RavenWolf1010

The Light and the Dark

Cecelia was rather surprised by the offer to try a bite, especially during the growing argument between the archangel and the nelphilim, looking up at them. Then the nelphilim's eyes glowed a serious green and she took a couple of steps back with caution. And then one of the patrons at one of the tables called for a waitress for them to be served, causing her to turn her head to that table in sight. She bit her lower lip before responding meekly, "M-m-maybe later. I need to do my job, but I will be b-back in case you need to pay..." Then she took her tray and quickly walked away from Ezekiel and Malak, her heart racing fast.

(( *starts swearing* I thought that's where she couldn't go. xd.png

Okay, change that to secret underground facility.))

He shrugged and nodded. "Raven wasn't a Fallen," Zeke continued, not skipping a beat as he ate. "And that was me, for the record. Darker times that was..." Musing over it, he chuckled lightly. "My you're an angry one though. Have I not been trying to help you this whole time?"

Vorgin looked closely at the man, and one word came to mind... Pathetic. Looking away he looked around his house. To a demon, the room was full of secret words hidden around the room.

(((* big buzzer sound.* wrong)! Malak will join you.))

Malak took zeke's plate and tea, moving it to his old booth, then moved zeke to the same booth before sitting down and eating. When he was finished and got his check, he paid with cash and left a note with a tip. The note read: Sorry for frightening you, from the way you looked at us, you knew about angels. If your brother wishes to work on cars, my shop is across the street. Need one fixed,I'd do it for free. You guys look like you need the help. I help people, it's what I do. -Malak under that was thirty dollars in a 'tip'. Malak opened his shop, changed and flew off needing something to do. Something helpful. He nearly ran into Rain. "I will go with you..." He didn't realize he spoke in the powerful language of the angels. It wasn't a request, he would follow her even if she doesn't want him to.

_____

Sarah was looking at large paintings of demons and Hell. Until a samurai sword caught her eye. "Cherry wood sheath, and hilt.... " She pulled it out and it was wicked sharp with a Chinese Dragon etched down the blade from hilt to tip. "My my... what a beautiful sword......" the guy started to wake up.

When Cecelia returned to the table, she found a note and a 30 dollar tip that caused her eyes to widen with surprise. Then she read of Malak's offer for Justin to help him out on cars and placed the tip and the note into her apron before resuming her job.

Rain looked over Malak and shook her head. "Go home, kid. Don't make me have to hurt you." Mackenzie merely hissed, and slunk off, waiting for Rain. Turning away, she continued forward. "Where the hell could she be?" Mackenzie rolled her eyes, gesturing to the ground. "Please tell me you can't sense the underground network of tunnels below us." The angel turned to look at her, her brow knitting together in confusion. "Come on." She led Rain to one of the 'Staff Only' doors, broke off the handle, and entered. It opened up to a behind the scenes of the exhibits. "We need to find a way downstairs. Keep the mutt close." The demon said in reference to Anubis.

Malak bristled. "I can help.... I have her feather, maybe that will help find her. I won't leave.." He called his sword and held it close, holy fire dancing down the blade.

Anubis snarled at her, then looked at Malak huffing. "You think you can smell her out?" He let the dog sniff the feather and he bounded off past the exhibits to a small door in a concrete wall. "The catacombs! There are charms on the bones to ward off evil and grave robbers. They run all over under the city. I know every turn by heart, I explored them when I was younger...."

After a while, Cecelia got off her shift as her brother did, to which she read the note over again with what she got in her apron. A total of 105 dollars from working the brunch shift for others. Now to show Justin the note. She showed him the note as they headed out of the restaurant and they looked over to the shop. She could tell that Justin was displeased with the idea of working with a nelphilim, but he needed the extra money for their parents' sake.

Justin prepared to go on break until dinner service, but when Cecelia showed him a note from the nelphilim that spoke to him, his expression turned sour. On the other hand... he knew that their parents, unable to leave home due to health problems, and their home were at steak. That, and he needed an extra job, one that actually pays him. So both brother and sister headed to the shop across the way for Justin to get started.

Malak wasn't there, but a guy named Joe, he was big and built like an ox, with tattoos on his arms and a shaved head, was at the front desk. "Morning you two. Boss told me about you. Looking for a job? Malak may be cranky and moody, but he pays better then the other shops, and he helps others too. I'm Joe, assistant manager and head mechanic when Malak isn't here. Pleased to meet ya." His deep rumbling voice a kind tone, and he flashed them a big grin. He held out a huge bear paw of a hand, limping around the desk. He had on shorts, and had a prosthetic leg.

When they were greeted by Joe, both siblings approached him, but Justin was the first to speak to the big guy. Unlike Malak, Justin didn't seemed suspicious to him, so he was more comfortable speaking to him.

"Name's Justin, Justin Paul," he introduced himself, accepting Joe's hand and shaking it with his own, "This is my sister, Cecelia. The job I have isn't paying well, so I would rely on my kid sister for bringing food on the table and keeping our home. I can definitely help out in cars, engines, radios, you name it."

As Justin explained to Joe about what was going on, Cecelia's blue-brown layered eyes wandered around the shop's interior with her hands clenching her bag. She was rather curious, though she could still remember Ezekiel's face and not his name back at the restaurant.

Joe smiled and lead him into the garage. The office had a silver crucifix behind the desk. Everything was neat and tidy, and had it's place. The tools in the garage had their place too. "Malak is a neat boy, he has to have order around him, he says it helps him calm down. You will work on cars mostly. I'll get you a uniform."

((Could I possibly make a fourth? Another human for Justin?)

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Justin nodded as he followed Joe into the garage, not exactly surprised that someone that looks young would be this man's boss. But he didn't know a lot about his new boss other than what he was and his name. "What time should I come in for work? I'm open during times that are not too hectic at the restaurant, primarily slow days," Justin spoke to Joe as he waited for a uniform.

As Justin left with Joe, Cecelia remained by the front desk before moving to sit down and put her bag next on her lap. From there, she began to read the note in her hands over and over. How did the nephilim, Malak, know that they needed help? That's what she could not figure out.

((Yeah, go for it!))

Edited by BabyRodent

Joe handed him the uniform. "What days are slow days? Sunday we are closed. Malak insists. He says the Sisters would get mad at him if he has us work on a Sunday. Lovely ladies, they come every first of the month and give us a meal. Malak has an eye for the needy... He is a good man. "

((I'm asking raven... ))

((That's fine, Aroara. smile.gif ))

Rain set her jaw. If he wanted to risk dying, so be it. Mackenzie, on the other hand, laughed, shoving the Nephiliem lightly. "I like your spunk." This irritated Rain further, and the grip on her sword tightened, her knuckles growing white. "Let's go!" Mackenzie hollered, charging ahead into the darkness.

Raven's breathing was growing ragged when voices broke through the darkness that was settling over her. "Are we supposed to feed her?"

"I don't know. I thought she was immortal."

"She is. Her body isn't."

"Oh."

"You haven't been feeding her?! Or given her water at least?!"

"Uh... No." There was a yell, and acrid smoke filled the air. The screech of metal against metal made her ears ring. "Easy." A male voice said as she struggled to move. There dull sensation of a hand passing over her fur. "Jesus..."He mumbled, feeling the ribs of the poor creature. The sound of rustling came next and a cool liquid filled her mouth. Water. She greedily drank, feeling better by the minute. Who are you? She wanted to ask the man. But as quickly as he appeared, he was gone.

"Tuesdays and Thursdays are considered to be normally slow days unless there is a special occasion, like a birthday party or a holiday," Justin answered with the uniform in his hands. "Every other day is considered hectic. It's a challenge, but we need to do it. So... how much is the pay?"

As Cecelia silently and patiently waited, she noticed a magazine and began to read it, looking over to see luxerious items at hefty prices. She closed the magazine, knowing that it is just an unreachable dream and that her and Justin's parents' health matter most than useless riches. As she waited, however, Cecelia noticed that her "birthmark" was exposed again, leaving her to cover it with her sleeve by pulling it down a bit.

Edited by BabyRodent

Username: Aroara

Name: Kenai (Ken) Turell

Species: human

Personality: rped

Appearance: Ken has fair skin and light violet eyes

Weapons/ Powers: none unless having a wicked throwing arm counts

History: rped

Other: she has a tattoo.

"You have to bask Malak that. Meet the crew. Gorge..." he waved to a skinny teen under the hood of a Chevy. "Roger... " A deeply tanned muscular man with long black hair tied back looked at him. Joe lead Justin to a corner of the shop where a Harley was and a pair of steal towed boots could be seen. "And Ken... Ken... Ken! Meet the new guy."

"Can't you see I am doin som'tin here! Buzz off.....This Harley needs my expertise..." "A female voice sounded. "Come on Ken, Malak's orders."

"All right all right don't get your panties in a wad. Ken sat up and huffed. "What is your name."

Justin barely flinched at the sight of the three other workers, especially the woman named Ken, as he was brought over to her. He knew that the apartment complex that he, Cecelia, and their parents lived in had a few people that weren't always welcoming. "Name's Justin-- Justin Paul," he introduced himself, not really intimidated by her spunky attitude.

Vorgin stepped hard on the man's foot, "Wake up! There's no fun in a sleeping victim. I'm not a nightmare demon..."

Dotzrus sat on top of one of the taller buildings looking around for anything out of the ordinary. "Something is coming soon... very soon... if the end times are coming, who will start it?' He was deep in thought. Only the Father or Satan were known to be able to start an apocalypse... angels and demons couldn't by what about a nephalim?

"cool tatt.... now if you don't mind. " she went back to fixing the bike. "She is always like that. That's all for today. Malak would talk to you about being paid tomorrow if he can. "

_____

The man woke up. "Demon?.... " his beady eyes fixed on Sarah. "Who the hell are you?"

"Sarah Johnson... daughter of Sherlock Johnson. The detective you murdered brutally several years before... of course I bet you wouldn't remember him, he was one of many bodies you've added up over the years. I have spent my life hunting you down, and now I get to watch you suffer at the hand of the very thing you worship......" She smiled at him. "You filthy sadistic censorkip.gif*! My vary name means ' Bloody death'! Why should I be afraid of you?" Sarah laughed and took off her glove putting a finger on his belly, the man was shirtless. He gasped and thrashed as the skin turned black like a bad freezer burn. "Because........ I am a cold.... hard killer just like you... but one thing separates us.... I leave no evidence behind....." She backed away and sat on a chair. "Vorgin darling... your victim is awake... make him squirm for me?"

((Adding something to her appearance!))

Justin gave a nod to Joe, responding to him, "Thank you. We'll come by tomorrow as soon as possible during break." With that, he made his way back out front where Cecelia was waiting for him. "Let's head back, kiddo, before dinner service starts," he spoke to her as she quickly stood up and joined him outside, "Looks like we're going to have the extra help with this new job. Though it's wise if you don't have any contact with this Malak guy."

When Cecelia saw Justin come out the back and to the front, telling her that they're going to go, she quickly got out of her seat and joined him without a word. She only nodded to him in response as they headed outside and onto the sidewalk for them to head back to the restaurant for dinner service. As they continued to walk, however, she looked around a bit, unsure if there would be someone watching.

Vorgin grabbed the man by the neck and brought him down to the ground while in the chair, "You got a nice place here... demonic pictures, some familiar runes... but a lack of fire." He lit his finger on fire and slowly drove it into his hand. "A true cultist would be laughing with joy, like a child who just saw Santa Claus... instead you got Jack Frost and the 5th ring of hell." He stabbed him in each limb and kicked him. "You want me to draw anything from him... I'm much better at interrogating than torture without a goal other than death."

The man thrashed about. "Hmmm.... quite possibly information on the police in his pocket. My father hated dirty cops, that's why I became a zoo keeper, I could have been a detective, but that would have tarnished my father's name. How about his drug ring? Information on the man who kept a choker on this dog and on a tight leash. Anything really. Make him spill his guts, oh.. and I have a recording.. I'll leave it with the body. Shouldn't worry about your prints, they are not in the system." She watched. "Pity..... you're getting blood on the leather. I think I'll take this katana..."

Vorgin shrugged and turned to the man, "You heard the woman... Speak up before I start removing your ability to speak at all..."

The man rattled off names and cities of cops, but he kept his mouth shut on the head man behind the ring. "Persuade him dear... remember out deal... " She flicked out her switch blade.