Syrup

You are overburdened--would you like to exchange?

No, that is not reasonable. You are basically asking to have control over more eggs than your scroll limits allow, while preventing a person who has room from taking the egg. Absolutely no support.

This.

I *might* be able to get behind doing something like this for bred eggs, because you aren't competing for them like you are in the biomes. But taking away the chance for someone else to snatch a CB, just so you can decide if you maybe want to abandon a different egg... No. Just no. That's *not* fair to all those other people who *aren't* scroll-locked.

Easiest way to fix this "problem": Don't go hunting for eggs when you are locked. Simple.

Neutral mostly, but I agree with Fi here. Don't hunt while you're locked. Pinkgothic's idea seems like an okay compromise.

@RecycledHeart-How many eggs would be sitting in limbo/destroyed in the time that it takes a user to decide whether he or she wants an egg? Why do the eggs have to be destroyed? Couldn't they go to the fastest clicker if the user doesn't decide in a minute's time?

They don't have to be destroyed. I'm fine with whatever.

~Merged~

I can't remember if I actually got to bring this up in the other thread or not, but I was thinking the only way I would support this is if:

-There's a limit/cooldown to how often users can do this (at least only once a month, maybe once every three months?)

-You can't choose which egg will be abandoned for your new one

(Now that I say that, I do think I suggested this for limits.) The problem I had with that last one is that I know I am not alone in "hunting" when I'm locked just to see if I'm quick enough to grab eggs, but I don't actually want to grab the egg. So the ability to use this function would either need to be a BSA or an option in account settings and a BSA probably makes more sense.

Other limits that were proposed:

-As Particle just brought up: having it so that you can only switch if someone hasn't grabbed the egg before you (I can see this causing a little frustration if you've abandoned an egg a second too late and don't get the new egg, which leads me back to thinking this would be better overall as a BSA)

-Only being able to do this with eggs that have been sitting x amount of time in cave without being grabbed (perhaps just a minute? or as much as five?)

~

However, overall, I have my own reservations on this and I would really prefer this not be added. I argued the point about hunting and activity in the last thread and I still think it is a valid concern. With good hunters now never locked, people who rely on slower traffic times and luck have just gotten the short end of the stick and their chances are likely slashed down a bit for catching any good eggs themselves. As well, I agree the limits are there for a reason and this, at least without any restrictions on it, completely circumvents that. It is not a big deal to be unlocked if you want to go hunting. I know it's hard to be locked and see an egg you really wanted, but give it some time and you'll forget or just not care as much. If you keep hunting when you're open, hopefully you'll get another chance. :3

Since this has come up again, just going to quote my reply. I actually forgot the suggestion about an auto-abandon where you can't choose what's abandoned, which is an interesting prospect.

I do still prefer this not be added. It's not so bad for bred eggs, but again, I'd prefer not. If you want to hunt or keep a bred egg, don't hunt or breed while locked. A warning that you're breeding while locked is more preferable to me than switching out bred eggs while locked.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Well... would be convenient... I remember a couple of occasions when the site told me that I hadn't caught an egg/hatchling and instead the thingy was on my scroll and I had no idea I was locked.

But... the suggestion could end as license-to-hunt-all-day-long just replacing the least-valued-egg with the next catch so, regretfully, no support.

This seems like something that would be useful for slow cave or ap hunting. I know sometimes when I'm looking for low time CBs in the AP, I'll see a breed I'd rather have and they do tend to sit awhile. So I think it would still be there even with the time delay on the window. I've often abandoned an egg and still picked up the other. And I'd appreciate fewer clicks/less typing to do so. Fingers get sore doing too much.

So, sure and thank you smile.gif

I don't think this should be used to circumvent the 5 hour rule in the cave though.

As far as the debate. Trying to figure out how to word this so it makes sense.

• This would work with common breeds that most people don't pick up fast anyway. People can already hunt them all day, this just reduces the clicking.

• The AP already naturally discourages people from "trading" eggs. If I hold an egg for 4 hours, then trade it, likely the new egg will take 4 hours longer to hatch. That might not be convenient. It might even mean the egg I drop is ERable. And I have done that.

I'll trade for breeds I'm currently plotting on projects for, and drop things where I picked them up because I'm not at my goal, but also not planning anything in the near future.

And here we go again.

Just in case you are wondering, no, my opinion has not changed since last year. It's solely the user's responsibility to keep track of his limits, and a handholding system catering to people who can't do something this simple that requires a trade-off to the entire playerbase is a definite no from me.

As for AP punting, this suggestion would be hilariously ineffective if treated as such since it's basically the current abandon mechanics, just slightly automated. It's definitely not worth whatever trade-off required for its implementation as a circumvention of scroll limits.

Nope. No support for this or any variation of this. Necro'd thread is still dead.

Just leave a slot free if you want to go hunting. I do this - 6 Neglected exps, 1 free slot for if I see something nice (2 free slots if I expect multiple incoming egg IOUs or the need to breed multiple egg IOUs). It's really not that hard, and I imagine it would be even easier when your 6 "in use" slots are only in use for 2 days at a time instead of 6 days.

No, that is not reasonable.  You are basically asking to have control over more eggs than your scroll limits allow, while preventing a person who has room from taking the egg.  Absolutely no support.

Alternatively, you can bake in some sort of tradeoff to maintain the balance. The example I've used of this in the past is sacrificing an egg slot in order to be able to exchange an egg--by "reserving" one of your slots for a CB egg, you're gaining the convenience of not being locked at the cost of not having as much stuff. It's actually probably not quite balanced, but it illustrates the point.

Both QFT. /thread

ACTUALLY - I think if this were to happen (please no, don't get me wrong) the suggestion in the earlier thread might work - that if you hunt when locked, and want to keep something, A RANDOM EGG ON YOUR SCROLL will be autoed to make the space - and you don't get to choose which.

So you pick up that CB gold YAY YAY - and find that your 2 gen prize has gone to the AP (and then I can catch it - win win for me xd.png)....

I suspect that would make sure no-one used the facility xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

That would only deter those who have something more valuable than a CB Gold on their scroll, so I don't think it would help any.

I would see this working out if you could only do it with 1-2 eggs in a month's time period, but thats the only way I see it not being abused if it has a very very small allowance and a very long cooldown that way people still can have the opportunities for the eggs they want while giving slower users an opportunity to get rares. Otherwise, to be quite frank I wouldn't support this at all cause I see if it has too short of cooldown faster more unscrupulous users could use it to get all the rares which would then inflate what I consider to be an already lopsided dragon trading market and a rich getting richer issue. I would also agree to this if I was allowed beforehand to choose which egg was abandoned otherwise no, yet another reason I do not support this ( DISCLAIMER: I am not saying the whole populace of DC is unscrupulous or underhanded but not everyone has the same morals in life or in games)

Edited by beautifuldragon5000

the only way I would ever support something like this, is if the egg that is abandoned is random, the player using this does not get to pick and choose

other than that No Support

That would only deter those who have something more valuable than a CB Gold on their scroll, so I don't think it would help any.

Anyone mad enough to hunt when locked would probably take the gamble ! I mean - your average player is fine with the rules - you have egg slots and you use the ones you have and don't try to get around it. It is the OVER KEEN people after rares that want this, let's face it.

that way people still can have the opportunities for the eggs they want while giving slower users an opportunity to get rares.

People have the opportunities for the eggs they want - by hunting when they have the space to grab them.

Please, NO! If I should ever be lucky enough to see a Gold dragon in the cave and click on it I would like to know that the message that someone else got the egg means that someone else who was hunting on even ground with me -- with a legitimate space on their scroll -- managed to click before I did. NOT that someone who was browsing while locked clicked faster and then had a chance to drop an egg so they had room for the Gold (or whatever other rare, semi-rare or uncommon egg it might be).

Edited by purplehaze

No support. This is just a way around the egg limits.

Want to hunt a rare? Drop an egg first.

Cheers!

C4.

No support. This is just a way around the egg limits.

Want to hunt a rare? Drop an egg first.

Cheers!

C4.

^^^^ THIS.

Read the Rules, and don't complain if you didn't bother to count.

Now I am not saying I am agreeing with this being added to the game but someone should play devil's advocate so things can civilly discussed. I agree the limits are there for a reason but at the same time there so be freedom to discuss things without devolving into some of the bad situations I have seen before. I, as a person respect everyone's right to speak their minds and this topic should be no different just because it is a bit controversial to some people concerned. But for us older players, a lot of us oldies resisted teleport when it was brought up as a concept years ago because a lot of you thought it would take away from the fun of the game. Well, I don't see this taking away from the if it were implemented unless people let it take the fun out of it. I could see it bringing a new challenge to it.

Edited by beautifuldragon5000

Now I am not saying I am agreeing with this being added to the game but someone should play devil's advocate so things can civilly discussed. I agree the limits are there for a reason but at the same time there so be freedom to discuss things without devolving into some of the bad situations I have seen before. I, as a person respect everyone's right to speak their minds and this topic should be no different just because it is a bit controversial to some people concerned. But for us older players, a lot of us oldies resisted teleport when it was brought up as a concept years ago because a lot of you thought it would take away from the fun of the game. Well, I don't see this taking away from the if it were implemented unless people let it take the fun out of it. I could see it bringing a new challenge to it.

How, exactly ? There are egg limits. Why should there be a way around them ? I am quite happy to be civil - but this is just a way for fast clickers to cherry pick. We REALLY don't need that.

Edited by fuzzbucket

How, exactly ? There are egg limits. Why should there be a way around them ? I am quite happy to be civil - but this is just a way for fast clickers to cherry pick. We REALLY don't need that.

As one of those said fast-clickers, I agree with this. It would be very easy to get myself egg locked with a lot of lower tier rares (unbreedables, trios, blusangs) then just keep looking and snag metallics if I saw them, too. Yes, it would mean that one of my lower tier eggs would get abandoned, and someone else could get it, BUT it really just means that every single fast-clicker could scroll lock themselves without worry and keep going for the better and better eggs. Instead of people who are locked avoiding even looking, they will just keep grabbing the best eggs. The slower clickers, who might have gotten randomly lucky, now have even less a chance of getting them.

As one of those said fast-clickers, I agree with this. It would be very easy to get myself egg locked with a lot of lower tier rares (unbreedables, trios, blusangs) then just keep looking and snag metallics if I saw them, too. Yes, it would mean that one of my lower tier eggs would get abandoned, and someone else could get it, BUT it really just means that every single fast-clicker could scroll lock themselves without worry and keep going for the better and better eggs. Instead of people who are locked avoiding even looking, they will just keep grabbing the best eggs. The slower clickers, who might have gotten randomly lucky, now have even less a chance of getting them.

Thank you for making the point against this so clear!

I haven't seen any good argument for this, and you can add me to the No Support column.

Agree with the above, and would add that it seems rather complicated for the system to have to work out the next-fastest clicker as well, should this be adopted as the destination of any multiple-person-clicked egg ultimately not selected to keep at risk of losing a particular other egg, not to mention that that 2nd fastest clicker may have picked up something else meanwhile and no longer have room - or, in the event of two people misclicking on an egg neither actually wanted, leaving the second person, (after congratulating him/herself on her luck in not picking up the whatever egg by mistake in trying to get one previously present,) locked with it a moment later, perhaps thereby missing out on something s/he actually wanted, or having to pass that unwanted egg along to someone else, perhaps the 3rd fastest clicker, thereby giving the poor little egg a complex for life. xd.png

Years back, I can remember thinking that this sounded like a very reasonable suggestion, but once you know the site better, you can see the issues more clearly so, sorry, but wouldn't personally support this. smile.gif

I'm against this entirely, for reasons stated above.

However, this with breeding would be a whole different story... Maybe. I'd have to see other's opinions on it first. Maybe a new topic could be made?

The only issue I see with it applying to breeding is that some people deliberately breed nice things to the AP, and being slowed down in this way might discourage them from doing so. That might work better as a BSA - 2 weeks active, catches 1 egg from being auto'd to the Abandoned Pile while it's active (after which the effect ends). Maybe a month long cooldown? I dunno. I'm slightly concerned that it might end up straining the system slightly the way I described it.

The only issue I see with it applying to breeding is that some people deliberately breed nice things to the AP, and being slowed down in this way might discourage them from doing so. That might work better as a BSA - 2 weeks active, catches 1 egg from being auto'd to the Abandoned Pile while it's active (after which the effect ends). Maybe a month long cooldown? I dunno. I'm slightly concerned that it might end up straining the system slightly the way I described it.

Or it could just be optional. You could either set your scroll to do that or not. I know there have been a variety of suggestions made about breeding while egg- or scroll-locked.

That could work too. Which is best depends on whether accidental abandonment is an intentional penalty for carelessness or if it's just a lack of a safety net that really ought to be there. I'm fine with either, personally. Just as long as I can breed to the AP without any fuss I'm happy. ^^

Edited by Tehya Faye