RavenWolf1010

The Light and the Dark

Sarah turned sideways in her chair, placing the heel of her right foot on the chair arm, her other leg draped over the arm. Stretching out, leaning back on the other arm using one hand to cut a piece of her omelette and eat it. She was teasing him, although she did it with a perfect poker face. "Really? I want to keep it then... I might take a bath once in awhile to get that zoo smell off of me...." she continued to eat.

Vorgin sat back and smirked at her, "Your having too much fun with that. Though I wouldnt wear that to work anytime soon. Might attract the wrong animals... Mostly pigs... Human pigs."

"I wouldn't wear this dress to work! More like to the club or fancy restaurant.... yah.. you're right. It would attract human pigs, but.... I got my dark knight to protect me, plus if I'm not drunk or drugged, I can handle myself." She winked at him and finished eating and cleaned up. Then she heads to her office and sat on her desk glaring at the web, every so often she would pick up a clipping and read it, throwing it away or pinning it on to the board adding string to it. She bit her thumbnail in concentration.

"She is..." Rain said quietly.

It took a while longer for her to calm, and even after the shadows had slipped back, the air still hung heavy around them. "Yeah... Right."

Madigan glared at the demon woman and then bent down pulling out a burn salve and bandages taking Rain's hand and applying the cool jell to her hand and wrapped a Ace bandage around it. "I'm really sorry... sometimes I don't have control over the fire....."

Dotzrus shrugged, "Now... Can we all calm down and take off her shackles." He tapped his foot wanted to be somewhere else at this time.

Vorgin walked into there and put his hands on her shoulders, "We'll get him. And since we already kissed, I just need to let you get the final hit."

Sarah nodded pointing to a old switch blade with the initials SJ in silver on the handle. "My dad gave me that on my ninth birthday. The only blood that will taint the blade is this man's.... "She saw a pattern and pointed to a town in the middle of the web, the one spot there was no pins or string. "Here!! He lives here! A killer would keep his victims away from him, and bodies from this town was moved away by a hundred miles... he is here... I know he is...."

"That's to be decided. I need your help first." She inhaled lightly as he applied the bandages, her skin feeling as though it was being roasted a second time. But the gel he had applied eased the pain, and now it throbbed only dully. "It's alright," she said softly, slipping her hand in his.

"What is it?" It seemed that she'd either have to carry out the task, or be stuck until another opportunity came along. "A fellow... friend of mine was taken by the archangels. I need your help to get her back." Mackenzie mulled this over, and nodded. "Very well." Rain drew a small symbol in the dirt, and then took out a small dagger, and slit her hand. She let a few drops of blood fall into the center of the symbol, and then passed the dagger to Mackenzie, who did the same. "Should you go back on your word, the penalty will be instant death." The symbol shimmered and then dispersed. Rain stepped up the the demon, and began to speak in low, gruff language, almost as ancient as time itself. The cuffs shimmered, a deep golden light beginning to vein throughout the cuff. And then, they dropped off, hissing and steaming in the cool, damp air. Flexing her wrists, Mackenzie suddenly shuddered, her powers returning to her in full force. Her aura changed becoming dark and powerful. "Much better..."

Madigan took her hand, rubbing a rough thumb over her wrist in comfort, watching with mild interest. Interesting..... so this woman demon is strong.. all the better to keep her away from his new home but he knew better than to antagonize her again.

Dotzrus just waited, not noticing Machenzie's aura, "Something you want to share... or thank me for this meeting... or do you guys want me to leave?" He pulled out a cigar and lit it with a flame from his thumb.

Vorgin nodded, "Then we go when you get off from work next... I'll cover you from the shadows, they will think it's just you, but in reality it's two."

"I want you to leave.. both of you. It's up to her though..." Madigan waved to Rain.

____

Sarah nodded. "Sounds like a plan, I'll bring a change of clothes with me tomorrow." She wrapped her arms around him. "I would need your keen eyes to pinpoint his house... and I'll let you deal with him, I'll just watch, until I get to kill him"

Vorgin smile and held her close, "Your so hot when your deadly... direct my blade Sarah..."

Sarah looked up at him smiling. "You think so?... and what was that last bit supposed to mean.. is that a innuendo.... ?" Her eyes narrowed at him suspiciously, a smirk on her lips.

Vorgin looked at her with confusion, "No... I'm still under your direction for the most part... So direct me in where I strike..." He gave her a menacing smile.

((EDIT: Let me just put these sheets down so that no one gets too confused.))

Username: BabyRodent

Name: Cecelia Paul

Species: Human

Personality: Shy, reserved, yet book-smart and calm. Often a problem solver, but doesn’t always succeed.

Appearance: Light red hair in low pigtails with central heterochromia (of brown-blue color) eyes behind a pair of glasses and a strawberry "birthmark" on her right arm.

Weapons/ Powers: N/A

History: Cecelia was too young at the time to understand what war and destruction was like during the war, but over time, she became cautious as to avoid make history repeat itself. Now she’s helping her older brother, Justin, to make ends meet for their parents so that they wouldn’t be left out onto the streets.

Other: She works at the local restaurant as a waitress with Justin as a busboy.

Username: BabyRodent

Name: Justin Paul

Species: Human

Personality: Hardworking and hardheaded, as he keeps a watchful eye on his little sister, making sure that she isn't treated like dirt. He also holds a minor grudge against angels and demons.

Appearance: Light red hair with a side cut on the left side of his head, revealing fire-shaped tattoos on it, mismatched blue-brown eyes, and a lightning shaped tattoo that he has over his heart.

Weapons/ Powers: N/A

History: Unlike Cecelia, Justin is aware of angels and demons, though an unknown incident led him to be distrustful of them. He's working to make ends meet for their parents for them to have food on the table.

Other: He works at the local restaurant as a busboy with Cecelia as a waitress.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a local restaurant, Cecelia Paul was bringing two trays of lunches over for three tables with both hands, carefully setting them on a free table to give the guests their food. Wearing a short sleeved mint green dress with a white collar, a white server apron and a pair of Mary-Jane shoes, she was doing her best with her job as a waitress. She quietly gave the patrons their lunches before taking the trays back to the kitchen and putting the trays away. Then she returned out into the dining room with the bill for another table so that she would receive a tip.

Cecelia was noted by the patrons, experienced and newcomers, to be calm yet mousy despite having light red hair in low messy pigtails and outer blue-and-inner brown eyes behind her glasses. It was jarring to them especially when they see her older brother sporting a side cut on the left side of his head with fire shaped tattoos and mismatched eyes of blue and brown. Then there was a mark on her right arm, which looked like a strawberry birthmark—it didn’t bother her too much at all.

Anyway, she received a 5 dollar tip and placed it into her apron, quietly thanking the guests before moving to a different table for her to get the patrons' orders there.

Justin Paul, who was wiping down tables and brushing trash into the canister, heard one of the patrons speak of his “unprofessional” appearance. He shot one glare at them before resuming his job as busboy, then overhearing one couple talk about his little sister. He was tempted to go over to them and tell them otherwise, but resisted as he knew that the siblings would be fired. Especially when their and their parents’ lives were at risk of being out onto the streets.

Edited by BabyRodent

Not seeing any point in staying, Dotzrus made his way back to the city. Sunrise was beginning and the storm seemed to pass away as light came over the area. He sat outside the zoo waiting for it to open.

Vorgin smiled and kissed her. Heading to his bed, he fell asleep until morning. Once it came, he got up and made them breakfast. "Ready to go to work Sarah?"

((I'll send Zeke your way, BR.))

Mackenzie extended her hands. "Sorry man. You're stuck with me until the deals up. Not like I'm all that excited to be stuck with you two either." Rain turned to Madigan. "Tomorrow, we leave. We all should get some rest."

"I'm finding a tree. You two lovebirds can have the cave." With that, she walked out.

(uh... timeskip to morning)

Rain was the first to rise, as she hadn't slept at all that night. Mackenzie melted out from the shadows a bit after the sun came up, scaring the bejesus out of the angel.

Zeke strolled leisurely on the empty sidewalk. It being so late in the morning, either people were at work, school, or still sleeping. The gentle, cool gusts of wind would make the tail of his trench coat flair up every so often, reveling the glint of metal beneath it. He paused on a street corner, surveying choices of where to eat brunch. Deciding, he crossed the street, narrowly avoiding a crazy Taxi driver, and entered .

By the time Cecelia gave one table their order for breakfast, she briefly noticed a man enter into the restaurant before averting her eyes from him bringing one tray back to the kitchen. One of the servers greeted to Ezekiel with a smile before politely asking him to take a seat so that he would be taken to his table. That's when Cecelia made her exit from the kitchen and was stopped by her coworker. She took one menu so that she would lead the way to an empty table by the window.

"Excuse me, sir," she meekly spoke to Ezekiel, "Come right this way."

As Justin took dirty dishes and remains of patrons' foods back to the kitchen, he noticed Ezekiel as well, narrowing his eyes suspiciously before resuming his duties. From the corner of his left brown-colored eye, he noticed that Cecelia was going to bring the man to his table, his heart starting to race. Before he could drop the dishes and race over to his little sister, however, he had to head to the kitchen with the dishes in hand.