EnchantingMiracle

Please delete/lock. Being remade~Inactive

Alaska or fantasy land?   

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

((Permission to start this. Colors for my characters: Ace - silver, Nuntis - tan, Harmony - lightsalmon, Avion - saddlebrown))

Ace, Subordinate

A cold, winter breeze ruffled the massive flecked wolf as he made his way to the cave, his sharp amber eyes narrowed, glowing like embers as he set his gaze on camp. He was a higher ranked wolf with greater respect, so he often went wherever he pleased, but he was not a slacker -no no, quite the opposite. Ace sprang up onto a fallen, rotting birch log, twitching his black-and-silver ear, looking rather keen as he gazed around, scenting the air calmly. Faint scent of rabbit, very faint, and a distant smell of deer...I oughta fetch a few others to take it down, we can't risk losing a decent meal, not in a time like this. With that thought, Ace leaped from the log, his muscles rippling under his fluffy dense pelt. He landed on all four paws, well-balanced and quickly breaking into a smooth trot, entering the cave just as calmly as he left. The rather handsome fellow gazed around the den for a familiar black pelt, but didn't find it, and decided to ask for the wolf he was in search of.

Midnight? Anyone know where she is? I've scented a decent meal, and would like a few others to come along and catch it. He called out in a serious tone, narrowing his bright eyes once more before pacing in front of the entrance a bit. His sharp claws clacked against the ground as he walked, every step full of confidence and energy. Ace was in the mood for a chase, a good challenge, something to get him pumped and warm.

Nuntis, Subordinate

Nuntis was sleeping soundlessly, her golden flank rising and falling slowly in a rhythmic pattern. The sound of Ace's familiar bark awoke her, causing her to grumble slightly and raise her head a bit. She narrowed her eyes until she made out the Subordinate's black-and-silver pelt, and shook her head before rising to her paws. Nuntis noticed that he was looking for Midnight. Hmmph, if he can't find her, maybe she's dead? That'll be a relief, how I wish my foolish sister was dead. What she had done to me in the past is unforgivable. The she-wolf thought with an angry flick of her ear, walking from her warm sleeping-spot with long strides. She gazed around for some of her followers.

Harmony, Subordinate

Harmony was down by the river, gazing calmly into the rushing water, though she was truthfully puzzled and stressed. Her pack was falling apart, being torn apart, piece by piece. She didn't like seeing her kind suffering. Unlike most of her pack-mates, she hadn't chosen a side, and never would, as she saw both Nuntis and Midnight foolish. With a small shake of her head, the reddish wolf moved away from the flowing water and sat down beside a barkless tree, raising a hind leg to scratch at her chin. After doing so, Harmony straightened up, pricking her ears and gazing around, her nostrils flaring as she caught the scent of deer. It was rather far away from her, and she noticed Ace setting out earlier, so she supposed he would be on its tail.

((Avion's post will come later, I'm going to my brother's concert. If no-one posts when I get on next, I'll add onto this post.))

A deep guttural growl escaped Faolan’s mouth as he pounced on the unsuspecting deer that was roaming in the forest, unaware of the dangerous and hungry wolf that was about to snap its neck. The male beta wolf had a pleasing look in his eyes as he successfully killed the slow footed herbivore and was about to sink his sharp teeth into the deer to have a taste of the succulent meat. The only problem was…it was a dream. A surprisingly pleasant dream at that.

Faolan blearily opened one of his topaz eyes as the annoying yap of Ace woke him up from his sleep. And I was just getting to the good part of the dream where I could finally take a bite out of that silly deer. No matter, I need to get up anyway, I’ve been lazing around far too long. The multi-coloured wolf groggily got to his paws before taking a big stretch and an even bigger yawn. Faolan then made his way towards the pacing Ace but before he could reach the lower ranked pack mate, Nuntis just happened to walk past him. His eyes narrowed at the she-wolf who always seems to get on his nerves. Despite her good looks, Faolan despised Midnight’s sister. She’s the one who’s trying to overthrow his leader and become the next ruler of the pack, something that will never happen as long as he still lives. Putting Nuntis and her scheming ways to the back of his mind, Faolan calmly approached Ace.

“As far as I know I haven’t seen Midnight since this morning but the pack hasn’t had a reasonable meal in days with food being so scarce nowadays. If what you have said is true then I’d gladly hunt this beast down.” replied Faolan in a composed voice. If Midnight isn’t spotted within five minutes and hasn’t let them leave without her consent then Faolan might as well just let them go and hunt, that is if they get more wolves to join them.

((will post as Aurora later since I don't know what I can do with her right now))

Maxine was also sleeping in her favorite warm spot in the cave when she heard Ace's bark about him finding a decent meal and also wanting a few others to go with him to help catch it. She woke up then, her ears perked forwards before stretching a little and heading over to where he was in front of the cave behind Faolan. She heard what the Beta said and was second to chip in as she said, "I'll go with you as well to help bring it down and also bring it back to the cave for everyone to eat." After she said this, she sat down and bowed her head respectfully in Faolan's direction in order to show her respect for him since she was inferior to his position and then looked up again to look at Ace.

Edited by redfox

Midnight, alpha female

Midnight narrowed her eyes, striding quickly to find the other wolves. She had been for a morning run, her anger unbearable that morning. Her pelt was matted down with sweat, and she was huffing heavily. Her energy had been drained a considerable amount, and she knew she had been gone for too long. The pack would be wondering where she was, and she needed to make sure they knew she was reliable and organized. She couldn't just up and leave whenever she wanted. She quickened her pace and nearly crashed into Ace.

With a slight flick of her ears, she nodded at him, then at Faolan. I assume you are preparing for a hunt? She asks calmly, most of her anger gone. She had been annoyed about e situation with herself and Nuntis, and she didn't want it to escalate too much. Her stomach rumbled softly, and she stood tall. She needed to look as dominate as possible. Faolan, you can take Ace, Nuntis, Avion, and Harmony to hunt. She said politely, then sat down for a moment, waiting for her energy to return.

(Remember, I need someone to contact me so Midnight can be roleplayed while I am gone. Thanks! . )

((guess we forgot to; sorry ^^'. also, Max is there too and said that she would go but you had Midnight not list her so does that mean that she can't go?

edit: I'll just post as her being disappointed in not being chosen to go and then also concoct a post as Aurora))

Max dipped her head again when Midnight appeared before hearing what she said to Faolan about who he could bring with him hunting after she had lifted it again. Her ears pinned low against her head when she heard that she hadn't been one of the wolves chosen to go and had to admit that she was a bit disappointed but just shrugged it off some since it wasn't a big deal. She sighed softly before heading back over to her favorite corner to lay down again in, thinking that she'll probably go patrolling the borders to make sure that the scent markers were still up and if she needed to refresh them at all. Once she had gotten to her corner, she laid down, and just looked at a wall nearby since she didn't want to look at any of the other wolves right now. She wasn't depressed exactly, just a bit sad since she had wanted to be around Ace some more but then she figured that another chance would come up for her to be near him while hunting or patrolling and couldn't wait for that, also feeling a little better too at that thought.

Aurora had been sleeping when she heard a lot of talking near the entrance of the cave. She woke up and yawned cutely before seeing Max walk over to a corner that was close to her, wondering why she looked so sad. She stood up and then made her way over to the older wolf and nuzzled her a bit in comfort so that she would be happy again. She didn't like when the other wolves were sad, angry, or mean with each other and always tried to cheer them up again if she could. It wasn't really a gift of hers but it seemed to work at times to help the others feel better.

Edited by redfox

((Ooh when did this get approved! I'm unsure as to where to start right now, but I'll hopefully post very shortly!))

((Edit: Post incoming))

Shrike, omega

Shrike lay hidden behind a boulder at the very back of this cave, listening in on the rest of the pack. Yawning, he lazily rolled over on to his left side, spine resting against the stone, idly watching Max and Aurora. He wasn't happy about hardly ever being called out to join a hunt, but it wasn't like it mattered much to him, either. A lot of the higher-ranking wolves intimidated him and it had been so long since his last team hunt. He might mess up badly enough to be kicked from this pack - the unfortunate fate that had befallen him in his original pack. Nowadays his hunts were uncommon, solitary, usually targeting small game.

Craning his head back as far as he could be bothered, Shrike stole a glance at Midnight. That poor girl, practically run off her feet with the nonsense these past weeks had been throwing at her. He yearned to speak to her, perhaps offer his meagre help to lessen the load on her shoulders a bit, but whenever he even started to approach the alpha, he backed down. Intimidated, he was. Scared of the potential bites, scoldings, maybe even fights. He spoke only when spoken to when it came to alphas.

Feeling the stones under him beginning to press uncomfortably into his thin body, ragged fur not doing an awful lot to protect him from them, he flopped over onto his right and let out a loud sigh, pawing half-heartedly at the ground and preparing to doze away the rest of the day.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Zyke, omega

Zyke awakened with a moan. He lay on his side towards the back of the den, a stick digging into him. He jumped up with an irritated huff. He stretched out with a yawn, his scrawny body making him look very slight and fragile. He was actually strong for such a poor, malnourished wolf. His white fur was knotted and unkempt. He walked over to he entrance, blinking rapidly. The sun had risen considerably, the light of dawn bright compared to the darkness of the den. He noticed Midnight, Ace, and Max nearby, and he shifted nervously. He would never get used to how uncomfortable he felt in their presence. He shrunk down, hunching his shoulders. The bullied omega wasn't prepared for his punishments of the day, though he hoped the other wolves wouldn't notice him. Hopefully they were busy getting ready for the day.

(I'll post Midnight soon. Also, just want everyone to know that the OoC thread is linked in my first post. I will also add the colors for everyone's wolves ASAP. I really want to get that done. I might not have Zykes color be gray, it could just stay black. I saw that their are a few people using it already.)

(Edit: sorry I never had time to do what I said^ I'll get to it tomorrow. )

Edited by EnchantingMiracle

Ace, Subordinate

Ace dipped his head in respect to Midnight, gazing at her with a worried glance as he noticed her matted pelt and drained look. Actually... He began, casting an unsteady glare at Nuntis before turning back to Midnight. ...Harmony left with me awhile ago, and she was out to check the borders, not hunt. If you'd like, maybe you could...erm...Tag along? He asked in a polite -maybe even slightly hopeful- tone. Ace had noticed a familiar twinkle in Nuntis eyes earlier, which often meant she was ready to start something, and Ace didn't want the annoying golden wolf to pester his alpha. If Midnight tagged along, Nuntis could not bother her, after all, Nuntis was well aware of Ace's strength. Ace was sure to seat himself once more after he finished his sentence, dipping his head once more in respect before gazing at Midnight with warm amber eyes. He hoped she wouldn't take his request as an offense, as he was a Subordinate, and she was the alpha, though he did have lots of respect from the other wolves.

Nuntis, Subordinate

Nuntis flattened her ears against her well-built skull as she sulked away from Midnight and her pesky followers. Feh, maybe they'll get lost on the way back... She thought hopefully with her eyes narrowed, gazing at the entrance to see Zyke. She considered him one of her most adoring followers, and had a large amount of respect for him due to this. Raising her tail slightly in a friendly manner, she trotted towards him on nimble paws, her head held high to show her dominance, yet her brown gaze soft.

Zyke, She called out to the omega in a casual tone, quickening her pace to stand in front of him, gazing down at the neglected wolf. Perhaps he could help her come up with a plan. Come with me to the Omega's den, I want to chat with you. Nuntis finished in a quiet bark, turning away from the Omega before he could respond, making her way to the den of the lowest rank. A majority of the pack was sided with her, so she could possibly come up with an ambush plan, perhaps later on in the day. Or if Midnight declined Ace's offer to hunt, Nuntis could gather her followers and attack the Alpha, as she would be outnumbered, since a large amount of her followers would be out of camp, including the Beta.

Avion, Subordinate

Avion was sleeping on his back, with his tongue lolling from his opened mouth. He was snoring softly, his hind leg kicking out slightly as he ended a dream, where he was running about the territory. Eventually, the mud-colored Subordinate awoke, coughing and gagging slightly as he returned his tongue to his mouth, spitting out the dirt that had stuck to his tongue. After his little scene, Avion stretched out slightly, shaking the dirt that stuck to his fluffy pelt and trotting into the open. He spotted Ace, Midnight, and Faolan in the distance, not hearing his name since he had been asleep. If they needed him, they would approach him. He also spotted Nuntis with Zyke, and pricked his ears. He was one of the many followers of Nuntis, but didn't have a deep faith in her like some. His ears angled towards Maxine and Aurora, noticing that something seemed wrong.

Eh, let's figure it out, I need something to do with my lame life. He thought with a simple twitch of his ear, letting out another yawn before making his way over to the pup and Subordinate. Curiosity gleamed in the humorous wolf's eye as he stood before the two. What's up, Maxine, why're you down in the dumps? Avion asked in a plain tone, sitting down in front of the two before lifting a leg and scratching an ear. He hoped he wouldn't get a long sob-story, as he wasn't in too great of a mood for such things. He wasn't very interested in hunting either, as he was still waking up from his nap/dream. Yet the male wolf kept his manners as he gazed politely down at Maxine.

Max smiled a bit at Aurora when she noticed the little pup trying to cheer her up a bit before looking up at Avion when he came over and asked what he did. "Oh I just was remembering my parents but I'll be okay; just a bit sad is all." She then sighed a bit before asking, "Would you like to go patrolling with me later if I decide to go?" She did have a crush on Ace but that didn't mean that she couldn't hang out with the other wolves of their pack even if it was starting to be divided. She sat up slightly and waited for his response to her question. Edited by redfox

Avion shrugged and then simply nodded to Maxine. Sure, I guess. Where to? He asked, suppressing a massive yawn as he spoke. He still didn't understand why Maxine was disappointed in not being chosen to hunt, after all, relaxing was nice. Avion licked his front leg a bit, removing some dirt from it while gazing up expectantly at Maxine. He patiently waited for her response, straightening up and giving his pelt a final, small shake. His fur was slowly rising, fluffing up to keep the young mud-colored wolf warm. Avion wondered how the pack would fend over the Winter, as it was harsh, holding nothing back. He was looking forward to patrolling, as he may find an enemy and finally get some action, showing his pack his strength so he won't seem useless. ((short, on kindle))

As Midnight approached the little group of wolves, Faolan bowed his head in respect to the Alpha female. Even though he had a high rank within the pack, Midnight would always be first in line therefore he would have to show his respect to her.

“As you wish Midnight. I’ll go fetch the other wolves’ now.” replied Faolan as he bounded off to go rally all the other wolves who were requested to join the hunting party.

As he padded away from Ace and Midnight, Faolan was faintly able to hear Ace say that Harmony was unable to join them. If it weren't for his sharp hearing, he would’ve been running around like a weirdo trying to find Harmony. So who was hunting with us again? Oh that’s right! All I need to do I find Avion and Nuntis since Harmony isn’t joining us and Ace is already counted for.

Faolan had no problem with Avion joining them it was only Nuntis who he had a slight dispute with. If she tried anything fishy while out hunting then she better be prepared for a beating. No, Faolan was not being biased since it will be her fault if she places one claw out of line.

Out of the corner of his peripheral vision, Faolan was able to spot the distinct figure of Avion. He veered away from his original course and walked towards the Subordinate who was talking with Maxine and Aurora. Taking another look at Maxine, the female wolf looked really sad about something. Oh! It must’ve been because she wasn’t invited to go hunting. Well she should just suck it up, build a bridge and get over it. We don’t need cry-babies in the pack.

“Avion, Midnight has requested that you join Ace and I as well as Nuntis in a hunting patrol. Ace claimed that he saw some fair game in the woods today and would like to go hunt it, meet him at the entrance while I go find Nuntis.” said Faolan in a voice ringing of authority and power. “Oh and Maxine, if you can’t get over the fact that you weren’t chosen to go hunting then you’ve got a long way to go.” he added in a somewhat nicer tone.

After leaving the group of three, Faolan then tracked down Nuntis’s scent which led him into the Omega’s den. His face wrinkled in disgust at the pitiful site of all the omega’s in the pack lying there without a care in the world. He quickly made his way towards Nuntis who surprisingly was talking to Zyke. I never knew Zyke was on good terms with Nuntis. Maybe they’re secretly going out? Ew, that’d be soo gross. But seriously, why would Nuntis of all places be here? Is Zyke possibly siding with her instead of Midnight? Before Faolan could get lost in a swirling mass of questions, he barged past Zyke, growling at the Omega, and addressed Nuntis without trying to claw her face off.

“Nuntis, Midnight has asked you to go on a hunting trip. Come, whatever you’re doing now can wait until later.”

Without waiting for a reply Faolan briskly padded out of the den and walked back to where the entrance was, hopefully Avion was there by now.

Edited by 0023567467

((Ay yai yai, when did this start!? Oh well, I might as well go ahead and join in... Sorry for any cluelessness!))

Andrai

Andrai was sitting in the corner watching his sister run around. The little pup was so energetic, but he still noticed her barely-limiting limp from the birth defect that nearly cost her life. He always noticed it and was pretty sure he would never not notice it. Kieila was getting big now. Only a few more years and she would be a subordinate... A higher rank than him. He was sort of jealous but didn't care. They would still be together, and with a higher-ranked sister maybe she would... Help him not be bullied. He hoped they would still catch their own prey together. Just then a sudden thought came to his mind. Oh right, if today's hunt isn't good then we're going tonight. I forgot. He scratched the cave's floor with his claws, making shapes. Soon he had a drawing of two wolves- Midnight and Nuntis. He hadn't been there for their sibling rivalry story but knew enough. Then he noticed Maxine, Avion and Aurora talking. He would've joined in the conversation but knew it wasn't for him to talk to them. He knew Aurora didn't like Kieila all that much. He wanted someone to talk to, he wished that Nuntis would talk to him. If it was Midnight instead of Nuntis he and Kieila would still be in the snow, probably dead. He needed a friend. His only real friend was Zyke. Where is he, anyway? I haven't seen him yet.

((Can ya change Kieila's age to 1 human year [=to 5 wolf years approximately] please?))

((Someone go talk to them, I need something to write about. Kieila's would've been a mess, sorry for lack of a center point. First posts are always my struggle.))

Edited by MyaMouse

Shrike grunted in annoyance at a persistent itch spreading around the back of his left ear, unwilling to make the effort to get rid of it. But rubbing it against the ground was doing nothing, and ignorance of course only made it worse. With an exaggerated groan he flipped himself right over onto his feet and attacked the irritated area vigorously with his hind paw for what was probably far too long.

Shaking debris from his fur he slunk out from behind his hiding spot, although remaining close to the cave wall, and sidled up to Andrai. There was definitely tension between Nuntis' and Midnight's followers, but Shrike did his best to ignore that and regularly pestered those on either side. Glancing down at the drawings, then at Andrai, he promptly sat down, staring off towards the cave entrance.

"Hey Andrai!" Throwing a sideways glance in Andrai's direction, the omega grinned broadly.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Before Max could reply to Avion's question about when they could go patrolling, Faolan came by to tell him that he had been chosen to go hunting with him and the rest of the party as well as to tell her that she might have a long way to go if she was disappointed in not being chosen to go hunting. "With all due respect sir I'm not at all disappointed in that and even I was it wouldn't last for as long as you think it would," she said in reply to what the Beta male had told her before getting up and heading over to where Midnight was sitting at the entrance of the cave. "I'm going to patrol the border to make sure that the scent markers are still in place and I'll be back later," she said and before she could wait for a response she was already leaving the cave to do what she had told Midnight that she was going to do and brushing past Ace in the process before sitting down just outside the cave to wait for anyone else that might want to go with her. She was determined to prove Faolan wrong in what he thought of her as well as all the other wolves in the pack that might think less of her; she hoped Ace wasn't one of them. Although she sided with Nuntis, she still wanted to let all her pack mates know that she was loyal to them and that she could do anything without being told even if the leader didn't give her permission to do what she wanted to do.

((edit 1: just realized that the word I wanted to be "scent" was "want" instead *facepalm*. posted it on my kindle and it must've chanced the words

edit 2: decided to have her just be outside the cave instead of her just flat out leaving like I had her do before even if that part wasn't as clear as I thought I put it))

Edited by redfox

Torak

He didn't hear Nuntis the first time. After pausing and turning his head to see the three stares of the wolves he scrambled to his feet. "Whatever. He probably can"t even catch a rabbit if he went hunting. Better to bring him along," Orion muttered, glaring at his brother. She had never forgiven him, he was away for so long. He never knew the pain she felt during that time. And especially when he returned with a pup... After receiving a harsh confirmation that he could go with the patrol, he carefully padded towards the group, his head dipped low. He didn't know what to expect, and he could feel the burning gaze of his sister boring into his skull. Torak made his way to the other side of the patrol, as far as he could get from Orion.

((There is meant to be an intro post here, was deleted. Will be rewritten soon. Torak : #8A4117, Orion : #461B7E))

Edited by Tiga

((Is it alright if Ace gives the killing bite to the deer? After all, he's the one who found it... (: ))

Nuntis, Subordinate

Nuntis narrowed her eyes at Faolan as he left, noticing that two of her followers were going on a patrol to check out the borders. The hunting party was full as it is, and they didn't need her, as Midnight may be going. She turned back to Zyke with a simple flick of her ear. We'll discuss later, after I return. The golden wolf barked simply, marching from the Omega den and approaching Maxine and Orion. Nuntis dipped her head in greetings to her followers, keeping her gaze warm and calm.

If you two don't mind, I'd be happy to join your little patrol, as the hunting party shouldn't need me...They're full as is, and it shouldn't take a whole bunch of wolves to take down a simple deer. I'd rather keep our borders safe from intruders. By that, she meant welcome them in as followers. Casting Midnight a cold glare, she stood tall beside her followers, showing that she would do anything in her power to keep them safe. She was fit to be alpha, after all, and planned to be the alpha soon. Nuntis wouldn't discuss her plans on the patrol unless her followers asked her, as she found it disrespectful to discuss such plans with the beta female without being asked. She did respect Orion after all, seeing her as an equal. If Nuntis ever did become alpha, she would keep Orion as her beta female, but she didn't know about Faolan. Perhaps she could brain-wash him to follow her instead of Midnight? If she spread rumors about Midnight, that could give Midnight fewer followers if they were bad enough, but she had no interest in doing so at the moment.

Ace, Subordinate

As Maxine brushed past him, Ace remained still and focused, as if a wolf hadn't just given him an affectionate gesture. He was in front of his alpha at the moment, and would prove himself worthy to her by remaining focused on the discussion of hunting. He patiently waited her reply, hoping for a simple "yes" so they could leave on their hunt. He didn't want any trouble or drama, the subordinate simply wanted to go on the hunt, and catch the deer for his packmates so they wouldn't starve. Ace did consider Midnight a friend deep down, he occasionally talked with her, and wanted to get to know her. With a twitch of his ear, Ace turned his head towards Avion with an anxious gaze, wanting the other Subordinate to hurry up and get his tail over to the group so they could leave and hunt, after Midnight's response, of course.

I hope she doesn't take my offer offensively, she has been working hard by the looks of it. If she does not wish to go, that's fine with me, I just hope she does... Ace thought, shifting slight from where he sat, his black-and-silver pelt well-groomed, but not glossy. As usually, it was slightly fluffy, his tail wrapped firmly around his massive paws.

Avion, Subordinate

Realizing that he was typically late, Avion quickly rose to his paws and dipped his head in apology to Faolan. My apologizes, I've just awoken from a deep sleep, and will join the patrol ASAP. Avion spoke in a steady voice, shaking out his mud-colored pelt before approaching Ace in a quick pace, eying the other Subordinate in a sharp gaze. He still didn't trust Ace, in fact, he didn't trust a majority of the pack. Any of the wolves beside him could've been the murderer of his littermates, even Midnight could've been the murderer. But Avion kept his pelt flat and sat down quite a distance away from Ace, looking away from the flecked wolf, though he could feel his confused gaze burning into his very flesh.

Harmony, Subordinate

Harmony rose to her paws once more, stretching out her hind legs and letting out a large yawn. She gazed up at the slowly-lighting sky, watching the dull sun reflect on the river. With a small shrug, the reddish wolf approached the churning water to see her reflection gazing calmly back at her. She saw a flash of silver in the water, and discovered a fish struggling up stream in the chilly water. In her (so far) short life, Harmony had never caught a fish, as she considered it dangerous, though she was fairly fond of water. The fish before her was salmon, but it was fairly young, but it would take up space in a wolf's body. Leaning over the freezing, splashing stream, Harmony could feel her mouth watering, though she felt a bit nervous.

Let's give this a try...Food is food, yes? Harmony quickly plunged her head into the river, its chilly water engulfing her head. Her jaws quickly parted, and she fastened her fangs into the back of the salmon. She quickly jerked her head up, lifting the fish into the air and backing away from the cold water. The salmon flopped worthlessly in Harmony's strong jaws, blood trickling over it's scaly body. It eventually gave up, slowly going limp in her jaws. Once it died, Harmony carefully placed it on the ground, and eyed the stream once more. Not half bad...If I can find some more, I can feed a few wolves and prove myself worthy to my packmates. She shook her now soaked and matted head to remove some water from it, her ears slowly stinging from the cold. She licked her chops clean of blood, approaching the water once more. Spotting yet another salmon, Harmony dove her head into the water in a flash, gripping the squirmy creature and biting down hard on it. She pulled it out of the water like the last, placing it on the ground with a delicate paw over it to hold it in place as it slowly suffocated.

Max looked at Orion when she heard what she said to Midnight about joining her on her patrol and then had her attention go to Nuntis when she requested of both her and Orion if she could join them. "Sure Nuntis I don't see why you can't join us," she said in reply with a small nod in her direction. She then also had her attention be back on Midnight to see what she would say. She had just walked passed the alpha earlier but since the other two were waiting for Midnight to say something, then she'd wait since she didn't want to go without them.

((Sure Mia! I’m fine with Ace killing the deer smile.gif))

Faolan watched as Nuntis decided to go join Orion and Max for border patrol instead of following her Alpha’s instructions and joining him and the others on a hunting trip. He narrowed his topaz eyes at the golden wolf, not trusting her one bit.

Tch, Nuntis can go disobey Midnight’s orders for all I care (sense the sarcasm here). I wonder what her motives are for going on border patrol since that sorry excuse of ‘the hunting party shouldn't need me...They're full as is’ is totally untrue. There were originally supposed to be five wolves going, not three.

“Midnight, it seems that Nuntis has opted to go with the border patrol group instead. If that’s the case then the hunting party is ready to go, that is if you would like to join us as Ace has already suggested.” Faolan told with respect.

((Sorry for short reply, I’m kind of suffering from writers block))

Nuntis, Subordinate

Nuntis gave Maxine a curt nod in return, sitting down gently and flicking her tail. Where do you two plan to go? I suggest the river/stream, there's often activity down there. She barked softly, her brown eyes sparking with energy. She was really in the mood to run, in fact, she was itching for a fight. She couldn't wait to get under Midnight's skin, perhaps she could even overthrow her this time. Ah, the things that she would do if she could. Nuntis would make the pack strong once more, and make sure their bellies were always full. Even the Omegas would have full, extended bellies under her rule! Hopefully they'd fine new wolves willing to join during the patrol, that way, Nuntis could gain more followers.

Harmony, Subordinate

Looking down at her catches, Harmony suddenly felt rather proud of herself. She would return to her pack soon, just after she finished up catching some more salmon, if she could find anymore. She slowly paced the riverbank, her ears pricked and eyes lashing over the splashing water. She had to wait quite some time before finally spotting yet another salmon. It was fast, flashing its silver sides at Harmony, struggling in the tough current. Harmony struck out at it, struggling to fasten her jaws around its slippery body, but it managed to wriggle out of her grasp. Harmony gasped as she pulled her head out of the water, taking in the cool air before sighing in disappointment.

That won't happen again...I will catch the next one, the more prey, the better! Harmony thought with a small frown, slowly trotting alongside the slipper riverbank once more, her tail low. Her reddish fur was fluffed up against the cold, her cute black nose slowly going numb from the cold icy water, mixed with the bone-chilling winds. Harmony raised a front paw, rubbing it over her nose before placing it on the ground once more, shivering slightly.

Orion

Orion watched Nuntis' behaviour, the way she was so confident, almost rude to the aloha. Nuntis was one of the wolves that she told her about her siding, but honestly, she didnt care if the whole pack knew now. It would just be weird for the beta to join Nuntis, everyone was expecting her to join Midnight, like Faolan. "Sure the river sounds good. As you said, Nuntis, some sort of prey is always there," Orion agreed. She glanced at Maxine, then to Midnight. Would the alpha approve of the group going out together?

((Short post, breakfast, sorry))

((my earlier post was short too but it looked longer than it actually was when I typed it out in here))

Max listened to Nuntis' suggestion of where they could go and nodded in agreement before saying verbally in reply after Orion, "I agree. That would be an excellent place to go to." She looked beyond them to Aurora and figured that she'd be fine while she was gone although she wasn't her responsibility but she was sort of a sister figure for the young pup since she didn't have family anymore. She figured that the little pup would find someone to play with or also something to do, like sleep, so she wouldn't be bored. She then looked back at the two pack-mates that she would be patrolling with soon.

((I'm guessing that EM's gone))

Midnight, Alpha Female

The Alpha Female hesitated for a second as she listened to Ace's question. It was quite a bold move to ask her to join, since he was a Subordinate, but he was higher in the ranks than most of his fellow Subordinates. Midnight gazed the handsome black-and-silver male wolf in the eyes for a second, holding his gaze calmly to show her dominance, making him dip his head slightly to show his respect. Alright, She decided with a soft sigh, straightening up a bit before giving a small nod to Ace and the others who were to hunt. I'm willing to tag along, as long as we get this thing done quickly. She spoke quickly, not wanting to show her exhaustion from her earlier run. As Faolan approached them once more, she gazed at him in a questioning glance, wondering what he had to say. As he explained her sister's decision, Midnight had to hold back a snarl. Of course, her sister wasn't going to listen, as Nuntis despised Midnight, and there were quite a few of her followers on the hunting patrol.

Fine, let her go. Thank you for trying to gather her and assembling the rest of the asked wolves. I will tag along, since I was asked and my sister will be absent in this hunting party. If that is all, let's head out, the meal that Ace spotted may be on the move. Midnight told Faolan with a nod, turning towards the exit with a soft sigh. Ace's question and calm voice still rang in the Alpha's mind. Why did he want her to go along?

Ace, Subordinate

When Mdinight agreed to tag along, joy swam in Ace's body and heart. He then paused, gazing at the entrance after glancing at Midnight. Why did he feel so happy to have her come along? It would be a big mistake to ask Midnight to join a hunting party for most wolves, as it would mean scoldings and nips. Maybe he just wanted to be her friend. Shrugging off his confusing and random feelings, Ace rose to his paws, awaiting the okay to head out. He stood beside Midnight, towering over the Alpha Female, but keeping his head low to show her that he respected her, and was a lower rank.

Nuntis, Subordinate

Nuntis nodded at the two with a smile, he tail wagging slightly to show her joy. Good, are you two ready to head out, or do you guys want to assemble a few more wolves? She asked in a respectful tone, her gaze drifting over to Midnight. She narrowed her eyes at her beloved (hence the sarcasm) sister, and was pleased to find out that she was leaving as well. And it seemed like there was no trouble for Nuntis, which did disappoint her a tiny bit. I believe Harmony set out to the river earlier today, we could pick her up and take her back. She's probably fishing, she loves the water, though she's never fished in her life. Nuntis added with a small flick of her long tail.

((Some lame posts...Should we take an Omega along, they aren't doing much? I plan to have Harmony fall into the water. >:) ))

((Sure if you want an omega, you could take Torak. Could spark tension between the siblings.))

Orion

Orion watched the alpha almost struggle with her duties. She had to answer to so many wolves. After taking the decision to let the patrol go to the borders, she decided to leave for the hunting patrol. Another reason why she shouldn't be alpha. The hunting patrol clearly didn't need her, you always need an alpha, or beta at camp, just in case any attacks come, and to make sure the wolves don't run riot.

The beta stretched her legs, and opened her jaws and grinning, almost like a pup. "Yep, that sounds good. To the stream, we can bring Harmony back," Orion agreed.

((Sure, there's going to be some lone wolf attacking Harmony, and she'll fall in the river))

Nuntis, Subordinate

Nuntis gave the beta a small nod, gazing over her shoulder to see Torak leaving the Omega den. He could go along with them, but it would bring tension between Orion and her brother...But it wasn't like they had to walk side by side and talk to each other. Torak, you need something to do by the looks of it. You're coming with us, don't argue or bicker with your sister, she's beta and has enough on her plate. Nuntis called, giving the beta female an apologetic look. Unless you wouldn't like him to tag along, then he can hunt with the rest, she added, dipping her head respectfully to Orion.

Max just nodded in agreement to everything that both Nuntis and Orion said. She would have said the same exact thing that Orion said so that's why she hadn't said anything earlier and just nodded. She looked over at Torak when Nuntis did and waited patiently for him to join them but was also shooting the beta a sympathetic look. She didn't have siblings herself, except for Aurora, but she didn't have any quarrels with the young pup that might start talking soon so she didn't have any experience with having sibling problems like the other two seemed to have. I'll have to ask her later what that's like, she thought to herself as she continued to sit a bit inside the cave as well as outside and wait for them to head out on their border patrol.