Sinion Kabe

What Did You Wanna Be?

I wanted to be a veterinarian for a little while but then I realized that I would hate dealing with animals pain or having a part in the death of an animal. Then I wanted to be someone who worked with horses when I went through my horse-obsessed phase.

As a child I was very interested in animals and used to spend my birthday money on entire encyclopedias about cats, dogs, horses, snakes, marine animals, etc. I would read them cover to cover and then read them again. I wanted to be the person who knew all about animals and could write encyclopedias about them.

Then I just wanted to be a writer, and from the ages of 7 to about 13 I was determined to be an author, until reality hit me in the face and I realized how unlikely it was that I'd be successful.

Just remembered this - when I was really little, like 5 years old, I basically wanted to be one of those infomercial people tongue.gif I used to give sales pitches in my head about whatever toys/things I was playing with. I had a lot of fun pretending I was in commercials.

Paleontologist, mathmatician, or a writer.

Now I want to major in accounting xd.png

There was a time when I wanted to be a fireman.

But at he time I thought Fireman was someone who went around starting fires, not putting them out.

I remember wanting to be a cashier at one point for some reason. having actually been a cashier, I can say it definitely wasn't worth the wait. I know why I wanted to be a truck driver; I loved the thought of going to lots of different interesting places, and having my own "car" to drive. there's some attraction to that idea still, but the practicalities of it put it out of my reach.

I also distinctly remember in grade school having a vivid fantasy about going "back" to that school in a helicopter, being a famous author, and giving the kids autographs and copies of my books. I've made the "author" part... now I just have to swing "famous." or for that matter "paid." tongue.gif

Paleontologist, herpetologist, archaeologist, mechanic, long-haul trucker, pastry chef, author, stay-at-home mom, etc.

I wanted to be a gynecologist.

...yea, I was that kid. (ツ)

Edited by Ælex

I really wanted to be a ballerina or a figure skating champion when I was little. happy.gif Now I'm a pharmacy student (I got in this year). smile.gif

Dolphin trainer, astronaut, video game tester, marine biologist, paleontologist, engineer, astronomer, geologist, programmer, artist. In that order.

I'm on my last moderately reasonable plan right now. The immense failure and disappointment doesn't feel good.

video game tester

I wanted to be a video game creator, so yeah. laugh.gif Until I figured out how tiring that work can be and my lack of creativity for new characters, so to say.

I used to want to be a fashion designer, I really did, and before that I wanted to make my own cartoons and be the new Walt Disney. xd.png I love him and his work even today, but back then he was really my idol. wub.gif

I wanted to be a jockey. Then I got too tall (barely, I'm actually rather short). I wanted to be a horse trainer or breeder.

Later on, it was an actress. That or a stripper. .... I had an interesting childhood.

When I was really little, I wanted to be an actress. I thought it would be cool to live someone else's life. Then I was never popular in school, and being up in front of people made me so nervous I was ill, so I decided that wasn't a good idea.

My next idea was a veterinarian. I love animals, and I love working with animals. What could be better than helping them? That lasted all the way until high school. I took a zoology class, and we had to dissect a bunch of things. I was doing great, until we got to the fetal pig. I figured there was no way I could be a vet if I couldn't even cut open a dead pig.

I ended up becoming an elementary music teacher, and I love my job.

I wanted to be a veterinary technician or combat medical technician in the Army, but my eyesight got so bad that the MoD would never let me join in a million years.

I wanted to be a paleontologist when I was younger, so much so that I would rent out/buy every book about dinosaurs I could possibly find. now I have a bunch of knowledge about dinosaurs that I'll probably never use tongue.gif although it's still really interesting and I find myself researching new discoveries when there's nothing else for me to do

A sports (specifically F1) commentator, doctor, vet.

I wanted to be a racecar. Then I was informed that I couldn't be a racecar, so I wanted to be a racecar driver.

Then I wanted to be a vet.

Then I wanted to be a teacher.

Then a dolphin trainer.

For years and years and years I wanted to be a vet... Then I got bored of that and was undecided for a long time. Then I decided to be a chemist, but even that always seemed a little boring in the back of my mind. As of now, I'd be so incredibly happy to become an astronomer, but there seems to be little need for an astronomer right now... sad.gif #RefundNASA2016 tongue.gif

Um...I know for the longest time I wanted to be a "scientist", but I never said what kind when I was little. xd.png I loved watching animal planet and wanted to do animal science of some kind.

Then I wanted to write children's books.

Then I wanted to start my own business, but something scared me out of it? I don't remember what.

Then I wanted to be a scientist again.

Then I forgot what scared me and wanted to start my own business again.

Then I wanted to be a scientist again.

Then I wanted to design websites.

Then I wanted to be a teacher. This is where I am at now. tongue.gif