EnchantingMiracle

Please delete/lock. Being remade~Inactive

Alaska or fantasy land?   

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

((Gasp. I just deleted my intro post over this one because I was copying the colors... dry.gif))

Torak

He didn't hear Nuntis the first time. After pausing and turning his head to see the three stares of the wolves he scrambled to his feet. "Whatever. He probably can"t even catch a rabbit if he went hunting. Better to bring him along," Orion muttered, glaring at his brother. She had never forgiven him, he was away for so long. He never knew the pain she felt during that time. And especially when he returned with a pup... After receiving a harsh confirmation that he could go with the patrol, he carefully padded towards the group, his head dipped low. He didn't know what to expect, and he could feel the burning gaze of his sister boring into his skull. Torak made his way to the other side of the patrol, as far as he could get from Orion.

((She'll fall in the river when they arrive~))

Harmony, Subordinate

Pacing alongside the riverbank once more, Harmony gazed into the churning silvery liquid, seeing a flash inside it once more. She plunged her head into the river, attempting to grasp the slippery salmon, but this one fled like the last. Scowling to herself once more, Harmony raised her head, shaking out her red fur before sighing. She gazed at the few salmon she had already caught, considering returning to camp with her current catches. No, I'm no quitter. She thought, turning to the cold river once more, planting her forepaws firmly on the ground as she leaned towards the water hopefully, eventually spotting her reflection. She smiled back at herself, but paused as she heard a crack behind her. Turning, Harmony froze, spotting a dull gray-brown male wolf walking her way. He looked rather nonchalant, but she could see a twinkle of mischief and anger in his dark eyes. He eventually spotted Harmony, starring her down with a small, low growl, his fur slowly rising as he barred his fangs slightly at the red wolf. Crouching low, the wolf's heart pounded in her chest, as she could feel a fight coming on...A fight she could probably not win.

Nuntis, Subordinate

Nuntis was about to leave with her Little group with a curt nod, until she spotted Shrike, not doing anything useful. This made her rather angry, mainly because he was not one of her followers, but also because he was slacking off and trying to chat with another Omega. With a small nod to Orion, she turned and padded towards Shrike, her eyes revealing no emotions. You're coming with us as well, get a move on. She ordered quickly before turning away and returning to her group, dipping her had respectfully to Orion to see if she approved. Nuntis wasn't too pleased to have him coming along, but he needed something to do, and besides, he could be trying to get Andrai onto his side.

Edited by 20mia08

Shrike looked up at Nuntis' words and immediately lowered his head again, giving Andrai an apologetic sideways look and slunk towards the small group, tail dragging pathetically on the ground. Joys of joys, he was going to be stuck around her for who knew how long. Nuntis' followers he could mostly tolerate, but not their manipulator.

Upon reaching the group, confident that Nuntis wasn't going to see, Shrike bared his teeth in a friendly grin for a moment. It'd been too long since he went out anywhere far and he had his doubts that his body wouldn't be able to take it all the way. But if he tired he could always make an excuse, right? It had become his thing rather, worming his way out of situations he didn't like.

((I shall be sleeping now, hopefully I won't force you to wait :'3))

Torque (Subordinate)

Stirring in his sleep, Torque lazily cracked one eye open, shaken from a nice dream from all the commotion within their sanctuary. Yawning widely, he got up and stretched out, popping a few joints and shaking off the stiffness. It was a fine day outside!

A fine day to be bossed around again. -he thought and rolled his eyes as he watched the rest of the denizens depart.

He'd been a bit of an outsider ever since he joined up with them. He pulled his weight, contributed, did as he was told on occasion, but hated bending his knee. Torque wanted one of two things, to be an equal of the greatest, or to be their superior. But for now, he kept his head low, and was thankful for the safety this life provided.

He casually walked out of the den and looked around for something to do. Someone to assist, or some problem that needed fixing.

It looked a lot like everyone had their own things going for them. No disputes, no bared fangs, how dull.

Wandering out into the wilds, Torque figured he'd go on his own again today.

Dig up a few rabbit dens, drag back a few scraps of food, look around for unfamiliar scents...

Something caught his attention. It looked familiar, what was his name. Shrek?

No... Shrike, that's it! They'd never gotten properly introduced, but he'd overheard his name somewhere, he was sure of it.

Torque casually walked over in his direction, and held back a smirk as poor Shrike was put in his place. The poor hound...

Then again, if Nuntis was in a rotten mood, he wouldn't expect anything different for himself.

Time to face the music, I suppose. -he thought, and walked up to join the group.

Edited by Brotato

Nuntis, Subordinate

Nuntis looked blankly at Shrike, only revealing her confusion towards his odd attitude. Why were most wolves sour towards her? She was nicer than Midnight, as she only barred her cruel side to her enemies, and she didn't nip at other often. The golden wolf's ear angled towards an approaching wolf, hearing his claws clack against the ground. She turned to see Torque, another Subordinate, perhaps wanting to join. He's another one of my followers, thank goodness, I feared deep down that Shrike may cause problems. But Shrike is an Omega, so if he causes problems, others will most likely be biting him. She thought with a simple twitch of an ear, her honey-brown gaze calm and welcoming, though they glimmered slightly with energy. Nuntis did not dip her head in respect to Torque, as typically he was an equal, though everyone knew Nuntis was fit to be Alpha. Even Midnight knew that.

Torque? Would you like to join our group? You'd be welcome too, I scented a lone wolf near the river a few days ago, and by the looks of his paw prints, he was a big and strong wolf, most likely healthy and ready for a fight to attempt to take our territory. She murmured in an emotionless tone, her long tail tickling the back of her strong legs. Then, a bit of fear swam in her stomach...Harmony was out there all alone! The red wolf was amazingly talented hunter, but not a fighter, though most wolves preferred to not attack her...But lone wolves would often attack anyone they saw of a threat, and since Harmony was a Subordinate, she seemed enough of a threat.

Midnight, Alpha

Midnight raised her head slightly to show that she was ready to leave. Though she shifted slightly as Ace stood beside her, but she didn't move away from the Subordinate. He was taller than her, yes, but why was he so...Friendly? Probably afraid that I'll snap at him, he is dipping his head in respect after all. She thought contently, gazing from Faolan to Avion. Are we all set to leave? She asked, tipping her head to the side slightly as she spoke. She could hear Nuntis speaking farther away, and suppressed a low growl. Midnight didn't feel very certain with her taking Shrike, as he was one of her followers, not Nuntis's. Would she try to hurt him? Midnight doubted that thought, Nuntis was gentler towards other wolves, but not towards her sister.

Torque (Subordinate)

Curious, I thought our lands were well marked. So either mister "big and strong" is desperate, nose-less, or just plain stupid.

He won't be much of a hassle against an entire pack. -Torque responded casually. Indeed, just one rogue was no hassle.

After all, his small family had dealt with such threats when they were still a roving band of five.

And yes, absolutely coming along for this! If I have to dig up another rabbit den I'm gonna grow long ears and start hopping around, myself.

And what would ma and da say if that were to happen? -he jested, then winked, keeping one ear on what Midnight was on about. Looks like they were set to leave.

Edited by Brotato

Nuntis, Subordinate

Nuntis gave the other wolf a small nod, curling the end of her tail a bit as she rose to her long legs. Most likely brainless or just itching for a good fight, most lone wolves who enter out territory know they're up for a fight. She replied with glittering eyes, as deep down, she herself was itching for a good fight, but only with Midnight, but she did not reveal this feeling. But we must hurry along, Harmony could be in trouble. She's a skilled hunter and runner, but not a fighter. Luckily, most don't challenge her, but if this wolf is looking for a fight, he will. She started towards the exit with her ears perched high up on her head, looking alert and ready for anything. Though Harmony wasn't one of her followers, she cared for the red wolf, as she was a peace-keeper...And perhaps she could eventually make the Subordinate join her and her followers.

Harmony, Subordinate

As the lone wolf looked away for a short moment, Harmony quickly hid behind a tree, where her catches lay. He would quickly catch their scent, and have more of a motivation to attack Harmony. She lowered herself to the ground in a battle-ready position, her ears flat against her skull. Harmony was aware of the power that the lone wolf had, and she knew she was likely to take a beating. But she wouldn't leave her catches that she had worked oh-so hard for, these fish were for her friends, her packmates...Not this low lifed lone wolf that stand a few lengths ahead. An idea came to Harmony's head, and she quickly began to dig, hoping to place her catches in the hole and bury them, so the lone wolf had a lesser chance of scenting them. That way, he may leave her alone, but Harmony still doubted that. So she remained still, crouching low, suppressing a cry for help.

Torque (Subordinate)

Torque had heard very little about the internal affairs of the pack from his denmates, and generally kept himself out of the line of fire. If all hell were to break loose, he didn't want to have his loyalties put on the line, and be expected to shed blood for some pitiful family disagreement. And yet, he felt like it was a potential chance for him to seize what he wanted. Dominance.

It was as long a shot of a plan as it could possibly be, but Torque kept his mind open to the opportunity. But for now, he had a mission. Apparently, he was dragged into a search and rescue type operation, as a support unit. Fair enough then.

Following Nuntis, he kept his nose raised up in the air, sniffing for unfamiliar scents.

The aroma of their homelands was something he always admired. Piny, refreshing, and laden with the occasional whiff of food, ready to be tracked, downed, slaughtered and eaten.

He had his questions about this "Harmony", but kept them to himself, for now.

((Is Nuntis going to try and gather enough followers to overthrow Midnight? That's awesome!))

Edited by Brotato

Andrai nodded a look of understanding to Shrike. Deep down he was rather glad he didn't have to talk, he hated talking, especially when he knew that it was a great possibility to split the pack. Yes, he would like to be friends with more people other than Zyke and Kieila, but his shyness and insecurities of losing friends prevented him from talking to others. His shyness made it so he was even more susceptible to bullying. His stomach rumbled. He hoped that the hunt would be a good one. Suddenly a little wolf darted past him. "Kieila, gosh darn it, come back here!" He groaned as he chased after the pup. She stood atop a rock-spire near the cave, dangerously high above the ground and wet with melted snow. He knew she couldn't go down the other way, and her paws didn't have enough traction to go down the way she came. He sighed and clambered up the slippery stalagmite. He pulled his sister down, glaring at her all the while. "What were you even thinking? You wouldn't of been able to get down from there."

Kieila shook her head. "I was fine! If I needed help I would've asked for it. I'm not a newborn anymore, and even if I am partially blind in one eye and have a limp, I can handle myself! Remember when we were on our own? I'm able to take care of myself. Stop babying me." She walked away, annoyed that he brother thought that she still needed help. She wasn't the same pup that was dangling over a cliff, unaware of her demise. Yes, she had many birth defects. She had a twisted hind paw. When she closed her left eye and looked through her right, everything was blurry. Her ears and nose were very keen, though, to make up for her bad eyesight and limp. She frowned to herself. Just then another little pup raced past. Koda? "Hey, Koda!"

((Pretty much what I wrote before for Kieila. Changed a bit for mister Drai, but that's fine. I don't think I'm gonna do the colors because I'm on a tablet. I shall do that later. Or not.))

Max nodded in greeting to both Shrike and Torque when they joined them for the patrol.and had also nodded a bit to Torak as well, though Orion didn't seem too happy about it. She then followed after Nuntis and Torque as they headed out, hoping that Harmony would be okay until they got there to help her if she was already in trouble. She would gladly help to save her friend since she didn't like when her packmates were in trouble or injured even if their loyalties were split between Midnight and Nuntis. She stayed quiet as they made their way to the stream where Harmony might have been, scenting their surroundings every so often to see if she could pin-point the lone wolf's scent if he was around the area or for anything else that was around that may want to hurt them so that she could be prepared and warn her patrol group of the danger if the need arose to do that. Her thoughts then turned to Orion and what she might have wanted to talk to her about while on this patrol. She had seemed like she might have wanted to talk to her about something but she hadn't said anything about it while they had still been at the cave but she didn't ask her now and would just wait until she brought it up.

Nuntis, Subordinate

Nuntis traveled in the rear of the group, her mind taking her in multiple different places. The golden wolf sunk slightly in the snow as she walked, each paw placed firmly on the ground as she calmly walked on, listening to the sound of groaning snow as the wolves walked about. Nuntis was starting to get hungry, and her belly growled quietly, complaining to its owner who completely ignored it. Her ears pricked as the river came in sight, its silvery water faintly visible between breaks in the snow-covered trees. She lifted her nose a bit higher into the air, searching for the scent of Harmony, and eventually discovered it. As a small gust of wind blew past the golden wolf, she could pick up the scent of lone wolf, causing her to flatten her ears and growl softly. My guess is correct, he's here, Harmony as well. If he has gotten to her yet, we better hurry along to defend her. She muttered, flicking some snow from a paw as she spoke, her eyes narrowed slightly.

((I think it's best we wait for Tiga before Harmony's attacked and falls in))

Shrike also kept near to the back of the group, straying several metres every so often to inspect completely unnecessary objects - a log they'd already checked, a half-buried pebble, the snow a couple inches under what he then scratched away. Upon probably the fifth time repeating this, a gust of wind carried a scent he was familiar with but not from any wolf around them right now and looked up, ears perked and stance tall and curious. Bounding back towards the patrol, he noticed Nuntis' subtle change and guessed she had caught the scent as well. Stopping short to avoid running into Torak, Shrike instead nosedived, sneezed and shivered. It was so, so cold out! His fur barely seemed to do a thing against the wind and the snow seeped into his fur most unpleasantly.

((HA I just realised autocorrect changed Torak to Torque. GG. Fixed.))

Edited by rampaging wyvern

((Who would save Harmony? I was thinking maybe one of the omegas, Shrike or Torak))

Orion

As the patrol moved out, she found herself moving to the front, and finally standing at the front of the patrol. Talking to Maxine would have to wait, the safety of the pack would always come first. Nearing the stream where Harmony would be, her pace slowly and her ears perked up. After the report of the scent from Nuntis, she scented the air and caught whiff of it. Instantly, her muscles tensed and she crouched instinctively, her lips were slightly drawn back in a growl and her eyes narrowed. In full attack position, she paused, trying to pinpoint were the loner would be.

Torak

Torak had obviously been sticking it to the back of the patrol, near Nuntis and Shrike. He didn't want to be close to Orion, for obvious reasons. After seeing the obvious reactions of some wolves, he made his steps softer, although with the lack of patrols he has been out on, he was still clumsy on his feet. His nose had the full scent of loner in it, and all he needed to do was to track down him and Harmony.

Edited by Tiga

((Torak can, I guess...I love fighting scenes, but I'll make it short and sweet. <3))

Harmony, Subordinate

The red female wolf could hear the lone wolf approaching, causing her heart to beat faster and louder. She quickly pushed dirt over the hole, not hiding the fish the best, but they were still hidden. Harmony's fur rose as she heard a low, menacing growl, causing her to bare her fangs and crouch down low. The wolf cornered the tree, snapping his jaws inches from her neck, but she was swift, digging her fangs into the lone wolf's ear and causing him to cry out. He quickly backed away, shaking his head and scattering his scarlet blood onto the shining bright snow. With her hackles raised, Harmony glared at the wolf before attacking him, pinning her ears to the back of her skull to avoid any unwanted nips to the ears. The lone wolf reared up on his hind legs, but swift little Harmony continued to charge him until she was close enough raise her head and dig her fangs into his forearm. He crashed onto her, biting the back of her scruff and causing her to yelp in pain, struggling away from him. Being larger and stronger than Harmony, the lone wolf easily pinned the young red wolf the ground, biting down harder on her scruff to inflict more pain.

I-I've gotta get out of his grasp, if he keeps me pinned like this, I'm done for! Harmony thought, wriggling about until she was able to roll and make him loose his balance, losing his grasp on Harmony. She leaped back, running to the riverbank and skidding to a halt, facing the large dully-colored wolf. He swiftly and proudly approached Harmony once more, his head low and ears flat, his fur spiking yet sticky with cooling blood. Then he charged, and Harmony was doomed.

Stop! Leave her be! Rung out the strong and intimidating voice of Nuntis, running at the male wolf at top speed with her patrol. But it was too late. He bowled Harmony over, sending the red Subordinate plunging into the chilly water. She was weak as it was, blood pouring from her scruff wound, and his charge had knocked the air out of her. Water submerged the slowly thrashing red wolf, her paddles worthless against the strong, cold current that tugged at her and her bloody fur. Meanwhile, Nuntis crashed into the lone wolf, digging her fangs into the side of his thick neck, causing him to cry out, but he fought back, rearing up onto his hind legs with her and wrapping his forepaws around her in attempts to unbalance her.

((Yay! Action!))

Orion

As Nuntis charged out behind her, the beta barked out an order to attack, before bounding towards the wolf herself. She ran to the other side of the lone wolf, her jaws snapping in anger. "Leave this territory!" She barked, her eyes lit with fury. As the lone wolf and Nuntis fought together, Orion paused, waiting for a good place to jump in and help. The wolf twisted and tried to lock Nuntis off balance, and Orion charged at him. She dodged around the two and nipped at his neck, hoping it distracted him long enough for Nuntis to struggle free.

Torak

Why hadn't they gone and noticed Harmony? Frustrated at the scene, Torak tore away from the patrol and raced towards the river, where Harmony was still thrashing about. He paused at the bank,unsure of what to do. But Harmony was getting weaker with every second. He needed to save her. Torak bunched his muscles and dove into the water. Shaking the icy liquid from his eyes, he spluttered for a bit before seeing the form of Harmony close by. Torak paddled towards her, his eyes narrowed as the water batted at his body. "Harmony!" He barked out loudly, hoping to get her attention. He pressed his nose into her neck, checking if she was still alive from the battle and water. Sure enough, he felt her warmth underneath her soaked fur. His jaws grabbed the uninjured parts of her scruff, hoping to pull her head clear out of the water.

Shrike immediately pulled back the moment the fight begun, watching the rest of the patrol lunging into battle like they did it on a daily basis. This wasn't what he was expecting, not at all!

Instead, he surveyed the scene from a distance, then looked back at the path they had come down. He had the perfect opportunity to slip away from Nuntis, her followers and the enemy...

But wouldn't they then label him a coward? Nobody in this pack yet knew that he had endangered his own siblings' lives and didn't even try to help them and he didn't need a reputation like that here. He hadn't been part of this pack for awfully long and a situation like the one before him hadn't turned up in that time - and he was also out of fighting practise.

Indecisive, Shrike padded towards Torak and Harmony, thinking perhaps he could help with something not so demanding. Reaching the edge of the river he stretched his neck out as far as he could, planting both forepaws into the icy water. "Over here!" Perhaps he could help drag Harmony onto land.

((Shrike continues to be of little use at the moment, which is working in my favour nicely. Somebody's gotta get sick of this sooner or later!))

Their forces had divided in the rescue effort, and although Torque would have preferred not getting his paws dirty against this lone mongrel, he figured Harmony would get all the help she needed. Fangs bared, Torque charged right into their attacker, knocking him off-balance and beneath himself, stopping him from his now pointless attempts at pinning Nuntis down.

He snapped for the loner's neck, but was too slow. Sharp pain shot through Torque's leg when his opponent locked his jaws and sunk his fangs into it, boring beneath the fur and into the flesh, eliciting a loud whine and feral snarl from Torque. He snapped at his opponent's face, causing a few scratches, drawing some blood, and apparently enough pain to elicit a loud whine, forcing his opponent to let go of the leg.

With his opponent's leg now useless, the loner managed to get free, forcing Torque off of himself.

Both wolves managed to get up, the loner's eye closed and his face scratches dripping blood.

Torque was limping, also dripping blood from his injured extremity.

You're outnumbered... Piss off before I gouge the other one out! -Torque snarled loudly, now feeling a little afraid for his own life.

When things got sour, he always had the option of running away. That option was no longer available.

((I'm not sure how combat works for this RP, so I'm going with what I'm used to. Let me know if I've crossed the line, I'll gladly readjust. unsure.gif ))

Edited by Brotato

“Yes, I believe everyone is ready, unless some random fool decides to barge into our little hunting group, we’re ready to roll!” happily barked Faolan.

The beta male much preferred hunting than fighting. The thrill of a chase was exceedingly appealing to him and nothing got his blood pumping more than a good hunt. Nobody knew this, well as far as he knows, but Faolan really dislikes wolves physically abusing one another even though he’s known to do it at times towards the omegas but that’s only to keep up his reputation. Who would allow a wolf to become beta if they were a big softie?

Trotting out of the camp with the rest of the wolves, Faolan couldn’t be happier. Finally, he was going to get some action after lounging around for most of the day being a boring old couch potato. He just sincerely hoped that the game that Ace spotted would still be lurking around or in their territory. It’d be a huge disappointment if they had to walk home with no rewards or prizes.

Talking about what they’re hunting, Ace hadn’t exactly mentioned what he found, did he? “Hey Ace, what exactly are we trying to hunt?” asked Faolan while still plodding along in the thick snow.

Harmony, Subordinate

Gasping for air as she barely thrashed, Harmony relaxed as she felt a nose press into her red fur. She then caught a familiar scent, her thrashing ceasing. Torak! She thought, sighing slightly in relief. But he was an Omega, so did he have enough strength to pull her from the strong current. She felt him gently grasp her scruff, and then she heard the voice of Shrike. Two Omegas...A bit of doubt swarmed in her stomach, but she didn't act out, as she was a lighter wolf, so perhaps they could save her. Harmony gazed up at the two Omegas with pleading eyes, her wounds burning as the cold current tugged against them, some blood from her wounds following the current downstream. Her ears angled towards the lone wolf, Nuntis, Torque, and Orion, hearing them fighting and crying out. Hopefully they would find her catches and take them back to camp, if not, she would be sure to get them later.

Nuntis, Subordinate

Nuntis shook out her pelt, removing the blood from her and the lone wolf from her golden pelt (more of his blood than her's), snarling at the intruder as she circled him, her muscles rippling under her sun-colored pelt. He barred his fangs, snapping at the nearest wolf, which happened to be Torque, only to be slammed by Nuntis. He yelped in fell, rising once more to try biting her. She leaped to the side at her top speed, sinking her sharp fangs into his rear leg and pulling it out from underneath him, making the dully colored wolf land with a loud thud. Before he could struggle to his feet once more, Nuntis stood on top of him, placing her forepaws on his head, and her hind legs on his lower back. Now, she began, glaring down at the injured wolf. You could take the option just stated and leave, or die right here and now. The intruder glared around, gazing at his attackers before deciding he was out numbered. He went limp under Nuntis to show his defeat, so she let him up, and watched him flee. She then turned back to Torque and Orion with a curt nod, her gaze flying to the river, spotting the Omegas with Harmony.

Midnight, Alpha Female, & and Ace, Subordinate

The Alpha cast Faolan a slightly confused glance before padding outside with the rest of the patrol, standing in the front before glancing over her shoulder. She motioned to Ace to stand beside her with a simple flick of her tail, watching him trot over with a narrowed gaze. Where and what is this beast? She asked him, her pace steady as he sauntered beside her. Ace gazed around, trying to spot familiar surroundings.

It was fairly close to our camp, and... He began, his eyes shining with energy and joy as he spoke. ...It's a deer, a big one by the smell of it. That's why I wanted to gather quite a few wolves, as it'll treat us. He murmured, stretching out calmly.

((Last is short since I have practice))

Shaking off the blood stains from his fur, Torque sat down to ease the pressure on his damaged leg. He'd be limping for a while, if his wound were left untreated.

Spitting out a bit of red, he felt like licking the snow, who knows what he scraped off of that attacker's face. For all he knew, it could have been an eyeball.

As the attacker fled, Torque felt a compulsive urge to give chase and do something awful, though his common sense won out in the end.

He traced the loner off with a glance, wondering if he'd be bold enough to try something again any time soon. Deep down, he hoped so.

Glancing over towards where the rescue team was struggling with Harmony, for a brief moment, he wished he'd gone to help them instead.

Trying to stand up to go assist them, he winced in pain as his leg gave way and didn't allow it.

It was perfectly clear, he'd be as useful in the water as a concrete slab.

((Point of clarification: That lone wolf was just a random non-player owned mook right?))

Edited by Brotato

((I believe so))

As soon as they had gotten to the stream and where Harmony and the lone wolf were, all hell broke loose. Max was forced to stay where she was when everyone else charged at the intruder but she did move slightly closer in case they might need her. It looked like they had the situation under control with the loner so she went over to where Shrike was at the stream bank to see if she could be of good use there instead and could help the omega if he needed it. She then set her own front paws into the chilly stream but didn't go any further into it since she didn't want Shrike to think that she was going to out-do him. "I'll help you bring her into shore if you need it," she said to him before waiting for Torak and Harmony to come over to where they were.

Ace, Subordinate

After he spoke to the Alpha Female, she simply nodded her response, looking ahead with her ears pricked. The two then walked in silence, occasionally lifting their noses to scent the air to find the deer's faint and stale scent. Ace then suddenly veered sharply to the right, remembering going that way earlier that morning. Midnight slowly followed, Ace's ears pricked as he gazed in different direction. He continued on until he paused, narrowing his brilliant amber eyes as he caught a fresher scent of the deer. It's this way! He called out, quickening his pace in a straight direction, his black-and-silver fur swaying with his body as he stalked on silently. The tall Subordinate lowered himself to the ground as he spotted the deer he had scented earlier, casually nibbling on a dying sapling. Ace angled his ears in it's direction, slowing his pace and placing each paw carefully and silently on the snowy earth.

Avion, Subordinate

Avion slowly trudged along, his tail swinging from side to side as he walked, held fairly high to show his enjoyment. The Subordinate followed the group near the back of it, occasionally lifting his head to hit a snowy branch and race ahead, in hopes of covering a wolf behind him in snow. ((Ah I love him <3)) If he did get anyone, he would give them a slightly apologetic look and a friendly wag of his tail to show he was just joking around, after all, they weren't close to the deer yet. Of course, they had to forgive Avion, as he was still a pup at heart, and everyone knew that. He would occasionally quicken his pace into a slow little lope or prance, enjoying the crisp winter air. But when Ace flashed him a look, Avion stopped with his fun and hung out in the back once more with a scowl. Didn't Ace every have fun?! Then again, they were on a little mission, and they couldn't let the deer get away, so Avion felt a little bad afterwards. When Ace motioned to the deer in the distance, Avion lowered himself to the ground as well, his mud-colored tail lowering as well, his ears pinning to the back of his sturdy and well-built skull. Like his packmates around him, Avion was hungry, so catching this deer would fill his belly, and being a Subordinate, he got more food than some, some being mostly Omegas.

Time to get down to business! I plan on going to sleep tonight with a full gut! Avion thought, smiling to himself as he watched the innocent deer, unaware of her surroundings. As Ace had said earlier, this doe was fairly large and meaty, but not expecting any offspring. Excitement bubbled up in Avion as he waited for the order to charge, how he was dying to chase something, and sink his fangs into the meaty deer's flank.

EDIT:

((Yeah, he was just a random character, not owned by anyone. As for Harmony's post, it'll come later, once Tiga posts with Torak))

Edited by 20mia08

Koda

The little pup skidded to a halt to see Kieila call out to him. He turned and instantly reached her. "Hi, Hi!" He almost yapped, his eyes sparkling. "I was going to join the border patrol, but they left before me. I don't know if they can fight off predators without my help!" Koda boasted, his eyes wide and his chest puffed out. "See look at this!" He broke off halfway as he leaped into the air and clawed the air before landed clumsily on the ground.

Orion

Orion watched the lone wolf run off before glancing back to her patrol. Nuntis was splotched with blood, but due to the little wounds she held, she suspected the blood was mostly from the lone wolf. Looking at Torque and his hind keg, she stepped forward, only to feel the dull ache of pain on her paw. Glancing down, she saw a red bite mark. She wondered hoe she got it, but in the frenzy of the attack, he must of somehow inflicted it on her. Gently placing her paw down, the pain was still there, but it was manageable. She made her way to Torque and gently nosed him. "What happened to your leg?" She asked, gesturing towards the injure he had.

Torak

He felt the cold water almost gripping him in an ice claw, threatening to drag him down into the water. Thrashing against the current, he somehow saw himself nearing closer to the bank, with Harmony in his jaws. He was getting so close, but he used up so much energy just to move a little. Torak, almost giving up gave a heave of effort, and somehow heaved the lighter wolf half up the bank. Nudging Harmony with his nose, he let go of her and was instantly swept down a few paces. He scrambled to the bank, his front paws clawing the loose snow for a grip.

Shrike chased after Torak and Harmony as the river carried them, shards of slushy ice breaking from the water's edge and weakly attempting to cut Shrike's paws as he ran. He reached Harmony first, right after Torak had pushed her to shore and seized her by the scruff, pulling at her eagerly. Further down the river he saw Torak scrambling for grip and simply paid him no mind - he could take care of himself, surely!

((Short posts forever ;w; ))

Watching the rescue take place from a distance, all Torque could do is sigh with relief as the other managed to rescue Harmony.

What a day. -he jested in his own thoughts. The first exciting thing that's happened to him in over a week, and this happens. Occupational hazard, I suppose.

There was something bugging him, however... that wolf, that loner they'd just driven off, he seemed so vaguely familiar somehow.

Torque knew it was absurd to think that, and yet... pondering about it would have to wait, he smiled lightly as Orion approached.

I did something reckless and stupid, and this is what happens when one does things that are either reckless or stupid. Or in my case, both. -he glanced away for a moment, momentarily realizing that what was supposed to be a joke, was actually indeed the reality of the situation.

What was he thinking? Slamming headfirst into that invader? Ofcourse this would have happened. And it did! Still...

Could have been worse, though. No broken bones, just a flesh wound. -he reassured her, knowing full well he didn't have the vacancy to shirk his duties.

Leg or no leg.

I hope we get moving back to the dens soon. -he stated, looking at Orion's own injury.

It didn't look serious, but Torque doubted it didn't hurt, let alone if she tried running.

Hope Harmony will be alright though, she's seen the worst of today's little venture.

So, wanna head back? I'd appreciate the company. -he gestured towards the trail leading back where they'd come from.

Edited by Brotato