Kirito

Supernatural

Leon saw her face, he may not have known why her face was like that. That was same as his, a face of pain and loneliness. Leon did want to see her like that.

"Well if you say so." Leon said as he smiled. He pick her up in fireman's hold and grew wings.

" I was same as you once, I was alone as well. I never knew meaning of friendship or love. I always fought my own battles, ever since that day. I tried to make friends and they would always leave me. But, now i have met people. I had to survive on my own. As of now never think you are alone, for you will always have me. Now hold on tight." Leon said as he flew out the room with great speed.

Edited by HellFireSouLess

[[Working on a post now but I wanted to add my little fun fact in |D Carrying someone across the arms is actually called the "Fireman's hold" because firemen use the hold to get people out of burning buildings. I don't believe grooms picked up their brides in such away until after the firemen had developed the method. I'm not sure about the timeline though.]]

"Oh. I guess that would make sense. I wonder what he was there for...?" Luna trailed off.

"Now that you mention it," Daniel replied to Tanner as he hung down from the ledge of the roof, popping his head back inside Spiderman-style. "I did sense more thoughts and feelings, but I wasn't sure if they were that other part of you or another being altogether." He finished, ducking his shaggy black hair back above the roofline to continue picking at his feathers.

"I didn't smell anything. Then again, I was a bit distracted. Should I send my Ink out hunting for it?" Luna asked, her bangles tinkling like tiny bells as she moved her arms to her sides.

Skinner smiled when Professor Casani said that he could skip the delicate work of the project. He wasn't too excited about the report he had to do to replace it. He stared at her blankly as she explained what he would be writing on. He jumped as if something physically hit him and scrambled to get his pad out. He scribbled down the guidelines for the paper, "Well I...Know some of these words", he said, squinting at his own scratched handwriting. Skinner looked up to thank her and noticed the frown on her face when Aaron walked away. he laughed, "Don't mind him. He is just a dumbass", he said, "Harmless, but a dumbass all the same". Skinner stashed his book back into his back pocket and gave Casani a hug, "Thank you for understanding. It's so nice to have professor that knows about me and my family", he backed away and smirked, "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Wendigo to kill"

Some time later, after stopping by his apartment for a few things, Skinner was on the roof of a apartment complex close to the victims of the wendigo attacks the night before. He was setting up a decoy. Basically a hexed scarecrow complete with the entrails of a pig stuffed inside for esthetics. Skinner pit the stopped off a flask and started slinging the brown liquid around the area, making sure to shower it onto the sidewalk below. It was his own concoction. A chemical slurry designed to simulate the smell of a full grown, piss scared adult man. He thought it was pretty realistic but he had never tested it in the field. Skinner walked a few dozen feet away to the opposite side of the building and stepped into the circle drawn on the ground. Sitting in the center was a old fold out chair that he had used for hundreds of stake-outs. The circle mentioned was an old protective circle from Navajo lore. It worked from the past to prevented the beast from spotting him right away and kept the monster from bum rushing him as soon as it got on the roof. All there was to do now was wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moander stood on platform D as the subway car sped by the station. Humans bustled around him, not giving him more than a glance of interest. HE was speechless. The last time he was in NEw York there was and entire cult devoted to his name. Now no one even knew it. This game was going to more of a challenge than he anticipated.

The Games of the Gods used to be a common practice within the Order. That was back when disputes were more common between the Gods. Since rules have been established and territories claimed, the Games became less and less frequent. In fact, Moander couldn't remember when the last game was initiated.

This particular Game of the Gods deals with a territoral dispute and is a large scale game of capture the flag. Each player hides a personal totem somewhere in the territory and then set out to find each others. The Game only had three rules.

1)each player is allowed three days to build a following to assist in the task. There are no limitations to who can be on a team, how many there are, or what they are. After the third day, the players cannot recruit anymore members.

2)Once the totem is placed, it cannot be hidden again.

3)Once a totem is found, it must be transported back to the location the team's own totem is hidden. Flight or any form of instant travel is forbidden. A totem can be stolen back and rehidden ONLY by the god partaking in the game.

A winner is determined when the totem is found and brought into contact with the other totem. this often meant a dangerous trip of several miles to touch the two items together. The winner gets the territory, the loser has to leave. Simple really.

[[Do you think Dracula will try to get the Wendigo on his side?]]

"Rilain's concept of good is an ideal one but there are many ideal concepts. Different things make up different kinds of good and different kinds of not good. However, Kirit and Meztli believe that this is not Rilain's point. Rilain will believe what he desires to believe, no matter what the Twins tell to him." The child tilted its head, black and white hair shifting across its forehead.

A playful smile flickered through its features, mismatched eyes twinkling with mischief. "Energies are shifting. Endless hunger is searching for satisfaction while the tormented mind longs for release. Teeth know nothing but blood and raw flesh; the claws know nothing but tearing. Rilain must go now but should he interfere with what is soon to occur? Balance will not deny interference but will it accept such actions?"

The child pointed towards the city, eyes never leaving Rilain. "Hunger of the flesh continues its ceaseless hunt, looking for a means to end its starvation. That release cannot be achieved by the hunter itself; someone else must free the ravager." Rilain wanted to do as much as he could in the world, to bring about as true a good as he would be allowed to do. Kirit and Meztli were telling the angelic being something important but it was up to Rilain how he interpreted the Entity's words.

~~~~

Casani laughed, a musical sound that surged passed her lips. "Now, that's not a very nice thing to say but, I guess I shall agree with you." Skinner hugged her then and she smiled, briefly returning the gesture. "I'm glad I could understand your situation. Let your mother know I plan to visit for dinner this weekend. I'm not too good at being able to reach her, as you might know from experience but you're more likely to succeed than I am." A chuckle this time followed by a deep frown at his parting comment. But she couldn't respond because the boy was already gone.

~~~~

Mommy....

Nostrils flared, a huff of air escaping the creature's lungs. The wind carried a scent that distracted it from its present hunt, sunken gaze turning in the direction the trail came from. Food.... Giant claws digging into concrete, it snarled and grunted, following the alluring smell. As it moved, its speed picked up until it traveled at a gallop. Eventually, it scaled a building, gouging the concrete that made up the side, and crawled over the roof ledge. A pause.

The scent of prey filled its nose but its vision showed... something else. Mommy... Food.... Panting, it stalked towards the strange prey, confusion lacing through its sunken gaze. Further from the strange prey, something caught the Wendigo's attention but it couldn't be sure that there was anything there. Its predatory mind didn't linger on trying to sort out whether there was something else there, focused once more on the scent of prey.

With a snarl, it lunged at Skinner's decoy, sinking teeth into straw, fabric, and meat. Most of the scarecrow was ripped apart and tossed aside, the entrails finding a new home within the Wendigo's starving system. Once more, its murky gaze found Skinner, narrowing as it finally began to register his presence. More importantly, it began recognizing his scent from before, as the special meal it had lost.

A snarl escaped its fanged mouth, a roar finding an escape from its throat as it began to charge at the young man.

Mommy....

Rilain thought for a moment that the Twins meant Dracula, but Dracula wasn't interested in release, nor flesh. He was only interested in blood, the life energy which sustained a person. So then what could the Twins possibly be talking about? Obviously something dangerous. And it was certainly SOMETHING, not a concept. Well, perhaps it could be a concept, but it seemed far too imaginative to be one.

In any case, he stood for a moment, then spoke.

"Then for now we are on the same side." he commented. "I shall go and investigate this hungry being, whatever it is. I shall leave Arlham in your omnipotent care for now. When I return, I shall take him under my care as well and attempt to teach him morality. You may have your predictions of the future, but I'll do my damnedest to ensure that I make it hard for you to balance it against the forces of good and not good. I want a world of light for Akane.. and maybe our children.. to live in. Not one of darkness and shadow."

He leaped into the air, wings spread wide and beautifully. He then began to soar across the city, searching for this hungry beast.

The child grinned, a knowing glint in its mismatched eyes. "Meztli and Kirit look forward to Rilain's challenging habits. A world of Light cannot exist but neither can a world of darkness. Only a world that shines with light and casts shadows can survive." Rilain was gone and the child watched the skies a moment longer before returning to Arlham.

[[.-. I feel so anticlimactic....]]

Rilain flew for a short time before sensing two figures which seemed out of place. As always, he checked to see what they could be.

Nothing. He couldn't sense much from them. His instincts seemed clouded. All he knew was that one of them was extremely bloodthirsty. It fit the profile. He landed nearby the pair of beings, observing. When one of them attacked the other, he leaped forward, attempting to stop it.

A young woman stands on the corner of the street, singing.

She has long, dark curls that flow like a river down to her waist. Her green eyes are closed as she loses herself in the song, entrancing her audience as she begins to move her olive limbs- her black dress swirling as she dances.

She's crying, and even though they don't understand the words the girl is using, her audience is crying too.

It's almost as though she is performing a one-man show, but to the audience, there are multitudes of characters playing through the body of one person.

Finally, her performance draws to a close, leaving her audience in tears.

It reminds them of the tragedy in their lives, and Melody thrives on this.

This is how she sustains herself. The drama and sorrow people carry with them is like a lifeline to her- and she nibbles away at it like a greedy rat.

Bringing out the drama and pain and fear of mortals- that's where they get their greatest inspiration.

Especially pain. Pain was a work of art in and of itself.

While her audience fell to its knees with their own overwhelming feelings of sorrow-

a lost dog,

a deceased friend,

a mistake that can't be fixed...

Melody laid a hand over the fire opal and black onyx butterfly that hung from her neck and willed it to breathe, as she herself shrank and was then carried away on the back of the tiny beast.

This is Melody Agne, the modern portrayal of Melpomene, Muse of Tragedy.

((Oh, before I forget, I'm trying to become a better writer, so if anybody has any tips or grammar nazi tendencies towards my posts, please let me know, okay? smile.gif ))

Edited by makenziec123

Skinner jerked awake at the sound of scraping claws and tearing fabric. Across the roof, the beast had finally taken the bait. Skinner rose from his creaky seat and looked at the wendigo. It was different from the others he had seen. This one was almost dragon like. Or at least like Satan from Spawn. IT was also huge. Huge and angry. Skinner snatched up his staff when the monster spotted him and rushed towards him.

Skinner did the opposite of what the monster expected. He held his ground and charged towards it. He was no longer dealing with a run of the mill wendigo. This was something new. Sweat beads formed on Skinner's skin from the fear leaking from his mind. this thing wouldn't just kill him, it would devour him. He was way to pretty for that to happen.

Skinner clutched his hockey stick with both hands and raised it like a baseball bat. He bounced once on one foot and transferred his forward momentum into a swing at the monster's bloody face. a wendigo cannot be killed in any way of mortals His mothers teachings rang out in his mind, Well a broken jaw hurts all the same, Mom.

[[You're writing is good. I would just suggest condensing all of those lines into paragraphs unless for syntactic effect. Additionally, you want to remember to capitalize the start of every sentence, even the segments.

*Watches at Skinner and Rilain collide* -shot-]]

Feathers.

The Wendigo's ears twitched at the sound of beating wings, a new scent assaulting its nostrils. New prey had arrived, possessing a far more alluring aroma than the first one did. The boy moved, striking at the beast with some sort of weapon. The blow connected, only slightly snapping the beast's head to the side. Quickly, it snatched at Skinner's hockey stick with its two right hands and attempted to throw the boy into Rilain as the winged being rushed at the pair.

Food, mommy....

Close. Both of its prey were within its reach, clawed hands itching to pierce flesh. It snarled again, reaching for Rilain with its longer arms. As it reached for him, the creature leapt forward in an attempt to pin the winged being.

Tanner shrugged in response to Luna's question. "Nah, don't worry about it. I was just curious. It was just... his dragonness... was stronger than mine or Leon's. I can look for him later, if necessary." He said. A sudden thought came to him. "Say, Daniel, when are you gonna take me to that place you told me about?" He asked curiously.

------------

Roxy squealed in surprise, her green eyes startled. Leon was flying into the air. While carrying her! "Would it be easier..." She started, concentrated on not looking down. They were pretty high... "If I changed into a fox?" She said, finishing her question.

Leon smiled at Roxy.

"No need to be scared I have you Roxy. I do not care Roxy it is all up to you." Leon answered lovingly. Leon saw the Empire State building and stopped immediately then shot up in the sky. He flew to the top then stood on the tip of it. Leon saw all the beautiful lights.

"Roxy look it is fine, I have you no need to be afraid." said Leon.

Roxy raised an eyebrow in amusement. "Who said I was scared? But yeah, fox would definitely be more comfortable." She changed into a fox, curling against his chest. She yipped to tell him she was ready to go. The city was amazing - and huge. To think she had lived in a city like this for most of her life. It was awe-inspiring, to say the least. Well, technically, she had lived under the city. Come to think of it, she'd have to show Leon sometime.

"I just recently made it to New York. After making it here I was attacked, and lefted for dead. Till Rilian's group found me on the side of the rode." said Leon as his face darkened.

"I never thought that in a city of light, the darkness could linger in it." said Leon

Rilain immediately held up his arms as the Wendigo attempted to use Skinner as a projectile. However, he then swerved to the right to avoid him. He held out his left arm to catch him while his right arm bared his flaming sword. He slashed at the creature, knowing full well what he was dealing with.

Wendigos. Whether they wished for it or not, primal Wendigos hungered for flesh. They possessed intelligence but after long whiles without food they began to revert to primal instinct, unable to use anything other than a desire for sustenance to live. They could be saved.

"Skinner. Stop trying to kill the damn thing!" Rilain commanded, though he still held his sword loosely in his hand. "It may not actually understand what it's doing. Try your best to just knock it unconscious. Daze it."

Though Rilain loved battle and slaughter as much as any warrior, his noble heart kept him from doing things that could be deemed evil. As such, killing a creature with a chance at atonement was not in his best interest. He'd have to first stun it and bind it with various spells.

This was obviously a test from the Twins. They wanted to prove to him that certain creatures were inherently bound to be evil in order to attain balance. They wanted to make sure he believed that not everything had the capacity for purity.

They were wrong. This wendigo could become enlightened. All creatures could. It was a simple matter of patience and power.

Edited by Thaelasan

"Huh? Oh, whenever you're ready, I guess. Luna can stay here and show that other dragon-girl how to get there later, I guess." Daniel replied, flapping his mismatched wings so that he hovered in the air before the window.

"Since when are you the boss of me?" Luna snapped, irritated that he was making a logical decision. It's hard to argue with logic.

Her ink snapped feverishly about her pale skin, even dancing through her snowy locks, making it look like it was stained by oil, if only for a fleeting moment.

"I'll be fine." Daniel rolled his eyes at Luna, then turned back to Tanner. "Ready?"

Luna grumbled and was quite obviously trying not to show her fangs as she moved over to a corner of the room and sat down on a chair that she formed out of her ink.

~~~~~

Melody ghosted through the city- now walking on her own two legs again. Copernicus flitted about her skin excitedly- shifting from ink to spider to ink again.

"I see you sense it as well, Copernicus. This is the first time in many thousands of years that I have felt art in such abundance. Such sorrow dwells within this city. Isn't it lovely?" She laughed lightly, holding the tarantula so that it was facing towards her from the back of her fingers.

Copernicus, rather than replying, shifted back into Living Ink once more, hopping around with even more enthusiasm.

"My, you are quite excited indeed. Whatever for?" She wondered. Alas, she had not been granted the power to make her pets speak to her in human tongues.

Luckily for her, that was when she sensed it- more Living Ink. A plethora of confusion and other deliciously negative emotions like jealousy and greed.

"Ah. So that would be why." She smiled, stopping beneath a lamp post. "I fear you must contain your excitement for but a short time longer, my darling. I believe there are others in this city that we should greet beforehand." And with that, the Muse of Tragedy swept down a dark alleyway, out of the sight of nosy mortal eyes.

Alexander made his way through the crowded city. He shuddered inwardly. So much happiness. He had been gone much to long. The city was thriving. He scowled. "Happiness and contentment everywhere! Whatever happened to greed, sadness, and anger?" He muttered to himself. The small owl nestled in his hand hooted softly, as if agreeing. "You understand, don't ya' Blood?" Alex said, his thumb rubbing the red pygmy owl's head.

Alex made a disgusted face when an elated man passed by. "Okay. Why don't we give you a little... sadness?" He murmured. His cold gaze met the back of the man's head as he inflicted sadness upon him. The man's shoulders drooped.

"That's better." Alex said approvingly. He looked at Blood. "We've got a lot of work to do."

-------------

Tanner thought for a moment. "Now would be great. If there is evil coming, then we all need to be at our strongest. That means I have to face what I've been running from for so long. My inner dragon." He said grimly.

-------------

Roxy changed into a human once more. "That's why evil targets this place. It's a city full of light. The darkness wants to make the city dark once more. That's why there's evil here." Roxy said solemnly. "Now, I want to show you something. So follow my directions, ok?"

"Lead the way Roxy." Leon said still holding her. He lifted off the top, and began following the instructions that Roxy was giving him.

"Alright then, let's go." Daniel smiled, moving away from the window so that Tanner could fly out with him. Tanner looked a almost a little too serious right then though, and so, Daniel decided that a little bit of fun was in order.

"How fast can you fly?" He asked, a bit of a challenge in his eyes as if he wanted to race. "It's about a half a day away when I fly with Luna and her Ink, but I think we could cut of about an hour if I slow down for you." He grinned mischievously.

Luna was still sulking in her corner, but she couldn't help but smile a little at Daniel's comment. She knew he would be fine in the end, so she forced herself to calm down and put away her claws- literally.

All of a sudden, her Living Ink lunged out from under her- pushing her back into a standing position- and back onto her skin, where it began making nervous circles all over the albino and everything within a fourteen inch radius around her.

"What the hell? I didn't tell it to do that... What just happened?" She asked herself. She couldn't think of a time when her control over her Ink had ever slipped like that. On occasion an Omega wolf would have that happen since they were less powerful, especially when someone nearby them is nervous or scared.

Then again, Luna had also seen the Elder Alphas take control of another wolf's Ink and use it to signal them- or sometimes even to remove the Ink completely. Elders were in charge of the distribution of Ink, which they themselves were completely covered in. Even albino wolves like Luna had become coal-black Elders with time.

"Maybe I should take a look around the city. The pack might be trying to get a message out or something." She decided, waiting until Daniel and Tanner left before she too departed.

(((How the hell did he know his name? Especially his nickname? Skinner left the coffee shop before he could meet anyone, remember?)))

Skinner cursed when the beast snagged his staff and hurled him towards the edge of the roof, only to be caught by some winged man. He dropped the short distance to the tar covered roof just as the wendigo lunged for the winged humanoid. Skinner scrambled across the roof ot avoid being stepped on. "I'm not being paid to keep it alive!", he yelled back, "I've never seen one this far gone". He stuck his cigarette holder in his mouth and rose to his feet. He took a deep breath, "BUTO bullate," He said, blowing a stream through his holder. A stream of bubbles poured out of the thin tube and drifted towards the tangling two. Skinner was already running when the first bubble popped.

The particular transmittance he used produced hydrogen gas encased in a thin layer of nitroglycerin. The wendigo backed into the closest bubble, causing it to burst. A chain reaction was set off and a series of quick explosions surrounded the two, momentarily blocking them from view. His mom once told him that the only way a wendigo could be killed was with fire. Explosion was a type of fire. Right?

The creature lifted up an arm, hard claws deflecting Rilain's blade. The Wendigo snarled, grunting as it opened its salivating mouth. It would have rushed at the winged man again but something else caught its attention. Pain flared at its back, the explosion that Skinner had set disrupting its single-minded focus. The sounds and flashes of heat or pain continued, disorienting the beast by the time the explosions had ceased.

It roared once more, slamming clawed fists into the concrete that kept it and Skinner from falling through to the floor underneath. Rilain and Skinner each seemed to have their experiences with Wendigo but this beast was not what Rilain believed. It had not progressed to such an advanced stage in its disease by lack of sustenance. No. Instead, its disease was advanced from being fed, from feasting upon human flesh almost as often as it breathed. Thousands of lives had perished for its ceaseless hunger, their crimson life-force thickly staining the beast's skin.

Hunger did not discriminate, feeding off of the good and bad, the rich and poor, young and old....

Jaws snapped at Skinner, a long arm lashing out in an attempt to snatch the boy up. The Wendigo swung its other long arm at the winged prey, sunken eyes glinting with the dark light of night.

Rilain, blissfully unaware that the beast was most likely unable to be redeemed, continued to try and use attacks upon it in order only to daze it, not kill.

He swung with the flat of his blade while also punching at the beast. He also used spells meant to daze it. However, one of the beast's attacks connected. It slashed across his arm, ripping across his tuxedo and ruining it. A gash was across his chest - the attack had been meant for his heart.

Infuriated, he leaped backward. He gripped his sword tightly with both hands and held it up to the sky. He then proceeded to empower his sword, his armor appearing and wrapping itself around him.

"I do this for righteousness. Give to me the power to purify this taint." he commanded. "Faciam hoc enim justum est. Date et mihi hanc potestatem, ut sanctificarent contagione."

As he said that, the armor illuminated. The rosary he hung around the sword began to glow. The lines upon his armor became bright and shone like a sun. Before the two other combatants, the Paladin of Virtue was born again.

"Now, beast." he seethed, blade bared. "Come forth. Find solace in your defeat. You were not bested by an equal, but a better."