EnchantingMiracle

Please delete/lock. Being remade~Inactive

Alaska or fantasy land?   

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dang it! Mia stole my correction. I wanna be helpful too, you know.

I like to be referred to as Mouse, because Mya is my sister's name, not mine. I'm not complaining, just telling you guys because random.

Also, I suggest quoting your character sheets as well, to make sure users see them. Secondly, where exactly does this take place, like which country (or is this place made up)?

I never exactly thought of which country, so I'm veering towards the made up place. Any suggestions would be nice happy.gif

I will have to do the quoting and other fixes tomorrow, just had to check in before I go to sleep.

Personally, I think it should be in Canada or the U.S., but wolves are all over the world. My other suggestion is somewhere in Russia.

I never exactly thought of which country, so I'm veering towards the made up place. Any suggestions would be nice happy.gif

I will have to do the quoting and other fixes tomorrow, just had to check in before I go to sleep.

Hey, EM!

Ummmm....Maybe Alaska? I love the "arctic" wolves. And it would match with hard winters and plentiful animals during summer. I've never been there, but I think it would match the green summers too.

I KNOW IT'S NOT A COUNTRY, MIA.

Edited by MyaMouse

Which wolves? You said later on that there is no enemy packs or wolves, did the own wold pack turn on them? And how can just two wolves fight them off? Shouldn't the whole pack fight them?

Maybe their pack relocated after Sun and Kiki's death, because the enemy wolf packs tried to rid of them and the young alphas were vulnerable.

But the "pack turning on them" thing sounds just about right, as the lower ranks would be fighting for alphaship- Is that a word?

Hey, EM!

Ummmm....Maybe Alaska? I love the "arctic" wolves. And it would match with hard winters and plentiful animals during summer. I've never been there, but I think it would match the green summers too.

I KNOW IT'S NOT A COUNTRY, MIA.

There are no forests in Alaska. It's well above the Arctic Circle, if I remember correctly. The onto trees there would go up to the wolves' ankles.

Edited by KoalaNoob

There are no forests in Alaska. It's well above the Arctic Circle, if I remember correctly.

I said I had never been there before... ;~;

It was just a suggestion.... tongue.gif

I'm not much of a geography girl. I don't know much about places not in the Islands.

Honestly, Enchanting, I think your best bet would be somewhere in fantasyland. Most of the real world is too densely populated with humans, and I doubt you'd want one stumbling into your pack mid-roleplay- it's be realistic, but also irksome and would break the rhythm. Besides, a lot of the world has no forests and you'd have to rewrite your territory section.

How about Canada, the U.S., or Russia, Koala? I live in the U.S, so I know what it's like, but it depends on what State you're in.

There are no forests in Alaska. It's well above the Arctic Circle, if I remember correctly. The onto trees there would go up to the wolves' ankles.

Er, yes there are. =o Caribou actually spend their winters in the boreal forests.

Er, yes there are. =o Caribou actually spend their winters in the boreal forests.

Oh, whoops. I went and checked a map, apparently only half of Alaska is above the Arctic Circle. Apologies for the confusion and inconvenience, I've been making stupid mistakes left and right today.

Still, though, I'm kind of wondering if Enchanting is wanting to put in the effort to make this in the real world. I know this was meant to be realistic, but I'm pretty sure Pi said something that made Enchanting change? Having it in the real world makes the setting for the roleplay a little more challenging fro roleplayers in general, because what they do has to make sense within the real area. :c

Oh, whoops. I went and checked a map, apparently only half of Alaska is above the Arctic Circle. Apologies for the confusion and inconvenience, I've been making stupid mistakes left and right today.

Still, though, I'm kind of wondering if Enchanting is wanting to put in the effort to make this in the real world. I know this was meant to be realistic, but I'm pretty sure Pi said something that made Enchanting change? Having it in the real world makes the setting for the roleplay a little more challenging fro roleplayers in general, because what they do has to make sense within the real area. :c

True, Koala. I am thinking more of a fantasy land, but what do you guys want?

I'm thinking it would either be Alaska or a fantasy land :3

Edited by EnchantingMiracle

Personally I'd prefer an actual location within Alaska, but I'm not willing to learn what restrictions and so on there may be just for a realistic roleplay that's already not entirely realistic. Though it could be set in a relatively small area where few humans set foot? If there are any such places like that.

Either way, I'm not terribly fussed. If others are happy with a fantasy land, I'll follow along without complaint.

Or, it could just be a region in Alaska, like the Northwest Alaskan coast, etc.

Edited by 20mia08

True, Koala. I am thinking more of a fantasy land, but what do you guys want?

I'm thinking it would either be Alaska or a fantasy land :3

I like fantasyland because you can bend the landscape, and real places have more restrictions. Plus, like KN said, it'd be hard not to run into humans if it was the real world.

Actually, not running into humans wouldn't be too difficult if the wolves lived in a nature reserve, or some other protected area. Overall, it is up to Enchanting.

Actually, not running into humans wouldn't be too difficult if the wolves lived in a nature reserve, or some other protected area. Overall, it is up to Enchanting.

THATS NOT THE POINT, MIA.

Why you always gotta spoil my fun... ;~;

Humans densely populate Earth. Even with nature reserves, you still would probably see a human.

It gives them predators, which'll spice up the roleplay and give them more threats.

Also, on the "Taken Positions" list (under Subordinates), replace the capital "M"'s in my Username with lower case ones.

Secondly, is this pack going to be and act realistically (just to confirm)? If not, do they have religious beliefs (Like Warrior Cats and other fiction animal stories)?

Lastly, does this pack have a specific name, like the "Ice Pack", or the "Midnight Stars Pack"?

I actually like the idea of Alaska. The fantasy land doesn't even make it realistic,really. I think I'll do that... Since I already have that it is pretty isolated, it would obviously be in an isolated place in Alaska. ^^i never thought of a name, mia, though I don't think they will have one. Its not that I won't consider it, it just makes it less realistic. I will have it either way, I don't know what everyone else wants. happy.gif also, I will change that right now mia, sorry about that. My IPad must have automatically capitalized your name.

I originally created them to act and think like ordinary wolves, so yes, mia.

Edited by EnchantingMiracle

... Say that again without spellcheck? I can't understand you.

Hey, Miracle, my sheets need to be quoted like the others.

Edited by MyaMouse

I'm not sure if it should be a 100% realist RP, because this isn't a 100% realistic pack structure.

The alphas, betas, omegas, etc, works in a captive pack but not usually in nature.

In nature, it would generally be the "breeding pair" (David Mech pooh-poohed the term alpha) and their pups. This here mix of unrelated wolves, the terms alpha, the "alphas eating first," isn't really accurate.

But that's just my two cents. While the argument over "alpha" vs "breeding pair" is important to the wolf community, if you want to make it be that way in an RP, that's your choice. ^-^

Also, I think we should have it in boreal forest, Pacific Northwesty type terrain! But that's my favorite biome, so I'm biased. X3

Tundra would be interesting as well.

Edited by igloo9201

I can't look at it without this bugging me.

There has to be an apostrophe after the E in mouse. Sorry about being weird about it if I was.

So, I still hold my ground on Fantasyland. I think you sort of based it around the book Wolves of the Beyond, maybe.

That's where I got the idea for Kia.