Kirito

Supernatural

[[i'll post when I can. I'm just busy and recently started feeling overwhelmed by many things (but mostly college). I need a chance to step back from things and focus on a few things at a time.

I'm in so many threads on more than just this site, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Let me get things sorted out and, when I'm collected enough, I'll return to this with a post.]]

Rilain returned to the apartment, sweaty from the battle. His heavenly armor faded as he landed back within the room, sighing.

"Daijobou, desu ka?!" Akane exclaimed in worry, running to his side. Rilain waved her away slightly, sighing again as he stood to his feet. He turned to look around the room, uninterested.

"I... I need some time to think. There's more at work here than I previously imagined. With the Twins and all of these Nephilim appearing besides me,... something is definitely amiss. If you need me, I'll be in my room." he stated flatly, walking towards the direction of it.

Akane stopped him midway, her gaze stern.

"Nani ga okotta no ka?" she asked, still concerned.

"Nothing really happened, dearest one, I assure you. It was simply a conflict with an... unsavory sort of creature."

"Nani desu ka?" she asked, this time with more fervor.

"It was a Wendigo, OK?!" Rilain said, exasperated. "It was just a Wendigo!"

"JUST?" Akane put her hands on her hips, irritated. "Wendigos are no laughing matter, Ri-kun. And even if they were, going into a conflict without me... without me here to help you is a foolish notion! The only one you are allowed to fight alone is Vlad, and I hold myself back harshly on that one, with all of my will! Quit trying to take the world on by yourself when I'm willing to help you just as you did for me!"

He blinked, confused. She turned away, arms crossed.

"I didn't realize that it was that large of a deal... I've done this for so many years that-"

"That you forgot that I could help, desu ka?" she asked, still turned away. "That you forgot I can still fight? If things are getting so serious that you're stressed to this point, then let me HELP YOU."

"I will!" Rilain protested. "Fine. Fine! I promise. Just... just please let me rest."

".....Fine. I shall join you shortly." she promised, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I have guests to entertain that you left behind."

"Right.... right..." Rilain stood there for a moment.

He was still standing there when she walked off, unsure if he should actually head to his room or not.

Skinner limped down the empty alleyway, blood dripped down his injured right arm. His hockey stick dragged noisily behind him, blood staining the grip. The damn monster took a pretty good bite out of his arm and forced him to fall back. Not to mention that that flying righteous fellow ruined his plan completely. What was with all the supernatural beings lately. He was beginning to feel claustrophobic in this large city with all the powerful beings flocking into town. Skinner turned the corner and stumbled slightly. He was getting dizzy from the blood loss and was cursing himself for not preparing for any major injuries he might sustain. He had fought plenty of wendigos in the short time he had been working for his mysterious employers but never one this far gone. There was not a shred of humanity left in it's eyes. Where could it have been hiding where it wasn't hunted and still became that corrupted. Well that wasn't that hard of a question to answer. Legend says that Wendigos like dark, underground places. NYC had one of the largest underground tunnel networks in the United States, it could be living in the city for years without being detected. That fact made Skinner wonder what else was hiding just blow the streets he walked.

Skinner fell to one knee and braced his hand against the store window he was passing, leaving a bloody streak on the glass. He gritted his teeth and struggled back to his feet. If he could only get home he would be fine. He had enough equipment to save his life there, getting there was the problem though.

Luna landed (more or less) on a slippery slope that was supposed to be a level platform that would slow her descent.

What actually ended up happening was that she landed on her paws on the slanted pathway, scrabbling to try and pull herself up, then tumbling through the air once more until finally her Ink caught her just short of the ground... a few more minutes, and she'd have at least two broken legs to deal with.

Taking a moment to shake off her rough landing, she inhaled deeply to try and figure out where to start looking.

Putting her nose to the ground without slowing her pace, she soon pulled up all kinds of different scents-

Only three of which she found familiar.

One was Daniel's, he seemed to have flown by the area not too long ago. The second was a member of her pack, a young Inkling named Darla. The third and final was the scent of blood. The blood of that man she had met before...

Without a second thought, she wheeled around to follow the third scent. If he needed help, then she would help him. If not... Well, it's better to be safe than sorry. Especially when you're a supernatural creature.

Finally Skinner thought as he rounded the corner and Breakbill's campus came into view. He had blacked out on the sidewalk for a few minutes but after a little bump of a "Special" brand of smelling salts, he was back on his feet with new found vigor. He just needed to get home and he wouldn't die. He couldn't die. That would mean that his mom was right about his job. Well she was right but he couldn't let her know that. He had too much left to do with his life for him to bleed out in a grimy street in the ass end of NYC.

Skinner whipped around when a bloodcurdling screech rang out in the night. Something heavy hit Skinner between the shoulder blades. She cried out as something sharp sank into the flesh of his injured shoulder. He spun around and stumbled forward, twisting his misstep and slamming his back into the wall of the college. The rage filled screeching changed to that of pain as Skinner felt something crunch underneath the back of his head. He stumbled away and whipped around to face his attacker. Much to his surprise, it was the firefly monster, his old friend Skeeter the Adze. Skinner wasn't messing around this time. Skinner raised his hockey stick and brought it down on the bug's head. Blue blood erupted from the monster's head and it fell still. Skinner dropped his attackers stance and straightened. That was easy he though, wondering why it took him so long earlier. Skinner looked from his left to his right as he slung his hockey stick over his shoulder. He needed to get the beast off the streets so he could get paid. Not to mention that someone stumbling across a seven foot tall firefly. Skinner grabbed Skeeter by the ankle and drug him down the sidewalk with his good arm.

Luna bounded around the corner to the wonderful stench of dead firefly beast filling her nose.

"Bleh!" She gagged, having to practically jump back into her human form in order to keep from tossing her dinner. The smell was still awful, but now that she was human it was slightly more bearable.

"...Do I even want to ask what happened?" Luna asked as she pinched her nose, taking in the sight of a rather ruffed up looking Skinner and the bug carcass.

Edited by makenziec123

Skinner twitched, plucking his drumstick from his jacket pocket and lifting it with his bleeding arm. He whirled around and leveled his stick at the form behind him on the sidewalk. He straightened when he recognized the voice coming from the figure in the shadows. He lowered his drumstick and stashed it back it the inner pocket of his jacket, "Uh....Ink...wolf?" he said, giving up, "I'm sorry, I can't remember your name. I'm bleeding a whole lot s o I really need to get going". He usually didn't mind being an censorkip.gif***, this was different though. He listened to her question about what happened and shrugged, "Job...African Shapeshifting firefly...Hockey stick", he didn't know how to explain what had happened becasue he wasn't sure he understood. Things were happening pretty fast lately. He wasn't sure if he could survive this much physical strain. How long before he makes a deadly mistake. oh yea...I already did he thought, remembering the chunk of his arm that beast took. He smiled awkwardly and turned slowly. With a shuffling start, Skinner continued to limp towards home.

Edited by padfoot

Tanner looked at who was left in the room before going after Luna. "Wait! Don't leave me alonee!" He yelled, flying after her. Deciding that it would be safer to be on the ground, he landed next to her when she was talking to Skinner.

"I can't believe you left me there. That was mean. And heartless. I'm hurt." He pouted. "May I ask what you're doing?" Tanner asked, gagging at some very gross, very obnoxious smell. "Well something just died." He said wryly.

(( Who all still resides in the apartment? I'm sorry. I'm confused. I know Luna and Tanner left, so Rena and the Seer of Death are still there? ))

[[still around. Finals are coming.

Yes, Argia is still in the apartment with Rena, Akane, and Rilain.

I'll get a post made by Sunday.]]

((((

I HAD FEELS ALL WHILE WRITING THIS WHILE LISTENING TO THIS SO YOU HAVE FEELS WHILE READING IT. ))

Rilain suddenly noticed what he had not noticed upon his entry back into his apartment. His wounds and his battle had taxed his energy but now, even in recovery mode, he realized who sat in his chair. Her sword lay by her side, almost a taunt. Rilain's eyes grew wide and anger began to rise within his chest.

A hand was moved to be placed upon his chest and he looked down, confused.

"Daijobu." Akane whispered politely, solemn. "I have already spoken to her. The past is the past."

"The past was our son." Rilain said, his armor clanking together loudly but proudly as he moved slowly to stand across from the woman's chair. His face was definitely agitated, his hands itching to draw his blade and begin his assault upon the woman who had betrayed their ways.

"You who worshiped the death God and brought her wrath upon us as her vassal, why have you come here?" Rilain asked, his voice stern. "You took from me my child without my knowledge. You ended his life without a spoken cause except for the want of your god. And now you sit in my home as though it was yours to live within - as though you were welcome here."

He removed his blade from his back, throwing it to the ground so that he could not be tempted to wield it against her. He knew Akane's ways. Should he have gone against her wishes, her wrath would have been far worse than anything Argia had ever done - if just because of that angry look on her face when she was troubled.

"I had once called you sister, one of those who followed our order, one of those who treated our god with respect - but no longer. Long have I wished to strike you down for your cruel actions against me, unprovoked. Yet, though my hands ache to raise a blade against you, my wife's own orders have been given in your favor. I know not what you have said to her or what you have done but even if she were to forgive you with the fullness of her heart, I would still condemn you in mine - and that will not change."

He sat down across from her, his eyes never leaving her face. He noted, yes, the girl also present - the one called Rena - who he had met fleetingly before.

"I have long waited, as well, for the chance to tell you what you did to me when you took him from me." Rilain whispered, his voice shaking slightly. "A thousand years I had no son. A thousand years I fought and bled for a world that I had no heir in. A thousand years I crossed the lands and slew hundreds of demonic creatures who never stopped pouring into ours. A thousand years I gave in the name of righteousness - and in the name of my beloved. When she was blessed with a child, I, too, was blessed. I awaited, eagerly, his birth. After a thousand years of waiting, nine months seemed like fleeting seconds.

And so was he born, a son, a boy who would carry on my legacy as the next of my kin, who would carry on my name and fight beside me. If I were to die in the line of battle, taken by your blade, I would have gladly gone, knowing he would take my place. But did you take me? No. You took from me a far younger sacrifice, a boy who had not even known half a century, a fledgling Nephilim with eyes that wished to see the future, years ahead of him - and you took them from him without pity."

By now, he was crying, shaking visibly. Akane stood by his side, unable to say what should be said, since she held within her the awful truth of her son's condition. But, to say such a thing would mean that Rilain's hatred for all these years had been in fault - it would shatter him to know he had been wrong, that he never should have hated Argia.

Once, the two had been fellow knights that served in the name of a single God, but Argia had found the other half of the God which Rilain served - Mortia. Death. Referred to as the Lady of the Ice. She who took the souls of the dead with her to the afterworld, after her brother, Luxus, had created them. Akane, however, said that Luxus had a female half - Lux, goddess of balance, who was also the male half of Mortia - Mort. Light and Decay. That was what they were called. When the Light of life was in the eyes of the born children, and then when that light was taken away.

But such was the existence of things, and Rilain had known full well the consequences of bringing a child into the world. Yet, after almost a thousand years or more of life, he had hoped, perhaps, his son would be just as lucky.

He had known not of his son's affliction. So, to him, all of his blame was laid upon Argia. And she had bore it, knowing full well it was misplaced.

"But, yet, I am able to lay down my blade because of the truth. Because, though I do not know why, I know that you were not fully to blame... Call it... Father's Instinct." Rilain said, turning to Akane. "I suppose that placing wards of sensing within my apartment was a very well-made decision."

Akane stared at him, and then the realization began to dawn upon her. One of the most elementary spells to be cast upon a Sanctuary was the ability to hear what was spoken within. Then that means.. Had Argia known?

She turned to Argia, confused. If that was the case...

"But then you.. .then you know what was.." Akane whispered, unable to find words. "Nani..."

"Don't worry. I can place my own foot in my mouth as easily as any mortal. We are not perfect creatures. We make mistakes." Rilain sighed, laying his hands in his lap. "I was too angry, too quick to judge in my younger years - though I have not truly changed. I do not blame you for not telling me the truth. I doubt I would have believed you."

"Then... Argia..?"

"She may stay, as she was to do anyway, as she always has." Rilain said, leaning back in the chair now, relaxed, his body looking far older than he appeared. "And time will continue to turn as it always has, and none of us can stop it. Though I suppose it is her choice to forgive me for all these years of hating her... But it is enough for me to know that she did not take my son from me out of spite... but out of kindness..... He was so... in so much pain... and even I did not know."

He was crying fully now, chuckling slightly.

"What a fool I was. What a fool I was..." he repeated, sighing. "What an absolute fool I was."

"But.. you are my fool." Akane said, leaning down to him. "Baka.."

"And I always will be, until Mortia takes us." Rilain said, embracing her wholly.

The two sat in silence for a long while.

After Rilain had had time to calm down, he turned back to Argia, smiling slightly.

"So what did you come here for anyway, sister?" he asked, curious.

[[Mak, apologies but, would it be alright with you if I put Beldurra on pause until I figure out what to do with them? You're free to take Melody away or leave her alongside Beldurra as you please.]]

Argia listened, as she always did. She listened to Rilain's words as his emotions swept from a clear show of agitation and anger to the painful displays of sorrow and perhaps guilt. For some time, Argia chose not to respond, waiting, instead, for Rilain to be finished. Finally, "There is nothing left for me to forgive, brother. I have long since forgiven you for your mistaken hatred. I did not blame you and I still do not blame you. A child is precious to its parents and it is only right for a parent to feel such grief and, often, hatred from their loss."

Turning her calm gaze towards Akane, she blinked slowly. "I did not know of Rilain's wards. While I had the suspicions of something being laid upon this apartment, I could not be certain and left the idea as part of my imagination," she explained, shaking her head. Leaning forward, she idly rested her chin in her hand and her elbow upon her knee. "Rilain, take my opinion as you desire. I believe you to be no fool. No being can be a fool when they are simply acting based on the knowledge they possess. Would you have believed me all those years ago? No. That much we all know. Except, perhaps ties could have been repaired sooner if I had chosen to say this sooner...," Argia paused, sitting straighter again.

Her crystal-blue gaze shifted between Akane and Rilain, focusing on each individually for a moment before focusing on both at once. "I am very sorry for what I had to do, for what I could not change. I have wished since that day - no, even before then - that I could have changed the outcome. You are both my companions, just as the other Harbingers are, and I truly did not desire you any pain. Especially by my own blade...," she apologized, her gaze softening with sincere sorrow.

She dealt with Death on a daily basis. That did not mean it made the grief any easier to bare....

"The only true comfort I can give you now is the knowledge that your child's soul is in peace, free from suffering," she stated, her voice soft. Impartiality was where she stood, following neutral ground, but she still felt whatever emotions managed to breach that impartiality and impose on her neutrality.

Now, Rilain's inquiry about her presence. Why was she here? First and foremost, she was following the flow of lifelines and seeking the ones that came to an end. Ever on the move, Argia followed her god's pointing finger and Atropos' corrupted hunger. The shinning blade protected collected souls from suffering, sending them to a place of peace. However, the corruption that rested beneath the shinning exterior fed off of and lusted for the innate darkness that resided in most - if not all - beings. She had to allow this corruption to feed on the corruption of others, of claimed souls. It kept Atropos shinning and kept the passed souls out of suffering.

The two sides of her blade separated peace from suffering for collected souls. The corruption in her blade ensured eternal peace for the departed as it took away whatever darkness that might have caused them suffering instead. Except, it was only made that way because of the Twins' interference. Before they had chosen her to help secure Balance all those centuries ago, Atropos had been dull and tarnished, its edges riddled with chips and ragged cracks.

Before, Atropos did not give unbiased peace. Instead, it gave peace alongside damnation, sorting claimed souls into one or the other based upon Mortia's creed. However, Mortia came to accept the Twins' decision for Balance and the effect that resulted on Atropos. After all, every one of the gods had to, just as the Paragons and Harbingers had to for the sake of balance and maintaining the world.

At the very least, Argia preferred eternal peace for souls over eternal damnation. At the least, she could take comfort knowing that a soul would not suffer in death.

She shook her head slowly, fixing her crystal gaze upon Rilain. "I am here because of two factors. First, Beldurra and Gerra have gathered in this city. While I am less concerned about Gerra, it is Beldurra who holds my focus. However, Gerra has shown that he will follow Beldurra if xe commands him to do. Still, if Beldurra remains a passive entity, I believe xe will not command Gerra to do any wrong.

"Second, I was guided here, called upon by the Twins. They have informed me - possibly you as well, Rilain - that they will soon require our assistance," Argia replied, a slight frown crossing her features. Of course, all three knew of Beldurra's habits and all three knew that xe was more likely to cause some form of trouble than not.

Both Akane and Rilain knew about just how often Argia had to interrupt Beldurra's actions and deter xem from xir plans. Argia could handle Beldurra or Gerra on her own just fine. However Argia would need some aid to keep both in check at the same time. Thus, Argia came to seek Akane and Rilain's aid if they were willing. Rilain was Beldurra's counterpart and he would be more than willing to keep Beldurra in line. Of course, if he were allowed, he would have done his best to rid the world of Beldurra all together.

Except, he rid the world of Gainbehera instead. Or, at least, of Gainbehera's Earthly presence. Gainbehera's essence was shuffled into Beldurra's being with the interference of the Twins to avoid too much of a shift in balance from the loss of the Harbinger of Decay. And that had infuriated Rilain but he eventually, bitterly, accepted the need for such actions.

However, Argia did not feel he were a stubborn fool for having such bitterness, for possessing the desire to realize a paradise on Earth. To be fair, she envied the ability that Akane and Rilain had to choose which side they stood on. She sometimes envied their ability to openly show their pain or hatred for unhappy events.

"Brother. Sister. I wish to request your aid should events unfold in a manner that I cannot work alone."

[[Ack, sorry 'bout the lengthy story! If any of it is crap, feel free to slap me and order me to fix it.]]

((That's fine, for now I'll just leave Melody where she is. I may be a little spotty with posting this week because midterms are coming up soon, but I'll post when I can. I'm glad this got started back up again though!))

Luna shrugged at Tanner's complaining, replying simply; "I felt like the best move would be to get out of there, and I figured you would follow me if you wanted to." She started to smile, then winced when her Ink started roiling across her skin again with that sandpaper-like texture.

Looking back over at Skinner again, and still trying not to barf from the disgusting amount of blood filling her nose, Luna asked; "You know, I could help you if you want me to. Just tell me what you need me to do. I'm not letting anyone die on my watch again." She finished.

~~~~~

((I forgot where exactly I put Daniel last so I'm just going to let him fly around a bit. I still like the idea that he was once the vessel of the Twins, if everyone agrees to explore that story line. He can fly around until we come to a decision and then if he does end up being a former vessel of Balance, he can fly into Rilain's apartment and maybe someone will recognize him? Just an idea. If you guys don't like it I'll just leave him as he is smile.gif ))

Daniel, finally satisfied with the amount of damage he had done to the chunks of cement and the old cars, held his weapons up in the shape of a cross, and watched as it shrank back down into a simple black and silvery-white cross. The only difference this time was that it became smaller than before, and rather than turning into a necklace formed itself into the shape of a thin ring.

"Alright then. I guess I should head back to the city." He thought to himself, faint memories swirling in his head like fog trapped under glass as he examined his new ring and pulled himself up into the sky, lazily soaring through the clouds as he let his mind drift to some sort of battle scene... maybe from a movie or a video game he had played? He wasn't sure. But he felt like something important had happened... something to do with this... daydream? Memory?

Skinner paused midstep when the ink wolf asked if she could help. He thought about denying her offer in some smartass manor like he usually would. The only thing that kept him from doign that was the burning pain in his mangled shoulder and the tinges of black on the fringe of his vision. He sighed, "Fine, follow me to my place. I need to get Skeeter bagged and ready for delivery anyway", he said, heading for home.

He could have just went to his mom's office in the school but he knew that the (now pair) of wolves would follow him. There was some powerful XM Maipluation that kept his mom's office in check, he didn't want that information floating around in just anyone's head. Besides, if he got blue blood all over the carpet in her office, His mom would turn him inot a raven. So instead, he opted for his own apartment to regroup.

He trudged up the stairs to his apartment, the lifeless firefly monster thumped dully behind him. He regretted getting a place on the upper floors, especially since he could not ride elevators without stalling them out. Skinner wasn't going to let these wolves hear him complain though. He just pushed through the pain and dizziness until he reached his landing.

A tap on the door later and he was home sweet home. He dropped the Adze by the kitchen and went right for the desk next to his bed. He pulled out a large, metal cased first aid kit and cracked it open, 'Any of you guys have medical training", he asked, rolling his eyes. He was asking wolves after all. Skinner reached back to feel his shoulder when his hand encountered something puzzling. Something puzzling that began to move and fill his shoulder with a new round of agony. Skinner did not hide his panic this time. He sprang to his feet and struggled to look at what was thrashing and biting him. He snagged the thing and yanked it free. Bringing it around to the light, he found that he was holding the long proboscis thing that Skeeter tried to spike him with in the courtyard earlier that night. It must have broke off when he rammed him into the side of the college. He tossed the wiggling toothed worm to the side and sat back down, blood loss was making his eyes heavy and his limbs feel like lead.

((Hey pad, I'd have to double check but Tanner is a dragon hybrid, not a wolf. I'm pretty sure Luna is the only active werewolf in the rp right now.))

Luna nodded and started following Skinner, wanting to say that she could carry the dead monster if that would make it any easier for him, but he seemed set in what he was already doing as he trudged up the stairs.

She ignored his sarcasm with a roll of her eyes as she began taking in his apartment when she heard him scream and suddenly saw a wriggling little worm with shark teeth get thrown to the floor.

Quick as lightning her ink speared through the thing for good measure once it hit the floor, then with a growl she walked over to the metal box Skinner had pulled out.

"You know, I'm trying to help your sorry ass here. I'd appreciate it if you didn't act like I was incompetent just because I'm not fully human. If you despise me that much then you could've just said you didn't want my help." She ranted as she flung open the lid and closed her eyes, concentrating as she tried to remember everything that she had been taught about medicine.

His arm obviously needed to be cleaned out and stitched up, and from the look on his face he could probably do with some sleep so his body had time to regenerate the blood he had lost.

She grabbed a needle and some medical thread from the container, a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, a roll of thick bandages, and some cotton to dab up the extra peroxide.

Fifteen minutes later, Skinner was as patched up as Luna would be able to get him on her own and felt pretty satisfied with her work.

"Better?" She asked as she finally pulled her ink back towards her and tossed the weird little dead worm next to the firefly thing.

Without thinking to check and see if Tanner had followed her, she called out; "I don't think he should move for a while. Do you have any ideas about what to do with those bodies?"

Edited by makenziec123

Rena sat idly in her spot, sipping on her drink occasionally, but remaining ever so quiet as she listened intently on the nephilim's history. So, Rain and Akane shared a traumatic past, one in which a child that probably shouldn't have been conceived between such beings, had both entered the world and was then taken from it. It was a real shame. No, really, it seemed pathetic.

Sighing, Rena downed her drink, ice and all, then stood in preparation to leave when Death's aid began to explain her intent. Beldurra... the name sounded familiar. Regardless, this seemed to be the being responsible for the darkness that was enveloping the city. If she found it and rid it from this world in the name of her species, maybe she would be accepted once more and this marriage ordeal would no longer be stressed. After all, Rena was still far too young to even consider such things, right?

She huffed mentally.

Walking into the kitchen, she placed her glasses into the sink and took one last glance at the three individuals in the opposing room. Rain would more than likely wish to jump right to it, rid this world of a lingering evil, but Akane would probably restrain him. Informing him that jumping into such things without a plan was reckless and that someone could get hurt.

Not even waiting to hear their actual responses, Rena phased through the various layers of the building until she reached the tunnels below. From here, she could stroll around undetected and think of a decent method of dealing with this entity. Of course, locating it first might be an issue, but she figured going to where the darkness was greatest might give her at least a good lead. Well, that had been her intent.

Feeling a presence behind her, Rena quickly turned about only to feel a pressure applied to her forehead and the words 'sleep' echo in her mind. That's when the world went dark and her body went limp.

((Meh... I really don't know... Maybe I'll use this to withdraw myself from the RP, cause I'm just not feeling it anymore.))

He remembered ice. The chilly winds of the frozen North biting into his flesh and reminding him he was alive.

He stumbled across the tundra wastes, blindly, unable to carry on save for the sheer motivation to see the warmth of his home's fire again - but soon, even that would leave him.

He had come here on a pilgrimage, a pilgrimage to try and forget his grief. To forget what had happened to him. To forget what he had seen.

His clans turning upon each other. His world falling apart around him. Brother against brother. Sister against sister. Everyone who had once loved each other, been honest and true, now battled in a grand arena of foolishness and avarice.

He wanted a sign, out here, a sign that his life still held meaning. For some reason, his body pressed on - long after his soul had given up. Long after his own mind had said it was a foolish notion. But he wanted something - something to tell him there was still hope.

Here, there was no one else but himself. Here, only the snow provided sound, the winds whipping past his face, and the trudge of his footsteps as he kept bracing himself for the next, painful step.

"Just let me find a sign..." the man pleaded, his breath ragged.

But, soon, roughly five minutes after saying that, the man fell. Ice covered his frozen body as he began to allow the grasp of death to take him.

Fitting, yes, that he should die here. After all, he had done nothing significant. He had done nothing noteworthy. He had honor but not enough to live for.

Here, he would die, far from the eyes of his clans... but still, his will urged him forward. He began to crawl, clasping the ice and tearing the surface of the snow as he pulled his aching body forward, freezing, shaking. The heat of his movements gave him fragments more of life.

Before him, the fog suddenly began to clear. Confused, he watched as the blizzard seemed to dull, calmed by his presence. As he pulled himself into it, he felt nothing but warmth. The warmth of a loved one's embrace. The warmth of a kind action. The warmth of the sun on a Spring afternoon, as one lay in the grass below, reaching for it.

But here, he found it - that warmth. His body felt invigorated. Had he found it? Or was this heaven? Had he died? Surely that was it. He had died, and now this was his soul. His body must still lay on the frozen ice.

But no, that was impossible - he felt this warmth not just within him but all around him. He still had a body. He began to walk forward now, able to stand again.

"It is yours to take, this power to bear." a voice called from the center of the glade.

"I will take it. I will bear it. For her." the man stated, stepping forward.

"It is yours to hold, your mark to wear." the voice said, peacefully, beautifully. Every syllable was the sing of a harp, the chirp of a bird. This was truly a divine being.

"I will wear it with honor. For her." the man whispered, falling to his knees as he stared upon a site too impossible to be real.

Before him, shoved into the ice as he had left it, so many years ago, was his blade. Many years before, when the wars had begun, he had shoved it into the ground, leaving it on the battlefield. He had made a vow never to fight again, so long as he was forced to fight those he once called brother. As such, he had not joined them, and yet they called to him... SHE called to him...

But in the center of this warm, sunny glade - in the middle of the great snowstorm he had stumbled through - the blade was suspended in ice, revealed to him again. How it had gotten here, he knew not - but though it appeared to be his sword, it could not be it. It shone with a light from within, bringing warmth to all around it. But it was also his sword - indeed - for the inscription of his family name was still visible in the hilt.

ALBOR.

"You lost it once, but now you retrieve..." the voice said. It sounded slightly urging yet at the same time, gave him full choice in the matter.

The man stepped forth, grabbing the hilt of the sword with both hands. Immediately, the ice from his armor began to melt as the colors of white and gold swirling within them. Gone was the color of steel and iron, replaced by the colors of the light, shining - glistening - in the light of the sword.

"Once accepted, there is no reprieve." the voice warned. But the man knew full well of the choice he was making - the choice to join his brothers and sisters in this war.. and HER...

The sword slid from the ice, freely, as he pulled it from the glacier in which it had been placed. But it had no weight to it, surprisingly. The blade came free, light as the feathers of a young bird's wings. He almost dropped it but quickly regained his balance, holding it aloft. The heat and air surrounding him began to churn as it all began to be pulled within the blade, now his to bear, and his to bring to those around him.

"The light within shall be for thee..." the voice sang as it began to leave the world, its duty finally achieved.

"This sword now called Divinity..." Rilain Sei Albor stated firmly, holding it into the sky. As he did so, the storm around him dulled, silenced. The light came down upon him, then, wings unfurling from his back as he accepted the gift that had turned his brothers and sisters to madness.

But he would not be turned. He had someone to protect. Someone he had come out here for to gain this power so he could defend her. Someone who he had pledged his life to - and she had done the same. She would never be hurt again.

"Akane... for you... I will do anything it takes... For you, I will crush any enemy... For you, I would die a thousand times... if just to see you smile again when it was all over." Rilain vowed, turning away from the glade, which now faded into nothingness behind him.

"For you - and for no one else -... I will bear this blade again." Rilain said, with utter devotion in his words. For why would there not be?

He spoke only the truth.

---------

And now he sat before Argia. His beloved, Akane, now stood beside him - as she was apt to do, and as she always had - staring at Argia as well.

But if this truly was a threat which could harm her, he would face it with Argia proudly.

But Argia had not always been this unattached - cold. She had once been as vile as the rest of the Harbingers. Rilain and Akane had been shocked to discover that she had been an assassin working in the temple as a cover. The woman they had thought was a virgin priestess had instead been a twisted hypocrite working for the Death god. They had called her sister, and she had spat in their faces and betrayed them.

Yet, now, as he stared at her - he could feel only sorrow. The edict of the Twins told him he could not tell her the truth. He had to lie about her memories - and he was fine with it. If it prevented her from becoming that wretched being again, then he would lie until the end of time.

Sometimes, the Twins could actually make good decisions. Rilain chuckled inwardly.

"Fine then." Rilain stood to his full height, placing his blade back in its place on his back. "If it means stopping the Harbingers from their plots and defending the ones precious to me, then it is a worthy cause. There is nothing else I would fight for than that. And if your cause is pledged to it, honestly, and wholly - I will give to you my sword until the day comes I sense your reasons are far from just. As it always has been, Sister, and how it will always be."

He allowed his armor to leave him, replacing it with the familiar suit he wore comfortably. He adjusted it slightly, pleased.

"I am indeed worried about the state of the city. I can feel it in my soul - something is amiss. It's not just Vlad - it's many, smaller things that are threatening to become large and dangerous unless I find these flames of evil and snuff them out for good." he mused, looking out the window - which was still broken from earlier - and rubbing his chin. "So tell me, Argia, what do you propose our plan of action is?"

Akane was now seated on the couch, nodding in agreement with his words. She had still been worried that he would attack Argia. Relief was beginning to wash over her.

[[Awww :c I'll be sad to see you leave the RP but, if you don't feel any enthusiasm for it anymore, there's no use continuing with it.

Thael, I hope you don't mind if I move things along a bit? |D I'm starting to worry about possibly repeating topics of discussion aha.]]

Argia dipped her head in a slight nod, her mood more serious now. "As of right now, I intend to watch Beldurra. Xe already knows that I am here but xe doesn't know where I am nor how long I shall stay. I do not know what xe plans on doing here and, until xir intentions are known, observation is the best path we can follow. I do not wish to attack my fellow if xe has no ill intent or course of action beyond simply obeying xir god." However, this was Beldurra and all three knew that xe would be trying one thing or another. It wasn't like Beldurra to keep xir head down for long.

Now Argia shook her head, rising to stand. Her wine had been finished so she gently grasped the empty glass and brought it over to the kitchen sink, setting it on the countertop before returning. Atropos remained where she had rested it, glinting faintly with a stray beam of moonlight. "Rilain. Akane. You are free to do as you see fit in terms of handling Beldurra or Gerra. Just know that I intend to remain on the sidelines until I deem it necessary for my own actions. However, if you need my aid in turn, I will not hesitate to come when called."

Akane was more likely to know how to reach Argia than Rilain would. "Thank you, Akane, for the glass of wine and, thank you both, for allowing me this visit. I must return to my duty this evening. Do call upon me if you require my presence...." She reached for Atropos, firmly gripping the familiar hilt and replacing it across her back once more.

Then, she was gone. With the blink of an eye, she materialized out of sight, reappearing in the street below before vanishing.

[[Anyways, I'm proposing some kind of time-skip once (or around) Mak's, Pad's, and Polar's exchange finishes?

(When I say "around," I mean that the rest will move on to the next day while Luna, Tannar, and Skinner remain in their present state until their stuff is wrapped up and finished. Then they'd join the rest of us in the "present" time.)]]

((That sounds ok to me. Just depends on what Pad and Mak wanna do.))

(((I'm cool with that)))

Skinner chuckled at the girl's anger, "I don't think your incompetent for being half a human. I just think everyone is incompetent". He winced and flinched as the wolf worked on cleaning out his messed up shoulder, "Don't think I ever got both your names", he said, remembering them from the coffee shop but did not remember their introductions, "I'm Skinner".

Skinner rubbed his aching shoulder when she stepped back and announced that she was done, "Thanks", he said simply. Exhaustion was a understatement for what Skinner was feeling. He had stayed up most of the night fighting that stupid firefly, had class all day, and fought a wendigo that evening. Skinner watched the proboscis sail across the room and land next to the creature's body, which was dissolving into fireflies. "****!" Skinner cursed and sprung to his feet and leveled his cigarette holder at the growing swarm. It was trying to shift so it could heal. He knew it wasn't dead, the book in his mom's office specifically said that they were immortal. "Vantus Pogu he said calmly. A funnel of distortion expelled from the tip of his holder. He was glad that neither of his guests happened to be in the way becasue he wasn't going to warn them. The swarm was pressed against the wall, their tiny insect bodies popped under the force of his apparition. He vaulted the couch and grabbed the blanket draped over the back. He tossed it over the Adze's active body "Vila Plume" he said, aiming his holder at the sheet. The monster stopped struggling as the fibers of the blanket solidified into lead, trapping the adze underneath. Skinner sighed and faced his guests, 'Well, I'm going to pass out now", he said, crossing the room and landing face down on his bed in the corner, "feel free to not touch anything. You can stay here or whatever. Thanks for your help" By the end, Skinner was knocked out.

"...I am so completely done with this city." Luna muttered once Skinner was back on his bed, having decided to keep her thoughts to herself while Skinner moved around other than replying;"My name is Luna Abott." when he said he hadn't gotten her name.

She was about to say that she was leaving when her Ink violently picked her up into the air; making it so that it looked liked she had four shadowy spider legs sprouting from her back, and then slamming her into the floor almost hard enough to splinter the wood.

Grumbling a few choice words as she felt her said misbehaving tattoo trying to pick her up again, she forced it to stay calm and flat in a tiny spot shape on her arm.

"Sweet dreams Prince Charming." Luna muttered sarcastically as she picked herself up and started walking back outside.

Something was definitely going on here. She shifted, letting her concentration slip just slightly so that her Ink would guide her without smacking her in the face or stabbing her in the paw, and finally got down to trying to figure out what was going on in this weird city.

((Sorry it took me so long to post! I promise I'm not dead xd.png

And it sounds fine to me too. smile.gif ))

[[Just being certain x3 didn't know if you had anything to wrap up before the new RP day.

Anyone want the honor of starting the next day?]]