cattygal210

The Lab

Phill was getting restless and he unlocked the door and slowly opened it just to hear the van driving off. He was a little happy glad the psychos were gone but scared starly would punish him for coming out. When he came out though he saw a gruesome scene with the mermaid and another girl there and the living room was a mess bullet holes in the floor along with a decent amount of blood, a half broken guitar on the ground as well. He walked over to the mermaid curiously "wheres the other girl what happened?"

Poppy was thrown violently against the floor of the trunk when their attempt of light jamming failed miserably. Starla's old band apparently knew how to throw a wrench into her powers. Made sense, they did work together and sold her to the lab. It made sense that they would know her weakness.

The first major difference she noticed after their escape attempt failed was that she felt much lighter. She couldn't see in the pitch darkness of the truck but she could definitely feel someone underneath her and her foot in some kind of warm crevice. Best of all, she could hear are partner's voice. Her voice, not some kind of strange hybrid of both their voices. Plus, she had control of her own mouth, "Oh censorkip.gif, Starla! We are two people again"She said with excitement, "Now if only we weren't crammed into this goddamned trunk.

(((to all still in Poppy's house. Do whatever. There is plenty of stuff to live on plus a old pickup in the dilapidated boat house on her property.)))

((> . > Yeah, I did this to give everyone the option to choose what they want to do. You can cut and run, try to get them back, or fight the lab yourself, if you want. Choose yo' own adventure))

Starla felt the floor rumble beneath them as the van moved forward, bouncing over rocks and potholes.

Oh censorkip.gif.

"Look on the bright side," Starla said, shifting uncomfortably. "I mean, they have to let us out of here eventually, right?" A horrible idea dawned on her, and she pulled her lips into a grim line; raising an elbow to beat against the top of the trunk.What was to stop them from drowning them? She and Poppy couldn't get out, and it wasn't as though the band actually wanted either of them alive....

"Poppy, do you think you could dreamwalk us a way out of here?"

Starla had barely gotten the words out of her mouth before the trunk pitched forward, toppling end over top as the vans' brakes squealed from somewhere outside.

The van stopped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dude, what is it?" Chinenye asked dubiously, poking at the creature with a drumstick.

The van sat idling, front hood crumpled even further and now bearing a few tufts of hair caught in the grille. A humanoid creature, covered in feathers and bits of fur lay crumpled in the road... not dead, Hazel had surmised, not even close.

But definitely weird looking.

((Esko, here's your chance))

((Yeah, I was told that I had to have my character be unique with powers. Maybe I was confused when I read the rules, and it said that my character could have any power? Maybe. Anyways, unless I was told that it was ABSOLUTLEY FINE, which I wasnt, I shall edit this later with the new sheet.

Edit: done

Name: Eskirurius Arkus

Nickname: Esko

For/Against Dark Legion: would kill them all if he could

Powers/Special Abilities:

-he can bend shadows to do his bidding

-he can make shadows feel like fire

-he can draw things and make them come to life.

-the shadows can make him look like he had growths ((wings, tails, ears, ect.))

-one more: he can use the shadows to fly. This only works really well at night, when the Sun isn't out.

History: he was snatched as a kid. The scientists overloaded him with a recently discovered chemical, causing the shadow powers to develop. Right after that, he used his flaming-hot shadows to burn everyone in there. The scientists realized that he was powerless if there wasn't any darkness, so they always kept him in isolation, with bright lights everywhere and not a shadow to be seen. The lights were on 24/7.

Personality: he is a total ass. A side effect of isolation. Even to people he might bond with, he is a jerk. However, if he makes friends, he will defend them fiercely. Maybe, once he is out of isolation for a while, he can soften.

Other: he is actually pretty stealthy.

Looks: This

Keep in mind, he often has the growths.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Poppy shifted uncomfortably in the cramped truck. It was not built to hold a person, let alone two. Starla was trying to stay positive by pointing out they they had to let them out eventually, "unless they don't and just open fire on the trunk" she said grimly, "But yeah, I'll try to sleep out way out". Poppy tried to get comfortable and took a deep breath. She thought about taking Starla with her, it felt wrong to just leave her like this while she slept. If they were both knocked out though, no one could protect them if they arrive at wherever the band decides to take them. Poppy flooded her system with melatonin and dropped into the dream world.

The only problem was that no one around them was sleeping. Poppy searched and searched but nothing was working. The few dreams she found were useless, just nightmares and sex dreams from the few people who had houses in whatever back road they were taking. She stepped through the full length mirror and left the gyrating couple behind. She floated through the void of the dream medium and generated her own dream. It was the inside of her house, before it was wrecked by the experiments and Starla's band. She dropped to her knees and covered her face in her hands. She finally let the frustrated tears flow freely now that she was in the safety of the dream world. I'm sorry Starla! I can't do anything!" she yelled to herself, her voice choked by sobs, "My powers can't do anything. All I can do is sleep and scare people in their dreams. How is that suppose to help when we are locked in a truck?". She was realizing something that had been in the back of her mind since she started hunting experiments. Her powers were very limited, so limited that she couldn't save her friend. Poppy felt useless, she even wished that they were still fused. At least then Poppy was the smart one. Her dream deteriorated as she drew her knees up to her chest. She needed to think of something, anything, that could save them.

(((xd.png You hit Esko with the van?)))

Edited by padfoot

(((Great! Only question is that if he can't fly when the sun is out, how can he keep his shadow wolf bits if the sun is out?)))

((Ehh, wings need a lot of shadow, and he could scrape up a few to make the ears and tail.

I can only make my post after I have lunch. Laters!!))

((super cool. Shadow rationing makes sense to me, considering he can manipulate it. Makes sense he'd be able to gather it up and use it as a body part. I like this guy))

((Awesome!))

Esko was enjoying the thought of freedom when WHAM! Some van had slammed into him while he was crossing the road. The last thought he had were in fear that the veihcle (spelling forgotten, sorry!) was owned my the Dark Legion.

Esko woke up to somebody poking him with a drumstick. He looked up. Who was this person? "Why the hell am I laying on the road, getting poked with a drumstick? STOP THAT" He lashed out at the person, using the shadows from the van to create claws. The shadows were thin, so he could only scrap enough to make claws for one hand. He snarled.

((Need to search the pages for your sheets so I know who I am talking too))

A low whine sounded deep within Siren's throat, but soon pitched upwards into a keening. Her ears and spines flattened and her expression twisted into pain. Any violence she held against Viola was instantly dropped. Poppy was gone! They were going to kill her! Her Poppy! Her best (and only)friend! Releasing her grip on Viola, she slumped onto her stomach and whimpered. She just wanted to go sulk in her lake, but that wouldn't bring Poppy back. Her friend...

((Pad, Jak is about to be met with an adorable pain in the ass. Re-posting his sheet so you can can see what he is.

Name: Jeffery Matthews

Nickname: Jet

For/Against Dark Legion: for, sorta

Powers/Special Abilities: He can freely manipulate the space around him and general physics, and in turn, can destroy to no end. For whatever reason, however, he doesn't. Basically, he can control motion, and create/delete things on will. He

History: Jet, like most in the facility, has no recollection of his past. Any attempts at making a war machine out of him has left him...unstable at best. He's something similar to a puppy, and is eager to please anyone nearby.

Personality: I sorta put the personality in history...

Other:

Looks: something like This. Like this, but totally less hostile-looking ))

He'd been kicked out again. The DL had a long record of wanting, and then not wanting him. Jet had basically unlimited power but refused to use any of it for violence. It was frustrating, at the least. The young man sat on the sidewalk on an unknown area (he was just sorta dropped off), sniffling pathetically. For someone around his twenties, he looked more like a small child. It was likely he wasn't even human anymore. The occasional flicker in his form proved his. With a complete grasp over generally everything, his body's atoms buzzed much faster than they should. For split seconds at a time, he flashed out of existence, and then came back right away. Kicked out of the Legion, Jet was left dejected, huddled in a small ball on the sidewalk.

Phil went and got bandages from te bathroom after he had finally found it. He slowly walked up to siren kneeling offering to help tend to her wounds. He also grabbed the other girl by the neck of her shirt as siren let go, he didn't want her to run away. He was still offering the bandages to siren as he spoke "where are they taking her and why?i wont kill you but i am sure we can think of a lot of ways to get you close to death but still alive." Phill hated seeing siren sad even if she had almost completely ruined his hearing. He wanted to help make her happy, even though they were trying to sell him back this fish girl hadn't done anything to him.

((May make another character soon, decided against using matt as i don't know where to bring him in and i feel like making a female character.))

Edited by voltage

Viola raised an eyebrow as the guy who'd been bondage-cuffed to the couch shook her by the collar of her shirt. She spit, clearing the last little bit of blood from under her tongue and wiping her mouth with the back of her wrist.

"I'm sorry Mister BondageCuffs, you threatenin' me? 'Cause if you continue, I'll kick yer face in, injured or not..." Viola paused, shooting a look at the busted doorway and back down to the mans' grip on her favorite shirt, which was now shredded and bloodstained. "But those backstabbing censorkip.gif*es did leave me here to die." Viola added begrudgingly, shrugging one cut shoulder.

She'd never had any illusions that the other girls had loved her or anything, they were band-mates, and each had made it abundantly clear they were nothing more than that. In fact, even when they'd been doing "best friends" crap for morale, there had always been that ever-present feeling of swimming in a shark tank.

She had to admit, it did still leave her feeling the tiniest bit hurt. They'd taken Hazel, they'd driven all the way out here and been busted to pieces just to get stupid Starla back. They hadn't even left her her backup guitar or anything....

"Listen, I ain't never been too fond of torture, and even if I was, you're still not my type. " Viola said with a sigh, settling herself back on her elbows. "But I know better than anyone when it's time to save my own skin. Take me with you, and I'll let ya know what you need to get yer friend back."

She met the eyes of both the scaled woman and the gruff man with equal measure, sensing their suspicion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ughh, another freak." Chinenye said, lips forming into a tight line as she stepped back, out of range of the whipping claws, but not before one snagged her coat. She tugged back her arm, and raised one booted foot in a universally understood gesture of "I'll kick your ass".

"Wait."

Chinenye shot a look back to Hazel, who was leaning against the vans' side, icicle-free arm cradled in a sling; the stock of the shotgun tucked under her elbow like a cane. Maybe it was the lack of pain meds, or maybe it was frustration, but Chinenye found herself slightly intimidated by the feverish look in the thin-faced womans' eyes.

"You wanna make it out here, huh?" Hazel asked, meeting the strangers' gaze. "No lead cages, no whatever the hell it is they have in that place you ran away from, right?" .

Hazel took a moment to lean into the van, removing a greasy fast-food bag from behind the seat and digging inside it. It was a tactic they'd used often on the road. Find a wild dog, butter it up with food and attention, then keep tit as a band pet or guard dog 'til they moved on.

"You got a name? " Hazel asked, tossing the boy a wrapped sandwich with her good arm.

Edited by ChildeRolande

(Coming back into this thing)

After Komoison threw the door at the stupid scientists, she charged out of there and into the mountains. She had been wandering for a long time now and was wondering where to go when she had spotted a town father away. Was she miles away from the base? All she knew was that she was trying not to go in loops, she was tired of being a rat in a maze.

-----

Zoey wasn't sure what was going on anymore. She was more machine than human now. She would have moments to where she would suddenly wake up to find herself in a completely different place. She knew that in between these black spells, the machine part would still be awake and move to any location it wanted. But now where was she? It looked like she was very close to a town.

-----

Zack couldn't believe it. How was this metal machine human thing slip away from him? He had to leave, yes, he had to leave the base. He would be back with the machine. Transforming into something called a cliff racer, he flew towards the skies to find some escapees.

((Wow.))

Esko looked up. Kick my ass? Try kicking it at night. The thought of squishing someone with shadows was lovely. He would even do it in the day if there was enough shadow. Then, just as he was about to lash out again, the one...girl?.....threw him a wrapped sandwich. Should he trust that? It felt a bit greasy. Okay, very greasy. He looked up at the stranger. "Just call me Esko. You?" Esko said as he opened the sandwich wrapping. He was a little reluctant to eat it at first. After all, why would you trust something from someone who just rammed you with a giant van? But, after a bit, he took a bite. Average, for fast food. That taste that gets you to be addicted. Esko took another bite. He wasn't sure if this was a trap or not. After all, these could be Dark Legion spies trying to lull him back with food. His tail started moving slowly again. Getting run over wasn't the most pleasant of experiences. "I was doing fine before you appeared with a rather dramatic flair, thanks." If these people brought him even in the direction of the accursed place he ran from, he would slash them. The van wasn't well lit, right?

(((Quick question about Esko's shadow powers. What happens if he is in a container with low lighting, like the van, and he collects all the shadows. Since you describe shadows as a physical thing, and shadows are just the absence of light, does the space become illuminated as light races in to fill the void Esko created?)))

Poppy had been whimpering in her sleep while she had er little existential crisis in her own dream bubble. She picked herself up off the ground and wiped her eyes on the back on her hand. Despite her useless powers, she had to do something about being kidnapped. A plan surfaced in her mind,a plan that might get them both shot.

She landed back in her body and immediately started kicking and screaming inside the trunk, "Hey you ****ing roadies! Let me the hell out of here! You got the wrong girl!" she yelled as she rocked their prison, "Let me out! Let me out! I'm not who you think I am!.

It was a long shot but there was no way they knew that when they caught them they were actually two people fused together. that, and Poppy's voice was drastically different from Starla's, the wholes situation looked fishy. That's exactly what she was counting on.

Phill smiled at the girl who threatened him "oh believe me you are way too injured to do anything to me without getting killed or at least within an inch of your life buttercup." Phill slowly let go of her shirt as she adjusted herself on her elbows and he kept his eyes locked oin her making sure she didn't try anything to hurt them. He was very suspicious of this girl who apparently had been fighting against siren and he growled in frustration "alright, let us know where they are going and why they took the person in the first place. that was randomly trying to kill everyone for no reason and that's one thing that censorkip.gif's me off." Phill had always been one to hate people easily and wasn't very trusting, Looking through his tinted glasses down at the girl though he still had to squint he wasn't sure whether to trust her or kill her. He wanted to hear the answers to his questions though and the mermaid lady can decide what to do and have the final decision.

Viola didn't much care for how Bondage dude was speaking to her.

Viola didn't much care for Bondage dude in general.

Her face darkened for a minute at the tough guy act. "Listen doll, I'd rather choke to death on my own vomit than take orders from a guy who can be trapped by furry pink handcuffs." She said, nodding at the handcuffs still loosely clasped around one of the guys' wrists.

Viola bit at her thumb. She didn't exactly want to play the hapless torturee to either of these mutie freaks, but she didn't exactly have many other options either. As she saw it, she could either spill the beans before the others' got too far away, or nurse her pride.... and she wasn't entirely sure the guy was bluffing about torturing her, either. He wasn't exactly the type to have her shaking in her boots, but..... she had kind of ruined his cabin. A blessing, considering the state of the 70's wallpaper and mustard brown shag carpeting.

"Listen." Viola said, dusting off her t-shirt and shifting her weight to sit up.

The entire story took more than the amount of time viola was willing to waste, over two hours, in fact, with Bondage Man (who's name turned out to be Phill) asking question after stone-faced question. The band, how they'd formed, how they'd met Starla, a natural mutant somehow; Viola even covered how Starla had betrayed them ( in their eyes, anyway), their sale of her to the Lab, and their looooooong and expensive mission to track her down.

"All we wanted to do was to kill the stupid floozy, is that so bad?" Viola asked, stealing a look at the sulky mermaid.

The story was done, but now what? Viola didn't want to outlive her usefullness; the mere fact of having something the other side wanted had kept her alive and un-murdered in more sticky situations than she could count. Viola hated to admit it, but it might be time for her to make a little sacrifice. "Tell ya what, if you help me kick the censorkip.gif out of the girls who left me here to die, I'll let the light freak go afterwards without a bullet in her head. Deal?"

It physically hurt her to offer that deal. She'd been chasing the little freak for more than a year and a half, pouring time and money into tracking down the AWOL bass player. She wasn't sure what Hazel had wanted with her, of course; whether to kill her or find some way to get her to use her powers for them. Either way, she had just wanted the chance to see the look of hopelessness on her face. But hard times called for hard sacrifice, and the look of disregard Hazel had given her as the van pulled away was lighting a fire deep in her stomach.

There was one thing which confused her, however. The person they'd last bought information from, an escaped freak with one eye, had told them that Starla had a partner; a real snotty girl with pink hair.

Where was she?

She had the sinking gut feeling too, that something freaky had gone down with Starla since they'd last met. She'd never met a grown woman who could grow an extra three feet in height; even if they were a mutant.

~~~~~~~~~

"Esko? Pleasure. Names Hazel." The purple haired woman said.

She was still eyeing him, looking him up and down. He seemed strong, maybe with a bit of an attitude problem, but she liked that.At least within reason, she mused.

A desperate shout filtered out from behind the vans' duct-taped doors. Different from Starla's.... different even from Starla's new roided-up look.

Hazel cocked an eyebrow in interest.

Wrong girl?

Starla had looked different, but she hadn't heard of any mutants being able to copy powers, and given the fact that Starla had recognized them; it definitely had to be her.

Hazel ducked back into the van for a moment, raising a polite finger to Esko to excuse herself. she settled on her haunches beside the trunk for a moment, thinking.

The last mutant they'd bought information from had admitted their little freak had a partner... a tall skinny pink haired girl by the name of Poppy. Real dangerous, he'd insisted, like some kind of soft-grunge Freddy Kreuger... whatever that meant. There hadn't been any girl by that description when they'd raided the house, either, meaning that the girl was either dead, had stepped out, or....

Hazel cracked a smile.

"Oh noooo!" She intoned in fake concern. "Did we catch you by mistake? You poor, poor girl. Tell me your name and I'll see if we can get you out of there, darlin'."

Hazel ducked back, bending around the vans front seat to wave to Esko, summoning him closer to the van with a gesture.

" I think I've got a little something here you would love to see."

Edited by ChildeRolande

Phill smiled as he broke the handcuff off of his sprained wrist and sat down "These things can't confine me but miss mermaid on the other hand can and since she was told to not let me leaved what was the point in trying to break these things?" Phill shook his head "yes it is bad, that is the mermaids friend and i figure if i help her they wont sell me back to the lab. I will say thats a good deal and i accept it, i can help you really hurt them as long as we save the other girl."

((Soory for the late reply!))

Esko looked up. Something he would like to see? Was it a bomb aimed at the Dark Legion base? That thought fealt lovley. He walked up. There, he saw this....girl. Okay. And? What a waste of my time. Why would I want to look at...this? he grumbled, gesturing to the girl. The less angry mood brought on by the though of the bomb thing was replaced by a grumpy mood. He glared at the purple haired girl. Hazel, no? He was ready to take some shadows and strangle these people. Well, only one, sadly. If they pissed him off further, they wouldn't see another sunrise after they went to sleep.....

((Shadows, hm.....dunno. Maybe we can brainstorm together!))

A closet. She was stuck in a closet. Ava cursed, struggling to sit up. She sucked in a deep breath, and screamed. HEEEEEEYY! GET ME OUT OF HERE! That censorkip.gif* had just left her behind! With a growl, she pounded one fist against the closet door. The day kept getting worse and worse. The moment she started recovering from a mental breakdown, a van smashed through the door. And now, thanks to that series of events, she was stuck in a closet.

---

Siren remained to listen to Viola's story, though she clearly wasn't sympathetic in any shape or form. Once the woman finished talking, she uncapped the dry-erase marker and wrote. Her name was Poppy. You destroyed our home, and kidnapped her for a grudge you had against Starla. Her tears had dried, and her grief was now replaced with an emptiness. I have no reason to keep you alive. The collectors are sure to show up. Maybe I can convince them to take you too. It was actually a surprise they hadn't shown up already. The DL was usually pretty punctual.

(((they are locked in a trunk. Not out in the open.

Nah. I'm not touching shadow powers. There isn't anyway to rationalize them.)))

Poppy gave the side of the trunk a swift kick when the sarcastic tone of their captor floated through the cracks in their prison. She thought of a partial lie, " My name is Poppy Marek. I was given the power to copy people's physical appearance. Starla paid me to stand in for her while she went to take care of something", Poppy explained, her voice raising in fake panic, "All she asked was for me to watch a bunch of random people in her partner's house. I swear!" she yelled. She kicked Starla to warn her. She needed to stay quiet, her plan would only work if the woman on the other side believes that she was the only one in the trunk.

Phill looked at siren " i am not going back to that aweful lab besides i can help you get poppy as you called her back, i can be useful and help you get your provider back, considering people would hunt you or attack you if you were seen in public having money means nothing to you if you dont have someone to go out and get you the stuff you need." At that moment he heard the other person yelling, He opened the door for her helping her out all the while keeping an eye on the other two "sorry thought the door was open."