cattygal210

The Lab

(( Eifah's sheet is now page 25, wanted to put this before i want to bed. I will post tomorrow.))

April growled, "how am i supposed to believe you after you nearly killed me??? Whats changed??" She had a serious look on her face. She wanted to trust.

Max frowned. "Its too late to save her.. I saw them brainwash her.." He sighed.

Sierra slowly started to come to. She heard keins voice and reached for him

Eifah laughed hysterically at the statement Starla had said.

"Me a rab rat... you are joking right," said Eifah, as he showed her his mark of the Legion on his right arm.

Eifah still continued to give off intense heat, for he had to wake up Poppy. Eifah than summoned his flames around him, as if they were devouring him. His will was wanting to burn anything, but show that he meant business. Eifah was not going to let nothing stop him, for there is a job to be done.

"Wake up Poppy now, or burn. For I have a job offer, for the both of you and can pay you both handsomely," said Eifah, smiling inside his flames.

"All I ask is for your guys help, and the money is yours, but we really can't talk about it since she is well you know," Eifah said as his flames vanished.

He pointed in the direction of Poppy lying silently on the couch. Knowing they Poppy might want to hear want he has to offer.

"So your choice, wake her up or lose out on what I have to offer?" said Eifah grinning sadistically.

For he knew that Poppy would love what he had to offer, and so would Starla. Everything he had planed was coming together, for he stopped the intense heat, waiting for an answer.

Kein saw Sierra come to, and slowly got up from being on the ground. Hearing what, April, had said he started to think now how to show her. What was he to do, and how was he to show her. Kein could only think of one thing, to show her. Taking April's hand , Kein, showing her through his flames what all was going on inside off him. Showing April the war that was rampaging in him, and taring him apart. Not only all of that, but the moments of when he was inside the dragon.

Now, the showing her the calmness inside of him, and that he was back.

"I am sorry April, truly. When i was inside the dragon I was weak, and his will stronger than my own. Seeing both you and Sierra in the snow woke me," said Kein, as pulled back his sleeve.

He pulled it back to reveal the stab wound, from when he stabbed himself. Kein fell silent when he pulled back his sleeve, for he remembered it all. The feelings of watching the ones he loved almost die, and the feeling of being helpless. He looked over Sierra with eyes of pain, then turned to April showing her as well.

Edited by HellFireSouLess

Phill sighed lifting up max "then what do you want to do?"

Matt sat down in the kitchen yawning. He as tired from his walk and decided that a nap couldn't hurt. He closed his eyes relaxing himself as sweet dreams came to him. He was dreaming about april and max and all the others, they were in a truly safe place able to live and not have to constantly move. In the dream the plants didn't bother him and he could control them.

(((Not to be picky but how does Eifah know Poppy and Starla? Poppy isn't friendly with anyone from the lab except for Starla and they only meet a short while ago)))

Poppy was learning a lot about the girl she was invading. She learned that this girl was an experiment. Her name was Sierra. She had a thing with some guy named Kein. She even learned the names of the other experiments traveling with her. This was fantastic. A huge payday for her and her new partner. Well as long as her new partner listened to her and didn't try to stab her in the back. She really didn't want to put her in a coma and dump her in the lake. It has to be getting full out there. She was jolted from her front row seat in the memory theatre when the entire dream shook. Poppy cursed, Sierra must be waking up and kicking her from her dream. Oh well, Poppy got enough information to find them anyway. She pushed off from the movie seat she was sitting in and the slideshow of pictures faded away. She allowed herself to drift out of the sleeping girl's dream and back into the world of the waking.

Fire. She smelled fire. She felt fire. Her house was on fire. She opened her eyes to find just to find that she was half right. Some guy she didn't recognize was standing with his back to her and squaring off with Starla. About a five foot radius around the guy was scorched. A black spot of smoke damage and melted paint stood out on her usually white ceiling. The carpet below his feet was melted, causing the entire room to reek of burnt plastic. A uncomfortable burning in her right leg told her that she was also burned but the heat coming from this guy. Carefully Poppy felt down her body for the holster strapped to her hip. Her Ruger LCR revolver was still strapped snugly to her hip. She undid the clasp and leveled the gun at the man with an audible click. She caught the eye of Starla and jerked her head at the man, "So Starla. Who is this dickhole?", she asked, swinging her legs over the edge of the couch and raising to her feet, "Because I see a creepy dude that broke into a woman's home while she was sleeping and tried to burn us to death". She moved in a wide arc until she was on the same plane as Starla, ten feet apart with her back to the back door. Just in case they needed to make a quick get away. Something was vaguely familiar about this guy, something about his face, "Hey! Aren't you that Kein guy?", she asked. She was sure of it, she had spent that last dream time hour looking through that Sierra chick's mind and most of her short term was about this guy. What was he doing here though? Especially in her house.

(((Sorry Voltage. I'm assuming you wanted Poppy to jump into Matt's dream But Hellfire started something first)))

Edited by padfoot

"A job offer, huh?" Starla muttered, an eyebrow cocked with interest. More money was definitely what they needed, but who was to say they could trust Mister Breaking-And-Entering over here? She wasn't quite sure she, or Poppy for that matter, were quite desperate enough for that quite yet.

Starla stiffened as Poppy stirred, standing up to counter the stranger on her own. "You hear that, Pops?" Starla called. "He's interested in hiring out our particular services". She casted another wary look at the stranger. Of course he was kind of creepy, but she couldn't say she wasn't interested... besides, if worst came to roost, they could always warp out of dodge.

Starla peeked around the strangers shoulder to shoot Poppy a lost look, tossing a shrug of her shoulders with the gesture. She didn't suppose there was much harm in hearing him out, and she had to admit her ears had pricked at the words "pay" and "handsomely"....

Poppy rolled her eyes. She had heard enough from their home invader about this so called "Job". All he had been doing was ramble about vengeance and his superiority over his clone daddy. Poppy didn't care and from the long yawns coming from Starla, she had enough too. She looked at Eifah, "Sorry champ, No deal." She said with a glance at Starla, "We gotta split". Poppy spread her arms as if she was asking Starla for a hug.

"Oh thank god" Starla mumbled under her breath, catching the pointedly bored roll of Poppy's eyes. Money was good, she supposed, and vengeance cash was even better if it was plentiful; but no amount of money could convince her to sit and play dog to a raving lunatic.

Starla smirked as Poppy threw her arms open, and her grin compressed and stretched; fizzling out of visible existence with the rest of the brightly dressed girl. A millisecond later, Starla reappeared, body stretched out in midair for just a brief moment as she snagged her partner; arms clamping around the girls' middle in a tight hug before both girls disappeared once more.

Not even a whisper remained with the cloned stranger, who found himself standing quite suddenly ,yet absolutely, alone.

------------

If Starla could have had the physical form to yell, to whoop and crow with excitement, she would have. Lightjamming alone was awesome, a breakneck experience of rocketing forward even as time seemed to slow and yawn behind her.... but jamming with another being was a thrill she hadn't expected. It was like being a pixie colored jet in a worldwide playground; buildings, people, landscapes all stood in slow quicksand-warped movements as the two mutants tore across the lake behind Poppys' house and into the next town; skimming over miles of trees in seconds.

Starla kept a watchful eye, however..... lightjamming with another person wasn't something she'd ever done before, and it wasn't as though you could just google "Is my friend gonna die if I turn us both into light waves?". It was whatever, though, she and Poppy weren't fused, and the girl wasn't likely to wink out of existence or anything like that.... (she was, however, likely stuck as a collection of waves until Starla helped her reassemble herself, but that was another story for another time, Starla thought, bemused).

((Hey, guys. Can I join?

Also, how fast does this go? I can only post in the mornings and evenings. If y'all would slow it just a little so I can keep up (if necessary off), I could happily be an extra experiment or two! (Or three, or four, or five... You get the picture.)

Just wondering if this was still open, and if you'd like a new member.))

Well currently the rp is going at about a post per month.

Everyone kinda dropped out after it stopped going somewhere. "sandboxes" tend to do that.

BUT, myself and Child are still around and (at least I am) willing to start something new since I love my character.

Raven needs some developing. I want to fix up her personality, so, I'd be willing to continue as well. I was going to try bringing back The Experiments. I just haven't had the time to sit down and invest in the back story like I want to...

Catty goes through phases of no activity so maybe this thread can be practice?

I still have my experiment hunting character and I think Roland does too, cat and mouse is a good plot.

I dropped out because i got lost and had nowhere to bring in my character, if this starts getting active or at least i can find a way to bring my character back in i wouldn't mind doing so.

((My chars! I'll make two for the moment.

Name: Mia

Nickname: Mia (too short to nickname)

For/Against Dark Legion: Doesn't care exactly, but likes them for her powers and for feeding her etc.

Powers/Special Abilities: She can turn into a peregrine falcon, a fox, and an otter. (not at the same time of course! xd.png)

History: She was captured at five, and they gave her some weird stuff. She then found a peregrine falcon, a fox, and an otter in turn while she was outside. She nursed them a bit, but they died and the nights they died she woke up as them. She was surprised, but accepted it. A few years later she found a mouse and brought it back, and the mouse died too, but she didn't gain the new form. She's always been reasonably happy, and she doesn't remember her real family.

Personality: Mia is sweet and caring, but she doesn't cry. If the animal she's nursed dies, she'll bury it, but not a tear will fall. She just doesn't get sad, not really. Other than that, she's a little naive and quite playful, but can be serious if the need arises.

Other: It's unknown whether not getting sad is just her or a side effect of the stuff she was given. She doesn't care, not really.

Looks: Mia is fairly tall, with long blonde hair that never stays neat, fair skin, and blue eyes.

As a peregrine, she is a light golden-sandy colour on her back with freckles of brown and black, and she has a grey underbelly. Her eyes are amber, but with a hint of blue.

As a fox, Mia is also a light sandy colour, because she's a Fennec fox. Her long, sandy tail is tipped with black, but a hint of maroon comes between the sandy and the black. Her eyes are green, again with a blue highlight. She has a white sock on one forefoot.

As an otter, her fur is brown and water-resistant. She has black paws, webbed at the back and mostly-not-webbed at the front. Her black nose is surrounded by a fine net of thin, black whiskers. She has a thin, furry tail that is also brown, like the rest of her fur. Her eyes are brown, with another hint of blue. She has a slightly lighter fur colour on her belly than her back.

Name: Zeditha

Nickname: Zed if she's in a good mood, Raven if you want her to bite you or spit acid in your face.

For/Against Dark Legion: Against it, firmly.

Powers/Special Abilities: She has been transformed, permanently, into a vague imitation of a ravaen. She can fly, and has sharp claws. Also she is immortal, or at least has a far longer lifespan that a normal human. Also, she can spit a nasty, acid-like venom that burns like a chilli where it touches you. Does little actual damage, but hurts like hell.

History: One of the earliest 'recruits' of the Dark Legion, Zeditha was captured when she was roughly twenty, maybe a little older. She was strapped down and injected with something vile-looking, which was supposed to turn her into a raven. However, the transformation was crude, leaving her sleek black body with nasty lumps where her arms should have been, and a slightly odd-shaped head. She was kept in a cage on her own for a long time, but has recently been moved to where the others are.

Personality: Zeditha is very bitter about her transformation, and often tried to escape, bite and claw her captors, and talk them into letting her go. She just wants to escape, and become a raven fully, but she also wants the Dark Legion to be put to justice for their crimes. She's rather self-centered, but will help someone else if it isn't detremental in any way to herself. She's learned not to attack people on sight any more, which is why she's been transferred from her solitary cage. She still tends to hiss if someone comes near, though she masks it a little when it's a scientist. She hisses loudly when they've left, and tends to spit venom at the floor.

Other: If Zeditha is let outside with free access to the air, she'll fly away for good. She's trying to get the scientists to let her do just that.

Looks: Zeditha has the general shape of a raven, but there are two lumps where her human arms used to he, and her head is slightly oddly-shaped. Her eyes are green, but still have a tiny hint of the brown they used to be. Her feathers look black from a distance, but looking closer, they are mostly very dark blue, with some dark purple feathers and some brown ones. Despite having a beak, she can speak english. Her wings show signs of multiple clippings, results of her failed escapes, but they have grown back slowly and she can fly again. She pretends she can't fly very well, though, only fluttering onto tables if necessary and always using clawholds.

There they are! If you's like me to put them anywhere else, just ask.))

((she doesn't like being called Raven. It's what she looks almost like, and she sees it as mocking. Basically, call her that, you'll hurt.))

Having her body obliterated and converted into light waves was not the most comfortable feeling she had ever experienced. In fact, it was the most unpleasant thing she had experienced to date. It was like dieing, suddenly not having a body and being hurled through the air at a speed she couldn't even comprehend. All along, Starla was whooping and hollering from somewhere around her. It was hard to tell which way was up, let alone which light particle was asking her if she was having a good time. Realizing that since they were traveling at the speed of light and there was no way sound waves could travel between them, Poppy assumed that she was tapped into Starla consciousness.

There! Touch us down on that beach She said inside their heads. It wasn't like that clone fellow was going to follow them. Poppy was confident that he couldn't considering they were traveling as fast as the fastest thing in the universe. She was honestly just ready to be solid again.

(((No formalities. Just start playing and we'll see how it goes)))

(((The majority of the experiments already escaped on, like, the third page so there isn't anyone left in the facility to interact with)))

Edited by padfoot

((So...What have I missed?

I dropped my first character, so Siren's my only one left...

Uh.

What's happening?))

(((nothing currently. you can do whatever you want. Fresh start. New characters. New plot(?) whatever you want)))

Phill was walking around the forest, he had decided to go his own way for now. He was relatively lost and though the sunglasses helped the sun still slightly bothered his eyesight. He saw a beach and decided that maybe there was a good place to hide from the scientists. He slowly walked towards it an empty cantine in his hands and a large stick which could be used as a weapon or walking stick. He was unsure what to do just wanting to rest and have a drink though he hadd no clue where to get clean water or how to make the water from this beach drinkable just in case it wasn't, he had no clue if it was or not and wasn't going to take any chances.

((Alrighty, time to whip out a fresh new character then. And Siren, because I like Siren.

Name: Dylan Wiiher (pronounced Wier)

Nickname: Dwilius

For/Against Dark Legion: Against

Powers/Special Abilities:

- can bend another's emotions to his preference

- can influence another's choices when in close range

- This works especially well in crowds, where he can effectively create a mob in seconds

History: Like many others, the past remains one topic he chooses to keep to himself. Through careful tips in the right direction, he was deemed "useless" by the Legion and thrown out. Although he was provided with food and shelter with the legion, he much preferred like by himself. Dwilius now lives as a street rat, picking pockets and causing trouble.

Personality: Dwilius learned pretty quickly that live didn't give handouts to people like him. It seemed he was destined to be a vagrant, ever since he left his home with the legion. Because of this, he's a pretty shrewd kid. Thanks to his 'talents', he knows his way around a word or two and can easily tip a situation to his favor. Tricky to deal with and impossibly secretive, most people don't waste their time with him.

Other:

Looks: Dwilius has always appeared as sickly. His skin is an ashen color, and his eyes are a warm purple. In general, the boy is scrawny and thin, though average in height. Dark circles seem permanently stained beneath his eyes, given him an almost sunken look. Other than this, he has a mop of curly black hair that stops at about his ears. His clothes are worn and tattered, as he is homeless and all, and he usually goes barefoot. Not by choice, but you know.))

((poppy and starla disintegrated into light... besides that? Nothing. : /)

"tch" Starla thought. "Did someone forget to take her Dramamine?" It was a lame joke, but given how often Poppy walked into her dreams just to irritate her; it still brought a certain level of satisfaction to the blue-haired girl.

She guessed light streaking wasn't everybodys' thing. She'd touch down, materialize them both, and make fun of Poppy over a campfire dinner.

Starla zeroed in on the lakeside shore, banking left to the sound of Poppy's relieved sigh . Given their speed, a normal person would have no sense of direction; most likely simply finding themselves in first one place and then the next . Starla, however, watched their descent surely, materializing in a pop of pink hair and limbs to hit the sand; furrowing deeply with the speed of impact.

"****!" Starla cried, spitting sand and mud. "I should've brought us down slower..." Scrubbing sand and grit from her face, Starla painfully cracked one eye open. "Poppy? You alright?"

Nothing. The beach sat empty, save for Starla and a single fat woodchuck whom looked disapprovingly from the forest treeline.

"Poppy? POPPY?!!"

Starla whipped around, digging at the burrow-like hole she'd hauled herself out of. Was she still in there? Had she been knocked out? Crushed?

Nothing but cold sand and rock.

Starla choked back a sob, sitting back on her haunches. She hadn't re-materialized her. She'd been so cocky, sure she could separate them both, just like she'd done with the cash register. Starla held her head in her hands, fingers working through her....pink.... hair?

When had that happened?

Did she steal it?

Did that mean Poppy was still there?

Poppy? Starla thought, concentrating hard. Are you in there?

Edited by ChildeRolande

(((There is no "accepted". You make a character and it's auto accepted)))

Poppy felt....strange. She remembered the beach coming into view impossibly fast, a flash of light, then...nothing. It wasn't too unlike the nothing she felt when she was dream jumping but while that was full of color and sound this was....empty. the landscape she occupied was black, so inky black she was unsure if her eyes were even open or not. It was so cold and quiet and absolute. She tried to call up a image of her home. Nothing. Any attempt in creating a dreamscape was a dud. She began to panic, the kind of panic that caused a lump to rise in her throat and quicken her breath to scared gasps. Something bad happened and now she was dead.

"Poppy?"

Was that Starla?

"POPPY!?!"

censorkip.gif that was Starla. Her voice rang out in her head, seeming to come from every direction,

"Poppy? Are you in there?"

Thoughts. Subconscious. Sanctuary from the void she had been floating in. Starla's thoughts blazed a trail like a row of fireflies. With something to aim for, Poppy shot forward to follow the trail.

Hang on Starla. I'm coming she thought, hoping her partner can hear her.

What felt like eons passed before Poppy felt the familiar detachment of being in someone else's mind. With all the quanta at her disposal, she tapped into the optic section of the brain. A "live feed" from Starla's perspective, she was staring at Poppy's pink hair in her hands. That's weird she thought. Using her powers, she conjured a drop down mic like she sees announcers for WWE use. She tapped on the receiver out of habit, "Starla! Starla censorkip.gif! What happened?" She said in Starla's place, "Am I dead. Where am I? Where is my body? I know it's still around, I can feel it.. Saying that Poppy was scared was an understatement. She was barely able to keep the small things she conjured intact with her wavering constitution.

Edited by padfoot