M_Padfoot

Favorite Television Shows and Movies?

Ugh so many favorites... couldn't possibly list them all (will probably have to edit in more later as I think of them lol).

Movies:

anything Disney, lol

LOTR

Harry Potter

Breakfast Club

My Life in Ruins

tv shows:

Charmed

Ghost Whisperer

To add to my list of favorite movies: Gone Girl. I've watched it several, several times over the past few days.

Also watched The Gift recently and thought it was surprisingly good. Nightcrawler was also excellent. Jake Gyllenhaal is adorable.

As for TV shows I've recently become very obsessed with HIMYM, idk why I resisted watching it for so long!

I'm actually quite good at short(ish) lists for TV and movies, but don't get me started on my favourite books tongue.gif

Movies

The Lost Boys

Skyfall - not sure people will be that suprised by this really given my Prize's name! That said my favourite Bond is Timothy Dalton not Daniel Craig. I'd like to rave about spectre as that is also a gorgeous movie, but I'll refrain tongue.gif

Ummmm....yeah, there are a lot of other movies I really like but none come even close to my devotion to these two ^^

TV Shows

Doctor Who

Merlin

Stargate (SG1 more than Atlantis; Universe not at all)

Red Dwarf

Vicar of Dibley

Whole list of other British Comedies I won't bother listing

Scrubs

Star Trek (original series)

My Little Pony (not sure I should admit this but w/e )

Supernatural

The original uk version of Master Chef, before it became a more serious structured competition

Pride and Prejudice (not sure this counts but it's not a movie. 1996 Colin Firth is wub.gif

Finished watching Jessica Jones yesterday and wow, what a ride - I had no idea Marvel Netflix shows are so good, now I definitely need to check out Daredevil too. <3

Otherwise, here's some TV shows I really liked:

Fantasy: Game of Thrones (duh), Gormenghast

Sci-Fi: Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, any Star Trek (especially DS9), Firefly, Doctor Who, Stargate SG1 & Atlantis, Odyssey 5, Babylon 5, Threshold

Comedy: Allo Allo, Black Adder

Historical: The Borgias, Rome

Chriminal: Sherlock, Law and Order

Romance: North and South, Pride and Predjudice

Drama/Medical: House MD, ER

I have no idea where to place Life on Mars - sci-fi probably :3

And movies:

Sci-fi: District 9, Star Trek movies, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Gattaca, Edge of Tomorrow, Real Steel, Attack the Block , Planet of the Apes, Starship Troopers (but not the awful sequels), Event Horizon, Alien/Aliens, Star Wars 4-6, Twelve Monkeys, Dark City, The Matrix, Terminator 1 & 2, Blade Runner

Comedy: Monty Python and the Holy Grail (everyone should see this, you'll have enough epic references to last a lifetime wink.gif), Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Galaxy Quest, Hot Fuzz

Comicbook movies: X-men, X2, Days of Future past, Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Dark Knight, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Iron Man, Dredd

Fantasy: Pan's Labyrinth, The Devil's Backbone, The 13th Warrior, LOTR trilogy (double duh), Harry Potter moviesDragonHeart, Brotherhood of the Wolf

Historical setting: King Arthur (yeah, yeah, more fantasy then history - loved it anyway ^^), Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, Gladiator, Les Misérables, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Drama: Schindler's List, Second Sight, Blindness, Fluke, I am Sam

Action: Die Hard

Mystery: The Prestige, The Ninth Gate, Sixth Sense, The Birds

Not going into animated stuff or I'll be here all day. Also, can you tell I reeeealy like Sci-fi? tongue.gif

I've been a huge fan of Steven Universe recently. Seriously, it's a great show, 11/10, do recommend, would watch again. Have watched again. Several times.

... enough times that I can quote certain scenes from memory.

It's a really good show.

//looks down at Garnet t-shirt

same tbh

Series:

Frasier

Looney Tunes

Futurama (before the movies)

Spongebob (first three seasons only)

Poirot (a series of movies, practically...)

Wander Over Yonder (until the Hater/Dominator thing started)

All Creatures Great and Small

Smeshariki

Cold Case (horribly historically inaccurate, terribly written characters, plot holes the size of a meteor crater, but always fun)

Supernatural

Movies:

Throw Momma From the Train

Thin Ice

Million Dollar Baby

Selma

Not too big on watching movies, and I don't have very many favourite shows... I barely watch TV, honestly, in spite of what impression my user title might give off. ;p

Geek that I am, when it comes to TV shows, I really love Star Trek - especially Deep Space Nine and Voyager.

Edited by m_overdone

I don't usually watch series and movies. I lost interest in the activity over a decade ago. But below are the ones I liked when I did watch series and movies during very rare moments.

My favorite movies are:

The Hobbit Trilogy

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

V for Vendetta

Watchmen

Big Fish

My favorite series are:

CSI

CSI: New York

CSI: Miami

Star Trek: Voyager

Gossip Girl

-slams hands down on table- I FINALLY JUMPED ON THE HANNIBAL BANDWAGON AND IT IS SO. GOOD. (yes I know I'm a year or two late. But I don't even care. It's so good. It is also making me feel very nostalgic for Dexter, as that was my TV obsession last summer and one of my all time faves). This show, as long as it stays as good as it is currently, is definitely gonna be in my list of favorites..

I also started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia just a few days ago and I'm already on season 6. It's honestly the funniest show I've ever seen, though The Office is in a close second place. It makes me actually laugh out loud with pretty much every episode, which I never do.

Well now i've never been the biggest film/show fanatic but that's been changing a bit lately.

I tend to like a lot of the things I choose to watch.

Almost every MCU movie

How To Train Your Dragon 1 and 2

Pacific Rim (giant monsters!!!)

Mission Impossible series sans the second, Rogue Nation's probably my top fave

The Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy, especially Hot Fuzz

The Bourne series (yes that includes the spinoff)

The Hurt Locker

The J. J. Abrams Star Trek series, and subsequently Galaxy Quest

and there are a bunch of others I really like such as Blade Runner, Terminator, Ice Age (and the third one's a guilty pleasure :'3), Godzilla 2014, Jurassic Park 1/World...

I watch less in the way of TV shows so I have a bigger list of to-sees than have-seens but...

Teen Titans

I like Steven Universe quite a lot

I'd list Danganronpa 3 but that's an anime so

My problem with TV shows is that I have to remember to keep up with them. I'm dying to see Game of Thrones, Orange Is The New Black and Jessica Jones, to name a few.

Oh, can't believe I forgot Mad Max: Fury Road!

Edited by rampaging wyvern

I don't really watch a lot of TV, I usually watch stuff online (netflix ftw)

Obviously, being the huge gay lesbian I am I freaking love Orange Is The New Black (and am still crying over season 4's ending ;-wink.gif

I also love American Horror Story (seriously, I have the Name Game song as my ringtone xd.png) even though there has been some scenes that have triggered me, I've always managed to just convince myself "it's not real. it's ok" ect. Because for the most part, it's a great show.

I've recently started watching Once Upon A Time, too, and I'm slowly getting addicted.

And how could I possibly forget Doctor Who? I've loved that for a very long time, and alongside the also fantastic Sherlock, it's pretty much the only thing I watch regularly on actual TV. xd.png

But for the most part, my TV is used for my playstation, and occasionally for watching DVD's. :3

More update to versions in what TV programs I watch:

Heartland-Sunday nights, Impractical Jokers on OLN, Ghost Hunters on OLN, Lucifer,  The Curse of Oak Island-History, The Good Doctor- Monday nights, Mayday on Discovery. Mostly into sports.

Movies
Independence Day, 2012, The Day after Tomorrow, Frozen, Ice Age, Ghostbusters, Men In Black, Twister, A Dog called Christmas, Ghost, Dirty Dancing, Grease, Footloose, The Karate Kid, San Andreas, Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, Star Wars, Indiana Jones all the movies, Lara croft-both of them and Star Wars. Oh yes and of course Titanic and Avatar.

My favourite series are Black Sails, Poirot, Vikings, Legends, Sharpe and Game of Thrones (even if I didn't enjoy its last two seasons...)

While my favourite movie is Master and Commander.

Edited by rubina96

TV Shows

Blackadder

Twin Peaks

Mystery Science Theater 3000

Band of Brothers

Mr. Bean

Movies

Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi

Jurassic Park

All three Back to the Future movies

Saving Private Ryan

Dumb & Dumber

The Great Muppet Caper

Unfortunately, a lot of what I've watched over the years is animation and I have been wanting to expand my horizon with more live-action stuff.

Edited by Bellumsaur13

Movies

HTTYD 1 & 2

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete

Disney's 1991 animated classic Beauty and the Beast

Treasure Planet

The Iron Giant

Howl's Moving Castle

Ratatouille

The Boy and the Beast

Wall-E

Rise.of the Guardians

The Lion King

The Lord.of the Rings - all three

Dragonheart

The Secret of NIMH

The Fast and the Furious - the whole thing

Harry Potter - you get the idea

TV

Lucifer

Yu Yu Hakusho

Inuyasha

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Code Geass

Batman the animated series

Batman Beyond

Darkwing Duck

Ducktales

Gargoyles

Hell's Kitchen

Kitchen Nightmares

Deadliest Catch

Stargate SG-1 (seasons 1-8)

Static Shock

The Big Bang Theory

And many others that I cant think of for both atm...

Oh! And Back to the Future movie trilogy. I can't Not mention that amazing movie saga!

Edited by Syiren

TV Shows
-Daredevil (Netflix)
-Jessica Jones (Netflix)
-Stranger Things (Netflix)
-Vikings
-Doctor Who
-The Originals

-30 Rock

-Parks and Rec
-Constantine (I know it was cancelled, but I refuse to let go!)
-Psych (Series ended, was so good!)
-
Justified (Series ended, but still one of the best shows I've seen)
-Burn Notice (sigh. Throw it on the Series Ended pile)
-The Santa Clarita Diet

-Haven (also ended, still rewatch when I'm in the mood)

-Buffy

-Gotham

Movies

-Princess Bride

-The Avengers
-Captain America: Winter Soldier

-Thor: Ragnarok

-Airplane!

-Blazing Saddles

-Aliens

-Star Wars (Original Trilogy to New Trilogy. NO PREQUELS!)

-TMNT (1990)
-Deadpool

-Tucker and Dale Versus Evil

-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

-Lion King

-LOTR trilogy

-Just about any MCU movie except for the Hulk movies

Edited by Foxpaw

My favorite TV shows include:

-Stranger Things

-Izombie

-Brooklyn 99

-Modern Family

-The Goldburgs

-South Park

-Steven Universe

I love most movies, I just think they're really fun to watch, especially with friends or family, but my favorite is probably Deadpool. :) I also love Disney and Disney/Pixar movies- my favorite is Up.

Edited by aqub

I have way too many to list, so I'm going to cheat by listing stuff that is connected together 😜, what is in that top 10 can change with my mood. 🙄

Okay I'm going to split TV into categories...

In no particular order....

TV shows / Films -- that go together

Star Wars (original Trilogy top my list, then Rogue one, the others including the old spin off films, depends on my mood. + Ewoks; Droids and the other toons)

Indiana Jones (Not keen on the 4th, but enjoy the 1st three immensely also the Young Indiana Jones chronicles)

Star Trek DS9 (+ all other versions & the reboot movies)
Stargate SG1 (+ Atlantis & original movie -- I'm still not sure about Universe to be honest. ditto the new show)

The Mummy (Brendan Fraser series, + the spin off cartoon)
Highlander (All films; The Series; The Raven & the animated show)

Robocop (original films; not sure on reboot; series & toons)

James Bond (All + Never say never again + James Bond Jr. -- Top 2 being: Living Daylights License to kill - Timothy Dalton is my favourite Bond)

Neverending story (All + TV + Toon)

Terminator (all + TV + Toon)

Police academy (all + TV + Toon)

Men in Black (especially the first 2 + Toon)

TV shows - Fantasy / Horror

Poltergeist the legacy
Buffy (+ Angel)
Blood ties (another cancelled after only one season)

Ultraviolet
Hercules (+ Xena & Young Hercules)

American Gothic

Shanara Chonicles

Charmed

Dresdan files

TV shows - Sci-fi
Dark Angel

Roswell

Babylon 5 (Also Crusade and Legend of the rangers)

Codename Eternity (1 and done and it should have got more.)
Prey (another cancelled after 1 short season, on an evil cliffhanger)

Farscape

Knight rider (+ films; Team knight rider & sequel / reboot)

Airwolf

Seaquest DSV

90s Outer limits 

TV shows - Comic book based -- live action / animation

Constantine (so happy he's going to be on Season 4 of legends as a regular)
Legends of Tomorrow (+ Arrow; Flash; Supergirl.)

Dark Matter (cancelled too soon, on a cliffhanger.)

Wynona Earp

Lucifer

Daredevil (Defenders; Luke Cage; Jessica Jones & Iron Fist)

Marvel toons (especially 90s X-men & Spider-man & current Guardians of the Galaxy & Avengers)
DC toons (especially Batman: the animated series; Batman beyond & Justice league)

Phantom 2040

WildCATS

Witchblade

TV shows - animated

Exo-squad

Pirates of Darkwater

Bravestarr

Roswell conspiracies

Skeleton warriors

Conan the adventurer (+ Young warriors)

Galaxy rangers

Centurions

Jayce and the wheeled warriors

Zorro (various)

Real adventures of Johnny Quest

TV shows - everything else

The A-team

Riptide

Wiseguy (I should just say that I enjoy anything by Stephen J. Cannell and try to own all works.)

Maverick (+ Bret & Young)

Alias Smith and Jones

NCIS (+ JAG; NCIS: LA & NCIS New Orleans)
Crossing Jordon
Harrow

Blackadder

Leverage

Equalizer

Allo allo

Films
Blood ties (Not related to the tv show listed above, though both about vampires)

Zorro (Films / TV / Serials -- I tend to like all versions -- Top 2 being the ones starring Alain Delon and Tyrone Power )
Three musketeers (as above -- Top 2 would be Gene Kelly's and Chris O'Donnell's)

Aliens / Predator films & crossovers
Support your local sheriff / gunfighter

Dune
Carry on films (Especially the costumes ones and those filmed in the 60s)
Expendables

MCU (Top 5 being Thor Ragnarak; Avengers: Infinity war; Black Panther; Winter Soldier and Civil War.) 

Batman films

LOTR / Hobbit

I watch a lot of documentaries, so when I chose shows or film, I tend to go for light entertainment.

Edited by Blake_Wolfe
I'm in a list making mood, so I added more categories.

TV Shows & Anime

Stranger Things

Bojack Horseman

Aggretsuko

Futurama

Mononoke (not the Studio Ghibli movie)

Saint Young Men

Natsume's Book of Friends

Mushishi

Samurai Champloo

Films

Hot Fuzz

Forrest Gump

How to Train Your Dragon

Many of the classic Disney movies

.. there must be some others that I just cannot seem to remember right now. Perhaps I'll return to edit this if I recall something else.

Edited by Nagapie

Too many to list, so just my top 5 of each.

TV:

Supernatural (#1)

Charmed

Heroes

Game of Thrones

Outlander

Anime/Cartoons:

Death Note

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (yes, I have also read the light novels)

Sailor Moon

My Little Pony (duh)

The Loud House

Movies:

Forrest Gump (#1 hands down)

Armageddon (I can like this! Shut up!)

Death Note live-action (Japanese version)

Lord of the Rings (the entire series, because it's all supposed to be one anyway)

Harry Potter (full series, of course)

I don't watch too many TV shows except for cartoons, but I do have a couple favorite films! I've enjoyed all kinds of films related to aliens so the favorites are Pacific Rim and Arrival. It's kind of funny how completely different the two are but I like them both a lot.

I just needed to put this down somewhere.

My ultimate favorite movie is How To Train Your Dragon. I can quote the whole script from heart; there are dragons; the soundtrack is brilliant and John Powell is a freakin genius; the Forbidden Friendship scene makes me unbelievably happy; there are dragons; the plot a and plot b structures are perfectly paced; the antagonist is not a cookie-cutter villain (or the red/green death) but the village's historical prejudices against dragons; Hiccup's voice actor is noticeably Canadian; there are dragons! I could go on!