cattygal210

The Lab

He per red over the corner of the house seeing a girl and some one named matt come out " Wonder were there going?"jewelry moved back around the corner to the back of the house pricking his finger with his pocket knife making a densely packed ball of blood. Of he fired this this it be like a bullet shoot with out all the noise. He didn't know anything about these guys better safe then sorry right.

Kein was still in tremendous pain shaking on the floor. He heard Sierra's words of worry towards him.

"I do... not know... Sierra please... make it... stop." said Kein hoping she could.

He did not know where his pain was coming form or why. Trying to figure out another surge flowed through him. The surges were just getting stronger and stronger. So taht he could not get use to the pain. This time he tried to home in the center of where the pain was coming from. He tried to focus as best he could. Yet all he got was the area of the pain, not the actual point.

"Somewhere... in between my shoulders... is where the pain is coming from," said Kein cringing in pain.

In this moment Kein laid his life into Sierra's hands. For if she could not save him, he would died. The pain was starting to kill him. Surges of electricity was starting to course through him. Again Kein was fighting for his life, while laying in the hands of others. Yet, the hand he placed it was in, the one he loved.

Edited by HellFireSouLess

Phill walked into the forest a little deeper as he had lost max's scent but caught many unfamiliar scents the further he walked. He tried to connect to max's mind hoping that he would be able to to check where he is, phill wanted to play ball now that dinner was done.

Matt walked outside with april and cuddled against her arm. His plants would still try to attatch to him but since he was calm they didn't do it as much.

He walked out into the open " So you're the ones causing all this ruckus with those lab jerks I thought there would be more."he said keeping his hand faced backwards so they couldn't see his orb " I'm john by the way don't worry I'm a free agent I don't work with anyone especially those lab jerks. "

(Who is john talking to?)

Sierra quickly placed her hand over his shoulder. She immediately began the healing process. She feared for Kein, not knowing what was attacking him.

April smiled as she felt some of the plants brush against her leg. It tickled her and she was very ticklish. She bursted out laughing.

Max had infiltrated the Lab. He stayed hidden as he watched where they were taking the lady. He coud hear screams of experiments and the sound of tbeir cages rattling. Chills sent down his spine. He soon realized he was in way over his head. He went into a state of panic as he realized he wanted to go back. "Phill where are you, I'm scared?" He sent him in a mind message. He knew he couldn't get out alone.

(they are walking the forest i thought)

Phill heard thee message and relaxed closing his eyes and focusing on his sense of smell picking up max's scent running towards it. He was outside within a minute "i am right outside the building how did you get in there i need to know where you are."

Matt chuckled and tsked the plants as they tried tickling her more. He looked up at her smiling "this is nice"

Kein felt a soothing hand, it was Sierra. She was using her power to heal him, now was his chance. To find the point of the pain and have Sierra sooth it even more. Closing his eyes he tried to pin point the true location of the pain. Going from head to toe, he found it. A chip that was attached to his spine. That was why it was so hard for him to find the location. For it was connected to his nerve system.

"Sierra... a chip is connected to my spine... you most remove it or the pain will not end. You have to be careful... it has connected you a nerve as well. Sierra I believe in you," said Kein as his eyes slowly began to close.

Then out of no where, a sharp intense pain surged through him. He screamed out in total pain. His voice echoed through the house and then to all outside. His voice sounded as a wounded man unable to bare the pain. Silence then fell, for Kein was now unconscious, unable to speak or doing anything. If that chip was not removed soon, silence will be the only thing anyone would hear from Kein.

Max was booking it as he headed outside to Phill. He grabbed his hand as they ran towards the safehouse. One of the guards has spotted them. "No time to explain, lets go!"

Sierra used her powers to locate the chip. It was metal and easy to tell from his blood. She closed her eyes to focus. She felt the metal and moved it with her powers. She felt the chip as she moved it through the bloodstream. She maneuvered it through his body and the chip came out of his mouth. Sierra crushed the chip immediately before grabbing the wall for support. It took a lot of energy.

April giggled . "Yea it is. Should we get back?"

Kein opened his eyes to see Sierra weak from helping. Feeling to weak to move at all, from what had transpired. He was glad that the pain was gone.

"Thank you Sierra, for you saved my life," said Kein, as he tried to raise his hand.

His hand would not move, for he was to weak. Kein began to use his sheer will to move his hand. For he wanted to show Sierra that he was ok. Raising his hand he placed it on her cheek.

"I am fine now, my love," said Kein reassuring her.

Kein then realized he was going to need April to heal them both. Yet, for all that happened would she help them. Kein was thinking about the bad things he had done. Hoping that April would hear his words, as he sent this message.

"April my sister, I need your help. I know that I have been the best big brother. I know that, I almost tried to kill you, but that was not me. It was the darkness that father placed inside of me. For inside of me was a war zone between light and darkness. Light has won the war inside me. Yet, when that happened, a chip inside of me activated sending tremendous amounts of pain throughout my body. For our father placed in me. If there was no more light or dark it would activate. Since the darkness is gone from me. Sierra had removed the chip. We both need healing, April. Please help, Sierra at least. I know that I do not deserve your help, after everything that i have done. I beg you please help," said Kein to April.

Phill lifted max in his arms and ran as fast as he could getting close to the safe house in a matter of minutes stopping a little bit away setting max down. "explain to me now."

Matt nodded as he looked up into the sky enjoying the sunlight as it seemed to rejuvinate him

April took Matts hand and ran for the safe house. "Cmon, Kein needs our help! " she didn't know why she wanted to help him after he almost tried killing her.

Max gasped for air. "There was....girl....i tried saving her....and then the guards....saw me...and i ran..." Max tried catching his breath.

Sierra drifted off into sleep

Matt ran with her though the plants slowed him down slightly. Matt looked over to her and smiled as they came closer to the safe house "alright april."

Phill ruffled max's hair letting max catch his breath. He stretched his legs looking down at max "where are they holding her do you know?"

Kein looked over to see Sierra out of it. Hoping and wishing that April would get here soon, for Kein figured she would be confused. All Kein wanted was to let April know how much he loves her, as his sister. The pain that the chip did, finally caught up to Kein. He started to shake and curl up into a ball trying to hold in the pain.

"April... please forgive...," said Kein as he passed out.

Kein lied still on the ground no more shaking and still curled up. Kein was trying to hang on to his life by a thread.

(Idk where you stopped. Im bad at recaps )

April walked with Matt into the safehouse. She quickly spotted Sierra and Kein in the bedroom. She knelt beside him and began healing Kein. "Just because I'm healing you doesn't mean I forgive you..." She then kept her focus on healing. She wasn't going to forgive so easy.

Sierra remained asleep.

Max shook his head. "I dunno. They took her in a room and I lost visual.."

Poppy flipped through the channels on her flat screen tv that was in her house. The ex-kidnapped ex-rock star was sitting on the nearby love seat. Poppy wasn't sure if she was still sore about her killing her in her dream but it didn't matter. She had agreed to help her. Which was a good thing. Outside of the realm of sleep, Poppy was just a normal human. Having a powerhouse like Starla as her backup meant that making grabs would be much easier. Easier meant more money and less broken bones.

She flipped through dark channel through dark channel. It was the middle of the day so not to many people were sleeping. She people were sleeping, she just needed to find their dreams. She paused when Starla pointed out that she was going to fast and that she thought she saw something. She flipped back a few channels and found that she was right. Floating a the black void that is the limbo before a dream was a boy. He wasn't all that special looking but she wasn't paying attention to his appearance, she was studying the state of his dream suspension. She pointed at the live feed on the screen, "He is passed out from injury", she said, "I can taste high amounts of endorphins leaking from his dream suspension". A smile played at the corner of her mouth. This kid was special, like Starla or herself, she knew that much. Something else that she found great was that he was injured. She hoped that this boy was already captured and in transit. that meant that she could snatch him from under the hunter's nose and claim the reward for herself. She knocked on the glass three times, causing colorful ripples much like those on a pressed computer screen to radiate through the blackness of the void on the other side. She was trying to get a dream going so she could enter. If she just dove in as in she would be trapped in his comatose mind and would be trapped there until he wakes up. All she could do now was wait.

Starla sat perched on the loveseat, eyes peeking with interest over the top of a well-creased magazine.

"Can he hear us?" she asked, scooting forward to peer closer at the television. She studied the boys' prone form, which seemed to be floating in a vast space of well, nothing, really. Starla furrowed her eyebrows; she hadn't seen that many dreams from this point of view, of course, but this seemed different.

"What happens if he like, dies or something?" Starla asked, shooting Poppy a quizzical look. She didn't have any particular soft spot for fellow lab rats or anything, but she had to admit, seeing a kid wink out on the tube wouldn't exactly be something she'd be able to get over anytime soon.

Poppy shook her head, "No he can't hear us. Right now it's like watching fish in an aquarium" she said, tapping on the screen to prove her point, "this one isn't looking very promising though". She reached up and grabbed the top of the tv with both hands. With a single pull, she pulled the picture from the screen and tossed it to the floor beside her. The still live picture on the crumpled screen was distorted but it would still allow her to keep tabs on the sleeping subject. Poppy looked back up at the dark tv and started flipping channels again, 'I felt something when I grabbed the window, like someone else is sleeping nearby that subject", she explained. She paused on another dream. This one was more active than the dieing kid's. A jumble of pictures and events, faces and color drifted and glitched across the screen, 'Ah, here is a good one" she said, picking up the discarded dream and beginning to fold it like a bed sheet, "This one must have just fallen asleep...and look", she pointed as a familiar face appeared on the screen for the third time, "It's the dieing kid from this dream", she motioned to the dream window draped over her arm. That meant that they were in the same vicinity. That also meant that she might be getting paid double if she managed to catch them both. Stashing the window she folded impossibly small in her back pocket, she took a step back from the flat screen, "Follow my lead", she told Starla with a wink, "And don't get lost in the dream". She launched herself through the picture and dove through the screen to the other side.

She exited the window in a mess of color and noise. The subject wasn't in REM sleep yet so her dream had no structure. Poppy could fix that now that she was in the dream with her. She spread her arms and reached out into the subject's mind with unseen tendrils of manipulation. She tweaked the hormone levels in her brain to release more melatonin. The pace of the dream began to slow and the noise began to organize. In no time, Poppy was standing in a brightly lit forest with the saturation turned up a little too high. She motioned for Starla to follow her as she walked through the lab rat's dream. She hoped this capture would be quick.

Eifah was flying in the air trying to figure out what he should do. Then he realized that maybe he should go see Poppy. Since she usually hunts people, and maybe he could see what Kein was doing. Eifah smiled at the thought of this, and flew quickly to Poppy's house landing outside.

"Hey Poppy.. you home!" yelled Eifah hoping she was.

Still thinking about the idea of what Kein is doing excited him. Plus he was hoping she was not going after his prey. He opened the door gently and quietly. He saw Poppy and another person asleep on the couch. Eifah wondered if they lurking in someone dream, he had to know quickly, for if they were in Kein's dream or that woman he loved everything he planned would be ruined. He had to come up with away to quickly wake Poppy asap.

Kein opened his eyes and saw April healing him.

"April... I am sorry... I know you must hate me, but you are my sister. I know that you may never forgive me, but I will protect you. Even from myself, for I now know the danger inside me. I promise April, and mean this from my heart. Please your brother another chance," said Kein smiling.

He looked over Sierra and hoped she was ok.

"Sierra... you okay?" Kein said looking at her.

Kein wanted to know, so he could be at ease.

(((I don't think I was clear enough in my last post. Poppy and Starla are asleep in her living room, the tv is off, and she is wandering around in Sierra's dream)))

Poppy glanced down at the dream window folder up and draped across her arm. Her brow furrowed as she looked closer at the disturbed surface of the dream. Suddenly, the picture of the boy flickered out. She frowned as the window vanished from her arms, '****!" She exclaimed, "I lost him. He must have woken up or died or something." She said. She looked around at the forest that surrounded them. It felt like they were walking in circles since they got in the girl's dream. This hit was getting harder and harder to deal with the longer they stayed. The dream she was invading was fighting back by generating this never ending forest for them to get lost in. She did a quick three sixty to get her bearings, "Look for something that doesn't quite look right, we need to find a weakness so we can break into her real dream."

There! It wasn't that hard to find. About thirty feet more of walking, she could see where the seam where the repeating forest start over. Poppy snagged Starla's hand and stomped on the spiderweb seam and fell through into darkness.

They landed with a soft thud on thick, cream colored carpeting. They were in a house. Not a very special house, but a house none the less. They were standing in a dimly lit hallway. Further down the abnormally long hall a rectangle of light shone from the only open door. Something about this dream gave her the chills. She glanced back at Starla and motioned for her to follow. Poppy cretp down the hall and turned the corner. What she saw was....not that bad actually.

The walls were covered in a thin layer of blood and the room smelled of iron. That told Poppy that this must be a nightmare from a personal experience. Slumped in the corner was the ripped up remains of a person. Poppy made a face of disgust and shook her head, "HEY! SLEEPYHEAD! I KILLED YOUR BOYFRIEND....OR DAD...OR BROTHER", Poppy screamed, "Hell I don't know who this was", she muttered. Hopefully the dreamer would have an emotional response and show herself. She was really getting tired of wandering around this dream

Eifah got an idea to wake Poppy and Starla. With flames surrounding him, and letting out intense heat hoping it would waken her.

"Sorry Poppy, I can't allow you to ruin everything. If you are in Kein's mind, then you will find out too much. Plus... he his my prey!" exclaimed Eifah in his mind, with a face of ecstasy.

Eifah started to think about all the things he wanted to do to Kein. Slowly torture him, make him watch as everything he loves vanishes in front of him, and of course watch him bleed. With him thinking about these things his flames grew more intense. His flames were not burning anything, just giving off intense heat. This was Eifah's main purpose, but he had other reasons for wanting to see Poppy. He needed to locate, Arron, so he could keep the zombie incident under control. If Issac found out about all he had done, there will be hell to pay. Issac is neither forgiving nor is he merciful, but Eifah had to for his Prey is all he cared for. Eifah was starting get impatient now, so he roared out these words.

"Poppy wake the hell up already!" yelled Eifah, nearly shaking everything in the room.

Something was off. Poppy could feel it. There was the sound of small scuffing whispering all around her. Someone was moving around her sleeping body back in the waking world. She turned to Starla, who was leaning against the door frame. She crossed the blood soaked room and clamped her hands over Starla's ears, completely disregarding her personal space. She tapped into her cerebrum and listened, tunneling through the subconscious part of her brain.

"Poppy wake the hell up already!"

She released Starla's head and steps back. She stuck her finger in her ear in an attempt to silence the ringing, 'There is someone in my house", she said, her eyes showing the worry she was failing to hide, "I need to stay here. Maybe I can find out where they are hiding". Sher looked Starla up aand down, recalling what she was able to do after she woke up. The girl was a living disco ball that can slap with the heat of live coals. Maybe she could handle her invader while Poppy digs around a little more. Poppy paused a moment before she spoke, "Ummmm, I'm going to wake you up. Outside the dream realm, I can only put people back to sleep", she bit her lip with hesitation, "I need you to talk to the person in the waking world". Not waiting for a word of permission, Poppy placed her hand over her face and pushed her head away. Starla faded from view and in a split second, was gone from the dream.

Now back to business. She was operating now like she was running out of time. She exited the gore room and ran down the hall. She stopped at a random doorway and opened it. On the other side was not another room, but a inky void. Poppy stepped of the threshold and floated out into the dreamer's subconscious.

((Hey, I was looking back through and never found Eifah's original character sheet. Was one posted?))

Starla exploded to her feet, awake instantly ( a feeling she didn't think she'd ever get used to, really ) to rocket up and off the couch as though it were ablaze. In her haste to jump up, she nearly bowled the stranger over, catching an elbow against his neck hard enough to hear a low gasp. The man straightened, stepping away from where he'd stood stooped, uncomfortably close to Poppys' prone body, lying sprawled on the couch in its' strange empty-shelled way.

Creep, Starla thought with disgust. Did Poppy even know this guy? Judging by his sex-offender style entrance, Starlas' best guess was a resounding no.

That was good, though.

Really good.

That meant no one would mind if he crawled back home a little less pretty.

Slowly, Starla edged backwards, moving in the cagey fashion of a street cat sizing up a rival. This guy was bigger than her, of course, standing at least a foot or so above her minute frame. There was something strange about him, though, a little something off that made her take pause rather than delivering her usual micro-waved punch to the head. The strangeness of this man hung thick, clouding the air to mingle with the oppressive heat clouding the room; despite the frost dotting the windows. Was all of this heat coming from Mister Creep over there? If so, what was his deal? A mutant out for revenge? To come knocking on a Rat wranglers' doorstep for some kind of comic book "vengeance"?

"Hey!" Starla barked, holding the strangers' attention like an animal that might soon bite "What are you, some kinda Lab Rat?"