Kirito

Supernatural

(( SOmehow Rilain needs to find out about this game. Weyland needs help. ohmy.gif I want old, cool man to win sad.gif On a sidenote, I've been reading a fair amount of romantic shounen and shoujo manga, so that's one reason I haven't posted.

I NEED MY ROMANCE FIX. Like really. I need romantic development between two strong protagonists engaged in survival against the world.

Although I hate drama. I mean, really. It's not hard to say "I love you." It isn't. You may think it is but really consider it a moment. All they can say is "But I don't."

I don't understand Japanese people sometimes. I guess because it's a huge deal? Maybe confessions are a bigger deal than I know.

I just wish the Wendigo would fight back already. :I ))

Akane cocked her a head a moment.

"Well, as long as he's fine, ne?" she asked. She closed her eyes and took a drink, wishing the world around her would quit moving so fast for once. Being an eternal entity was hard. Once things started going at a pretty fast pace, you felt it, more than anyone else.

Arlham sat atop his perch, bright blue eyes watching over the city as if he was its keeper, his thoughts on the girl he was to mate with. Renalia, the Pureblood Dralven who inherited the Spawn's very being. Deep within her body, the purest evil resided and merged with her being, but her innocence kept it suppressed. Such power being transmitted to a new breed, the thought of being the creator of something even more fearsome than the Dralven almost gave the elder dragon goosebumps. A serrated smile spread across his lips as he stepped off his resting area. With his hands in his pockets, Arlham casually descended to the ground before waiting until his foot tapped the concrete. Combining the momentum of his fall with the strength of his powerful ancestry, he shot back into the air in an arc until he was back within the city. From here, he decided to casually stroll down the busy New York sidewalks like a common pedestrian, viewing the televisions within the shops and stopping at a local pub to get his fill of mead.

This little specimen will carve my name into the logs of the Ancients. I will be one of the greats, just as my ancestors who started the Dralven lineage, but I will surpass that with something far grander. My race will be born of Dralven blood, infused with the blood of the ancients, and the powers of the Spawn. Delgihl (dell*gill), a play on the mortal word for devil and the essence of dragon and elf. It brings a wondrous ring to my ears.

With a smirk, Arlham continued his trek down the sidewalks of downtown New York City. A new race intensified Arlham's urge to be mated with Rena that the thought of forcibly obtaining her was crossing his thoughts. Surely the parents wouldn't mind if he had to be a little rough so that her name would be cleared. Yes, surely no one would miss the young girl if she were to disappear for a short while.

((So... I'm totally thinking of going through with this... but it might scar Rena to the point where she no longer trusts males or companions. *shrugs* Depends on how it's all played out.))

[[The Twins won't allow for such an offspring to exist x3 Too much power for just one side. Besides, no traumatizing events for little Rena :c I like her... She's been through enough |D -shot-

Also, Mak, you completely missed Agria addressing Luna :|

|D Sorry Thael, I've been waiting for Pad so he had a chance to respond with Skinner :c]]

((Aww, a Delgihl wouldn't be that powerful. They'd just have the strength and spiritual prowess of a devil, combined with the strength of a dragon, and the magical fortitude of an elf. All of which would be compressed into a small body. Besides... what if the Delgihl born was either neutral or good? Then again, Rena birthing an evil being would be intriguing as well. That and it'd make for a good antagonist as well.))

[[Considering the fact that you made your Dralven very difficult to kill and the embodiments of war... xd.png

Again, the Twins won't allow for too much power on one side. They'll probably try to convince Arlham that his offspring would be sterile or obtain only half of the blood. So, either Spawn or Dralven; not both. x3

A Delgihl does sound cool though smile.gif

But we're a family site xd.png No traumatizing events lol *snuggles Rena* I like her too much :c]]

((Sorry Narvix I'll fix that now smile.gif ))

"Dammit! Luna thought silently, desperately trying to force away her emotions (and her fangs).

"I don't want any trouble. I just didn't want to interrupt... whatever it is that you three are doing right now. I was too busy looking for a way out to listen." She shrugged, trying to play it cool.

Hey, it had worked in high school, why wouldn't it work here?

((sorry for the shortness but I've gotta run!))

[[Essentially, I guess. Though, now that Akane, Luna, and Argia have been posted for, it's just a matter of waiting for something from Rena before I post with Argia again x3]]

Beldurra's smile seemed to soften, a glint in xir gaze. "Ah, an attractive ally then? We'll learn of the rules to this game in due time. For now, we must wait for Moander's cue. Until then, what do you say about a visit to some influential artists? I scratch by desire to dabble a little fear into someone's mind and you can cherish the art they create," xe proposed, wings shifting restlessly as xe stood. Taking a step back, xe extended an arm out to Melody, inviting the Muse to take xir arm in a court-like manner.

"If I recall correctly, some artists live within some nicely furnished apartments. Maybe, we could even create a chain reaction. If we stroke the right artists, those already well-established and some who are yet to be discovered, we could bring about a modern Dark Ages to the arts."

~~~

[[Debating on when I should bring the Twins to one of the dragon children :| Though, this would also require Polaristar and Hellfire to pop their heads back in to realize I needz them tongue.gif]]

Rena's nose twitched, the glass of jack and coke in her hand waiting for the cool liquid to find its home in her stomach, her eyes a dull red as she watched the events involving the wolf girl and Death's aid unfold. Taking a sip of her drink, she rested her arms on the headrest of her chair, adjusting the glass so that it dangled freely between her fingers.

"Why so nervous? Would it have any relation to you being here without permission? I mean, if I snuck within someone's residence without them knowing and then claiming you were just trying to find a way out... that alone seems suspicious."

Twirling the glass in her hand, the liquid further stirring itself, she took another sip of the drink before placing the drink back on the table. Leaning forward, she smirked at the girl before adjusting it into a comforting smile.

"Of course, I'm sure Rain wouldn't mind, he seems to have an open door policy with the supernatural."

((Sorry, I've been around. Just kinda busy wink.gif))

Tanner smashed, destroyed, and enjoyed every second of it. A little while later he finally stopped, jumping to the ground. And he had changed. His former 6 foot 1 height was gone and he now towered at 6 foot 8. Webs of silver and gold made their way over his scales and his eyes had a dangerous gleam to them. His teeth had become more dragon-like and he carried himself with an air of confidence. "I'm goin' back!" He yelled, flying back to Rilian's. When he arrived, he had to duck to get through the window. "Did ya miss me?" He asked with a smirk.

Edited by polaristar

[[i will post soon! I pinky promise!

.-. Just need to get my muddled brain working. So, it might be until tomorrow morning.]]

Melody smiled with a dark excitement in her eyes, taking Beldurra's hand and standing.

"That sounds absolutely grand! Please, by all means, lead the way." She replied, gently pulling the butterfly around her neck off and letting it grow enough that it could carry her, should Beldurra choose to fly rather than walk.

"Pray tell, Beldurra, if you don't mind my asking, how is it that your powers work? I influence events around people and then show them an outlet that best suits them. If you do not wish to share, then please, forgive my forwardness." She asked humbly.

~~~~~

Luna was about two minutes away from trying to tear Rena's annoying little voice box out with her fangs. Did this girl ever just listen or consider the fact that she had been here for quite a while? Not bothering anyone at all?

"Look Barbie, I was in here before everyone came in. I was going to leave right after Tanner and Daniel left so I could go see if something was up with my pack. Then these two started talking and, rather than trying to run out of here really obviously like a spy or something, I decided to sit and wait and hope they didn't notice me." She finished, then facepalmed. "Crap, no matter what I did I would've looked like some kind of spy." She realized.

That was when Tanner suddenly showed up again.

At first, she didn't recognize him. He was a lot taller, he seemed a lot more confident, and he even carried a different scent- this one laced with something that smelled like flint and steel mixed together...

"He smells like a dragon!" She realized, then in a panic looked around for Daniel.

"Tanner, where is he?" Luna growled, thinking that with this new confidence and weird dragonish scent he might have hurt her friend. After all, the last time she smelled dragon on him it hadn't gone over too well.

Edited by makenziec123

A soft hum of thought rose from Beldurra's chest. "I do not mind sharing details with allies. A physical example would be best understood but I will try explaining with words until you can see it enacted..." Xe started walking, large wings unfurling slowly and then powering a few times to lift xem into the air. Since Melody had her own means of flight, Beldurra was pleased with the prospect of not having to walk the entire way there.

"I do not need to physically touch my intended targets. However, their fears can manifest much stronger if I do. Their greatest fears become tangible things but only truly harm the intended target. I feed off their fear and that fuels my abilities for later use. When all is said and done, too much fear can cause their hearts to stop. The benefit of this, I can control just how long their fears take tangible form and just how much damage the target suffers physically.

"Now, I am, on a more minor scale, also the Seer of Decay. If I wished it, everything I touch in New York will start to rot and crumble as if thousands of years were passing by in mere seconds." Beldurra had climbed to a tiny thermal that had yet to cool and fade, her wings find brief rest upon the patch of warm air. Flying at night was typically more exhausting for creatures with large wings as the air cooled and made flapping a larger requirement.

Still, she was used to the strain of flying for a couple of hours on air that had gone cold. A few minutes of travel was nothing compared to such weariness.

~~~~

Argia paused, lowering her blade so the tip rested against the floor. "Why did you not just remain in sight? Why did you not just make for the doorway as usual? The suspicion of being spied on would not have crossed any minds if you simply acted as if you belonged here. Or, do you not belong here?" Her head was faintly tilted, curiosity sparking her gaze.

The arrival of a new being caused Argia to flinch faintly, her hand twitching around Atropos' hilt in reflex to the sudden appearance. "No, we did not miss you. You are difficult to miss with your lack of tact and obvious appearance...." Obviously, the Harbinger had not exactly understood the newcomer's remark as he had meant it.

So, there certainly was another dragon child in the city. And, given Tanner's present physical traits, likely advancing in his abilities. Albeit, making it quite a dramatic event.

Tanner held up his hands defensively. "Hey hey hey, relax. He was smashing stuff so I shouted that I was leaving and then left. I didn't hurt him, didn't even touch him." He said. Sensing the obvious tension in the room, he tilted his head. "What's going on here?" Luna looked a little nervous and Argia was staring at her curiously. At Argia's response to his rhetorical question, he placed his hands over his heart. "I am hurt. Very hurt." He said with mock sadness before his face transformed into a cocky grin.

((Ohmygosh I love the new Tanner xd.png))

---------

Roxy nodded and phased into a fox, curling up and falling asleep almost immediately. Her last thought was that she hoped her sleep was peaceful, and not laced with nightmares...

Edited by polaristar

"Fascinating!" Melody replied with wonder in her eyes as her pet lifted her up into the sky alongside Beldurra.

"I look forward to seeing these powers in action, as they say." She smiled, though it was probably hard to hear her over the labored beats of giant butterfly wings.

~~~~~

With a humph, Luna crossed her arms over her chest.

"Of course I belong here. Well, maybe not right now since Rilian left, but I was invited in by him earlier. I apologize for any inconvenience I've caused," She started, then flinched again as her Ink flicked about and hardened like it sandpaper against her skin. "Something is definitely wrong here." She thought to herself briefly. "Look, I'd love to stay and chat, but something is wrong out there," She moved to stand Tanner at the edge of the open window. "So feel free to come find me later."

And with that, she let herself drop backwards, quickly changing into her wolf form and hoping that her Ink would behave itself for a few minutes and catch her.

I'm waiting for padfoot... if padfoot ever posts. Trying not to get too far ahead.

(((Ehhhhhh. Sorry guys. I went straight from ASMing one show to designing another. Its sapped a lot of my time. All of it actually. It's 2 AM and I just left the scene shop -.-

Anyway, Opening night is tomorrow so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to post again. I don't even remember where I left off with Skinner)))

(((How the hell did he know his name? Especially his nickname? Skinner left the coffee shop before he could meet anyone, remember?)))

Skinner cursed when the beast snagged his staff and hurled him towards the edge of the roof, only to be caught by some winged man. He dropped the short distance to the tar covered roof just as the wendigo lunged for the winged humanoid. Skinner scrambled across the roof ot avoid being stepped on. "I'm not being paid to keep it alive!", he yelled back, "I've never seen one this far gone". He stuck his cigarette holder in his mouth and rose to his feet. He took a deep breath, "BUTO bullate," He said, blowing a stream through his holder. A stream of bubbles poured out of the thin tube and drifted towards the tangling two. Skinner was already running when the first bubble popped.

The particular transmittance he used produced hydrogen gas encased in a thin layer of nitroglycerin. The wendigo backed into the closest bubble, causing it to burst. A chain reaction was set off and a series of quick explosions surrounded the two, momentarily blocking them from view. His mom once told him that the only way a wendigo could be killed was with fire. Explosion was a type of fire. Right?

The creature lifted up an arm, hard claws deflecting Rilain's blade. The Wendigo snarled, grunting as it opened its salivating mouth. It would have rushed at the winged man again but something else caught its attention. Pain flared at its back, the explosion that Skinner had set disrupting its single-minded focus. The sounds and flashes of heat or pain continued, disorienting the beast by the time the explosions had ceased.

It roared once more, slamming clawed fists into the concrete that kept it and Skinner from falling through to the floor underneath. Rilain and Skinner each seemed to have their experiences with Wendigo but this beast was not what Rilain believed. It had not progressed to such an advanced stage in its disease by lack of sustenance. No. Instead, its disease was advanced from being fed, from feasting upon human flesh almost as often as it breathed. Thousands of lives had perished for its ceaseless hunger, their crimson life-force thickly staining the beast's skin.

Hunger did not discriminate, feeding off of the good and bad, the rich and poor, young and old....

Jaws snapped at Skinner, a long arm lashing out in an attempt to snatch the boy up. The Wendigo swung its other long arm at the winged prey, sunken eyes glinting with the dark light of night.

Rilain, blissfully unaware that the beast was most likely unable to be redeemed, continued to try and use attacks upon it in order only to daze it, not kill.

He swung with the flat of his blade while also punching at the beast. He also used spells meant to daze it. However, one of the beast's attacks connected. It slashed across his arm, ripping across his tuxedo and ruining it. A gash was across his chest - the attack had been meant for his heart.

Infuriated, he leaped backward. He gripped his sword tightly with both hands and held it up to the sky. He then proceeded to empower his sword, his armor appearing and wrapping itself around him.

"I do this for righteousness. Give to me the power to purify this taint." he commanded. "Faciam hoc enim justum est. Date et mihi hanc potestatem, ut sanctificarent contagione."

As he said that, the armor illuminated. The rosary he hung around the sword began to glow. The lines upon his armor became bright and shone like a sun. Before the two other combatants, the Paladin of Virtue was born again.

"Now, beast." he seethed, blade bared. "Come forth. Find solace in your defeat. You were not bested by an equal, but a better."

[[This is the last set of posts made for our fighting trio.

It's okay, pad. Take your time and get RL done first. We'll make sure the thread doesn't go to the graveyard x3]]

[[still here. Been busy and been waiting. Sorry! I'll post for Beldurra in a little bit. Want to get some homework done.]]

(( Ok if Padfoot doesn't post by tomorrow, can we all agree that we won the fight somehow so we can get things moving? We've waited for weeks, and I don't want to be rude, but I love Rilain and Akane too much to let this die, as well as Vlad. ))

[[Yes. We can do that. I feel it's fair. We'll say that my Wendigo fled, deterred from its special meal in favor of a more easily obtained one as two against one just isn't fair x3 Course, it doesn't think about fair or unfair lol Just food.]]

((I'm here too, guys. Just been busy with school and stuff lately, and have been feeling pretty blah for a few days, soo))