Sinion Kabe

What Did You Wanna Be?

On 10/22/2018 at 2:40 PM, The Dragoness said:

Younger me didn't want a boring ol' job. Younger me wanted to be a princess. But that's not the easiest field to get into these days, so I've settled for medicine.

Because that's way easier, obviously :P

When I was little (like 5-6 yo) I wanted to be a painter. My parents had friends (a couple with kids our age) that were both artists, and I guess I was just fascinated. I loved drawing too.

Then it got into my head that it was impractical, and because I loved animals so much, I should be a vet.

Seeing animals suffering makes me way too sad, though, and they can't tell you what the problem is... So I decided to go the easier way, and settled on medicine too. :P

(Na, in all honestly, I was fascinated by the human body, how it works and why it works the way it does. I'm also an idealist that still thinks helping people must be rewarding.)

My first ever dream job was a tomb raider/some kind of adventurer. I was a big Lara Croft movie fan as a kid. Soon after that I wanted to be a vet, at least until I realized that I'd have to put animals to sleep as a vet. That dream ended pretty quickly after that.

For most of my life I publicly wanted to be a surgeon (parents' expectations and all that) yet secretly held onto a dream of becoming a game graphic artist. When I started my currently ongoing studies in game development, I got to try exactly that for about a half a year. I grew tired of it very quickly and actually fell in love with game programming instead. So yeah, that's where I've ended up in the end.

Edited by Nagapie

I wanted to be an artist! I'm a cosmetologist now, though. So in a way I'm still doing art, through hair/makeup/nails and whatnot. ;) This is an interesting thread!

I had dreamed to be a professional artist when I was teen. But this never be come true XD

After I gave up this, I still cannot find my dream job.

I learn library and information science in an university. But now, I don't really want to be a librarian. And sadly, it's too late to change my major.

(I think it was wrong decision to myself.)

Edited by Kyath The Dream Worker

Farmer, and after that, olympic speed skater. It's really kinda sad that none of the dreams in this thread came true, huh?

I think we wanted to be a video game designer since our special interest was Pokemon, or something in art. As we grew older then we wanted to do something in animation.

Now we're getting a degree for video game design, but anything that combines art and technology we'd be happy with really. We're looking at something in animation or video games but are also kind of interested in comic books. 

-Max 

Actress, singer, and writer, all of which are slowly but definitely happening.

I wanted to be a vet, a zookeeper, a singer, an authour, and an astronaut. I became an entomologist. :)

I guess I wanted to sell tickets at the Linnanmäki amusement park here in Helsinki. I'm studying at the university now so I hope I find something a bit more decent to do for the rest of my life...

A lot of things. Translator, gardener, veterinarian... I wanted to work at a zoo and I wanted to study bees and I wanted to be a psychologist and at one point I dreamed of becoming a writer. Nowadays I dream of impossible things that'll never come true just like all of my childhood dreams.

Archeologist was my first plan which lasted for nearly 6 years in my youth, until people told me that I wouldn't be able to work with it since everything would have been dug up by the time I had finished my education in it and started to work with it.

So I gave up on it ...

After that I simply went from wanting to work with sports in some way, but that changed pretty quickly and I had no plans nor dreams at all of what I wanted to do for a few years ...

Until J.K. Rowling inspired me to the point of me wishing to someday become an author. That was the only plan and goal I kept for myself, and it's still what I'm striving to achieve (of course I don't plan on being as famous as her, I wouldn't dare to even if I got the chance to. I'm much too shy for that).

On Fri Oct 26 2018 at 5:43 AM, Kyath The Dream Worker said:

I had dreamed to be a professional artist when I was teen. But this never be come true XD

After I gave up this, I still cannot find my dream job.

I learn library and information science in an university. But now, I don't really want to be a librarian. And sadly, it's too late to change my major.

(I think it was wrong decision to myself.)

Library skills are amazingly useful in so many other occupations so don't regret it.

Teacher, writer, librarian, artist. I actually did 1 and 3 and now I make use of 2 in my day job (primarily running the thrift shop for our humane society).

Hmmm, I remember wanting to be a ballerina or gymnast when I was itty bitty.  By middle school on I wanted to be a doctor, more specifically on the ER Trauma Team.  By the time I did get to go to college, marriage and children came first,it was still my dream.  Sadly, just before graduating with my Associates my health took a turn for the worse.  Accepting I had to stop pursuing that dream has not been easy.  I did get my Associates, but stopped there.  I do not regret having my children, but should not have allowed my ex stop me from going to college sooner.

I wanted to be a chef, but I wasn't keen on following recipes as-is - I just wanted to experiment with what I could make, and then learn from it. Then I wanted to be a teacher, but that would require me having to actually wake up super-early and plan out lessons so that's a big NO for me. Then I wanted to be a psychiatrist, and I was really close to making that an actual thing...but, I didn't want to do the work for that.  And I'm not exactly good with social stuff or communication IRL, so again that's a NO. Right now, I'm too physically sick to find a job so I spend my time writing and drawing. I have finally decided that I will make writing/drawing my 'job', but I'm still working on it. Hey, at least I get my own schedule and can work from home so that's a huge relief.

When I was in primary school there is a form for us to write our ambition and the most typical ones will be doctors, teachers, firefighters etc. as we are still young and we just write whatever looks cool XD. Doctors seems to be a very popular choice in my country those days, maybe it's because we thought doctors earn a lot of money and those who studied doctors are smarties. I wrote doctor and teachers too! But then I wished to be a businesswoman because it looks cool to be a boss and managing a company. Sadly, my mom disagreed and in the future I might be on the path to veterinary. 

I always wanted to do something in Veterinary growing up , when I was young this evolved in to me wanting to be a Veterinary nurse, though out school I was told this would never happen that being Dyslexic I wasent smart enough- stubbornly I wouldn't ecept this from my teachers, I can happily say I'm a registered Veterinary nurse now :)

always follow your dreams 

13 hours ago, Bloommist said:

I can happily say I'm a registered Veterinary nurse now

Wow congrats! I like animals too, so perhaps veterinary isn't a bad choice for me even though I am not very good in biology XD. 

@Zhiyi1015 I'm oversely biased but I personally love working with animals it has it's sad moments but a lot is rewarding, and well puppies :)so it might be worth considering, I'm not good at English or maths and I managed it so not being that good at one subject shouldn't hamper you to much, although I did have go study anatomy and physiology

Edited by Bloommist

2 minutes ago, Bloommist said:

I did have go study anatomy and physiology

🤯 I hope I can cope with that 

@Zhiyi1015 I'm shore you can, I can only comment on the nursing aspects but it was only for a few terms and wasent to intence, but if you choose to im shore you can do it,  believe in yourself and give yourself credit:) and worse case sanario if you carnt and it goes a bit ary it's not failing it's just not meant to be and not for you, you will find something else that's just right :) you will end up in time were your meant to be 

A paleontologist, thanks to Jurassic Park. Albeit I think I already stated that ages ago. I can't remember. xD