cattygal210

The Lab

Phill sighed the handcuffs still hanging from his hurt wrist though it would make getting out of the house impossible as the lead handcuffs would keep him in here. He shook his head as he was told to be quiet by the girl in the wheel chair. He slowly walked up towards the girl on the ground wondering if there was any way he could at least get the bullet out.

Seeing the mermaid hiss and move forward, Hazel swung the gun upwards; letting off a quick shot. Pellets sprayed this way and that, ricocheting off the walls and ceiling, and swirling up smoky dust.

A few icicles shattered, exploding to harmless chunks as they came in contact with the buckshot. Another, however, planted itself deeply into her left arm, and Hazel felt her humerus break with a loud and sickening crack.

"YOU ****ING SHOT ME!!" Hazel roared in disbelief, arm dangling uselessly by her side.

Ratcheting back the shotgun with her one arm, Hazel cocked it once more. BDSM guy was approaching from her left, working his over to the wakening girl as little miss trickshot hissed and clawed from the right. Desperately, Hazel kicked at Starly in an attempt to take the wolfman by surprise before slinking backwards, ducking around the corner of the kitchen doorway to shelter.

Outside, the vans' lights shone refracted and dim through the ice, growing brighter as the van squealed closer. A resounding thud and a screech of metal were heard as the van plowed into the side of the house; sending fine cracks through the wall of ice. The van sat for a moment before backing up again, tires chopping through the yard as it swung around to ram the door again. The fine cracks widened, sending slivers and chunks of ice bouncing across the carpeted living room.

------

Starly gasped, taking in a deep breath. Reflexively, she reached down to pat at her stomach. The churning, gaping mess of an injury was greatly reduced, leaving what was now a collection of a half-dozen twisted metal pellets lodged across her stomach and side.

Phil was there, a look of concern crossing his face. Okay now she felt bad for trying to sell him. She'd buy him a steak or something when this was through.

Standing, Starly steadied herself by leaning on the now much shorter wolfman; dwarfing him. She must have been what, seven and a half feet tall now? She felt.... strong, like she'd been heaving around a heavy body and was now free. Dancing on her toes, Starly clenched fists which could have lifted a car. She wasn't going to lightjam on this girl, oohhhh no, not today. Today she'd pulverize her coyote-like face ten feet below ground.

"Hey wolfboy" Starly said, yanking her shredded shirt down over her abdomen. "You wanna help me tear this censorkip.gif* limb from limb? "

Edited by ChildeRolande

Phill was taken surprise when the girl kicked starly towards him then she ran away towards the kitchen. Phill watched as starly stood up even taller than before and asked him to help fight and he shrugged "i was gonna help take the bullet out of you and try to bandage you up but you seem healed,i'll help you i mean i have to take out my frustrations out on something before im sent to a lead cage." He growled and got ready to attack whenever he got a clear shot at them.

Fueled by this injury, Siren lifted herself upright to glare at Hazel. Instead of shooting ice again, however, she took a different approach. Her ears and the fins behind them flattened for good reason. An intake of breath, and the mutant was screaming at the top of her lungs. It was too high to be heard, but the destruction was automatic. The ice cracked deeper, and any glassware within her range shattered nearly within the instant. If this intruder thought she could get away, she was wrong.

Poppy knew what was going on with Siren. Fins pinned, rattling spines, intent to kill in her eyes? Yep, she was going to scream, regardless who was around. Pappy was thrilled that she didn't sell Siren back when she found her. She didn't help much with the retrieving of the experiments but when it came to keeping them in the house, that was her expertise. Experiments never escaped once they got to Poppy's place, that's why she made it as homey as possible when she brought one home. It was usually much less likely for an experiment to try to run when she was making them food or watching a movie.

That was not the case now, Poppy's house had been transformed into a battlefield when those unknown women bust her door down and started shooting. Who were they anyway? That was a better question for Starla, if they lived that long. She grabbed Phil around the middle and lifted him off the ground, much like a linebacker would a football. She lept over the couch and snagged Ava by the arm, dragging her from her wheelchair and slinging her over their shoulder. Before she vanished into her room she looked back at the mermaid at the front door, "Let her have it Siren!" she yelled before shutting her bedroom door

She crossed her modestly furnished bedroom and opened a small walk in closet. She dumped Phil on the floor and set Ava down on the small cot set up against the back wall. She shut the padded door and turned a huge quad bolt lock that sealed the room. Immediately the sounds from the outside world vanished. They were in a room Poppy called The Quiet. She converted the room shortly after she was almost assassinated by a rogue experiment while she was out dream walking. This made sure that her body would be safe, plus it was quiet. Best of all it would protect them from Siren's scream.

Phill had started to hear the scream as they were by this huge door, when he was tossed down he yipped and started to whine until the door was shut and the ear piercing scream was cut off though his ears were already starting to bleed. He went to the back of the room and used a piece of his already really torn shirt to clean his blood from his ears. He slowly wrapped his arms around his legs as he sat unsure of what to do in this situation.

Starla was just about to say something to Phill, maybe to ask him about his healing, when she felt Poppy move their body.

That was always so weird, like sitting in the back of a rocket ship, almost. One minute she was leading, and the next she was staring out the back window as Poppy piloted the duo-self they called Starly like some kind of giant gundam.

She heard the roaring of the vans engine once more as Poppy transported them to a room she hadn't noticed before; scooping up team members here and there as though they were light as kittens. A squeal of the tires and a shattering of sound of something like glass was cut short as the Poppy slammed the door closed.

Starla wondered absently exactly how strong this new body was, anyway.

"Don't take it personal, man" Starla said, borrowing the body's mouth for a moment to talk to Phil as he was unceremoniously dumped in the closet. "Poppy does the same thing to me. I call it "mom mode". Kinda creepy when you think about it, really."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hazel heard a door slam, ears pricked to pick up the sound, and dared a peek around the doorway just in time to see the lock of a door on the far end of the room click to the left. Less than a second later, Hazel was on the floor. Was she covering her ears? Was she standing? Was she alive? Hazel couldn't tell, but felt herself screaming along with the ear-splitting whistle of noise which seemed to creep, to poke and seek for weakness like a living thing of thorns and rage.

Hazel forced open her eyes to slits. Linoleum stared back at her, spotted with blood. She felt it running down her face, and raised a hand weakly feeling it's trace as it bubbled from her ears.

*SMASH*

Hazel chanced a look up, to the place where that horrible, horrible sound originated from; only to see a round hunk of smoking rubber force it's way through what was once the doorframe. The vans' fender had broken the wall of ice, crumpling only slightly as it decimated the cabin's slightly mouldering front wall. The tires struggled onwards, leaving tracks of rubber and dirt on the out of date shag carpeting.

It wasn't soundproof, though, and as Hazel struggled to her feet, she saw the van's windows crack and shatter. The windshield sagged, separating in a sheet of cobwebbed cracks before a booted foot appeared, kicking the pane of glass outwards. Limping, one hand still clamped over a bleeding ear, Hazel made her way to the van; slamming a fist on it's dented and scratched side. The side panel slid open, and Hazel saw rather than felt a set of iron-strong hands pull her inside. Chinenye. Thank God.

As the door slammed shut, Hazel chanced a look up. Each person in the van wore a similarly pained expression, even her rescuer Chinenye sat curled into a ball; hands clamped firmly over her ears.

All except Viola, who sat in the drivers seat, guitar perched by her side like some kind of satanic sidekick.

That ****ing lunatic

Hazel curled up, attempted to block out the ever-present noise as Viola drove the van onward, forcing it through the house inch by inch.

Viola heard nothing. A buzzing sound had filled her ears moments ago. Yet somehow, she felt herself screaming, foam forming at the corners of her mouth like a rabid dog as she slammed one of her red combat booted feet onto the gas pedal. The mermaid. There was a mermaid here,and she was going to run it over. Her mom had told her about them, haltingly, of course... letters from prison tended to be short and take awhile to mail. But she remembered, still. They were bad, bad, bad, bad, luck. Bad luck like the tiny trickles of blood and pops she could feel deep in her ears. That was bad, she knew it. Bad hearing made bad music, her cousin always said.

A scream of metal was heard as the vans' sliding door crumpled past the splintering wood of the house. Slamming her foot on the petal, Violet jerked the van forward, forcing it farther into the house and another few feet closer to the scaled fishwoman.

The tires caught the splintered oak of the front wall, forcing the van to a stop only about a foot from the mermaids' body. With a kick, Viola forced open the door, collapsing to the ground. She clutched her stomach.

She did not feel good. Her stomach felt as thought it were being stretched and boiled, screaming like the time she'd gotten appendicitis on the playground in fourth grade.

Viola lurched forward, knuckles white around the neck of her guitar as she towed it behind her. She made her way to the mermaid; swinging once, twice, three times, before even getting in proper hitting distance. Screaming, teeth painted red with... what was that, blood? Viola raised the guitar over her head, aiming at the mermaid's finned and twitching head.

Edited by ChildeRolande

Phill did feel like he was taken care of which seemed strange due to the fact she was just gonna sell him anyways. He nodded at the comment from her mouth "it's ok though i'm not used to someone treating me like a pup." He had cleaned his ears and was now leaning back against a wall his eyes half closed.

It took a lot to keep up a scream for long. Mostly, it was securing the seal on her ears. One slip, and she'd be just like her victims. No, she had to be careful. This meant she had to focus on herself and not the area around this. Meaning, it wasn't too hard for her to ignore a van force itself through a doorway. Only when she noticed a figure exit the van did she turn her attention to another threat. Muscles bunching in her torso and tail, Siren tensed to leap. The moment she did, however, did her body connect with a swung guitar.

Instantly did the scream die in her throat, her ears uncovering themselves as she hit the carpet. A hit to the head did that. Static filled her thoughts for a good few seconds, followed by a hot pain on the side of her face. That hurt a lot more than she expected it to. Then again, her torso was totally uncovered. Poppy had introduced a shirt and bra ages ago, but it had all been rejected. With the spikes that dotted her body, they were useless. Clothing dragged her down underwater too.

This was enough to justify any more violence. At least, in her mind it was. Although dazed, she had a feeling that staying down would result in her death. This time, Siren lunged for Violet's legs. It was easier to take her down to the floor and tear her apart. Usuing any more of her abilities would be exhausting.

"Well the DL doesn't treat you to bad if your not a dick to them" she said, using her new increased height to flip the air duct in the corner of the room open, And it's not a "mom mode" I just didn't want those chicks to kill anyone. Oh, by the way, who are they? Starly slid a sawed off shotgun from the air duct along with a ruger pistol. She kept these tow guns hidden just for a occasion like this one. Starly calmly loaded five rounds of bird shot into the sawed off shotgun and cocked it once. She went to the door and peered through the peep hole installed in the soft surface. Her room looked clear of crazy censorkip.gif*es with guns. That was good.

Starly looked at their captives and nodded, "Stay here" she said, not completely trusting the wolfboy. Starly dissolved into light waves and light jammed through the magnified peephole.

She reappeared in mid stride in the living room, her eyes widened when she saw that crazy censorkip.gif* posed to break Siren's face. She lifted the shotgun and let a round fly, blowing the guitar apart above the girls head. She leveled the gun at her and pulled the trigger again.

Edited by padfoot

Phill growled "they aren't so bad?! They want to do nothing but poke and prod me with needles and i cant scare them away from me like you can so really, not that bad? as soon as i get there i am going to be stuffed in a lead cage barely big enough for a cat let alone a wolf and gonna put bright lamps shining in my eyes making fun of my pain, sounds like fun don't it? that was even before i struggled they were "testing my new eyes" as they called it. i called it humiliation and torture and i do not want to go back there." He watched her disappear and sighed knowing if he ran they would kill him next time and probably keep him in a lead room, he decided if he was going to run it may as well wait until the whitecoats showed up and started taking him away so that it wouldn't negatively affect the others. He looked at the girl from the wheel chair and shook his head "so what's your name?"

Starla groaned inwardly at Poppy's question. Of course she'd been expecting it, but that didn't mean she wanted to answer it.... "Remember those girls I said I'd pissed off?" Starla asked, using their mindspeak to flash a sense of embarassment. "We kinda used to play in a band together. Long story short, they kind of tried to sell me and get six different flavors of revenge after I sorrrtaaa cost them a few million by quitting the band." Starla withered for a moment before adding, "I think they're still a little upset about it."

Viola felt the guitar shatter in her hands, cherry-red painted splinters zipping this way and that; and immediately threw herself to the floor, diving over the hissing mermaid and not quite making it. She heard the burst of buckshot as it buried itself around the room, pinging against the vans' scratched and torn hood. She and the mermaid had tossed themselves in different directions, and Violas' calf caught painfully on one of the mermaids sharp spines, a white hot blister of pain tearing its way up her leg as the mermaid caught it, claws and teeth poised to rip her leg free from it's joint.

Okay well, this was bad.

Viola shot a glance at the splintered and twisted guitar neck still clutched in her left hand; all that remained of the guitar after taking a full shotgun blast. It was about as useful in a fight as a wiffleball bat. She tossed it away in disgust, skittering away on her back. She casted a spiteful look back up to Starly, eyeing the shotgun with irritation.

She'd never liked the self-righteous little snot.

From her first audition, she'd thought she was just a little too full of herself, flashing this way and that, turning herself into some kinda ponytailed disco ball any time she felt like it. Viola had never understood why record labels had refused to sign them without the bass toting little tramp... her rhythm wasn't even good. It had always been about the powers, her stupid, flashy little powers .

Viola spat out some of the blood filling her mouth, aiming squarely for the still-hissing mermaid and missing.

Her stomach really didn't feel good. Viola blinked, on the verge of passing out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Voices and lights flashed by, and Hazel found herself back. Back to eight months ago, watching herself from against the hotel wall. She was screaming about song lyrics, beer cans (courtesy of their oh-so ritzy hotel) littering the floor. Starla stood defiant, arms folded, nose pointed towards the air in that way Hazel absolutely hated . She watched herself point, finger jabbing at Starla's face before spinning, snatching at something leaning against the dresser. The golf club. That stupid gold-plated golf club. Who had even given them that, anyway? It had been some sort of lame gift by a wealthy benefactor... either way it didn't really matter. She swung back around, golf club a gold blur.

Oh yeah.

She'd been aiming for Starla's face. Trying to wipe that stupid smug look off it, probably.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hazel sat up wearily, wincing at the ringing sound filling her head. Eden was perched beside her, shouting something without sound; red ponytail bouncing this way and that. Hazel furrowed her eyebrows, shooting a look of universally understood confusion, and Eden gave her a look of disgust before turning to hop in the driver's seat. Hazel felt, rather than heard, the engine rumble back to life, and felt a lump of something sick and cold rise in her throat.

She couldn't hear anything.

That stupid, spiny, little monster had deafened her.

Hazel lurched forward as the van sped backwards, and Hazel caught a sight of something that made her blood boil. Those stupid mutants looking down at her bandmate, the amazonian woman with a shotgun at the ready. And her nose lifted defiantly in the air.

Using her one good arm, Hazel caught Chinenye by the shoulder and spun her around, giving her a series of mimes and looks, pointing towards a heavy oak chest which sat between them and stumbling through a few words she couldn't hear. She saw the other girl brighten with a look of realization.

Chineneye turned, mouth forming the words "Turn this gunboat around!" as Hazel scrambled to the back of the van; throwing the back doors open and nearly falling out. She somehow managed to crush her still-broken and impaled arm between herself and the back window, but pushed on, gritting her teeth. In a second, Chinenye was back, helping Hazel to lug the chest forward with her superior muscle. The two settled the chest down, and Chinenye popped open the trunk, revealing an interior lined with mirrors and bits of reflective glass. Snagging her shotgun and fumbling with it, Hazel stepped in front of the chest, concealing it from view. Inelegantly, the van spun back around, coming back towards the cabin with a burst of speed to force its way backwards once more through the doorframe; an act which ripped both of the van's back doors free from their hinges.

"Ey!!!" Hazel yelled, words slightly slurred. "Com ah mee, an' wu'll settle thes unce an' fer fookin all!" At least.... that's what she hoped she said.

Edited by ChildeRolande

((Hey, I have been looking at this for a while, and I was wondering if I could join? I just ask whether if everybody escaped or if some are still in the lab. Is it too late?))

My nomomony form.

Name: Esko

Nickname: E

For/Against Dark Legion: Against. He would even kill one.

Powers/Special Abilities:

-he can turn into a wolf. The scientists injected a bit too much wolf DNA into him, causing him to grow wolf ears and a tail.

-for some reason, he can breathe fire.

-a stupid scientist injected a falcon's DNA into him, causing him to grow wings.

-he can resist brainwashing extremely well.

History: he was snatched as a kid, and lived most of his life in the lab. The first power he obtained was the wolf shifting, the second were the wings, and the third and most dangerous was the fire breathing. After he developed the breath, he burned all the people in the room. His punishment was isolation, and he didn't interact with people. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't.

Personality: he is a total *ss. A side effect of isolation. Even to people he might bond with, he is a jerk. However, if he makes friends, he will defend them fiercely. Maybe, once he is out of isolation for a while, he can soften.

Other: he is pretty stealthy.

Looks: This with wings.

His wings are black and draconic.

I understand if you guys reject. You are already far ahead...

Poppy was about to blow this girls head off when something stopped her. She guessed it was Starla that held her hand back from pulling the trigger. She must know her personally. That's fine and dandy but they still broke into her house and tried to killed them all. A voice caused Starly to look up, temporary distracted from the woman bleeding on the ground. The other one, the one that squared off with Siren. She was still standing? Poppy didn't particularly care for the threat but Starla did. Poppy felt the particles in their body begin to agitate, ""Starla NO!" she yelled before she converted them into light particles and jammed them towards the van.

They solidified just in time to see Hazel pitching forward, whether intentional or not, dodging them as they shot past. Starly's huge body caught the lid of the open trunk and tipped it backwards. The truck tumbled upside down and slammed over the girls. The truck continued to roll until it was right side up with Starly still inside. There was a audibly click from outside the lid as the mysterious women locked them inside, "Smooth move Starla" she said to the impulsive woman she shared a body with.

(((We are on auto accept but I do have to warn you:

we have two wolf shifters

a have a wolf shifter with wings

a character that can control fire

and a character with brainwashing resistant powers

everyone has already escaped)))

((So...I can set some limits. Though, there isn't a list with taken powers...oh well, time to do some stuff!

He can't access fire in his wolf form.

He can't eat fire.

He can still be brainwashed, if people work hard enough.

His wolf form is my avatar.

So, auto accept? Interesting. I guess I can start my post. Everybody escaped? Where are they?))

The alarms wailed loudly. Especially since an experiment in isolation escaped. Scientists were starting to freak out. Others were getting fire hydrens as if the foam would stop him. E had been running on all fours, though not in wolf form. If I do shift, they know what to do and will catch me. The sirens blared and could be heard for at least a mile around. E had wickedly smiled when he saw that he was loosing his captors. No more cage life, no more test tubes, no more syringes. None of that. As soon as he made it off, he was free. He had metal cuffs on his wrists and ankles, the broken chains jingling. E had tried to take flight, but he remembered that his wings were binded. He snarled at the thought. He tried to breath fire, but he only got a few sparks. What? Oh yeah. That chemical that stops my fire breath for a certain amount of time...shoot. He needed to keep running until the time expired. He heard the shouts of the scientists fade as he ran. He wished he could wolf shift, but no. It wasn't wise. He kept running still. Freedom. Freedom at last.

((So yeah, I put the first post of him just escaping. Isolated experiments are dangerous, so I thought that I could put that bit there.))

(((Uh Esko. The problem wasn't the limits of the powers, its that they are copies of powers characters already have. )))

((Does it really have to be unique?))

(((No, you can be like everyone else if you really want. It's just a little unfair to copy powers when other character (that have been here longer) have already based their characters around these powers.)))

(((Just going to add my new, not bad guy character while I'm at it)))

Name: Jakobe Comly

Nickname: Jak

For/Against Dark Legion: against but just happy to be out

Powers/Special Abilities:

Kinetic energy absorption

Kinetic energy reversal

History: Was scooped up from foster care when he was around fifteen by the Dark Legion. He was honestly just happy someone was willing to pay attention to him. It was pretty great, they fed him, gave him a pretty nice place to stay, and in return he let them preform medical experiments on him. Everything was fine at first, they were testing some kind of super solider serum or something.

Anyway, he gained some kind of ability that made him itchy when he was hit. Eventually he couldn't take The Itch anymore, he killed a scientist. From then on, he was kept in his own cell like the others in the labs. he was suspended by aircraft cable from the ceiling and his hands were tethered to the ceiling as well. He had been stuck in this position for about a year now.

Personality: Jak's personality is difficult to nail down. When he hasn't been suffering from The Itch, he is a mild mannered twenty something but the longer he is exposed to The Itch, the more violent he becomes.

Other: he is still in the lab

Looks:Jakobe

((Sweet characters. They can run into Dwilius since he has nothing to do.))

As Viola staggered forward and swung, Siren jumped up with both hands extended. What happened next was as expected. Two clawed hands wrapped around the woman's wrists, though the mermaid had no intention of hurting her. Not yet. Instead, her gaze caught her one companion falling into a trunk. This was enough to make Siren want to rip both of Violet's hands off. Instead, she surprised herself with her own actions. One hand lurched forward to grab Viola's neck, but only to drag her down. Blue eyes blazing with fury, she pivoted to glared at the destroyed black van.

I'll kILl HEr! I'Ll kill ALl of yOU! She screamed. Her words came out chunky and awkward, but the message was fluid enough to be understood. A hot buzz filled her thoughts after she spoke. It was like something that had been lodged in the back of her mind had just dissolved. All that fear and shyness she had been choked by for so long, just gone. But with this, she felt kind of...bad. Like, sick. A wave of anxiety washed over the young woman, leaving her to look rather green at the gills. She didn't feel right. Maybe it was the guitar to the head, but... Siren's grip slacked on her prisoner as she steadily began to feel worse. Maybe she'd gotten too far in this fight.

Phill didn't hear anything and the door hadn't opened "they should be back by now shouldn't they?" He spoke more to himself than the other girl in the room with him but he decided that this was the safest spot possible plus if the door opened and it was the other people he could run out the wall, he hoped. He wanted to see what was going on but he didn't wanna risk being shot so he decided to just mess around with random things in the room including the floor itself tracing shapes on it as he sat bored in the warm room.

(((FYI. The panic room unlocks from the inside. I just didn't want you to think phill was stuck)))

(Phills only stuck if its lead and as far as the lock he doesn't pay attention as far as he knows there's a special code needed to open the door and he isn't in life or death so he isn't trying to figure it out besides he's still afraid sirens screaming. He feel safest where he is so he probably won't leave untol he's in danger or hours when the fight should be over with but I appreciate the information.))

Edited by voltage

((When should my character run into this Dwilis guy? Who IS Dwilis?))

Hazel rolled smoothly and stood back up, just as Chinenye dove over the trunk; clicking the lock into place and flashing her a quick thumbs-up.

She... actually hadn't expected that to work.

Turning back to face the destroyed living room, she locked eyes with the mermaid. "I'll kILl HEr! I'Ll kill ALl of yOU!" . Hazel's smile never twitched, and she shot a look back to the green haired punk rapidly collecting a mouthful of blood on the floor before giving a mock bow. Turning back to the front of the van. Catching Edens' eye in the rear-view mirror, Hazel gave a quick nod.

The tail lights flashed once, and Hazel Hazel clutched the back window of the van as Eden stomped the gas pedal, sending the vehicle screeching away from the house. The back tires kicked up mud and grass for a moment before fishtailing back onto the long driveway and turning down the street.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Aw C'mon, it's not like it's my fault" Starla whined through their shared mouth "She antagonized me! Besides, it's not like we can't just zip out of here, ya know." With that, Starly tensed their muscles and dissapparated.... only to bounce from the top of the trunk's lid back down to the bottom; ping-ponging madly around the closed trunk. They bounced back and forth for a minute before being slung back down against the trunks' bottom again, this time with an audible *pop*as the girls reappeared.

" oOOW! They mirrored it!" Starla cried, rubbing her bobbed hair with the palm of one hand; multi-colored bangles clanking on her wrist. [/color] She was cramped, her short arms and legs crammed into the tiny space. Someone's foot was wedged painfully somewhere exceedingly uncomfortable, and long wavy pink hair tickled her nose.

"OOooooooh my god. Dude. Poppy! Are you here? Please tell me I'm not crammed in a trunk with half a body....."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Viola's jaw dropped as the van's tires creaked back over the doorframe double-time.

They were leaving her.

Okay so maybe they'd threatened it a few times before, but they were actually leaving her. Viola gurgled something, shooting a panicked look back at the spiny girl who's hands were clamped over her wrists like twin vices.

At least the murdermaid looked as surprised as she was.

Edited by ChildeRolande