'd really like to try.

/sorry for the offtopic, but maybe someone else would like to know as well.

Also, I don't think we need 20+ ranks for our results. Just the result is more than good enough IMHO. (There's nothing wrong with a daily / weekly hall of fame, though.)

Edited by olympe

Well, where can I find a "hard" version of this game? I'd really like to try.

/sorry for the offtopic, but maybe someone else would like to know as well.

Also, I don't think we need 20+ ranks for our results. Just the result is more than good enough IMHO. (There's nothing wrong with a daily / weekly hall of fame, though.)

I'm not sure if is OK to post external links here unsure.gif check your PMs.

That's the only version I found around, I used to play the offline/desktop version but can't find it anywhere now.

Adding...

the easiest solution is, once someone reaches the score needed to have the ranking needed for a dragon, the person chooses the dragon, dragon shows up on the scroll, score gets zeroed.

The person could have chosen a goal (i.e. Bing Rewards) so does not need to choose the dragon at that time. And the score still goes back to zero.

Or?

Wrapping up my thoughts:

- Several games available.

- Each game has its own way to calculate the score (Gold created) but there's an equivalence dictated by time and skills needed.

- Gold created determines Ranking: i.e. Concoctionist, Thaumaturge, Transmuter (is anybody else thinking of WOW?)

- Once reached specific Ranking, the alchemist can use their magic power to Invoke (just an example; there was a full discussion on how to call that) a special egg, chosen at the moment or previously (as a goal) between all the dragons that were once available for the raffle winners

- The effort to Invoke depletes the alchemist's magic power and/or Gold reserves , completely or partially

Edited by _Sin_

- The effort to Invoke depletes the alchemist's magic power and/or Gold reserves , completely or partially

If everybody can get a prize once Transmuter ranking is earned, by creating at least 5000 gold coins, but a player decides to not choose a prize before creating 12000 Gold coins, will the player lose all 12000 Gold coins when getting the prize? Or only 5000?

The effort to Invoke depletes the alchemist's magic power and/or Gold reserves , completely or partially

bold mine.

I'd say it's only the 5000 you actually spend.

bold mine.

I'd say it's only the 5000 you actually spend.

Correct smile.gif

Updated the first post, please let me know if I missed anything.

Will be there any way to stop people from getting the same prize/HM more than once? I'm not saying I would want that, I wouldn't, just wondering.

Will be there any way to stop people from getting the same prize/HM more than once? I'm not saying I would want that, I wouldn't, just wondering.

I do not see the need for that type of restriction.

I'm just going to agree that I see no need to stop any one person from taking the same prize multiple times. If someone needs lots of CBs of something for a lineage project, then that seems fair to me.

I'll advise that all of the games available to play are strategy-based and NOT time-based. Time shouldn't even be a factor, except perhaps on an optionally-selected time-based level ('make as many matches as possible in this time limit', for example), which would NOT award more points than strategy-based levels. That way, players can challenge their speed and reflexes if they want to, but anyone who doesn't want to can still play and fully enjoy the game.

I'd say that you can play up to fifteen (or ten? Twenty? Somewhere around there) levels each day, either in one game or spread across different ones. The highest score achieved goes forward to the total count; perhaps for each % of the total score you achieve, you gain one silver piece, and ten (or a hundred, or fifty) silver pieces make one gold piece. (or perhaps ten silvers to a gold and ten bronzes to a silver, with 1 bronze coin per %...) You use these gold and silver pieces to buy your dragons. I use gold and silver pieces as an example; the name of the 'currency' really doesn't matter. It could be 'points', 'tokens', 'tickets', 'coins', 'pieces'... Sure they'd have different RP reasons for existing, but it is not a big deal.

Well that short post turned longer than I expected. Enjoy my rambling... xd.png

I'm just going to agree that I see no need to stop any one person from taking the same prize multiple times. If someone needs lots of CBs of something for a lineage project, then that seems fair to me.

I'll advise that all of the games available to play are strategy-based and NOT time-based. Time shouldn't even be a factor, except perhaps on an optionally-selected time-based level ('make as many matches as possible in this time limit', for example), which would NOT award more points than strategy-based levels.

This. Time based disadvantages anyone with a rubbish connection.

And why should people not get the same egg more than once, if they work for it ?

I'll advise that all of the games available to play are strategy-based and NOT time-based. Time shouldn't even be a factor, except perhaps on an optionally-selected time-based level ('make as many matches as possible in this time limit', for example), which would NOT award more points than strategy-based levels. That way, players can challenge their speed and reflexes if they want to, but anyone who doesn't want to can still play and fully enjoy the game.

I'd say that you can play up to fifteen (or ten? Twenty? Somewhere around there) levels each day, either in one game or spread across different ones. The highest score achieved goes forward to the total count; perhaps for each % of the total score you achieve, you gain one silver piece, and ten (or a hundred, or fifty) silver pieces make one gold piece. (or perhaps ten silvers to a gold and ten bronzes to a silver, with 1 bronze coin per %...) You use these gold and silver pieces to buy your dragons. I use gold and silver pieces as an example; the name of the 'currency' really doesn't matter. It could be 'points', 'tokens', 'tickets', 'coins', 'pieces'... Sure they'd have different RP reasons for existing, but it is not a big deal.

Well that short post turned longer than I expected. Enjoy my rambling... xd.png

Thank you for your suggestions. Take in consideration that to have more games available than just Mana Alchemy would allow players with different skills to choose different games. If an user wants to play something that is time-based, should be allowed to. Even within the same game...

Actually I would be extremely grateful if people would suggest different games, strategy-based or time-based. If we had a list of potential games, next step would be to discuss equivalences and how to ensure fairness.

I'm updating the OP with your suggestion about the highest score.

You might get some suggestions from Flight Rising people. I have to admit, the requirement to play games to earn things is one reason I stopped going to the site. It became too time consuming to keep up with everything.

You might get some suggestions from Flight Rising people. I have to admit, the requirement to play games to earn things is one reason I stopped going to the site. It became too time consuming to keep up with everything.

Keyword: requirement. There's no requirement here, just a choice. There is nothing asking people to play games, they can just keep doing whatever they were previously doing and the outcome will be exactly the same. This suggestion is about adding, not subtracting.

Keyword: requirement. There's no requirement here, just a choice. There is nothing asking people to play games, they can just keep doing whatever they were previously doing and the outcome will be exactly the same. This suggestion is about adding, not subtracting.

Well, unfortunately if the games are linked to collecting prizes or other limited dragons some people would feel compelled to play the games, and I think that's what Vhale is saying.

If this was attached with the activity idea or even the store then that helps and won't make it feel as required, but depending on how it is all implemented some people may still feel compelled if playing the games gives even a slight advantage. Just pointing that out ^^

Well, unfortunately if the games are linked to collecting prizes or other limited dragons some people would feel compelled to play the games, and I think that's what Vhale is saying.

If this was attached with the activity idea or even the store then that helps and won't make it feel as required, but depending on how it is all implemented some people may still feel compelled if playing the games gives even a slight advantage. Just pointing that out ^^

Pretty much. If there is no other option for collecting something, then yes it is a requirement for that collection. And since this is a game for collecting...

The store is pretty simple as it suggests points for things we already do. This idea would be for people who don't want to breed, raise dragons or hatch eggs. That would be fine for people who only collect two of each sprite (though usually have 2+ of rares). But if it's outside the store it amounts to Daily Quests for dragons. And if the games are skill based, which all games are as they wouldn't be games if no challenge, then some people will be required to spend hours on them to get the final result.

And we've all done it as we all did the little games for raffle tickets. Though, those were really participating in events, not working on games.

So, I'd prefer this idea in addition to the store, but not by itself.

I saw generic references to mini-games other than mana. Like what? Puzzles, even things like Sudoku? Or?

Bumping this up. More time I spend reading other suggestions , the better I like this one.

If I understand correctly, this thread is only about earning dragons that we wouldn't be able to get in the biomes, dragons that were previously available with the raffles. That's what I need.

Edited by NotBambi

Mini games are things that are intended to be fleshed out later. (edit: I honestly feel they should be there as a just for fun thing, rather than as a "earn shards" thing)

I understand from Thuban's post that minigames would not be used in the store as an earning mechanism. Instead, that is the topic here and I'm bumping it up.

I understand from Thuban's post that minigames would not be used in the store as an earning mechanism. Instead, that is the topic here and I'm bumping it up.

You quoted me without facts.

Games are not the current topic. They have not been fleshed out for how they would earn points, or discounts. I dont believe the games are needed for the store to work. I dont believe games are needed to earn points, and should be a just for fun thing, as they were just for fun for events. Using mini games to earn points got a lot of hate, because it takes away from the main game itself (you raise, and breed dragons to play this game... the mini games have nothing to do with that). When the mini games become the topic, then it will be worked out how they earn points, if they do... or if they earn discounts.. or just tickets into raffles if those continue to stick around.

I do not appreciate being quoted under misunderstandings to push the agenda of a different thread.

You quoted me without facts.

Games are not the current topic. They have not been fleshed out for how they would earn points, or discounts. I dont believe the games are needed for the store to work. I dont believe games are needed to earn points, and should be a just for fun thing, as they were just for fun for events. Using mini games to earn points got a lot of hate, because it takes away from the main game itself (you raise, and breed dragons to play this game... the mini games have nothing to do with that). When the mini games become the topic, then it will be worked out how they earn points, if they do... or if they earn discounts.. or just tickets into raffles if those continue to stick around.

I do not appreciate being quoted under misunderstandings to push the agenda of a different thread.

Bold mine.

Uhm that was not the intention. Fact is, this topic was created (before the store-related one) to discuss earning Prizes/Special/Limited dragons via games. The store topic did not address that at all. I could think that was intentional. I do not want to wait until someone decides to flesh out, if that ever happens, I want to discuss the subject now.

ETA:

As you pointed out, the mini games are not the topic in the store. They are the topic here.

Edited by SullenCat

Mini games aren't currently the topic in the store thread. However, they might (eventually) become linked to the store by adding another way to earn in-game currency. Whether games do develop that way or not, however, is of no consequence whatsoever for the store idea in general.

I saw generic references to mini-games other than mana. Like what? Puzzles, even things like Sudoku? Or?

Quoting myself because I didn't get an answer.

Mini games aren't currently the topic in the store thread. However, they might (eventually) become linked to the store by adding another way to earn in-game currency. Whether games do develop that way or not, however, is of no consequence whatsoever for the store idea in general.

Agreed. In fact they are the topic HERE. And have been, even before the store suggestion idea existed. So I want to discuss them HERE where they belong.

Edited to add:

Quoting myself because I didn't get an answer.

Maybe you could list games that you would like to have available?

Edited by SullenCat

Agreed. In fact they are the topic HERE. And have been, even before the store suggestion idea existed. So I want to discuss them HERE where they belong.

Fair enough. My complaint was because I was quoted in here, and I didnt feel it was necessary. You could have bumped it without quoting me just fine smile.gif

I want to see Set come back, more fleshed out than it was for the halloween event. Its one of my all time favorite games. Games similar to that (memory, Simon (the game with the 4 colored lights that would flash?) and pretty much any pattern recognition game) make me happy.